RemedySpot.com

LDN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/5/07 8:00:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, Aletha@... writes:

few things you can do" ask the chat group if anyone knows of a doctor in your area; you can do a phone consult appt. with either Dr. Bihari or one of the other doctors that is willing to prescribe over the phone (

Will Dr. Bihari perscribe over the phone?************************************** AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/5/07 8:00:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, Aletha@... writes:

few things you can do" ask the chat group if anyone knows of a doctor in your area; you can do a phone consult appt. with either Dr. Bihari or one of the other doctors that is willing to prescribe over the phone (

Can anyone recommend a doctor in the Woodstock NY area?

Thanks,

************************************** AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Hi Meghann,

Many here on the chat site have been through the same difficulty getting or finding doctors to prescribe LDN. It seems strange as it is FDA approved at a much larger dose, and it is so much more helpful and less harmful to take than the drugs that are prescribed for MS.

A few things you can do" ask the chat group if anyone knows of a doctor in your area; you can do a phone consult appt. with either Dr. Bihari or one of the other doctors that is willing to prescribe over the phone (with your medical records and a lengthy phone consult); or if no other option exists you could look into ordering it form one of the companies listed in the welcome e-mail. We always recommend going through a doctor if possible, but some people don't have that option.

I will forward on some old chats that have doctors listed in NC that have prescribed in the past to other chatters.

Hang in there

Aletha

[low dose naltrexone] LDN

If I can't get my dr. to prescribe LDN what do i do? I live in Va...is there anyone on here either in VA, MD, or NC thaqt has a Dr. that could help....My situation feels like it is geting worse and worse

Guest guest

For a doctor who prescribes LDN:

ask

http://ldn.proboards3.com/index.cgi

or Crystal

http://www.freewebs.com/crystalangel6267/index.htm

or Cyndi

http://www.skipspharmacy.com/

>

> In a message dated 3/5/07 8:00:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,

> Aletha@... writes:

>

>

> > few things you can do " ask the chat group if anyone knows of a

doctor in

> > your area; you can do a phone consult appt. with either Dr.

Bihari or one of

> > the other doctors that is willing to prescribe over the phone (

>

> Can anyone recommend a doctor in the Woodstock NY area?

>

> Thanks,

>

>

>

> **************************************

> AOL now offers free email to

> everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at

http://www.aol.com.

>

Guest guest

He has been doing that for my husband and several others. I don't know how he is doing at this time. It would be best to give his office a call and ask if he is back to working. He charges $500. for the first consult and then $250 for follow up visits.

His office number is 212-929-4196

Aletha

Re: [low dose naltrexone] LDN

In a message dated 3/5/07 8:00:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, Aletharedshift writes:

few things you can do" ask the chat group if anyone knows of a doctor in your area; you can do a phone consult appt. with either Dr. Bihari or one of the other doctors that is willing to prescribe over the phone (Will Dr. Bihari perscribe over the phone?**************************************AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

>

> Is there a special way to take the capsules? Empty tummy? With or

not with

> certain foods? Etc etc.

>

>

> **************************************

> AOL now offers

> free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at

> http://www.aol.com.

>

Doesn't matter.

Just make sure you take it between the hours of 9:00PM-3:00AM.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

bruce, how much do you take with that syringe? my son was told that this pharmacy only has 50mg. tabs, and that it's only prescribed for liver ailments!

marshirisAOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

the 4.9--- millileters = 4.5 mgs. - the desired dose? i read your chart, but am a little on the thick-minded side, (LOL), and don't understand how much = how much!!

marshirisAOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

>> i was wondering if anyone knows how to make ldn from tablets,and how > you would take it in that form.> thanks > john>The so called liquid method is one common way and instructions forthis abound both on this group and the internet. I have used itfor nearly 2 years. Basically I dilute one 50 mg naltrexone pill in 11 teaspoons of water and take 1 teaspoonfull of mixture per night. I keep the solution in the fridge. see my dose calculator page >> i was wondering if anyone knows how to make ldn from tablets,and how > you would take it in that form.> thanks > john>

Guest guest

>thankyou for the information

> ,

> I have been doing it that way for 2 years now. When I got my scrip

from the

> pharmacy, I asked for a 2 oz (50 ml bottle) and an oral dispense

syringe

> like you would use for a child.

>

> I take 50 ml of DISTILLED water and put it in the bottle and drop a

50 mg

> tablet into the bottle. I let it disolve. Takes about an hour at

most. I

> then shake the bottle, and remove the amount I wish to take with

the syringe

> and drink it. I then place the bottle in the refrigerator for

storage. I

> have had no problems doing that and do not find it a difficult

thing to do.

>

> I take mine between 9:30 - 10:00 pm every night.

>

> Regards,

>

> Bruce Guilmette, PhD

> Author: THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN JUST LIVING, A Personal Story

About

> Cancer Survival

> Survive Cancer Foundation, Inc.

> http://survivecancerfoundation.org

<http://survivecancerfoundation.org/>

>

> Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.

Each day

> has enough trouble of its own. Matt 6:34 (NIV)

>

>

>

>

>

> _____

>

> From: low dose naltrexone

> [mailto:low dose naltrexone ] On Behalf Of john

> Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 5:02 PM

> low dose naltrexone

> Subject: [low dose naltrexone] ldn

>

>

>

> i was wondering if anyone knows how to make ldn from tablets,and

how

> you would take it in that form.

> thanks

> john

>

Guest guest

I have been doing it that way for 2 years now. When I got my scrip from the pharmacy, I asked for a 2 oz (50 ml bottle) and an oral dispense syringe like you would use for a child.

I take 50 ml of DISTILLED water and put it in the bottle and drop a 50 mg tablet into the bottle. I let it disolve. Takes about an hour at most. I then shake the bottle, and remove the amount I wish to take with the syringe and drink it. I then place the bottle in the refrigerator for storage. I have had no problems doing that and do not find it a difficult thing to do.

I take mine between 9:30 - 10:00 pm every night.

Regards,

Bruce Guilmette, PhD

Author: THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN JUST LIVING, A Personal Story About Cancer Survival

Survive Cancer Foundation, Inc.

http://survivecancerfoundation.org

Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matt 6:34 (NIV)

From: low dose naltrexone [mailto:low dose naltrexone ] On Behalf Of johnSent: Monday, March 19, 2007 5:02 PMlow dose naltrexone Subject: [low dose naltrexone] ldn

i was wondering if anyone knows how to make ldn from tablets,and how you would take it in that form.thanks john

Guest guest

I have cut back to 4 mls per night. I started at 5 and kept it there fore a year, but 4 seems to work fine. My wife also uses it to help with her arthritis and as a basic immune system booster. So, a tablet lasts us 6 days.

Regards,

Bruce Guilmette, PhD

Author: THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN JUST LIVING, A Personal Story About Cancer Survival

Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matt 6:34 (NIV)

From: low dose naltrexone [mailto:low dose naltrexone ] On Behalf Of marshiris@...Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 5:27 PMlow dose naltrexone Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] ldn

bruce, how much do you take with that syringe? my son was told that this pharmacy only has 50mg. tabs, and that it's only prescribed for liver ailments!

marshiris

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Can I have some feedback from the group. My son, 21, has

been on ldn since September and feels terrific. Recently he has started

getting numbness in his hands and feet, up to the knees. He said it is better

when he lays down at night, and gets warm. He thought it was similar to my

Reynauds , but it does not sound like it to me. He told me his feet were numb

all day yesterday. He really has not had this symptom before. He had tingling

down his neck, and does have a lesion on his spine in his neck on the last MRI

in November. Sounds like MS to me.

Can anyone here tell me how they are doing on both LDN and

copaxone. Luigi, I know your son is on both. This new symptom has me pretty

worried. Thanks for all your help.

Althea, do you have info on copaxone and ldn.

By the way, we got a phone call from the Cleveland clinic about a study on copaxone.

I told them I might be interested if it was ldn and copaxone. Perhaps I will

call. If anyone else would want to do a study on ldn and copaxone, let me know

and I can give them some numbers.

Conni

Guest guest

Hi Conni,

I don't have any specific info on Copxone and LDN, but they seem to do fine together from what people report on the chat site.

What dose is your son taking with LDN and how long has he been on it? The last time I heard of a similar situation was about a year ago. After the chatter looked into everything it turned out that the pharmacy had changed the filler to another filler without telling anyone. They quickly changed over to another pharmacy and that did the trick. It is just an idea to look into.

My best

Aletha

[low dose naltrexone] Re: ldn

Can I have some feedback from the group. My son, 21, has been on ldn since September and feels terrific. Recently he has started getting numbness in his hands and feet, up to the knees. He said it is better when he lays down at night, and gets warm. He thought it was similar to my Reynauds , but it does not sound like it to me. He told me his feet were numb all day yesterday. He really has not had this symptom before. He had tingling down his neck, and does have a lesion on his spine in his neck on the last MRI in November. Sounds like MS to me.

Can anyone here tell me how they are doing on both LDN and copaxone. Luigi, I know your son is on both. This new symptom has me pretty worried. Thanks for all your help.

Althea, do you have info on copaxone and ldn.

By the way, we got a phone call from the Cleveland clinic about a study on copaxone. I told them I might be interested if it was ldn and copaxone. Perhaps I will call. If anyone else would want to do a study on ldn and copaxone, let me know and I can give them some numbers.

Conni

Guest guest

thanks for that.

i read about people using fillers ,what is that ,i take mine at the moment orally with a syringe.

thanks

john

low dose naltrexone From: bruce@...Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:22:23 -0500Subject: RE: [low dose naltrexone] ldn

I have been doing it that way for 2 years now. When I got my scrip from the pharmacy, I asked for a 2 oz (50 ml bottle) and an oral dispense syringe like you would use for a child.

I take 50 ml of DISTILLED water and put it in the bottle and drop a 50 mg tablet into the bottle. I let it disolve. Takes about an hour at most. I then shake the bottle, and remove the amount I wish to take with the syringe and drink it. I then place the bottle in the refrigerator for storage. I have had no problems doing that and do not find it a difficult thing to do.

Regards,

Bruce Guilmette, PhD

From: low dose naltrexone [mailto:low dose naltrexone ] On Behalf Of johnSent: Monday, March 19, 2007 5:02 PMlow dose naltrexone Subject: [low dose naltrexone] ldn

i was wondering if anyone knows how to make ldn from tablets,and how you would take it in that form.thanks john

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces. It's easy! Try it!

Guest guest

I would assume that you would not need to worry about that then.

The filler is the stuff they put in the pill form with the LDN. If the filler is a slow release type of filler then the med does not work property. Some people have problems also with different types of filler just to their own body and how it reacts. So, it is a good place to start looking when there are problems with LDN.

Aletha

RE: [low dose naltrexone] ldn

Regards,

Bruce Guilmette, PhD

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces. It's easy! Try it!

Guest guest

Thanks Althea. He is taking the 4.5 from Skip’s.

Everything else feels so good, including his eyesite and his energy level, and

he feels strong. Can you have numbness and not weakness or clumsiness or

spasms? Conni

Guest guest

Hi Conni,

He is definitely doing all the right things. Maybe if he feels like it is enough of a problem he can try bringing his dose down to 4, 3.5 or 3. However if he can deal with the new areas of numbness and tingling then it might be best to just stay where he is and work it through. Hopefully it will pass soon.

My husband had new areas of numbness and tingling when he first started at 4.5. Then we brought him down to 3.0 and the new areas of numbness and tingling went away. He stayed there about 1.5 years and then went back up to 4.5 and did just fine there too. He has been on LDN now for over 2 years.

You can have any combination of symptoms with MS, so his numbness without the weakness, clumsiness or spasms is not too unusual.

I am glad to hear that otherwise he is doing great.

Keep us posted

Aletha

[low dose naltrexone] Re: ldn

Thanks Althea. He is taking the 4.5 from Skip’s. Everything else feels so good, including his eyesite and his energy level, and he feels strong. Can you have numbness and not weakness or clumsiness or spasms? Conni

Guest guest

Have you read all the info on the msrc

website.

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=show & pageid=650 & CFID=1404825 & CFTOKEN=89119321

Also see extract below from a previous

email.

Tommy

Check out the following link:

http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=show & pageid=651 & CFID=1404825 & CFTOKEN=89119321

Also see post from Ozi Kemal on 25th Oct

06. I have pasted part of it below:

“I

get my prescription for LDN privately from www.e-med.co.uk.

It costs me £15 for a 3 months and I get the LDN in liquid form delivered from

a pharmacy in Scotland,

www.delivermyprescription.co.uk/

at £15 for a months supply”.

Also

available in Quinns Pharmacy, Gort, Co. Galway, Ireland. My daughter

got her prescription from Dr Phil Boyle, Galway.

low dose naltrexone

[mailto:low dose naltrexone ]

On Behalf Of john

Sent: 23 March 2007 17:32

low dose naltrexone

Subject: [low dose naltrexone] ldn

hi everyone,

could someone help me with something,i take my ldn in liquid form with

a syringe,and keep seeing you all talking about the it is compunded,i

live in scotland in the uk and ldn treatment is rare treatment for ms

in this country,i just want to make sure i am getting right so that it

has the maximum effect,i have just started 3ml.

thanks

john

Guest guest

I also live iin Scotland and get LDN from Dr Tom Gilhooly. I also have just started and take 3 ml. I also take it with a syringe.

Janice

[low dose naltrexone] ldn

hi everyone,could someone help me with something,i take my ldn in liquid form with a syringe,and keep seeing you all talking about the it is compunded,i live in scotland in the uk and ldn treatment is rare treatment for ms in this country,i just want to make sure i am getting right so that it has the maximum effect,i have just started 3ml.thanksjohn

Guest guest

Have you tried everything and nothing works? Not even alittle. Me too.

Let me know when You find something.

-- [low dose naltrexone] ldn

HI EVERYONELOOKING FOR SOME HELP,CAN ANYONE SUGGEST SOMETHING TO TAKE FOR SPASTICITY ALONG WITH LDN,THANKYOU JOHN

Guest guest

As soon as I started to take magnesium, I noticed that my spasms had eased up quite a bit. I started on the magnesium when I started LDN so I thought that it was LDN but sometimes I forget to take the magnesium and the spasms are worse. I take 5 or 6 magnesium tablets at 250 mg each. You have to find out what works best for you cause if you take too many you will have diarhea.

Hope this helps

Marie

[low dose naltrexone] ldn

HI EVERYONELOOKING FOR SOME HELP,CAN ANYONE SUGGEST SOMETHING TO TAKE FOR SPASTICITY ALONG WITH LDN,THANKYOU JOHN

Guest guest

Marie

Magnesium is a critically important -- and deficient in many -- mineral for all people, MS spasicity is not the only Mg deficiency issue, but one of many.

You might find Magnesium more effective when you take it in LIQUID form rather than as tablets or capsules. Milk of Magnesia, Natural Calm, Magna VIda, Mg citrate are options for you to explore.

Magnesium is not contraindicated when taking LDN.

mjhFive other low dose Naltrexone groupsldnsupport, LDN_Users, SpotlightLDN, Autism_LDN, NewGenLDNUsersProceedings of the 2nd LDN Conference, 2006, www.skipspharmacy.com

Posted by: "Marie Deady" mardea346@... j47md

Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:33 am (PST)

As soon as I started to take magnesium, I noticed that my spasms had eased up quite a bit. I started on the magnesium when I started LDN so I thought that it was LDN but sometimes I forget to take the magnesium and the spasms are worse. I take 5 or 6 magnesium tablets at 250 mg each. You have to find out what works best for you cause if you take too many you will have diarhea.Hope this helpsMarie----- Original

mjhFive other low dose Naltrexone groupsldnsupport, LDN_Users, SpotlightLDN, Autism_LDN, NewGenLDNUsersProceedings of the 2nd LDN Conference, 2006, www.skipspharmacy.comSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/2/07 4:11:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, b63powell@... writes:

It seems to happen fairly often. Once I take

antibiotics for

> the bladder, I always end up with a yeast infection

Before you rush into using antibiotics for a bladder infection, try taking extra C, cranberry and cantharis. You may never need an antibiotic ever again for your bladder.************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

Cyndi and all

We find that eating PLAIN yoghurt a couple of hours AFTER taking an antibiotic will help keep bowel flora in balance..... thereby side stepping diarrhea/loosestools and yeast infections.

mjhThreeLDN forums: http://www.ldnresearchtrust.org/forums/index.php?act=idxhttp://disc.server.com/Indices/148285.htmlhttp://ldn.proboards3.com/index.cgi

Posted by: "Cyndi Lenz" psychrn@... machi_33433

Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:08 pm (PST)

when you are done with your antibiotics you should take a probiotic to put the good stuff back in your gut.cyndiSee what's free at AOL.com.