RemedySpot.com

Re: MIL rant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You are so kind! I can't imagine why your sister-in-law doesn't get it, that is SO confusing! Could she be hurt that her child didn't get cast, because it wasn't available? Oh, it's not for me to speculate. I can't believe what a tizzy this has thrown me into, but I can- because it's multi-layered over almost 18 years. I so agree about this group- I love you guys so much and thank you for caring!!! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:33:16 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Oh, Heidi,

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. Can't say that I can relate as my MIL is...ok, drives me a little crazy now and then but who doesn't. :) She lives 4 1/2 hrs away and we don't see her alot. My mom on the other hand is WONDERFUL, would like to be at every appt if she could. She has traveled to SLC with us a few times, not because we need her to, but because she wants to. Noah is the last (10th) of her grandchildren and is adored by all! We are very grateful!

My sister-in-law is another story. Her daughter was diagnosed PIS as a toddler and wore a brace for years before having spinal fusion. She was also treated in SLC by a diff doc. Casting was not available at that point and they did not make her wear her brace faithfully. So you would think if anyone would "get it" it would be her!! She lives 45 min south of SLC and does not make the effort to drive up to see us. We even offer to drive down and she always comes up with some excuse...drives me crazy. At this point I could care less about seeing her and her husband, I just want to see my beautiful neices and nephew! WHATEVER!!

I think that is why this group is so important...we ALL get it!! I'm sure every parent on here can remember the day of diagnosis (Oct 28, 2005), the 1st MRI (April 22, 2006) and 1st casting day (Sept 19, 2006) like they were all yesterday. We lived it and continue to live it. Whether it's wondering what would have happened if you would have got "the correct" care earlier, choose casting earlier or whatever. Every one of us has been though every step of this, however not together physically.. .definitally emotionally! ! I am so thankful for everyone on here. I don't post much, but read alot of the post and even though I may not say it, I appreciate everyone and am so grateful for everything everyone has done!

You are a wonderful person Heidi!! I know easier said then done, but try not to let her get to you. You don't need to waste one more ounce of energy on her when you have such a beautiful little man that appreciates all of your energy.

Have a wonderful day.

Noah 4yrs 4mo, 9 casts 3 braces, 80 degrees to 17 in brace, SLC Shriners :)

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 10:54 AM

Hi, well, I think this relates to casting, because we certainly do not need additional stress put on us by our families, we are travelling for cast 5 in less than 2 weeks. Why don't family members GET IT????

Okay, I agreed to host Thanksgiving at our house with only 2 requests: that is be easy and stress free, and I did not want to spend all day cooking the turkey. I've only cooked a turkey once, so I offered to buy it or my MIL or my friend Britt could cook it- no pressure, only if they desired. Britt happily offered, my MIL insisted she would do it.

We cleaned the house top to bottom, spent days making lists and shopping at 4 different stores (and paying for) all of the food, waiting in lines, etc. I spent 4 hours Thanksgiving morning cleaning and preparing a lunch we could all eat while cooking, while getting Bex ready, washing his hair over the sink, etc.

My MIL is like the mother from "Everybody Loves ". She created extreme stress from the moment she arrived, taking over my kitchen and ordering me around like the Queen of Sheba. All she was making was a turkey and packaged stuffing! I and my friend Britt made everything else. When my friend arrived with 3 wonderful homemade dishes, my MIL was rude to her and insulted her, too, with directives- insisting we now could NOT have mashed potatoes and green beans, because Britt had brought roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts! And then she made Britt feel bad because she announced that she doesn't eat brussel sprouts (but she would suffer by not having a green vegetable now.)

I asked my husband to talk to her, but it continued until I confronted her. I said this is my home, I can serve what I want to in my own home- I serve serve green beans if I want green beans! She apologized but then shot looks at my stepfather about me, in front of me. The next day, she told me what I could or could not order at lunch- and she wasn't even paying for it!

I finially told her I am not a child, and I am not her child. I am practically 40! She then cried to my husband for 45 minutes, saying she "slipped"- this is a women who is very smart and knows what she is saying. Why are people so selfish, when we are going through a lot, right now? ARGHH! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

You are so kind! I can't imagine why your sister-in-law doesn't get it, that is SO confusing! Could she be hurt that her child didn't get cast, because it wasn't available? Oh, it's not for me to speculate. I can't believe what a tizzy this has thrown me into, but I can- because it's multi-layered over almost 18 years. I so agree about this group- I love you guys so much and thank you for caring!!! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:33:16 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Oh, Heidi,

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. Can't say that I can relate as my MIL is...ok, drives me a little crazy now and then but who doesn't. :) She lives 4 1/2 hrs away and we don't see her alot. My mom on the other hand is WONDERFUL, would like to be at every appt if she could. She has traveled to SLC with us a few times, not because we need her to, but because she wants to. Noah is the last (10th) of her grandchildren and is adored by all! We are very grateful!

My sister-in-law is another story. Her daughter was diagnosed PIS as a toddler and wore a brace for years before having spinal fusion. She was also treated in SLC by a diff doc. Casting was not available at that point and they did not make her wear her brace faithfully. So you would think if anyone would "get it" it would be her!! She lives 45 min south of SLC and does not make the effort to drive up to see us. We even offer to drive down and she always comes up with some excuse...drives me crazy. At this point I could care less about seeing her and her husband, I just want to see my beautiful neices and nephew! WHATEVER!!

I think that is why this group is so important...we ALL get it!! I'm sure every parent on here can remember the day of diagnosis (Oct 28, 2005), the 1st MRI (April 22, 2006) and 1st casting day (Sept 19, 2006) like they were all yesterday. We lived it and continue to live it. Whether it's wondering what would have happened if you would have got "the correct" care earlier, choose casting earlier or whatever. Every one of us has been though every step of this, however not together physically.. .definitally emotionally! ! I am so thankful for everyone on here. I don't post much, but read alot of the post and even though I may not say it, I appreciate everyone and am so grateful for everything everyone has done!

You are a wonderful person Heidi!! I know easier said then done, but try not to let her get to you. You don't need to waste one more ounce of energy on her when you have such a beautiful little man that appreciates all of your energy.

Have a wonderful day.

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 10:54 AM

Hi, well, I think this relates to casting, because we certainly do not need additional stress put on us by our families, we are travelling for cast 5 in less than 2 weeks. Why don't family members GET IT????

Okay, I agreed to host Thanksgiving at our house with only 2 requests: that is be easy and stress free, and I did not want to spend all day cooking the turkey. I've only cooked a turkey once, so I offered to buy it or my MIL or my friend Britt could cook it- no pressure, only if they desired. Britt happily offered, my MIL insisted she would do it.

We cleaned the house top to bottom, spent days making lists and shopping at 4 different stores (and paying for) all of the food, waiting in lines, etc. I spent 4 hours Thanksgiving morning cleaning and preparing a lunch we could all eat while cooking, while getting Bex ready, washing his hair over the sink, etc.

My MIL is like the mother from "Everybody Loves ". She created extreme stress from the moment she arrived, taking over my kitchen and ordering me around like the Queen of Sheba. All she was making was a turkey and packaged stuffing! I and my friend Britt made everything else. When my friend arrived with 3 wonderful homemade dishes, my MIL was rude to her and insulted her, too, with directives- insisting we now could NOT have mashed potatoes and green beans, because Britt had brought roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts! And then she made Britt feel bad because she announced that she doesn't eat brussel sprouts (but she would suffer by not having a green vegetable now.)

I asked my husband to talk to her, but it continued until I confronted her. I said this is my home, I can serve what I want to in my own home- I serve serve green beans if I want green beans! She apologized but then shot looks at my stepfather about me, in front of me. The next day, she told me what I could or could not order at lunch- and she wasn't even paying for it!

I finially told her I am not a child, and I am not her child. I am practically 40! She then cried to my husband for 45 minutes, saying she "slipped"- this is a women who is very smart and knows what she is saying. Why are people so selfish, when we are going through a lot, right now? ARGHH! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

Thank you, Dianna! Sometimes I don't feel like a wonderful mother, but maybe that is part of the nature of being a parent. Just having a bad day ; ) Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:39:04 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Heidi you are a WONDERFUL mother...just look at what you are doing for Bex! I'm sorry you dont have a very supportive MIL. I fortunately do, but have encountered people such as your MIL and I tend to feel a little sorry for them, rather than angry. We dont always know what goes on in people's lives to make them the way they are, so try (easier said than done of course) to let it roll off your shoulder. Glad you stood up for yourself though!Dianna (mommy to Marcela, 18 mos. in 3rd cast)>> Hi, well, I think this relates to casting, because we certainly do not need additional stress put on us by our families, we are travelling for cast 5 in less than 2 weeks. Why don't family members GET

IT????> > Okay, I agreed to host Thanksgiving at our house with only 2 requests: that is be easy and stress free, and I did not want to spend all day cooking the turkey. I've only cooked a turkey once, so I offered to buy it or my MIL or my friend Britt could cook it- no pressure, only if they desired. Britt happily offered, my MIL insisted she would do it.> > We cleaned the house top to bottom, spent days making lists and shopping at 4 different stores (and paying for) all of the food, waiting in lines, etc. I spent 4 hours Thanksgiving morning cleaning and preparing a lunch we could all eat while cooking, while getting Bex ready, washing his hair over the sink, etc.> > My MIL is like the mother from "Everybody Loves ". She created extreme stress from the moment she arrived, taking over my kitchen and ordering me around like the Queen of Sheba. All

she was making was a turkey and packaged stuffing! I and my friend Britt made everything else. When my friend arrived with 3 wonderful homemade dishes, my MIL was rude to her and insulted her, too, with directives- insisting we now could NOT have mashed potatoes and green beans, because Britt had brought roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts! And then she made Britt feel bad because she announced that she doesn't eat brussel sprouts (but she would suffer by not having a green vegetable now.)> > I asked my husband to talk to her, but it continued until I confronted her. I said this is my home, I can serve what I want to in my own home- I serve serve green beans if I want green beans! She apologized but then shot looks at my stepfather about me, in front of me. The next day, she told me what I could or could not order at lunch- and she wasn't even paying for it!> > I finially told her I am not a child, and I

am not her child. I am practically 40! She then cried to my husband for 45 minutes, saying she "slipped"- this is a women who is very smart and knows what she is saying. Why are people so selfish, when we are going through a lot, right now? ARGHH!> Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)>

Thank you, Dianna! Sometimes I don't feel like a wonderful mother, but maybe that is part of the nature of being a parent. Just having a bad day ; ) Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:39:04 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Heidi you are a WONDERFUL mother...just look at what you are doing for Bex! I'm sorry you dont have a very supportive MIL. I fortunately do, but have encountered people such as your MIL and I tend to feel a little sorry for them, rather than angry. We dont always know what goes on in people's lives to make them the way they are, so try (easier said than done of course) to let it roll off your shoulder. Glad you stood up for yourself though!Dianna (mommy to Marcela, 18 mos. in 3rd cast)>> Hi, well, I think this relates to casting, because we certainly do not need additional stress put on us by our families, we are travelling for cast 5 in less than 2 weeks. Why don't family members GET

IT????> > Okay, I agreed to host Thanksgiving at our house with only 2 requests: that is be easy and stress free, and I did not want to spend all day cooking the turkey. I've only cooked a turkey once, so I offered to buy it or my MIL or my friend Britt could cook it- no pressure, only if they desired. Britt happily offered, my MIL insisted she would do it.> > We cleaned the house top to bottom, spent days making lists and shopping at 4 different stores (and paying for) all of the food, waiting in lines, etc. I spent 4 hours Thanksgiving morning cleaning and preparing a lunch we could all eat while cooking, while getting Bex ready, washing his hair over the sink, etc.> > My MIL is like the mother from "Everybody Loves ". She created extreme stress from the moment she arrived, taking over my kitchen and ordering me around like the Queen of Sheba. All

she was making was a turkey and packaged stuffing! I and my friend Britt made everything else. When my friend arrived with 3 wonderful homemade dishes, my MIL was rude to her and insulted her, too, with directives- insisting we now could NOT have mashed potatoes and green beans, because Britt had brought roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts! And then she made Britt feel bad because she announced that she doesn't eat brussel sprouts (but she would suffer by not having a green vegetable now.)> > I asked my husband to talk to her, but it continued until I confronted her. I said this is my home, I can serve what I want to in my own home- I serve serve green beans if I want green beans! She apologized but then shot looks at my stepfather about me, in front of me. The next day, she told me what I could or could not order at lunch- and she wasn't even paying for it!> > I finially told her I am not a child, and I

am not her child. I am practically 40! She then cried to my husband for 45 minutes, saying she "slipped"- this is a women who is very smart and knows what she is saying. Why are people so selfish, when we are going through a lot, right now? ARGHH!> Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)>

Just remember Heidi that you are a GREAT mom and you have contributed so much to this support group. You are above all the hate that your MIL is spreading. Enjoy your little boy and forget about her..... Joanmom to Hayden 2 1/233 degrees1st cast down from 62 degrees Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 8:52:05 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

You are so kind! I can't imagine why your sister-in-law doesn't get it, that is SO confusing! Could she be hurt that her child didn't get cast, because it wasn't available? Oh, it's not for me to speculate.. I can't believe what a tizzy this has thrown me into, but I can- because it's multi-layered over almost 18 years. I so agree about this group- I love you guys so much and thank you for caring!!! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

From: Hannah <susanrhannah@ yahoo.com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:33:16 AMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Oh, Heidi,

Have a wonderful day.

Tasha,

I'm beginning to think the same thing- that people like this do not change! I respect your position- that's crazy about the email! I hope this is not going too off subject, but I do think it's related to the stress on top of everything else that comes with PIS. I want to banish any more stress from our lives, right now. Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:35:55 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Oh wow....someone has a MIL very much like mine. Just this summer while staying at her house my husband went to check his email on her computer. It was set up in the kitchen, in full view of ANYONE! When Brant went to move the mouse to get the screen saver off there was an email open and it was bashing ME, THE BOYS and Brant! We were so mad, but not surprised. Long story short......he later came clean that he read it, but basically told her off. I was so hurt and MAD! We have decided to keep our distance with his parents. I'm done. I'll be cordial, but that is it!This was nothing new. She has been like this for years(Brant says all his life)and I could go on and on with stories.All I wanted to say is......is it worth it to spend ONE day with her if she is going to ruin it and make you feel so awful. Then

you spend the next few weeks trying to get over it. People like this DO NOT change!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!! My MIL also plays the victim. It is NEVER her fault. Someone else brought it all on, she says. I am so sorry your Thanksgiving was so bad. You are a wonderful mother. ((HUGS))

TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www.infantil escoliosis. org/stories. html

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:54:35 AMSubject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Tasha,

I'm beginning to think the same thing- that people like this do not change! I respect your position- that's crazy about the email! I hope this is not going too off subject, but I do think it's related to the stress on top of everything else that comes with PIS. I want to banish any more stress from our lives, right now. Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:35:55 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Oh wow....someone has a MIL very much like mine. Just this summer while staying at her house my husband went to check his email on her computer. It was set up in the kitchen, in full view of ANYONE! When Brant went to move the mouse to get the screen saver off there was an email open and it was bashing ME, THE BOYS and Brant! We were so mad, but not surprised. Long story short......he later came clean that he read it, but basically told her off. I was so hurt and MAD! We have decided to keep our distance with his parents. I'm done. I'll be cordial, but that is it!This was nothing new. She has been like this for years(Brant says all his life)and I could go on and on with stories.All I wanted to say is......is it worth it to spend ONE day with her if she is going to ruin it and make you feel so awful. Then

you spend the next few weeks trying to get over it. People like this DO NOT change!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!! My MIL also plays the victim. It is NEVER her fault. Someone else brought it all on, she says. I am so sorry your Thanksgiving was so bad. You are a wonderful mother. ((HUGS))

TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www.infantil escoliosis. org/stories. html

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:54:35 AMSubject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

I second that one Heidi.. From your mouth to God's ears... NO MORE STRESS FOR CAST MOM'S and OUR BABIES... Ok, I said it and now I feel a little better...

Joanmom to Hayden 2 1/233 degrees1st cast down from 62 degrees Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 8:59:17 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Tasha,

From: Tasha Fontenot <ryanswalkyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:35:55 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www..infantil escoliosis. org/stories. html

I second that one Heidi.. From your mouth to God's ears... NO MORE STRESS FOR CAST MOM'S and OUR BABIES... Ok, I said it and now I feel a little better...

Joanmom to Hayden 2 1/233 degrees1st cast down from 62 degrees Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 8:59:17 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Tasha,

From: Tasha Fontenot <ryanswalkyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:35:55 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www..infantil escoliosis. org/stories. html

Tasha,

I'm so sorry you have to deal with a boss like that, Jane! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 4:15:14 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

The paperwork depends on your company. For me it is just a letter of intent from me and a form filled out by the doctor indicating that the time needed is on-going. Also keep in mind it doesn't actually "protect" your job, it only protects that they will have a position (equal to the one you are in) available to you. It also doesn't protect you from the boss giving you HELL over it all. Sorry, this is a VERY touchy subject for me. I have the boss from hell and my life has been miserable every time I've had to take extended time. Luckily for casting and other appts at Shriner's its only been a day here and there. She doesn't say much about those, and I don't claim those on my FMLA. Although she could make me.

Jane

From: <missikay10yahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 3:39:36 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

It is 12 weeks a year IF the company is big enough plus i think you have to work for the company for a year but i could be wrong on that. I doubt a new job espically in a small town would be too keen on hiring someone with those circumstances but you are not required to divulge such info and they are not allowed to ask. Plus to get FMLA there is a ton of paperwork involved! Not sure if the time taken has to equal a number of consecutive days in a row or not. I just hope i wont have to return to work and find out myself!!!

From: Leggett <jennifer.leggett@ gmail.com>Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 5:32 PM

Thanks for correcting that! Even better!

Jenn

Mommy to Cole, 23 months, 3rd cast from rochester, 18 degrees out of cast down from 47, chiari malformation

Love you, Joan!!! OOOOOO ((hugs)) Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 6:54:48 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Just remember Heidi that you are a GREAT mom and you have contributed so much to this support group. You are above all the hate that your MIL is spreading. Enjoy your little boy and forget about her..... Joanmom to Hayden 2 1/233 degrees1st cast down from 62 degrees Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 8:52:05 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

You are so kind! I can't imagine why your sister-in-law doesn't get it, that is SO confusing! Could she be hurt that her child didn't get cast, because it wasn't available? Oh, it's not for me to speculate.. I can't believe what a tizzy this has thrown me into, but I can- because it's multi-layered over almost 18 years. I so agree about this group- I love you guys so much and thank you for caring!!! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

From: Hannah <susanrhannah@ yahoo.com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:33:16 AMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Oh, Heidi,

Have a wonderful day.

Love you, Joan!!! OOOOOO ((hugs)) Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 6:54:48 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 8:52:05 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Oh, Heidi,

Have a wonderful day.

Oh, Heidi,

Have a wonderful day.

LOL Joan!!! I love it!!! Scream it to the whole world!!!!!! NO MORE STRESS PLEASE GOD!!!!!!!!!! ok, now i feel better too.

I am truly grateful and blessed to have found this group and the understanding and compassion here. I have joined other groups before for other things but never stayed with it. This feels like home. We are all joined together for a reason. There is always a plan.

And Heidi, you are a great mom! Bex is so lucky to have you as his mommy. And you do a wonderful job motivating us, supporting us, helping new members....you are so good about posting to everyone elses post. You and Tasha both. You have no idea how much that meant to me and still means to me when i post something. You are a great resource and we all love you for it!!!

Subject: Re: MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Monday, November 30, 2009, 9:03 PM

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 8:59:17 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Tasha,

TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www.. infantil escoliosis. org/stories. html

LOL Joan!!! I love it!!! Scream it to the whole world!!!!!! NO MORE STRESS PLEASE GOD!!!!!!!!!! ok, now i feel better too.

I am truly grateful and blessed to have found this group and the understanding and compassion here. I have joined other groups before for other things but never stayed with it. This feels like home. We are all joined together for a reason. There is always a plan.

And Heidi, you are a great mom! Bex is so lucky to have you as his mommy. And you do a wonderful job motivating us, supporting us, helping new members....you are so good about posting to everyone elses post. You and Tasha both. You have no idea how much that meant to me and still means to me when i post something. You are a great resource and we all love you for it!!!

Subject: Re: MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Monday, November 30, 2009, 9:03 PM

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 8:59:17 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Tasha,

TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www.. infantil escoliosis. org/stories. html

Tasha and Krista Sloan (she just had her second baby, Emma)- and other Moms here, changed the course of our child's life. And that's just the CAST members- not JUST- but and Liv-- you know what I mean. Our phone call with Heath and the www.infantilescoliosis website and the info from CAST- whoa.

You can't get rid of us that easily!!! XXXOOO Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 7:24:25 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

LOL Joan!!! I love it!!! Scream it to the whole world!!!!!! NO MORE STRESS PLEASE GOD!!!!!!!!! ! ok, now i feel better too.

From: Joan Vallee <hayro1611yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 9:03 PM

Tasha,

Tasha and Krista Sloan (she just had her second baby, Emma)- and other Moms here, changed the course of our child's life. And that's just the CAST members- not JUST- but and Liv-- you know what I mean. Our phone call with Heath and the www.infantilescoliosis website and the info from CAST- whoa.

You can't get rid of us that easily!!! XXXOOO Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 7:24:25 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

LOL Joan!!! I love it!!! Scream it to the whole world!!!!!! NO MORE STRESS PLEASE GOD!!!!!!!!! ! ok, now i feel better too.

From: Joan Vallee <hayro1611yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 9:03 PM

Tasha,

Tasha,

I just LOVE my CAST family!!!!! Kisses and lots of HUGS to you all!!!!!Happy Tuesday!!!!! SMILE :) TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www.infantilescoliosis.org/stories.htmlFrom: NIck Guthe To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:50:12 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Tasha and Krista Sloan (she just had her second baby, Emma)- and other Moms here, changed the course of our child's life. And that's just the CAST members- not JUST- but and Liv-- you know what I mean. Our phone call with Heath and the www.infantilescolio sis website and the info from CAST- whoa.

From: <missikay10yahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 7:24:25 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Tasha,

I just LOVE my CAST family!!!!! Kisses and lots of HUGS to you all!!!!!Happy Tuesday!!!!! SMILE :) TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www.infantilescoliosis.org/stories.htmlFrom: NIck Guthe To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:50:12 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Tasha and Krista Sloan (she just had her second baby, Emma)- and other Moms here, changed the course of our child's life. And that's just the CAST members- not JUST- but and Liv-- you know what I mean. Our phone call with Heath and the www.infantilescolio sis website and the info from CAST- whoa.

From: <missikay10yahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 7:24:25 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Tasha,

Well said ! My MIL isn't too bad but can be annoying at times since she doesn't understand this at all. On the other hand, my family is so screwed up. I am one of 6 and barely any of us speak to each other. My oldest sister hasn't spoken to me since Isabella was 4 months old and she has no reason. She is always jealous but how can she be jealous of me when I had a child that died, a miscarriage, an ectopic pregnancy, and a child with PIS? I could go on for days about her but she isn't worth my time and I've learned to deal with it. It's a shame that members of our own families can treat us so badly. I thank God everyday for bringing this CAST group into my life! Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 3rd cast

(Rochester) & mom to & EvanTo: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 4:15:47 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Why is it we feel like just because people are related we are suppossed to tolerate them? There is no way any one of us would let in or invite someone so rude and offensive into our homes so why do we do it for "family?" I think after many years of thinking about how i was treated by my father after my mother died when i was 13 is this: We cannot choose who we are related to BUT we can choose who we allow into our lives and how we allow them to treat us. We can also choose how we respond to them. As adults (i did not have the option as a child) we have the POWER to choose who we allow the PRIVILEDGE to be in our lives and the lives of our children. If they dont make you or yours feel loved and respected they are not worth your time or energy. Holidays are about spending time with those who we love

and who love

us. Why pretend for 1 day a year that things are any different? Surround yourself with people who love and respect you. Forget the rest. You have the power and you are worth it!!

All of you would be welcome to my house for the holidays any time!! Thanks for everyone and all of your love and support. I CHOOSE you all to be a part of my family!!

From: Tasha Fontenot <ryanswalkyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 2:35 PM

Oh wow....someone has a MIL very much like mine. Just this summer while staying at her house my husband went to check his email on her computer. It was set up in the kitchen, in full view of ANYONE! When Brant went to move the mouse to get the screen saver off there was an email open and it was bashing ME, THE BOYS and Brant! We were so mad, but not surprised. Long story short......he later came clean that he read it, but basically told her off. I was so hurt and MAD! We have decided to keep our distance with his parents. I'm done. I'll be cordial, but that is it!This was nothing new. She has been like this for years(Brant says all his life)and I could go on and on with stories.All I wanted to say is.......is it worth it to spend ONE day with her if she is going to ruin it and make you feel so awful. Then

I asked my husband to talk to her, but it continued until I confronted her.. I said this is my home, I can serve what I want to in my own home- I serve serve green beans if I want green beans! She apologized but then shot looks at my stepfather about me, in front of me. The next day, she told me what I could or could not order at lunch- and she wasn't even paying for it!

Well said ! My MIL isn't too bad but can be annoying at times since she doesn't understand this at all. On the other hand, my family is so screwed up. I am one of 6 and barely any of us speak to each other. My oldest sister hasn't spoken to me since Isabella was 4 months old and she has no reason. She is always jealous but how can she be jealous of me when I had a child that died, a miscarriage, an ectopic pregnancy, and a child with PIS? I could go on for days about her but she isn't worth my time and I've learned to deal with it. It's a shame that members of our own families can treat us so badly. I thank God everyday for bringing this CAST group into my life! Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 3rd cast

(Rochester) & mom to & EvanTo: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 4:15:47 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Why is it we feel like just because people are related we are suppossed to tolerate them? There is no way any one of us would let in or invite someone so rude and offensive into our homes so why do we do it for "family?" I think after many years of thinking about how i was treated by my father after my mother died when i was 13 is this: We cannot choose who we are related to BUT we can choose who we allow into our lives and how we allow them to treat us. We can also choose how we respond to them. As adults (i did not have the option as a child) we have the POWER to choose who we allow the PRIVILEDGE to be in our lives and the lives of our children. If they dont make you or yours feel loved and respected they are not worth your time or energy. Holidays are about spending time with those who we love

and who love

us. Why pretend for 1 day a year that things are any different? Surround yourself with people who love and respect you. Forget the rest. You have the power and you are worth it!!

All of you would be welcome to my house for the holidays any time!! Thanks for everyone and all of your love and support. I CHOOSE you all to be a part of my family!!

From: Tasha Fontenot <ryanswalkyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 2:35 PM

Oh wow....someone has a MIL very much like mine. Just this summer while staying at her house my husband went to check his email on her computer. It was set up in the kitchen, in full view of ANYONE! When Brant went to move the mouse to get the screen saver off there was an email open and it was bashing ME, THE BOYS and Brant! We were so mad, but not surprised. Long story short......he later came clean that he read it, but basically told her off. I was so hurt and MAD! We have decided to keep our distance with his parents. I'm done. I'll be cordial, but that is it!This was nothing new. She has been like this for years(Brant says all his life)and I could go on and on with stories.All I wanted to say is.......is it worth it to spend ONE day with her if she is going to ruin it and make you feel so awful. Then

I asked my husband to talk to her, but it continued until I confronted her.. I said this is my home, I can serve what I want to in my own home- I serve serve green beans if I want green beans! She apologized but then shot looks at my stepfather about me, in front of me. The next day, she told me what I could or could not order at lunch- and she wasn't even paying for it!

and who love

Ditto Tasha! Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 3rd cast (Rochester) & mom to & EvanTo: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Tue, December 1, 2009 8:15:42 AMSubject: Re: MIL

rant

I just LOVE my CAST family!!!!! Kisses and lots of HUGS to you all!!!!!Happy Tuesday!!!!! SMILE :) TashaMommy of 4 year old twin boys- and Fort Worth, TexasSeries of 6 casts for 14 months and now in a night brace. is treated at Texas ish Rite Hospital.You can read 's story at....http://www.infantil escoliosis. org/stories. htmlFrom: NIck Guthe

<nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 11:50:12 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Tasha,