RemedySpot.com

Need Advice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

the link didnt work b/c it was too long so broken, could you email me it privately or tinyurl it? just wanted to look to get some ideas as that is a good idea, I might try writing one for ours

On 8/21/07, Foley, Molly <mafoley@...> wrote:

That sounds like a great idea! If the article or flyer was put in everyone's box then she would certainly see it. I wrote an article for my moms club newsletter (

http://f1.grp.fs.com/v1/YGDLRlD5NydsnVGDseQNYfzLIwF-BD6ac-rfsDg6kVCYTI53QXwBWevVG59UCwWmDHXsBDfzrhpcqKy-w7k/News%20Articles%20about%20plagio%20babies%20or%20about%20helmets%20in%20genera/HelmetHeadFinal.pdf) to educate people about my son's band and was surprised when I actually heard back from a couple of people saying that they were concerned about their own child's head shape. I think including before and after pictures, either of your own child or some of the CT case studies, would really help to point out what a normal head should look like. Let us know what happens!

Molly

California

Nicolas, 22 months, tort & plagio, STARband 4/25/06-9/12/06, Graduate!

, 4.5

, 7.5

Re: Need Advice

Hi ,

This is where it gets hard, my suggestion is this. Ask the teacher if it'd be alright for you to make up flyers for the other parents in the center (not just the baby room), explaining what your child's helmet is for, so that you can educate them and let them know that it's okay to ask questions. Tell them that you want to do a pre emptive strike agains stares, that it would make you more comfortable.

That way you're not " calling out " the mother but are getting the information out regardless. It is really up them at that point whether to do something about it.

I had a similar experience but with an old co-worker who brought her son in who had VERY obvious Brachy. I ended up adding her to an email update about my son who was starbanded, send photo's of before and after, him in his band, etc. She ended up calling me and asking a bunch of questions because she was concerned for her son. She ultimatly went for an eval, ended up repo'ing him with great success, and didn't end up needing a band. However she would never have gotten the important repo'ing info she needed had I not sent that out.

It's a lot more " round about way " than the direct approach to someone who may at this point think nothings wrong and may be offended (as we all are) if someone points something out like that.

Just my two cents

Mother to , Starbanded 1/11/07-5/23/07candicedumerlin <candicedumerlin >

wrote:

Hi - I need some advice from you all. There is another child at Madison's daycare center who clearly has plagiocephaly. The child is probably about 9 months. I never see the mother in person to speak

with her. My question is: Do you think that I should leave her a letter and some info on plagio with my contact info, in her child's mailbox? I really do not want to offend her or start any problems at the center. I feel like I am already the complaining mother because I made a big deal over a substitute teacher who clearly had herpes simplex 1 (cold sores, fever blisters, sun blisters, whatever you want to call it- it is all the same.) It would not have been a big deal, but young toddlers require a lot of contact and I saw her on 3 occassions kiss babies. That is to contagious to take risks.Anyway, what do you all think? Should I leave some info for this parent?Thanks,, NY

" In the depths of winter, I finally found there was in me an invincible summer. "

-- -honoring;-11

-7-2ph-11/06 " We find these joys to be self evident: That all children are created whole, endowed with innate intelligence, with dignity and wonder, worthy of respect " -----Raffi

okay. so i guess that is what i will do. i hope the director does not get annoyed with me. of course i have to ask her first. i will let you all know what happens. thanks for the input. candice, ny"Foley, Molly" <mafoley@...> wrote: That sounds like a great idea! If the article or flyer was put in everyone's box then she would certainly see it. I wrote

an article for my moms club newsletter (http://f1.grp.fs.com/v1/YGDLRlD5NydsnVGDseQNYfzLIwF-BD6ac-rfsDg6kVCYTI53QXwBWevVG59UCwWmDHXsBDfzrhpcqKy-w7k/News%20Articles%20about%20plagio%20babies%20or%20about%20helmets%20in%20genera/HelmetHeadFinal.pdf) to educate people about my son's band and was surprised when I actually heard back from a couple of people saying that they were concerned about their own child's head shape. I think including before and after pictures, either of your own child or some of the CT case studies, would really help to point out what a normal head should look like. Let us know what happens! Molly California Nicolas, 22 months, tort & plagio, STARband 4/25/06-9/12/06, Graduate! , 4.5 , 7.5 -----Original Message-----From: Plagiocephaly [mailto:Plagiocephaly ] On Behalf

Of WalshSent: 21 August 2007 12:12 PMPlagiocephaly Subject: Re: Need Advice Hi , This is where it gets hard, my suggestion is this. Ask the teacher if it'd be alright for you to make up flyers for the other parents in the center (not just the baby room), explaining what your child's helmet is for, so that you can educate them and let them know that it's okay to ask questions. Tell them that you want to do a pre emptive strike agains stares, that it would make you more comfortable. That way you're not "calling out" the mother but are getting the information out regardless. It is really up them at that point whether to do something about it. I had a similar experience but with an old co-worker who brought her son in who had VERY obvious Brachy. I ended up adding

her to an email update about my son who was starbanded, send photo's of before and after, him in his band, etc. She ended up calling me and asking a bunch of questions because she was concerned for her son. She ultimatly went for an eval, ended up repo'ing him with great success, and didn't end up needing a band. However she would never have gotten the important repo'ing info she needed had I not sent that out. It's a lot more "round about way" than the direct approach to someone who may at this point think nothings wrong and may be offended (as we all are) if someone points something out like that. Just my two cents Mother to , Starbanded 1/11/07-5/23/07candicedumerlin <candicedumerlin > wrote: Hi - I

need some advice from you all. There is another child at Madison's daycare center who clearly has plagiocephaly. The child is probably about 9 months. I never see the mother in person to speak with her. My question is: Do you think that I should leave her a letter and some info on plagio with my contact info, in her child's mailbox? I really do not want to offend her or start any problems at the center. I feel like I am already the complaining mother because I made a big deal over a substitute teacher who clearly had herpes simplex 1 (cold sores, fever blisters, sun blisters, whatever you want to call it- it is all the same.) It would not have been a big deal, but young toddlers require a lot of contact and I saw her on 3 occassions kiss babies. That is to contagious to take risks.Anyway, what do you all think? Should I leave some info for this parent?Thanks,, NY "In the depths of winter, I finally found there was in me an invincible summer."

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

yes. my daughter is still in her helmet. it looks like that is what i am going to do.melissa <missy1dolfin1@...> wrote: Hi ,The first question i have is if your child is in a helmet or not ? then if yes i would say you should put info in everyone's mailbox about plagio, and that way you can say you just want to inform everyone on what your baby has , then she won't be offended .... just an idea , hope it helps . Plagiocephaly , "candicedumerlin"<candicedumerlin@...> wrote:>> Hi - I need some advice from you all. There is another child at > Madison's daycare center who clearly has plagiocephaly. The child is > probably about 9 months. I never see the mother in person to speak > with her. My question is: Do you think that I should leave her a > letter and some info on plagio with my contact info, in her child's > mailbox? I really do not want to offend her or start any problems at > the center. I feel like I am already the complaining mother because I > made a big deal over a substitute teacher who clearly had herpes > simplex 1 (cold sores, fever blisters, sun blisters, whatever you want > to call it- it is all the same.) It would not have been a big deal, > but young toddlers require a

lot of contact and I saw her on 3 > occassions kiss babies. That is to contagious to take risks.> > Anyway, what do you all think? Should I leave some info for this > parent?> > Thanks,> > , NY>

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

I know how you feel though. Has the woman ever seen your child in the band and just never thought to ask? I have seen babies which have brachy in the mall or wherever but mild. But I have seen 2 babies with obviously high moderate to severe brachy and have wondered about it. One was just in passing at target, the whole back was flat, the head was wide and you could tell from the front (where I saw first so it hinted to me t glance as I walked by) that the head was going to be flat b/c of the forehead. Another though is similiar in severity and is in our playgroup. There are 2 babies in bands in the group so I am surprised they have never asked.

That said though b/c of s band CT has sent info to the doctors office we go to. My mom who is a nurse said the doctor she works for must not have looked at it yet b/c they had a 4 mo old with a flat head go through and she doesnt think he said anything. But one of the receptionists has a baby born the same day as and she actually asked my mom about it and asked if my mom thought the doctor she sees (not the one I see) will say anything or if she should even mention it b/c his looks mild but after hearing about joeys and his head shape looking mild but not being she is worried. I told my mom that it cant hurt to go for a consult, it is free and they can help you see anything you may not be seeing if it is worse than you think. Plus the measurements can help you understand the severity too

On 8/21/07, Dumerlin <candicedumerlin@...> wrote:

okay. so i guess that is what i will do. i hope the director does not get annoyed with me. of course i have to ask her first. i will let you all know what happens. thanks for the input.

candice, ny " Foley, Molly " <mafoley@...> wrote:

That sounds like a great idea! If the article or flyer was put in everyone's box then she would certainly see it. I wrote an article for my moms club newsletter (

http://f1.grp.fs.com/v1/YGDLRlD5NydsnVGDseQNYfzLIwF-BD6ac-rfsDg6kVCYTI53QXwBWevVG59UCwWmDHXsBDfzrhpcqKy-w7k/News%20Articles%20about%20plagio%20babies%20or%20about%20helmets%20in%20genera/HelmetHeadFinal.pdf) to educate people about my son's band and was surprised when I actually heard back from a couple of people saying that they were concerned about their own child's head shape. I think including before and after pictures, either of your own child or some of the CT case studies, would really help to point out what a normal head should look like. Let us know what happens!

Molly

California

Nicolas, 22 months, tort & plagio, STARband 4/25/06-9/12/06, Graduate!

, 4.5

, 7.5

Re: Need Advice

Hi ,

This is where it gets hard, my suggestion is this. Ask the teacher if it'd be alright for you to make up flyers for the other parents in the center (not just the baby room), explaining what your child's helmet is for, so that you can educate them and let them know that it's okay to ask questions. Tell them that you want to do a pre emptive strike agains stares, that it would make you more comfortable.

That way you're not " calling out " the mother but are getting the information out regardless. It is really up them at that point whether to do something about it.

I had a similar experience but with an old co-worker who brought her son in who had VERY obvious Brachy. I ended up adding her to an email update about my son who was starbanded, send photo's of before and after, him in his band, etc. She ended up calling me and asking a bunch of questions because she was concerned for her son. She ultimatly went for an eval, ended up repo'ing him with great success, and didn't end up needing a band. However she would never have gotten the important repo'ing info she needed had I not sent that out.

It's a lot more " round about way " than the direct approach to someone who may at this point think nothings wrong and may be offended (as we all are) if someone points something out like that.

Just my two cents

Mother to , Starbanded 1/11/07-5/23/07candicedumerlin <candicedumerlin >

wrote:

Hi - I need some advice from you all. There is another child at Madison's daycare center who clearly has plagiocephaly. The child is probably about 9 months. I never see the mother in person to speak

with her. My question is: Do you think that I should leave her a letter and some info on plagio with my contact info, in her child's mailbox? I really do not want to offend her or start any problems at the center. I feel like I am already the complaining mother because I made a big deal over a substitute teacher who clearly had herpes simplex 1 (cold sores, fever blisters, sun blisters, whatever you want to call it- it is all the same.) It would not have been a big deal, but young toddlers require a lot of contact and I saw her on 3 occassions kiss babies. That is to contagious to take risks.Anyway, what do you all think? Should I leave some info for this parent?Thanks,, NY

" In the depths of winter, I finally found there was in me an invincible summer. "

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now

(it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

-- -honoring;-11

-7-2ph-11/06 " We find these joys to be self evident: That all children are created whole, endowed with innate intelligence, with dignity and wonder, worthy of respect " -----Raffi

i don't know if the parents have ever seen my daughter in her band. i would assume so though. i never see the parents because when i drop my daughter off, the baby is already there and when we pick her up the baby is gone. so it does not seem like we cross paths. Durocher <funwith4@...> wrote: I know how you feel though. Has the woman ever seen your child in the band and just never thought to ask? I have seen babies which have brachy in the mall or wherever but mild. But I

have seen 2 babies with obviously high moderate to severe brachy and have wondered about it. One was just in passing at target, the whole back was flat, the head was wide and you could tell from the front (where I saw first so it hinted to me t glance as I walked by) that the head was going to be flat b/c of the forehead. Another though is similiar in severity and is in our playgroup. There are 2 babies in bands in the group so I am surprised they have never asked. That said though b/c of s band CT has sent info to the doctors office we go to. My mom who is a nurse said the doctor she works for must not have looked at it yet b/c they had a 4 mo old with a flat head go through and she doesnt think he said anything. But one of the receptionists has a baby born the same day as and she actually asked my mom about it and asked if my mom thought the doctor she sees (not the one I see) will say anything or if

she should even mention it b/c his looks mild but after hearing about joeys and his head shape looking mild but not being she is worried. I told my mom that it cant hurt to go for a consult, it is free and they can help you see anything you may not be seeing if it is worse than you think. Plus the measurements can help you understand the severity too On 8/21/07, Dumerlin <candicedumerlin > wrote: okay. so i guess that is what i will do. i hope the director does not get annoyed with me. of course i have to ask her first. i will let you all know what happens. thanks for the input. candice, ny"Foley, Molly" <mafoleyscualum> wrote: That sounds like a great idea! If the article or flyer was put in everyone's box then she would certainly see it. I wrote an article for my moms club newsletter ( http://f1.grp.fs.com/v1/YGDLRlD5NydsnVGDseQNYfzLIwF-BD6ac-rfsDg6kVCYTI53QXwBWevVG59UCwWmDHXsBDfzrhpcqKy-w7k/News%20Articles%20about%20plagio%20babies%20or%20about%20helmets%20in%20genera/HelmetHeadFinal.pdf) to educate people about my son's band and was surprised when I actually heard back from a couple of people saying that they were concerned about their own child's head shape. I think including before and after pictures, either of your own child or some of the CT case studies, would really help to point out what a normal head should look like. Let us know what happens! Molly California Nicolas, 22 months, tort & plagio, STARband 4/25/06-9/12/06, Graduate! , 4.5 , 7.5 Re: Need Advice Hi

, This is where it gets hard, my suggestion is this. Ask the teacher if it'd be alright for you to make up flyers for the other parents in the center (not just the baby room), explaining what your child's helmet is for, so that you can educate them and let them know that it's okay to ask questions. Tell them that you want to do a pre emptive strike agains stares, that it would make you more comfortable. That way you're not "calling out" the mother but are getting the information out regardless. It is really up them at that point whether to do something about it. I had a similar experience but with an old co-worker who brought her son in who had VERY obvious Brachy. I ended up adding her to an email update about my son who was starbanded, send photo's of before and after, him in his band, etc. She ended up calling me and asking a bunch of questions because she

was concerned for her son. She ultimatly went for an eval, ended up repo'ing him with great success, and didn't end up needing a band. However she would never have gotten the important repo'ing info she needed had I not sent that out. It's a lot more "round about way" than the direct approach to someone who may at this point think nothings wrong and may be offended (as we all are) if someone points something out like that. Just my two cents Mother to , Starbanded 1/11/07-5/23/07candicedumerlin <candicedumerlin > wrote: Hi - I need some advice from you all. There is another child at Madison's daycare center who clearly has plagiocephaly. The child is probably about 9 months. I never see the mother in person to

speak with her. My question is: Do you think that I should leave her a letter and some info on plagio with my contact info, in her child's mailbox? I really do not want to offend her or start any problems at the center. I feel like I am already the complaining mother because I made a big deal over a substitute teacher who clearly had herpes simplex 1 (cold sores, fever blisters, sun blisters, whatever you want to call it- it is all the same.) It would not have been a big deal, but young toddlers require a lot of contact and I saw her on 3 occassions kiss babies. That is to contagious to take risks.Anyway, what do you all think? Should I leave some info for this parent?Thanks,, NY "In the depths of winter, I finally found there was in me an invincible summer." Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games. -- -honoring;-11 -7-2ph-11/06"We find these joys to be self evident: That all children are created whole, endowed

with innate intelligence, with dignity and wonder, worthy of respect"-----Raffi

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles.Visit the Auto Green Center.

>

> I am thinking about going on Copaxone Because I feel Ldn Did all it

can,

>

> My balance really went down, and I get more fatigued.

>

> Any suggestions can you do both.

>

> Thanks

>

>

>

==============

Dr. Bob Lawrence has a supplement protocol for when this sort of thing

happens. If you're interested in the protocol, email me at...

TwisterAlley2@...

Also, have you had candida yeast tests done or had a lyme test done

via IGeneX Labs to check for lyme?

You can do copaxone and LDN and it is hypothesized that they work together. I had a hard time with the injection site reactions. The copaxone is irritating to my skin and I ended up with bee sting looking welts at the injection area that would last for several days. I found it much harder to do the daily injections for copaxone than the eo day for betaserone, due to the irritation and the twice as frequent need to find a new injection area. Have you done any of the CRAB drugs? Also for me the end of Summer is a celebration! I always feel much worse in the heat. On 8/25/07, lkilcollin <lkilcollin@...> wrote:

I am thinking about going on Copaxone Because I feel Ldn Did all it can,

My balance really went down, and I get more fatigued.

Any suggestions can you do both.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I would stay put in French 2. If he went back, he might get the same clueless teacher. Maybe he could get tutoring after school from a higher level french student?

RoxannaAutism Happens

( ) Need advice

Hi all,Well, there's been a lot of anxiety leading up totoday. started high school (10th grade) today.He was very nervous about going to the high school. Ontop of things, he gets there and the schedule they'dgiven him on Thursday had changed since then. He hadclasses change. Luckily he hadn't already been to theclasses, so they weren't a big deal. But this is the3rd year in a row he's gotten his schedule 3 daysbefore and it changes the first week he's in school.Well, he gets to French 2 class, and the teacher saidthat if they had less than a C+ average for the yearin French I, that they should repeat French I. He hada D for the year. But I really feel it was because theteacher has absolutely NO understanding of 'sdisability-especially the OCD, and I think gaveup on trying in the class. He maintained an C for themost part. His exam is what brought his grade down. did not like the teacher, and the teacherdidn't want to bother with because didn't ask for help. Thus the self-advocacy goalsplaced in his IEP this year.Okay, here's my dilemma. We had his IEP meeting inMay. The team met. They discussed placement. Uh,nothing said about French. No one even toyed with theidea of him repeating it. They gain evaluations fromthe teachers for each student for their IEP. Theteacher had negative statements-mainly that he didn'tparticipate, etc. But nothing about content of theclassroom, etc. And certainly nothing about repeating.Now, the French II teacher didn't tell directlythat he should repeat the class, but it made himquestion it. And thus myself. I am not sure what to do. There is no guarantee thathe could get in a French I class during the time frameof the French II class. So, that could really createhavoc on his schedule. He is in supported classes forhistory, English and science. And a lot of times it'shard to change the schedule in order to have thesupport people in the classes he's in for thosesubjects.Should I persue his going back to French I, or let himcontinue in French II?Thanks for your input.-Melinda

>

> Hi all,

>

> Well, there's been a lot of anxiety leading up to

> today. started high school (10th grade) today.

> He was very nervous about going to the high school. On

> top of things, he gets there and the schedule they'd

> given him on Thursday had changed since then. He had

> classes change. Luckily he hadn't already been to the

> classes, so they weren't a big deal. But this is the

> 3rd year in a row he's gotten his schedule 3 days

> before and it changes the first week he's in school.

Yes, I hear you: I telephoned the school 2 weeks in advance to find

out which class my son - grade 6 - would be placed into this year so

that come first day, he would have an idea where to go on his own. As

they get older Mom can't just show up and be holding his hand into

class... talk about singling out a kid!

Well, I was told that the Principal would be in later that week...

nothing! I called again at the start of the week of school and was

informed that staff were 'in a meeting'.

MORNING of school, still no response. I asked DH to call and at last

there is an answer! This is literally minutes from school beginning.

Added stress for the children AND for the parents!

• 2 months later...

Anabel has her appointment December 3rd in Atlanta, she just turned 4 months. I just got off the phone and they said that we were doing this at a good time...even if she is going to be just about 5 months old by the time she gets evaluated. I would love suggestions also.

Keri

Where are you driving from....I live in Warner Robins, GA.

Plagiocephaly From: harita313@...Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:30:36 +0000Subject: need advice

Thanks for answering my previous post.My son pediatrician referred him for his measurements.I have an appointment for december 7 th almost a month from now.I have 2 questions.He is now 4 months waiting for 1 more month before he gets his measurements Is it ok or Is it going to be too late.(His doctor said he definately has plagio and kind of moderate)As per doctors office referral We are going to Children health care of atlanta. near northside hospital at perimeter in Atlanta.Has anyone been to this place any suggestions.Thanks,Haritha

Is this a place that once you get the measurements you can set-up

another appt. for either casting or scanning and then get the band?

If it is, then he would be able to get his band around 5 1/2 months

(which is totally fine) but if they have to refer you to a helmet

place then it won't be too late but you may miss a little bit of the

correction time but I honestly wouldn't worry. We banded at 7 1/2

months and my son improved 5mm (and outgrew his band at that point)

in 2 months time. It honestly depends on severity, age when

started, and when your child hits growth spurts.

lisa

>

> Thanks for answering my previous post.

> My son pediatrician referred him for his measurements.I have an

> appointment for december 7 th almost a month from now.

> I have 2 questions.

> He is now 4 months waiting for 1 more month before he gets his

> measurements Is it ok or Is it going to be too late.(His doctor

said he

> definately has plagio and kind of moderate)

> As per doctors office referral We are going to Children health

care of

> atlanta. near northside hospital at perimeter in Atlanta.Has

anyone

> been to this place any suggestions.

> Thanks,

> Haritha

>

I think starting by 6 mo is okay unless it is severe, then I would

push to start sooner (doesn't sound like the case for you).obviously

many start sooner, but if already know you're going to band that would

be my target.

-chrisitne

sydney 22 mo starband grad.

>

> Thanks for answering my previous post.

> My son pediatrician referred him for his measurements.I have an

> appointment for december 7 th almost a month from now.

> I have 2 questions.

> He is now 4 months waiting for 1 more month before he gets his

> measurements Is it ok or Is it going to be too late.(His doctor said he

> definately has plagio and kind of moderate)

> As per doctors office referral We are going to Children health care of

> atlanta. near northside hospital at perimeter in Atlanta.Has anyone

> been to this place any suggestions.

> Thanks,

> Haritha

>

I think that if you get in by the time he is 5 mo. old - that is fine. You miht want to see where they would send you for a band IF a band is needed and start that ball rolling with getting an appt - so that once the RX is given you can go right into getting the band and you won;t need to wait any more for that appt. too. Then you can also do research on all the band providers in your area and figure out where you would like to take him.

HTH!

Jen and Luli - 23 months

Left tort - Right Plagio - Hanger Band Grad - CA

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jens5th/

need advice

Thanks for answering my previous post.

My son pediatrician referred him for his measurements.I have an

appointment for december 7 th almost a month from now.

I have 2 questions.

He is now 4 months waiting for 1 more month before he gets his

measurements Is it ok or Is it going to be too late.(His doctor said he

definately has plagio and kind of moderate)

As per doctors office referral We are going to Children health care of

atlanta. near northside hospital at perimeter in Atlanta.Has anyone

been to this place any suggestions.

Thanks,

Haritha

Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail!

Hi keri,

We live in atlanta,less than 5 min drive from northside.

Please let me know how Anabel's appointment will go.

Thanks,

Haritha

>

> Anabel has her appointment December 3rd in Atlanta, she just turned

4 months. I just got off the phone and they said that we were doing

this at a good time...even if she is going to be just about 5 months

old by the time she gets evaluated. I would love suggestions also.

>

> Keri

>

> Where are you driving from....I live in Warner Robins, GA.

>

>

> Plagiocephaly@...: harita313@...: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:30:36

+0000Subject: need advice

>

>

>

>

> Thanks for answering my previous post.My son pediatrician referred

him for his measurements.I have an appointment for december 7 th

almost a month from now.I have 2 questions.He is now 4 months waiting

for 1 more month before he gets his measurements Is it ok or Is it

going to be too late.(His doctor said he definately has plagio and

kind of moderate)As per doctors office referral We are going to

Children health care of atlanta. near northside hospital at perimeter

in Atlanta.Has anyone been to this place any

suggestions.Thanks,Haritha

>

Thanks for your reply.

Yes,They also will do helmet.

Haritha

> >

> > Thanks for answering my previous post.

> > My son pediatrician referred him for his measurements.I have an

> > appointment for december 7 th almost a month from now.

> > I have 2 questions.

> > He is now 4 months waiting for 1 more month before he gets his

> > measurements Is it ok or Is it going to be too late.(His doctor

> said he

> > definately has plagio and kind of moderate)

> > As per doctors office referral We are going to Children health

> care of

> > atlanta. near northside hospital at perimeter in Atlanta.Has

> anyone

> > been to this place any suggestions.

> > Thanks,

> > Haritha

> >

>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee,

I would suggest resuming LDN at 4.5 mg. You can always reduce the dose if you

have unbearable side effects (which is highly unlikely).

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sincerely,

Dudley Delany

dudley_delany

[low dose naltrexone] Need advice

Hi all - hope everyone is doing well...

We need some advice re LDN. We were on the LDN for approx 1 month at

3.0mg for chrons. We moved up to a 4.5 mg dose Nov 1 but had some

interesting medical problems NOT related to the LDN.

I apprentaly have been having gallstone attacks and 1 of the little

buggers got stuck in the panceatic duct and caused some BIG problems.

Needless to say knowing I would be having some surgery I did not take

the LDN on the nite I was admitted to hosp. I had one procedure and

now have 2 more surgeries scheduled for Nov 29. I will resume the LDN

as soon as I clear any pain drugs from my system.

So my question is :I have been off the LDN since Nov 7 and the chrons

is holding its own. What dose should I start at again 3.0mg or go to

the 4.5 right off the bat?? I didn't have any dreams or sleep problems

with working up to the full dose so can I jump right in at 4.5 or is

it likely that I will get some??

Thanks for everyones help and sharing

Hi,

I started LDN for my Crohns (mild/moderate/severe, variates :-)

I did start at 3.0 mg, and had that for 3 weeks, and then to 4.5 mg.

Now I've learned in here that it's only when ppl. suffer from MS

that they need to start slow and increase.

Just start at 4.5 mg, it's no problems. Good luck! Ingrid

[low dose naltrexone] Need adviceHi all - hope everyone is doing well...We need some advice re LDN. We were on the LDN for approx 1 month at 3.0mg for chrons. We moved up to a 4.5 mg dose Nov 1 but had some interesting medical problems NOT related to the LDN.I apprentaly have been having gallstone attacks and 1 of the little buggers got stuck in the panceatic duct and caused some BIG problems. Needless to say knowing I would be having some surgery I did not take the LDN on the nite I was admitted to hosp. I had one procedure and now have 2 more surgeries scheduled for Nov 29. I will resume the LDN as soon as I clear any pain drugs from my system.So

my question is :I have been off the LDN since Nov 7 and the chrons is holding its own. What dose should I start at again 3.0mg or go to the 4.5 right off the bat?? I didn't have any dreams or sleep problems with working up to the full dose so can I jump right in at 4.5 or is it likely that I will get some??Thanks for everyones help and sharing

• 2 months later...

It sounds like her current placement is inappropriate. I would definitely get some support from your local autism society and/or parent information center. Have they tried mainstreaming her with an assistant? Pam :)Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

Pam...thanks...she does go into a 2nd grade class with an aide and has done fine, that's why I don't understand why they don't increase her time in there. She tells them she's "nervous" so they listen to her. She just says things to say them, I do not believe she is nervous. ppanda65@... wrote: It sounds like her current placement is inappropriate. I would definitely get some support from your local autism society and/or parent information center. Have they tried

mainstreaming her with an assistant? Pam :) Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music. you the stranger who took a chanceheld me at a distance so I could see myselfso thank you for everything you gave without knowingand thank you for letting me fall in loveyou the stranger who took a chanceheld me at a distance so I could see myselfso thank you for everything you gave without knowingand

thank you for letting me fall in lovewithout withholdingwithout withholding "The Stranger" ( Ferrick)

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Hi , If she is mainstreamed then she will be with all kinds of kids with different personalities & maybe some with undx'd disorders, & some of them could also tease her but the kid that is being a pain needs to be taken aside & dealt with about the teasing etc.. I do agree that if they mainstream her then she would need an Aide. Does your daughter have an IEP in place? If she does add the mainstream with an Aide in there. Good Luck,Betty <lindeee37@...> wrote: Hi my name is and I have been lurking for a while although I used to post. My daughter who is 7 has a diagnosis of Hyperlexia and then Asperger's. She presents atypically compared to boys and I feel the school is constantly disregarding her Asperger's diagnosis and putting her in triggering situations. She has been placed in a small, substantially separate class that only has 3 other kids-all boys..severe ADHD, ODD and whatnot. I asked right away that she be mainstreamed into a regular second grade and they did for reading and gym, but stopped there. Delia was doing pretty well until December (when she got comfortable I think and when the novelty wore off) and then started reacting strongly to one little boy in particular who she says

"grimaces at her, makes faces and is her "arch enemy". This little boy is very ADHD and his voice is very loud (she is auditory defensive)and I know he is probably not directing his behaviors toward her, but she misinterprets and has misconceptions about other kids' behaviors. Unfortunatley she has gotten aggressive with this boy and then aggressive with the teacher when the teacher has tried to keep her away from him. This happens mostly in the morning so their solution is to let her start her day in the guidance office until she is ready to go to class instead of what I suggested which was to put her in the regular class with an aide OR have her go to the resource room with the aide (there are 4 kids and 2 aides in this class) They have tried none of this so we are reconvening on the 9th. She will talk about how this boy drives her nuts, but then will seek him out at times. I feel that she never should have been put in

this class in the first place, that it has only made her worse. I am in a difficult position now because of her aggressive behavior-they won't mainstream her until she gets that under control. I feel it is ridiculous to thing she is going to get her behavior under control with no appropriate peer models and in a classroom with 3 boys that she doesn't understand. The other issue is that because she has such social/pragmatic issues, her therapist and I think the school psychologist see her more as "mood disorder" because her thoughts really interfere with her school day. (like if she is obsessing on this boy) So, they want her to go back to the hospital day program she attended for 4.5 months last year and I absolutely don't want that...I think the transition would be awful for her and she would start exhibiting all kinds of other behaviors. I also think the school is wanting to put her out of district which I also

don't want. They will not deal with aggression and I can understand that, but I think the program they have for her is contributing to that. She is good everywhere else. Any advice....I thought I might call an autism consultant to go and observe her.Thanks,

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Hi , 1.  From what I read I am assuming your daughter is on a IEP.If so, according to federal law you must agree to what the planis to my understanding. They can not just place her in a programwithout your permission.  AND you have the right to call an IEP meeting any time the current plan is not working as stated by federal guidelines.  From your description the small class worked for awhile, then problems began.  You daughter is having problems with a boy,yet she at time "seeks him out".  I agree that the resource roomteachers need to do  something about this  but do you really believe she can handle mainstream classes all day?  If so, youhave the right to stop the IEP and she will be treated as any student in *regular* classes.  But you can not have it both ways without an IEP.  It is possible to have her in a main class, but there may not be teachers aids available for specific times because their priorities lie with the resource rooms like the one she is innow.  I see you do not want her in the hospital day program, andit may be such that she is not needing it now.  In that caseperhaps the hospital day program will send a letter statingshe no longer meets the criteria for being there and makea few suggestions to the school on how they can handle thisthere. You can try to force the issue of putting her in main classes but you will need to also have a plan ready that is workable should she begin to fall behind or need extras.  As much asI have fought and disliked public schools I have always triedto work with them and offer workable solutions while listeningto what is not workable for them. If teachers feel you are empathetic to their job you will get far more results than ifyou seem to be challenging them.  = )  I really don't know the whole of what is happening with youand this is just generalized observation  but perhaps you will pick out an idea or two from my experiences.   Dee ><)))*>Snohomish County, WA 1)   Hi my name is and I have been lurking for a while although I used to post. My daughter who is 7 has a diagnosis of Hyperlexia and then Asperger's. She presents atypically compared to boys and I feel the school is constantly disregarding her Asperger's diagnosis and putting her in triggering situations. She has been placed in a small, substantially separate class that only has 3 other kids-all boys..severe ADHD, ODD and whatnot. I asked right away that she be mainstreamed into a regular second grade and they did for reading and gym, but stopped there. ...........) 2)    They have tried none of this so we are reconvening on the 9th. She will talk about how this boy drives her nuts, but then will seek him out at times. I feel that she never should have been put in this class in the first place,...................3)   , they want her to go back to the hospital day program she attended for 4.5 months last year and I absolutely don't want that...I think the transition would be awful for her and she would start exhibiting all kinds of other behaviors. I also think the school is wanting to put her out of district which I also don't want. They will not deal with aggression and I can understand that, but I think the program they have for her is contributing to that. She is good everywhere else. Any advice....I thought I might call an autism consultant to go and observe her.Thanks,

, from what yo said to Pam allow an observation, pleases.She is only in the second grade and  it sounds like she is beginningto learn to play adults. I nearly let my son play me with sympathy for him, etc.  A very wiseresource teacher told me what was happening and asked me to allowher to do it her way and I would see him improve.  It was hard to watch and hear him tell me how terrible it was and howmean she way, etc., but I let her do it her way (and part of this was toback her up and not sympathize with his complaints or whining.  It tookabout 3 months but he soon stopped the negative behavior I was seeingand he was beginning to thrive doing things her way. He left that school(for middle school) with very fond feelings for her.  Please step back and look at all sides and ask yourself if perhaps you, likeI had been, may be coddling her a tad.  = ) Dee ><)))*>Snohomish County, WA Pam...thanks...she does go into a 2nd grade class with an aide and has done fine, that's why I don't understand why they don't increase her time in there. She tells them she's "nervous" so they listen to her. She just says things to say them, I do not believe she is nervous.

That is also something I've heard before from several different professionals. There are going to be uncomfortable times...that's to be expected. Set high standards for your child and help them do the best they can do. Don't give up because something is a challenge when your child is younger...stay at it and you might be surprised what regular maturing will do. I completely underestimated what normal maturity would do for Dylan. The type of behaviors he has today (age 11) is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than what we were dealing with in his younger years. There are still some shades of his "quirks" but he's in so much more control of himself than I ever thought possible.

( ) Re: NEED advice

, from what yo said to Pam allow an observation, pleases.

She is only in the second grade and it sounds like she is beginning

to learn to play adults.

I nearly let my son play me with sympathy for him, etc. A very wise

resource teacher told me what was happening and asked me to allow

her to do it her way and I would see him improve.

It was hard to watch and hear him tell me how terrible it was and how

mean she way, etc., but I let her do it her way (and part of this was to

back her up and not sympathize with his complaints or whining. It took

about 3 months but he soon stopped the negative behavior I was seeing

and he was beginning to thrive doing things her way. He left that school

(for middle school) with very fond feelings for her.

Please step back and look at all sides and ask yourself if perhaps you, like

I had been, may be coddling her a tad. = )

Dee ><)))*>

Snohomish County, WA

Pam...thanks. ..she does go into a 2nd grade class with an aide and has done fine, that's why I don't understand why they don't increase her time in there. She tells them she's "nervous" so they listen to her. She just says things to say them, I do not believe she is nervous.

Thanks for all the comments....Dee actually, I am the opposite and have been told I am too hard on my daughter. The school feels I should not punish her for poor school behavior and in the past I have been very consistent with punishments that did not work. The only thing I am wild about is the aggression which has gotten worse in the smaller classroom. I don't punish her anymore (it does nothing) but I find I disengage and feel like I don't want to be around her. I feel like she has ruined something that I had looked forward to my whole life and now they may want to put her out of public school. Even if she has Asperger's, I can't understand why she would get so out of control as to put her hands on someone. She has attacked that boy several times and pushed and shoved teachers. What leg do I have to stand on with that kind of behavior. I am thinking I should call my advocate tonight, but I don't even know what to say. The only improvement this year is

that since the medication (she took Risperdal and now Abilify) she comes back around and continue her school day after an episode. Last year she would just go on and on and we would have to pick her up. I am actually lucky they have not suspended her. She is my only child and I feel like we are both missing out on a huge part of childhood. I can't even walk into her school without feeling sick. MacAllister <smacalli@...> wrote: That is also something I've heard before from several different professionals. There are going to be uncomfortable times...that's to be expected. Set high standards for your child and help them do the best they can do. Don't give up because something is a challenge when your child is younger...stay at it and you might be surprised what regular maturing will do. I completely underestimated what normal maturity would do for Dylan. The type of behaviors he has today (age 11) is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than what we were dealing with in his younger years. There are still some shades of his "quirks" but he's in so much more control of himself than I ever thought possible. ( ) Re: NEED advice , from what yo said to Pam allow an observation, pleases. She is only in the second grade and it sounds like she is beginning to learn to play adults. I nearly let my son play me with sympathy for him, etc. A very wise resource teacher told me what was happening and asked me to allow her to do it her way and I would see him improve. It was hard to watch and hear him tell me how terrible it was and how mean she way, etc., but I let her do it her way (and part of this was to back her up and not sympathize with his complaints or whining. It took about 3 months but he soon stopped the negative behavior I was seeing and

he was beginning to thrive doing things her way. He left that school (for middle school) with very fond feelings for her. Please step back and look at all sides and ask yourself if perhaps you, like I had been, may be coddling her a tad. = ) Dee ><)))*> Snohomish County, WA Pam...thanks. ..she does go into a 2nd grade class with an aide and has done fine, that's why I don't understand why they don't increase her time in there. She tells them she's "nervous" so they listen to her. She just says things to say them, I do not believe she is nervous.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

,I forget, does your daughter have an aide in the classroom?LizOn Jan 28, 2008, at 6:51 PM, Neylon wrote:Thanks for all the comments....Dee actually, I am the opposite and have been told I am too hard on my daughter. The school feels I should not punish her for poor school behavior and in the past I have been very consistent with punishments that did not work. The only thing I am wild about is the aggression which has gotten worse in the smaller classroom. I don't punish her anymore (it does nothing) but I find I disengage and feel like I don't want to be around her. I feel like she has ruined something that I had looked forward to my whole life and now they may want to put her out of public school. Even if she has Asperger's, I can't understand why she would get so out of control as to put her hands on someone. She has attacked that boy several times and pushed and shoved teachers. What leg do I have to stand on with that kind of behavior. I am thinking I should call my advocate tonight, but I don't even know what to say. The only improve ment this year is that since the medication (she took Risperdal and now Abilify) she comes back around and continue her school day after an episode. Last year she would just go on and on and we would have to pick her up. I am actually lucky they have not suspended her. She is my only child and I feel like we are both missing out on a huge part of childhood. I can't even walk into her school without feeling sick.