RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Vella- I really like your attitude and the style in which you write, I am glad you joined this group.Zephyr

Update

A couple of days ago I introduced myself and told all about my currentwoes--a son having a great job go by the board because of economiccutbacks and my agent's negative reaction to a book proposal. At thetime I said I weighed 165 pounds but had committed myself to returningto the rhythm and control that allowed me to lose more than 60 poundsseveral years ago. I stepped on the scales this morning--161. My firstreaction was disappointment (like I expected it to have all meltedoff?) Then I had myself a talking to, asking what the heck I wanted andwhat was wrong with what I'd accomplished. I'm 57 and have been dancingto the weight dance my entire life. I know how the game is played, therules and reality. Now I feel great! Four pounds, even if some of itis water and I can't expect to continue at that pace, is a huge load offmy heart and joints. I've been lifting weights for nearly a year and amso much stronger, something I take great pride in. I love to feel mycalf muscles, to know they're in shape to take me through what lifeoffers--like an ill husband, trying to sell our house and having anotherbuilt, etc. I put on a pair of dockers this a.m. and although they're atad snug, I love them.So, enough with being down in the dumps because I haven't been magicallytransformed in 10 days of being back in control. This is my life.Vella

Guest guest

Hi Vella!

I know this is totally off weight loss, but I just had to ask.......What kind of

books do you write?

in NC

Vella Munn on 09/07/2001 05:09:16 AM

Please respond to wwliterside

To: wwliterside

cc: (bcc: -C /BRE/AGFA/US/BAYER)

Subject: Update

A couple of days ago I introduced myself and told all about my current

woes--a son having a great job go by the board because of economic

cutbacks and my agent's negative reaction to a book proposal. At the

time I said I weighed 165 pounds but had committed myself to returning

to the rhythm and control that allowed me to lose more than 60 pounds

several years ago. I stepped on the scales this morning--161. My first

reaction was disappointment (like I expected it to have all melted

off?) Then I had myself a talking to, asking what the heck I wanted and

what was wrong with what I'd accomplished. I'm 57 and have been dancing

to the weight dance my entire life. I know how the game is played, the

rules and reality. Now I feel great! Four pounds, even if some of it

is water and I can't expect to continue at that pace, is a huge load off

my heart and joints. I've been lifting weights for nearly a year and am

so much stronger, something I take great pride in. I love to feel my

calf muscles, to know they're in shape to take me through what life

offers--like an ill husband, trying to sell our house and having another

built, etc. I put on a pair of dockers this a.m. and although they're a

tad snug, I love them.

So, enough with being down in the dumps because I haven't been magically

transformed in 10 days of being back in control. This is my life.

Vella

Guest guest

Way to go Vella!!!!! Keep it up and keep smiling!!!

Maureen

> A couple of days ago I introduced myself and told all about my

current

> woes--a son having a great job go by the board because of economic

> cutbacks and my agent's negative reaction to a book proposal. At

the

> time I said I weighed 165 pounds but had committed myself to

returning

> to the rhythm and control that allowed me to lose more than 60

pounds

> several years ago. I stepped on the scales this morning--161. My

first

> reaction was disappointment (like I expected it to have all melted

> off?) Then I had myself a talking to, asking what the heck I

wanted and

> what was wrong with what I'd accomplished. I'm 57 and have been

dancing

> to the weight dance my entire life. I know how the game is played,

the

> rules and reality. Now I feel great! Four pounds, even if some of

it

> is water and I can't expect to continue at that pace, is a huge

load off

> my heart and joints. I've been lifting weights for nearly a year

and am

> so much stronger, something I take great pride in. I love to feel

my

> calf muscles, to know they're in shape to take me through what life

> offers--like an ill husband, trying to sell our house and having

another

> built, etc. I put on a pair of dockers this a.m. and although

they're a

> tad snug, I love them.

> So, enough with being down in the dumps because I haven't been

magically

> transformed in 10 days of being back in control. This is my life.

> Vella

Guest guest

Way to go Vella!!!!! Keep it up and keep smiling!!!

Maureen

> A couple of days ago I introduced myself and told all about my

current

> woes--a son having a great job go by the board because of economic

> cutbacks and my agent's negative reaction to a book proposal. At

the

> time I said I weighed 165 pounds but had committed myself to

returning

> to the rhythm and control that allowed me to lose more than 60

pounds

> several years ago. I stepped on the scales this morning--161. My

first

> reaction was disappointment (like I expected it to have all melted

> off?) Then I had myself a talking to, asking what the heck I

wanted and

> what was wrong with what I'd accomplished. I'm 57 and have been

dancing

> to the weight dance my entire life. I know how the game is played,

the

> rules and reality. Now I feel great! Four pounds, even if some of

it

> is water and I can't expect to continue at that pace, is a huge

load off

> my heart and joints. I've been lifting weights for nearly a year

and am

> so much stronger, something I take great pride in. I love to feel

my

> calf muscles, to know they're in shape to take me through what life

> offers--like an ill husband, trying to sell our house and having

another

> built, etc. I put on a pair of dockers this a.m. and although

they're a

> tad snug, I love them.

> So, enough with being down in the dumps because I haven't been

magically

> transformed in 10 days of being back in control. This is my life.

> Vella

Guest guest

Zephyr,

My thoughts and prayers will be with you hoping that all goes well

tomorrow. I am sure everything will be fine!

Congratulations on the no smoking you are doing great.

Maureen

> Nature

>

> Hello Everyone,

> I have been away from the computer for a day or two. Things

here have been crazy!!!!!! and they just keep getting more crazy.

> The GOOD NEWS: tomorrow will be two weeks free of cigarettes, The

walking in place of smoking plan is still working.

> We got a phone call last night at 8:30pm from our home study

social worker and she wants to make her first home visit on Monday at

11am. For most of the world this would be fine but my husband and I

work on the weekends and we have so much to do to get ready!!!!!!!!!!

We also had new carpet being installed that morning, so I called the

carpet people and left them a message that we would need to

reschedule for another day. At work I got a phone call around 1pm

today from the carpet people and they said they would come today

whenever we could be here. They arrived at 3 when we got home and we

had to clear 3 rooms of furniture out so they could get to work it

is now 6:45 and they are still here and my house is a torn apart mess

and the social worker will be here in a little over 24hrs.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Well I haven't eaten or smoked so I am doing ok. I

will still weigh in on Monday a.m. but will probably not stay for

the meeting.

> Thanks for listening to my ranting. I will update you all

later.

> Congrats to all those that are doing so well this week and my

prayers and thoughts to all those in need.

> Zephyr

Guest guest

Hang in there! You'll have a great weigh-in next week!

in NC

SAsh960830@... on 10/09/2001 10:44:02 AM

To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Darn gained a lb this week,uggh. Think it is cause I was SOOO busy didnt

journal faithfully and had to try to play catchup. Plus I didn't eat very

many points or exercise as much. BUSY BUSY week! I will do better this week!

Hugs,

Guest guest

in NC

Hugs,

Guest guest

in NC

Hugs,

Guest guest

Hey Maureen,

Sounds like your life has done a little adjusting. I try to do my grocery shopping on the weekend and plan my meals for the week, this helps on those night I do not have much time but I do have a big appetite. If I go to the store then I will choose all the wrong foods plus if I don't have to go to the store I have more time for other stuff at night. Of course this is all easy for me to say since I do not have a child at home yet, I may sing a different tune shortly.

How do you sleep at night if you are getting your water in mostly at night ? I find that even spreading it out, I am up at least once or twice to use the bathroom. When I do not get my sleep solidly, I am sometimes not at my best. I am curious how other people do with spreading their water out.

Good luck with all your changes and I look forward to reading your future posts.

Zephyr

Update

Hi everyone,I haven't been around very much since school started, I had been volunteering on M-W-F mornings while was in Prek, and then I would substitute for anyone that needed it. Well, this past week, they decided that they really needed my help and didn't want me deciding not to come in sometime, so they put me on the payroll, parttime in the mornings and then I will get extra if I substitute. I am working in the office while is at school and then whatever after she gets out. They offer an extended day service (daycare) for those that go to Prek (I think they charge $3.00/hour), that way those that work can pick them up later, and if I work in the afternoons, she stays there for free. The one problem that I am having with working again is trying to remember about dinner. I either need to get things out of the freezer for the grill or slow cooker, or I end up going to the store to get something after all the after-school activities. I am also having trouble trying to drink all my water, but I try to get most of it in the evenings. As far as food goes, I have breakfast before I leave, take something for snacks while I am there, and then have a OP dinner, so it hasn't been to bad.I read all the posts and try to reply to everyone when I get a chance.I really enjoy all your support and encouragement! Everyone have a great week! Maureen

Guest guest

Hey Maureen,

Sounds like your life has done a little adjusting. I try to do my grocery shopping on the weekend and plan my meals for the week, this helps on those night I do not have much time but I do have a big appetite. If I go to the store then I will choose all the wrong foods plus if I don't have to go to the store I have more time for other stuff at night. Of course this is all easy for me to say since I do not have a child at home yet, I may sing a different tune shortly.

How do you sleep at night if you are getting your water in mostly at night ? I find that even spreading it out, I am up at least once or twice to use the bathroom. When I do not get my sleep solidly, I am sometimes not at my best. I am curious how other people do with spreading their water out.

Good luck with all your changes and I look forward to reading your future posts.

Zephyr

Update

Hi everyone,I haven't been around very much since school started, I had been volunteering on M-W-F mornings while was in Prek, and then I would substitute for anyone that needed it. Well, this past week, they decided that they really needed my help and didn't want me deciding not to come in sometime, so they put me on the payroll, parttime in the mornings and then I will get extra if I substitute. I am working in the office while is at school and then whatever after she gets out. They offer an extended day service (daycare) for those that go to Prek (I think they charge $3.00/hour), that way those that work can pick them up later, and if I work in the afternoons, she stays there for free. The one problem that I am having with working again is trying to remember about dinner. I either need to get things out of the freezer for the grill or slow cooker, or I end up going to the store to get something after all the after-school activities. I am also having trouble trying to drink all my water, but I try to get most of it in the evenings. As far as food goes, I have breakfast before I leave, take something for snacks while I am there, and then have a OP dinner, so it hasn't been to bad.I read all the posts and try to reply to everyone when I get a chance.I really enjoy all your support and encouragement! Everyone have a great week! Maureen

Guest guest

I'm up once or twice to go to the bathroom too - but I'm already up two or three times with one of the girls!! So I can go before a feeding or after a diaper change and then go back to bed until someone else wakes up!!

~~

Hey Maureen,

Zephyr

Guest guest

I'm up once or twice to go to the bathroom too - but I'm already up two or three times with one of the girls!! So I can go before a feeding or after a diaper change and then go back to bed until someone else wakes up!!

~~

Hey Maureen,

Zephyr

Guest guest

Hello Maureen!! I thought you might be working much more than you thought you would!! I worked in an elementary school then the regional service center for five years. I liked being able to work when the kids were in school and having the summers off. But, like you, dinners were a problem!! With the colder weather crockpot cooking would be great for you!! I used to set my stuff up the night before in the fridge then dump everything in the crockpot right before walking out the door.

Thanks so much for the update!! I'm not going anywhere today so I'll be in the chat in a few hours. Hopefully you'll be there too!! Talk to you later...

~~

Hi everyone,I haven't been around very much since school started, I had been volunteering on M-W-F mornings while was in Prek, and then I would substitute for anyone that needed it. Well, this past week, they decided that they really needed my help and didn't want me deciding not to come in sometime, so they put me on the payroll, parttime in the mornings and then I will get extra if I substitute. I am working in the office while is at school and then whatever after she gets out. They offer an extended day service (daycare) for those that go to Prek (I think they charge $3.00/hour), that way those that work can pick them up later, and if I work in the afternoons, she stays there for free. The one problem that I am having with working again is trying to remember about dinner. I either need to get things out of the freezer for the grill or slow cooker, or I end up going to the store to get something after all the after-school activities. I am also having trouble trying to drink all my water, but I try to get most of it in the evenings. As far as food goes, I have breakfast before I leave, take something for snacks while I am there, and then have a OP dinner, so it hasn't been to bad.I read all the posts and try to reply to everyone when I get a chance. I really enjoy all your support and encouragement! Everyone have a great week! Maureen

Guest guest

Hello Maureen!! I thought you might be working much more than you thought you would!! I worked in an elementary school then the regional service center for five years. I liked being able to work when the kids were in school and having the summers off. But, like you, dinners were a problem!! With the colder weather crockpot cooking would be great for you!! I used to set my stuff up the night before in the fridge then dump everything in the crockpot right before walking out the door.

Thanks so much for the update!! I'm not going anywhere today so I'll be in the chat in a few hours. Hopefully you'll be there too!! Talk to you later...

~~

Hi everyone,I haven't been around very much since school started, I had been volunteering on M-W-F mornings while was in Prek, and then I would substitute for anyone that needed it. Well, this past week, they decided that they really needed my help and didn't want me deciding not to come in sometime, so they put me on the payroll, parttime in the mornings and then I will get extra if I substitute. I am working in the office while is at school and then whatever after she gets out. They offer an extended day service (daycare) for those that go to Prek (I think they charge $3.00/hour), that way those that work can pick them up later, and if I work in the afternoons, she stays there for free. The one problem that I am having with working again is trying to remember about dinner. I either need to get things out of the freezer for the grill or slow cooker, or I end up going to the store to get something after all the after-school activities. I am also having trouble trying to drink all my water, but I try to get most of it in the evenings. As far as food goes, I have breakfast before I leave, take something for snacks while I am there, and then have a OP dinner, so it hasn't been to bad.I read all the posts and try to reply to everyone when I get a chance. I really enjoy all your support and encouragement! Everyone have a great week! Maureen

Guest guest

Maureen,

I refuse to cook during the week so on the weekends I make extra servings to

have as left overs during the week as well as an extra meal or two to have

for dinner M-F. Maybe you can try this too!

>

>Reply-To: wwliterside

>To: wwliterside

>Subject: Update

>Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 15:28:03 -0000

>

>Hi everyone,

>

>I haven't been around very much since school started, I had been

>volunteering on M-W-F mornings while was in Prek, and then I

>would substitute for anyone that needed it. Well, this past week,

>they decided that they really needed my help and didn't want me

>deciding not to come in sometime, so they put me on the payroll,

>parttime in the mornings and then I will get extra if I substitute.

>I am working in the office while is at school and then whatever

>after she gets out. They offer an extended day service (daycare) for

>those that go to Prek (I think they charge $3.00/hour), that way

>those that work can pick them up later, and if I work in the

>afternoons, she stays there for free.

>

>The one problem that I am having with working again is trying to

>remember about dinner. I either need to get things out of the

>freezer for the grill or slow cooker, or I end up going to the store

>to get something after all the after-school activities. I am also

>having trouble trying to drink all my water, but I try to get most of

>it in the evenings. As far as food goes, I have breakfast before I

>leave, take something for snacks while I am there, and then have a OP

>dinner, so it hasn't been to bad.

>

>I read all the posts and try to reply to everyone when I get a chance.

>I really enjoy all your support and encouragement! Everyone have a

>great week!

>

>Maureen

>

>

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Guest guest

Maureen,

>

>

>Hi everyone,

>

>

>

>great week!

>

>Maureen

>

>

Guest guest

Maureen,

>

>

>Hi everyone,

>

>

>

>great week!

>

>Maureen

>

>

Guest guest

I couldn't resist any more, I called him this morning and after

some chit chat, I blurted out the real reason for my call was

did you make an appointment at your doctors yet? HE DID HE DID...

Jeanna,

That's very good news :-)

Sandy

Guest guest

Jeanna,

Sandy

Guest guest

Jeanna,

Sandy

Guest guest

Jeanna wrote:

>

> Oh I asked him what his BG today was and he had actually taken it.

> Only bad thing it was 197!!!!!

>

Well as you say, at least he took a reading. That's a good start.

Rick

Guest guest

Jeanna wrote:

>

>

Rick

Guest guest

Jeanna wrote:

>

>

Rick

Guest guest

Marc Lombart wrote:

> Hello,

> Just reporting on my day today. As I said before I woke up with

> 5.1. By supper time I was at 5.8. I decided to celebrate by eating out

> and treating myself to a treat. So I had a clubsandwhich with fries.

> Yes, I know, silly me. I wanted a treat and thought it would be a good

> motivator to see what happens. I finished eating at 6pm.

>

> At 7pm I took a reading. 9.2. At 8pm I took a reading, 10.3 at

> 11:30pm I took a reading, 6.3 So, I had my treat, and now am more

> motivated than before to keep at it. Of course I screwed up my

> induction, so I'll have to start again tomorrow, but it was worth it.

>

Marc,

Sometimes a bit of self experimentation is extremely valuable. Just look

at it like you gave yourself a really good dose of some horrible

contaminant

so that you could try out the newest vaccine. It makes you appreciate

what

the bad stuff can do to you and also appreciate what doing the right

thing

can do. And as you said, " It was worth it. "