RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

New to the Group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Annie,

Welcome to the group. I too have FMS along with a host of other tidbits.

I have found great empathy and support from everyone here. I hope you find

the same.

Kathleen in Calif.

Guest guest

Hi Kathleen,

Thanks for the warm welcome. How are you doing today? Hope you're having a

pain-free day. As we all know those don't come too often if at all.

I am trying to catch up on my posts today. Haven't been too well myself. I

was reading about Hope's kitty that had to be put to sleep. That just breaks

my heart! I just had to do the same just before Xmas. Her name was Snuggles

and she was going to be 11 on March 5th. She died of mammary cancer. She was

a healthy vibrant and beautiful calico who just went downhill real fast. I

can certainly relate with Hope's pain. I have three other kitties...(all

female..lol) and they are like our kids! I do have one daughter and one

grandaughter who live in Rhode Island. I live in Mass.

How about you? Where do you live? Do you have children? Little furry

friends?? lol

Have a good day!

Hugs,

Annie

Guest guest

Also, my doctor is recommending RAI. I've heard horror stories, so I

wanted to see if any of you have gone through RAI, or a thyroidectomy?

>

> Hi,

>

> I'm new to the group, and wanted to introduce myself. My name is

> Dani, I'm 35 years old, and I live in Frisco. I was just diagnosed

> with Toxic Multinodular Goiter, and joined the group to see if any

of

> you are going through the same thing, or can share your experience

> with me. I'm also trying to find a good endocrinologist in my area.

>

> Thanks!

>

Guest guest

Lorna- You say you have been having hypo symptoms lately, and you are taking supplements from a naturopath. I would suggest that you look for a connection there. A lot of herbs and nutriceuticals are goiterogens. Many of them have high levels of iodine which is contraindicated for most thyroid patients. Many supplements contain soy which can also make you hypo. As for your labs, that T3 test is the T3 uptake. It is an obsolete test which does not measure T3 levels. It measures thyroid binding proteins and is used together with the Total T4 to calculate the Free Thyroxine Index or T7 which is an estimate of the amount of T4 you have readily available to your cells. Since you are on Premarin, the Total T4 test is useless. You can actually order your own tests through HealthcheckUSA. dlbunger wrote: Hi everyone, thanks Jan for allowing be to become a part of the group. I am a 57 yr old female, been on 3 grains Armour for at least 15 years, not sure what dose before that. I started on thyroid in about 1980 to reduce a tumor/goiter which finally resulted in surgery. I was told that it was due to low thyroid. I have always had a body temp around 97 to 97.5. I

never checked and charted it on a daily basis until just the last few days per instructions of a naturopath which I see. It ranges from 94.4 to 97.2 in a days time. I also have started having hypo symptoms for about the last month. Extreme fatigue, headaches, loss of libido, brittle hair and nails, losing hair and hair getting much more gray, weight gain of 5 pounds(no change in diet), irritable and generally"hormonal", poor hubby!! Now these symptoms might have been mild longer than that but they are extremely obvious now.I take premarin, .625 and have since the early 80's following the removal of ovaries, I was 34 at the time. The uterus was removed when I was 23. I take quite a few supplements as well. Most of these I started in July when I started going to the naturopath. I was extremely sick with what the md diagnosed as acid reflux. Pill after pill and nothing

changed. That is when I found someone else and started on digestive enzymes, no more reflux! I have other health issues, inluding severe adult asthma, began in1993. Lots of steroids which has caused avascular necrosis, which means death of bone. Have bilateral shoulder replacements and now have it in both hips and knees, and at some point those will be replaced. The steroids also did a number on my adrenals, which the naturopath is working on those. Too bad he can't order labs for thethyroid.My latest labs showed T3 at 34, range is 30-40, T4 at 10.8, range is 5.0-14 and TSH is .04, range is .34 - 4.82. I am going to a new doc on Dec 8 which will do the Free T3 and T4, which is what I nowunderstand that I need. I'm not sure if anyone can give any opinions on any of the symptoms or labs but I welcome anything from anyone.I have had a major stress in the last year. Found out in

March that our home of almost 30 years has black mold and we had to move out.Living in a camper until we can tear down and rebuild. I'm sure thishasn't helped my adrenals, but it has helped the asthma and otherhealth issues.Sorry to write a book but felt I needed to say what is going on in order for ya'll to be able to have an opinion as all of these thingseffect my health, both mental and physical. Thanks for listening and look forward to your comments. Lorna

Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

Guest guest

Jan, I have checked all the supplements and none say they contain

soy or iodine. Some even specify they contain no soy. One thing I

started about 6 or 8 weeks ago is coconut oil, I understand it is

supposed to help the thyroid. Could that possibly be a problem?

Would iodine cause hypo or hyper symptoms? I took kelp one time and

was told at that time that the kelp caused me to be hyperthyroid. I

didn't think I was but the doctor did.

They naturopath is the one who suggested I get the Free T3 and T4

and a thyroid antibodies test done. There is a doctor at Sabre

Sciences that he works with and he wants the results of those tests

and will try to figure out what is going on along with the saliva

tests for the adrenals. I also get the hormone cream from him as

well.

I also wonder that since my temp has always been low if I have ever

had high enough thyroid levels. Any opinion on that?

As for getting the testing done from Healthcheck, how do you get the

blood drawn and to them?

Lorna

>

> Lorna-

>

> You say you have been having hypo symptoms lately, and you are

taking supplements from a naturopath. I would suggest that you look

for a connection there. A lot of herbs and nutriceuticals are

goiterogens. Many of them have high levels of iodine which is

contraindicated for most thyroid patients. Many supplements contain

soy which can also make you hypo.

>

> As for your labs, that T3 test is the T3 uptake. It is an

obsolete test which does not measure T3 levels. It measures thyroid

binding proteins and is used together with the Total T4 to calculate

the Free Thyroxine Index or T7 which is an estimate of the amount of

T4 you have readily available to your cells.

>

> Since you are on Premarin, the Total T4 test is useless.

>

> You can actually order your own tests through HealthcheckUSA.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Go to www.healthcheckusa.com and look at the testing, order them, and then

you will create a password and profile, etc......It will ask what city you

live in and tell you where you can go within your city to get your blood

drawn. You get the blood draw, then check the healthcheck site within about

3 days to see your results. They will also send you a hard copy within

about 8 or so days. I've been using them for over two yrs for my own self

treatment and I order what I want to for testing. They will tell you in

your paperwork what to say to the lab that draws your blood, for

presentation of your lab papers. I got a strange look the first time I did

this, but now they say they have a lot of other people bringing these papers

in, so no more strange looks. You CAN'T hurt yourself ordering lab work.

Healthcheck has one of their staff doctors listed on there. The lab always

asks what doctor, and I always say " See, there's his name right at the top

of the lab orders. " Some medical personnel are hard up to see that a person

can actually have control of their own lab work, lol.

Re: New to the group

> Jan, I have checked all the supplements and none say they contain

> soy or iodine. Some even specify they contain no soy. One thing I

> started about 6 or 8 weeks ago is coconut oil, I understand it is

> supposed to help the thyroid. Could that possibly be a problem?

> Would iodine cause hypo or hyper symptoms? I took kelp one time and

> was told at that time that the kelp caused me to be hyperthyroid. I

> didn't think I was but the doctor did.

>

> They naturopath is the one who suggested I get the Free T3 and T4

> and a thyroid antibodies test done. There is a doctor at Sabre

> Sciences that he works with and he wants the results of those tests

> and will try to figure out what is going on along with the saliva

> tests for the adrenals. I also get the hormone cream from him as

> well.

>

> I also wonder that since my temp has always been low if I have ever

> had high enough thyroid levels. Any opinion on that?

>

> As for getting the testing done from Healthcheck, how do you get the

> blood drawn and to them?

> Lorna

Guest guest

The coconut oil is not a problem. If your hormones contain estrogen, make sure you take them at least four hours from any thyroid meds. And in general when you start estrogen, you will need a larger dose of thyroid meds. If your temps continue to be low and you do not feel well over a long period of time, that would suggest that you need a higher dose of thyroid meds. I would not make that decision based on temps alone. And sometimes it takes a couple of years for your temps to come up even after you are on your optimal dose. When you log on to the Healthcheck

site, before you can order tests, you need to choose a LabOne location near you. Always use LabOne because they are the only ones who run the Free T3. They send you the paperwork and you take it to the lab you have chosen for your blood draw. They either send your results to you in the mail or you can access them online. Who is prescribing your Armour? Naturopaths cannot prescribe in Texas. dlbunger wrote: Jan, I have checked all the supplements and none say they contain soy or iodine. Some even specify they contain no soy. One thing I started about 6 or 8 weeks ago is coconut oil, I understand it is supposed to help the

thyroid. Could that possibly be a problem? Would iodine cause hypo or hyper symptoms? I took kelp one time and was told at that time that the kelp caused me to be hyperthyroid. I didn't think I was but the doctor did.They naturopath is the one who suggested I get the Free T3 and T4 and a thyroid antibodies test done. There is a doctor at Sabre Sciences that he works with and he wants the results of those tests and will try to figure out what is going on along with the saliva tests for the adrenals. I also get the hormone cream from him as well.I also wonder that since my temp has always been low if I have ever had high enough thyroid levels. Any opinion on that?As for getting the testing done from Healthcheck, how do you get the blood drawn and to them?Lorna>>

Lorna-> > You say you have been having hypo symptoms lately, and you are taking supplements from a naturopath. I would suggest that you look for a connection there. A lot of herbs and nutriceuticals are goiterogens. Many of them have high levels of iodine which is contraindicated for most thyroid patients. Many supplements contain soy which can also make you hypo.> > As for your labs, that T3 test is the T3 uptake. It is an obsolete test which does not measure T3 levels. It measures thyroid binding proteins and is used together with the Total T4 to calculate the Free Thyroxine Index or T7 which is an estimate of the amount of T4 you have readily available to your cells.> > Since you are on Premarin, the Total T4 test is useless.> > You can actually order your own tests

through HealthcheckUSA.

Guest guest

Jan, premarin is the hormone that I take orally and it is estrogen.

But I have been on it as long as I have been on thyroid, which has

been since the 80's. Of course I was never told to separate the

meds. I now take the Armour sublingually after reading that info on

the national thyroid forum.

I have been going to a general practice doc for several years and he

is the one who prescribes the thyroid. He only does the outdated

tests though. I have an appointment on Dec 8 to see another doc who

will do the Free tests and I also am going to ask her to do the

thyroid antibodies.

You said you would not make the decision to raise thyroid based on

temps alone. My other symptoms also suggest hypo but I have been

told that hypo and hyper have the same symptoms. ie. fatigue, hair

loss, brittle nails and hair, only I have some weight gain that I

wouldn't consider would be a hyper symptom. Would those symptoms

along with the low temps indicate low thyroid? And I have also read

that when the temps are low and they vary that indicates adrenals

and thyroid. Any opinion or experience on that?

Thanks!! Lorna

Guest guest

Jan, another question on the testing with Healthcheck. Would you have

a recommendation on which tests I need to order given the symptoms

that I have and the fact I take estrogen? The doc with sabre sciences

wanted to see the Free T3 and T4, T3 uptake and thyroid antibodies.

You mentioned that the T4 is useless if you take estrogen. I assume

you do not mean the Free T4? Thanks for your help. Lorna

Guest guest

Jan, one more question. Would you suggest a Ferritin, which I assume

is iron, test? When I looked on healthcheck iron was listed in one of

the test but wasn't sure if that included the Ferritin levels. I had

seen discussons on the other thyroid site about low Ferritin levels

and thyroid. I have so much to learn!! Thank you so much, don't mean

to be a pain and I hope I'm not. Lorna

Guest guest

Free T3, Free T4, temps and other symptoms together make a good basis for adjusting meds for most folks. Low temps can be related to adrenal insufficiency, low ferritin or even other medications such as some of those for high blood pressure. There is some overlap between hypo and hyper symptoms. That is why it is important to have blood tests. Just TSH is not sufficient because you could be high in T3 and low in T4, a typical situation for those on Armour. "Hyperthyroidism" is a diagnosis that can only be made when one is not on thyroid meds. "Overmedication" might be a better term to use for one who has hyper symptoms while on medication. Very often, however, those "hyper"

symptoms are in fact indications of adrenal insufficiency or thyroid hormone intolerance. Even if you take your thyroid meds sublingually, you need to separate them from the estrogen by at least four hours. Very little T3 and T4 is absorbed through the tongue. Most of it comes from what trickles down your throat. If this is a convenient way for you to take your meds, there is nothing wrong with it, but it does not confer the reputed benefits that some folks claim. dlbunger wrote: Jan, premarin is the hormone that I take orally and it is estrogen. But I have been on it as long as I have been on thyroid, which has been since

the 80's. Of course I was never told to separate the meds. I now take the Armour sublingually after reading that info on the national thyroid forum.I have been going to a general practice doc for several years and he is the one who prescribes the thyroid. He only does the outdated tests though. I have an appointment on Dec 8 to see another doc who will do the Free tests and I also am going to ask her to do the thyroid antibodies. You said you would not make the decision to raise thyroid based on temps alone. My other symptoms also suggest hypo but I have been told that hypo and hyper have the same symptoms. ie. fatigue, hair loss, brittle nails and hair, only I have some weight gain that I wouldn't consider would be a hyper symptom. Would those symptoms along with the low temps indicate low thyroid? And I have also read that when the temps are low and they vary that

indicates adrenals and thyroid. Any opinion or experience on that?Thanks!! Lorna

Guest guest

I will flag this post and get back to you later. I need to get ready for church.dlbunger wrote: Jan, another question on the testing with Healthcheck. Would you have a recommendation on which tests I need to order given the symptoms that I have and the fact I take estrogen? The doc with sabre sciences wanted to see the Free T3 and T4, T3 uptake and thyroid antibodies. You mentioned that the T4 is useless if you take estrogen. I assume you do not mean the Free T4? Thanks for your help. Lorna

Guest guest

I just looked at the site. Click on "Show All Tests." Ferritin is listed separately. The iron test shown by itself is for hemachromatosis and is not likely to be relevant for you.dlbunger wrote: Jan, one more question. Would you suggest a Ferritin, which I assume is iron, test? When I looked on healthcheck iron was listed in one of the test but wasn't sure if that included the Ferritin levels. I had seen discussons on the other thyroid site about low Ferritin levels and thyroid. I have so much to learn!! Thank you so much,

don't mean to be a pain and I hope I'm not. Lorna

Guest guest

That doc is asking for the older thyroid panel. He does not know what he is doing. If you order the Thyroid Panel II, you will get TSH, Free T3, Free T4. You will need to order "Anti-thyroid Antibodies" which includes anti-thyroid peroxidase antibodies and thyroglobulin antibodies. Total T4 also just called T4 is useless if you are on estrogen. Likewise, Total T3. Total T4 and T3 Uptake are used in a calculation to get the Free Thyroxine Index, an older, less accurate version of the Free T4 which directly measures Free T4 levels. If you also need a general health panel, the VIP plus II includes the Thyroid Panel II plus Ferritin, CBC, lipids, glucose, electrolytes, calcium, potassium, and other stuff, all for $125. The

only thing you would have to order separately is the antibodies. dlbunger wrote: Jan, another question on the testing with Healthcheck. Would you have a recommendation on which tests I need to order given the symptoms that I have and the fact I take estrogen? The doc with sabre sciences wanted to see the Free T3 and T4, T3 uptake and thyroid antibodies. You mentioned that the T4 is useless if you take estrogen. I assume you do not mean the Free T4? Thanks for your help. Lorna

Guest guest

According to many of the authorities that I've read on the internet, the

wild swings in temp (barring an infection of some sort) from low to higher

and back down to low, adrenal is the one that keeps this so confusing. I

believe it is who?---Dr.Lowe.com who has a comparison chart for all of this,

to determine which is which or combined. ly, I think that most of the

time it is combine, because one causes the other. I've had plenty of all

these symptoms, but have never tested for adrenal fatigue.

www.drlowe.com

> Jan, premarin is the hormone that I take orally and it is estrogen.

> But I have been on it as long as I have been on thyroid, which has

> been since the 80's. Of course I was never told to separate the

> meds. I now take the Armour sublingually after reading that info on

> the national thyroid forum.

>

> I have been going to a general practice doc for several years and he

> is the one who prescribes the thyroid. He only does the outdated

> tests though. I have an appointment on Dec 8 to see another doc who

> will do the Free tests and I also am going to ask her to do the

> thyroid antibodies.

>

> You said you would not make the decision to raise thyroid based on

> temps alone. My other symptoms also suggest hypo but I have been

> told that hypo and hyper have the same symptoms. ie. fatigue, hair

> loss, brittle nails and hair, only I have some weight gain that I

> wouldn't consider would be a hyper symptom. Would those symptoms

> along with the low temps indicate low thyroid? And I have also read

> that when the temps are low and they vary that indicates adrenals

> and thyroid. Any opinion or experience on that?

>

> Thanks!! Lorna

Guest guest

Hi Lorna,

I know that black mold can make people really sick with lingering

problems. My daughter and her little girl were exposed in S.A. and

it has taken them several months in a clean environment and still

having breathing, fatigue, etc. problems.

Your body temps look like you are hypo. You'll have a better

picture when you go to the new doctor and get the Free T's. Be sure

to post your results and you'll probably get some good advice.

Can you tell me about digestive enzymes? I was on omeprazole for a

couple of years and finally had to stop. It was causing more

digestive problems than anything else, but I still grapple with

heartburn sometimes. Thanks and welcome to the group!

>

That is when I found someone else

> and started on digestive enzymes, no more reflux!

>

> I have other health issues, inluding severe adult asthma, began in

> 1993. Lots of steroids which has caused avascular necrosis, which

> means death of bone. Have bilateral shoulder replacements and now

> have it in both hips and knees, and at some point those will be

> replaced. The steroids also did a number on my adrenals, which the

> naturopath is working on those. Too bad he can't order labs for

the

> thyroid.

>

> My latest labs showed T3 at 34, range is 30-40, T4 at 10.8, range

> is 5.0-14 and TSH is .04, range is .34 - 4.82. I am going to a

new

> doc on Dec 8 which will do the Free T3 and T4, which is what I now

> understand that I need. I'm not sure if anyone can give any

opinions

> on any of the symptoms or labs but I welcome anything from anyone.

>

> I have had a major stress in the last year. Found out in March

that

> our home of almost 30 years has black mold and we had to move out.

> Living in a camper until we can tear down and rebuild. I'm sure

this

> hasn't helped my adrenals, but it has helped the asthma and other

> health issues.

>

> Sorry to write a book but felt I needed to say what is going on in

> order for ya'll to be able to have an opinion as all of these

things

> effect my health, both mental and physical. Thanks for listening

and

> look forward to your comments. Lorna

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

The digestive enzymes have been a major help to me. I take

Digestmore from Renew Life. It is supposed to be the most

comprehensive formula. In addition I take Bile Salts from DEW'S

Twenty First Century Products. The bile salts are because I do not

have a gallbladder. Before starting on these two things I could not

eat protein without stomach pain and nausea, not even in very small

portions. This had been going on for over six months after a round

of prednisone started the reflux problems.

I read on Dr. Rind's site (www.drrind.com/adrensupport.asp)about the

association of poor adrenal function and poor digestion and low

gastric acid. He said, and I have read in many other places as

well, that burning and acid reflux is often because there is not

enough acid, not too much. Yet the md's just push the acid

reducers, which for me only compounded the problem. I have always

taken an active role in my health care and thought for myself but

the experience with the acid reflux really catapulted me into an

even more active role.

I had a lot of inflammation in my digestive tract and took some

supplements to help that as well. I am now ready to start on

betaine, which is hydroclhoric acid, to see if I need it in addition

to the enzymes and bile salts. If you want anymore info please let

me know. I have learned so much here and will be glad to share

anything that will help others.

I feel for your daughter and grand-daughter. The only reason I

discovered the mold was because I started with a new pulmonologist

who insisted I leave my house for a few days when I got so sick last

January. We had had an unusually wet fall and winter and evidently

that made the mold very, very active. The fall and winter had been

my worst time of year for asthma but that is not uncommon for

asthmatics. Anyway, I left for what I thought would be a few days

and could never live in my home again. Within two weeks the chronic

cough of ten years was gone. I still have some lingering effects of

course but they are improving as well. Best of luck to your daughter

and grand-daughter!!

Lorna

> Hi Lorna,

>

> I know that black mold can make people really sick with lingering

> problems. My daughter and her little girl were exposed in S.A.

and

> it has taken them several months in a clean environment and still

> having breathing, fatigue, etc. problems.

>

> Your body temps look like you are hypo. You'll have a better

> picture when you go to the new doctor and get the Free T's. Be

sure

> to post your results and you'll probably get some good advice.

>

> Can you tell me about digestive enzymes? I was on omeprazole for

a

> couple of years and finally had to stop. It was causing more

> digestive problems than anything else, but I still grapple with

> heartburn sometimes. Thanks and welcome to the group!

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

, I was surprised to find that the hospital I use all the time

is the one that does the blood draw. So that was good news. I am

just curious, does the hospital send the blood or do I? I am so

excited to find out about this service. I go to a naturopath for

some things and of course he cannot order tests and the md's only

want to order what they " think " you need. My husband is also going

to order some tests. He is pretty healthy but always nice to know

some things when you are almost 60. Thanks a bunch. Lorna

>

> Go to www.healthcheckusa.com and look at the testing, order them,

and then

> you will create a password and profile, etc......It will ask what

city you

> live in and tell you where you can go within your city to get your

blood

> drawn. You get the blood draw, then check the healthcheck site

within about

> 3 days to see your results. They will also send you a hard copy

within

> about 8 or so days. I've been using them for over two yrs for my

own self

> treatment and I order what I want to for testing. They will tell

you in

> your paperwork what to say to the lab that draws your blood, for

> presentation of your lab papers. I got a strange look the first

time I did

> this, but now they say they have a lot of other people bringing

these papers

> in, so no more strange looks. You CAN'T hurt yourself ordering

lab work.

> Healthcheck has one of their staff doctors listed on there. The

lab always

> asks what doctor, and I always say " See, there's his name right at

the top

> of the lab orders. " Some medical personnel are hard up to see

that a person

> can actually have control of their own lab work, lol.

>

>

>

> Re: New to the group

>

>

> > Jan, I have checked all the supplements and none say they contain

> > soy or iodine. Some even specify they contain no soy. One thing

I

> > started about 6 or 8 weeks ago is coconut oil, I understand it is

> > supposed to help the thyroid. Could that possibly be a problem?

> > Would iodine cause hypo or hyper symptoms? I took kelp one time

and

> > was told at that time that the kelp caused me to be

hyperthyroid. I

> > didn't think I was but the doctor did.

> >

> > They naturopath is the one who suggested I get the Free T3 and T4

> > and a thyroid antibodies test done. There is a doctor at Sabre

> > Sciences that he works with and he wants the results of those

tests

> > and will try to figure out what is going on along with the saliva

> > tests for the adrenals. I also get the hormone cream from him as

> > well.

> >

> > I also wonder that since my temp has always been low if I have

ever

> > had high enough thyroid levels. Any opinion on that?

> >

> > As for getting the testing done from Healthcheck, how do you get

the

> > blood drawn and to them?

> > Lorna

>

Guest guest

Jan, the doc asked for Free T3, Free T4, TSH and T3 uptake. I meant

Free T4 though I said Free T3 And T4. Is the T3 Uptake the old out

of date test that you are talking about? Do I understand correctly

that if you get the Free T4 that T3 uptake is not necessary?

I am going to go with the VIP plus II, I think all those tests will

be beneficial. Thank you for your suggestions, I was a bit

overwhelmed when I saw all the various tests and didn't really know

where to begin. My husband is going to have some testing done as

well. He only has minor health issues but there are some things

that would be nice to know since he is 59 and hasn't had a physical

in more years than I can remember. Thanks so much.

Lorna

> Jan, another question on the testing with Healthcheck. Would

you have

> a recommendation on which tests I need to order given the symptoms

> that I have and the fact I take estrogen? The doc with sabre

sciences

> wanted to see the Free T3 and T4, T3 uptake and thyroid

antibodies.

> You mentioned that the T4 is useless if you take estrogen. I

assume

> you do not mean the Free T4? Thanks for your help. Lorna

>

> ---------------------------------

> Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

>

Guest guest

The hospital sends the blood to the lab. I don't know if they still do this, but there was an "About Thyroid" Discount. The code is 12345, which will give you about 5-10% off of thyroid tests. If you need a test that you do not see, just call them. They do not list all tests online. dlbunger wrote: , I was surprised to find that the hospital I use all the time is the one that does the blood draw. So that was good news. I am just curious, does the hospital

send the blood or do I? I am so excited to find out about this service. I go to a naturopath for some things and of course he cannot order tests and the md's only want to order what they "think" you need. My husband is also going to order some tests. He is pretty healthy but always nice to know some things when you are almost 60. Thanks a bunch. Lorna

Guest guest

Lorna,

Well, thank you very much! That was most informative. I will look

into the enzymes. I've heard about them before but haven't followed

through. The only reason I got on those prescription anti-acids was

because at one time I had two ulcers from taking too much advil over

the years. I don't know what, if anything, that has to do with

stomach acid. Sigh ... I have written down the Digestmore

information. I suppose it's available via the internet? I don't

have a gallbladder either! And I do get nauseated sometimes.

Hmmmmmm ... so I'll look into the bile salts also.

I think it's fortunate that you found out your house was making you

sick. But on the other hand, to have to move out forever, that's

just sad. All in all, I'm glad you're improving!

Thanks again!

>

> Hi ,

>

> The digestive enzymes have been a major help to me. I take

> Digestmore from Renew Life. It is supposed to be the most

> comprehensive formula. In addition I take Bile Salts from DEW'S

> Twenty First Century Products. The bile salts are because I do

not

> have a gallbladder

Guest guest

Way too many people who have their gall bladder removed are NEVER told that

something was taken out that is a reservoir for something that's essential

for digesting fats and such, namely bile acids. My daughter has hers out

for the last 3 yrs and was never told this, except by me, and, you guessed

it-------doesn't take them and has never bought them. It just doesn't make

sense what the medical profession doesn't tell people. I KNOW that they

know this very simple thing.

> Lorna,

>

> Well, thank you very much! That was most informative. I will look

> into the enzymes. I've heard about them before but haven't followed

> through. The only reason I got on those prescription anti-acids was

> because at one time I had two ulcers from taking too much advil over

> the years. I don't know what, if anything, that has to do with

> stomach acid. Sigh ... I have written down the Digestmore

> information. I suppose it's available via the internet? I don't

> have a gallbladder either! And I do get nauseated sometimes.

> Hmmmmmm ... so I'll look into the bile salts also.

>

> I think it's fortunate that you found out your house was making you

> sick. But on the other hand, to have to move out forever, that's

> just sad. All in all, I'm glad you're improving!

>

> Thanks again!

>

>

>

> >

> > Hi ,

> >

> > The digestive enzymes have been a major help to me. I take

> > Digestmore from Renew Life. It is supposed to be the most

> > comprehensive formula. In addition I take Bile Salts from DEW'S

> > Twenty First Century Products. The bile salts are because I do

> not

> > have a gallbladder

Guest guest

When you receive your paperwork, a little card will be included with it.

When you go to the lab, present the card and say " Lab One " . Some lab

workers seem to think it's funny that you're ordering your own tests. Don't

let anyone throw you, though. I have been asked questions (with a smirk on

his face, to boot) like " Is this a fasting blood sugar or not? " I promptly

answer " Of course it's fasting, 10 to 12 hrs, because those are the

instructions I have with me. " I was once asked (while the lab worker looked

at this very normal lab sheet in total bewilderment) " What all is involved

in this testing? " I said " You mean you don't already know? If you don't,

then call them or find out from your supervisor. " It even states, if you

look at the bottom of the lab sheet, what color codes and kinds of tubes are

used for different sets of tests, a child could read it. Believe me, I have

run into some REAL smart @$$e$ in this profession, to the point that I was

ready to turn them into their supervisors. Many get so involved in and

trained in doctors' orders, that they have no idea that people can do this

on their own and can read their own results. Duh, here is the result, over

here is the lab range, right beside it, even if you don't really know what

ml, etc..are. Unlicensed persons are often times treated like they don't

have a working brain in their skull, lol.

> , I was surprised to find that the hospital I use all the time

> is the one that does the blood draw. So that was good news. I am

> just curious, does the hospital send the blood or do I? I am so

> excited to find out about this service. I go to a naturopath for

> some things and of course he cannot order tests and the md's only

> want to order what they " think " you need. My husband is also going

> to order some tests. He is pretty healthy but always nice to know

> some things when you are almost 60. Thanks a bunch. Lorna

Guest guest

, I have been gone for two days and just now back to reading

messages. I do believe the DigestMore is available online. I

haven't actually looked but the website is www.renewlife.com, I'll

bet if they don't sell it there they can give you a list of who

does. That and the bile salts have made such a difference for me!!

Lorna

- In Texas_Thyroid_Groups , " "

<leoyellowrose@s...> wrote:

>

> Lorna,

>

> Well, thank you very much! That was most informative. I will

look

> into the enzymes. I've heard about them before but haven't

followed

> through. The only reason I got on those prescription anti-acids

was

> because at one time I had two ulcers from taking too much advil

over

> the years. I don't know what, if anything, that has to do with

> stomach acid. Sigh ... I have written down the Digestmore

> information. I suppose it's available via the internet? I don't

> have a gallbladder either! And I do get nauseated sometimes.

> Hmmmmmm ... so I'll look into the bile salts also.

>

> I think it's fortunate that you found out your house was making

you

> sick. But on the other hand, to have to move out forever, that's

> just sad. All in all, I'm glad you're improving!

>

> Thanks again!

>

>

>

> >

> > Hi ,

> >

> > The digestive enzymes have been a major help to me. I take

> > Digestmore from Renew Life. It is supposed to be the most

> > comprehensive formula. In addition I take Bile Salts from DEW'S

> > Twenty First Century Products. The bile salts are because I do

> not

> > have a gallbladder

>

Guest guest

Yes, we have had experience with Dr. Dobyns. If you send him MRIs he will

review for free. He is known to be the best specialist for PMG so I would

definitely send them to him.

Therapy is the only thing I know that helps hypotonia. We've been receiving

it since my son was 13 months old and he is 10 now and only a therapist

would know he still has a little hypotonia.

My son too had a large head at birth and has hydro.

11 lbs! Whew, he was big

Have they checked for hydro since the head keeps getting bigger?

Welcome!

Donna(mom to Trevor, 10 yrs old moderate PMG and BPNH, hydro, seizures,

Septo Optic Dyplasia syndrome, ect.....)