RemedySpot.com

Re: Just to gripe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We all know that supplements can help us but these people always remind me of the old carnies or snake oil sellers. If there was a "cure" don't you think all of us would have known and tried it by know. Do these caring friends think we still have just because we want to? Working seeing pts went ok while I was seeing them but by the time I got home Sat my legs felt like two tons of concrete and last night I had tremors real bad for about thirty minutes after I got home. I told my boss I wouldn't be able to return to the field but they are doing away with my job so I guess it's a wait and see kind of thing. ' in Texasmindythores wrote: I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to

convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she knows with MS. Ok, so maybe not a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr........I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS. And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy

Mindy,

I am cofounder of the Yahoo Breast Cancer Group. I never used to have it so I had to approve new memeber. My thinking was if someone was desperate and looking for help, should I be sleeping or grocery shopping they would have to wait till I was available to approve them. But that has changed. I now approve each member and moderate them for a few times to be sure they are there as a patient/survivor or a caregiver/husband/family member etc.

You wouldn't believe the people that try to join pushing their so called miracle cures. To make matters worse we have been getting people advertising dating sites, sex sites and you name it they will try.

If I want to try anything I don't want it pushed down my throat. I don't blame you for being upset.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlBreastCancerStories.comhttp://www.breastcancerstories.com/content/view/433/161/Angel Feather Loomerwww.angelfeatherloomer.blogspot.comCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlLots of info and gifts at:www.cancerclub.com

Just to gripe

I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she knows with MS. Ok, so maybe not a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr........I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS. And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.8/455 - Release Date: 9/22/2006

I have a friend who harps at me constantly about bee venom treatments. LOL And I was recently told about some stuff called Ambertose, or something like that. It's some version of mangosteen I think. It, of course, cures everything. Now the latest cure I've heard of is the Ionic Detoxifier. You put your feet into water that has some mineral powder or something in it. Anyway, after a 20 minute treatment the toxins are pulled right out of your body, so the story goes. A friend of mine is buying her own Ionic Detoxifier because she is really sold on it after having a series of treatments. She says her joints don't hurt any longer and other things are getting better too. This machine costs $1400 or so. Not a little purchase

for this friend of mine so she must really believe in it. So they are doing away with your job? What are you planning to do?Sharon Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.. Re: Just to gripe We all know that supplements can help us but these people always remind me of the old carnies or snake oil sellers. If there was a "cure" don't you think all of us would have known and tried it by know. Do these caring friends think we still have just because we want to? Working seeing pts went ok while I was seeing them but by the time I got home Sat my legs felt like two tons of concrete and last night I had tremors real bad for about thirty minutes after I got home. I told my boss I wouldn't be able to return to the field but they are doing away with my job so I guess

it's a wait and see kind of thing. ' in Texasmindythores <mindythornyahoo (DOT) com> wrote: I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth

four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she knows with MS. Ok, so maybe not a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr.... ....I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS. And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin

salesman!Mindy

I have to go back to doing home visits or find another job. I worked as an auditor for the company so that was a sit down job.I'm just going to have to try it and see what happens. 'Sharon Marsden wrote: I have a friend who harps at me constantly about bee venom treatments. LOL And I was recently told about some stuff called

Ambertose, or something like that. It's some version of mangosteen I think. It, of course, cures everything. Now the latest cure I've heard of is the Ionic Detoxifier. You put your feet into water that has some mineral powder or something in it. Anyway, after a 20 minute treatment the toxins are pulled right out of your body, so the story goes. A friend of mine is buying her own Ionic Detoxifier because she is really sold on it after having a series of treatments. She says her joints don't hurt any longer and other things are getting better too. This machine costs $1400 or so. Not a little purchase for this friend of mine so she must really believe in it. So they are doing away with your job? What are you planning to do?Sharon Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.. Re: Just to gripe We all know that supplements can help us but these people always remind me of the old carnies or snake oil sellers. If there was a "cure" don't you think all of us would have known and tried it by know. Do these caring friends

think we still have just because we want to? Working seeing pts went ok while I was seeing them but by the time I got home Sat my legs felt like two tons of concrete and last night I had tremors real bad for about thirty minutes after I got home. I told my boss I wouldn't be able to return to the field but they are doing away with my job so I guess it's a wait and see kind of thing. ' in Texasmindythores <mindythornyahoo (DOT) com> wrote: I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my

family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she knows with MS. Ok, so maybe not a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to

get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr.... ....I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS. And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy

• 2 weeks later...

{{{{{{{{'}}}}}}}} Challis Trimm wrote: We all know that supplements can help us but these people always remind me of the old carnies or snake oil sellers. If there was a "cure" don't you think all of us would have known and tried it by know. Do these caring friends think we still have just because we want to? Working seeing pts went ok while I was seeing them but by the time I got home Sat my legs felt like

two tons of concrete and last night I had tremors real bad for about thirty minutes after I got home. I told my boss I wouldn't be able to return to the field but they are doing away with my job so I guess it's a wait and see kind of thing. ' in Texasmindythores <mindythorn> wrote: I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is

selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she knows with MS. Ok, so maybe not a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr........I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS.

And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy

Get your email and more, right on the new Yahoo.com

{{{{{{{{'}}}}}}}} Challis Trimm wrote: We all know that supplements can help us but these people always remind me of the old carnies or snake oil sellers. If there was a "cure" don't you think all of us would have known and tried it by know. Do these caring friends think we still have just because we want to? Working seeing pts went ok while I was seeing them but by the time I got home Sat my legs felt like

two tons of concrete and last night I had tremors real bad for about thirty minutes after I got home. I told my boss I wouldn't be able to return to the field but they are doing away with my job so I guess it's a wait and see kind of thing. ' in Texasmindythores <mindythorn> wrote: I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is

selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she knows with MS. Ok, so maybe not a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr........I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS.

And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy

Get your email and more, right on the new Yahoo.com

Oh my goodness, it's amazing the people we come across, isn't it? LOL I can just imagine what you have to filter on that list! I moderate a Homeschool list for Special Needs families. Eventually I had to set it to moderate all new members, until I could be really, REALLY sure they were okay. Some could slip by with those first few posts and I don't unmoderate too quickly anymore. LOL I'd gone back and forth over that rule, until a couple posts came in for, well, Personal Parts related emails and "offers". Good grief! On a HS list? LOLOL Of course there are the occassional "cures" through potions offered, though not too many anymore. There are lots of "my program will save your life/cure all ills" posts, though. And off they go. LOL Challis & nne Svihlik wrote: Mindy, I am cofounder of the Yahoo Breast Cancer Group. I never used to have it so I had to approve new memeber. My thinking was if someone was desperate and looking for help, should I be sleeping or grocery shopping they would have to wait till I was available to approve them. But that has changed. I now approve each member and moderate them for a few times to be sure they are there as a patient/survivor or a caregiver/husband/family member etc. You wouldn't believe the people that try to join pushing their so called miracle cures. To make matters worse we have been getting people advertising dating sites, sex sites and you name it they will try. If I want to try anything I don't want it pushed down my throat. I don't blame you for being upset. Hugs nne Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlBreastCancerStories.comhttp://www.breastcancerstories.com/content/view/433/161/Angel Feather Loomerwww.angelfeatherloomer.blogspot.comCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlLots of info and gifts at:www.cancerclub.com Just to gripe I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how

it has cured about a zillion people she knows with MS. Ok, so maybe not a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr........I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS. And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.8/455 - Release Date:

9/22/2006 __________________________________________________

Hi!

We we actually had a few ladies that we thought in the beginning were for real. The posts were what would be expected etc. Then things didn't start to make sense. Then I got suspicious. But we did have her name, address and phone number, so why wouldn't she be telling the truth?? We even talked to her on her cell phone etc. But still you get that feeling. She finally tripped herself up by saying that she had gamma knife surgery and it was transported to her hospital just for her!! Well WRONG!!! That thing is huge and not able to be moved from place to place. So one lady had a friend that was a private investigator so we gave him the info. Turns out she was college student, NO cancer.

She had at one time said she worked for the Salvation Army in ---------. So I looked it up and wrote them. She was telling the truth about that BUT they had had the same problem with her and she was supposed to be in therapy and the SA paying for it.

What is wrong with people? Why would anyone want to pretend they had a serious illness if they didn't? Last I heard she was still at it. IF she rejoined our group under a differnent name, she is keeping a low profile.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlBreastCancerStories.comhttp://www.breastcancerstories.com/content/view/433/161/Angel Feather Loomerwww.angelfeatherloomer.blogspot.comCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlLots of info and gifts at:www.cancerclub.com

Just to gripe

I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she knows with MS. Ok, so maybe not a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr........I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS. And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.8/455 - Release Date: 9/22/2006

Doesn't she call it a "scum sucker"? LOL I think we should make sure our Cruise Ship has at least one of these, if not more. Then we can all gather to have our MS Scum Sucked on the Poop Deck! Sounds fun! LOLOL Challis Sharon Marsden wrote: I have a friend who harps at me constantly about bee venom

treatments. LOL And I was recently told about some stuff called Ambertose, or something like that. It's some version of mangosteen I think. It, of course, cures everything. Now the latest cure I've heard of is the Ionic Detoxifier. You put your feet into water that has some mineral powder or something in it. Anyway, after a 20 minute treatment the toxins are pulled right out of your body, so the story goes. A friend of mine is buying her own Ionic Detoxifier because she is really sold on it after having a series of treatments. She says her joints don't hurt any longer and other things are getting better too. This machine costs $1400 or so. Not a little purchase for this friend of mine so she must really believe in it. So they are doing away with your job? What are you planning to do?Sharon Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.. Re: Just to gripe We all know that supplements can help us but these people always remind me of the old carnies or snake oil sellers. If there was a "cure" don't you think all of

us would have known and tried it by know. Do these caring friends think we still have just because we want to? Working seeing pts went ok while I was seeing them but by the time I got home Sat my legs felt like two tons of concrete and last night I had tremors real bad for about thirty minutes after I got home. I told my boss I wouldn't be able to return to the field but they are doing away with my job so I guess it's a wait and see kind of thing. ' in Texasmindythores <mindythornyahoo (DOT) com> wrote: I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I

have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she knows with MS. Ok, so maybe not a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in

passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr.... ....I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS. And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it out.

Some people lie so much they themselves don't even know the truth..and that is sad. I think I know to whom you refer.

I have a friend who was actually disappointed when she "wanted" the neuro to tell her she has MS and he didn't. She wanted it because I have it. Kinda sick, eh?

Peace and Blessings

~*~ Akiba ~*~

Pragmatic Visionary

& Eternal Optimist!

http://yodamamma.blogspot.com/

http://www.solay-twinflames.com

-- Re: Just to gripe

Hi!

We we actually had a few ladies that we thought in the beginning were for real. The posts were what would be expected etc. Then things didn't start to make sense. Then I got suspicious. But we did have her name, address and phone number, so why wouldn't she be telling the truth?? We even talked to her on her cell phone etc. But still you get that feeling. She finally tripped herself up by saying that she had gamma knife surgery and it was transported to her hospital just for her!! Well WRONG!!! That thing is huge and not able to be moved from place to place. So one lady had a friend that was a private investigator so we gave him the info. Turns out she was college student, NO cancer.

She had at one time said she worked for the Salvation Army in ---------. So I looked it up and wrote them. She was telling the truth about that BUT they had had the same problem with her and she was supposed to be in therapy and the SA paying for it.

What is wrong with people? Why would anyone want to pretend they had a serious illness if they didn't? Last I heard she was still at it. IF she rejoined our group under a differnent name, she is keeping a low profile.

Hugs

nne

Just to gripe

Some people lie so much they themselves don't even know the truth..and that is sad. I think I know to whom you refer.

I have a friend who was actually disappointed when she "wanted" the neuro to tell her she has MS and he didn't. She wanted it because I have it. Kinda sick, eh?

Peace and Blessings

~*~ Akiba ~*~

Pragmatic Visionary

& Eternal Optimist!

Hi!

Hugs

nne

Just to gripe

I just can't understand people that have such a huge need for attention. Disgusting. Trista

Just to gripe

I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she ! knows with MS. Ok, so maybe not a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr........I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS. And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy

It is disguisting. Why a woman would want to pretend they have breast cancer is way beyond me. Actually any serious illness. Wierdos!!

hugs

nne

Just to gripe

I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she ! knows with MS. Ok, so maybe not a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr........I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS. And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy

Some of them are actually mentally ill, and can be helped. Some are just wierd.

Peace and Blessings

~*~ Akiba ~*~

Pragmatic Visionary

& Eternal Optimist!

I just can't understand people that have such a huge need for attention. Disgusting. Trista

Just to gripe

Yes one of the ladies that was a fake we found out later had a form of Munchausen(sp) disease. Sad, but that fake that are not mentally ill I would like to hit over the head!.

Hugs

nne

Just to gripe

I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she ! knows with MS. Ok, so maybeot a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr........I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS. And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy

wow.that is awful.and very sick.guess she is very sick.

[akiba@...] wrote:

Some of them are actually mentally ill, and can be helped. Some are just

wierd.

Peace and Blessings

~*~ Akiba ~*~

Pragmatic Visionary

& Eternal Optimist!

I just can't understand people that have such a huge need for attention.

Disgusting. Trista

Re: Just to gripe

Oh my goodness,....

I agree with Akiba, there are some that are mentally ill, and I've dealt with those before. But, like she said some are just plain weird and NEED attention. Take care, Trista

Just to gripe

How did you find out?Sharon Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.. Just to gripe

I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she ! knows with MS. Ok, so maybeot a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr.... ....I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS. And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

It was the lady that worked for the Salvation Army. When I talked to her superior over there they she told me that was what the finding was. With my chemo brain I cannot remember the exact name. If I ever think of it I will post it.

hugs

nne

Just to gripe

I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some marketing company is selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she ! knows with MS. Ok, so maybeot a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr.... ....I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they have the cure for MS. And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy

There was a short piece on the news today about Chemo Brain. They said it doesn't happen to everyone and it can take up to 10 years to go away. I'm sure you know that but I thought it was interesting to see something on the news about it. I think they had some new "cure" for it, but I can't remember for sure (MS Brain...:)Sharon Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.. Just to gripe

I heard about it.Let me be the first to say chemo brain can and does last more than 10 yrs. Its 16 yrs since my chemo and I am not getting any better. I was 44 when I went through chemo so way to young to blame it on getting older. I will be 61 this month so I suppose I could blame some of it on that. I know I drive Chuck and the kids nuts with repeating sometimes. Its so embarassing when you go somewhere and stop in the middle of sentence and can't remember what you were talking about or to try and remember a simple word. BUT it beats the alternative of not being here!

Hugs

nne

Just to gripe

Praise God you are here nne! Chemo/Ms brain is WA-AAY better than many things!!!!um....what was i just saying???

very bummed today! was supposed to go down to Philly with the family to visit my oldest dtr., Kara at college for Fall family wk-end...but me and 2 youngins have....head lice!!!!!!!!!!!! my sister doesn't want us crashing at her house with lice (don't blame her!) hotels are all booked up...i am so disappointed...we were going to meet our dtr's college 'boyfriend'--a sophmore! She was so cute on the phone the other day--telling me how wonderful he is, how great he makes her feel...etc., etc., and the best news-to my ears--they are on the "same page" as far as sex--they want to wait! Praise the Lord! i guess in all life's circumstances, there is always good with the bad....

hugs, kate Just to gripe> > > I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I > just have to gripe and I > figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. > > I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my > direct sales business. > Of course, I come across many other reps from > many other companies. > Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me > with a cane and some have > seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. > But what makes me > sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am > doing an event that some > marketing company is selling a "cure" for > everything, these same people > are the first to tell them I have MS and for > the remainder of the show, > I am bombarded with product information. > Yesterday, the "Relive" rep > was over at my booth four times giving me > information and trying to > convince me their shakes have cured others > with MS. Uhuh, sure.> Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is > jumping on me about fruit > from the mangosteen and how it has cured about > a zillion people she ! > knows with MS. Ok, so maybeot a zillion...but > you know what I mean. > > Then to make matters worse, I just got off the > phone with another rep > with Forever something (aloe based) and she > was given my name by a > friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this > person in passing and I > just know she spit out my name in an attempt > to get the woman off her > phone. Grrrrrrr.... ....> > I'm all for supplements but I hate how some > reps they think they have > the cure for MS. And what makes it so much > more hilarious is that most > of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.> > Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for > the soul. I would so not > make a good vitamin salesman!> > Mindy > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: > 268.12.8/455 - Release Date: 9/22/2006> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ > _________ __>

Kate,

Sorry to hear you have to miss the trip. Our g-daughter next door got lice when she visited her Dad in Las Vegas. If I remember right, I think the kids used olive oil and then a plastic wrap on the head for ??? long. Be sure to wash all the bedding every day. You are all in my prayers.

Hugs

nne

Just to gripe> > > I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I > just have to gripe and I > figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. > > I do a lot o fairs, buiness expo's etc in my > direct sales business. > Of course, I come across many other reps from > many other companies. > Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me > with a cane and some have > seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. > But what makes me > sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am > doing an event that some > marketing company is selling a "cure" for > everything, these same people > are the first to tell them I have MS and for > the remainder of the show, > I am bombarded with product information. > Yesterday, the "Relive" rep > was over at my booth four times giving me > information and trying to > convince me their shakes have cured others > with MS. Uhuh, sure.> Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is > jumping on me about fruit > from the mangosteen and how it has cured about > a zillion people she ! & t; knows wih MS. Ok, so maybeot a zillion...but > you know what I mean. > > Then to make matters worse, I just got off the > phone with another rep > with Forever something (aloe based) and she > was given my name by a > friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this > person in passing and I > just know she spit out my name in an attempt > to get the woman off her > phone. Grrrrrrr.... ....> > I'm all for supplements but I hate how some > reps they think they have > the cure for MS. And what makes it so much > more hilarious is that most > of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.> > Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for > the soul. I would so not > make a good vitamin salesman!> > Mindy > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: > 268.128/455 - Release Date: 9/22/2006> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ > _________ __>

Oh yes, those sorts pop up every now and again on many of these lists, don't they? A Munchausens sort of thing going on? It's sad, for what it says of their lives and for what it takes from those who truly have these dx's. Hugs, Challis & nne Svihlik wrote: Hi! We we actually had a few ladies that we thought in the beginning were for real.

The posts were what would be expected etc. Then things didn't start to make sense. Then I got suspicious. But we did have her name, address and phone number, so why wouldn't she be telling the truth?? We even talked to her on her cell phone etc. But still you get that feeling. She finally tripped herself up by saying that she had gamma knife surgery and it was transported to her hospital just for her!! Well WRONG!!! That thing is huge and not able to be moved from place to place. So one lady had a friend that was a private investigator so we gave him the info. Turns out she was college student, NO cancer. She had at one time said she worked for the Salvation Army in ---------. So I looked it up and wrote them. She was telling the truth about that BUT they had had the same problem with her and she was supposed to be in therapy and the SA paying for it. What is wrong with people? Why would anyone want to pretend they had a serious illness if they didn't? Last I heard she was still at it. IF she rejoined our group under a differnent name, she is keeping a low profile. Hugs nne Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlBreastCancerStories.comhttp://www.breastcancerstories.com/content/view/433/161/Angel Feather Loomerwww.angelfeatherloomer.blogspot.comCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlLots of info and gifts at:www.cancerclub.com Just to gripe I don't mean this post to insult anyone. I just have to gripe and I figure fellow 'ms'ers will understand. I do a lot of fairs, business expo's etc in my direct sales business. Of course, I come across many other reps from many other companies. Many know that I have MS. Some have seen me with a cane and some have seen my family helping me walk up steps, etc. But what makes me sooooooooooo grumpy is that whenever I am doing an event that some

marketing company is selling a "cure" for everything, these same people are the first to tell them I have MS and for the remainder of the show, I am bombarded with product information. Yesterday, the "Relive" rep was over at my booth four times giving me information and trying to convince me their shakes have cured others with MS. Uhuh, sure.Then just as I'm leaving the "Zango" rep is jumping on me about fruit from the mangosteen and how it has cured about a zillion people she knows with MS. Ok, so maybe not a zillion...but you know what I mean. Then to make matters worse, I just got off the phone with another rep with Forever something (aloe based) and she was given my name by a friend of mine. Give me a break. I know this person in passing and I just know she spit out my name in an attempt to get the woman off her phone. Grrrrrrr........I'm all for supplements but I hate how some reps they think they

have the cure for MS. And what makes it so much more hilarious is that most of them don't have a clue what MS really entails.Ok...I feel better now. Venting is good for the soul. I would so not make a good vitamin salesman!Mindy No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.8/455 - Release Date: 9/22/2006 __________________________________________________

I know when I heard it I was thinking "that's not right!". I remembered what you said about it. I like what you said about chemo brain beating the alternative. Good attitude! SharonRight now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.. Just to gripe