RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Introduction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Karis, I understand things like that happen, So now we get to have you as a member! Welcome aboard! I can already tell you will fit right in, in no time! Hi , I was a Moderator in my last group and though I will not get into specifics, I will say that there were tensions amongst the Management Team, and I felt it was best to leave, rather then have it cause stress for myself or any of our members. Karis Hi Karis, Your so welcome! It is difficult you never quite know if you will offend anyone, or step on any toes! But I went in here full barrel! And everyone has been awesome! Why did you leave your last group? Hi ; Thank you for the warm welcome, it is very difficult to move into a new group ... I hope that I am able to find my own little space within this established group/family. I am sure that everyone is very friendly and supportive - its just hard starting over. Karis HI KARIS, I am new too, and so far this group has made me feel very welcome! I hope you feel the same! Soft Hug... Hello everyone; My name is Karis, I'm a 36y/o single mother of a teenage daughter, living in Toronto Ontario. I am 6yrs diagnosed with FM-CFS, though have suffered the symptoms much longer. Additionally, I also have RLS, Sciatica, PTSD, Depression, Chronic Insomnia.. etc etc etc. And the 99 symptoms and side effects which go along with each of my illnesses. I have been on pretty much every medication known to man lol .. currently I am on the Duragesic Patch 25mcg for chronic pain around the clock, though I am having it increased to 50mcg - because of severe breakthrough pain, which I am taking Tylenol 4's for. This is in addition to muscle relaxants, CNS relaxants, etc etc etc. I am currently trying to shift as much of my prescription meds over to supplements as much as possible, at the moment, I am taking Vitamin D - 1200IU/day .. Magnesium 900mg/day ... B-Complex 100 and Glucosamine Sulfate 1500mg/day. I am looking forward to starting D-Ribose in the next week, as well. In my former group, there were many members who had wonderful results with D-Ribose, so I hope to share in those and find the relief I need. I also have severe swelling in my feet - I am fearful that I may have Gout - so, I will be having the urik acid testing done for that next week as well. ~seems I am forever being tested for one thing or another~ *ugh* lol Luckily, my most recent test have shown that I do not have Lupus. Which I am VERY thankful for. :) As I said, I have recently left my former support group, of which I was a Moderator... and though I will miss many of the members there, most of whom I have become quite close with, I am in search of a new 'home'. I am hopeful that I will be able to find the support I require within your group. I know the importance of sharing fears/concerns/experiences with ones who "know" what I am going through. And hopefully I can share with you some of my personal experiences as well. :) I look forward to getting to know each of you, over time .. as I am with great hopes that I may be able to become part of your 'family'. <warm hugs> Karis 1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone. 1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone. 1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for the welcome, I actually have been jumping in, I've made a few posts now, but I believe I am still being moderated - so my posts aren't coming up until hours after the fact. Sort of difficult to piece them to any relevant conversation. lol

Karis

Re: Introduction

Hi Karis,

I must have missed your post when you introduced yourself. Anyway, welcome to the group. It is a good group of people who share a common bond. That means everything, considering the conflicts we endure because of this disease.

I look forward to getting to know you. Just jump in any time!

Kathleen1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for the welcome, I actually have been jumping in, I've made a few posts now, but I believe I am still being moderated - so my posts aren't coming up until hours after the fact. Sort of difficult to piece them to any relevant conversation. lol

Karis

Hi Karis,

I must have missed your post when you introduced yourself. Anyway, welcome to the group. It is a good group of people who share a common bond. That means everything, considering the conflicts we endure because of this disease.

Kathleen1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Hi Kathleen,

Karis

Hi Karis,

Guest guest

Hi ;

I know how difficult it is for so many who suffer with FMS and associated illnesses, I am fortunate that way, that I can actually spend many hours at the computer - and do - lol ... while working on web sites etc,

In my former group, partially because I was a Moderator - and partially because it was Really active - I could be on for 12hrs a day. Now mind you that isn't straight... I leave my computer on all day and it is in the livingroom - so I am able to hop on and off through the day. :)

Karis

Hi Karis,

Your so welcome! It is difficult you never quite know if you will offend anyone, or step on any toes! But I went in here full barrel! And everyone has been awesome! Why did you leave your last group?

Hi ;

Thank you for the warm welcome, it is very difficult to move into a new group ... I hope that I am able to find my own little space within this established group/family. I am sure that everyone is very friendly and supportive - its just hard starting over.

Karis

HI KARIS,

I am new too, and so far this group has made me feel very welcome!

I hope you feel the same!

Soft Hug...

Hello everyone;

My name is Karis, I'm a 36y/o single mother of a teenage daughter, living in Toronto Ontario. I am 6yrs diagnosed with FM-CFS, though have suffered the symptoms much longer. Additionally, I also have RLS, Sciatica, PTSD, Depression, Chronic Insomnia.. etc etc etc. And the 99 symptoms and side effects which go along with each of my illnesses.

I have been on pretty much every medication known to man lol .. currently I am on the Duragesic Patch 25mcg for chronic pain around the clock, though I am having it increased to 50mcg - because of severe breakthrough pain, which I am taking Tylenol 4's for. This is in addition to muscle relaxants, CNS relaxants, etc etc etc.

I am currently trying to shift as much of my prescription meds over to supplements as much as possible, at the moment, I am taking Vitamin D - 1200IU/day .. Magnesium 900mg/day ... B-Complex 100 and Glucosamine Sulfate 1500mg/day. I am looking forward to starting D-Ribose in the next week, as well.

In my former group, there were many members who had wonderful results with D-Ribose, so I hope to share in those and find the relief I need.

I also have severe swelling in my feet - I am fearful that I may have Gout - so, I will be having the urik acid testing done for that next week as well. ~seems I am forever being tested for one thing or another~ *ugh* lol

Luckily, my most recent test have shown that I do not have Lupus. Which I am VERY thankful for. :)

As I said, I have recently left my former support group, of which I was a Moderator... and though I will miss many of the members there, most of whom I have become quite close with, I am in search of a new 'home'.

I am hopeful that I will be able to find the support I require within your group. I know the importance of sharing fears/concerns/experiences with ones who "know" what I am going through. And hopefully I can share with you some of my personal experiences as well. :)

I look forward to getting to know each of you, over time .. as I am with great hopes that I may be able to become part of your 'family'.

<warm hugs>

Karis

1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Hi ;

I know how difficult it is for so many who suffer with FMS and associated illnesses, I am fortunate that way, that I can actually spend many hours at the computer - and do - lol ... while working on web sites etc,

In my former group, partially because I was a Moderator - and partially because it was Really active - I could be on for 12hrs a day. Now mind you that isn't straight... I leave my computer on all day and it is in the livingroom - so I am able to hop on and off through the day. :)

Karis

Hi Karis,

Your so welcome! It is difficult you never quite know if you will offend anyone, or step on any toes! But I went in here full barrel! And everyone has been awesome! Why did you leave your last group?

Hi ;

Thank you for the warm welcome, it is very difficult to move into a new group ... I hope that I am able to find my own little space within this established group/family. I am sure that everyone is very friendly and supportive - its just hard starting over.

Karis

HI KARIS,

Soft Hug...

Hello everyone;

My name is Karis, I'm a 36y/o single mother of a teenage daughter, living in Toronto Ontario. I am 6yrs diagnosed with FM-CFS, though have suffered the symptoms much longer. Additionally, I also have RLS, Sciatica, PTSD, Depression, Chronic Insomnia.. etc etc etc. And the 99 symptoms and side effects which go along with each of my illnesses.

I have been on pretty much every medication known to man lol .. currently I am on the Duragesic Patch 25mcg for chronic pain around the clock, though I am having it increased to 50mcg - because of severe breakthrough pain, which I am taking Tylenol 4's for. This is in addition to muscle relaxants, CNS relaxants, etc etc etc.

I am currently trying to shift as much of my prescription meds over to supplements as much as possible, at the moment, I am taking Vitamin D - 1200IU/day .. Magnesium 900mg/day ... B-Complex 100 and Glucosamine Sulfate 1500mg/day. I am looking forward to starting D-Ribose in the next week, as well.

In my former group, there were many members who had wonderful results with D-Ribose, so I hope to share in those and find the relief I need.

I also have severe swelling in my feet - I am fearful that I may have Gout - so, I will be having the urik acid testing done for that next week as well. ~seems I am forever being tested for one thing or another~ *ugh* lol

Luckily, my most recent test have shown that I do not have Lupus. Which I am VERY thankful for. :)

As I said, I have recently left my former support group, of which I was a Moderator... and though I will miss many of the members there, most of whom I have become quite close with, I am in search of a new 'home'.

I am hopeful that I will be able to find the support I require within your group. I know the importance of sharing fears/concerns/experiences with ones who "know" what I am going through. And hopefully I can share with you some of my personal experiences as well. :)

I look forward to getting to know each of you, over time .. as I am with great hopes that I may be able to become part of your 'family'.

<warm hugs>

Karis

1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Hi ;

Karis

Hi Karis,

Hi ;

Karis

HI KARIS,

Soft Hug...

Hello everyone;

<warm hugs>

Karis

Guest guest

Hi ;

Thank you for the kind words and thoughts. :)

Karis

Hi Karis,

I understand things like that happen, So now we get to have you as a member!

Welcome aboard! I can already tell you will fit right in, in no time!

Hi ,

I was a Moderator in my last group and though I will not get into specifics, I will say that there were tensions amongst the Management Team, and I felt it was best to leave, rather then have it cause stress for myself or any of our members.

Karis

Hi Karis,

Hi ;

Karis

HI KARIS,

Soft Hug...

Hello everyone;

<warm hugs>

Karis

Guest guest

Hi ;

Karis

Hi Karis,

Hi ,

I was a Moderator in my last group and though I will not get into specifics, I will say that there were tensions amongst the Management Team, and I felt it was best to leave, rather then have it cause stress for myself or any of our members.

Karis

Hi Karis,

Hi ;

Karis

HI KARIS,

Soft Hug...

Hello everyone;

<warm hugs>

Karis

Guest guest

Hi ;

Karis

Hi Karis,

Hi ,

Karis

Hi Karis,

Hi ;

Karis

HI KARIS,

Soft Hug...

Hello everyone;

<warm hugs>

Karis

Guest guest

HI WAYNEY!! WELCOME TO THE GROUP! There are a bunch of awesome people here! So supportive and caring! You'll be glad you joined! Hello. I'm Wayney.I just joined and wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I am 28 yrs old. I'm married (for 10 years) and have a 3 year old son. We live in Myrtle Beach, SC. I was dx'ed with sero-negative polyarticular JRA when I was 7 and then in 2001 I was dx'ed with fibro. In all honesty, I think for the the fibro is worse. I managed with the RA. But, when the fibro flares up, I want to head to my bed. I have managed not to allow myself to give in to that for many months now. Hard with a 3 yr old. My son thankfully, has not had to get used to a "new" mommy after a dx. I've always been this way in his eyes so I'm normal to him. Lately, he's been so helpful to me. He has suddenly decide he wants regular chores. Now, I am grateful for his help but it was very surprising. If I go to do laundry, he has to help. He gets mad if I don't let him. He also likes doing other chores. I guess he is learning young. I'm also greateful that my husband is completely understanding of how I feel. (Both Ra and fibro run in his family.) I guess I should mention the other member of our little family. I have a 4 year old min pin who is spoiled rotten. Her name is Mika and she gets her way most of the time. My son calls her his "sister dog". Well, I will go now as I have probably rambled on long enough. Wayney

Guest guest

HI WAYNEY!! WELCOME TO THE GROUP! There are a bunch of awesome people here! So supportive and caring! You'll be glad you joined! Hello. I'm Wayney.I just joined and wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I am 28 yrs old. I'm married (for 10 years) and have a 3 year old son. We live in Myrtle Beach, SC. I was dx'ed with sero-negative polyarticular JRA when I was 7 and then in 2001 I was dx'ed with fibro. In all honesty, I think for the the fibro is worse. I managed with the RA. But, when the fibro flares up, I want to head to my bed. I have managed not to allow myself to give in to that for many months now. Hard with a 3 yr old. My son thankfully, has not had to get used to a "new" mommy after a dx. I've always been this way in his eyes so I'm normal to him. Lately, he's been so helpful to me. He has suddenly decide he wants regular chores. Now, I am grateful for his help but it was very surprising. If I go to do laundry, he has to help. He gets mad if I don't let him. He also likes doing other chores. I guess he is learning young. I'm also greateful that my husband is completely understanding of how I feel. (Both Ra and fibro run in his family.) I guess I should mention the other member of our little family. I have a 4 year old min pin who is spoiled rotten. Her name is Mika and she gets her way most of the time. My son calls her his "sister dog". Well, I will go now as I have probably rambled on long enough. Wayney

Guest guest

YES, it is nice to be able to 'talk' to people that understand! Have support definately Rocks! Hug's Thanks for the welcome. I have bee offline for sometime and missed the support of having people to talk to about fibro. Wayney

Guest guest

YES, it is nice to be able to 'talk' to people that understand! Have support definately Rocks! Hug's Thanks for the welcome. I have bee offline for sometime and missed the support of having people to talk to about fibro. Wayney

Guest guest

Hi Wayney

I think it is great that your son is helping you out so much. He seems to be a very caring and compassionate little boy, that is so great. My son (age 8) also is very caring and compassionate to how I feel, and very helpful. I would say you are very lucky to have such understanding "men" in your life. And that says a lot for you to raise such a caring individual.

-Diane in Caliwayneyp2 wrote:

Hello. I'm Wayney.I just joined and wanted to take a minute tointroduce myself. I am 28 yrs old. I'm married (for 10 years) andhave a 3 year old son. We live in Myrtle Beach, SC. I was dx'ed withsero-negative polyarticular JRA when I was 7 and then in 2001 I wasdx'ed with fibro. In all honesty, I think for the the fibro isworse. I managed with the RA. But, when the fibro flares up, I wantto head to my bed. I have managed not to allow myself to give in tothat for many months now. Hard with a 3 yr old. My son thankfully,has not had to get used to a "new" mommy after a dx. I've always beenthis way in his eyes so I'm normal to him. Lately, he's been sohelpful to me. He has suddenly decide he wants regular chores. Now,I am grateful for his help but it

was very surprising. If I go to dolaundry, he has to help. He gets mad if I don't let him. He alsolikes doing other chores. I guess he is learning young. I'm alsogreateful that my husband is completely understanding of how I feel.(Both Ra and fibro run in his family.) I guess I should mention theother member of our little family. I have a 4 year old min pin who isspoiled rotten. Her name is Mika and she gets her way most of thetime. My son calls her his "sister dog". Well, I will go now as I have probably rambled on long enough.Wayney1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a

difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Hi Wayney

I think it is great that your son is helping you out so much. He seems to be a very caring and compassionate little boy, that is so great. My son (age 8) also is very caring and compassionate to how I feel, and very helpful. I would say you are very lucky to have such understanding "men" in your life. And that says a lot for you to raise such a caring individual.

-Diane in Caliwayneyp2 wrote:

Hello. I'm Wayney.I just joined and wanted to take a minute tointroduce myself. I am 28 yrs old. I'm married (for 10 years) andhave a 3 year old son. We live in Myrtle Beach, SC. I was dx'ed withsero-negative polyarticular JRA when I was 7 and then in 2001 I wasdx'ed with fibro. In all honesty, I think for the the fibro isworse. I managed with the RA. But, when the fibro flares up, I wantto head to my bed. I have managed not to allow myself to give in tothat for many months now. Hard with a 3 yr old. My son thankfully,has not had to get used to a "new" mommy after a dx. I've always beenthis way in his eyes so I'm normal to him. Lately, he's been sohelpful to me. He has suddenly decide he wants regular chores. Now,I am grateful for his help but it

was very surprising. If I go to dolaundry, he has to help. He gets mad if I don't let him. He alsolikes doing other chores. I guess he is learning young. I'm alsogreateful that my husband is completely understanding of how I feel.(Both Ra and fibro run in his family.) I guess I should mention theother member of our little family. I have a 4 year old min pin who isspoiled rotten. Her name is Mika and she gets her way most of thetime. My son calls her his "sister dog". Well, I will go now as I have probably rambled on long enough.Wayney1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a

difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Welcome, akathryn

You will learn a lot from this list. There are anumber of type 2 diabetics

on it as well as a number of us type 1's.

We recommend carbohydrate counting and keeping your 2 hour post meal glucose

level at 120 or less. Please ask any questions and we will try to help.

Introduction

Hello:

My name is and I am from Minneapolis. I am a type II diabetic and

I was diagnosed in 1997. I am currently taking medication only, the generic

form of Glucovance.

I hope to learn a lot about the disease and tips on better management as

well as experiences of the group members.

Guest guest

Welcome, akathryn

Introduction

Hello:

form of Glucovance.

Guest guest

Welcome, akathryn

Introduction

Hello:

form of Glucovance.

Guest guest

Hello, . Welcom!

Whatever else may be said, I think no one could accuse participants on this

list of being shy about venturing opinions and advice. (grin) A fair number

of us are on one insulin regimen or other but there are also some who use

medication as you do. You will find a wealth of information and advice which

can help you to manage diabetes if you're willing to take it to heart and to

put up with the strong opinions. (smile)

There are quite a few Type II diabetics on here; there are also quite a

number of Type I diabetics including myself although I am a relative

rarity -- a late-onset Type I (I'm 56). Makes for some interesting

discussions.

I am sure we can learn from you as well as the other way round.

Again, welcome.

Mike Freeman

Introduction

> Hello:

>

> My name is and I am from Minneapolis. I am a type II diabetic

> and I was diagnosed in 1997. I am currently taking medication only, the

> generic form of Glucovance.

>

> I hope to learn a lot about the disease and tips on better management as

> well as experiences of the group members.

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hello, . Welcom!

Whatever else may be said, I think no one could accuse participants on this

list of being shy about venturing opinions and advice. (grin) A fair number

of us are on one insulin regimen or other but there are also some who use

medication as you do. You will find a wealth of information and advice which

can help you to manage diabetes if you're willing to take it to heart and to

put up with the strong opinions. (smile)

There are quite a few Type II diabetics on here; there are also quite a

number of Type I diabetics including myself although I am a relative

rarity -- a late-onset Type I (I'm 56). Makes for some interesting

discussions.

I am sure we can learn from you as well as the other way round.

Again, welcome.

Mike Freeman

Introduction

> Hello:

>

> My name is and I am from Minneapolis. I am a type II diabetic

> and I was diagnosed in 1997. I am currently taking medication only, the

> generic form of Glucovance.

>

> I hope to learn a lot about the disease and tips on better management as

> well as experiences of the group members.

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi, Mike,

Thank you for the welcome. I have a sister-in-law who was diagnosed this

year and she is both type I and type II. She is on an insulin regime and

from what I have heard has drastic swings from quite low to as high as 450.

They told her that if she stays within those levels it is okay for now. I

have not heard anything since a few months ago, but I know that for a while

she had problems with her sight.

I am looking forward from learning from the group and I will share my

experiences if anyone is interested.

Again, thank you for the welcome.

p.s. I am a RLF/ROP baby so have never had sight.

Introduction

>

>

> > Hello:

> >

> > My name is and I am from Minneapolis. I am a type II diabetic

> > and I was diagnosed in 1997. I am currently taking medication only, the

> > generic form of Glucovance.

> >

> > I hope to learn a lot about the disease and tips on better management as

> > well as experiences of the group members.

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Hi, Mike,

Introduction

>

>

> > Hello:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Hi, Mike,

Introduction

>

>

> > Hello:

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

:

Glad you're with us, as I said.

Holy Mother! 450! 500 landed me in the hospital! I've heard of

individuals who had a bG level of 450 mg/dl (that's 25 mmol for those

outside the U.S.) and who didn't notice. But that sure wouldn't fly with

me! I don't wonder that she has had some sight problems. wow!

I realize that there may be some difficulty stabalizing her bG readings

and that her medical team (if such exists) may be afraid of

hypoglycemia. But boy, would I work on getting those bG readings down.

It might take a month or two and a fair amount of work on your

sister-in-law's part and some close observation by her medical team but

if she doesn't, she'll have a helluva time down the road. Her vision

problems are a warning sign. And I bet the people who market Depends are

making a mint from her!

But I'm probably preaching to the choir on this one and you probably

can't do much about it.

Mike

> Hi, Mike,

>

> Thank you for the welcome. I have a sister-in-law who was diagnosed this

> year and she is both type I and type II. She is on an insulin regime and

> from what I have heard has drastic swings from quite low to as high as 450.

> They told her that if she stays within those levels it is okay for now. I

> have not heard anything since a few months ago, but I know that for a while

> she had problems with her sight.

>

> I am looking forward from learning from the group and I will share my

> experiences if anyone is interested.

>

> Again, thank you for the welcome.

>

>

>

> p.s. I am a RLF/ROP baby so have never had sight.

> Introduction

>>

>>

>>> Hello:

>>>

>>> My name is and I am from Minneapolis. I am a type II diabetic

>>> and I was diagnosed in 1997. I am currently taking medication only, the

>>> generic form of Glucovance.

>>>

>>> I hope to learn a lot about the disease and tips on better management as

>>> well as experiences of the group members.

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>