RemedySpot.com

Re: MIL rant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OOOH Heidi....Yikes. I feel for you!

Not good...I guess you are thankful that the holidays are OVER!! Will you have to deal with her at Xmas/Hanukkah?

So sorry I missed you in LA, We were crazy busy as I can see you were too..We will catch you next time!

Connie

MIL rant

Hi, well, I think this relates to casting, because we certainly do not need additional stress put on us by our families, we are travelling for cast 5 in less than 2 weeks. Why don't family members GET IT????

Okay, I agreed to host Thanksgiving at our house with only 2 requests: that is be easy and stress free, and I did not want to spend all day cooking the turkey. I've only cooked a turkey once, so I offered to buy it or my MIL or my friend Britt could cook it- no pressure, only if they desired. Britt happily offered, my MIL insisted she would do it.

We cleaned the house top to bottom, spent days making lists and shopping at 4 different stores (and paying for) all of the food, waiting in lines, etc. I spent 4 hours Thanksgiving morning cleaning and preparing a lunch we could all eat while cooking, while getting Bex ready, washing his hair over the sink, etc.

My MIL is like the mother from "Everybody Loves ". She created extreme stress from the moment she arrived, taking over my kitchen and ordering me around like the Queen of Sheba. All she was making was a turkey and packaged stuffing! I and my friend Britt made everything else. When my friend arrived with 3 wonderful homemade dishes, my MIL was rude to her and insulted her, too, with directives- insisting we now could NOT have mashed potatoes and green beans, because Britt had brought roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts! And then she made Britt feel bad because she announced that she doesn't eat brussel sprouts (but she would suffer by not having a green vegetable now.)

I asked my husband to talk to her, but it continued until I confronted her. I said this is my home, I can serve what I want to in my own home- I serve serve green beans if I want green beans! She apologized but then shot looks at my stepfather about me, in front of me. The next day, she told me what I could or could not order at lunch- and she wasn't even paying for it!

I finially told her I am not a child, and I am not her child. I am practically 40! She then cried to my husband for 45 minutes, saying she "slipped"- this is a women who is very smart and knows what she is saying. Why are people so selfish, when we are going through a lot, right now? ARGHH!

Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

Not good...I guess you are thankful that the holidays are OVER!! Will you have to deal with her at Xmas/Hanukkah?

So sorry I missed you in LA, We were crazy busy as I can see you were too..We will catch you next time!

Connie

MIL rant

Hi, well, I think this relates to casting, because we certainly do not need additional stress put on us by our families, we are travelling for cast 5 in less than 2 weeks. Why don't family members GET IT????

Okay, I agreed to host Thanksgiving at our house with only 2 requests: that is be easy and stress free, and I did not want to spend all day cooking the turkey. I've only cooked a turkey once, so I offered to buy it or my MIL or my friend Britt could cook it- no pressure, only if they desired. Britt happily offered, my MIL insisted she would do it.

We cleaned the house top to bottom, spent days making lists and shopping at 4 different stores (and paying for) all of the food, waiting in lines, etc. I spent 4 hours Thanksgiving morning cleaning and preparing a lunch we could all eat while cooking, while getting Bex ready, washing his hair over the sink, etc.

My MIL is like the mother from "Everybody Loves ". She created extreme stress from the moment she arrived, taking over my kitchen and ordering me around like the Queen of Sheba. All she was making was a turkey and packaged stuffing! I and my friend Britt made everything else. When my friend arrived with 3 wonderful homemade dishes, my MIL was rude to her and insulted her, too, with directives- insisting we now could NOT have mashed potatoes and green beans, because Britt had brought roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts! And then she made Britt feel bad because she announced that she doesn't eat brussel sprouts (but she would suffer by not having a green vegetable now.)

I asked my husband to talk to her, but it continued until I confronted her. I said this is my home, I can serve what I want to in my own home- I serve serve green beans if I want green beans! She apologized but then shot looks at my stepfather about me, in front of me. The next day, she told me what I could or could not order at lunch- and she wasn't even paying for it!

I finially told her I am not a child, and I am not her child. I am practically 40! She then cried to my husband for 45 minutes, saying she "slipped"- this is a women who is very smart and knows what she is saying. Why are people so selfish, when we are going through a lot, right now? ARGHH!

Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

Oh...*HUGE HUGS!!!*

I'm sorry your holiday was so horrible. I hate that! I myself was dreading the holiday too because of my FIL. He and I just don't get along. Well, he had surgery about 2 weeks ago and is still in recovery mode (sleeping a lot, can't drink, etc.) I think it was the easiest weekend I have ever had at their house!

I hope now that its over, you can try to let it go and focus on the people in your life that make life easier for you!

Oh, and VENT all you want! ;)

Jane

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 9:54:35 AMSubject: MIL rant

I finially told her I am not a child, and I am not her child. I am practically 40! She then cried to my husband for 45 minutes, saying she "slipped"- this is a women who is very smart and knows what she is saying. Why are people so selfish, when we are going through a lot, right now? ARGHH! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

Heidi,

I feel for you girl!! I know your pain. I will say though that my MIL has become slightly better.. I would put her on "probation" meaning that I would not answer the phone, talk with her by email, or have anything to do with her after she pissed me off. I don't know if she finally "got it" or if she just mellowed out.

My MIL hates my dogs, doesn't understand why I am a vegetarian, tries to feed my kids junk constantly, doesn't understand why my daughter needs a booster seat, says I am overprotective of my kids,ect, ect, ect. I can do nothing right but at least she knows I don't care what she thinks anymore.

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:54:35 PMSubject: MIL rant

I finially told her I am not a child, and I am not her child. I am practically 40! She then cried to my husband for 45 minutes, saying she "slipped"- this is a women who is very smart and knows what she is saying. Why are people so selfish, when we are going through a lot, right now? ARGHH! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

Heidi,

I feel for you girl!! I know your pain. I will say though that my MIL has become slightly better.. I would put her on "probation" meaning that I would not answer the phone, talk with her by email, or have anything to do with her after she pissed me off. I don't know if she finally "got it" or if she just mellowed out.

My MIL hates my dogs, doesn't understand why I am a vegetarian, tries to feed my kids junk constantly, doesn't understand why my daughter needs a booster seat, says I am overprotective of my kids,ect, ect, ect. I can do nothing right but at least she knows I don't care what she thinks anymore.

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:54:35 PMSubject: MIL rant

Thanks, Connie! I'm sorry we missed each other- I was reeling from the drama, so I probably would've bee no fun! We're flying to be with my side of the fam. for Christmas, so I can avoid her for a while. No one in our family, however loving, really gets what this casting journey is like. Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:02:46 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Connie

[infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Thanks, Connie! I'm sorry we missed each other- I was reeling from the drama, so I probably would've bee no fun! We're flying to be with my side of the fam. for Christmas, so I can avoid her for a while. No one in our family, however loving, really gets what this casting journey is like. Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:02:46 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Connie

Connie

Yes, it's the constant unwanted advice, that implies we are stupid or bad parents. And it's not just once- she's like a bulldog or terrier who won't let go. I'm doing exactly the same thing, probabtion. She is surely playing the victim to anyone who'll listen. Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:07:19 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Heidi,

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:54:35 PMSubject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Yes, it's the constant unwanted advice, that implies we are stupid or bad parents. And it's not just once- she's like a bulldog or terrier who won't let go. I'm doing exactly the same thing, probabtion. She is surely playing the victim to anyone who'll listen. Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:07:19 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Heidi,

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:54:35 PMSubject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Heidi,

Thank you!! It would've been really lovely, Bex is so cute at this age, the food was great- all she had to do was be nice. Sometimes I wish family would treat you like they treat their friends. I felt like the whipping irl, but I am trying to let it go. I have to focus on all of the good things in our lives- maybe we'll get great correction on Dec. 15th!!! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:07:44 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Oh...*HUGE HUGS!!!*

I'm sorry your holiday was so horrible. I hate that! I myself was dreading the holiday too because of my FIL. He and I just don't get along. Well, he had surgery about 2 weeks ago and is still in recovery mode (sleeping a lot, can't drink, etc.) I think it was the easiest weekend I have ever had at their house!

I hope now that its over, you can try to let it go and focus on the people in your life that make life easier for you!

Jane

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 9:54:35 AMSubject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Thank you!! It would've been really lovely, Bex is so cute at this age, the food was great- all she had to do was be nice. Sometimes I wish family would treat you like they treat their friends. I felt like the whipping irl, but I am trying to let it go. I have to focus on all of the good things in our lives- maybe we'll get great correction on Dec. 15th!!! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:07:44 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Oh...*HUGE HUGS!!!*

Jane

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 9:54:35 AMSubject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Heidi

I am so sorry you had to have any of that happen to you! My MIL is a piece of work as well, but yours takes the cake. There is only so much a person can hold their peace about and I think mine would have been reached about the time she entered the kitchen to start giving orders.

You handled her like a pro and you should be proud!

Catie, 's mom

Subject: MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Monday, November 30, 2009, 5:54 PM

Heidi

I am so sorry you had to have any of that happen to you! My MIL is a piece of work as well, but yours takes the cake. There is only so much a person can hold their peace about and I think mine would have been reached about the time she entered the kitchen to start giving orders.

Catie, 's mom

Subject: MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Monday, November 30, 2009, 5:54 PM

Heidi, I like 's idea of putting her on probation. I have done that lately with my MIL, she doesn't GET the whole situation with Hayden either and makes very LIGHT of it.. So, I do not call her, answer her calls, return her calls or communicate with her AT ALL. If she wants to know what is going on with Bex, then she can call your husband. Just remove yourself from HER life. I know she is your husbands mother, but it doesn't mean you have to communicate with her. And when she is there for obligitory holidays, just be your self and enjoy your day and ignore her. I have learned to do this and it has helped me a lot. I used to get upset but the only person that it hurts is YOU. Good luck I hope you don't have to spend Christmas with her as well.

HUGS to you and Bex. Joanmom to Hayden 2 1/233 degrees1st cast down from 62 degrees Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:07:19 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Heidi,

Heidi, I like 's idea of putting her on probation. I have done that lately with my MIL, she doesn't GET the whole situation with Hayden either and makes very LIGHT of it.. So, I do not call her, answer her calls, return her calls or communicate with her AT ALL. If she wants to know what is going on with Bex, then she can call your husband. Just remove yourself from HER life. I know she is your husbands mother, but it doesn't mean you have to communicate with her. And when she is there for obligitory holidays, just be your self and enjoy your day and ignore her. I have learned to do this and it has helped me a lot. I used to get upset but the only person that it hurts is YOU. Good luck I hope you don't have to spend Christmas with her as well.

HUGS to you and Bex. Joanmom to Hayden 2 1/233 degrees1st cast down from 62 degrees Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:07:19 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Heidi,

Heidi,

You WILL get great correction. Don't worry.. Joanmom to Hayden 2 1/233 degrees1st cast down from 62 degrees Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:19:01 PMSubject: Re: MIL rant

From: Jane Bigler <janemharyahoo (DOT) com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:07:44 AMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Oh...*HUGE HUGS!!!*

Jane

Thank you, Catie! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:33:13 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Heidi

Catie, 's mom

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 5:54 PM

Thank you, Catie! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:33:13 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

Heidi

Catie, 's mom

From: NIck Guthe <nickgutheyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rantTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 30, 2009, 5:54 PM

Thank you, Joan! What's crazy is that I tried so hard for it not to become a conflict- I hate confrontation- I even asked my husband and my friend to be aware if she strted acting like that so I could escape- but even that didn't stop her. How can any Grandma make light of what Hayden and you are going through?

I'm just going to avoid her for a long time, luckily (saint) Nick supports me in this!Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:41:37 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

From: McSheffrey <teresamcsheffrey@ yahoo..com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:07:19 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Heidi,

Thank you, Joan! What's crazy is that I tried so hard for it not to become a conflict- I hate confrontation- I even asked my husband and my friend to be aware if she strted acting like that so I could escape- but even that didn't stop her. How can any Grandma make light of what Hayden and you are going through?

I'm just going to avoid her for a long time, luckily (saint) Nick supports me in this!Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:41:37 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

From: McSheffrey <teresamcsheffrey@ yahoo..com>To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, November 30, 2009 12:07:19 PMSubject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] MIL rant

Heidi,

I really appreciate the support, you guys! Jenn, I think yours is worse, based on FB. They should really be trying to make our lives easier, not harder!

You're all making me feel better- you rock. Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:48:00 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

I am so so sorry that you are having MIL problems. I can completely relate (as anyone who is on facebook knows). Hang in there and know that I'm thinking of you. I love how she is mean and then it is her crying for sympathy. Reminds my so much of my own MIL.

Jenn

Mommy to Cole, 23 months, 3rd cast from rochester, 18 degrees out of cast down from 47, chiari malformation

I really appreciate the support, you guys! Jenn, I think yours is worse, based on FB. They should really be trying to make our lives easier, not harder!

You're all making me feel better- you rock. Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Mon, November 30, 2009 10:48:00 AMSubject: Re: MIL rant

I am so so sorry that you are having MIL problems. I can completely relate (as anyone who is on facebook knows). Hang in there and know that I'm thinking of you. I love how she is mean and then it is her crying for sympathy. Reminds my so much of my own MIL.

Jenn

Mommy to Cole, 23 months, 3rd cast from rochester, 18 degrees out of cast down from 47, chiari malformation