hi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sharon f. I was on taxotere every 3 weeks for 6 months, also had weekly

herceptin. It stopped working then they put me on gemzar, and that put

me into remission (2 3/4yrs). And this was the third time for me to have

b.c. I do take a daily pill, arimidex, its like Tamaxofin, blocks

hormones. And I will take this till it stops working, praying that god

will allow it to work a good 15,20, 30 yrs.

Carol

Hi

Hi gal's, I was wondering if anyone on here has been on taxotere or

is on taxotere and has it worked for them or is it working for

them. I have had 5 treatments of it so far and on the 25th I am

going to have a ct scan and bone scan to see if it is working for me

so I was just curious about anyone else, but everyone is different,

too, where it might work for one person and not the other. I also

have one of the precious moment's figuirine's with the boxing

gloves now I ordered that new one that was shown on here. Mine is

going to cost me $45.00, but, I don't care I think it is worth it.

Well, thank's gal's if anyone can give me any info. Take care, God

Bless, Love, Sharon F.

Guest guest

Thank you Carol, I am the same Sharon from the other bc group, but

that is OK. You are so sweet to respond here, too. Thank's again.

Love, Sharon F.

> Sharon f. I was on taxotere every 3 weeks for 6 months, also had

weekly

> herceptin. It stopped working then they put me on gemzar, and that

put

> me into remission (2 3/4yrs). And this was the third time for me

to have

> b.c. I do take a daily pill, arimidex, its like Tamaxofin, blocks

> hormones. And I will take this till it stops working, praying that

god

> will allow it to work a good 15,20, 30 yrs.

>

> Carol

>

>

>

> Hi

>

>

> Hi gal's, I was wondering if anyone on here has been on taxotere

or

> is on taxotere and has it worked for them or is it working for

> them. I have had 5 treatments of it so far and on the 25th I am

> going to have a ct scan and bone scan to see if it is working for

me

> so I was just curious about anyone else, but everyone is

different,

> too, where it might work for one person and not the other. I also

> have one of the precious moment's figuirine's with the boxing

> gloves now I ordered that new one that was shown on here. Mine is

> going to cost me $45.00, but, I don't care I think it is worth

it.

> Well, thank's gal's if anyone can give me any info. Take care,

God

> Bless, Love, Sharon F.

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thank you Carol, I am the same Sharon from the other bc group, but

that is OK. You are so sweet to respond here, too. Thank's again.

Love, Sharon F.

> Sharon f. I was on taxotere every 3 weeks for 6 months, also had

weekly

> herceptin. It stopped working then they put me on gemzar, and that

put

> me into remission (2 3/4yrs). And this was the third time for me

to have

> b.c. I do take a daily pill, arimidex, its like Tamaxofin, blocks

> hormones. And I will take this till it stops working, praying that

god

> will allow it to work a good 15,20, 30 yrs.

>

> Carol

>

>

>

> Hi

>

>

> Hi gal's, I was wondering if anyone on here has been on taxotere

or

> is on taxotere and has it worked for them or is it working for

> them. I have had 5 treatments of it so far and on the 25th I am

> going to have a ct scan and bone scan to see if it is working for

me

> so I was just curious about anyone else, but everyone is

different,

> too, where it might work for one person and not the other. I also

> have one of the precious moment's figuirine's with the boxing

> gloves now I ordered that new one that was shown on here. Mine is

> going to cost me $45.00, but, I don't care I think it is worth

it.

> Well, thank's gal's if anyone can give me any info. Take care,

God

> Bless, Love, Sharon F.

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

the doctors believe the arimidex is what is keeping my cancer in check.

Carol

-----Original Message-----From: KLIPKURL Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 10:45 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: RE: Hi

Carol why are you going to have to take Arimidex so long....I take it but will only have to take it 5 years....Carol wrote: Sharon f. I was on taxotere every 3 weeks for 6 months, also had weeklyherceptin. It stopped working then they put me on gemzar, and that putme into remission (2 3/4yrs). And this was the third time for me to haveb.c. I do take a daily pill, arimidex, its like Tamaxofin, blockshormones. And I will take this till it stops working, praying that godwill allow it to work a good 15,20, 30 yrs.Carol-----Original Message-----From: sharon_19462002 [mailto:no_reply ] Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 1:48 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: HiHi gal's, I was wondering if anyone on here has been on taxotere or is on taxotere and has it worked for them or is it working for them. I have had 5 treatments of it so far and on the 25th I am going to have a ct scan and bone scan to see if it is working for me so I was just curious about anyone else, but everyone is different, too, where it might work for one person and not the other. I also have one of the precious moment's figuirine's with the boxing gloves now I ordered that new one that was shown on here. Mine is going to cost me $45.00, but, I don't care I think it is worth it. Well, thank's gal's if anyone can give me any info. Take care, God Bless, Love, Sharon F.

Guest guest

Carol

-----Original Message-----From: KLIPKURL Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 10:45 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: RE: Hi

Carol why are you going to have to take Arimidex so long....I take it but will only have to take it 5 years....Carol wrote: Sharon f. I was on taxotere every 3 weeks for 6 months, also had weeklyherceptin. It stopped working then they put me on gemzar, and that putme into remission (2 3/4yrs). And this was the third time for me to haveb.c. I do take a daily pill, arimidex, its like Tamaxofin, blockshormones. And I will take this till it stops working, praying that godwill allow it to work a good 15,20, 30 yrs.Carol-----Original Message-----From: sharon_19462002 [mailto:no_reply ] Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 1:48 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: HiHi gal's, I was wondering if anyone on here has been on taxotere or is on taxotere and has it worked for them or is it working for them. I have had 5 treatments of it so far and on the 25th I am going to have a ct scan and bone scan to see if it is working for me so I was just curious about anyone else, but everyone is different, too, where it might work for one person and not the other. I also have one of the precious moment's figuirine's with the boxing gloves now I ordered that new one that was shown on here. Mine is going to cost me $45.00, but, I don't care I think it is worth it. Well, thank's gal's if anyone can give me any info. Take care, God Bless, Love, Sharon F.

Guest guest

but why will you have to take it from now on....I thought like the tomoxifin it was for 5 yrs...Carol wrote:

Carol

Carol why are you going to have to take Arimidex so long....I take it but will only have to take it 5 years....Carol wrote: Sharon f. I was on taxotere every 3 weeks for 6 months, also had weeklyherceptin. It stopped working then they put me on gemzar, and that putme into remission (2 3/4yrs). And this was the third time for me to haveb.c. I do take a daily pill, arimidex, its like Tamaxofin, blockshormones. And I will take this till it stops working, praying that godwill allow it to work a good 15,20, 30 yrs.Carol-----Original Message-----From: sharon_19462002 [mailto:no_reply ] Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 1:48 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: HiHi gal's, I was wondering if anyone on here has been on taxotere or is on taxotere and has it worked for them or is it working for them. I have had 5 treatments of it so far and on the 25th I am going to have a ct scan and

bone scan to see if it is working for me so I was just curious about anyone else, but everyone is different, too, where it might work for one person and not the other. I also have one of the precious moment's figuirine's with the boxing gloves now I ordered that new one that was shown on here. Mine is going to cost me $45.00, but, I don't care I think it is worth it. Well, thank's gal's if anyone can give me any info. Take care, God Bless, Love, Sharon F.

Guest guest

but why will you have to take it from now on....I thought like the tomoxifin it was for 5 yrs...Carol wrote:

Carol

Carol why are you going to have to take Arimidex so long....I take it but will only have to take it 5 years....Carol wrote: Sharon f. I was on taxotere every 3 weeks for 6 months, also had weeklyherceptin. It stopped working then they put me on gemzar, and that putme into remission (2 3/4yrs). And this was the third time for me to haveb.c. I do take a daily pill, arimidex, its like Tamaxofin, blockshormones. And I will take this till it stops working, praying that godwill allow it to work a good 15,20, 30 yrs.Carol-----Original Message-----From: sharon_19462002 [mailto:no_reply ] Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 1:48 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: HiHi gal's, I was wondering if anyone on here has been on taxotere or is on taxotere and has it worked for them or is it working for them. I have had 5 treatments of it so far and on the 25th I am going to have a ct scan and

bone scan to see if it is working for me so I was just curious about anyone else, but everyone is different, too, where it might work for one person and not the other. I also have one of the precious moment's figuirine's with the boxing gloves now I ordered that new one that was shown on here. Mine is going to cost me $45.00, but, I don't care I think it is worth it. Well, thank's gal's if anyone can give me any info. Take care, God Bless, Love, Sharon F.

Guest guest

I am really not sure.....all they tell me is as long as it is working I will have to take it

Carol

-----Original Message-----From: KLIPKURL Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2004 3:16 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: RE: Hi

Carol

Guest guest

I am really not sure.....all they tell me is as long as it is working I will have to take it

Carol

-----Original Message-----From: KLIPKURL Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2004 3:16 PMTo: breastcancer2 Subject: RE: Hi

Carol

Guest guest

Ok thanks for taking time to answer....Carol wrote:

Carol

Carol

Guest guest

Ok thanks for taking time to answer....Carol wrote:

Carol

Carol

Guest guest

I had a hysterectomy a year ago, they took everything. I understand

where you are coming from.

Carol

Hi

>I am really not sure.....all they tell me is as long as it is working I

>will have to take it

>

Carol, you may want to keep your ears to the ground about more testing

of

the arimedex's long term effect.

When your providers are telling you " as long as it is working " , it

refers to

your cancer.

But the long term effect could be involving ailments at other organs,

tamoxifen's potential side effect with ovarian cancer. In another word,

the

it is " working " for the patient's breast cancer but she could be having

ovarian cancer.

Bibi

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now!

http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

Guest guest

i am doing fine thanks for asking. i hope that you are feeling well

yourself.

i am looking forward til the 27th when the kids go back to school. then

i will have some mum needed mommy time

i hope you are well and thanks for thinking of me.

jaime lch 10-05

>

> How are you doing? I hope everything is going Well! Irene PF 03/07

> Canada

>

Guest guest

yourself.

jaime lch 10-05

>

> Canada

>

Guest guest

yourself.

jaime lch 10-05

>

> Canada

>

Guest guest

Hi Jane, We are fine. We had Senior Thanksgiving at Church today.

Cooked by the men and served by teenagers.

Really good. I am glad you had pancakes, I love them too.

Poor little , I do hope she will be feeling better soon.

Have a Blessed Sunday.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

ipf 6/04 Florida

" Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up. "

Hi Peggy,

Eddie, , and I are up here in Dalton, Georgia just laughing and

laughing and laughing! These posts today are sooooo funny! We never

have had name changes. When Sandie came back today and posted. I

laughed even harder.

Bruce, we are laughing with you. I would never have thought of

changing my id. It is nice to have these funny moments. Besides, I

wonder what your dx is?

I went to IHOP today and had pumpkin pancakes. After reading the

story about making pancakes, I thought I would go and eat some at IHOP.

These posts are so influential on our lives. Today I am eating

pancakes because of what I read.

Seriously, I went with to the doctor yesterday. She has been

having a problem that we did not know or could even figure what it

was. The doctor said that she is depressed. I don't know how long

it has been going on but I think for several years. has really

had a rough time. She hasn't wanted to do anything. I want to get

her back to painting, drawing, etc. No wonder she cannot get a job.

Today had her haircut and highlighted and she came back so

happy. Y'all probably noticed something about when we were in

Chattanooga. Leanne, Beth, Joyce, and you have all asked since

then about her prospects for a job. The doctor adjusted some of her

medicine. Maybe in a week we will all notice a difference.

knew something was wrong but she did not know what it was. She has

been so aggravated with Eddie and me. I am glad I encouraged her to

be with new friends ( and she has, up to 3 times a week) but she

would really like to have a boyfriend. I hope one comes along soon

for her.

I have been wanting to post this message but I had to wait until

Eddie and went to the grocery store.

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

Guest guest

Have a Blessed Sunday.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

ipf 6/04 Florida

" Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up. "

Hi Peggy,

laughed even harder.

wonder what your dx is?

for her.

Guest guest

Have a Blessed Sunday.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

ipf 6/04 Florida

" Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up. "

Hi Peggy,

laughed even harder.

wonder what your dx is?

for her.

Guest guest

i have done a terrible job of being a part of this group, and many

others, since i joined and i need to apologize for this! i am sorry

that i did an intro and haven't said anymore! i have been busy with

my 6 yr old being out of school for the summer and trying to care for

all of my critters and dealing with the ms. i wanted to let everyone

know that i have started posting weekly, and sometimes more, blogs on

my myspace page and thought i would extend the invitation to anyone

who wanted to join my page and read up on my life happenings there.

it is not just for my ms but for my family, friends and anyone else

who wants to stay in contact with me. i have found this a much easier

way to let people know what is going on with me since i have 4

siblings and all together 6 kids! i will still be reading the group

emails and do not want anyone to think i am leaving my groups because

you all have been a wealth of info for me!! i have just been a sponge

soaking up everything lately with all the info that is being posted

and this has been a big help for me and my husband! i am realizing i

need to do some morer research on some of the treatments that my dr

never mentioned to me and i never would have found out any of the

info i now know if it had not been for the wonderful yahoo groups

forums!! i will try to do better at being more involved in my groups