RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

new here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A question would be also is if when you started the lower dose were you heavy on the sodium rich foods and did you just override it? I started DASHing same time I started spiro and I was on 25mg once a day. But I dashed not so good at first, yet made the effort (i was still learning) and my BP was better in 2 doses/2days. Then as I dashed better and got healthier (my potassium was also now regulated so I felt great and exercised again - moderately) I dropped the spiro to 12.5 but my bp started getting 2 low and I fainted once. Just had to find a good balance. Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint

My bp sky rocketed right at the same time as I started on a very low dose of spiro so the doc had put me on Lisinopril, 10 mg. But now that the spiro is working at a higher dose so well I began to experience some dizziness. I contacted my dr and he told me I could lower the lisinopril dosage to half.

My goal has always been to be on as few meds as possible.

So, in my quest for lower bp I lost 35 pounds, exercise regularly and eat only real whole non-processed foods. I maintain that life style and my goal is to only be on spiro and at the lowest possible dosage that maintains my bp.

I have a .1 cm cyst on my right adrenal gland and at this time I chose to keep my adrenals where they are and see how things go. Things may change down the road, but that's my plan for now.

HTH!

>

> Are you taking other meds to control your bp? I am currently taking 2 others. They may end up increasing the spiro...idk. I'm just hoping my potassium doesn't drop really low b/c I was told to stop taking the supplement w/the spiro. I go for lab on Monday.

>

>

>

Guest guest

It is called an ACE cough and occurs in about 20% unless AA then more.Lebat will not work well in PA. Have you taken my Evolution of PA article to your team yet?CE Grim MD Lisinopril gave me a horrible cough so I will not go back on it anyways. I'm taking Norvasc and Lebetalol in addition to Spiro. Re: Re: new here Dash to need fewer meds. Remind your Dr that lisinopril will not work in PA. TAKE him my evolution article after u have read it and it will become clear. May your pressure be low! CE Grim MS, MD Specializing in Difficult Hypertension > My bp sky rocketed right at the same time as I started on a very low dose of spiro so the doc had put me on Lisinopril, 10 mg. But now that the spiro is working at a higher dose so well I began to experience some dizziness. I contacted my dr and he told me I could lower the lisinopril dosage to half. > > My goal has always been to be on as few meds as possible. > So, in my quest for lower bp I lost 35 pounds, exercise regularly and eat only real whole non-processed foods. I maintain that life style and my goal is to only be on spiro and at the lowest possible dosage that maintains my bp. > > I have a .1 cm cyst on my right adrenal gland and at this time I chose to keep my adrenal