RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes.  I stay off Estrogel for 5 - 7 days.  Ordinarily, I use 1.5 mg/d. Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Anita ElsbreeHi Val, " When a shed starts " -- do you mean a period? Thank you. Nita I tried level dosing of 100 mg Prometrium for a year. My blood glucose wentto over 120. When I dropped back to 10 days/month, BG dropped to 84. I useEstrogel and go off it when a shed starts.Val

Guest guest

If I try to stay off estrogen for even a day, I get vertigo, nausea, feel as if I'm feverish. I don't know how anyone can stay off it for days!

Gael

Yes. I stay off Estrogel for 5 - 7 days. Ordinarily, I use 1.5 mg/d.

Val

From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Anita Elsbree

Hi Val,

"When a shed starts" -- do you mean a period?

Thank you.

Nita

I tried level dosing of 100 mg Prometrium for a year. My blood glucose wentto over 120. When I dropped back to 10 days/month, BG dropped to 84. I useEstrogel and go off it when a shed starts.Val

Guest guest

I don't know any other way to shed.  I have a problem with uterine proliferation.  Gyn wants me to get Mirena (progestin IUD) but it's $1,000 and the idea kinda' bothers me. Has anyone else on the list ever gotten one? Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of gaelgreen@...If I try to stay off estrogen for even a day, I get vertigo, nausea, feel as if I'm feverish. I don't know how anyone can stay off it for days! Gael Yes. I stay off Estrogel for 5 - 7 days. Ordinarily, I use 1.5 mg/d.From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Anita Elsbree

Guest guest

Val, PLEASE do not get Mirena!!! There have been lawsuits over this awful drug, which IS also an IUD. It is very, very similiar to the BC "shot" that was the rage 20 yrs ago. It is made from a synthetic form of Progesterone, which is a progestin. Please, please get a new Gyne!!!Terri To: rhythmicliving Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 8:54 PM Subject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

I don't know any other way to shed. I have a problem with uterine proliferation. Gyn wants me to get Mirena (progestin IUD) but it's $1,000 and the idea kinda' bothers me. Has anyone else on the list ever gotten one? Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of gaelgreen@...If I try to stay off estrogen for even a day, I get vertigo, nausea, feel as if I'm feverish. I don't know how anyone can stay off it for days! Gael Yes. I stay off Estrogel for 5 - 7 days. Ordinarily, I use 1.5 mg/d.From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Anita Elsbree

Guest guest

Thanks, Terri.  This is an article my doc gave me a year+ ago and begged me to stop cycling:http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Fulltext/2009/12000/Endometrial_Cancer_in_Postmenopausal_Women_Using.7.aspx?WT.mc_id=EMxj00x20101215xL4 Larrian Gillespie, MD (Menopause Diet) was really negative about the article.  She thinks a shed about every three months is good. My lining was 13.7 mm two years ago when I had a D & C.  After a year of cycling, it was 4.5 mm.  I stopped cycling and took 100 mg Prometrium for a year.  Now, the lining, at last measurement is 10.7.  My blood sugar went up to 120 while on daily Prometrium.  After reducing to 200 mg/day for 10 days/m, BG dropped to 84.  From what I'm reading, Mirena has a high dropout rate (over 30%) and weight gain is the biggest complaint.  I don't need that. Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Terri CemailVal, PLEASE do not get Mirena!!! There have been lawsuits over this awful drug, which IS also an IUD. It is very, very similiar to the BC " shot " that was the rage 20 yrs ago. It is made from a synthetic form of Progesterone, which is a progestin. Please, please get a new Gyne!!!Terri I don't know any other way to shed. I have a problem with uterine proliferation. Gyn wants me to get Mirena (progestin IUD) but it's $1,000 and the idea kinda' bothers me. Has anyone else on the list ever gotten one?

Guest guest

Does Dr. G think that cycling without a uterus every three months is a good thing?

Gael

Thanks, Terri. This is an article my doc gave me a year+ ago and begged me to stop cycling:

http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Fulltext/2009/12000/Endometrial_Cancer_in_Postmenopausal_Women_Using.7.aspx?WT.mc_id=EMxj00x20101215xL4

Larrian Gillespie, MD (Menopause Diet) was really negative about the article. She thinks a shed about every three months is good.

My lining was 13.7 mm two years ago when I had a D & C. After a year of cycling, it was 4.5 mm. I stopped cycling and took 100 mg Prometrium for a year. Now, the lining, at last measurement is 10.7. My blood sugar went up to 120 while on daily Prometrium. After reducing to 200 mg/day for 10 days/m, BG dropped to 84.

From what I'm reading, Mirena has a high dropout rate (over 30%) and weight gain is the biggest complaint. I don't need that.

Val

From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Terri Cemail

Val,

PLEASE do not get Mirena!!! There have been lawsuits over this awful drug, which IS also an IUD. It is very, very similiar to the BC "shot" that was the rage 20 yrs ago. It is made from a synthetic form of Progesterone, which is a progestin. Please, please get a new Gyne!!!

Terri

I don't know any other way to shed. I have a problem with uterine proliferation. Gyn wants me to get Mirena (progestin IUD) but it's $1,000 and the idea kinda' bothers me. Has anyone else on the list ever gotten one?

Guest guest

Val, I could take that study more seriously if they had used REAL progesterone instead of progestins(fake progesterone).Terri To: rhythmicliving

Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 9:29 PM Subject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Thanks, Terri. This is an article my doc gave me a year+ ago and begged me to stop cycling:http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Fulltext/2009/12000/Endometrial_Cancer_in_Postmenopausal_Women_Using.7.aspx?WT.mc_id=EMxj00x20101215xL4 Larrian Gillespie, MD (Menopause Diet) was really negative about the article. She thinks a shed about every three months is good. My lining was 13.7 mm two years ago when I had a D & C. After a year of cycling, it was 4.5 mm. I stopped cycling and took 100 mg Prometrium for a year. Now, the lining, at last measurement is 10.7.

My blood sugar went up to 120 while on daily Prometrium. After reducing to 200 mg/day for 10 days/m, BG dropped to 84. From what I'm reading, Mirena has a high dropout rate (over 30%) and weight gain is the biggest complaint. I don't need that. Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Terri CemailVal, PLEASE do not get Mirena!!! There have been lawsuits over this awful drug, which IS also an IUD. It is very, very similiar to the BC "shot" that was the rage 20 yrs ago. It is made from a synthetic form of Progesterone, which is a progestin. Please, please get a new Gyne!!!Terri I don't know any other way to shed. I have a

problem with uterine proliferation. Gyn wants me to get Mirena (progestin IUD) but it's $1,000 and the idea kinda' bothers me. Has anyone else on the list ever gotten one?

Guest guest

Hi Terri,

I have been cycling 100mgs Prometrium (vaginally) twelve days a month. After quickly looking over that research paper/article, I wondered if Prometrium is considered a "progestin"? It isn't, is it? (I'm not sure?)

I think that this is what threw "off" the study whereby the results were published in 2005 ... that put such a scare in so many women? So much so, many women did just that?

There isn't a published study out there, that reflects results where one used "progesterone" vs "progestins", is there?

Best,

Glo

To: "rhythmicliving " <rhythmicliving > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 9:30 AMSubject: Re: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Val,

I could take that study more seriously if they had used REAL progesterone instead of progestins(fake progesterone).

Terri

To: rhythmicliving Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 9:29 PMSubject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Thanks, Terri. This is an article my doc gave me a year+ ago and begged me to stop cycling:

http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Fulltext/2009/12000/Endometrial_Cancer_in_Postmenopausal_Women_Using.7.aspx?WT.mc_id=EMxj00x20101215xL4

Larrian Gillespie, MD (Menopause Diet) was really negative about the article. She thinks a shed about every three months is good.

My lining was 13.7 mm two years ago when I had a D & C. After a year of cycling, it was 4.5 mm. I stopped cycling and took 100 mg Prometrium for a year. Now, the lining, at last measurement is 10.7. My blood sugar went up to 120 while on daily Prometrium. After reducing to 200 mg/day for 10 days/m, BG dropped to 84.

From what I'm reading, Mirena has a high dropout rate (over 30%) and weight gain is the biggest complaint. I don't need that.

Val

Val,

PLEASE do not get Mirena!!! There have been lawsuits over this awful drug, which IS also an IUD. It is very, very similiar to the BC "shot" that was the rage 20 yrs ago. It is made from a synthetic form of Progesterone, which is a progestin. Please, please get a new Gyne!!!

Terri

I don't know any other way to shed. I have a problem with uterine proliferation. Gyn wants me to get Mirena (progestin IUD) but it's $1,000 and the idea kinda' bothers me. Has anyone else on the list ever gotten one?

Guest guest

No, I don't think she does, Gael.  I think she thinks that without a uterus, there is no need for progesterone.  Adrenals produce some progesterone.  I'd forgotten you'd had a hyst. Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of gaelgreen@...Does Dr. G think that cycling without a uterus every three months is a good thing? Thanks, Terri. This is an article my doc gave me a year+ ago and begged me to stop cycling:http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Fulltext/2009/12000/Endometrial_Cancer_in_Postmenopausal_Women_Using.7.aspx?WT.mc_id=EMxj00x20101215xL4Larrian Gillespie, MD (Menopause Diet) was really negative about the article. She thinks a shed about every three months is good.My lining was 13.7 mm two years ago when I had a D & C. After a year of cycling, it was 4.5 mm. I stopped cycling and took 100 mg Prometrium for a year. Now, the lining, at last measurement is 10.7. My blood sugar went up to 120 while on daily Prometrium. After reducing to 200 mg/day for 10 days/m, BG dropped to 84. From what I'm reading, Mirena has a high dropout rate (over 30%) and weight gain is the biggest complaint. I don't need that.ValFrom: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Terri Cemail, PLEASE do not get Mirena!!! There have been lawsuits over this awful drug, which IS also an IUD. It is very, very similiar to the BC " shot " that was the rage 20 yrs ago. It is made from a synthetic form of Progesterone, which is a progestin. Please, please get a new Gyne!!!I don't know any other way to shed. I have a problem with uterine proliferation. Gyn wants me to get Mirena (progestin IUD) but it's $1,000 and the idea kinda' bothers me. Has anyone else on the list ever gotten one?_,_._,___

Guest guest

Yep, had a hyst five years ago. My last progesterone measured at .15, in the very low range.

Happy New Year!

Gael

No, I don't think she does, Gael. I think she thinks that without a uterus, there is no need for progesterone. Adrenals produce some progesterone. I'd forgotten you'd had a hyst.

Val

From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of gaelgreen@...Does Dr. G think that cycling without a uterus every three months is a good thing?

Val

From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Terri Cemail,

I don't know any other way to shed. I have a problem with uterine proliferation. Gyn wants me to get Mirena (progestin IUD) but it's $1,000 and the idea kinda' bothers me. Has anyone else on the list ever gotten one?_,_._,___

Guest guest

Hi,How many women here are cycling for a period as opposed to static dosing? Have you felt any noticeable differences between the two?As always, thanks in advance.Nita To: rhythmicliving Sent: Monday,

January 2, 2012 2:44 PM Subject: Re: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Yep, had a hyst five years ago. My last progesterone measured at .15, in the very low range.

Happy New Year!

Gael

No, I don't think she does, Gael. I think she thinks that without a uterus, there is no need for progesterone. Adrenals produce some progesterone. I'd forgotten you'd had a hyst.

Val

From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of gaelgreen@...Does Dr. G think that cycling without a uterus every three months is a good thing?

Thanks, Terri. This is an article my doc gave me a year+ ago and begged me to stop cycling: http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Fulltext/2009/12000/Endometrial_Cancer_in_Postmenopausal_Women_Using.7.aspx?WT.mc_id=EMxj00x20101215xL4 Larrian Gillespie, MD (Menopause Diet) was really negative about the article. She thinks a shed about every three months is good. My lining was 13.7 mm two years ago when I had a D & C. After a year of cycling, it was 4.5 mm. I stopped cycling and took 100 mg Prometrium for a year. Now, the lining, at last measurement is 10.7. My blood sugar went up to 120 while on daily Prometrium. After reducing to 200 mg/day for 10 days/m, BG dropped to 84. From what I'm reading, Mirena has a high dropout rate (over 30%) and weight gain is the biggest complaint. I don't need that.

Val

I don't know any other way to shed. I have a problem with uterine proliferation. Gyn wants me to get Mirena (progestin IUD) but it's $1,000 and the idea kinda' bothers me. Has anyone else on the list ever gotten one?_,_._,___

Guest guest

Glo, Prometrium is a Bio-Identical form of Progesterone. I am not aware of any other form of this except oral. There are many studies in Europe where Bio-Identical hormones were used..there are some done recently in the U.S...but they are pretty well hidden. Although, some Cancer Centers have been doing some also. If you read Dr Vliet's books, there is access to some of them, but these were done like 10-15yrs ago..funny that they are not well publicized. Terri To: "rhythmicliving " <rhythmicliving > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 10:15 AM Subject: Re: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Hi Terri,

I have been cycling 100mgs Prometrium (vaginally) twelve days a month. After quickly looking over that research paper/article, I wondered if Prometrium is considered a "progestin"? It isn't, is it? (I'm not sure?)

I think that this is what threw "off" the study whereby the results were published in 2005 ... that put such a scare in so many women? So much so, many women did just that?

There isn't a published study out there, that reflects results where one used "progesterone" vs "progestins", is there?

Best,

Glo

To: "rhythmicliving " <rhythmicliving > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 9:30 AMSubject: Re: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Val,

I could take that study more seriously if they had used REAL progesterone instead of progestins(fake progesterone).

Terri

To: rhythmicliving Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 9:29 PMSubject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Val

Val,

Terri

Guest guest

Everyone should "cycle" their hormones..even without a uterus. All sex hormones should be replaced in a cycle..JMHO.Terri To: rhythmicliving Sent: Monday, January 2,

2012 4:44 PM Subject: Re: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Happy New Year!

Gael

Val

Thanks, Terri. This is an article my doc gave me a year+ ago and begged me to stop cycling: http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Fulltext/2009/12000/Endometrial_Cancer_in_Postmenopausal_Women_Using.7.aspx?WT.mc_id=EMxj00x20101215xL4 Larrian Gillespie, MD (Menopause Diet) was really negative about the article. She thinks a shed about every three months is good. My lining was 13.7 mm two years ago when I had a D & C. After a year of cycling, it was 4.5 mm. I stopped cycling and took 100 mg Prometrium for a year. Now, the lining, at last measurement is 10.7. My blood sugar went up to 120 while on daily Prometrium. After reducing to 200 mg/day for 10 days/m, BG dropped to 84. From what I'm reading, Mirena has a high dropout rate (over 30%) and weight gain is the biggest complaint. I don't need that.

Val

Guest guest

Prometrium is bioidentical progesterone.  I think the scare was the Women's Health Initiative (WHI).  It found a slight, but significant, increase in breast cancer with horse pee (Premarin) + a synthetic progestin.  Interestinely, it found a slight (but not significant) decrease in BC with the horse pee alone. It was stopped because of stoke incidence (I think).  I don't think there has ever been a correlation between stroke and transdermal estrogen.  I do not take oral estrogen. I've not found any good research on progesterone but I haven't really looked lately. How does the vaginal Prometrium work for you? Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of GloryHi Terri, I have been cycling 100mgs Prometrium (vaginally) twelve days a month. After quickly looking over that research paper/article, I wondered if Prometrium is considered a " progestin " ? It isn't, is it? (I'm not sure?) I think that this is what threw " off " the study whereby the results were published in 2005 ... that put such a scare in so many women? So much so, many women did just that? There isn't a published study out there, that reflects results where one used " progesterone " vs " progestins " , is there? Best,Glo Val, I could take that study more seriously if they had used REAL progesterone instead of progestins(fake progesterone).Terri To: rhythmicliving Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 9:29 PMSubject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause Thanks, Terri. This is an article my doc gave me a year+ ago and begged me to stop cycling:http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Fulltext/2009/12000/Endometrial_Cancer_in_Postmenopausal_Women_Using.7.aspx?WT.mc_id=EMxj00x20101215xL4 Larrian Gillespie, MD (Menopause Diet) was really negative about the article. She thinks a shed about every three months is good. My lining was 13.7 mm two years ago when I had a D & C. After a year of cycling, it was 4.5 mm. I stopped cycling and took 100 mg Prometrium for a year. Now, the lining, at last measurement is 10.7. My blood sugar went up to 120 while on daily Prometrium. After reducing to 200 mg/day for 10 days/m, BG dropped to 84. From what I'm reading, Mirena has a high dropout rate (over 30%) and weight gain is the biggest complaint. I don't need that. Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Terri CemailVal, PLEASE do not get Mirena!!! There have been lawsuits over this awful drug, which IS also an IUD. It is very, very similiar to the BC " shot " that was the rage 20 yrs ago. It is made from a synthetic form of Progesterone, which is a progestin. Please, please get a new Gyne!!!Terri I don't know any other way to shed. I have a problem with uterine proliferation. Gyn wants me to get Mirena (progestin IUD) but it's $1,000 and the idea kinda' bothers me. Has anyone else on the list ever gotten one?

Guest guest

I related my experience earlier today - blood glucose went too high with static dosing of Prometrium. Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Anita ElsbreeHow many women here are cycling for a period as opposed to static dosing? Have you felt any noticeable differences between the two? As always, thanks in advance. Nita Yep, had a hyst five years ago. My last progesterone measured at .15, in the very low range. Happy New Year! Gael No, I don't think she does, Gael. I think she thinks that without a uterus, there is no need for progesterone. Adrenals produce some progesterone. I'd forgotten you'd had a hyst.ValFrom: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of gaelgreen@...Does Dr. G think that cycling without a uterus every three months is a good thing?Thanks, Terri. This is an article my doc gave me a year+ ago and begged me to stop cycling:http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Fulltext/2009/12000/Endometrial_Cancer_in_Postmenopausal_Women_Using.7.aspx?WT.mc_id=EMxj00x20101215xL4Larrian Gillespie, MD (Menopause Diet) was really negative about the article. She thinks a shed about every three months is good.My lining was 13.7 mm two years ago when I had a D & C. After a year of cycling, it was 4.5 mm. I stopped cycling and took 100 mg Prometrium for a year. Now, the lining, at last measurement is 10.7. My blood sugar went up to 120 while on daily Prometrium. After reducing to 200 mg/day for 10 days/m, BG dropped to 84. From what I'm reading, Mirena has a high dropout rate (over 30%) and weight gain is the biggest complaint. I don't need that.ValFrom: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Terri Cemail, PLEASE do not get Mirena!!! There have been lawsuits over this awful drug, which IS also an IUD. It is very, very similiar to the BC " shot " that was the rage 20 yrs ago. It is made from a synthetic form of Progesterone, which is a progestin. Please, please get a new Gyne!!!I don't know any other way to shed. I have a problem with uterine proliferation. Gyn wants me to get Mirena (progestin IUD) but it's $1,000 and the idea kinda' bothers me. Has anyone else on the list ever gotten one?_,_._,___

Guest guest

I cycle..and feel great.Terri To: "rhythmicliving " <rhythmicliving > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 5:23 PM Subject: Re: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Hi,How many women here are cycling for a period as opposed to static dosing? Have you felt any noticeable differences between the two?As always, thanks in advance.Nita From:

"gaelgreen@..." To: rhythmicliving Sent: Monday,

January 2, 2012 2:44 PM Subject: Re: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Happy New Year!

Gael

Val

Val

Guest guest

I'm on the fence about it because of the terrible effect P has on me. My current bout of vertigo began two weeks ago when I applied the tiniest of doses of progesterone transdermally for only five days. The day I stopped, the vertigo began and has not abated. It's not very severe but it reminds me of the last time I used P before this, when the vertigo was so severe I could not get out of bed for days. I never want to go through that again. I have no idea why externally supplied P affects me in this way. I was never on Wiley and never OD'd on it so far as I know. I only did the five day trial recently because my P came back at .15 on a blood test for hormone levels.

Also, after menopause our bodies do not naturally cycle, other than possibly in ways we don't understand and wouldn't know what to supplement for. This also gives me pause. I would not be using estrogen if it were not for the fact that I get vertigo and terrible hot flashes when I try to go off it. I don't seem to be able to do without it at this point. I have been on it for ten years, and have an ovarian cyst, and of course this all worries me greatly.

Gael

Everyone should "cycle" their hormones..even without a uterus. All sex hormones should be replaced in a cycle..JMHO.

Terri

Guest guest

If I didn't have a uterus, I wouldn't touch progesterone with a 10-foot pole. If it makes you feel badly, don't do it. For all we know, progesterone may act just like progestins for breast cancer. My gyn says progesterone tests are norariously inaccurate. Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of gaelgreen@...I'm on the fence about it because of the terrible effect P has on me. My current bout of vertigo began two weeks ago when I applied the tiniest of doses of progesterone transdermally for only five days. The day I stopped, the vertigo began and has not abated. It's not very severe but it reminds me of the last time I used P before this, when the vertigo was so severe I could not get out of bed for days. I never want to go through that again. I have no idea why externally supplied P affects me in this way. I was never on Wiley and never OD'd on it so far as I know. I only did the five day trial recently because my P came back at .15 on a blood test for hormone levels. Also, after menopause our bodies do not naturally cycle, other than possibly in ways we don't understand and wouldn't know what to supplement for. This also gives me pause. I would not be using estrogen if it were not for the fact that I get vertigo and terrible hot flashes when I try to go off it. I don't seem to be able to do without it at this point. I have been on it for ten years, and have an ovarian cyst, and of course this all worries me greatly. Everyone should " cycle " their hormones..even without a uterus. All sex hormones should be replaced in a cycle..JMHO.Terri

Guest guest

Hi Val,

In my opinion, using the prometrium vaginally, is working much better for me .. than taking it orally or using transdermally. I'm not positive if because I was way overdosed on the P, for several years, caused me to be ultra-sensitve to progesterone? ... Or if maybe I typically (during my "productive" years) I did not produce much, thus my body is not used to what might be considered higher doses? But, I really feel like I have to be careful as to how muchprogesterone I am exposing my body to. The side effects (I'm sure I don't have to tell you) are awful. I think I probably have a few minor side effects on using that prometrium vaginally, but there are minmal comparitively.

I am hoping that using it the way I do (vaginally) may actually be more protective for me? I am one that gets estradiol pellets about every three months. So, I guess you could consider that constant (static) dosing on the estradiol? The only thing I cycle would be the progesterone.

Best,

Glo

To: rhythmicliving Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 7:50 PMSubject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Prometrium is bioidentical progesterone. I think the scare was the Women's Health Initiative (WHI). It found a slight, but significant, increase in breast cancer with horse pee (Premarin) + a synthetic progestin. Interestinely, it found a slight (but not significant) decrease in BC with the horse pee alone. It was stopped because of stoke incidence (I think). I don't think there has ever been a correlation between stroke and transdermal estrogen. I do not take oral estrogen.

I've not found any good research on progesterone but I haven't really looked lately.

How does the vaginal Prometrium work for you?

Val

From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Glory

Hi Terri,

Best,

Glo

Val,

Terri

Val

Val,

Terri

Guest guest

Hi, Glo -

This is my first post here. Please tell me the side effects you speak of. I'm post breast cancer and my oncologist Rxd transdermal P cream, but I'm concerned about the buildup, and I think intravaginally would be better.

Hi Val,

In my opinion, using the prometrium vaginally, is working much better for me .. than taking it orally or using transdermally.  I'm not positive if because I was way overdosed on the P, for several years, caused me to be ultra-sensitve to progesterone? ... Or if maybe I typically (during my " productive " years) I did not produce much, thus my body is not used to what might be considered higher doses?  But, I really feel like I have to be careful as to how muchprogesterone I am exposing my body to.  The side effects (I'm sure I don't have to tell you) are awful.  I think I probably have a few minor side effects on using that prometrium vaginally, but there are minmal comparitively. 

I am hoping that using it the way I do (vaginally) may actually be more protective for me?  I am one that gets estradiol pellets about every three months.  So, I guess you could consider that constant (static) dosing on the estradiol?  The only thing I cycle would be the progesterone. 

Best,

Glo

Guest guest

Hi Glo,

I’m going to have a consult for pellets. I’m hoping this method will actually work for me. I’ve been wondering if E pellets alone are used. Do you get testo ones also? (I may have already asked this and you have answered, sorry if so!)

Another question for the group. Does anyone use P who does not have a uterus and use it vaginally?

Liz

Hi Val,

In my opinion, using the prometrium vaginally, is working much better for me .. than taking it orally or using transdermally. I'm not positive if because I was way overdosed on the P, for several years, caused me to be ultra-sensitve to progesterone? ... Or if maybe I typically (during my " productive " years) I did not produce much, thus my body is not used to what might be considered higher doses? But, I really feel like I have to be careful as to how muchprogesterone I am exposing my body to. The side effects (I'm sure I don't have to tell you) are awful. I think I probably have a few minor side effects on using that prometrium vaginally, but there are minmal comparitively.

I am hoping that using it the way I do (vaginally) may actually be more protective for me? I am one that gets estradiol pellets about every three months. So, I guess you could consider that constant (static) dosing on the estradiol? The only thing I cycle would be the progesterone.

Best,

Glo

To: rhythmicliving

Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 7:50 PM

Subject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Prometrium is bioidentical progesterone. I think the scare was the Women's Health Initiative (WHI). It found a slight, but significant, increase in breast cancer with horse pee (Premarin) + a synthetic progestin. Interestinely, it found a slight (but not significant) decrease in BC with the horse pee alone. It was stopped because of stoke incidence (I think). I don't think there has ever been a correlation between stroke and transdermal estrogen. I do not take oral estrogen.

I've not found any good research on progesterone but I haven't really looked lately.

How does the vaginal Prometrium work for you?

Val

Guest guest

, was your breast cancer progesterone receptive? Why has your oncologist rxd transdermal cream? Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of itsmelindadHi, Glo - This is my first post here. Please tell me the side effects you speak of. I'm post breast cancer and my oncologist Rxd transdermal P cream, but I'm concerned about the buildup, and I think intravaginally would be better. Hi Val, In my opinion, using the prometrium vaginally, is working much better for me .. than taking it orally or using transdermally. I'm not positive if because I was way overdosed on the P, for several years, caused me to be ultra-sensitve to progesterone? ... Or if maybe I typically (during my " productive " years) I did not produce much, thus my body is not used to what might be considered higher doses? But, I really feel like I have to be careful as to how muchprogesterone I am exposing my body to. The side effects (I'm sure I don't have to tell you) are awful. I think I probably have a few minor side effects on using that prometrium vaginally, but there are minmal comparitively. I am hoping that using it the way I do (vaginally) may actually be more protective for me? I am one that gets estradiol pellets about every three months. So, I guess you could consider that constant (static) dosing on the estradiol? The only thing I cycle would be the progesterone. Best,Glo

Guest guest

Glory, does the static dosing of estradiol and cyclic Prometrium produce a shed for you? Val From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of GloryHi Val, In my opinion, using the prometrium vaginally, is working much better for me .. than taking it orally or using transdermally. I'm not positive if because I was way overdosed on the P, for several years, caused me to be ultra-sensitve to progesterone? ... Or if maybe I typically (during my " productive " years) I did not produce much, thus my body is not used to what might be considered higher doses? But, I really feel like I have to be careful as to how muchprogesterone I am exposing my body to. The side effects (I'm sure I don't have to tell you) are awful. I think I probably have a few minor side effects on using that prometrium vaginally, but there are minmal comparitively. I am hoping that using it the way I do (vaginally) may actually be more protective for me? I am one that gets estradiol pellets about every three months. So, I guess you could consider that constant (static) dosing on the estradiol? The only thing I cycle would be the progesterone. Best,Glo

Guest guest

Val,

Yes, it does.

To: rhythmicliving Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2012 2:26 PMSubject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause

Glory, does the static dosing of estradiol and cyclic Prometrium produce a shed for you?

Val

From: rhythmicliving [mailto:rhythmicliving ] On Behalf Of Glory

Hi Val,

In my opinion, using the prometrium vaginally, is working much better for me .. than taking it orally or using transdermally. I'm not positive if because I was way overdosed on the P, for several years, caused me to be ultra-sensitve to progesterone? ... Or if maybe I typically (during my "productive" years) I did not produce much, thus my body is not used to what might be considered higher doses? But, I really feel like I have to be careful as to how muchprogesterone I am exposing my body to. The side effects (I'm sure I don't have to tell you) are awful. I think I probably have a few minor side effects on using that prometrium vaginally, but there are minmal comparitively.

Best,

Glo

Guest guest

Hi Liz,

I do get the testosterone pellets with my estrogen pellets. I never considered not getting those. Perhaps because the pellet doc's advocate both?

Initially I felt I did not like the results of the testosterone pellets. But once my body became accustomed (not sure that is the correct word?) I don't think would go without it. Since I began the pellet therapy, I have lost over 50 pounds and feel (for the most part) like I am getting my "normal life" back.

I started my pellet therapy in May of 2010 after unsuccessfully trying every other delivery method of BHRT.

Glo

Hi Glo,I’m going to have a consult for pellets. I’m hoping this method will actually work for me. I’ve been wondering if E pellets alone are used. Do you get testo ones also? (I may have already asked this and you have answered, sorry if so!)Another question for the group. Does anyone use P who does not have a uterus and use it vaginally? Liz

Hi Val, In my opinion, using the prometrium vaginally, is working much better for me .. than taking it orally or using transdermally. I'm not positive if because I was way overdosed on the P, for several years, caused me to be ultra-sensitve to progesterone? ... Or if maybe I typically (during my "productive" years) I did not produce much, thus my body is not used to what might be considered higher doses? But, I really feel like I have to be careful as to how muchprogesterone I am exposing my body to. The side effects (I'm sure I don't have to tell you) are awful. I think I probably have a few minor side effects on using that prometrium vaginally, but there are minmal comparitively. I am hoping that using it the way I do

(vaginally) may actually be more protective for me? I am one that gets estradiol pellets about every three months. So, I guess you could consider that constant (static) dosing on the estradiol? The only thing I cycle would be the progesterone. Best,GloTo: rhythmicliving Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 7:50 PMSubject: RE: Re: Induced Period vs No Period Post Menopause Prometrium is bioidentical progesterone. I think the scare was the Women's Health Initiative (WHI). It found a slight, but significant, increase in breast cancer with horse pee (Premarin) + a synthetic progestin.

Interestinely, it found a slight (but not significant) decrease in BC with the horse pee alone. It was stopped because of stoke incidence (I think). I don't think there has ever been a correlation between stroke and transdermal estrogen. I do not take oral estrogen. I've not found any good research on progesterone but I haven't really looked lately. How does the vaginal Prometrium work for you? Val