RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Symptoms and Thanks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, they still deny. Last time when I visited my endo in October, he completely denied it, becausemy aldosterone was 66 ng/dL andplasma renin activity 74.16 NG/ML/H When I asked him if it's possible because I am Dashing and take eplrenone, he angrily said, that I didn't understand anything. I said, that's why I am asking you, explain it to me. No explanation followed. The only helpful thing was that he recognized that AVS was done incorrectly and told me to call to National Institute of Health to repeat AVS. When I asked him why do I need to repeat AVS if I am not going to have a surgery, he again angrily asked if I want to be diagnosed. I said I wanted

but not by the price of invasive inconclusive procedure. I attached the file with urine and blood tests and I would appreciate any comments about my diagnosis.>Hell I can't even talk the nurse practitioners I work with into TRYING spiro on resistant BPers. , I changed 2 PCP's, 3 endo's, 2 cardiologists and 3 nephrologists, until I got the prescription Natalia From: Bingham

To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 2:40 PM Subject: Re: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

Do they still deny it's PA. And if they think it is something else what do they think is the cause? The fact fact that epe worked is sufficient evidence given the history.Hell I can't even talk the nurse practitioners I work with into TRYING spiro on resistant BPers. Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint

Did I answer your question, ? In the time when I had this visit to my PCP I already subscribed to this group and learned about spiro and eplerenone, but I didn't communicate either with group or with Dr. Grim yet. I started eplerenone without any proof and hope, just out of desperation, since my BP and my condition were killing me and EVERY BB, Calcium channel, and other made me feel terrible. No mention that clonidine almost killed me. After the first day on eplerenone, my BP was 130/80 - I do not remember that I ever had this BP in my life. Natalia To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:04 AM Subject: Re: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

They can prescribe it off label for most anything - that's beside the point, but it's a very specific one so if they don't believe someone has PA my question to her is how did she talk them into prescribing it if they deny she has PA? Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint

Beleive epelerone is for B/P not PA. So if B/P is high then Dr can RX for B/P

> >> >

> >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors.

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > ________________________________

> >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> >> > To:

> >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> >> >

> >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

>

1 of 1 File(s)

urine and blood tests_2011.xlsx

Guest guest

No, Russian doesn't work. My current endo speaks Russian, although he lives in the USA for 40 something years. He refuses to diagnose me with PA. Opposite, my PCP, who prescribed me eplerenone, is Muslim with an Arab name. I found him because all my other doctors, who failed me, were Jewish Natalia To: hyperaldosteronism Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 5:12 PM Subject: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

Maybe you need to learn to speak Russian!

> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your

appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors. > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Â > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; ________________________________> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; From: lff_409 & lt;. & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; To: > >

& gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Subject: Symptoms and Thanks> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Â > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; First of all, thanks to all that responded.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt;

> > & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt;>

Guest guest

I can not view your file. Can you change it from xlsx to just xls format?

> > >> >

> > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the

same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better

and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your

BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until

your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some

of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many

doctors.

> > >> >

> > >> > Â

> > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic;

on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg

Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when

over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >> > ________________________________

> > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> > >> > To:

> > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >> > Â

> > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> > >> >

> > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly

Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and

emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx

is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis

for past 20 years.

> > >> >

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> >

>

Guest guest

Sorry. Is it better? To: hyperaldosteronism Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 8:18 PM Subject: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

I can not view your file. Can you change it from xlsx to just xls format?

> > >> >

> > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors.

> > >> >

> > >> > Â

> > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >> > ________________________________

> > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> > >> > To:

> > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> > >> >

> > >> >

> > >> > Â

> > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> > >> >

> > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

> > >> >

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> >

>

1 of 1 File(s)

urine and blood tests_2011.xls

Guest guest

Give your NPS MY article and the sit down and go thru it with them. If they do not see the light then complain to your supervisor. Btw Eplere works very well in many on PA Hth patients which suggests tha Faldo is very important contributator to the HTN PROCESS IN MAN. WELL make that also and excess salt. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

Do they still deny it's PA. And if they think it is something else what do they think is the cause? The fact fact that epe worked is sufficient evidence given the history.Hell I can't even talk the nurse practitioners I work with into TRYING spiro on resistant BPers. Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint

Did I answer your question, ? In the time when I had this visit to my PCP I already subscribed to this group and learned about spiro and eplerenone, but I didn't communicate either with group or with Dr. Grim yet. I started eplerenone without any proof and hope, just out of desperation, since my BP and my condition were killing me and EVERY BB, Calcium channel, and other made me feel terrible. No mention that clonidine almost killed me. After the first day on eplerenone, my BP was 130/80 - I do not remember that I ever had this BP in my life. Natalia To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:04 AM Subject: Re: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

They can prescribe it off label for most anything - that's beside the point, but it's a very specific one so if they don't believe someone has PA my question to her is how did she talk them into prescribing it if they deny she has PA? Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint

> >> >

> >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors.

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > To:

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> >

> >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

>

Guest guest

Nyet!May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors. > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Â > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; ________________________________> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; From: lff_409 & lt;. & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; To: > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Subject: Symptoms and Thanks> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Â > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; First of all, thanks to all that responded.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt;>

Guest guest

Russian drs believe it is all in the head or Pavlovian and I am not talking about ballet. ;-)May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

No, Russian doesn't work. My current endo speaks Russian, although he lives in the USA for 40 something years. He refuses to diagnose me with PA. Opposite, my PCP, who prescribed me eplerenone, is Muslim with an Arab name. I found him because all my other doctors, who failed me, were Jewish Natalia To: hyperaldosteronism Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 5:12 PM Subject: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your

appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors. > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Â > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; ________________________________> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; From: lff_409 & lt;. & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; To: > >

& gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Subject: Symptoms and Thanks> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Â > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; First of all, thanks to all that responded.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt;

> > & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt;>

Guest guest

Are you an idealist, Dr. Grim? They never will sit with me and go through the article! They believe that they already know everything! I don't know how to complain to their supervisors. But what I do believe, that it's finally possible to find a doctor, who will do it. I will try.BTW, when I had done my research, I had done it in both, English and Russian. And I had found much more comprehensive articles about PA in Russian than in English. Even Wikipedia's article is much longer and more interesting. I was extremely surprised. Natalia To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Friday, January 6, 2012 12:50 AM Subject: Re: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

Give your NPS MY article and the sit down and go thru it with them. If they do not see the light then complain to your supervisor. Btw Eplere works very well in many on PA Hth patients which suggests tha Faldo is very important contributator to the HTN PROCESS IN MAN. WELL make that also and excess salt. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > To:

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> >

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

>

Guest guest

I have been using a medical information service called uptodate thru the VA. This is available to the consumer. It is the best medical "book" I have ever seen and is updated often.I recommend that all who have an interest in researching medical issues of any type look at this. It is available to consumers but is not free. I would say a years subscription would be worth its weight in health. You can get a free trial and would like all to look at it.CE Grim MD Are you an idealist, Dr. Grim? They never will sit with me and go through the article! They believe that they already know everything! I don't know how to complain to their supervisors. But what I do believe, that it's finally possible to find a doctor, who will do it. I will try.BTW, when I had done my research, I had done it in both, English and Russian. And I had found much more comprehensive articles about PA in Russian than in English. Even Wikipedia's article is much longer and more interesting. I was extremely surprised. Natalia To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Friday, January 6, 2012 12:50 AM Subject: Re: Re: Symptoms and Thanks Give your NPS MY article and the sit down and go thru it with them. If they do not see the light then complain to your supervisor. Btw Eplere works very well in many on PA Hth patients which suggests tha Faldo is very important contributator to the HTN PROCESS IN MAN. WELL make that also and excess salt. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension Do they still deny it's PA. And if they think it is something else what do they think is the cause? The fact fact that epe worked is sufficient evidence given the history.Hell I can't even talk the nurse practitioners I work with into TRYING spiro on resistant BPers. Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint Did I answer your question, ? In the time when I had this visit to my PCP I already subscribed to this group and learned about spiro and eplerenone, but I didn't communicate either with group or with Dr. Grim yet. I started eplerenone without any proof and hope, just out of desperation, since my BP and my condition were killing me and EVERY BB, Calcium channel, and other made me feel terrible. No mention that clonidine almost killed me. After the first day on eplerenone, my BP was 130/80 - I do not remember that I ever had this BP in my life. Natalia To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:04 AM Subject: Re: Re: Symptoms and Thanks They can prescribe it off label for most anything - that's beside the point, but it's a very specific one so if they don't believe someone has PA my question to her is how did she talk them into prescribing it if they deny she has PA? Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint Beleive epelerone is for B/P not PA. So if B/P is high then Dr can RX for B/P > >> > > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors. > >> > > >> > Â > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim. > >> > > >> > > >> > ________________________________ > >> > From: lff_409 <.> > >> > To: > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks > >> > > >> > > >> > Â > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded. > >> > > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years. > >> > > >> > >> > >> > >> >

Guest guest

Sorry I was talking to jamie when he says he cannot get the NPs he works with to listen.CE Grim MD Are you an idealist, Dr. Grim? They never will sit with me and go through the article! They believe that they already know everything! I don't know how to complain to their supervisors. But what I do believe, that it's finally possible to find a doctor, who will do it. I will try.BTW, when I had done my research, I had done it in both, English and Russian. And I had found much more comprehensive articles about PA in Russian than in English. Even Wikipedia's article is much longer and more interesting. I was extremely surprised. Natalia To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Friday, January 6, 2012 12:50 AM Subject: Re: Re: Symptoms and Thanks Give your NPS MY article and the sit down and go thru it with them. If they do not see the light then complain to your supervisor. Btw Eplere works very well in many on PA Hth patients which suggests tha Faldo is very important contributator to the HTN PROCESS IN MAN. WELL make that also and excess salt. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension Do they still deny it's PA. And if they think it is something else what do they think is the cause? The fact fact that epe worked is sufficient evidence given the history.Hell I can't even talk the nurse practitioners I work with into TRYING spiro on resistant BPers. Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint Did I answer your question, ? In the time when I had this visit to my PCP I already subscribed to this group and learned about spiro and eplerenone, but I didn't communicate either with group or with Dr. Grim yet. I started eplerenone without any proof and hope, just out of desperation, since my BP and my condition were killing me and EVERY BB, Calcium channel, and other made me feel terrible. No mention that clonidine almost killed me. After the first day on eplerenone, my BP was 130/80 - I do not remember that I ever had this BP in my life. Natalia To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:04 AM Subject: Re: Re: Symptoms and Thanks They can prescribe it off label for most anything - that's beside the point, but it's a very specific one so if they don't believe someone has PA my question to her is how did she talk them into prescribing it if they deny she has PA? Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint Beleive epelerone is for B/P not PA. So if B/P is high then Dr can RX for B/P > >> > > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors. > >> > > >> > Â > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim. > >> > > >> > > >> > ________________________________ > >> > From: lff_409 <.> > >> > To: > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks > >> > > >> > > >> > Â > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded. > >> > > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years. > >> > > >> > >> > >> > >> >

Guest guest

I have done this with them. One of the issues and this is part and parcel of the problem with providers all akong is they don't want to listen or see me discussing "my issue" and health problems anymore. Even though I was a patient there before the relationship changed once I work there and they don't want me discussing it that way.And have you ever tried telling a nurse anything? ....im kidding as of course you have, but they don't want to hear from a PA even though I have more exp then both combined and our training is vastly different....mine being much more longer and varied. Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint

Sorry I was talking to jamie when he says he cannot get the NPs he works with to listen.CE Grim MD Are you an idealist, Dr. Grim? They never will sit with me and go through the article! They believe that they already know everything! I don't know how to complain to their supervisors. But what I do believe, that it's finally possible to find a doctor, who will do it. I will try.BTW, when I had done my research, I had done it in both, English and Russian. And I had found much more comprehensive articles about PA in Russian than in English. Even Wikipedia's article is much longer and more interesting. I was extremely surprised. Natalia To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Friday, January 6, 2012 12:50 AM Subject: Re: Re: Symptoms and Thanks Give your NPS MY article and the sit down and go thru it with them. If they do not see the light then complain to your supervisor. Btw Eplere works very well in many on PA Hth patients which suggests tha Faldo is very important contributator to the HTN PROCESS IN MAN. WELL make that also and excess salt. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension Do they still deny it's PA. And if they think it is something else what do they think is the cause? The fact fact that epe worked is sufficient evidence given the history.Hell I can't even talk the nurse practitioners I work with into TRYING spiro on resistant BPers. Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint Did I answer your question, ? In the time when I had this visit to my PCP I already subscribed to this group and learned about spiro and eplerenone, but I didn't communicate either with group or with Dr. Grim yet. I started eplerenone without any proof and hope, just out of desperation, since my BP and my condition were killing me and EVERY BB, Calcium channel, and other made me feel terrible. No mention that clonidine almost killed me. After the first day on eplerenone, my BP was 130/80 - I do not remember that I ever had this BP in my life. Natalia To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:04 AM Subject: Re: Re: Symptoms and Thanks They can prescribe it off label for most anything - that's beside the point, but it's a very specific one so if they don't believe someone has PA my question to her is how did she talk them into prescribing it if they deny she has PA? Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint Beleive epelerone is for B/P not PA. So if B/P is high then Dr can RX for B/P > >> > > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors. > >> > > >> > Â > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim. > >> > > >> > > >> > ________________________________ > >> > From: lff_409 <.> > >> > To: > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks > >> > > >> > > >> > Â > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded. > >> > > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years. > >> > > >> > >> > >> > >> >

Guest guest

For Americans it's all in the head or Freudian

No, Russian doesn't work. My current endo speaks Russian, although he lives in the USA for 40 something years. He refuses to diagnose me with PA. Opposite, my PCP, who prescribed me eplerenone, is Muslim with an Arab name. I found him because all my other doctors, who failed me, were Jewish

Natalia

To: hyperaldosteronism Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 5:12 PMSubject: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors. > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Â > >

& gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; ________________________________> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; From: lff_409 & lt;. & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; To: > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Subject: Symptoms and Thanks> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; >

> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Â > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; First of all, thanks to all that responded.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt;>

F

Guest guest

It’s because the Communist regime in USSR used to pull out people’s adrenal glands and sell them to the West J BTW, when I had done my research, I had done it in both, English and Russian. And I had found much more comprehensive articles about PA in Russian than in English. Even Wikipedia's article is much longer and more interesting. I was extremely surprised. Natalia

Guest guest

This is probly the program I have seem some VA Dr look up information on? Is it

up to date on PA and how to test for it. part of the what one can look up is

free but cost $45 a month. They do have a 7 day trial for $20.

> >> > >> >

> >> > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you

> >> have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash

> >> IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try

> >> spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better

> >> with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your

> >> appointment and some more years until you are going to be

> >> diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed

> >> after several years and many doctors.

> >> > >> >

> >> > >> > Â

> >> > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma,

> >> diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin,

> >> 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some

> >> occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ;

> >> on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> >> > >> >

> >> > >> >

> >> > >> > ________________________________

> >> > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> >> > >> > To:

> >> > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> >> > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> >> > >> >

> >> > >> >

> >> > >> > Â

> >> > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> >> > >> >

> >> > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension,

> >> slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia,

> >> headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired

> >> firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and

> >> hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

> >> > >> >

> >> > >>

> >> > >>

> >> > >>

> >> > >>

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Yes much better. Looks like you have some loss of kidney fuction.

> > > >> >

> > > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the

same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better

and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your

BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until

your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some

of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many

doctors.

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Â

> > > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma,

diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg

Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with

BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> > ________________________________

> > > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> > > >> > To:

> > > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Â

> > > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> > > >> >

> > > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly

Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and

emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx

is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis

for past 20 years.

> > > >> >

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

The free part of this is very limited so can't find out much information.

> > >> > >> >

> > >> > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you

> > >> have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash

> > >> IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try

> > >> spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better

> > >> with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your

> > >> appointment and some more years until you are going to be

> > >> diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed

> > >> after several years and many doctors.

> > >> > >> >

> > >> > >> > Â

> > >> > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma,

> > >> diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin,

> > >> 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some

> > >> occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ;

> > >> on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> > >> > >> >

> > >> > >> >

> > >> > >> > ________________________________

> > >> > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> > >> > >> > To:

> > >> > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > >> > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> > >> > >> >

> > >> > >> >

> > >> > >> > Â

> > >> > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> > >> > >> >

> > >> > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension,

> > >> slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia,

> > >> headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired

> > >> firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and

> > >> hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

> > >> > >> >

> > >> > >>

> > >> > >>

> > >> > >>

> > >> > >>

> > >> >

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

The free part is specifically aimed at PTNs and you, I and many others here like

to play Doctor! From a " normal " patient point of view I thought the 7 pages on

" primary aldosteronism " were excellent and updated as of October 18, 2011! The

references are priceless, IMHO!

- 65 yo super ob. male - 12mm X 13mm rt. a.adnoma with previous rt. flank

pain. Treating with DASH. 2-Day ave w/o meds = BP 133/77 HR 61 BS 132. D/C

Spironolactone 12/20/2011 due to adverse SX.

Other Issues/Opportunities: OSA w Bi-Pap settings 13/19, DM2, Gynecomastia, MDD

and PTSD.

Meds: Duloxetine hcl 80 MG, Metoprolol Tartrate 200 MG, 81mg aspirin and

Metformin 2000MG. Started washing Spironolactone 12/20/11 to prepare for AVS.

> > > >> > >> >

> > > >> > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you

> > > >> have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash

> > > >> IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try

> > > >> spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better

> > > >> with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your

> > > >> appointment and some more years until you are going to be

> > > >> diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed

> > > >> after several years and many doctors.

> > > >> > >> >

> > > >> > >> > Â

> > > >> > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma,

> > > >> diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin,

> > > >> 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some

> > > >> occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ;

> > > >> on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> > > >> > >> >

> > > >> > >> >

> > > >> > >> > ________________________________

> > > >> > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> > > >> > >> > To:

> > > >> > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > > >> > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> > > >> > >> >

> > > >> > >> >

> > > >> > >> > Â

> > > >> > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> > > >> > >> >

> > > >> > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension,

> > > >> slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia,

> > > >> headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired

> > > >> firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and

> > > >> hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

> > > >> > >> >

> > > >> > >>

> > > >> > >>

> > > >> > >>

> > > >> > >>

> > > >> >

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I don't want to play Dr but I would like to see what Information VA Dr have to

look at. Not that I would understand a lot of what they look at.

> > > > >> > >> >

> > > > >> > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you

> > > > >> have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash

> > > > >> IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try

> > > > >> spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better

> > > > >> with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your

> > > > >> appointment and some more years until you are going to be

> > > > >> diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed

> > > > >> after several years and many doctors.

> > > > >> > >> >

> > > > >> > >> > Â

> > > > >> > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma,

> > > > >> diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin,

> > > > >> 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some

> > > > >> occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ;

> > > > >> on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> > > > >> > >> >

> > > > >> > >> >

> > > > >> > >> > ________________________________

> > > > >> > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> > > > >> > >> > To:

> > > > >> > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > > > >> > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> > > > >> > >> >

> > > > >> > >> >

> > > > >> > >> > Â

> > > > >> > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> > > > >> > >> >

> > > > >> > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension,

> > > > >> slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia,

> > > > >> headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired

> > > > >> firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and

> > > > >> hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

> > > > >> > >> >

> > > > >> > >>

> > > > >> > >>

> > > > >> > >>

> > > > >> > >>

> > > > >> >

> > > > >>

> > > > >>

> > > > >>

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

IMHO You often do, in fact, here is the most recent one: " Looks like you have

some loss of kidney fuction " ! That can be a little tricky to DX in my

experience, especially if PTN is over 60!

You would only see some of what they have available to them. You would need

atleast 7 years of school, however many years of experience and the supervising

doctors training and experience to even start to see what they have available!

> > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > >> > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you

> > > > > >> have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash

> > > > > >> IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try

> > > > > >> spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better

> > > > > >> with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your

> > > > > >> appointment and some more years until you are going to be

> > > > > >> diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed

> > > > > >> after several years and many doctors.

> > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > >> > >> > Â

> > > > > >> > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma,

> > > > > >> diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin,

> > > > > >> 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some

> > > > > >> occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ;

> > > > > >> on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > >> > >> > ________________________________

> > > > > >> > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> > > > > >> > >> > To:

> > > > > >> > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > > > > >> > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > >> > >> > Â

> > > > > >> > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > >> > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension,

> > > > > >> slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia,

> > > > > >> headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired

> > > > > >> firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and

> > > > > >> hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

> > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > >> >

> > > > > >>

> > > > > >>

> > > > > >>

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Depends on how one reads something Looks like doesn't mean the same as you have

some. Much has been posted on here on what is abnormal in kidney tests. Some of

her test are abnormal.

> > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > >> > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you

> > > > > > >> have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash

> > > > > > >> IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try

> > > > > > >> spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better

> > > > > > >> with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your

> > > > > > >> appointment and some more years until you are going to be

> > > > > > >> diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed

> > > > > > >> after several years and many doctors.

> > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > >> > >> > Â

> > > > > > >> > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal

adenoma,

> > > > > > >> diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg

metformin,

> > > > > > >> 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some

> > > > > > >> occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ;

> > > > > > >> on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > >> > >> > ________________________________

> > > > > > >> > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> > > > > > >> > >> > To:

> > > > > > >> > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > > > > > >> > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > >> > >> > Â

> > > > > > >> > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > >> > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset

hypertension,

> > > > > > >> slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia,

> > > > > > >> headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male,

retired

> > > > > > >> firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor

and

> > > > > > >> hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20

years.

> > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > > >> >

> > > > > > >>

> > > > > > >>

> > > > > > >>

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

As an individual who has been DXed w/CKD Stage 3 who had a brother who had

kidney failure that required a transplant and later died of ESRD, I've done some

research on the kidneys! When you make a " looks like " statement a normal PTN

might be alarmed. If you based that statement on eGFR, that number is less

reliable as we age. If you based it on BUN/Creatinine ratio (the better

measure) there may be some area of concern but there are other resons this may

be high, here are a few of them:

Why the Test is Performed

The BUN test is often done to check kidney function.

Drugs that can increase BUN measurements include:

Allopurinol

Aminoglycoside antibiotics

Amphotericin B

Aspirin (high doses)

Bacitracin

Carbamazepine

Cephalosporins

Chloral hydrate

Cisplatin

Colistin

Furosemide

Guanethidine

Indomethacin

Methicillin

Methotrexate

Methyldopa

Neomycin

Penicillamine

Polymyxin B

Probenecid

Propranolol

Rifampin

Spironolactone

Tetracyclines

Thiazide diuretics

Triamterene

Vancomycin

What Abnormal Results Mean

Higher-than-normal levels may be due to:

Congestive heart failure

Excessive protein levels in the gastrointestinal tract

Gastrointestinal bleeding

Hypovolemia

Heart attack

Kidney disease, including glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis, and acute tubular

necrosis

Kidney failure

Shock

Urinary tract obstruction

That's why the Doctors, PAs and NPs get the big bucks to make " looks like "

statements if appropriate!

- 65 yo super ob. male - 12mm X 13mm rt. a.adnoma with previous rt. flank

pain. Treating with DASH. 2-Day ave w/o meds = BP 133/77 HR 61 BS 132. D/C

Spironolactone 12/20/2011 due to adverse SX.

Other Issues/Opportunities: OSA w Bi-Pap settings 13/19, DM2, Gynecomastia, MDD

and PTSD.

Meds: Duloxetine hcl 80 MG, Metoprolol Tartrate 200 MG, 81mg aspirin and

Metformin 2000MG. Started washing Spironolactone 12/20/11 to prepare for AVS.

> > > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > > >> > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that

you

> > > > > > > >> have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash

> > > > > > > >> IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try

> > > > > > > >> spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves

better

> > > > > > > >> with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your

> > > > > > > >> appointment and some more years until you are going to be

> > > > > > > >> diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed

> > > > > > > >> after several years and many doctors.

> > > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > > >> > >> > Â

> > > > > > > >> > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal

adenoma,

> > > > > > > >> diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg

metformin,

> > > > > > > >> 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some

> > > > > > > >> occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone

;

> > > > > > > >> on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> > > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > > >> > >> > ________________________________

> > > > > > > >> > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> > > > > > > >> > >> > To:

> > > > > > > >> > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > > > > > > >> > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> > > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > > >> > >> > Â

> > > > > > > >> > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> > > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > > >> > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset

hypertension,

> > > > > > > >> slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia,

> > > > > > > >> headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male,

retired

> > > > > > > >> firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor

and

> > > > > > > >> hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20

years.

> > > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > > > >> >

> > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

This is her quote " I attached the file with urine and blood tests and I would

appreciate any comments about my diagnosis. " My statemant was in reply to that.

OK good to put reasons for abnormal test numbers. Hopefuly she has already

talked to her Dr about the results. If not she should.

> > > > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > > > >> > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that

you

> > > > > > > > >> have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash

> > > > > > > > >> IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid,

try

> > > > > > > > >> spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves

better

> > > > > > > > >> with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until

your

> > > > > > > > >> appointment and some more years until you are going to be

> > > > > > > > >> diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still

undiagnosed

> > > > > > > > >> after several years and many doctors.

> > > > > > > > >> > >> > Â

> > > > > > > > >> > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal

adenoma,

> > > > > > > > >> diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg

metformin,

> > > > > > > > >> 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some

> > > > > > > > >> occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt

eplerenone ;

> > > > > > > > >> on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> > > > > > > > >> > >> > ________________________________

> > > > > > > > >> > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> > > > > > > > >> > >> > To:

> > > > > > > > >> > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > > > > > > > >> > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> > > > > > > > >> > >> > Â

> > > > > > > > >> > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> > > > > > > > >> > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset

hypertension,

> > > > > > > > >> slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness,

tachycardia,

> > > > > > > > >> headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male,

retired

> > > > > > > > >> firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland

tumor and

> > > > > > > > >> hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20

years.

> > > > > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > > > > >> >

> > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I also believe not eating enough protein will give abnormal test numbers.

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> >

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems

that you

> > > > > > > > > >> have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash

> > > > > > > > > >> IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid,

try

> > > > > > > > > >> spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves

better

> > > > > > > > > >> with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until

your

> > > > > > > > > >> appointment and some more years until you are going to be

> > > > > > > > > >> diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still

undiagnosed

> > > > > > > > > >> after several years and many doctors.

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > Â

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal

adenoma,

> > > > > > > > > >> diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg

metformin,

> > > > > > > > > >> 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some

> > > > > > > > > >> occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt

eplerenone ;

> > > > > > > > > >> on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > ________________________________

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > To:

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset

hypertension,

> > > > > > > > > >> slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness,

tachycardia,

> > > > > > > > > >> headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male,

retired

> > > > > > > > > >> firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland

tumor and

> > > > > > > > > >> hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20

years.

> > > > > > > > > >> > >>

> > > > > > > > > >> >

> > > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I certainly agree a doctor visit would be in order, she has some red numbers

that should be explained. I would even say a Nephroligst consult would be in

order if it hasn't happened.

I was also hoping Dr. G. would check in on that high renin number.

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems

that you

> > > > > > > > > >> have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash

> > > > > > > > > >> IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid,

try

> > > > > > > > > >> spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves

better

> > > > > > > > > >> with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until

your

> > > > > > > > > >> appointment and some more years until you are going to be

> > > > > > > > > >> diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still

undiagnosed

> > > > > > > > > >> after several years and many doctors.

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal

adenoma,

> > > > > > > > > >> diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg

metformin,

> > > > > > > > > >> 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some

> > > > > > > > > >> occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt

eplerenone ;

> > > > > > > > > >> on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > ________________________________

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > To:

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> > > > > > > > > >> > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset

hypertension,

> > > > > > > > > >> slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness,

tachycardia,

> > > > > > > > > >> headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male,

retired

> > > > > > > > > >> firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland

tumor and

> > > > > > > > > >> hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20

years.

> > > > > > > > > >> >

> > > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Yes, EGFR is 50 and 58. Why is it two number there? What should I do to get them functioning better?What else could you see from Excel file?Many thanks,Natalia To: hyperaldosteronism Sent: Friday, January 6, 2012 4:09 PM Subject: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

Yes much better. Looks like you have some loss of kidney fuction.

> > > >> >

> > > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors.

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Â

> > > >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> > ________________________________

> > > >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> > > >> > To:

> > > >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > > >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> > > >> >

> > > >> >

> > > >> > Â

> > > >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> > > >> >

> > > >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

> > > >> >

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > >

> >

>