RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

intro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi , Welcome! Wow, you have really had a lot of big changes in your life. But it sounds like you have a wonderful, supportive boyfriend, and that is fabulous! I know IE is scary at first. I promise you will stop eating brownies, but you really do have to give yourself permission to eat them first. Jane.

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Guest guest

Hi , Welcome! Wow, you have really had a lot of big changes in your life. But it sounds like you have a wonderful, supportive boyfriend, and that is fabulous! I know IE is scary at first. I promise you will stop eating brownies, but you really do have to give yourself permission to eat them first. Jane.

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Guest guest

We are hear to listen and thanks for sharing your story. EvaGet a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Guest guest

We are hear to listen and thanks for sharing your story. EvaGet a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Welcome :) Being afraid of 'forbidden' foods is very normal!

Mine 'bane' is milk chocolate. Yet I have personally gotten past this

myself and read enough about others doing the same to think you will

too. Its so sad that we have come to NOT trust our own bodies to the

point that we impose our own 'thinking' (often in the form of will

power?) to fight what isn't all that big a boogey man to begin with.

Maybe if you can picture your 'desires' for brownies as a HOLE that

needs to be filled (with brownies), you could see that the longer you

have refrained from eating brownies, the bigger that hole has gotten.

So now to refill that hole you could need far more brownies to fill it

and 'shrink' it as you do do. Above all, if you can find any way for

this be be fun or even just a positive undertaking for you, then I bet

you will soon be posting your delightful surprise at conquering the

'brownie demon' :) :) Best wishes - Katcha

But I'm very afraid that I will never stop eating brownies.

Guest guest

Welcome :) Being afraid of 'forbidden' foods is very normal!

Mine 'bane' is milk chocolate. Yet I have personally gotten past this

myself and read enough about others doing the same to think you will

too. Its so sad that we have come to NOT trust our own bodies to the

point that we impose our own 'thinking' (often in the form of will

power?) to fight what isn't all that big a boogey man to begin with.

Maybe if you can picture your 'desires' for brownies as a HOLE that

needs to be filled (with brownies), you could see that the longer you

have refrained from eating brownies, the bigger that hole has gotten.

So now to refill that hole you could need far more brownies to fill it

and 'shrink' it as you do do. Above all, if you can find any way for

this be be fun or even just a positive undertaking for you, then I bet

you will soon be posting your delightful surprise at conquering the

'brownie demon' :) :) Best wishes - Katcha

But I'm very afraid that I will never stop eating brownies.

Guest guest

Hi Ann,

The " is it the food police bossing me around, or am I just trying to

do what my body wants? " thing happens for me too. Eat when you want

to, and don't worry about the rest. Eventually, that timing might

change anyway. I have re-awakened to some of the nutrition stuff I

used to care about to find myself guzzling diet soda. YUCK!!!! So, I

am cutting back because I KNOW it isn't what I want for myself, not

because the diet police said I have to. I am a total newbie myself,

welcome aboard!

Maureen

>

> Thanks for the welcome from all who responded.:0) I hope nobody

minds my 'newbe' questions. I'm sure I'm going to bring up stuff you

all have discussed many times before. I'll try to get up to speed though.

> My first question is about breakfast. I'm often not feeling all

that hungry until later in the morning. In honoring my hunger, do I

wait until I am hungry to eat in the morning, or do I eat something

anyway because of all the stuff they say about the importance of

breakfast? Sometimes when I wake up, I am hungry, but sometimes I get

up about 6:45 AM, and find I'm not hungry until 9-10 o'clock. I was

reading about turning off the food police last night, so I'm just

feeling unsure about this one.

> Is eating breakfast a diet rule? Or is it part of honoring good

health?

>

> Ann

>

Guest guest

Hi Ann,

welcome aboard!

Maureen

>

health?

>

> Ann

>

Guest guest

Hi Ann,

welcome aboard!

Maureen

>

health?

>

> Ann

>

Guest guest

Im trying to just pay attention to me and not clocks... sometimes Im not eating until late in the day. ive never been a breakfast person.. and im just not going to fight that anymore... im done.

i admit to liking diet soda better tho. Be it that Im used to it or....whatever... Im not going to drink regular soda because 'i should' either... im trying to be done with 'shoulds' all around.

tracy

Hi Ann,The " is it the food police bossing me around, or am I just trying todo what my body wants? " thing happens for me too. Eat when you want

to, and don't worry about the rest. Eventually, that timing mightchange anyway. I have re-awakened to some of the nutrition stuff Iused to care about to find myself guzzling diet soda. YUCK!!!! So, I

am cutting back because I KNOW it isn't what I want for myself, notbecause the diet police said I have to. I am a total newbie myself,welcome aboard!Maureen>> Thanks for the welcome from all who responded.:0) I hope nobodyminds my 'newbe' questions. I'm sure I'm going to bring up stuff you

all have discussed many times before. I'll try to get up to speed though.> My first question is about breakfast. I'm often not feeling allthat hungry until later in the morning. In honoring my hunger, do I

wait until I am hungry to eat in the morning, or do I eat somethinganyway because of all the stuff they say about the importance ofbreakfast? Sometimes when I wake up, I am hungry, but sometimes I getup about 6:45 AM, and find I'm not hungry until 9-10 o'clock. I was

reading about turning off the food police last night, so I'm justfeeling unsure about this one.> Is eating breakfast a diet rule? Or is it part of honoring goodhealth?>> Ann>

Guest guest

Im trying to just pay attention to me and not clocks... sometimes Im not eating until late in the day. ive never been a breakfast person.. and im just not going to fight that anymore... im done.

i admit to liking diet soda better tho. Be it that Im used to it or....whatever... Im not going to drink regular soda because 'i should' either... im trying to be done with 'shoulds' all around.

tracy

Hi Ann,The " is it the food police bossing me around, or am I just trying todo what my body wants? " thing happens for me too. Eat when you want

to, and don't worry about the rest. Eventually, that timing mightchange anyway. I have re-awakened to some of the nutrition stuff Iused to care about to find myself guzzling diet soda. YUCK!!!! So, I

am cutting back because I KNOW it isn't what I want for myself, notbecause the diet police said I have to. I am a total newbie myself,welcome aboard!Maureen>> Thanks for the welcome from all who responded.:0) I hope nobodyminds my 'newbe' questions. I'm sure I'm going to bring up stuff you

all have discussed many times before. I'll try to get up to speed though.> My first question is about breakfast. I'm often not feeling allthat hungry until later in the morning. In honoring my hunger, do I

wait until I am hungry to eat in the morning, or do I eat somethinganyway because of all the stuff they say about the importance ofbreakfast? Sometimes when I wake up, I am hungry, but sometimes I getup about 6:45 AM, and find I'm not hungry until 9-10 o'clock. I was

reading about turning off the food police last night, so I'm justfeeling unsure about this one.> Is eating breakfast a diet rule? Or is it part of honoring goodhealth?>> Ann>

Guest guest

tracy

Guest guest

Here Here! On the should's woulds coulds. I feel like I am sobering up and saying"YUCK!!!! I put THAT in my body?Maureenlee wrote: Im trying to just pay attention to me and not clocks... sometimes Im not eating until late in the day. ive never been a breakfast person.. and im just not going to fight that anymore... im done. i admit to liking diet soda better tho. Be it that Im used to it

or....whatever... Im not going to drink regular soda because 'i should' either... im trying to be done with 'shoulds' all around. tracy On 8/10/07, maureenlmartin <maureenlmartin> wrote: Hi Ann,The "is it the food police bossing me around, or am I just trying todo what my body wants?" thing happens for me too. Eat when you want to, and don't worry about the rest. Eventually, that timing mightchange anyway. I have re-awakened to some of the nutrition stuff Iused to care about to find myself guzzling diet soda. YUCK!!!! So, I am cutting back because I KNOW it isn't what I want for myself,

notbecause the diet police said I have to. I am a total newbie myself,welcome aboard!Maureen>> Thanks for the welcome from all who responded.:0) I hope nobodyminds my 'newbe' questions. I'm sure I'm going to bring up stuff you all have discussed many times before. I'll try to get up to speed though.> My first question is about breakfast. I'm often not feeling allthat hungry until later in the morning. In honoring my hunger, do I wait until I am hungry to eat in the morning, or do I eat somethinganyway because of all the stuff they say about the importance ofbreakfast? Sometimes when I wake up, I am hungry, but sometimes I getup about 6:45 AM, and find I'm not hungry until 9-10

o'clock. I was reading about turning off the food police last night, so I'm justfeeling unsure about this one.> Is eating breakfast a diet rule? Or is it part of honoring goodhealth?>> Ann>

Guest guest

Here Here! On the should's woulds coulds. I feel like I am sobering up and saying"YUCK!!!! I put THAT in my body?Maureenlee wrote: Im trying to just pay attention to me and not clocks... sometimes Im not eating until late in the day. ive never been a breakfast person.. and im just not going to fight that anymore... im done. i admit to liking diet soda better tho. Be it that Im used to it

or....whatever... Im not going to drink regular soda because 'i should' either... im trying to be done with 'shoulds' all around. tracy On 8/10/07, maureenlmartin <maureenlmartin> wrote: Hi Ann,The "is it the food police bossing me around, or am I just trying todo what my body wants?" thing happens for me too. Eat when you want to, and don't worry about the rest. Eventually, that timing mightchange anyway. I have re-awakened to some of the nutrition stuff Iused to care about to find myself guzzling diet soda. YUCK!!!! So, I am cutting back because I KNOW it isn't what I want for myself,

notbecause the diet police said I have to. I am a total newbie myself,welcome aboard!Maureen>> Thanks for the welcome from all who responded.:0) I hope nobodyminds my 'newbe' questions. I'm sure I'm going to bring up stuff you all have discussed many times before. I'll try to get up to speed though.> My first question is about breakfast. I'm often not feeling allthat hungry until later in the morning. In honoring my hunger, do I wait until I am hungry to eat in the morning, or do I eat somethinganyway because of all the stuff they say about the importance ofbreakfast? Sometimes when I wake up, I am hungry, but sometimes I getup about 6:45 AM, and find I'm not hungry until 9-10

o'clock. I was reading about turning off the food police last night, so I'm justfeeling unsure about this one.> Is eating breakfast a diet rule? Or is it part of honoring goodhealth?>> Ann>

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi...my name is marty and i am finding my way toward intuitive

eating...i was there once many years ago before i think the term

intuitive eating existed but i began overeating as a way of stress

management...i am making progress and reading everything i can

find...i have found something interesting to share...the slow food

movement promotes an unhurried relaxed way of life

from The Slow Food Manifesto:

< May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-

lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who

mistake frenzy for efficiency. >

http://www.slowfood.com/about_us/eng/manifesto.lasso?-

session=slowfoodstore:42D51512141832A11FhMs33855E8 & -

session=slowsitestore:42D51512141832A11FgXn33855E9

this concept of intuitive eating and slow food together really speaks

to me and i have embraced it as a lifestyle and being not in a hurry

and relaxed i have found most of the stress that drove my overeating

is gone...i even drive the under the speed limit which i find drives

the people behind me nuts...too bad for them :)

Guest guest

Hi Marty,

While bolting down one's food is hardly a good way to eat at any time,

I'm just too naturally 'wired' to live my entire life that-a-way. Glad

to hear it helps you though! So when you are enjoying the scenery

while you drive, hope you get a smile out of waving at me if I wiz on

by :) :) In the end of both of our 'journeys' we each will have IE to

enhance our lives :) :) - ehugs, Katcha

Guest guest

Hi Marty,

While bolting down one's food is hardly a good way to eat at any time,

I'm just too naturally 'wired' to live my entire life that-a-way. Glad