RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Annette,

Welcome. I just had to comment becaue like you my

" friends " and I parted ways after my fibro dx.

Thankfully, hubby is still here, but he married me

knowing I had health issues so he can't say he wasn't

warned. Plus, his family has chronic illnesses so he

is very understanding. I'm sure that if I were to ask

my former friends what happened they'd say I drifted

away because I kept changing plans etc. I'm begining

to learn that they weren't really friends if they

couldn't stand by me.

Finding good docs is always a challenge. I'm still

looking.

--- Annette Pratt wrote:

> Hi everyone,

>

> My name is Annette and I have suffered from fibro

> since 1999. Looking back, I think I had it much

> longer, because, for years, I would come home from

> work with my shoulders and back hurting so much that

> all I could do is lie on a heating pad and cry.

>

> In 1999, I had sinus surgery. It didn't go well. I

> ended up hemorrhaging and almost died. After that

> my immune system went crazy. I developed Type II

> Diabetes, Ostepenia, CFS, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis,

> and Fibromyalgia. I saw doctor after doctor and was

> tested for everything from MS to Rheumatoid

> Arthritis to diseases I had never even heard of. I

> was MRI'd, X-rayed, CAT-scanned so much that I asked

> my boyfriend if I glowed in the dark.

>

> I lived in Florida at this time. I had a great job

> and they tried to work with me, but I just couldn't

> do it. My doctors have told me I will never work

> again, but I still have hope. My boyfriend had

> proposed to me, but after a year of living with the

> fibro, he took off. We were a very active couple

> before I got sick. Hiking, kayaking, snorkeling,

> etc. After the fibro, going to see a movie wore me

> out.

>

> My friends slowly drifted away, too. I had to

> cancel too many plans; finally they just stopped

> calling.

>

> Without emotional or financial support, I had to

> move back in with my parents on a farm in Missouri.

> That was quite an adjustment! I'm still adjusting

> actually. Everything is so far away. It takes at

> least an hour to get to St. Louis so it's really

> hard to go to doctors there. In Florida, I didn't

> have any problems finding good doctors who

> understood fibro. In Missouri, most of them think

> it is all in your head. I still haven't found a

> decent rheumatologist, but I have found a " country

> doctor " who is working with me.

>

> The main reason I want to join this group is for

> support. I haven't been able to make friends and it

> would be nice to be around people who understand

> this disease and what it does to you.

>

> I hope this helps. If you have any questions, I

> would be happy to answer them.

>

> Annette

28 yrs old, married, 3 yr old son

JRA dx'ed at age 7 (1984)

FMS dx'ed in 2001

OA, Osteoporosis, Scoliosis, occasional depression from chronic illness, etc.

All the fun stuff that goes with chronic illness!

Contact me:

Yahoo Messenger: wport77

AIM: Wayneypooh286

MSN Messenger: troubleinmb

My Website: http://wayneyscorner.0catch.com

Guest guest

Annette,

Welcome. I just had to comment becaue like you my

" friends " and I parted ways after my fibro dx.

Thankfully, hubby is still here, but he married me

knowing I had health issues so he can't say he wasn't

warned. Plus, his family has chronic illnesses so he

is very understanding. I'm sure that if I were to ask

my former friends what happened they'd say I drifted

away because I kept changing plans etc. I'm begining

to learn that they weren't really friends if they

couldn't stand by me.

Finding good docs is always a challenge. I'm still

looking.

--- Annette Pratt wrote:

> Hi everyone,

>

> My name is Annette and I have suffered from fibro

> since 1999. Looking back, I think I had it much

> longer, because, for years, I would come home from

> work with my shoulders and back hurting so much that

> all I could do is lie on a heating pad and cry.

>

> In 1999, I had sinus surgery. It didn't go well. I

> ended up hemorrhaging and almost died. After that

> my immune system went crazy. I developed Type II

> Diabetes, Ostepenia, CFS, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis,

> and Fibromyalgia. I saw doctor after doctor and was

> tested for everything from MS to Rheumatoid

> Arthritis to diseases I had never even heard of. I

> was MRI'd, X-rayed, CAT-scanned so much that I asked

> my boyfriend if I glowed in the dark.

>

> I lived in Florida at this time. I had a great job

> and they tried to work with me, but I just couldn't

> do it. My doctors have told me I will never work

> again, but I still have hope. My boyfriend had

> proposed to me, but after a year of living with the

> fibro, he took off. We were a very active couple

> before I got sick. Hiking, kayaking, snorkeling,

> etc. After the fibro, going to see a movie wore me

> out.

>

> My friends slowly drifted away, too. I had to

> cancel too many plans; finally they just stopped

> calling.

>

> Without emotional or financial support, I had to

> move back in with my parents on a farm in Missouri.

> That was quite an adjustment! I'm still adjusting

> actually. Everything is so far away. It takes at

> least an hour to get to St. Louis so it's really

> hard to go to doctors there. In Florida, I didn't

> have any problems finding good doctors who

> understood fibro. In Missouri, most of them think

> it is all in your head. I still haven't found a

> decent rheumatologist, but I have found a " country

> doctor " who is working with me.

>

> The main reason I want to join this group is for

> support. I haven't been able to make friends and it

> would be nice to be around people who understand

> this disease and what it does to you.

>

> I hope this helps. If you have any questions, I

> would be happy to answer them.

>

> Annette

28 yrs old, married, 3 yr old son

JRA dx'ed at age 7 (1984)

FMS dx'ed in 2001

OA, Osteoporosis, Scoliosis, occasional depression from chronic illness, etc.

All the fun stuff that goes with chronic illness!

Contact me:

Yahoo Messenger: wport77

AIM: Wayneypooh286

MSN Messenger: troubleinmb

My Website: http://wayneyscorner.0catch.com

Guest guest

Thanks for the welcome! I'm really enjoying all the posts!

Re: New Member

Annette,Welcome. I just had to comment becaue like you my"friends" and I parted ways after my fibro dx. Thankfully, hubby is still here, but he married meknowing I had health issues so he can't say he wasn'twarned. Plus, his family has chronic illnesses so heis very understanding. I'm sure that if I were to askmy former friends what happened they'd say I driftedaway because I kept changing plans etc. I'm beginingto learn that they weren't really friends if theycouldn't stand by me. Finding good docs is always a challenge. I'm still looking. --- Annette Pratt wrote:> Hi everyone,> > My name is Annette and I have suffered from fibro> since 1999. Looking back, I think I had it much> longer, because, for years, I would come home from> work with my shoulders and back hurting so much that> all I could do is lie on a heating pad and cry.> > In 1999, I had sinus surgery. It didn't go well. I> ended up hemorrhaging and almost died. After that> my immune system went crazy. I developed Type II> Diabetes, Ostepenia, CFS, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis,> and Fibromyalgia. I saw doctor after doctor and was> tested for everything from MS to Rheumatoid> Arthritis to diseases I had never even heard of. I> was MRI'd, X-rayed, CAT-scanned so much that I asked> my boyfriend if I glowed in the dark.> > I lived in Florida at this time. I had a great job> and they tried to work with me, but I just couldn't> do it. My doctors have told me I will never work> again, but I still have hope. My boyfriend had> proposed to me, but after a year of living with the> fibro, he took off. We were a very active couple> before I got sick. Hiking, kayaking, snorkeling,> etc. After the fibro, going to see a movie wore me> out.> > My friends slowly drifted away, too. I had to> cancel too many plans; finally they just stopped> calling.> > Without emotional or financial support, I had to> move back in with my parents on a farm in Missouri. > That was quite an adjustment! I'm still adjusting> actually. Everything is so far away. It takes at> least an hour to get to St. Louis so it's really> hard to go to doctors there. In Florida, I didn't> have any problems finding good doctors who> understood fibro. In Missouri, most of them think> it is all in your head. I still haven't found a> decent rheumatologist, but I have found a "country> doctor" who is working with me.> > The main reason I want to join this group is for> support. I haven't been able to make friends and it> would be nice to be around people who understand> this disease and what it does to you.> > I hope this helps. If you have any questions, I> would be happy to answer them.> > Annette28 yrs old, married, 3 yr old sonJRA dx'ed at age 7 (1984)FMS dx'ed in 2001OA, Osteoporosis, Scoliosis, occasional depression from chronic illness, etc. All the fun stuff that goes with chronic illness!Contact me:Yahoo Messenger: wport77AIM: Wayneypooh286MSN Messenger: troubleinmbICQ: 22579907My Website: http://wayneyscorner.0catch.com__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Thanks for the welcome! I'm really enjoying all the posts!

Annette,Welcome. I just had to comment becaue like you my"friends" and I parted ways after my fibro dx. Thankfully, hubby is still here, but he married meknowing I had health issues so he can't say he wasn'twarned. Plus, his family has chronic illnesses so heis very understanding. I'm sure that if I were to askmy former friends what happened they'd say I driftedaway because I kept changing plans etc. I'm beginingto learn that they weren't really friends if theycouldn't stand by me. Finding good docs is always a challenge. I'm still looking. --- Annette Pratt wrote:> Hi everyone,> > My name is Annette and I have suffered from fibro> since 1999. Looking back, I think I had it much> longer, because, for years, I would come home from> work with my shoulders and back hurting so much that> all I could do is lie on a heating pad and cry.> > In 1999, I had sinus surgery. It didn't go well. I> ended up hemorrhaging and almost died. After that> my immune system went crazy. I developed Type II> Diabetes, Ostepenia, CFS, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis,> and Fibromyalgia. I saw doctor after doctor and was> tested for everything from MS to Rheumatoid> Arthritis to diseases I had never even heard of. I> was MRI'd, X-rayed, CAT-scanned so much that I asked> my boyfriend if I glowed in the dark.> > I lived in Florida at this time. I had a great job> and they tried to work with me, but I just couldn't> do it. My doctors have told me I will never work> again, but I still have hope. My boyfriend had> proposed to me, but after a year of living with the> fibro, he took off. We were a very active couple> before I got sick. Hiking, kayaking, snorkeling,> etc. After the fibro, going to see a movie wore me> out.> > My friends slowly drifted away, too. I had to> cancel too many plans; finally they just stopped> calling.> > Without emotional or financial support, I had to> move back in with my parents on a farm in Missouri. > That was quite an adjustment! I'm still adjusting> actually. Everything is so far away. It takes at> least an hour to get to St. Louis so it's really> hard to go to doctors there. In Florida, I didn't> have any problems finding good doctors who> understood fibro. In Missouri, most of them think> it is all in your head. I still haven't found a> decent rheumatologist, but I have found a "country> doctor" who is working with me.> > The main reason I want to join this group is for> support. I haven't been able to make friends and it> would be nice to be around people who understand> this disease and what it does to you.> > I hope this helps. If you have any questions, I> would be happy to answer them.> > Annette28 yrs old, married, 3 yr old sonJRA dx'ed at age 7 (1984)FMS dx'ed in 2001OA, Osteoporosis, Scoliosis, occasional depression from chronic illness, etc. All the fun stuff that goes with chronic illness!Contact me:Yahoo Messenger: wport77AIM: Wayneypooh286MSN Messenger: troubleinmbICQ: 22579907My Website: http://wayneyscorner.0catch.com__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi Annette! Welcome to the group- wonderful to have you here! I think it is just awesome when yet another person suffering with fibro finds these support groups. I know they make a huge difference to me. I don't feel so alienated when I talk with other women in my situation.

I was diagnosed in 2001, but I believe I've had it for at least 5 years prior, albeit not as bad. I lost my dream job over this monster. I was working for a Catholic Chapel and was just happy as a clam when I started getting sicker and sicker and calling in sick more and more. Finally I had to resign because they are a non profit organization and they really needed someone there to do the work. I felt and still feel just awful for having to give up that awesome job. It paid great and had great benefits, but even better the people were just perfect to work with. Oh well. There must be some reason why we have all been chosen to go through this, right?

I myself have lost all but one friend, and even she doesn't see me more than maybe once or twice a year. She has a 5 y/o son that keeps her really busy too. But just about every time we make plans to do anything, I end up having to cancel because of the pain, etc. At least my one friend understands and doesn't hold it against me. But then there are the times when you try to explain your situation to them and they just cannot really understand. They can sympathize with you, but they really cannot empathize. I hear so many times, "Why can't you just PUSH yourself". Ugh. They don't realize that by just getting up and around I am pushing myself. I'm sure you can relate.

I'm very sorry to hear that your fiancé took off on you after seeing what you go through. You are better off without him though if he couldn't support you in the way that you deserve. I am married and for the most part my husband is good about helping me. He is the one who works since I cannot and he now does all the grocery shopping and laundry. It really bothers me that I am only 27 and can't work because there are women out here who are in their 50's who still work. I guess we all have different levels of tolerance though. I pushed myself so hard during the last few months that I was working that I was vomiting all the time. I ended up with two ulcers from it too. Even when I was pushing myself the hardest, I was still falling behind. I would work 10-12 hours a day, and working for the church I never got paid ANY overtime. I just couldn't stand the fact that I was falling behind when I was always the one who was the strongest employee who everyone came to for help. What a blow to my ego. This illness is sure humbling, huh?

I really hope you find the support you need here. I haven't been here for very long, but already I look forward to reading the posts and replying. It helps me get a lot of my emotions out that are usually bottled up. At least here people listen when you say how much pain you're in when in my real life everyone seems to be just plain old sick and tired of hearing it so I just don't say anything unless they ask. Here you can vent. Here you don't feel like you are all alone in the world. It's a great group with some great people in it. We all help each other, and that is what counts. Hope to see you around!

~*Kerrie*~

Hi everyone,

My name is Annette and I have suffered from fibro since 1999. Looking back, I think I had it much longer, because, for years, I would come home from work with my shoulders and back hurting so much that all I could do is lie on a heating pad and cry.

In 1999, I had sinus surgery. It didn't go well. I ended up hemorrhaging and almost died. After that my immune system went crazy. I developed Type II Diabetes, Ostepenia, CFS, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and Fibromyalgia. I saw doctor after doctor and was tested for everything from MS to Rheumatoid Arthritis to diseases I had never even heard of. I was MRI'd, X-rayed, CAT-scanned so much that I asked my boyfriend if I glowed in the dark.

I lived in Florida at this time. I had a great job and they tried to work with me, but I just couldn't do it. My doctors have told me I will never work again, but I still have hope. My boyfriend had proposed to me, but after a year of living with the fibro, he took off. We were a very active couple before I got sick. Hiking, kayaking, snorkeling, etc. After the fibro, going to see a movie wore me out.

My friends slowly drifted away, too. I had to cancel too many plans; finally they just stopped calling.

Without emotional or financial support, I had to move back in with my parents on a farm in Missouri. That was quite an adjustment! I'm still adjusting actually. Everything is so far away. It takes at least an hour to get to St. Louis so it's really hard to go to doctors there. In Florida, I didn't have any problems finding good doctors who understood fibro. In Missouri, most of them think it is all in your head. I still haven't found a decent rheumatologist, but I have found a "country doctor" who is working with me.

The main reason I want to join this group is for support. I haven't been able to make friends and it would be nice to be around people who understand this disease and what it does to you.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Annette

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.2 - Release Date: 4-21-2005

Guest guest

Hi Annette! Welcome to the group- wonderful to have you here! I think it is just awesome when yet another person suffering with fibro finds these support groups. I know they make a huge difference to me. I don't feel so alienated when I talk with other women in my situation.

I was diagnosed in 2001, but I believe I've had it for at least 5 years prior, albeit not as bad. I lost my dream job over this monster. I was working for a Catholic Chapel and was just happy as a clam when I started getting sicker and sicker and calling in sick more and more. Finally I had to resign because they are a non profit organization and they really needed someone there to do the work. I felt and still feel just awful for having to give up that awesome job. It paid great and had great benefits, but even better the people were just perfect to work with. Oh well. There must be some reason why we have all been chosen to go through this, right?

I myself have lost all but one friend, and even she doesn't see me more than maybe once or twice a year. She has a 5 y/o son that keeps her really busy too. But just about every time we make plans to do anything, I end up having to cancel because of the pain, etc. At least my one friend understands and doesn't hold it against me. But then there are the times when you try to explain your situation to them and they just cannot really understand. They can sympathize with you, but they really cannot empathize. I hear so many times, "Why can't you just PUSH yourself". Ugh. They don't realize that by just getting up and around I am pushing myself. I'm sure you can relate.

I'm very sorry to hear that your fiancé took off on you after seeing what you go through. You are better off without him though if he couldn't support you in the way that you deserve. I am married and for the most part my husband is good about helping me. He is the one who works since I cannot and he now does all the grocery shopping and laundry. It really bothers me that I am only 27 and can't work because there are women out here who are in their 50's who still work. I guess we all have different levels of tolerance though. I pushed myself so hard during the last few months that I was working that I was vomiting all the time. I ended up with two ulcers from it too. Even when I was pushing myself the hardest, I was still falling behind. I would work 10-12 hours a day, and working for the church I never got paid ANY overtime. I just couldn't stand the fact that I was falling behind when I was always the one who was the strongest employee who everyone came to for help. What a blow to my ego. This illness is sure humbling, huh?

I really hope you find the support you need here. I haven't been here for very long, but already I look forward to reading the posts and replying. It helps me get a lot of my emotions out that are usually bottled up. At least here people listen when you say how much pain you're in when in my real life everyone seems to be just plain old sick and tired of hearing it so I just don't say anything unless they ask. Here you can vent. Here you don't feel like you are all alone in the world. It's a great group with some great people in it. We all help each other, and that is what counts. Hope to see you around!

~*Kerrie*~

Hi everyone,

My name is Annette and I have suffered from fibro since 1999. Looking back, I think I had it much longer, because, for years, I would come home from work with my shoulders and back hurting so much that all I could do is lie on a heating pad and cry.

In 1999, I had sinus surgery. It didn't go well. I ended up hemorrhaging and almost died. After that my immune system went crazy. I developed Type II Diabetes, Ostepenia, CFS, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and Fibromyalgia. I saw doctor after doctor and was tested for everything from MS to Rheumatoid Arthritis to diseases I had never even heard of. I was MRI'd, X-rayed, CAT-scanned so much that I asked my boyfriend if I glowed in the dark.

I lived in Florida at this time. I had a great job and they tried to work with me, but I just couldn't do it. My doctors have told me I will never work again, but I still have hope. My boyfriend had proposed to me, but after a year of living with the fibro, he took off. We were a very active couple before I got sick. Hiking, kayaking, snorkeling, etc. After the fibro, going to see a movie wore me out.

My friends slowly drifted away, too. I had to cancel too many plans; finally they just stopped calling.

Without emotional or financial support, I had to move back in with my parents on a farm in Missouri. That was quite an adjustment! I'm still adjusting actually. Everything is so far away. It takes at least an hour to get to St. Louis so it's really hard to go to doctors there. In Florida, I didn't have any problems finding good doctors who understood fibro. In Missouri, most of them think it is all in your head. I still haven't found a decent rheumatologist, but I have found a "country doctor" who is working with me.

The main reason I want to join this group is for support. I haven't been able to make friends and it would be nice to be around people who understand this disease and what it does to you.

Annette

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.2 - Release Date: 4-21-2005

Guest guest

Hi Annette,

Welcome to the group. You've had some major adjustments to go thru! This is a great group who support each other in our joys and sorrows. We do understand the impact that Fibro has on your life. I look forward to getting to know you.

Kathleen

Guest guest

Thanks for the welcome, ! I agree about the caring angels on this list. I feel at home at last. I keep up with new medications by reading the magazine "Fibromyalgia Aware." I also do a lot of "googling" (is that a word?)

I think it all depends on your doctor as to whether he/she will prescribe Lyrica. My doctor has me on a medicine that has been used in trials, but has not been FDA approved for fibro. It helped that I had the information about the trials to show her. IMO, some doctors are jerks no matter what. Others, are absolute angels. If you have a jerk, don't give up looking for an angel!

Thanks again for the welcome!

Peace and love,

Annette

"Annette Pratt" wrote:My name is Annette and I have suffered from fibro since 1999. The main reason I want to join this group is for support. I haven't been able to make friends and it would be nice to be around people who understand this disease and what it does to you. I hope this helps. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them."Welcome Annette This forum is not only filled with knowledge, it is staffed and frequented by caring and sharing angels.You have journeyed to the right place. My friends young daughter was recently diagnosed with lupus & fibromyalgia. I suspect You are in a position you know more than many Dr s you encounter, how do you follow recent improvements/developments in the treating of your medical symptoms? In your opinion when Pfizer s pain reliever Lyrica ( pregabalin) hits the pharmacies (early 2005?from press release) Will persons having fibromyalgia be able to have it as a RX or will the Dr s balk untill it is cleared as helping that specific syndrome?Again as they say in Navy : welcome aboard gimpi1 aka 1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Thanks so much for the welcome, Kerrie! I belong to other groups, but this one, by far, is the warmest and funniest. I feel very comfortable here.

I'm sorry you had to give up a job you truly loved. That's rough. You are right, having this disease is humbling. It makes me appreciate little things a lot more.

I am starting to flare -- I found out this morning my dog has cancer that can't be treated. She's 15 and has been my best friend through this whole mess.

Thanks again for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know you and everyone else much better.

Peace and love,

Annette

Hi everyone,

Annette1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.10.2 - Release Date: 4-21-2005

Guest guest

Thanks for the welcome, Kathleen! It feels good to be in the company of people who really understand what I'm going through. Thanks!

peace and love,

Annette

Hi Annette,

Welcome to the group. You've had some major adjustments to go thru! This is a great group who support each other in our joys and sorrows. We do understand the impact that Fibro has on your life. I look forward to getting to know you.

Kathleen1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Welcome Riverlady!

I've only been a member for a week and I already feel at home! This is an awesome group. So much love and support.

Yeah, I get that a lot. "She doesn't LOOK sick." I wish they could crawl into my body and then they'd understand!

Glad you are here!

Peace and Love,

Annette

Dear Group,I have just joined this group, and I am very happy to have found it. I am 30 years old and have been diagnosed with fibro 3 years. I am looking forward to having others to talk to that can understand how I feel and helping others whenever I can. My biggest problem is I feel so often that healthy people don't understand how bad I feel most of the time. I know my friends and family try, but it is so hard to understand unless you have walked a mile in these shoes. Hell, I can't even walk a mile. But if I could walk a mile then they would know how it would feel. LOLJust wanted to say hello to everyone and look forward to talking to everyone. Riverlady721 While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Boy, Annette, you got that right. If only if they were in our bodies for a few hours then they would understand.

Tigger

Dear Group,I have just joined this group, and I am very happy to have found it. I am 30 years old and have been diagnosed with fibro 3 years. I am looking forward to having others to talk to that can understand how I feel and helping others whenever I can. My biggest problem is I feel so often that healthy people don't understand how bad I feel most of the time. I know my friends and family try, but it is so hard to understand unless you have walked a mile in these shoes. Hell, I can't even walk a mile. But if I could walk a mile then they would know how it would feel. LOLJust wanted to say hello to everyone and look forward to talking to everyone. Riverlady721 While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Welcome to the group, Riverlady;

You have come to the right place as everyone here knows exactly what you are going through. :) I know that I cannot walk a mile either - not anymore - which is sad because I use to walk everywhere for recreation and now I can barely make it to the corner store across the street!!

Hope you find the support you need here, I know our members will do everything they can to make you feel welcomed :) also sharing in any experiences and advice - which you are invited to do the same for others. :)

Hope to learn more of you as time passes.

Karis

Dear Group,I have just joined this group, and I am very happy to have found it. I am 30 years old and have been diagnosed with fibro 3 years. I am looking forward to having others to talk to that can understand how I feel and helping others whenever I can. My biggest problem is I feel so often that healthy people don't understand how bad I feel most of the time. I know my friends and family try, but it is so hard to understand unless you have walked a mile in these shoes. Hell, I can't even walk a mile. But if I could walk a mile then they would know how it would feel. LOLJust wanted to say hello to everyone and look forward to talking to everyone. Riverlady721. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Welcome to the group~~

I am using the Duragesic Patch for around the clock pain management, you can look it up at duragesic.com (I believe) .. it comes in varying strengths and you change the patch every three days. I am also on Baclofen as a muscle relaxer and Atavan for a CNS (Central Nervous System) relaxant.

Stress and Depression are two triggers for pain and flares .. we need to be calm at all times and try not to allow ourselves to become upset - difficult, I know - but it is a must... or you will have greater pain. I take an anti-depressant at night which doubles as a sleep aide - tho it doesn't often do much for sleep... chronic insomnia is part of the FMS package - though many do attend sleep clinics because commonly; FMS'ers achieve stage 4 sleep.

You will also probably find that when you wake up in the mornings, you are very stiff and more sore for the first couple of hours in the day .. before you 'loosen' up and take your meds. Weather, btw, is also a trigger for most, rain and cold weather will cause pain flare-ups.

I'm not certain which phase is more difficult to transition through - the frustration level or the denial level ... but you are doing one positive thing, in finding this group and starting to ask questions - looking for ways to improve your symptoms. I'm sure you will get quite a bit of information here, the ladies here are simply wonderful and have tons of information and personal experiences to share with you. :)

I hope we will get to know each other better over time~~

Karis

I am a new member to the group. I am in a frustration level and finally past the denial level, just looking for something to work. I have been waivering back and with doctor's whether or not I had lupus or fms. Now finally diagnosed, I am having alot of pain espec when I am depressed and I am finally trying to under it. The doctor put me on muscle relaxer (robaxin) and ampitripline for sleep. Robaxin at this time is not helping anymore and the sleep aid make me horribly feeling in the morning. Can anyone suggest something that might improve mood and energy during the day with taking some of the edge of the pain away? Thanks for this group it might be my life saver.....1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

> welcome so glad to have you join us. Just curious.. why either/or

Lupus / fibro? it is common to have both. and there is no test that

proves a positive lupus dx . I may or may not have lupus.. I have so

many clinical signs, but rapidly losing faith in alot of doctors. I do

have a lupus-like disease and it is the cause of my fibro I am sure.

seldom do doctors test for this disease as they think it to be very

rare, however it is a common disease we are finding Anyone with a

cronic illness will likely have some depression. I take lexapro as do

several others here. For sleep I am taking Clonazepam and have found

it helps. I have so many other meds that I have to be careful what I

take for pain, so am still on that search.(plus I have had 2 strokes

one clot one bleed) I'm planning to attend a lecture w/ fibro

specialists and researchers next week here in Cincinnati, so will

report back findings from that. I need to get a small tape recorder

though, as my fog gets bad often and note taking will probably be a

word jumble when I re-read it! Glad you joined us and hope to be of

help to one another, hugs, Deb in Ohio Again anyone from the

surrounding area is welcome to join me on this journey for information

Guest guest

> welcome so glad to have you join us. Just curious.. why either/or

Lupus / fibro? it is common to have both. and there is no test that

proves a positive lupus dx . I may or may not have lupus.. I have so

many clinical signs, but rapidly losing faith in alot of doctors. I do

have a lupus-like disease and it is the cause of my fibro I am sure.

seldom do doctors test for this disease as they think it to be very

rare, however it is a common disease we are finding Anyone with a

cronic illness will likely have some depression. I take lexapro as do

several others here. For sleep I am taking Clonazepam and have found

it helps. I have so many other meds that I have to be careful what I

take for pain, so am still on that search.(plus I have had 2 strokes

one clot one bleed) I'm planning to attend a lecture w/ fibro

specialists and researchers next week here in Cincinnati, so will

report back findings from that. I need to get a small tape recorder

though, as my fog gets bad often and note taking will probably be a

word jumble when I re-read it! Glad you joined us and hope to be of

help to one another, hugs, Deb in Ohio Again anyone from the

surrounding area is welcome to join me on this journey for information

Guest guest

Hi ,

I am Debi and today is a rate one I can actually answerr a email or two. Usually I get a bit too over welmbed by the volume and find myself only answering personal ones. I know this group has helped me a lot and helped me feel actually normal. If not normal at least in good company.....Debigreenigirl34691 wrote:

My name is by the way I should have introduced myself. And thank you everyone for your wonderful advice. I will continue to come on here to bring some light into my life and make this time less difficult. Thank you so much!1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi ,

I am Debi and today is a rate one I can actually answerr a email or two. Usually I get a bit too over welmbed by the volume and find myself only answering personal ones. I know this group has helped me a lot and helped me feel actually normal. If not normal at least in good company.....Debigreenigirl34691 wrote:

My name is by the way I should have introduced myself. And thank you everyone for your wonderful advice. I will continue to come on here to bring some light into my life and make this time less difficult. Thank you so much!1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Welcome to the group. You are amoung friends.

-Ruth

--- clarabell1234 wrote:

> Hi everyone :o)

>

> I am new to the group and newly diagnosed with FM.

>

Discover Yahoo!

Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online and more. Check it out!

http://discover.yahoo.com/

Guest guest

Welcome!! (sorry, i don't know your name!)

I'm so sorry for the reason you are here, but glad u found us! The first few weeks or months after diagnosis are hard. (Relieving, but also rather depressing). i hope you find all the answers you are looking for and all the support you need here! Welcome to the family!

Aloooooooooha!-JaanaModerator / Member De-Bouncerator / humble Group servant

Hi everyone :o)I am new to the group and newly diagnosed with FM. In away I was relieved to have an answer. It didnt all sink in till yesterday morning when I woke up stiffer and more swollen then I had ever been. I tried to remove an article of clothing and couldnt get my arms to bend that way. When I finally did reach it I couldnt get my swollen fingers to work. I cried. It suddenly sank in what my life was going to be like. I was in so much pain the rest of the day I spent my entire day on my heating pad.I am a mom of one girl who as also shown early signs of this disorder. When she was 2 she was literally crippled by her pain and couldnt walk or stand for 3 weeks. It was brought on by a viruis. She too has many of the symptoms I do just less severe. My dad said my grandma had what they called then CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) and she complained of pain all the time.I am so glad I found this very large family. I think its the perfect place to learn from others. I cant wait to get to know you all.

Guest guest

Hi Lori! Welcome to the group :) I'm fairly new here too, but everyone has been great, and I'm sure we can all relate to the pain so bad you can barely stand to be in your body. So sorry to hear about your diagnosis of luekemia as well.

*gentle hugs*

-Lori ( Pixie )

Hi everyone, I was just told by my doctor that I may have fibromyalgia. I told him I have pain in my bones that is so bad that sometimes I can stand still. I also suffer from bad headaches and from post traumatic stress from being a military police involved and deployed in 2 wars, gulf war 1 in 1991 (where these symptoms began), and operation enduring freedom in 1992. I just feel a wreck and would appreciate if anyone on this group could respond and explain their symptoms. I need help because my entire body is in pain at times and I feel as if I can't stand being inside it! I was also diagnosed in March with Large Granular Lymphocyte Leukemia, rare cancer with slow progression. Overwhelmed!1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Hi Lori! Welcome to the group :) I'm fairly new here too, but everyone has been great, and I'm sure we can all relate to the pain so bad you can barely stand to be in your body. So sorry to hear about your diagnosis of luekemia as well.

*gentle hugs*

-Lori ( Pixie )

Hi everyone, I was just told by my doctor that I may have fibromyalgia. I told him I have pain in my bones that is so bad that sometimes I can stand still. I also suffer from bad headaches and from post traumatic stress from being a military police involved and deployed in 2 wars, gulf war 1 in 1991 (where these symptoms began), and operation enduring freedom in 1992. I just feel a wreck and would appreciate if anyone on this group could respond and explain their symptoms. I need help because my entire body is in pain at times and I feel as if I can't stand being inside it! I was also diagnosed in March with Large Granular Lymphocyte Leukemia, rare cancer with slow progression. Overwhelmed!1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

*gentle hugs*

-Lori ( Pixie )

Guest guest

> I know it is important to stay positive with

> this disease, but I don't know how when my depression was so bad to

> begin with that I had to quit working 3 yrs ago.

Welcome Beverly. I cannot say enough about Emotional Freedom

Technique and the physical & emotional benefits I've gained from it.

You can learn it yourself at www.emofree.com but I really recommend

finding someone certified to help you get started, mostly b/c they

will see things more objectively - how life events are tied to

emotional and physical manifestations - and help you delve way past

the surface issues. I took 2 different 6-week classes in EFT back

in '05 and they changed my life. The second class I took was

specifically focused on weight loss, nothing else had ever worked for

me, although I hadn't tried hypnosis. After 3 weeks of " tapping "

about 5 minutes a day, I started losing the weight. The first 20

pounds or so came off within a couple months, lost a total of 55

pounds over a year. I use this as an example b/c it's hard to

quantify what it's done for me emotionally. I feel like the " reset "

button has been hit for me as a human being. lol It's really the

best advice I can give, and it's only a few minutes a day of tapping

some acupressure points - doesn't get much easier than that!

Crystal