RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Jo-Ann

Rate this topic

Guest guest

JoAnn,

Great idea! How can they not let little kids go to the restroom? That makes no sense at all. Let us know how is shakes out.

Good luck!

;)

Guest guest

Hi Jo-Ann,

I'm so sorry! I would be completely flipping out also! Is Sasha okay? Besides the risk of bladder infections that is very damaging emotionally to a child. I can't imagine the school allows that, they must not know how horrible she is. Isn't some of this verging on child abuse? Dana would probably be able to answer that.

Please let me know what happens and vent anytime you wish. I'll say some prayers for Sasha and the other children, I can't imagine putting a child through such a thing.

maria

These crazy pg hormones--someone slap me!!!

Hi!! Well, I am now going nuts and the only reason for reacting this way (that I can think of) is bc of all of the hormones being all out of whack. I'll start at the semi-beginning. I don't think I mentioned to many people, but one of my best friends is pg and due Dec 28th. She lives in AZ and I think I may have brought up that I was excited that we'd be semi-close and pg together. Well, her mil just called me about 10-15 minutes ago. She is planning Charlene's baby shower for July 1st. She wanted to give me a heads up on the fact that she's not planning it alone. She's asked a friend that Charlene has only known for 2 years (and that she's spent maybe a total of 2 months with bc they have always lived in different states) to help her coordinate the shower-- and the friend is farther from there than I am!! I know it seems silly (which is why I'm blaming the pg hormones) but I'm very offended by this. If Charlene asked ME to be her maid of honor, and told ME about being pg before anyone else, and calls ME at 3 am anytime she's bothered by something... why am I not having any part of planning this celebration of something great coming into her life? It really annoys me and I am about ready to scream. Partly bc of the anger I have over this, but also bc I am angry over this. I think I've completely lost my mind!! Maybe I should be happy... Charlene has told me over and over that she doesn't want the shower bc she doesn't feel like having to deal with all of the people. But I would still like a part in doing something really special for this person I've been friends with for 8 years and have gone through so much with. We've been there for each other during everything, even when I was in NC and she was in La. She was with me ! when I had my first ectopic pregnancy. She was the only person who would let me talk about it. I've tried to repay her for being such a great friend through everything by always being there... and this is just another way I'd like to do that. But, am I involved... Nope. I'm just expected to show up with gifts. Argh!!! Someone slap me for acting this way!!!

Amy

17 weeks

Guest guest

wow, what a horrible teacher... I hope they do something about her so no other children have to worry about wetting themselves ever...

lisa r

Guest guest

Jo-Ann, would it be possible for you to get a recording of how she treats the kids? Just so that if she ever tried denying it you'd have proof... Amy 17 weeks, 1 day Re: Jo-Ann Jo-Ann,I know just what you are going through!! Matt was in 3rd grade with a"yeller" too! He was in trouble every day-at least she let him go to thebathroom, he just lost his recess about every other day! Some teachersshould just give it up if they can't handle it, or change to a gradewhere the kids won't be so intimidated by the yelling (like highschool-ha! they'd laugh at her!)Vicki

Guest guest

Jo-Ann

I think as a parent you have every right to know what goes on in your

daughters class room. It sounds like she shouldn't be a teacher if

she can only control the kids by yelling. They are only second grade.

She acts like she is teaching high school.

Pam

Guest guest

JoAnn,

I am hoping for June 27th to get here fast too! I hope and pray that for third grade, Sasha gets a wonderful, sweet teacher!

{{{HUGS}}}

Guest guest

Me too!

Love & hugs,

Jo-Ann

Re: Jo-Ann

JoAnn, I am hoping for June 27th to get here fast too! I hope and pray that for third grade, Sasha gets a wonderful, sweet teacher! {{{HUGS}}}

Guest guest

Pam,

She is a control freak I think. But controlling bodily function isn't something she should be allowed to get away with. I can't wait for this meeting.

Love & hugs,

Jo-Ann

Jo-AnnI think as a parent you have every right to know what goes on in your daughters class room. It sounds like she shouldn't be a teacher if she can only control the kids by yelling. They are only second grade. She acts like she is teaching high school.Pam

Guest guest

Jo-Ann, I can't believe a teacher would do such a thing! How horrible. Haven't the other kid's parents complained....like the little boy who wet himself? Sounds like she has no compassion and needs a new career. It is so hard when a child has to have such a teacher becaruse you never forget a teacher like that. I am glad the school year is almost over. Did the principal back you up or the teacher? These crazy pg hormones--someone slap me!!! Hi!! Well, I am now going nuts and the only reason for reacting this way (that I can think of) is bc of all of the hormones being all out of whack. I'll start at the semi-beginning. I don't think I mentioned to many people, but one of my best friends is pg and due Dec 28th. She lives in AZ and I think I may have brought up that I was excited that we'd be semi-close and pg together. Well, her mil just called me about 10-15 minutes ago. She is planning Charlene's baby shower for July 1st. She wanted to give me a heads up on the fact that she's not planning it alone. She's asked a friend that Charlene has only known for 2 years (and that she's spent maybe a total of 2 months with bc they have always lived in different states) to help her coordinate the shower-- and the friend is farther from there than I am!! I know it seems silly (which is why I'm blaming the pg hormones) but I'm very offended by this. If Charlene asked ME to be her maid of honor, and told ME about being pg before anyone else, and calls ME at 3 am anytime she's bothered by something... why am I not having any part of planning this celebration of something great coming into her life? It really annoys me and I am about ready to scream. Partly bc of the anger I have over this, but also bc I am angry over this. I think I've completely lost my mind!! Maybe I should be happy... Charlene has told me over and over that she doesn't want the shower bc she doesn't feel like having to deal with all of the people. But I would still like a part in doing something really special for this person I've been friends with for 8 years and have gone through so much with. We've been there for each other during everything, even when I was in NC and she was in La. She was with me ! when I had my first ectopic pregnancy. She was the only person who would let me talk about it. I've tried to repay her for being such a great friend through everything by always being there... and this is just another way I'd like to do that. But, am I involved... Nope. I'm just expected to show up with gifts. Argh!!! Someone slap me for acting this way!!! Amy 17 weeks

Guest guest

Jo-Ann, You are so right, you don't want this to affect her outlook on school. She is lucky to have a mom who is there for her. It is such a shame she had to experience that. Those poor kids. Re: Jo-Ann Jo-Ann, OMG how freaking crazy is that?? Isn't there a law or something that says you can't torture children at school. I mean I can't imagine having to "go" and not being allowed to. YIKES!! But I am sure glad you let them have it... Dana 13 weeks 1 day

Guest guest

Jo-Ann, You go girl!! You have ever right to be furious!!! Yeah mom!! Re: Jo-Ann JoAnn, UGH! The nerve of that teacher... I am glad you let her have it! That is absolutely ridiculous. {{{HUGS}}}

Guest guest

Jo-Ann, Oh come on, like he hasn't heard about this before!?! I can't believe he is covering for her! It sounds like more parents need to complain alot. Re: Jo-Ann Jo-AnnOMG!! I can;t believe Sasha's teacher. I think that is totally cruel and uncalled for. I remember when I was in high school they did that because of girls smoking in the bathroom. I was totally freaked. I think it makes it worse when you know you are not allowed to go. I hope the school decides to take your side.Pam

Guest guest

Vicki and Jo-Ann, My niece is in 6th grade this year and her lovely teacher, tells the kids all the time, "I only have one nerve left and you all are getting on it!" and the homework she gets from this teacher is unreal!! Not to mention, she moves aready, so she gets homework from other teachers. Many nights the kid is up doing homework until 10:00!(and that is doing it pretty much from the time she comes home) Luckily her dad is great and really helps her out!! He says he can't wait for this school year is over so they can have a break from all this work. Not to mention this sub who is a "regular sub" who told her class, "I don't really like kids but God wanted me to teach!!!" ......now, go figure!!!...Yeah, God wants her to torture kids, right!!! Some teachers have no right to be teaching!! Ok, just needed to vent! Here I am going to school in hopes to teach one day. I would love to own my own daycare down the road and maybe have a pre-k or k class in it and there are teachers out there who have NO business being there. Re: Jo-Ann Jo-Ann,I know just what you are going through!! Matt was in 3rd grade with a"yeller" too! He was in trouble every day-at least she let him go to thebathroom, he just lost his recess about every other day! Some teachersshould just give it up if they can't handle it, or change to a gradewhere the kids won't be so intimidated by the yelling (like highschool-ha! they'd laugh at her!)Vicki

Guest guest

Jo-Ann, Sounds like she needs to take some classes on how to control her temper! I mean, yes, teaching can be stressful, but there are other ways to handle things and just because you have 24 kids inyour class doesn't mean yelling at them is going to make them behavior any better, I guess she doesn't understand that. I think you and Sasha should go for an ice cream or something June 27th...to celelbrate her doing so well and making it through 2nd grade!! Re: Jo-Ann Jo-Ann,I know just what you are going through!! Matt was in 3rd grade with a"yeller" too! He was in trouble every day-at least she let him go to thebathroom, he just lost his recess about every other day! Some teachersshould just give it up if they can't handle it, or change to a gradewhere the kids won't be so intimidated by the yelling (like highschool-ha! they'd laugh at her!)Vicki

Guest guest

Amy,

The only way to possibility record the classroom would be to ask Sasha to do it and I really wouldn't want to put her in that position. I can only imagine the woman's reaction if she ever figured out what I was up to (and I'm sure it would be Sasha that would take the worst punishment). I'm hoping that she will go flippy-dippy on me in the principal's office, then I will at least have some proof of her temper.

Love & hugs,

Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann,I know just what you are going through!! Matt was in 3rd grade with a"yeller" too! He was in trouble every day-at least she let him go to thebathroom, he just lost his recess about every other day! Some teachersshould just give it up if they can't handle it, or change to a gradewhere the kids won't be so intimidated by the yelling (like highschool-ha! they'd laugh at her!)Vicki

Guest guest

I could probably try that, but the micro-tape that I have only last for approximately 30 minutes and then you have to flip the tape. And the only way I would possibly do that is if Sasha knew nothing about it. With the tape being so short, I don't think I would get too much. I think the school should install cameras in all the classroom, then maybe the teachers would have to be more careful. As it is now, it seems they can say and do whatever they want and it's just a matter of their word against the word of our children.

Love & hugs,

Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann,I know just what you are going through!! Matt was in 3rd grade with a"yeller" too! He was in trouble every day-at least she let him go to thebathroom, he just lost his recess about every other day! Some teachersshould just give it up if they can't handle it, or change to a gradewhere the kids won't be so intimidated by the yelling (like highschool-ha! they'd laugh at her!)Vicki

Guest guest

Jo-Ann,

I have a sneaky idea! Is there any way you can put a tape recorder in Sasha's bookbag that way you can record the teacher yelling? I would think the principal and school board would have to pay attention to that...

maria

Guest guest

Unfortunately her class is on the second floor. And there really isn't way to sneak up on the class. I'm sure she would notice me in the hallway. I know that some of the other teachers have been known to close the door when she starts screaming. Apparently it disrupts their class. So she must be yelling very loud.

I highly doubt that they would invest the money in put cameras in the classrooms. I just think the system is very unfair. The word of the teacher is always taken over the child and that's completely wrong. Not all of these children can be lying. I'm truly hoping that she flips out on me, then maybe I'll have some proof of her temper.

Love & hugs,

Jo-Ann

Guest guest

Considering it's June 3rd today and classes end on June 27th, I really don't see the point in moving her now. The good news is that Sasha told me she is being extra nice to her the last few days. I did warn her on the phone that if she gives Sasha an grief over this, she will have me to answer to.

Love & hugs,

Jo-Ann

Guest guest

Hi Jo-Ann,

Installing cameras would be a wonderful idea! They actually have them in a few day care centers in our area; I think it's great for the children! Unfortunatley that may be a difficult thing to initiate in a school system. Is her classroom on the first floor at all? Maybe you can hide outside the window and listen to what goes on (now I'm jumping at any little bit of hope).

maria

Guest guest

Jo-Ann,

Can you request that she be moved to another classroom? Or is there only one class for 2nd graders?

maria

Guest guest

Jo-Ann,

That's great that you're standing by Sasha and taking such an active role in all of this, unfortunately a lot of parents wouldn't have (or make) the time. Is Sasha handling it well emotionally? I'm sure she feels much better knowing that you're intervening.

maria

Guest guest

I'm actually thinking about throwing the whole class a party. Anyone who makes it through a year of her deserves it.

Love & hugs,

Jo-Ann

Guest guest

Jo-Ann, I agree with wonderful idea!! Treat her and yourself to ice-cream on the 27th!!

Hugs to you and Sasha!!

e

>From: " Meisenhelter"

>Reply-To: PregnancyBabiesAfterEctopic >To:

>Subject: Re: Jo-Ann >Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 00:13:36 -0400 > >Jo-Ann, >Sounds like she needs to take some classes on how to control her temper! I mean, yes, teaching can be stressful, but there are other ways to handle things and just because you have 24 kids inyour class doesn't mean yelling at them is going to make them behavior any better, I guess she doesn't understand that. > >I think you and Sasha should go for an ice cream or something June 27th...to celelbrate her doing so well and making it through 2nd grade!! > > > > Re: Jo-Ann > > >Jo-Ann, >I know just what you are going through!! Matt was in 3rd grade with a >"yeller" too! He was in trouble every day-at least she let him go to the >bathroom, he just lost his recess about every other day! Some teachers >should just give it up if they can't handle it, or change to a grade >where the kids won't be so intimidated by the yelling (like high >school-ha! they'd laugh at her!) >Vicki > > >

Guest guest

Sasha is handling it very well. Probably because she knows I'm standing behind her. And like I said before I warned her teacher to watch her step.

Love & hugs,

Jo-Ann