RemedySpot.com

LDN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I haven't tried it, but I think it is called Detrol LA. Let us know how it works! Marcie Jharbott <jharbott@...> wrote: Pete; Thanx for the info on Dextrol LA. My Dr was not in yesterday, so I'll have wait till monday to try Dextro LA. Jim Re: [low dose naltrexone] LDN Jim,I had the same problem with frequent night urination (4-5times a night). I tried Flomax also and it didn't do athing for me. Then I tried Dextrol LA. I worked likechamp. More often than not I don't go at all from the timeI hit the sack until I get up. If I

do go it's only once anight. Not having my sleep interrupted every night has beengreat. Try Dextrol LA.Pete> Anyone;> > I'm Jim H. from ND. I've been here for several years.> > Last July 7, 2006, I had a Hiatal Hernia operation. I was> in the recovery room for 3 months, then on home heath care> until now, Monday the 16th I go back to the hospital for 2> weeks intensive therapy to hopefully get walking. My> question is, since I got out of the hospital and started> LDN again, I urinate so much at night, during the day I'm> good, the Dr put me on flomacs too. What can I do to> correct this frequent urination at night.> > Thanx> Jim H>

Guest guest

Hi ,

You should be able to find distilled water at supermarkets, drug stores,

and hardware stores.

I believe ordinary tap water has too many impurities.

Cyberguy

Guest guest

cyberguy - u're right about tap water being contaminated with impurities!! i would never mix LDN with it!! don't know how the water would contaminate the LDN!!!

MARSHIRISSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

>

> hi everyone,i have been having great difficulty in trying to find

> anywhere that sells distilled water,can you use normal bottled

> water,any help will be greatly appreciated.

> john

>

==========

Wal-Mart, Target, grocery stores have distilled water.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Mine is kind of a 'dirty yellow', but I don't think it really has a

smell... but mine has been refridgerated already. (Yes, I had to go

smell it! I've never noticed the before.) By the way, I have Nodict.

>

> hi everyone

> i have just made my first ldn eventually after managing to source

> distilled water.can anyone tell me if it is suppossed to be a light

> color and smell not so nice.any advice appreciated

> john

>

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/1/07 11:06:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, djfarmbig@... writes:

have just made my first ldn

What did you do and how do you know it's really LDN? Is there a way to test it?

************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

HI JOHN SORRY CANT HELP YOU WITH THAT ONE I GO TO A COMPOUNDING PHARMACIST THAT MAKES FOR ME CHERRY LIQUID FLAVOR CAN YOU OR ANYONE WHY MAKE YOUR OWN ANY ADVANTAGE TO IT?DJ

[low dose naltrexone] ldn

hi everyonei have just made my first ldn eventually after managing to source distilled water.can anyone tell me if it is suppossed to be a light color and smell not so nice.any advice appreciatedjohn

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Great news! I will send you what I can find regarding the eyes, and regarding coffee (if I have anything saved).

Keep up the great improvements.

Aletha

[low dose naltrexone] LDN

Hi All;

Did someone say coffee should not be drank when taking LDN or when a person has MS?

Has anyone weaned off or cut back on there prescription pills such as muscle relaxers and be nerves for sometime while cutting back? My legs are improving while transferring,much stronger, if this keeps up I should be walking soon.

I seem to have large gray areas when blinking my eye lids, that is new to me. My MS Dr. when reviewing my MRI, June 07said, my MS is know longer active, would you think she meant I'm on the road to recovery? I should have asked exactly what she meant. My care giver, she has noticed much improvement in the last two months, my family had a reunion last weekend, had a great time, two months ago I wouldn't have attempted to go.

Jim

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't know anything about gradual dosing. For the UCSF study they put us on 4.5 and stayed there. I did have a few wide awake nights but love my provigil and it quickly resolved in a matter of days.

On 8/26/07, nwpacc <nwpacc@...> wrote:

I have been taking 3.0 mg of LDN for 1 and a half months. At what

point should I increase to 4.5 mg.

Thanks

Generally we suggest going up after a week or two if you are doing fine on the dose you are taking. For example. Start on 1.5 for a week. If you are doing fine (not too much in the way of side effects), then go up to 3.0 for a week, and then 4.5.

If you experience more side effects and cannot bare them, then we suggest taking it down a step. Many times you can bring it up to the next step later. But sometimes people tray again and again to go from 3.0 to 4.5 and just don't do well on 4.5. For them 3.0 is just fine.

I have been taking 3.0 mg of LDN for 1 and a half months. At what point should I increase to 4.5 mg.Thanks

I'm curious about what this may mean in terms of the UCSF study. I had no intolerable side effects at 4.5 but I wonder if others in the study did?On 8/26/07,

Aletha Wittmann <Aletha@...> wrote:

Generally we suggest going up after a week or two if you are doing fine on the dose you are taking. For example. Start on 1.5 for a week. If you are doing fine (not too much in the way of side effects), then go up to 3.0 for a week, and then 4.5.

If you experience more side effects and cannot bare them, then we suggest taking it down a step. Many times you can bring it up to the next step later. But sometimes people tray again and again to go from 3.0 to 4.5 and just don't do well on 4.5. For them 3.0 is just fine.

I have been taking 3.0 mg of LDN for 1 and a half months. At what point should I increase to 4.5 mg.Thanks

Hi Bonnie

When started he got 1.5mg from Skips and took that for two

weeks, then doubled it to 3mg for a week or so and then finished up

at 4.5. He doesnt actually have any of the stiffness symptoms that

others have anyway so never had problems at all. If you were

comfortable with 4.5mg then go for it but I think getting the first

batch in the 1.5mg mode is the way to go then you can higher or

lower the dose with ease.

Good luck

Bev & from San Fran.

> >

> > Generally we suggest going up after a week or two if you are

doing fine

> > on the dose you are taking. For example. Start on 1.5 for a

week. If

> > you are doing fine (not too much in the way of side effects),

then go up to

> > 3.0 for a week, and then 4.5.

> >

> > If you experience more side effects and cannot bare them, then

we suggest

> > taking it down a step. Many times you can bring it up to the

next step

> > later. But sometimes people tray again and again to go from 3.0

to 4.5and just don't do well on

> > 4.5. For them 3.0 is just fine.

> >

> >

> >

> > * [low dose naltrexone] LDN

> >

> > I have been taking 3.0 mg of LDN for 1 and a half months. At

what

> > point should I increase to 4.5 mg.

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> >

> >

>

I am sure that the building up to a 4.5 is a good idea. I'm just concerned that the design of the UCSF study contains 2 confounds: 1) dose is 4.5 2) study is only 8 weeks on the LDN. Seems to me that the side effects many of you describe in the first few weeks will impact the outcome and the duration of the study is so short it doesn't capture the the positive gains. Will the data even have validity? I suppose if it indicates positive gains, like I experienced, it may generate more research with longer and more carefully designed research. Or maybe it just allows more docs to write scripts by siting clinical trial data, that will be a very positive outcome.On 8/26/07, emmalemma777 <bevkean777@...

> Iwrote:

Hi Bonnie

When started he got 1.5mg from Skips and took that for two

weeks, then doubled it to 3mg for a week or so and then finished up

at 4.5. He doesnt actually have any of the stiffness symptoms that

others have anyway so never had problems at all. If you were

comfortable with 4.5mg then go for it but I think getting the first

batch in the 1.5mg mode is the way to go then you can higher or

lower the dose with ease.

Good luck

Bev & from San Fran.

> >

> > Generally we suggest going up after a week or two if you are

doing fine

> > on the dose you are taking. For example. Start on 1.5 for a

week. If

> > you are doing fine (not too much in the way of side effects),

then go up to

> > 3.0 for a week, and then 4.5.

> >

> > If you experience more side effects and cannot bare them, then

we suggest

> > taking it down a step. Many times you can bring it up to the

next step

> > later. But sometimes people tray again and again to go from 3.0

to 4.5and just don't do well on

> > 4.5. For them 3.0 is just fine.

> >

> >

> >

> > * [low dose naltrexone] LDN

> >

> > I have been taking 3.0 mg of LDN for 1 and a half months. At

what

> > point should I increase to 4.5 mg.

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> >

> >

>

Hi Bonnie,

Don't worry about it. 3 years ago and prior, no one started on 1.5 and built themselves up. They just went on 4.5 and if they had problems they went down to 3.0. We just found out later than building one's way up seems to work out better. But it should be OK the other way.

My best

Aletha

>

> I have been taking 3.0 mg of LDN for 1 and a half months. At what

> point should I increase to 4.5 mg.

>

> Thanks

>

=========

whenever you get ready to. There are no rules on how quickly one gets

to 4.5mg, I started at 4.5mg as have many others.

• 4 weeks later...

Jim,

I posted the same finding a few months ago. I also noticed that once I started LDN, I began to sweat like a normal person again. I agree with you, as your body is being able to use its natural cooling system, our body can tolerate heat better. I also noticed this week that my face is very oily in the morning which had not been happening in a long time.

On the other hand, my leg cramps that had improved with LDN, are back...

Ivy ....on LDN since March 17, 2007

dealing with MS since 1995See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

The black lab is adorable. Yes, swearing is a sign of proper hypothalamus activity. It is not a healthy sign not to sweat. Just like it isn't healthy for your hands and feet to be cold. The regulation is important.

Best Regards, Kathy

To All;

I've been on LDN 3 years and my doctor told me my MS is inactive, which I presume is good. Before my MS, I used to sweat alot when I worked hard, after coming down with MS I didn't seem to sweat, now I'm sweating again, does that mean I'm getting better? I sure have been feeling better and able to walk on the parallel bars.

THANX,

JIM H.

Hi everyone,

Can someone send a copy of the " welcome e-mail " to ? It has Dr.

Lawrence's web page listed in it. I am out of the country and don't have

my files with me at this time.

My best

Aletha

anyone give me dr lawrence contact details

> many thanks

> john

> ppms

>

>

Aletha

Send me email addy and I will send his the Welcome package as you and I revised it in August.

mjh

Posted by: "Aletha@..." Aletha@...

Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:30 pm (PST)

Hi everyone,Can someone send a copy of the "welcome e-mail" to ? It has Dr.Lawrence's web page listed in it. I am out of the country and don't havemy files with me at this time.My bestAlethaanyone give me dr lawrence contact details> many thanks> john> ppms>>See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Me too. Email patbillwood@.... I want my Doctor to talk to Dr. Lawrence

-- Re: [low dose naltrexone] ldn

Hi everyone,Can someone send a copy of the "welcome e-mail" to ? It has Dr.Lawrence's web page listed in it. I am out of the country and don't havemy files with me at this time.My bestAlethaanyone give me dr lawrence contact details> many thanks> john> ppms>>

Messages in this topic (0) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

FruitaBü Parents

on

teaching families

how to eat healthy.

Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Join a yoga group

and take the stress

out of your life.

Me too, my email is patbillwood@.... I want my Doctor to talk to Dr. Lawrence.

-- Re: [low dose naltrexone] ldn

Hi everyone,Can someone send a copy of the "welcome e-mail" to ? It has Dr.Lawrence's web page listed in it. I am out of the country and don't havemy files with me at this time.My bestAlethaanyone give me dr lawrence contact details> many thanks> john> ppms>>

Messages in this topic (0) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

FruitaBü Parents

on

teaching families

how to eat healthy.

Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Join a yoga group

and take the stress

out of your life.

• 3 weeks later...

I never told anyone to take LDN in the morning. I tell people to take

their LDN at night between the recommended hours of 9:00PM and 3:00AM.

You have me mixed up with someone else.

Art

--

>

>

> Hi everyone,I want to thank Art Hansen for telling me to take 1.5 in

the morning to help my vision,,and i friggen do not need a nap,it my

last i hope.THANKS ART

> _________________________________________________________________

> Send a smile, make someone laugh, have some fun! Start now!

> http://www.freemessengeremoticons.ca/?icid=EMENCA122

>

sorry Art it must have been some one from the ldn website,,dlpa was our chat.

low dose naltrexone From: rtee54@...Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:56:26 +0000Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Re: LDN

I never told anyone to take LDN in the morning. I tell people to take their LDN at night between the recommended hours of 9:00PM and 3:00AM. You have me mixed up with someone else.Art-->> > Hi everyone,I want to thank Art Hansen for telling me to take 1.5 in the morning to help my vision,,and i friggen do not need a nap,it my last i hope.THANKS ART> __________________________________________________________> Send a smile, make someone laugh, have some fun! Start now!> http://www.freemessengeremoticons.ca/?icid=EMENCA122> Send a smile, make someone laugh, have some fun! Start now!

Hi iam taking 4.5 dose at night when i wake up i take 1.5 wait 1hr then have breakfast,,iam getting better results with ldn!! more energy no more naps,?is this a okay dosage.Thanks spike

low dose naltrexone From: rtee54@...Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:56:26 +0000Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Re: LDN

I never told anyone to take LDN in the morning. I tell people to take their LDN at night between the recommended hours of 9:00PM and 3:00AM. You have me mixed up with someone else.Art-->> > Hi everyone,I want to thank Art Hansen for telling me to take 1.5 in the morning to help my vision,,and i friggen do not need a nap,it my last i hope.THANKS ART> __________________________________________________________> Send a smile, make someone laugh, have some fun! Start now!> http://www.freemessengeremoticons.ca/?icid=EMENCA122> Have fun while connecting on Messenger! Click here to learn more.