RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Janet,The two delivery systems is because I've run out of room for more patches and I need the extra estradiol to handle the progesterone. I have a $5000 deductible also and I just found out it is HSA compatible. That means I can set up a Health Savings Plan with my bankand deposit about $4000 in it a year. This amount is tax deductible and can also be converted to a interest bearing plan like an IRA. Theygive you a credit card that you can pay for medical, dental, chiropractic, etc. expenses. Some employers will even contribute into it also foryou. I am retired and self-employed so this will be a huge help. If you change your health insurance or cancel it, the HSA is still yours to usetax free as long as they are funds

it it.I don't think I can afford a D & C so my doctor is trying to help me get my lining down so I don't have to. Otherwise I would love to avoid the progesterone altogether right now. Blessings,ShereeTo: rhythmicliving Sent: Fri, January 6, 2012 5:40:37 PMSubject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Sheree, Thanks so much for your response and information. I believe I have one of Schwarzbein's books somewhere in my collection of thyroid/adrenal/menopausal stuff. This vaginal P sounds like it might be worth investigating for my situation. My gyn wants to do an endometrial biopsy to make sure all is well with this new 9mm lining. I've already had 2 D & Cs over the last 3.5 years for built up linings. I have a $5,000 deductible health insurance so they cost me out of pocket. I need to avoid the built up for health and financial reasons ; ) Glad you are doing well working with Schwarzbein. What do you mean by cycling 3 vivelle patches per week? I used to do two/week.

Didn't like the patch though since I felt it wasn't a steady enough dosage at 2X/week. You also take estrodiol troches? Why the two delivery systems?janet To: rhythmicliving From: smichels7@...Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 15:43:31 -0800Subject: Re: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Janet,I am now seeing Dr. Schwarzbein in Santa Barbara. She has helped me get completely off the Wiley Protocol and is helping me get my body healthy and balanced.I am using a compounded vaginal P suppository, 5mg., in a olive oil base 2x a day from day 18-28. I am also cycling (3) Vivelle-Dot patches 2x a week and taking a .125 compounded estradiol troche 2x a day. Since the Wiley Protocol is so progesterone dominant I have a lot of progesterone stored in the fat tissues in my inner thighs. This seems to be expelled "whenever" and can block the estradiol. This process is slow, scary, and frustrating, but we are making progress. I thank God for her everyday! To answer your questions it seems progesterone creams get stored in fat tissues and can

stay there until they decide to dislodge. Therefore, you can't regulate your progesterone useeffectively and by the time you test the level, it could be totally different in your body by the time you get the results. It seems the vaginal P suppository doesn't get storedin your body and doesn't pass through your organs. I am still taking a very low dose because of P intolerance and the extra P that is being released "whenever" that is blockingmy estradiol. I have just had a pap smear, yearly physical, mammograms and breast ultrasound and everything was good. The next step is to get another uterine ultrasoundto see if my lining thickness is decreasing. I still don't feel great, but I feel like I am getting better and I feel safe and very taken cared of by my new doctor. P blocks estrogen. Therefore, you have to have enough estradiol to build a lining and only enough P to slough off the lining to have a

menstrual period, but not enoughto starve your body of the estrogen it needs while taking it. It's a fine balance. Dr. Schwarzbein teaches that you only replace what you have lost. You can get valuableinformation by visiting her website or phoning her office. She has a series of DVDs that explain all her teaching on hormone replacement. It's brilliant and worth investigating. She also has written 3 books that are also brilliant. I wish I had known her when I first needed something. If you haven't been on the WP protocol you areblessed. Getting balanced will probably be a lot easier and safer. If you want to call me, my phone number is . Hope this helps.Blessings, Sheree MichelsTo: rhythmicliving Sent: Thu, January 5, 2012 3:59:42 PMSubject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Val,

I've not thought of vaginal P as an alternative. Why would that be different? If P cream brings back my hot flashes then would vaginal P not do the same thing?

I see a doctor who diagnoses through taking your pulse. While he is taking the pulse he places substances near your ear and sees what the pulse reaction is. It is similar to muscle testing.

I brought my P cream there yesterday along with some other things and the P cream came up as problematic....just another confirmation.

janet

To: rhythmicliving From: val@...Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 13:34:30 -0700Subject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Janet, progesterone cream fails to protect the uterus in 32% of users. Why not vaginal P? I think progesterone cream is one of the great assaults foisted on women.

Val

From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Janet A

Val,I use the 1 pump of estrogel every day and strive to tolerate a 10 day course each month of the wiley compounded P that I'd ordered ions ago but never went on the protocol. I use just one line, 20mg.Janet

To: rhythmicliving

Janet, do you use estradiol throughout 12 days of Prometrium? I do.

Val

Gael, Do you build up a lining just using the estrogen? I have progesterone problems too and can't tolerate it. I've been taking E for about 5 years on/off, mostly on. I have to take estrog en (just 1 pump of estrogel daily) or I am up all night flashing. I try to take P for 10 days or so but generally stop short of that since the P brings back the hot flashes at night. I've built up a lining when I wasn't even taking E and have built up one while taking it without P. Now I have yet another 9mm lining that my gyn is very unhappy about and this was built up while suffering through using the P for 10 days or so. Janet

To: rhythmicliving@yahoogr oups.com

I'm on the fence about it because of the terrible effect P has on me. My current bout of vertigo began two weeks ago when I applied the tiniest of doses of progesterone transdermally for only five days. The day I stopped, the vertigo began and has not abated. It's not very severe but it reminds me of the last time I used P before this, when the vertigo was so severe I could not get out of bed for days. I never want to go through that again. I have no idea why externally supplied P affects me in this way. I was never on Wiley and never OD'd on it so far as I know. I only did the five day trial recently because my P came back at .15 on a blood test for hormone levels.

Also, after menopause our bodies do not naturally cycle, other than possibly in ways we don't understand and wouldn't know what to supplement for. This also gives me pause. I would not be using estrogen if it were not for the fact that I get vertigo and terrible hot flashes when I try to go off it. I don't seem to be able to do without it at this point. I have been on it for ten years, and have an ovarian cyst, and of course this all worries me greatly.

Gael

Everyone should "cycle" their hormones..even without a uterus. All sex hormones should be replaced in a cycle..JMHO.

Terri

Guest guest

Thank you, Val -

I was browsing 4corners looking around and saw estriol,

http://www.4cnrs-hormone-replacement.com/ovestin-cream-hrt.html

Is one as good as the other? My oncologiost just Rxd Vagifem and discontinued the progesterone. Now I'm more confused than ever, which doesn't take much these days. I think I will have to self treat, but I have a lot of research to do.

Estrogel is bioidentical.  Google it.  I like http://www.4cnrs-hormone-replacement.com/estrogel-hrt.html

but get mine from Masters Marketing via a prescription.  http://www.masters-uk.com/medicines/home.php

Val

Guest guest

Sheree,Thanks for the reminder about the HSA account. I was investigating getting one in place and will get back on that. janet To: rhythmicliving From: smichels7@...Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 09:36:54 -0800Subject: Re: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Janet,The two delivery systems is because I've run out of room for more patches and I need the extra estradiol to handle the progesterone. I have a $5000 deductible also and I just found out it is HSA compatible. That means I can set up a Health Savings Plan with my bankand deposit about $4000 in it a year. This amount is tax deductible and can also be converted to a interest bearing plan like an IRA. Theygive you a credit card that you can pay for medical, dental, chiropractic, etc. expenses. Some employers will even contribute into it also foryou. I am retired and self-employed so this will be a huge help. If you change your health insurance or cancel it, the HSA is still yours to usetax free as long as they are funds

it it.I don't think I can afford a D & C so my doctor is trying to help me get my lining down so I don't have to. Otherwise I would love to avoid the progesterone altogether right now. Blessings,ShereeTo: rhythmicliving Sent: Fri, January 6, 2012 5:40:37 PMSubject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Sheree, Thanks so much for your response and information. I believe I have one of Schwarzbein's books somewhere in my collection of thyroid/adrenal/menopausal stuff. This vaginal P sounds like it might be worth investigating for my situation. My gyn wants to do an endometrial biopsy to make sure all is well with this new 9mm lining. I've already had 2 D & Cs over the last 3.5 years for built up linings. I have a $5,000 deductible health insurance so they cost me out of pocket. I need to avoid the built up for health and financial reasons ; ) Glad you are doing well working with Schwarzbein. What do you mean by cycling 3 vivelle patches per week? I used to do two/week.

Didn't like the patch though since I felt it wasn't a steady enough dosage at 2X/week. You also take estrodiol troches? Why the two delivery systems?janet To: rhythmicliving From: smichels7@...Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 15:43:31 -0800Subject: Re: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Janet,I am now seeing Dr. Schwarzbein in Santa Barbara. She has helped me get completely off the Wiley Protocol and is helping me get my body healthy and balanced.I am using a compounded vaginal P suppository, 5mg., in a olive oil base 2x a day from day 18-28. I am also cycling (3) Vivelle-Dot patches 2x a week and taking a .125 compounded estradiol troche 2x a day. Since the Wiley Protocol is so progesterone dominant I have a lot of progesterone stored in the fat tissues in my inner thighs. This seems to be expelled "whenever" and can block the estradiol. This process is slow, scary, and frustrating, but we are making progress. I thank God for her everyday! To answer your questions it seems progesterone creams get stored in fat tissues and can

stay there until they decide to dislodge. Therefore, you can't regulate your progesterone useeffectively and by the time you test the level, it could be totally different in your body by the time you get the results. It seems the vaginal P suppository doesn't get storedin your body and doesn't pass through your organs. I am still taking a very low dose because of P intolerance and the extra P that is being released "whenever" that is blockingmy estradiol. I have just had a pap smear, yearly physical, mammograms and breast ultrasound and everything was good. The next step is to get another uterine ultrasoundto see if my lining thickness is decreasing. I still don't feel great, but I feel like I am getting better and I feel safe and very taken cared of by my new doctor. P blocks estrogen. Therefore, you have to have enough estradiol to build a lining and only enough P to slough off the lining to have a

menstrual period, but not enoughto starve your body of the estrogen it needs while taking it. It's a fine balance. Dr. Schwarzbein teaches that you only replace what you have lost. You can get valuableinformation by visiting her website or phoning her office. She has a series of DVDs that explain all her teaching on hormone replacement. It's brilliant and worth investigating. She also has written 3 books that are also brilliant. I wish I had known her when I first needed something. If you haven't been on the WP protocol you areblessed. Getting balanced will probably be a lot easier and safer. If you want to call me, my phone number is . Hope this helps.Blessings, Sheree MichelsTo: rhythmicliving Sent: Thu, January 5, 2012 3:59:42 PMSubject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Val,

I've not thought of vaginal P as an alternative. Why would that be different? If P cream brings back my hot flashes then would vaginal P not do the same thing?

I see a doctor who diagnoses through taking your pulse. While he is taking the pulse he places substances near your ear and sees what the pulse reaction is. It is similar to muscle testing.

I brought my P cream there yesterday along with some other things and the P cream came up as problematic....just another confirmation.

janet

To: rhythmicliving From: val@...Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 13:34:30 -0700Subject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Janet, progesterone cream fails to protect the uterus in 32% of users. Why not vaginal P? I think progesterone cream is one of the great assaults foisted on women.

Val

Val,I use the 1 pump of estrogel every day and strive to tolerate a 10 day course each month of the wiley compounded P that I'd ordered ions ago but never went on the protocol. I use just one line, 20mg.Janet

To: rhythmicliving

Janet, do you use estradiol throughout 12 days of Prometrium? I do.

Val

Gael, Do you build up a lining just using the estrogen? I have progesterone problems too and can't tolerate it. I've been taking E for about 5 years on/off, mostly on. I have to take estrog en (just 1 pump of estrogel daily) or I am up all night flashing. I try to take P for 10 days or so but generally stop short of that since the P brings back the hot flashes at night. I've built up a lining when I wasn't even taking E and have built up one while taking it without P. Now I have yet another 9mm lining that my gyn is very unhappy about and this was built up while suffering through using the P for 10 days or so. Janet

To: rhythmicliving@yahoogr oups.com

I'm on the fence about it because of the terrible effect P has on me. My current bout of vertigo began two weeks ago when I applied the tiniest of doses of progesterone transdermally for only five days. The day I stopped, the vertigo began and has not abated. It's not very severe but it reminds me of the last time I used P before this, when the vertigo was so severe I could not get out of bed for days. I never want to go through that again. I have no idea why externally supplied P affects me in this way. I was never on Wiley and never OD'd on it so far as I know. I only did the five day trial recently because my P came back at .15 on a blood test for hormone levels.

Also, after menopause our bodies do not naturally cycle, other than possibly in ways we don't understand and wouldn't know what to supplement for. This also gives me pause. I would not be using estrogen if it were not for the fact that I get vertigo and terrible hot flashes when I try to go off it. I don't seem to be able to do without it at this point. I have been on it for ten years, and have an ovarian cyst, and of course this all worries me greatly.

Gael

Everyone should "cycle" their hormones..even without a uterus. All sex hormones should be replaced in a cycle..JMHO.

Terri

Guest guest

Val.What do you pay for the Estrogel from masters. I've been getting mine from a Canadian pharmacy which charges less than half the price of what I was paying at my local CVS for it.Jaent To: rhythmicliving From: val@...Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 21:43:36 -0700Subject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Estrogel is bioidentical. Google it. I like http://www.4cnrs-hormone-replacement.com/estrogel-hrt.htmlbut get mine from Masters Marketing via a prescription. http://www.masters-uk.com/medicines/home.php Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of itsmelindadValarie,Can Estrogel be had online without a prescription? Is it bioidentical? Vaginal P is more likely to protect your uterus and less likely than progesterone cream to be as systemic and build up in fat. Progesterone cream builds in fat; alcohol-based Estrogel does not. In fact, rubbing it on a fat area helps it last through 24 hours.

Guest guest

Three points.1) You cannot have anb HSA once you have to take Medicare.  You can used what you've saved up but cannot contribute any more.2) Once Obamacare fully kicks in, only those under 30 yo will be able to have an HSA. §1312(d)(3)3) An HSA/catastrophic insurance policy is the best of all worlds.  You have control of your own health care until things reach a catastrophic level.  What you don't use, you can carry forward. Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Janet ASheree,Thanks for the reminder about the HSA account. I was investigating getting one in place and will get back on that. janet To: rhythmicliving Janet,The two delivery systems is because I've run out of room for more patches and I need the extra estradiol to handle the progesterone. I have a $5000 deductible also and I just found out it is HSA compatible. That means I can set up a Health Savings Plan with my bankand deposit about $4000 in it a year. This amount is tax deductible and can also be converted to a interest bearing plan like an IRA. Theygive you a credit card that you can pay for medical, dental, chiropractic, etc. expenses. Some employers will even contribute into it also foryou. I am retired and self-employed so this will be a huge help. If you change your health insurance or cancel it, the HSA is still yours to usetax free as long as they are funds it it.I don't think I can afford a D & C so my doctor is trying to help me get my lining down so I don't have to. Otherwise I would love to avoid the progesterone altogether right now. Blessings,Sheree

Guest guest

Sheree, It's great having your updates on the group. When I talked to Dr. Schwarzbein years ago I was very impressed that she understood the way that the P comes out of the tissues in the most inconsistent (seemingly) manner. That the transdermal P in the body (or the impact of it) doesn't show up on assays. Mom got Dr. Schwarzbein's DVD and eventually I'll get to watching it. Thanks again for your updates and I'm so glad you are getting such good support and guidance. Even with her support this withdrawal is super tricky to get through!! Laurel Janet,I am now seeing Dr. Schwarzbein in Santa Barbara. She has helped me get completely off the Wiley Protocol and is helping me get my body healthy and balanced.I am using a compounded vaginal P suppository, 5mg., in a olive oil base 2x a day from day 18-28. I am also cycling (3) Vivelle-Dot patches 2x a week and taking a .125 compounded estradiol troche 2x a day. Since the Wiley Protocol is so progesterone dominant I have a lot of progesterone stored in the fat tissues in my inner thighs. This seems to be expelled "whenever" and can block the estradiol. This process is slow, scary, and frustrating, but we are making progress. I thank God for her everyday! To answer your questions it seems progesterone creams get stored in fat tissues and can stay there until they decide to dislodge. Therefore, you can't regulate your progesterone useeffectively and by the time you test the level, it could be totally different in your body by the time you get the results. It seems the vaginal P suppository doesn't get storedin your body and doesn't pass through your organs. I am still taking a very low dose because of P intolerance and the extra P that is being released "whenever" that is blockingmy estradiol. I have just had a pap smear, yearly physical, mammograms and breast ultrasound and everything was good. The next step is to get another uterine ultrasoundto see if my lining thickness is decreasing. I still don't feel great, but I feel like I am getting better and I feel safe and very taken cared of by my new doctor. P blocks estrogen. Therefore, you have to have enough estradiol to build a lining and only enough P to slough off the lining to have a menstrual period, but not enoughto starve your body of the estrogen it needs while taking it. It's a fine balance. Dr. Schwarzbein teaches that you only replace what you have lost. You can get valuableinformation by visiting her website or phoning her office. She has a series of DVDs that explain all her teaching on hormone replacement. It's brilliant and worth investigating. She also has written 3 books that are also brilliant. I wish I had known her when I first needed something. If you haven't been on the WP protocol you areblessed. Getting balanced will probably be a lot easier and safer. If you want to call me, my phone number is . Hope this helps.Blessings, Sheree MichelsTo: rhythmicliving Sent: Thu, January 5, 2012 3:59:42 PMSubject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post MenopauseVal,I've not thought of vaginal P as an alternative. Why would that be different? If P cream brings back my hot flashes then would vaginal P not do the same thing? I see a doctor who diagnoses through taking your pulse. While he is taking the pulse he places substances near your ear and sees what the pulse reaction is. It is similar to muscle testing. I brought my P cream there yesterday along with some other things and the P cream came up as problematic....just another confirmation.janet To: rhythmicliving From: val@...Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 13:34:30 -0700Subject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause Janet, progesterone cream fails to protect the uterus in 32% of users. Why not vaginal P? I think progesterone cream is one of the great assaults foisted on women. Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Janet AVal,I use the 1 pump of estrogel every day and strive to tolerate a 10 day course each month of the wiley compounded P that I'd ordered ions ago but never went on the protocol. I use just one line, 20mg.Janet To: rhythmicliving Janet, do you use estradiol throughout 12 days of Prometrium? I do. Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Janet AGael, Do you build up a lining just using the estrogen? I have progesterone problems too and can't tolerate it. I've been taking E for about 5 years on/off, mostly on. I have to take estrog en (just 1 pump of estrogel daily) or I am up all night flashing. I try to take P for 10 days or so but generally stop short of that since the P brings back the hot flashes at night. I've built up a lining when I wasn't even taking E and have built up one while taking it without P. Now I have yet another 9mm lining that my gyn is very unhappy about and this was built up while suffering through using the P for 10 days or so. Janet To: rhythmicliving@yahoogr oups.comI'm on the fence about it because of the terrible effect P has on me. My current bout of vertigo began two weeks ago when I applied the tiniest of doses of progesterone transdermally for only five days. The day I stopped, the vertigo began and has not abated. It's not very severe but it reminds me of the last time I used P before this, when the vertigo was so severe I could not get out of bed for days. I never want to go through that again. I have no idea why externally supplied P affects me in this way. I was never on Wiley and never OD'd on it so far as I know. I only did the five day trial recently because my P came back at .15 on a blood test for hormone levels. Also, after menopause our bodies do not naturally cycle, other than possibly in ways we don't understand and wouldn't know what to supplement for. This also gives me pause. I would not be using estrogen if it were not for the fact that I get vertigo and terrible hot flashes when I try to go off it. I don't seem to be able to do without it at this point. I have been on it for ten years, and have an ovarian cyst, and of course this all worries me greatly. Gael Everyone should "cycle" their hormones..even without a uterus. All sex hormones should be replaced in a cycle..JMHO.Terri

Guest guest

Vagifem is vaginal estradiol. Vaginal estriol is probably safer but is not available in the U.S. except through a compounding pharmacy. I buy it from Masters Marketing and use it on my face. Estriol is is not absorbed except through mucus membranes. Why are you using either progesterone or vaginal estradiol? Remind me, have you had cancer? Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of itsmelindadThank you, Val - I was browsing 4corners looking around and saw estriol, http://www.4cnrs-hormone-replacement.com/ovestin-cream-hrt.html Is one as good as the other? My oncologiost just Rxd Vagifem and discontinued the progesterone. Now I'm more confused than ever, which doesn't take much these days. I think I will have to self treat, but I have a lot of research to do. Estrogel is bioidentical. Google it. I like http://www.4cnrs-hormone-replacement.com/estrogel-hrt.htmlbut get mine from Masters Marketing via a prescription. http://www.masters-uk.com/medicines/home.php

Guest guest

My last order was $9/tube. They limit you to 6 tubes/order and charge $15 for shipping. If your Canadian pharm is better, lemme' know. Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Janet AVal.What do you pay for the Estrogel from masters. I've been getting mine from a Canadian pharmacy which charges less than half the price of what I was paying at my local CVS for it.Jaent To: rhythmicliving Estrogel is bioidentical. Google it. I like http://www.4cnrs-hormone-replacement.com/estrogel-hrt.htmlbut get mine from Masters Marketing via a prescription. http://www.masters-uk.com/medicines/home.php Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of itsmelindadValarie,Can Estrogel be had online without a prescription? Is it bioidentical? Vaginal P is more likely to protect your uterus and less likely than progesterone cream to be as systemic and build up in fat. Progesterone cream builds in fat; alcohol-base d Estrogel does not. In fact, rubbing it on a fat area helps it last through 24 hours.

Guest guest

Hi,

You are very lucky to have Dr. Schwarzbein on your side. I read all her books

and listened to the Introduction on Menopause Power. I would love to buy the DVD

but I do not know if I could get the specifics, the nuts and bolts of doing

hormon restoration. Unfortunatelly I am too far to have an appointment with Dr.

Schwarzbein. If you had seen the Menopause Power video, what is your honest

opinion. Thanks.

>

> Janet,

> I am now seeing Dr. Schwarzbein in Santa Barbara. She has helped me get

> completely off the Wiley Protocol and is helping me get my body healthy and

> balanced.

> I am using a compounded vaginal P suppository, 5mg., in a olive oil base 2x a

> day from day 18-28. I am also cycling (3) Vivelle-Dot patches 2x a week and

> taking a .125 compounded estradiol troche 2x a day. Since the Wiley Protocol

is

> so progesterone dominant I have a lot of progesterone stored in the fat

tissues

> in my inner thighs. This

>

> seems to be expelled " whenever " and can block the estradiol. This process is

> slow, scary, and frustrating, but we are making progress. I thank God for her

> everyday! To answer

>

> your questions it seems progesterone creams get stored in fat tissues and can

> stay there until they decide to dislodge. Therefore, you can't regulate your

> progesterone use

> effectively and by the time you test the level, it could be totally different

in

> your body by the time you get the results. It seems the vaginal P suppository

> doesn't get stored

> in your body and doesn't pass through your organs. I am still taking a very

low

> dose because of P intolerance and the extra P that is being released

" whenever "

> that is blocking

> my estradiol. I have just had a pap smear, yearly physical, mammograms and

> breast ultrasound and everything was good. The next step is to get another

> uterine ultrasound

> to see if my lining thickness is decreasing. I still don't feel great, but I

> feel like I am getting better and I feel safe and very taken cared of by my

new

> doctor.

>

>

> P blocks estrogen. Therefore, you have to have enough estradiol to build a

> lining and only enough P to slough off the lining to have a menstrual period,

> but not enough

> to starve your body of the estrogen it needs while taking it. It's a fine

> balance. Dr. Schwarzbein teaches that you only replace what you have lost.

You

> can get valuable

> information by visiting her website or phoning her office. She has a series of

> DVDs that explain all her teaching on hormone replacement. It's brilliant and

> worth

>

> investigating. She also has written 3 books that are also brilliant. I wish I

> had known her when I first needed something. If you haven't been on the WP

> protocol you are

> blessed. Getting balanced will probably be a lot easier and safer.

>

> If you want to call me, my phone number is .

>

> Hope this helps.

>

> Blessings, Sheree Michels

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: rhythmicliving

> Sent: Thu, January 5, 2012 3:59:42 PM

> Subject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

>

>

> Val,

> I've not thought of vaginal P as an alternative. Why would that be different?

> If P cream brings back my hot flashes then would vaginal P not do the same

> thing?

>

> I see a doctor who diagnoses through taking your pulse. While he is taking

the

> pulse he places substances near your ear and sees what the pulse reaction is.

> It is similar to muscle testing.

>

> I brought my P cream there yesterday along with some other things and the P

> cream came up as problematic....just another confirmation.

> janet

>

>

>

>

> From: val@...

> Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 13:34:30 -0700

> Subject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

>

>

> Janet, progesterone cream fails to protect the uterus in 32% of users. Why

not

> vaginal P? I think progesterone cream is one of the great assaults foisted on

> women.

>

>

> Val

>

> From:rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On

> Behalf Of Janet A

>

>

> Val,

> I use the 1 pump of estrogel every day and strive to tolerate a 10 day course

> each month of the wiley compounded P that I'd ordered ions ago but never went

on

> the protocol. I use just one line, 20mg.

> Janet

>

>

>

>

>

> Janet, do you use estradiol throughout 12 days of Prometrium? I do.

>

> Val

>

> From:rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On

> Behalf Of Janet A

> Gael,

>

> Do you build up a lining just using the estrogen? I have progesterone

problems

> too and can't tolerate it. I've been taking E for about 5 years on/off,

mostly

> on. I have to take estrog en (just 1 pump of estrogel daily) or I am up all

> night flashing. I try to take P for 10 days or so but generally stop short of

> that since the P brings back the hot flashes at night.

>

> I've built up a lining when I wasn't even taking E and have built up one while

> taking it without P. Now I have yet another 9mm lining that my gyn is very

> unhappy about and this was built up while suffering through using the P for 10

> days or so.

>

> Janet

>

>

>

> To: rhythmicliving@yahoogr oups.com

> I'm on the fence about it because of the terrible effect P has on me. My

> current bout of vertigo began two weeks ago when I applied the tiniest of

doses

> of progesterone transdermally for only five days. The day I stopped, the

> vertigo began and has not abated. It's not very severe but it reminds me of

the

> last time I used P before this, when the vertigo was so severe I could not get

> out of bed for days. I never want to go through that again. I have no idea

why

> externally supplied P affects me in this way. I was never on Wiley and never

> OD'd on it so far as I know. I only did the five day trial recently because

my

> P came back at .15 on a blood test for hormone levels.

>

>

> Also, after menopause our bodies do not naturally cycle, other than possibly

in

> ways we don't understand and wouldn't know what to supplement for. This also

> gives me pause. I would not be using estrogen if it were not for the fact

that

> I get vertigo and terrible hot flashes when I try to go off it. I don't seem

to

> be able to do without it at this point. I have been on it for ten years, and

> have an ovarian cyst, and of course this all worries me greatly.

>

> Gael

>

>

> In a message dated 1/2/2012 4:45:43 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

> terri4320@... writes:

> Everyone should " cycle " their hormones..even without a uterus. All sex

hormones

> should be replaced in a cycle..JMHO.

> >Terri

>

Guest guest

Sabriel,

I went on and bought the DVD program and thought that it was very good. I felt

like I learned alot and it was very easy to listen to and informative. However,

the specific amounts to take were not given of estradiol or progesteone.

I do have an openminded ObGyn who was the one who started me on the static

dosing that Dr. Schwarzbein says is not good. I found her by asking at my local

compounding pharmacy. I see her tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see what

she says.

Deb in MI

> >

> > Janet,

> > I am now seeing Dr. Schwarzbein in Santa Barbara. She has helped me

get > > completely off the Wiley Protocol and is helping me get my body healthy

and > > balanced.

> > I am using a compounded vaginal P suppository, 5mg., in a olive oil base 2x

a > > day from day 18-28. I am also cycling (3) Vivelle-Dot patches 2x a week

and > > taking a .125 compounded estradiol troche 2x a day. Since the Wiley

Protocol is

> > so progesterone dominant I have a lot of progesterone stored in the fat

tissues > > in my inner thighs. This

> >

> > seems to be expelled " whenever " and can block the estradiol. This process is

> > slow, scary, and frustrating, but we are making progress. I thank God for

her > > everyday! To answer

> >

> > your questions it seems progesterone creams get stored in fat tissues and

can > > stay there until they decide to dislodge. Therefore, you can't regulate

your > > progesterone use

> > effectively and by the time you test the level, it could be totally

different in > > your body by the time you get the results. It seems the vaginal

P suppository > > doesn't get stored

> > in your body and doesn't pass through your organs. I am still taking a very

low > > dose because of P intolerance and the extra P that is being released

" whenever " > > that is blocking

> > my estradiol. I have just had a pap smear, yearly physical, mammograms and

> > breast ultrasound and everything was good. The next step is to get another >

> uterine ultrasound> > to see if my lining thickness is decreasing. I still

don't feel great, but I

> > feel like I am getting better and I feel safe and very taken cared of by my

new > > doctor.

> > P blocks estrogen. Therefore, you have to have enough estradiol to build a

> > lining and only enough P to slough off the lining to have a menstrual

period, > > but not enough

> > to starve your body of the estrogen it needs while taking it. It's a fine >

> balance. Dr. Schwarzbein teaches that you only replace what you have lost.

You > > can get valuable> > information by visiting her website or phoning her

office. She has a series of > > DVDs that explain all her teaching on hormone

replacement. It's brilliant and > > worth

> >

> > investigating. She also has written 3 books that are also brilliant. I wish

I

> > had known her when I first needed something. If you haven't been on the WP >

> protocol you are> > blessed. Getting balanced will probably be a lot easier

and safer.

> >

> > If you want to call me, my phone number is . > >

> > Hope this helps.

> > > > Blessings, Sheree Michels

Guest guest

I use a tiny amount of it mixed with my moisterizer at bedtime.  I did a test where I used it on one side of my face and not the other.  Then I had my husband and daughter to pick the better.  They picked the estriol-treated side.  It is not absorbed systemically unless you get it in your eyes or mouth. Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Anita ElsbreeHi Val, Do you apply it on your face for absorbtion or as a facial cream? I buy it from Masters Marketing and use it on my face. Estriol is is not absorbed except through mucus membranes.