RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't get it.. why wouldn't she tell her family about the down's EARLY to prepare the family??????? Lia

Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/08/america/08baby.php?page=2

In private, the Palins slowly started to share the Down syndrome diagnosis. They wrote a long letter to Bruce, Palin's sister, who has an autistic son, explaining how they had come to embrace the challenges their baby would bring

------------------------------------

Guest guest

>

> I don't get it.. why wouldn't she tell her family about the down's?

EARLY to prepare the family??????? Lia

>

I don't get why it's relevant.

Lenny

Guest guest

It is about having the family be prepared.. it will involve the whole family for the rest of THEIR lives... why did she not tell them? I find this not exactly honest. I would be angry if my mother did not prepare me. we are talking about be open and honest. Would nice to see this as a character trait. I just see it differently than you .. lenny... if she had not been nominated.. no would have known she had a down's kid.. something is wrong with this...like she wants to hide him... just my perception.. Lia

Re: Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

>

> I don't get why it's relevant.

Lenny

------------------------------------

Guest guest

My son lives w/autism. I have a brother. The two facts are no more

than facts. It does not mean that there is any understanding....any

support....or even any communiction....just because my son has

autism. Palin is connected to the wrong group of politicos for me to

ever trust her. I trust her no more than Hillary Clinton.

After November 4th all of the autism challenges will continue. We

have made it so far....most of us are stonger, more sure of our

position, our needs. Most often we can recognize our friends our

enemies. Who hasn't gone through the fire for autism?

Some....in this community could make a better President or Vice

President than what we are being offered.

Lenny for President.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

>

>

>

> http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/08/america/08baby.php?page=2

>

> In private, the Palins slowly started to share the Down syndrome

> diagnosis. They wrote a long letter to Bruce, Palin's sister, who

has

> an autistic son, explaining how they had come to embrace the

challenges

> their baby would bring

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

-

what if there was a lab error and the child turned out not to be have

downs? Why have the whole family stressing. -- In

EOHarm , LFCostalas@... wrote:

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

>

>

>

> http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/08/america/08baby.php?page=2

>

> In private, the Palins slowly started to share the Down syndrome

> diagnosis. They wrote a long letter to Bruce, Palin's sister, who

has

> an autistic son, explaining how they had come to embrace the

challenges

> their baby would bring

>

>

> ------------------------------------

>

>

Guest guest

I HAD A FEELING SHE DID WHEN HER SISTER SAID SHE HAS A SON WITH SPECIAL NEEDS.

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Guest guest

Is the first thing all parents do when there child is diagnosed with

Autism is run and tell the family? Or do some keep it to themselves

while the reality sets in and they have the strength to talk about it.

> >

> > I don't get it.. why wouldn't she tell her family about the down's?

> EARLY to prepare the family??????? Lia

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

> >

> >

> >

> > http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/08/america/08baby.php?page=2

> >

> > In private, the Palins slowly started to share the Down syndrome

> > diagnosis. They wrote a long letter to Bruce, Palin's sister, who

> has

> > an autistic son, explaining how they had come to embrace the

> challenges

> > their baby would bring

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

Guest guest

agreed. I have a sister who thinks it's very funny to give my GFCF (also soy free/sugar free/food coloring free) ASD sons Froot Loops behind my back. Oh, and she works in a doc office and just pumped her 12 year old daughter full of Gardasil (she's okay). And fights with me on the regular about the 'importance of vaccination'.

Having an ASD niece/nephew means 'jack' if you don't want to open your eyes to what is going on - regardless of whether or not your own kids were injured. My own sister thinks I'm just a loony and that my kids were just 'born this way' - "too bad so sad" as they say. Who knows what Palin's opinions are on the cause of her kin's autism. After all - Down Syndrome was not caused in her son due to vaccines.

Lenny, are you running in 2012?

Guest guest

Now, there's a thought, Lenny for President! I wonder if Lenny could somehow surreptitiously sidle (is there such a word?) across the border and get himself into the election race in Canada here. Lenny for Prime Minister of Canada! Hell, Lenny, I would vote for you because right now, we have such a lackluster roster of possible candidates. They're all BAD, our current PM included, and he called this friggin' election so that he can waste more of our already-squandered tax money , to try and get a MAJORITY government for himself and his buddies. No way! I am looking LESS FORWARD to our own upcoming elections in Canada, than I am to the elections that are happening in the States.

May GOD be with you, whatever he looks like!!!

Aasa

Subject: Re: Sara Palins sister has a son with autismTo: EOHarm Received: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 1:00 AM

My son lives w/autism. I have a brother. The two facts are no more than facts. It does not mean that there is any understanding. ...any support....or even any communiction. ...just because my son has autism. Palin is connected to the wrong group of politicos for me to ever trust her. I trust her no more than Hillary Clinton.After November 4th all of the autism challenges will continue. We have made it so far....most of us are stonger, more sure of our position, our needs. Most often we can recognize our friends our enemies. Who hasn't gone through the fire for autism?Some....in this community could make a better President or Vice President than what we are being offered. Lenny for President.>> I don't get it.. why wouldn't she tell her family about

the down's? EARLY to prepare the family?????? ? Lia> > > > > > > > Sara Palins sister has a son with autism> > > > http://www.iht. com/articles/ 2008/09/08/ america/08baby. php?page= 2> > In private, the Palins slowly started to share the Down syndrome > diagnosis. They wrote a long letter to Bruce, Palin's sister, who has > an autistic son, explaining how they had come to embrace the challenges > their baby would bring> > > ------------ --------- ---------

------> >

Guest guest

Is your sister named Nanci? because she sounds like my sister. Mine is a nurse and personally gives her kids the flu shot.

She also gave my son chicken when he was a vegetarian- which was the ultimate insult. And she lets her kids eat peanut butter in the same room as my son and he has a deadly allergy and an epi-pen.

Having a family member with autism DOES NOT make you an expert. It does not make you a compassionate person. It does not make you a fighter for the rights of the disabled. It does not teach you what biomedical treatments are.

Honestly, any mother who shoots a beautiful animal in the head and then says she’s “pro-life” is a hypocrite. I disagree with 99% of what Palin believes in. I don’t care what she thinks about autism or not. There is more to life than autism. We need to look at the big picture. I think in time we will know what she is really about. Hopefully it won’t be too late.

-

agreed. I have a sister who thinks it's very funny to give my GFCF (also soy free/sugar free/food coloring free) ASD sons Froot Loops behind my back. Oh, and she works in a doc office and just pumped her 12 year old daughter full of Gardasil (she's okay). And fights with me on the regular about the 'importance of vaccination'.

Having an ASD niece/nephew means 'jack' if you don't want to open your eyes to what is going on - regardless of whether or not your own kids were injured. My own sister thinks I'm just a loony and that my kids were just 'born this way' - " too bad so sad " as they say. Who knows what Palin's opinions are on the cause of her kin's autism. After all - Down Syndrome was not caused in her son due to vaccines.

Lenny, are you running in 2012?

Guest guest

Don't you ever get tired of having these politicians just say what

they think you want to hear all the time just so they could get

elected. This is so true for most of them, then they do and say what

they want after the election. The question for me is: who is stronger

to deal with the big pharma lobbyists?

I agree, Lenny for Prez, perhaps Bob Krakow VP???

Tina

> >

> > I don't get it.. why wouldn't she tell her family about the

down's?

> EARLY to prepare the family??????? Lia

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

> >

> >

> >

> > http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/08/america/08baby.php?page=2

> >

> > In private, the Palins slowly started to share the Down syndrome

> > diagnosis. They wrote a long letter to Bruce, Palin's sister, who

> has

> > an autistic son, explaining how they had come to embrace the

> challenges

> > their baby would bring

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

Guest guest

I agree also that family members cannot be counted on understanding. I have a sister and brother, my sister's a nurse and does not believe in the biomedical approach and certainly does not believe that vaccines could cause this harm, my brother just informed me that my 14 year old autistic son is not invited to his wedding (afraid he'll knock into buffet tables, though that's never been a problem any other party) and my 12 and 9 year olds are in the wedding party. errrggghhh

What bothers me a lot about Palin is that she really hasn't had time for registering/absorbing having a disabled child. Everyone I know, myself included, have had to go through not only the adjustments of living with/caring for a disabled child but grieving for what will never be. How is she going to do that being Vice President? I really wonder about her parenting skills - first a 17 year old pregnant daughter that she's exposing to all this and now her baby. That child is going to need his mother a lot and she will not be there. I know there's lots of working moms, but I would think VP of the US is a lot more time consuming than most jobs .

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Guest guest

My sister is nancy and she one of my best advocates. So is not such a bad name.for a sister. BTW Chirstine-welcome back.

Maurine

agreed. I have a sister who thinks it's very funny to give my GFCF (also soy free/sugar free/food coloring free) ASD sons Froot Loops behind my back. Oh, and she works in a doc office and just pumped her 12 year old daughter full of Gardasil (she's okay). And fights with me on the regular about the 'importance of vaccination' . Having an ASD niece/nephew means 'jack' if you don't want to open your eyes to what is going on - regardless of whether or not your own kids were injured. My own sister thinks I'm just a loony and that my kids were just 'born this way' - "too bad so sad" as they say. Who knows what Palin's opinions are on the cause of her kin's autism. After all - Down Syndrome was not caused in her son due to vaccines. Lenny, are you running in 2012?

Guest guest

Honestly, any mother who shoots a beautiful animal in the head and then says she’s “pro-life†is a hypocrite. I disagree with 99% of what Palin believes in. I don’t care what she thinks about autism or not. There is more to life than autism. We need to look at the big picture. I think in time we will know what she is really about. Hopefully it won’t be too late.-

AMEN CHRISTINE! I HONESTLY CANNOT STAND PALIN, SHE IS ON MY LAST NERVE! SHE IS SO ARROGANT! WHEN SHE SAID SPECIAL NEEDS PARENTS WILL HAVE A FRIEND IN THE WHITE HOUSE THE OTHER NIGHT AT THE CONVENTION, I SAID TO MYSELF, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THIS SPECIAL NEEDS PARENT AS YOUR FRIEND! NO WAY IN HELL!

VICKIPsssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Guest guest

--I hate to say this but if ANY of my family EVER gave my son ANYTHING

that his food allergy panel has indicated he is allergic to That would

be the absolute LAST time they EVER saw the child. That is child

endangerment.Ther is NOTHING funny about that.- In

EOHarm , lisa sigismondi wrote:

>

> agreed. I have a sister who thinks it's very funny to give my GFCF

(also soy free/sugar free/food coloring free) ASD sons Froot Loops

behind my back. Oh, and she works in a doc office and just pumped her

12 year old daughter full of Gardasil (she's okay). And fights with me

on the regular about the 'importance of vaccination'.

>  

> Having an ASD niece/nephew means 'jack' if you don't want to open

your eyes to what is going on - regardless of whether or not your own

kids were injured. My own sister thinks I'm just a loony and that my

kids were just 'born this way' - " too bad so sad " as they say. Who

knows what Palin's opinions are on the cause of her kin's autism. After

all - Down Syndrome was not caused in her son due to vaccines.

>  

> Lenny, are you running in 2012?

>  

>

Guest guest

---I needed to digest it all first. I spent quite a bit of time in

the bathroom crying. I think we all deal with heart break differently

and do deal the best we can. I think it is pointless to judge how

others deal with the heart ache that is eminant following the dx of a

developmental disability. In EOHarm , " angndon1994 "

wrote:

>

> Is the first thing all parents do when there child is diagnosed with

> Autism is run and tell the family? Or do some keep it to themselves

> while the reality sets in and they have the strength to talk about

it.

>

>

>

>

> > >

> > > I don't get it.. why wouldn't she tell her family about the

down's?

> > EARLY to prepare the family??????? Lia

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Sara Palins sister has a son with autism

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/08/america/08baby.php?page=2

> > >

> > > In private, the Palins slowly started to share the Down

syndrome

> > > diagnosis. They wrote a long letter to Bruce, Palin's sister,

who

> > has

> > > an autistic son, explaining how they had come to embrace the

> > challenges

> > > their baby would bring

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------------------------------

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

I guess it all depends on the families. The first person I called was my mom from the parking lot of the building where my son was diagnosed. The second person I called was my sister who also happens to be my best friend. My sister attended DAN! conferences with me even though we live in different states and at her own expense. She also attended many VB workshops with me and also without me. Since my son's diagnosis 8 years ago, she has dedicated her life to helping kids with autism. She has, in the past, been a therapist doing VB with a few kids and currently she is working for her local public school in the mainstream program. She has a gift for working with kids with autism. She must be doing something right because all the kids love her. She also makes it a point to

tell as many families as she can about biomedical. My mother-in-law on the other hand, asked us not to tell other family members about our son's autism. I was offended by her request. I really think she was just trying to come to terms with the diagnosis back then. >> agreed. I have a sister who thinks it's very funny to give my GFCF (also soy free/sugar free/food coloring free) ASD sons Froot Loops behind my back. Oh, and she works in a doc office and just pumped her 12 year old daughter full of Gardasil (she's okay). And fights with me on the regular about the 'importance of vaccination' . > > Having an ASD niece/nephew means 'jack' if you don't want to open your eyes to what is going on - regardless of whether or not your own kids

were injured. My own sister thinks I'm just a loony and that my kids were just 'born this way' - "too bad so sad" as they say. Who knows what Palin's opinions are on the cause of her kin's autism. After all - Down Syndrome was not caused in her son due to vaccines. > > Lenny, are you running in 2012?> >

Guest guest

Obama Leads the Pharma Donor Pack

According to Open Secrets: Obama has received: $915,696 and McCain has received: $442,042.See the pretty chart from Open Secrets on all the candidates who were in the race HERE.

So is there a link between the hefty pharma donations and Obama's stance against vaccine exemptions?

http://www.ageofautism.com/2008/09/obama-leads-the.html

THEY ALL DO IT! THEY ALL TAKE MONEY! MCCAIN DOESN'T NEED THE MONEY, HE DOESN'T EVEN REMEMBER HOW MANY HOUSES HE HAS, HE HAS SO MANY! LOL

VICKIPsssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Guest guest

There is a difference between believing something and living your life that way- and making a law to force the rest of society to believe the way you believe.

EXACTLY!Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Guest guest

They want all the babies to be born, but don’t want to take care of them afterwards.

ONCE AGAIN, I AGREE! Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Guest guest

She said she wants her family to eat fresh, healthy fish and meat.

SURE, FISH FILLED WITH MERCURY, THAT'S REAL HEALTHY!Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Guest guest

That’s horrible about being told your son can’t come to the wedding. I’ve been to about 400-500 weddings in my life- and seen plenty of people knock things over- they were drunk, of course. Your brother should have given you the option of bringing an aide or assistant, or whatever.

Are you going to bring your son to the ceremony? Is it in a church? He can’t really stop you there.

WOW. If it were me, I would say “we’re a family and either we come as a family or stay home as a family”.

Also, I agree with your paragraph about Palin. It’s only going to get harder as the baby gets older.

-

I agree also that family members cannot be counted on understanding. I have a sister and brother, my sister's a nurse and does not believe in the biomedical approach and certainly does not believe that vaccines could cause this harm, my brother just informed me that my 14 year old autistic son is not invited to his wedding (afraid he'll knock into buffet tables, though that's never been a problem any other party) and my 12 and 9 year olds are in the wedding party. errrggghhh

What bothers me a lot about Palin is that she really hasn't had time for registering/absorbing having a disabled child. Everyone I know, myself included, have had to go through not only the adjustments of living with/caring for a disabled child but grieving for what will never be. How is she going to do that being Vice President? I really wonder about her parenting skills - first a 17 year old pregnant daughter that she's exposing to all this and now her baby. That child is going to need his mother a lot and she will not be there. I know there's lots of working moms, but I would think VP of the US is a lot more time consuming than most jobs .

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com <http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014> .

Guest guest

Are children with downs as hard to raise as kids with autism? As far as behaviors, therapies, etc. I really know nothing about down syndrome - my specialty is autism ;)

I agree also that family members cannot be counted on understanding. I have a sister and brother, my sister's a nurse and does not believe in the biomedical approach and certainly does not believe that vaccines could cause this harm, my brother just informed me that my 14 year old autistic son is not invited to his wedding (afraid he'll knock into buffet tables, though that's never been a problem any other party) and my 12 and 9 year olds are in the wedding party. errrggghhh What bothers me a lot about Palin is that she really hasn't had time for registering/ absorbing having a disabled child. Everyone I know, myself included, have had to go through not only the adjustments of living with/caring for a disabled child but grieving for what will never be.

How is she going to do that being Vice President? I really wonder about her parenting skills - first a 17 year old pregnant daughter that she's exposing to all this and now her baby. That child is going to need his mother a lot and she will not be there. I know there's lots of working moms, but I would think VP of the US is a lot more time consuming than most jobs .

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com <http://www.stylelis t.com/trends? ncid=aolsty00050 000000014> .

Guest guest

Alongside the shock of discovering their child has a life-long condition; many parents need to deal with the immediate medical implications of Down’s syndrome. Fifty per cent of babies born with the condition have a heart defect, ranging from minor to more severe problems that require invasive surgery. Feeding can also be an issue because of low muscle tone in Down’s syndrome children.

Children with Down syndrome have a higher incidence of infection, respiratory, vision and hearing problems as well as thyroid and other medical conditions. However, with appropriate medical care most children and adults with Down syndrome can lead healthy lives. The average life expectancy of individuals with Down syndrome is 55 years, with many living into their sixties and seventies.

Here are a few things I found in a search—

Are children with downs as hard to raise as kids with autism? As far as behaviors, therapies, etc. I really know nothing about down syndrome - my specialty is autism ;)

What bothers me a lot about Palin is that she really hasn't had time for registering/ absorbing having a disabled child. Everyone I know, myself included, have had to go through not only the adjustments of living with/caring for a disabled child but grieving for what will never be. How is she going to do that being Vice President? I really wonder about her parenting skills - first a 17 year old pregnant daughter that she's exposing to all this and now her baby. That child is going to need his mother a lot and she will not be there. I know there's lots of working moms, but I would think VP of the US is a lot more time consuming than most jobs .

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com <http://www.stylelis t.com/trends? ncid=aolsty00050 000000014> <http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014> .

Guest guest

That is just unbelievable that your sister had such disregard for

your son and his safety. I hope that was the last time she had the

opportunity to put him at such risk.

EXCELLENT point about Palin---I find this hypocritical as well

but I guess those pesky polar bears and moose (or is is mooses?) are

getting in the way of the pipe-line and drilling! Very true, never

vote on a one subject thing. I find it hard to believe that I know

several women who are now voting McCain (or rather McSame as Bush)

just because she is a woman--SO WHAT! Does she believe in ANYTHING

that I do, no. I will vote for the person that I believe will help

this country recover and at this point I do not believe McCain can do

it. He is too much like Bush.

Welcome home --hope to see you soon!

Tina

>

> >

> >

> >

> > agreed. I have a sister who thinks it's very funny to give my

GFCF (also soy