RemedySpot.com

HELP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I know your getting alot of advice here and its all good but I wanted to let you know I do know how you feel. A couple of summers ago I was in the darkest hole and didn't think I would climb back out. My mom was petrified. The words cannot describe how you feel and how empty you feel. I do understand. Don't take what someone says about you to heart. Does she even really know you? And when you have chronic pain it's hard to be real social and for people to understand. Maybe she's the weird one for being so judgemental toward you. I agree you need someone to talk to. And let the tears fall. That can be a big release. A suicide hotline is a good place to start. They are trained in listening and hearing what you need. I would absolutly talk to you if you wish. But that has to be a choice you make since you don't know me. Reach out to someone and let someone reach back. There is someone out there that will help. My number is . Day or night if you feel you want to. Please don't give up and keep communicating. Think of your son too. He would have so many unanswered questions. I wouldn't be fair to him or the people that love you.

I'm thinking and praying for you

Help

I know this is a chronic pain site, and I do have chronic pain, but I need help in a different way. I have had one of the worse weekends in the longest time. I started crying an hour ago, can't seem to stop. My husband is gone till Friday evening, left Friday morning. My son had a friend over for the weekend. I didn't get much sleep (which isn't helping my mood any), they argued almost the entire time, and neither one of them seemed to give a rats *** for what I said. Now to top off the entire weekend, he just hit my neighbors four year old little boy. I made him write an apology, as well as say it in person, and she says everything's ok, but I'm still scared she'll call the police. Shortly before that a (what I thought was) friend of mine's son was playing outside. I offered him a Popsicle. When I gave it to him, he looks me dead in the eye and says "My mom says you're weird". HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RESPOND TO THAT? I just played like it was ok and all, because I don't think he should be in the middle of that. I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and I don't know what to do. Some pretty bad thoughts are running through my head. All I want to do is go to sleep and never wake up. Please, someone, I need some help before I do something I will regret.

Type your search here:

www.

.com

Know someone who could profit from our list? Send our direct sign-up URL: http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/chronic_pain or write us at: chronic_pain-listowneronelistManage your subscription with several special email addresses:chronic_pain-owneronelist - Sends email to the list owners chronic_pain-subscribeonelist - Subscribe to the list through email chronic_pain-unsubscribeonelist - Unsubscribe from the list chronic_pain-normalonelist - Switch your subscription to normal chronic_pain-digestonelist - Switch your subscription to digest

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

I know this sounds strange but call your local pastor, just look in the phone

book and find a pastor that is listed in the Christian section. If that

pastor doesn't respond call another until you find the right one. I will

pray thay God will send you the person you need. You could also call your

local suicide prevention hotline. The people that man the line are there to

help. And by the way all of us are weird. Being the ONLY normal person is

strange. Hang in there, life is not easy, raising children is not easy.The

sun will come up tomorrow and be thankful we are all different.

kat

Guest guest

Stop. Take a deep breath. Hold it. Let it out slowly. Do it several times. Fill your lungs deeply. Slow your breathing down. Now try to relax and think of something positive: a wonderful memory, a wonderful person, a happy event. Dwell on that, put everything else out of your mind. Remember. Smile. Relax. Focus your thoughts on the positive idea you have choosen.

Now, call a friend who you trust. Someone who will listen to you, who will try to understand and comfort you. Someone who might come over and help you talk things out. It might be your pastor, a sister, a parent, a friend. Talk it out with them. If things are as serious as you lead me to believe, you may need to call your doctor, or even ask a friend to take you to the hospital. If you have appropriate anti-anxiety medication at home, ask the doctor what dose he/she believes you should take. Your call for help is urgent.

This is not the time to make decisions that might hurt you, or another person. If you have family or friends nearby, call them and ask them to take your son to their home. There is someone who cares for you and who will help you. But they cannot help, if they do not know that you need the help now. Get on the phone and get some help. Walk to a neighbor's house you know is caring and kind. Forget about the ones who don't understand and who don't care. That's their problem, not yours.

Let me know how things are going. I care. So do lots of other folks on this list. If you need to call me do so: .

Ray in Virginia

Guest guest

Stop. Take a deep breath. Hold it. Let it out slowly. Do it several times. Fill your lungs deeply. Slow your breathing down. Now try to relax and think of something positive: a wonderful memory, a wonderful person, a happy event. Dwell on that, put everything else out of your mind. Remember. Smile. Relax. Focus your thoughts on the positive idea you have choosen.

Now, call a friend who you trust. Someone who will listen to you, who will try to understand and comfort you. Someone who might come over and help you talk things out. It might be your pastor, a sister, a parent, a friend. Talk it out with them. If things are as serious as you lead me to believe, you may need to call your doctor, or even ask a friend to take you to the hospital. If you have appropriate anti-anxiety medication at home, ask the doctor what dose he/she believes you should take. Your call for help is urgent.

This is not the time to make decisions that might hurt you, or another person. If you have family or friends nearby, call them and ask them to take your son to their home. There is someone who cares for you and who will help you. But they cannot help, if they do not know that you need the help now. Get on the phone and get some help. Walk to a neighbor's house you know is caring and kind. Forget about the ones who don't understand and who don't care. That's their problem, not yours.

Let me know how things are going. I care. So do lots of other folks on this list. If you need to call me do so: .

Ray in Virginia

Guest guest

I really appreciate the advice, but I have no one to talk to. Husband is out of town, don't get along with sister, have no friends, and my mother just says to "take it easy for a while". During times like these I really feel lonely. If I can't get these thoughts out of my head, I am going to call a local number, don't know which one though. I tried to call someone I know, but then she started talking about how hard her life is, and what her kids are doing, etc. Couldn't take it, I called for her to help me out for once. Just reading your responses started the tears again. I don't know what's wrong with me. I am at the max dose on my medication, so I'm kinda stuck there. I think my son got the message though, he's been pretty quiet for a while now. I'm sorry to bother you guys, but I couldn't think of anyone else. I knew you guys would understand.

Re: Help

Ray in Virginia

Know someone who could profit from our list? Send our direct sign-up URL: http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/chronic_pain or write us at: chronic_pain-listowneronelistManage your subscription with several special email addresses:chronic_pain-owneronelist - Sends email to the list owners chronic_pain-subscribeonelist - Subscribe to the list through email chronic_pain-unsubscribeonelist - Unsubscribe from the list chronic_pain-normalonelist - Switch your subscription to normal chronic_pain-digestonelist - Switch your subscription to digest

Guest guest

Dear ... WHOA! Surely you know that checking out is not an Option. Say more, what are you feeling most, is it about your own insides or how you appeared or acted toward another human being? I guess you feel pretty sad about your son's actions and domeone (duh) calling you a name? It's so understandable as you explain - there's lots to talk over, lots of good folks to talk to ... very understanding and caring people here. Say More , and how do you feel now? What's happening with your son and his friend(s)?

Tomorrow is going to be better! Promise! You won't remember the details and will be much calmer. You sought to bring order to a situation you didn't start and guess what, that's when we get pies in our faces! What you are going through with people while you're stressed, I don't mean to minimize it al all, but it seems very Natural and you tell it well,so that through your words I'm right there with you as you describe these complicated interactions. And don't be scared if someone is going to call police; sometimes they arrive and see a person is scared and alone or hurting, and they help!

And I'm calling in super-praye-Angels too.

:) Interested and best wishes, :) MF.

P.S. So did he take the popsicle after all? A little word-joke: "Cooool."

==> ==> http://www.misek-falkoff.org resumehttp://www.cyberlibel-usa.net issues

Help

I know this is a chronic pain site, and I do have chronic pain, but I need help in a different way. I have had one of the worse weekends in the longest time. I started crying an hour ago, can't seem to stop. My husband is gone till Friday evening, left Friday morning. My son had a friend over for the weekend. I didn't get much sleep (which isn't helping my mood any), they argued almost the entire time, and neither one of them seemed to give a rats *** for what I said. Now to top off the entire weekend, he just hit my neighbors four year old little boy. I made him write an apology, as well as say it in person, and she says everything's ok, but I'm still scared she'll call the police. Shortly before that a (what I thought was) friend of mine's son was playing outside. I offered him a Popsicle. When I gave it to him, he looks me dead in the eye and says "My mom says you're weird". HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RESPOND TO THAT? I just played like it was ok and all, because I don't think he should be in the middle of that. I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and I don't know what to do. Some pretty bad thoughts are running through my head. All I want to do is go to sleep and never wake up. Please, someone, I need some help before I do something I will regret.

Type your search here:

www.

.com

Guest guest

Count me in too. . :) .

Ray in Virginia

Guest guest

Count me in too. . :) .

Ray in Virginia

Guest guest

Still pretty much in the same mood. Can't seem to stop crying longer than a few minutes. Some of the "severe" thoughts have started to go away, but still have some disturbing ones to get through. I hope that if I can get through the night, I'll be ok. (we'll see) My son has a real easy time making friends, but hard time keeping them. He has lost 6 in the last three years. He doesn't want to go to school cause he says kids pick on him. That happened to me and know how it feels. Can't help him, wish I could. Yes the little boy took the Popsicle. I didn't think it right to change my mind either. Times like this it would be nice (in a way) to believe in some great deity who's looking over me. I just feel so alone, no adults to talk to, Ricky's in bed now, so he's not even "here", it's so quiet. I just wish my hubby were here. He could take care of this for me, and help me get through the night. :( Thanks

Dear ... WHOA! Surely you know that checking out is not an Option. Say more, what are you feeling most, is it about your own insides or how you appeared or acted toward another human being? I guess you feel pretty sad about your son's actions and domeone (duh) calling you a name? It's so understandable as you explain - there's lots to talk over, lots of good folks to talk to ... very understanding and caring people here. Say More , and how do you feel now? What's happening with your son and his friend(s)?

Guest guest

Well, I broke down and talked to a therapist. (the one I go to) I couldn't find his number, took quite a while, but I did it. He is going to call tomorrow and have my meds changed, upped, or added to. Until then I'm supposed to go into a chat room and talk away till I feel better. I'm going to give it a try. I need something. My blood pressure is so high, I feel sick. Thank you for listening to me, I really appreciate it. Still trying to maintain, trying to calm down, trying to make the thoughts in my head go away, but it's a battle I've had to do before.

Love

I know your getting alot of advice here and its all good but I wanted to let you know I do know how you feel. A couple of summers ago I was in the darkest hole and didn't think I would climb back out. My mom was petrified. The words cannot describe how you feel and how empty you feel. I do understand. Don't take what someone says about you to heart. Does she even really know you? And when you have chronic pain it's hard to be real social and for people to understand. Maybe she's the weird one for being so judgemental toward you. I agree you need someone to talk to. And let the tears fall. That can be a big release. A suicide hotline is a good place to start. They are trained in listening and hearing what you need. I would absolutly talk to you if you wish. But that has to be a choice you make since you don't know me. Reach out to someone and let someone reach back. There is someone out there that will help. My number is . Day or night if you feel you want to. Please don't give up and keep communicating. Think of your son too. He would have so many unanswered questions. I wouldn't be fair to him or the people that love you.

Guest guest

, aren't you feeling just real tired out now, and this could lead to a feeling of calm; the suggested deep breathing is a good idea too. It sounds to me like your brought that little boy through a difficult growing up experience for him. That's why I asked you about the popsicle. He was facing unknowns at first, and you know? He was candid. But life is a lot about pushing the envelope (yeh, and sometimes we make little rips in it when we push!) Cna yhou let yourself think about how nice it was for the little boyh to have closure? To develop trust in the face of doubt? Betcha you are kind of exhausted. Think about us all communicating tomorrow. You are being realistic, and that's good, and sometimes of course it brings sadness; sadness, a human emotion, and think about all the people who can't feel. Yes, your husband isn't physically there, you're accurate, and you're feeling as you say "so alone"; these times make us more grateful when we next have company, don't you think. Or do you have a different thought to share? I myself am going to try to get some sleep (I am in some sad and troubled times too, but have been at the computer for hours now! Someone tell me to go to bed. Know what? I have to have a brace on myh neck, my ears ring so bad; and am in physical therapy and getting an appliance Tuesday I have to wear in my mouth for pain. Hard to get popsicles in I bet! And I feel so alone in the bedroom, with my ears ringing in the night and feeling like its fencing me in. Here's something I found helpful, and it could help you tonight too: get a stack of pillows and put them undr your knees on your bed, facing up of course. It does something very peaceful to the line of the body - really -even swhen I am very sad or lonely it helps a lot. Tho the pillows are below, there's a feeling of protection - probably goes back to baby days. Well, goodnight and promise to C U tomorrow here or the next day. To hear (read) how things are going with U!

:) .

:)

Still pretty much in the same mood. Can't seem to stop crying longer than a few minutes. Some of the "severe" thoughts have started to go away, but still have some disturbing ones to get through. I hope that if I can get through the night, I'll be ok. (we'll see) My son has a real easy time making friends, but hard time keeping them. He has lost 6 in the last three years. He doesn't want to go to school cause he says kids pick on him. That happened to me and know how it feels. Can't help him, wish I could. Yes the little boy took the Popsicle. I didn't think it right to change my mind either. Times like this it would be nice (in a way) to believe in some great deity who's looking over me. I just feel so alone, no adults to talk to, Ricky's in bed now, so he's not even "here", it's so quiet. I just wish my hubby were here. He could take care of this for me, and help me get through the night. :( Thanks

Guest guest

, aren't you feeling just real tired out now, and this could lead to a feeling of calm; the suggested deep breathing is a good idea too. It sounds to me like your brought that little boy through a difficult growing up experience for him. That's why I asked you about the popsicle. He was facing unknowns at first, and you know? He was candid. But life is a lot about pushing the envelope (yeh, and sometimes we make little rips in it when we push!) Cna yhou let yourself think about how nice it was for the little boyh to have closure? To develop trust in the face of doubt? Betcha you are kind of exhausted. Think about us all communicating tomorrow. You are being realistic, and that's good, and sometimes of course it brings sadness; sadness, a human emotion, and think about all the people who can't feel. Yes, your husband isn't physically there, you're accurate, and you're feeling as you say "so alone"; these times make us more grateful when we next have company, don't you think. Or do you have a different thought to share? I myself am going to try to get some sleep (I am in some sad and troubled times too, but have been at the computer for hours now! Someone tell me to go to bed. Know what? I have to have a brace on myh neck, my ears ring so bad; and am in physical therapy and getting an appliance Tuesday I have to wear in my mouth for pain. Hard to get popsicles in I bet! And I feel so alone in the bedroom, with my ears ringing in the night and feeling like its fencing me in. Here's something I found helpful, and it could help you tonight too: get a stack of pillows and put them undr your knees on your bed, facing up of course. It does something very peaceful to the line of the body - really -even swhen I am very sad or lonely it helps a lot. Tho the pillows are below, there's a feeling of protection - probably goes back to baby days. Well, goodnight and promise to C U tomorrow here or the next day. To hear (read) how things are going with U!

:)

Guest guest

A 911 operator could get you in contact with Suicide Prevention

people who will talk with you, or other local counseling if it's available.

If you feel you need to, don't hesitate to make the call. And if you do,

don't get upset if you get put on hole. that happens when they try to find

help for you or have a violent crime at the same time as a police

emergency. There are people here & where you are who are on your side even

though you haven't met yet.

Family Service League, Catholic Charities & Jewish family Service

are the type of places that could generally help someone get mor personal

time, which it appears could be good for you.

Ken

At 07:22 PM 6/4/00 -0700, Karnosh, wisely said:

>but I have no one to talk to.

| Turbin | mailto:kturbin@... |

* Page me online through ICQ: http://www.mirabilis.com/17198172

Tel. (702) 312- 6888 | Fax | GetICQ http://www.icq.com/

Guest guest

A 911 operator could get you in contact with Suicide Prevention

people who will talk with you, or other local counseling if it's available.

If you feel you need to, don't hesitate to make the call. And if you do,

don't get upset if you get put on hole. that happens when they try to find

help for you or have a violent crime at the same time as a police

emergency. There are people here & where you are who are on your side even

though you haven't met yet.

Family Service League, Catholic Charities & Jewish family Service

are the type of places that could generally help someone get mor personal

time, which it appears could be good for you.

Ken

At 07:22 PM 6/4/00 -0700, Karnosh, wisely said:

>but I have no one to talk to.

Guest guest

If you really need to call someone, we are here.

Ken

At 09:44 PM 6/4/00 -0700, Karnosh, wisely said:

>Still trying to maintain, trying to calm down, trying to make the thoughts

>in my head go away, but it's a battle I've had to do before.

Guest guest

If you really need to call someone, we are here.

Ken

At 09:44 PM 6/4/00 -0700, Karnosh, wisely said:

>Still trying to maintain, trying to calm down, trying to make the thoughts

>in my head go away, but it's a battle I've had to do before.

Guest guest

I have yet to find anything that comforts me when my husband is gone. I usually do a ton of work (house, gardening, etc.), get completely exhausted, and cause the depression to be worse. I have yet to find out how to relax. Would love to today, but can't. Oh well. This might give you a chuckle. Have you seen that commercial for Quaker graham snacks? "Kids talking too much?". Well, I thought of that commercial when he said that. Wasn't real funny then, but it's a little amusing today. One highlight of today, I'll be getting Dish Network with local channels today!!!! I had Primestar, DirecTV bought them out, switched me over, and haven't been happy since. That's at 9 this morning (give or take), then have to make phone calls, then take cats to the vet @2:30, son to practice at 6. I'm really going to need some encouragement about half way through my day. Thanks

Guest guest

I hope you are feeling somewhat better. If not, call me, or someone, from this list or otherwise. This list is to support each other, so feel free to call!

Amy

Amy WPortland, ORackwb@...http://chanaleh.homestead.com--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Imagination rules the world - NapoleonOur imagination flies; we are its shadow on the earth - NabakovImagination is more important than knowledge - EinsteinMom, no one can say you're not imaginative - my daughter

Guest guest

....ken is right...there are people here to talk to you. If you want to

chat with me or just email me privately you can. Do you have icq? If you do

just give me your icq number and then when your online we can chat. We are

all here for you. Keep in touch and ask for help.

Tammy

>,

>

> A 911 operator could get you in contact with Suicide Prevention

>people who will talk with you, or other local counseling if it's available.

>If you feel you need to, don't hesitate to make the call. And if you do,

>don't get upset if you get put on hole. that happens when they try to find

>help for you or have a violent crime at the same time as a police

>emergency. There are people here & where you are who are on your side even

>though you haven't met yet.

>

> Family Service League, Catholic Charities & Jewish family Service

>are the type of places that could generally help someone get mor personal

>time, which it appears could be good for you.

>

> Ken

>

>

>At 07:22 PM 6/4/00 -0700, Karnosh, wisely said:

>>but I have no one to talk to.

>

>| Turbin | mailto:kturbin@... |

>* Page me online through ICQ: http://www.mirabilis.com/17198172

>Tel. (702) 312- 6888 | Fax | GetICQ http://www.icq.com/

>

>

>------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Never lose a file again. Protect yourself from accidental deletes,

>overwrites, and viruses with @Backup.

>Try @Backup it's easy, it's safe, and it's FREE!

>Click here to receive 300 MyPoints just for trying @Backup.

>http://click./1/4936/1/_/82384/_/960183856/

>------------------------------------------------------------------------

>

>Know someone who could profit from our list? Send our direct sign-up URL:

http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/chronic_pain or write us at:

chronic_pain-listowneronelist

>Manage your subscription with several special email addresses:

>chronic_pain-owneronelist - Sends email to the list owners

>chronic_pain-subscribeonelist - Subscribe to the list through email

>chronic_pain-unsubscribeonelist - Unsubscribe from the list

>chronic_pain-normalonelist - Switch your subscription to normal

>chronic_pain-digestonelist - Switch your subscription to digest

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi ....thanks for you icq number. Thats good that they are upping

your meds. Thats what happened to me with my celexa..I went from

20mg-40mg-60mg-80mg and back down to 60mg cause of side affects. Hope

your meds work for you.

Tammy

CH>My icq number is 42238379. I feel better knowing I have lots of people to

CH>talk to. They have slowly upped my meds until I'm over the max dose.

CH>Everytime I have an " episode " they up them. The only thing they say I have

CH>going for me, is the fact I know I need help and try to get it. I hope they

CH>are right.

CH>

CH>> ....ken is right...there are people here to talk to you. If you want

CH>to

CH>> chat with me or just email me privately you can. Do you have icq? If you

CH>do

CH>> just give me your icq number and then when your online we can chat. We are

CH>> all here for you. Keep in touch and ask for help.

CH>> Tammy

CH>------------------------------------------------------------------------

CH>Free @Backup service! Click here for your free trial of @Backup.

CH>@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access

CH>your files online. Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.

CH>http://click./1/4935/1/_/82384/_/960349381/

CH>------------------------------------------------------------------------

CH>Know someone who could profit from our list? Send our direct sign-up URL:

CH>Manage your subscription with several special email addresses:

CH>chronic_pain-owneronelist - Sends email to the list owners

CH>chronic_pain-subscribeonelist - Subscribe to the list through email

CH>chronic_pain-unsubscribeonelist - Unsubscribe from the list

CH>chronic_pain-normalonelist - Switch your subscription to normal

CH>chronic_pain-digestonelist - Switch your subscription to digest

Guest guest

My icq number is 42238379. I feel better knowing I have lots of people to

talk to. They have slowly upped my meds until I'm over the max dose.

Everytime I have an " episode " they up them. The only thing they say I have

going for me, is the fact I know I need help and try to get it. I hope they

are right.

> ....ken is right...there are people here to talk to you. If you want

to

> chat with me or just email me privately you can. Do you have icq? If you

do

> just give me your icq number and then when your online we can chat. We are

> all here for you. Keep in touch and ask for help.

> Tammy

Guest guest

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :) x x x x

> Hi ....thanks for you icq number. Thats good that they are upping

> your meds. Thats what happened to me with my celexa..I went from

> 20mg-40mg-60mg-80mg and back down to 60mg cause of side affects. Hope

> your meds work for you.

> Tammy

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hi Margot,

I have someone who can help you. His name is Ken and he runs a list here at

egroups.

chronic_painegroups

Also another is Comenyaro@...

Please hang in there.

Email me and let me know how you make out.

Please, pleas, do not go completely no mail.

Hugs,

Deb

Guest guest

Hi Margot,

I have someone who can help you. His name is Ken and he runs a list here at

egroups.

chronic_painegroups

Also another is Comenyaro@...

Please hang in there.

Email me and let me know how you make out.

Please, pleas, do not go completely no mail.

Hugs,

Deb