RemedySpot.com

Re: MIL rant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ditto Tasha! Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 3rd cast (Rochester) & mom to & EvanTo: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Tue, December 1, 2009 8:15:42 AMSubject: Re: MIL

rant

I just LOVE my CAST family!!!!! Kisses and lots of HUGS to you all!!!!!Happy Tuesday!!!!! SMILE :) TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www.infantil escoliosis. org/stories. htmlFrom: NIck Guthe

<nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:50:12 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Tasha and Krista Sloan (she just had her second baby, Emma)- and other Moms here, changed the course of our child's life. And that's just the CAST members- not JUST- but and Liv-- you know what I mean. Our phone call with Heath and the www.infantilescolio sis website and the info from CAST- whoa.

You can't get rid of us that easily!!! XXXOOO Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

From: <missikay10yahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 7:24:25 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

LOL Joan!!! I love it!!! Scream it to the whole world!!!!!! NO MORE STRESS PLEASE GOD!!!!!!!!! ! ok, now i feel better too.

I am truly grateful and blessed to have found this group and the understanding and compassion here. I have joined other groups before for other things but never stayed with it. This feels like home. We are all joined together for a reason. There is always a plan.

And Heidi, you are a great mom! Bex is so lucky to have you as his mommy. And you do a wonderful job motivating us, supporting us, helping new members....you are so good about posting to everyone elses post. You and Tasha both. You have no idea how much that meant to me and still means to me when i post something. You are a great resource and we all love you for it!!!

From: Joan Vallee <hayro1611yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 9:03 PM

I second that one Heidi.. From your mouth to God's ears... NO MORE STRESS FOR CAST MOM'S and OUR BABIES... Ok, I said it and now I feel a little better...

Joanmom to Hayden 2 1/233 degrees1st cast down from 62 degrees Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 8:59:17 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Tasha,

I'm beginning to think the same thing- that people like this do not change! I respect your position- that's crazy about the email! I hope this is not going too off subject, but I do think it's related to the stress on top of everything else that comes with PIS. I want to banish any more stress from our lives, right now. Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

From: Tasha Fontenot <ryanswalkyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:35:55 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Oh wow....someone has a MIL very much like mine. Just this summer while staying at her house my husband went to check his email on her computer. It was set up in the kitchen, in full view of ANYONE! When Brant went to move the mouse to get the screen saver off there was an email open and it was bashing ME, THE BOYS and Brant! We were so mad, but not surprised. Long story short......he later came clean that he read it, but basically told her off. I was so hurt and MAD! We have decided to keep our distance with his parents. I'm done. I'll be cordial, but that is it!This was nothing new. She has been like this for years(Brant says all his life)and I could go on and on with stories.All I wanted to say is.......is it worth it to spend ONE day with her if she is going to ruin it and make you feel so awful. Then

you spend the next few weeks trying to get over it. People like this DO NOT change!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!! My MIL also plays the victim. It is NEVER her fault. Someone else brought it all on, she says. I am so sorry your Thanksgiving was so bad. You are a wonderful mother. ((HUGS))

TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www.. infantil escoliosis. org/stories. html

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:54:35 AMSubject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Hi, well, I think this relates to casting, because we certainly do not need additional stress put on us by our families, we are travelling for cast 5 in less than 2 weeks. Why don't family members GET IT????

Okay, I agreed to host Thanksgiving at our house with only 2 requests: that is be easy and stress free, and I did not want to spend all day cooking the turkey. I've only cooked a turkey once, so I offered to buy it or my MIL or my friend Britt could cook it- no pressure, only if they desired. Britt happily offered, my MIL insisted she would do it.

We cleaned the house top to bottom, spent days making lists and shopping at 4 different stores (and paying for) all of the food, waiting in lines, etc. I spent 4 hours Thanksgiving morning cleaning and preparing a lunch we could all eat while cooking, while getting Bex ready, washing his hair over the sink, etc.

My MIL is like the mother from "Everybody Loves ". She created extreme stress from the moment she arrived, taking over my kitchen and ordering me around like the Queen of Sheba. All she was making was a turkey and packaged stuffing! I and my friend Britt made everything else. When my friend arrived with 3 wonderful homemade dishes, my MIL was rude to her and insulted her, too, with directives- insisting we now could NOT have mashed potatoes and green beans, because Britt had brought roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts! And then she made Britt feel bad because she announced that she doesn't eat brussel sprouts (but she would suffer by not having a green vegetable now.)

I asked my husband to talk to her, but it continued until I confronted her. I said this is my home, I can serve what I want to in my own home- I serve serve green beans if I want green beans! She apologized but then shot looks at my stepfather about me, in front of me. The next day, she told me what I could or could not order at lunch- and she wasn't even paying for it!

I finially told her I am not a child, and I am not her child. I am practically 40! She then cried to my husband for 45 minutes, saying she "slipped"- this is a women who is very smart and knows what she is saying. Why are people so selfish, when we are going through a lot, right now? ARGHH! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

Ditto Tasha! Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 3rd cast (Rochester) & mom to & EvanTo: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Tue, December 1, 2009 8:15:42 AMSubject: Re: MIL

rant

I just LOVE my CAST family!!!!! Kisses and lots of HUGS to you all!!!!!Happy Tuesday!!!!! SMILE :) TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www.infantil escoliosis. org/stories. htmlFrom: NIck Guthe

<nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:50:12 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Tasha and Krista Sloan (she just had her second baby, Emma)- and other Moms here, changed the course of our child's life. And that's just the CAST members- not JUST- but and Liv-- you know what I mean. Our phone call with Heath and the www.infantilescolio sis website and the info from CAST- whoa.

You can't get rid of us that easily!!! XXXOOO Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

From: <missikay10yahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 7:24:25 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

LOL Joan!!! I love it!!! Scream it to the whole world!!!!!! NO MORE STRESS PLEASE GOD!!!!!!!!! ! ok, now i feel better too.

I am truly grateful and blessed to have found this group and the understanding and compassion here. I have joined other groups before for other things but never stayed with it. This feels like home. We are all joined together for a reason. There is always a plan.

And Heidi, you are a great mom! Bex is so lucky to have you as his mommy. And you do a wonderful job motivating us, supporting us, helping new members....you are so good about posting to everyone elses post. You and Tasha both. You have no idea how much that meant to me and still means to me when i post something. You are a great resource and we all love you for it!!!

From: Joan Vallee <hayro1611yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 9:03 PM

I second that one Heidi.. From your mouth to God's ears... NO MORE STRESS FOR CAST MOM'S and OUR BABIES... Ok, I said it and now I feel a little better...

Joanmom to Hayden 2 1/233 degrees1st cast down from 62 degrees Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 8:59:17 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Tasha,

I'm beginning to think the same thing- that people like this do not change! I respect your position- that's crazy about the email! I hope this is not going too off subject, but I do think it's related to the stress on top of everything else that comes with PIS. I want to banish any more stress from our lives, right now. Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

From: Tasha Fontenot <ryanswalkyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:35:55 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Oh wow....someone has a MIL very much like mine. Just this summer while staying at her house my husband went to check his email on her computer. It was set up in the kitchen, in full view of ANYONE! When Brant went to move the mouse to get the screen saver off there was an email open and it was bashing ME, THE BOYS and Brant! We were so mad, but not surprised. Long story short......he later came clean that he read it, but basically told her off. I was so hurt and MAD! We have decided to keep our distance with his parents. I'm done. I'll be cordial, but that is it!This was nothing new. She has been like this for years(Brant says all his life)and I could go on and on with stories.All I wanted to say is.......is it worth it to spend ONE day with her if she is going to ruin it and make you feel so awful. Then

you spend the next few weeks trying to get over it. People like this DO NOT change!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!! My MIL also plays the victim. It is NEVER her fault. Someone else brought it all on, she says. I am so sorry your Thanksgiving was so bad. You are a wonderful mother. ((HUGS))

TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www.. infantil escoliosis. org/stories. html

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:54:35 AMSubject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Hi, well, I think this relates to casting, because we certainly do not need additional stress put on us by our families, we are travelling for cast 5 in less than 2 weeks. Why don't family members GET IT????

Okay, I agreed to host Thanksgiving at our house with only 2 requests: that is be easy and stress free, and I did not want to spend all day cooking the turkey. I've only cooked a turkey once, so I offered to buy it or my MIL or my friend Britt could cook it- no pressure, only if they desired. Britt happily offered, my MIL insisted she would do it.

We cleaned the house top to bottom, spent days making lists and shopping at 4 different stores (and paying for) all of the food, waiting in lines, etc. I spent 4 hours Thanksgiving morning cleaning and preparing a lunch we could all eat while cooking, while getting Bex ready, washing his hair over the sink, etc.

My MIL is like the mother from "Everybody Loves ". She created extreme stress from the moment she arrived, taking over my kitchen and ordering me around like the Queen of Sheba. All she was making was a turkey and packaged stuffing! I and my friend Britt made everything else. When my friend arrived with 3 wonderful homemade dishes, my MIL was rude to her and insulted her, too, with directives- insisting we now could NOT have mashed potatoes and green beans, because Britt had brought roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts! And then she made Britt feel bad because she announced that she doesn't eat brussel sprouts (but she would suffer by not having a green vegetable now.)

I asked my husband to talk to her, but it continued until I confronted her. I said this is my home, I can serve what I want to in my own home- I serve serve green beans if I want green beans! She apologized but then shot looks at my stepfather about me, in front of me. The next day, she told me what I could or could not order at lunch- and she wasn't even paying for it!

I finially told her I am not a child, and I am not her child. I am practically 40! She then cried to my husband for 45 minutes, saying she "slipped"- this is a women who is very smart and knows what she is saying. Why are people so selfish, when we are going through a lot, right now? ARGHH! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

I've decided that no one hurts you without your consent, and she no longer has mine. I'm done with her. Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Tue, December 1, 2009 9:56:22 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Heidi, if I see a pig fly by I'll know you've moved in with her!

Tonya

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 12:54 PM

I've decided that no one hurts you without your consent, and she no longer has mine. I'm done with her. Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Tue, December 1, 2009 9:56:22 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Tonya

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 12:54 PM

Tonya

72 huh,that explains alot, second childhood!lol

Tonya

Heidi,

People just are who they are and we cant change them even though i wish we could. You are a great mom and a wonderful person and despite all of your work and health challenges you are resilient and a fighter and we all get it and love you for all you do!!!

From: Tasha Fontenot <ryanswalkyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 2:35 PM

TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www.infantil escoliosis. org/stories. html

I asked my husband to talk to her, but it continued until I confronted her.. I said this is my home, I can serve what I want to in my own home- I serve serve green beans if I want green beans! She apologized but then shot looks at my stepfather about me, in front of me. The next day, she told me what I could or could not order at lunch- and she wasn't even paying for it!

Heidi,

People just are who they are and we cant change them even though i wish we could. You are a great mom and a wonderful person and despite all of your work and health challenges you are resilient and a fighter and we all get it and love you for all you do!!!

From: Tasha Fontenot <ryanswalkyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 2:35 PM

TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www.infantil escoliosis. org/stories. html

I asked my husband to talk to her, but it continued until I confronted her.. I said this is my home, I can serve what I want to in my own home- I serve serve green beans if I want green beans! She apologized but then shot looks at my stepfather about me, in front of me. The next day, she told me what I could or could not order at lunch- and she wasn't even paying for it!

Patty,

Your sister is probably jealous because even thru all of your pain, you still shine!!!Your a wonderful mom and such a great person.

Thanks for being a great resource to us all!!

Love,

Patty,

Your sister is probably jealous because even thru all of your pain, you still shine!!!Your a wonderful mom and such a great person.

Thanks for being a great resource to us all!!

Love,

Melinda,

Thank you! The Kushies are washable, flannel on the inside and water resistant on the outside. They are on www.walmart.com - the training pants in packs of 2, for about 15 dollars. They last forever. Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Wed, December 2, 2009 10:43:04 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Heidi,

I'm so sorry you have to deal with her on top of everything else. I thought my MIL was bad b/c she favors my stepchildren, at least I dont even see my MIL. The only time I see her is when shes picking up my stepchildren or dropping something off for them. My girls barely see her and I dont either. Listening to your story, I'd rather not deal with it at all! Hope Xmas is better for you!!!

Melinda

Mommy of Marlycia 10 mnths, Natalya 2 yrs

Scranton, PA

[infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant