RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I hope that works out for you! Good luck!- Noelle's mommy, 2 1/2 years old and in 8th cast from Rochester NY, reflux, mild plagiocephaly, mild torticollos, hypotonia, ligament laxity, suspected Ehler's Danlos III

Subject: Fw: UPDATETo: allaboutme_n_you , congenitalscoliosissupport , ehlers-danlos-syndrome , friendship_bracelet , handicappedfriends@..., "Healing Friends" <healing-friends >, infantile_scoliosis , life-with-scoliosis , lovingwithdisabilities , michellesonlinefriends , opendiscussionwithhope , paininfo , peacefulcornersofescape , people_who_understand_the_pain2 , psychological_disability_advocacy , scoliochat , scoliosisnutty@..., singles_with_disabilities , somebodylikeme ,

supportfordisabilitiesanddisabled , susies-friends-forever , thecomfort_zone , thep_o_o_pgroup Date: Friday, September 11, 2009, 8:47 PM

---

---

Hope you are OK.

Today Graham came with me to the appliances at West Suffolk Hospital about some type of support for my back to stop my rib hump rubbing. I am going back in a few weeks to have a mould made to have some type of support under my clothes, not sure if it will work, will see how it goes.

I look forward to your comments

Liz

Guest guest

Dave,

That is wonderful news! Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

Subject: UpdateTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 6:10 PM

We took up to Rochester this week and ended up having him casted. He had a very rigid curve so we were pleased with his in-cast x-ray which showed an improvement from ~40 degrees out of cast to 17 degrees casted and an improvement in RVAD score from 19 to 10. We have visited several doctors and there were some pretty significant discrepancies in the measured RVAD scores which makes us wonder about the value of the RVAD but the results on his x-ray clearly showed an improvement in the curve, which is very exciting. Thank you everyone for all of your help in this process, it has been crucial as we searched to get the best care for our son. I'm sure that I will be pestering you all for cast care help going forward, probably extremely soon!Dave

Guest guest

Dave

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you have made the right choice for your son. And he had some good correction so that is good news. My son has his first cast as well, but it is going fine so far. Please let us know how he is doing and how he is handling cast life.

Joanmom to Hayden 2 1/233 degrees1st cast down from 62 degrees Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Sat, October 10, 2009 8:10:33 PMSubject: Update

We took up to Rochester this week and ended up having him casted. He had a very rigid curve so we were pleased with his in-cast x-ray which showed an improvement from ~40 degrees out of cast to 17 degrees casted and an improvement in RVAD score from 19 to 10. We have visited several doctors and there were some pretty significant discrepancies in the measured RVAD scores which makes us wonder about the value of the RVAD but the results on his x-ray clearly showed an improvement in the curve, which is very exciting. Thank you everyone for all of your help in this process, it has been crucial as we searched to get the best care for our son. I'm sure that I will be pestering you all for cast care help going forward, probably extremely soon!Dave

Guest guest

Wonderful news!!

MelindaMommy of Marlycia 8 mnths, Natalya 22 mnths

Scranton, PA

Update

Guest guest

It was great meeting you guys and I'm very excited for ! He's a sweet little thing! Please call me if you need anything!- Noelle's mommy, 2 1/2 years old and in 8th cast from Rochester NY, reflux, mild plagiocephaly, mild torticollos, hypotonia, ligament laxity, suspected Ehler's Danlos III

Subject: UpdateTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 1:10 AM

Guest guest

Dave,That is great news about the correction in cast! I'm glad we were all able to help you and we're here for you anytime! Good Luck!! Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 2nd cast (Rochester) & mom to & EvanTo: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Sat, October 10, 2009 9:10:33 PMSubject: Update

We took up to Rochester this week and ended up having him casted. He had a very rigid curve so we were pleased with his in-cast x-ray which showed an improvement from ~40 degrees out of cast to 17 degrees casted and an improvement in RVAD score from 19 to 10. We have visited several doctors and there were some pretty significant discrepancies in the measured RVAD scores which makes us wonder about the value of the RVAD but the results on his x-ray clearly showed an improvement in the curve, which is very exciting. Thank you everyone for all of your help in this process, it has been crucial as we searched to get the best care for our son. I'm sure that I will be pestering you all for cast care help going forward, probably extremely soon!

Dave

Guest guest

Dave,

I am very happy to hear that is getting treatment! What a significant

correction! Good luck to you!

Katsia

>

> We took up to Rochester this week and ended up having him casted. He

had a very rigid curve so we were pleased with his in-cast x-ray which showed an

improvement from ~40 degrees out of cast to 17 degrees casted and an improvement

in RVAD score from 19 to 10. We have visited several doctors and there were

some pretty significant discrepancies in the measured RVAD scores which makes us

wonder about the value of the RVAD but the results on his x-ray clearly showed

an improvement in the curve, which is very exciting. Thank you everyone for all

of your help in this process, it has been crucial as we searched to get the best

care for our son. I'm sure that I will be pestering you all for cast care help

going forward, probably extremely soon!

>

> Dave

>

Guest guest

Hi all,

So, Marlycia was at Shriners last Fri 10/2 to get her brace and has been wearing

it 23 hrs a day. They took an xray but no one went over anything with me at the

time b/c the phys asst was out and drs were busy. Anyways, I spoke with Janet

today and she gave me some numbers. Her sitting xray before she got her brace

was at a 54 degree curve, in brace it went down to 21 degrees, so thats great

news! We are going to keep her in it until early Jan, then go back for xrays and

see where we're at. The appt is with the casting dr so we will decide whether or

not to cast her then. I'm kind of happy she doesnt have to go right into casting

b/c the brace has been so difficult for her!! But good news is her curve looked

better in the brace, lets hope it stays that way.

Melinda

Mommy of Marlycia 9 mnths, Natalya 23 mnths

Scranton, PA

Guest guest

Thats great news Melinda. Keep us posted on her progress. Joanmom to Hayden 2 1/233 degrees1st cast down from 62 degrees Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Wed, October 14, 2009 8:02:48 PMSubject: Update

Hi all, So, Marlycia was at Shriners last Fri 10/2 to get her brace and has been wearing it 23 hrs a day. They took an xray but no one went over anything with me at the time b/c the phys asst was out and drs were busy. Anyways, I spoke with Janet today and she gave me some numbers. Her sitting xray before she got her brace was at a 54 degree curve, in brace it went down to 21 degrees, so thats great news! We are going to keep her in it until early Jan, then go back for xrays and see where we're at. The appt is with the casting dr so we will decide whether or not to cast her then. I'm kind of happy she doesnt have to go right into casting b/c the brace has been so difficult for her!! But good news is her curve looked better in the brace, lets hope it stays that way.MelindaMommy of Marlycia 9 mnths, Natalya 23 mnths Scranton, PA

Guest guest

Melinda,

That is great news about her in brace number! 54 out of brace is still high, though, you're doing the right thing to follow up as soon as possible. Early treatment with Mehta casting is so key.Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

Subject: UpdateTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 6:02 PM

Hi all, So, Marlycia was at Shriners last Fri 10/2 to get her brace and has been wearing it 23 hrs a day. They took an xray but no one went over anything with me at the time b/c the phys asst was out and drs were busy. Anyways, I spoke with Janet today and she gave me some numbers. Her sitting xray before she got her brace was at a 54 degree curve, in brace it went down to 21 degrees, so thats great news! We are going to keep her in it until early Jan, then go back for xrays and see where we're at. The appt is with the casting dr so we will decide whether or not to cast her then. I'm kind of happy she doesnt have to go right into casting b/c the brace has been so difficult for her!! But good news is her curve looked better in the brace, lets hope it stays that way.MelindaMommy of Marlycia 9 mnths, Natalya 23 mnths Scranton, PA

Guest guest

Melinda,

That is great news about her in brace number! 54 out of brace is still high, though, you're doing the right thing to follow up as soon as possible. Early treatment with Mehta casting is so key.Heidi, Bexon's Mama, (2 years old, in 4th cast from Salt Lake City Shriners, currently down from 61 degrees to 21)

Subject: UpdateTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 6:02 PM

Guest guest

Melinda,

Guest guest

Melinda,

Great news on the numbers. Do you go back for another xray before January to see if its holding or are you just waiting until Jan? BTW casting really isnt as bad as you may think :) Just to prepare you if they cast her...i dont know but it may prove easier than the brace since she cant tempt you to take it off of her!!

Subject: UpdateTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 8:02 PM

Guest guest

That's great and I hope you get more good news at your next appointment.... Please keep us posted.- Noelle's mommy, 2 1/2 years old and in 8th cast from Rochester NY, reflux, mild plagiocephaly, mild torticollos, hypotonia, ligament laxity, suspected Ehler's Danlos III

Subject: UpdateTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 1:02 AM

Guest guest

Ya, 54 is high but that was a sitting xray. Her supine xray was 31, still high though. I wonder, did anyone have a child braced that had improvement before they were casted?

Melinda

UpdateTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 6:02 PM

Guest guest

Ya, 54 is high but that was a sitting xray. Her supine xray was 31, still high though. I wonder, did anyone have a child braced that had improvement before they were casted?

Melinda

Guest guest

Melinda

Guest guest

Hi ,

No, I dont think so. Glad to hear casting isnt that bad. I've been doing really good with not taking her brace off. She wears it 23 hrs a day!! She just has a terrible time at night sleeping. I'm still a little skeptical about waiting until Jan for another xray. I might talk to them to see if she can come earlier, maybe Dec.

How was your move?

Melinda

UpdateTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 8:02 PM

Guest guest

Hi ,

No, I dont think so. Glad to hear casting isnt that bad. I've been doing really good with not taking her brace off. She wears it 23 hrs a day!! She just has a terrible time at night sleeping. I'm still a little skeptical about waiting until Jan for another xray. I might talk to them to see if she can come earlier, maybe Dec.

How was your move?

Melinda

Guest guest

Hi ,

How was your move?

Melinda

Guest guest

Thanks

Melinda

UpdateTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 1:02 AM

Guest guest

Thanks

Melinda

Guest guest

Thanks

Melinda

Guest guest

Melinda,

The move was ok. moving is NOT fun, but we made it! Now just unpacking. Thanks for asking. I think asking to come back in December is a great idea. I wouldnt be able to stand waiting until January to see what the curve has done, but thats just me. Im inpatient and extra cautious!! :)

From: melindalee95 <mindylee1verizon (DOT) net>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] UpdateTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 8:02 PM

Hi all, So, Marlycia was at Shriners last Fri 10/2 to get her brace and has been wearing it 23 hrs a day. They took an xray but no one went over anything with me at the time b/c the phys asst was out and drs were busy. Anyways, I spoke with Janet today and she gave me some numbers. Her sitting xray before she got her brace was at a 54 degree curve, in brace it went down to 21 degrees, so thats great news! We are going to keep her in it until early Jan, then go back for xrays and see where we're at. The appt is with the casting dr so we will decide whether or not to cast her then. I'm kind of happy she doesnt have to go right into casting b/c the brace has been so difficult for her!! But good news is her curve looked better in the brace, lets hope it stays that way.MelindaMommy of Marlycia 9 mnths, Natalya 23 mnths Scranton,

PA

Guest guest

Good news Melinda!

Noelle (12-2-01)

Ian (8-15-04)

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Wed, October 14, 2009 9:02:48 PMSubject: Update