RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Introduction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Me too. When Kaleb was diagnosed with ADD and OCD they also thought he had Asperger's but came back and said he had traits but since he could empathize with others he did not have it. He also had sensory disorder and a writing disabiltiy but he has a genius IQ. It realllllly makes you wonder! TexasTrista wrote: , It continually amazes me, when others here tell me this. How could it be mere coincidence that so many of us have children with Autism, AS, OCD, ADHD and so in? I wonder if the "experts" are looking into this. Trista Introduction> > > Hello everyone,> > My name is Peggy and I am a soon to be 40 year old> stay at home mother > to 2 children, , 16 and Zack, 4. I have been> married to my > husband for 20 years and we live in central> NY.> I have an appt. tomorrow morning with a> neurologist to receive the > definate diagnosis of MS. I have already had the> MRI done which showed > several lesions on the brain. For the past 2> months I have been > experiencing what I though was vertigo. The first> month it only lasted > about a day and a half. This month it lasted 3> days. Nothing helped, > lying down, sitting down, sleeping. I finally got> scared enough to go > to the

dr. They had said maybe it was just an> inner ear problem, boy > were they off base!!!> I have to tell you that I was not prepared for> this and am really > having a hard time accepting it. The thing that> scares me the most is > the vagueness of this disease. It can be so many> different things to > so many different people, you just don't know what> you're going to get.> I also have pain in both my ankles and have for a> while. I used to > think it was because I was on my feet alot, but it> doesn't seem to > make a difference. Now I am waking up with sore> ankles.> Any information any of you can provide would be> greatly appreciated. > My family is telling me to be strong, but it's> really hard. I feel > very alone even though I have family and friends> around me who have > said they will help. I'm so scared of

becoming a> burden to them. I'm > afraid of not being able to pick up my son, who by> the way is severe > ADHD. He is so energetic, how will I ever keep up> with him?> > Peggy> > > > "Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."Cary Grant__________________________________________________

Guest guest

, my youngest could not write until about age 11, even

with massive help, professionally, that is. Kid had total dys

graphia. Read like a 12th grader by age 3.5, though and

the I.Q. is astonishing. Kind of makes up for the short stature! Only short kid in the family. My children do not wish

me to give personal identifiable information on the 'net to any

one, so I just refer to each one as a "kid!" They are, however,

and this they do allow--all in their 40s!! Love, n, whose

husband figured that if one took the intellect of each parent,

added the two together and multiplied by 2, then that was what each child got! (terrifying!)

Introduction> > > Hello everyone,> > My name is Peggy and I am a soon to be 40 year old> stay at home mother > to 2 children, , 16 and Zack, 4. I have been> married to my > husband for 20 years and we live in central> NY.> I have an appt. tomorrow morning with a> neurologist to receive the > definate diagnosis of MS. I have already had the> MRI done which showed > several lesions on the brain. For the past 2> months I have been > experiencing what I though was vertigo. The first> month it only lasted > about a day and a half. This month it lasted 3> days. Nothing helped, > lying down, sitting down, sleeping. I finally got> scared enough to go > to the dr. They had said maybe it was just an> inner ear problem, boy > were they off base!!!> I have to tell you that I was not prepared for> this and am really > having a hard time accepting it. The thing that> scares me the most is > the vagueness of this disease. It can be so many> different things to > so many different people, you just don't know what> you're going to get.> I also have pain in both my ankles and have for a> while. I used to > think it was because I was on my feet alot, but it> doesn't seem to > make a difference. Now I am waking up with sore> ankles.> Any information any of you can provide would be> greatly appreciated. > My family is telling me to be strong, but it's> really hard. I feel > very alone even though I have family and friends> around me who have > said they will help. I'm so scared of becoming a> burden to them. I'm > afraid of not being able to pick up my son, who by> the way is severe > ADHD. He is so energetic, how will I ever keep up> with him?> > Peggy> > > > "Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."Cary Grant__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Wow. That's all I can say. I'm in good company. Trista

Introduction> > > Hello everyone,> > My name is Peggy and I am a soon to be 40 year old> stay at home mother > to 2 children, , 16 and Zack, 4. I have been> married to my > husband for 20 years and we live in central> NY.> I have an appt. tomorrow morning with a> neurologist to receive the > definate diagnosis of MS. I have already had the> MRI done which showed > several lesions on the brain. For the past 2> months I have been > experiencing what I though was vertigo. The first> month it only lasted > about a day and a half. This month it lasted 3> days. Nothing helped, > lying down, sitting down, sleeping. I finally got> scared enough to go > to the dr. They had said maybe it was just an> inner ear problem, boy > were they off base!!!> I have to tell you that I was not prepared for> this and am really > having a hard time accepting it. The thing that> scares me the most is > the vagueness of this disease. It can be so many> different things to > so many different people, you just don't know what> you're going to get.> I also have pain in both my ankles and have for a> while. I used to > think it was because I was on my feet alot, but it> doesn't seem to > make a difference. Now I am waking up with sore> ankles.> Any information any of you can provide would be> greatly appreciated. > My family is telling me to be strong, but it's> really hard. I feel > very alone even though I have family and friends> around me who have > said they will help. I'm so scared of becoming a> burden to them. I'm > afraid of not being able to pick up my son, who by> the way is severe > ADHD. He is so energetic, how will I ever keep up> with him?> > Peggy> > > > "Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."Cary Grant__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Welcome Peggy,……I’m

Jackie [56 on Fri, 28th]

from Oregon. I’ve

had MS since 1981, but was dx’ed in ’94. I have been married to Steve

for 35 yrs, we have 2 grown children, Tina 33, and

30. Our son gave us 2 beautiful grand daughters, 6, and Skylar

4. We only have one fur-baby, and that’s Max our 14 yr old Dalmatian. You

can see pictures of my family at the group home page.

Hope you like it here. Everyone

is very nice, and we all have different degrees of symptoms and what we can do

and can’t do. I can still walk, but have to hold on to stuff, or someone.

I use a Wheelchair when I go out. It’s been a slow progression for me,

and I feel lucky that I’ve been able to stay active for most of those

years.

Glad to have you here.

Hugs, Jackie J

Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:40 AM

To: MSersLife

Subject: Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is Peggy and I am a soon to be 40 year old stay at home mother

to 2 children, , 16 and Zack, 4. I have been married to my

husband for 20 years and we live in central NY.

I have an appt. tomorrow morning with a neurologist to receive the

definate diagnosis of MS. I have already had the MRI done which showed

several lesions on the brain. For the past 2 months I have been

experiencing what I though was vertigo. The first month it only lasted

about a day and a half. This month it lasted 3 days. Nothing helped,

lying down, sitting down, sleeping. I finally got scared enough to go

to the dr. They had said maybe it was just an inner ear problem, boy

were they off base!!!

I have to tell you that I was not prepared for this and am really

having a hard time accepting it. The thing that scares me the most is

the vagueness of this disease. It can be so many different things to

so many different people, you just don't know what you're going to get.

I also have pain in both my ankles and have for a while. I used to

think it was because I was on my feet alot, but it doesn't seem to

make a difference. Now I am waking up with sore ankles.

Any information any of you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

My family is telling me to be strong, but it's really hard. I feel

very alone even though I have family and friends around me who have

said they will help. I'm so scared of becoming a burden to them. I'm

afraid of not being able to pick up my son, who by the way is severe

ADHD. He is so energetic, how will I ever keep up with him?

Peggy

Guest guest

Hi Peggy, :o) Welcome to MSersLife. You've come to a wonderful group of loving, supportive and very well self-educated people. They've been a tremendous help to me since I first subbed. In time, all of this will settle differently in your life. You'll come to know your own MS and how it affects you. Yes, there will always be new hills to climb and changes to adjust to, but it may not be as overwhelming or "bad" as it may feel right now. I know this from watching my Mother. I don't have my own dx yet. I already sent a quick post telling a bit about my family. Here's a bit more. :o) For my own symptoms, I can defiinately go back seven years as I recall them. I'm sure I can go back a good ten or eleven years if I tried hard enough. (That's when I remember two things... one being a

horrible fatigue). You've probably already met other parents here who have children with AD/HD, et al. I'll hop in that mix. LOL Those dx's came to us over a decade ago and others followed. , 19½, has TS (Tourette Syndrome) and OCD. In 2000 we found he also had a brain tumor. That's since been removed completely. , who is almost 16, has TS, OCD and ADD. Jenna is 6½ and has no dx, but clearly has something of an anxiety nature going on. Maya is just flat out going on three and just as stubborn as every single one of us. LOL I share a few of the kids' dx's as well. We also Homeschool, though the boys started out in PS (Public School). Life is always interesting! LOL It's difficult when the fatigue is too much for me. At times I can catch Maya's nap, or the older boys will help me

with the girls. It is never pleasant when I cannot answer a question the kids have for me, or keep up with them mentally as I might on days without the worst of the problems (cognitive dulling and/or fatigue). Today is kinda of a half and half day for thinking... and the girls' racket behind me isn't helping. LOL I'd take a cool shower, hoping for quiet alone time, but I know there would soon be banging ont he door with "MOOOOOOM". I need a really loud radio maybe. LOL I'm going offtrack and it aint coming back. I'll sign off now and hope I've made sense somewhere. LOL HUGS, Challis Peggy wrote: Hello everyone,My name is Peggy and I am a soon to be 40 year old stay at home mother to 2 children, , 16 and Zack, 4. I have been married to my husband for 20 years and we live in central NY.I have an appt. tomorrow morning with a neurologist to receive the definate diagnosis of MS. I have already had the MRI done which showed several lesions on the brain. For the past 2 months I have been experiencing what I though was vertigo. The first month it only lasted about a day and a half. This month it lasted 3 days. Nothing helped, lying down, sitting down, sleeping. I finally got scared enough to go to the dr. They had said maybe it was just an inner ear problem, boy were they

off base!!!I have to tell you that I was not prepared for this and am really having a hard time accepting it. The thing that scares me the most is the vagueness of this disease. It can be so many different things to so many different people, you just don't know what you're going to get.I also have pain in both my ankles and have for a while. I used to think it was because I was on my feet alot, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Now I am waking up with sore ankles.Any information any of you can provide would be greatly appreciated. My family is telling me to be strong, but it's really hard. I feel very alone even though I have family and friends around me who have said they will help. I'm so scared of becoming a burden to them. I'm afraid of not being able to pick up my son, who by the way is severe ADHD. He is so energetic, how will I ever keep up with

him?Peggy

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.