RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That's great that you're getting that much correction in a brace. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it continues to do the job! Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 2nd cast (Rochester) & mom to & EvanTo: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Wed, October

14, 2009 9:02:48 PMSubject: Update

Hi all,

So, Marlycia was at Shriners last Fri 10/2 to get her brace and has been wearing it 23 hrs a day. They took an xray but no one went over anything with me at the time b/c the phys asst was out and drs were busy. Anyways, I spoke with Janet today and she gave me some numbers. Her sitting xray before she got her brace was at a 54 degree curve, in brace it went down to 21 degrees, so thats great news! We are going to keep her in it until early Jan, then go back for xrays and see where we're at. The appt is with the casting dr so we will decide whether or not to cast her then. I'm kind of happy she doesnt have to go right into casting b/c the brace has been so difficult for her!! But good news is her curve looked better in the brace, lets hope it stays that way.

Melinda

Mommy of Marlycia 9 mnths, Natalya 23 mnths

Scranton, PA