RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Symptoms and Thanks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Give us details on lineal gland As well. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

First of all, thanks to all that responded.

My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

Guest guest

Growth on Pineal gland in 3 mm and has remained the same since if was found 3

years ago. My BP has always been in the 120's over mid 70's. I was 170/114 at

GP office. He started me on Lopressor 50 mg twice a day. My BP, on medication

has been about 140/94 with some diastolic readings between 105 and 110 .

>

> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> >

> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K

(3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional

swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small

Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past

20 years.

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I have an uncle who had to retire from the Long Beach (Ca) fire dept early, before he wanted to, due to a pituitary tumor. For years everyone would tell him he was overworked, stressed, depressed, etc and mood swings, low T, and other things. All along it was a pituitary tumor. Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint

My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

Guest guest

Lopressor does not do much in PA-usually. ReAd my evolution article and take to team. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

Growth on Pineal gland in 3 mm and has remained the same since if was found 3 years ago. My BP has always been in the 120's over mid 70's. I was 170/114 at GP office. He started me on Lopressor 50 mg twice a day. My BP, on medication has been about 140/94 with some diastolic readings between 105 and 110 .

>

> >

> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

There are a number of kinda of pit tumors. Which kind did he have that. Aused depression?May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

I have an uncle who had to retire from the Long Beach (Ca) fire dept early, before he wanted to, due to a pituitary tumor. For years everyone would tell him he was overworked, stressed, depressed, etc and mood swings, low T, and other things. All along it was a pituitary tumor. Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint

Guest guest

According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors. Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim. To: hyperaldosteronism Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

Guest guest

don't know. Don't see them as much since he retired to St , Utah.

it is the slow growing kind as he is using medicine and not surgery.

Guest guest

3.1 is not slightly low if on no meds for BP.CE Grim MD According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors. Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim. To: hyperaldosteronism Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM Subject: Symptoms and Thanks First of all, thanks to all that responded. My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

Guest guest

What does this mean?CE Grim MD don't know. Don't see them as much since he retired to St , Utah. it is the slow growing kind as he is using medicine and not surgery.

Guest guest

" Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and IF YOU ARE NOT AFRAID, try

spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. "

Sorry, to interrupt..but had to ask

What do they mean " If you are not afraid " ? I just started taking it 2 months

ago..it works....is there something I should know about Spiro? I've been told

that it is safe.

>

> According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same

Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and

if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP

behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your

appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us,

including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors.

>

>  

> Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100

mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg

Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when

over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: hyperaldosteronism

> Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

>

>

>  

> First of all, thanks to all that responded.

>

> My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K

(3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional

20 years.

>

Guest guest

Hi Barbara, I'm not sure of your story but let me point you to a discussion I

started in early December, " Spironolactone Side Effects, Is It Right For You? "

(Do an advanced search with that in the title.) I researched it after

gynecomastia and other sx's dictated that I needed to make a change after being

on spironolactone for 18 months. I have decided to wash spiro and proceed to

AVX and ADx if feasible.

I don't remember your story but my research is from a male perspective and

judging from your name I presume you are female! You may need to decide the

importance of some of my conclusions but remember females need testosterone and

coritsol also! I have questions out to my Psychatry Doctors and will be

updating as I get more info.

Yell if I can clarify anything.

- 65 yo super ob. male - 12mm X 13mm rt. a.adnoma with previous rt. flank

pain. Treating with DASH. 2-Day ave w/o meds = BP 133/77 HR 61 BS 132. D/C

Spironolactone 12/20/2011 due to adverse SX.

Other Issues/Opportunities: OSA w Bi-Pap settings 13/19, DM2, Gynecomastia, MDD

and PTSD.

Meds: Duloxetine hcl 80 MG, Metoprolol Tartrate 200 MG, 81mg aspirin and

Metformin 2000MG. Started washing Spironolactone 12/20/11 to prepare for AVS.

> >

> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same

appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us,

> >

> >  

> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on

100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg

> >

> >

> > ________________________________

> > From: lff_409 <lff_409@>

> > To: hyperaldosteronism

> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K

20 years.

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Barbara,Not sure of your age, and assuming you are female, a couple things you should know. First, if you are pre-menopausal, spiro can wreak havoc on your menstrual cycle. When I took it, I menstruated nonstop. Also, the literature and conventional wisdom generally claim this only happens to men: spiro frequently causes breast pain and/or enlargement. However, I'm female and this happened to me. The onset was very quick and it was pretty debilitating - the pain caused me to stop some of my normal activities, like hiking and yoga, not to mention made it possible to only sleep on my back. Ouch. I also had some issues with dizziness that began when I started the spiro and stopped shortly after discontinuing it. I think a few others here have experienced this as well.I've written in more detail about my spiro experience here . (Go to the left sidebar and navigate to Files > Meds Experiences > Meds Problems and Side Effects > spiro-msmith1928.pdf if the link does not open.)-msmith1928Nulliparous female, 46, 5'3", 113 lbs, CT showed 1cm left adrenal nodule, AVS determineddisease is unilateral, had left laparoscopic adrenalectomy on 10/13/2011. Low sodium, fructoseandgrain-free diet due to hereditary fructose intolerance, lactose intolerance, gluten intolerance(probable celiac).Files

>

Meds Experiences

>

Meds Problems and Side Effects > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors. > > > > Â > > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.> > > > > > ________________________________> > From: lff_409 lff_409@> > To: hyperaldosteronism > > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks> > > > > > Â > > First of all, thanks to all that responded.> > > > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.> >>

Guest guest

Hi Barbara,I guess other people answered your worries about side effects of spiro. I am personally on 100 mg of eplerenone, and I don't have yet any problems with it. But I am lucky one, because my insurance pays for it.What I really meant by IF YOU ARE NOT AFRAID, it's different from side effects. A lot of us here are waiting until being diagnosed to take these medications. And it usually takes a few years. I meant that one can start to take medications without being diagnosed and see the effect of it. That's what I have done a year ago and feel much better. And I am still not diagnosed with PA. I am scared to death even to think what might happen to me if I haven't taken this risk and haven't

make my PCP to prescribe me this medication. Best regards, Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na; on private consultation with Dr Grim. To: hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:13 AM Subject: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

"Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and IF YOU ARE NOT AFRAID, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage."

What do they mean "If you are not afraid"? I just started taking it 2 months ago..it works....is there something I should know about Spiro? I've been told that it is safe.

>

> According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors.

>

> Â

> Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.

>

>

>

>

>

> Â

>

> My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

>

Guest guest

You need to mention that I am pretty certain you have PA but others are not. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

Hi Barbara,I guess other people answered your worries about side effects of spiro. I am personally on 100 mg of eplerenone, and I don't have yet any problems with it. But I am lucky one, because my insurance pays for it.What I really meant by IF YOU ARE NOT AFRAID, it's different from side effects. A lot of us here are waiting until being diagnosed to take these medications. And it usually takes a few years. I meant that one can start to take medications without being diagnosed and see the effect of it. That's what I have done a year ago and feel much better. And I am still not diagnosed with PA. I am scared to death even to think what might happen to me if I haven't taken this risk and haven't

make my PCP to prescribe me this medication. Best regards, Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na; on private consultation with Dr Grim. To: hyperaldosteronism Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:13 AM Subject: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

"Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and IF YOU ARE NOT AFRAID, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage."

What do they mean "If you are not afraid"? I just started taking it 2 months ago..it works....is there something I should know about Spiro? I've been told that it is safe.

>

> According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors.

>

> Â

> Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.

>

>

>

>

>

> Â

>

> My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

>

Guest guest

msmith: You also need to mention that you were not able to DASH to the max to minimize need for MCBs due to other health issues. CE Grim Hi Barbara,Not sure of your age, and assuming you are female, a couple things you should know. First, if you are pre-menopausal, spiro can wreak havoc on your menstrual cycle. When I took it, I menstruated nonstop. Also, the literature and conventional wisdom generally claim this only happens to men: spiro frequently causes breast pain and/or enlargement. However, I'm female and this happened to me. The onset was very quick and it was pretty debilitating - the pain caused me to stop some of my normal activities, like hiking and yoga, not to mention made it possible to only sleep on my back. Ouch. I also had some issues with dizziness that began when I started the spiro and stopped shortly after discontinuing it. I think a few others here have experienced this as well.I've written in more detail about my spiro experience here . (Go to the left sidebar and navigate to Files > Meds Experiences > Meds Problems and Side Effects > spiro-msmith1928.pdf if the link does not open.)-msmith1928Nulliparous female, 46, 5'3", 113 lbs, CT showed 1cm left adrenal nodule, AVS determineddisease is unilateral, had left laparoscopic adrenalectomy on 10/13/2011. Low sodium, fructoseandgrain-free diet due to hereditary fructose intolerance, lactose intolerance, gluten intolerance(probable celiac).Files > Meds Experiences > Meds Problems and Side Effects > >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors. > > > > Â > > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.> > > > > > ________________________________> > From: lff_409 lff_409@> > To: hyperaldosteronism > > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks> > > > > > Â > > First of all, thanks to all that responded.> > > > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.> >>

Guest guest

It is safe in most. We cannot predict side effects in a individual. If BP OK then keep on and let us know if you have any problems. Trust you are also DASHing as you can out-salt spiro. Are you feeling better? "Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and IF YOU ARE NOT AFRAID, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage." Sorry, to interrupt..but had to ask What do they mean "If you are not afraid"? I just started taking it 2 months ago..it works....is there something I should know about Spiro? I've been told that it is safe. > > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors. > > Â > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim. > > > ________________________________ > > To: hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks > > > Â > First of all, thanks to all that responded. > > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years. >

Guest guest

Sorry, Dr. Grim. I should mention that. I am always grateful to you for that!!!Natalia To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:09 PM Subject: Re: Re:

Symptoms and Thanks

You need to mention that I am pretty certain you have PA but others are not. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertension

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

>

>

> Â

>

>

Guest guest

how do you get on epelerone when one doesn't even have an official diagnosis of

PA?

------------------------------

>

>

>You need to mention that I am pretty certain you have PA but others are not.

>

>May your pressure be low!

>

>CE Grim MS, MD

>Specializing in Difficult

>Hypertension

>

>

>

>> Hi Barbara,

>>

>> I guess other people answered your worries about side effects of spiro. I am

personally on 100 mg of eplerenone, and I don't have yet any problems with it.

But I am lucky one, because my insurance pays for it.

>>

>> What I really meant by IF YOU ARE NOT AFRAID, it's different from side

effects.

>> A lot of us here are waiting until being diagnosed to take these medications.

And it usually takes a few years. I meant that one can start to take medications

without being diagnosed and see the effect of it. That's what I have done a year

ago and feel much better. And I am still not diagnosed with PA. I am scared to

death even to think what might happen to me if I haven't taken this risk and

haven't make my PCP to prescribe me this medication.

>>

>> Best regards,

>>

>>

>> Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100

mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg

Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na; on

private consultation with Dr Grim.

>> From: Barbara <>

>> To:

>> Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:13 AM

>> Subject: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> " Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and IF YOU ARE NOT AFRAID, try

spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. "

>>

>> Sorry, to interrupt..but had to ask

>>

>> What do they mean " If you are not afraid " ? I just started taking it 2 months

ago..it works....is there something I should know about Spiro? I've been told

that it is safe.

>>

>>

>> >

>> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same

>> >

>> > Â

>> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on

>> >

>> >

>> > ________________________________

>> > From: lff_409 <.>

>> > To:

>> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

>> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

>> >

>> >

>> > Â

>> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

>> >

>> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K

20 years.

>> >

>>

>>

>>

>>

Guest guest

Beleive epelerone is for B/P not PA. So if B/P is high then Dr can RX for B/P

> >> >

> >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > ________________________________

> >> > From: lff_409 <.>

> >> > To:

> >> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

> >> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

> >> >

> >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low

K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and

emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx

is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis

for past 20 years.

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

>

Guest guest

They can prescribe it off label for most anything - that's beside the point, but it's a very specific one so if they don't believe someone has PA my question to her is how did she talk them into prescribing it if they deny she has PA? Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint

> >> >

> >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors.

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > To:

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> >

> >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

>

Guest guest

I have it done. Eplerenone is not approved by FDA as a PA medication. Eplerenone officially is a medicine for essential hypertension. On the other hand, my PCP had never heard the name of this medication. Then, when my BP was 220/120 during my visit to him and he enthusiastically, as always, said "I have a new very good BP medication for you", I said "No way. You will prescribe me this medication" and I gave him the post-it with the eplerenone, written on it. He looked at me, looked at the name, looked into his computer and asked "What dosage?" I said: "150 mg".That's how I got the prescription. I was ready to pay and I was pleasantly surprised when I got it for $5 no matter dosage. Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2

cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na; on private consultation with Dr Grim. To: hyperaldosteronism Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 9:13 AM Subject: Re: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

how do you get on epelerone when one doesn't even have an official diagnosis of PA?

------------------------------

>

>

>You need to mention that I am pretty certain you have PA but others are not.

>

>May your pressure be low!

>

>CE Grim MS, MD

>Specializing in Difficult

>Hypertension

>

>

>

>> Hi Barbara,

>>

>> I guess other people answered your worries about side effects of spiro. I am personally on 100 mg of eplerenone, and I don't have yet any problems with it. But I am lucky one, because my insurance pays for it.

>>

>> What I really meant by IF YOU ARE NOT AFRAID, it's different from side effects.

>> A lot of us here are waiting until being diagnosed to take these medications. And it usually takes a few years. I meant that one can start to take medications without being diagnosed and see the effect of it. That's what I have done a year ago and feel much better. And I am still not diagnosed with PA. I am scared to death even to think what might happen to me if I haven't taken this risk and haven't make my PCP to prescribe me this medication.

>>

>> Best regards,

>>

>>

>> Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na; on private consultation with Dr Grim.

>> From: Barbara <>

>> To:

>> Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:13 AM

>> Subject: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> "Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and IF YOU ARE NOT AFRAID, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage."

>>

>> Sorry, to interrupt..but had to ask

>>

>> What do they mean "If you are not afraid"? I just started taking it 2 months ago..it works....is there something I should know about Spiro? I've been told that it is safe.

>>

>>

>> >

>> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors.

>> >

>> > Â

>> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.

>> >

>> >

>> > ________________________________

>> > From: lff_409 <.>

>> > To:

>> > Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

>> > Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

>> >

>> >

>> > Â

>> > First of all, thanks to all that responded.

>> >

>> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

>> >

>>

>>

>>

>>

Guest guest

Did I answer your question, ? In the time when I had this visit to my PCP I already subscribed to this group and learned about spiro and eplerenone, but I didn't communicate either with group or with Dr. Grim yet. I started eplerenone without any proof and hope, just out of desperation, since my BP and my condition were killing me and EVERY BB, Calcium channel, and other made me feel terrible. No mention that clonidine almost killed me. After the first day on eplerenone, my BP was 130/80 - I do not remember that I ever had this BP in my life. Natalia To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:04 AM Subject: Re: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

They can prescribe it off label for most anything - that's beside the point, but it's a very specific one so if they don't believe someone has PA my question to her is how did she talk them into prescribing it if they deny she has PA? Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint

> >> >

> >> > According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors.

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> > Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > To:

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> >

> >> > My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

>

Guest guest

Do they still deny it's PA. And if they think it is something else what do they think is the cause? The fact fact that epe worked is sufficient evidence given the history.Hell I can't even talk the nurse practitioners I work with into TRYING spiro on resistant BPers. Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint

Did I answer your question, ? In the time when I had this visit to my PCP I already subscribed to this group and learned about spiro and eplerenone, but I didn't communicate either with group or with Dr. Grim yet. I started eplerenone without any proof and hope, just out of desperation, since my BP and my condition were killing me and EVERY BB, Calcium channel, and other made me feel terrible. No mention that clonidine almost killed me. After the first day on eplerenone, my BP was 130/80 - I do not remember that I ever had this BP in my life. Natalia To: "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:04 AM Subject: Re: Re: Symptoms and Thanks

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > To:

> >> >

> >> >

> >> > Â

> >> >

> >> >

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

>

Guest guest

Not sure how much of Natalia postings you have read but you may want to

review some of her first postings and some of what Dr Grim replied to.

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt;

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you

have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you

feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small

dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6

months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be

diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several

years and many doctors.

>

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Â

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal

adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60

mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems

with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr

Grim.

>

>

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; ________________________________

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; From: lff_409 & lt;. & gt;

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; To:

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Subject: Symptoms and Thanks

>

>

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Â

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; First of all, thanks to all that responded.

>

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset

hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia,

headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter.

Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis

controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.

>

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt;

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt;

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt;

>

> & gt; & gt; & gt;

>

> & gt;

>

Guest guest

Maybe you need to learn to speak Russian!

> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; According to your analyses and symptoms, it seems that you have the same Conn's that most of us have. Start to Dash IMMEDIATELY, if you feel better and if you are not afraid, try spiro or eplerenone, even small dosage. If your BP behaves better with this medication, that's it! Don't wait 6 months until your appointment and some more years until you are going to be diagnosed. Some of us, including myself, are still undiagnosed after several years and many doctors. > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Â > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Natalia Kamneva 67 Russian F with 2 cm left adrenal adenoma, diabetic; on 100 mg eplerenone, 80 mg Micardis, 2000 mg metformin, 60 mg Dexilant and 2 mg Lorazepam; Dashing; still have some occasional problems with BP, K and Na when over-salt eplerenone ; on private consultation with Dr Grim.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; ________________________________> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; From: lff_409 & lt;. & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; To: > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 1:45 PM> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Subject: Symptoms and Thanks> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; Â > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; First of all, thanks to all that responded.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt; My GP sent me to the Endo for new sudden onset hypertension, slightly Low K (3.1), heat intolerance, weakness, tachycardia, headache, fatigue, and emotional swings. I am a 58 yo male, retired firefighter. Only other medical Hx is small Pineal gland tumor and hashimoto thyroiditis controlled with synthesis for past 20 years.> > & gt; & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt; > > & gt; & gt; & gt;> > & gt;>