RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re:

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I agree with C-M, this is life threatening. Does the doctor's office understand that you are having severe problems NOW?

You may have to be pushy and tell them if they can't get you in NOW, ask if they cam recommend another doctor not quite so busy and can see you NOW?

ER is not a bad suggestion. I hate going there, but learned that when an asthma attack is bad and a person has done the medications (inhalers, nebulizer or whatever) and they start to feel better....that doesn't mean it is better, it may mean that you are on the way out...dying. This was explained to me in ER last time I was in. I got to the ER and thought maybe I was better and shouldn't be there but at that point they weren't going to let me go. Seems I had less oxygen in me than I thought. You get a sense of feeling better during a bad attack so you don't do anything about it, when actually you are suffocating and your lungs are loosing more oxygen and getting in the carbon stuff (Of which I can never remember the name). It makes you feel better. Just like dying from carbon monoxide in your car when a person takes their own life.

After finding that out, it scared the shit out of me. AND the peak flow meters aren't a good sense of how good or bad my asthma is. I run in the red all the time, yet I can still move and breathe, not good, but I breathe. Never have I gotten up to 40% use of my lungs, yet I am not disabled per Medicare.

GET HELP NOW. I think the tingling is lack of oxygen through out the body. DO you cough and nearly black out or see gray? IF SO...Go directly to the hospital!!!! AS the tingling gets worse, things get numb. Believe me lungs can paralyze. You won't like it IF you can get medical help in time. Waking up with a machine breathing for you and tubes stuck down your throat is not pleasant.

Been there, ignored it and nearly died. Believe me I have tired all the tricks to keep from going to ER and each time I find I nearly am dead by the time I think I am in trouble.

If you can't drive or don't trust your driving call 9-1-1. I take it you are not on oxygen therapy now?

, there are easier less stressful ways to take your own life, this is not the way to do it. AND don't worry about $$, thinks will work out if that is what is keeping you from the ER.

Has anyone else experienced this?

The last few weeks my asthma has been really bad. Typically when it gets bad my hands will get really tingly. Lately the tingling spreads throughout my hands, chest, face and legs. then it turns numb. It is a few hours before sensation returns. My highest PFTs in the last several months are only in the low 40% range. I don't even want to think about what they must hit when this is happening. I also get severely SOB and am gasping for air after every word when I am trying to talk. I know my asthma is out of control and have a pulmonologist appt. scheduled but three weeks is the closest they could get me in. Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop the tingling and numbness? It is quite uncomfortable and is a bit scary too. Thanks.

Guest guest

hi,

i think its like, more than six times a day is bad.

hannah

To:

Date:

Subject:

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

The most personalized portal on the Web!

Guest guest

About rescue inhalers,

No more than 2 puffs every 4 hours.

Having a nebulizer at home is really a better idea. For it delivers the

medicine better than a rescue inhaler, if one feels one needs it that often.

Best to check with a physician for better medical control and also work

diligently on finding out the root causes of asthma.

They can be so different for people.

For some it's food, some it's environmental pollutants of all kinds ,

for some stress.

C-M

Guest guest

>

>

>

> About rescue inhalers,

===============

What is a nebulizer? I know it's used for inhaled meds, but does it work like a

vaporizor?

I'm at the point of trying to figure out triggers--so far, cold air and viruses

are the obvious ones for me, though I've cut out dairy so that might be a

contributor too.

I'm also learning about accupressure and have used that a few times to stop an

attack. Other than that, on a " bad " week, I might need the rescue inhaler 2 or 3

times. A " good " week means no meds at all.

My doc was talking about oral steroids or inhaled steroids last I went -- I just

don't feel like I'm bad enough to consider those at this point.

That's why I was posting my questions here--trying to get a handle on what I

should expect to be feeling and what's considered good control.

Thanks,

Joan

About rescue inhalers,

Best to check with a physician for better medical control and also work

diligently on finding out the root causes of asthma.

They can be so different for people.

For some it's food, some it's environmental pollutants of all kinds ,

for some stress.

C-M

Guest guest

A nebulizer is a pressurized air machine, to which you attach a mouth

piece , that has a container for liquid medication.

Than you inhale the resulting steam.

Ask your Doc about it and the medication is usually ' DuoNeb'

an albuterol product.

It's the same procedure as is used in hospitals for a 'breathing

treatment' and will open your lungs fast when about nothing else will do.

Using a low steroid inhaler like Pulmicort will help your lungs to

reduce inflammation .

Steroids like Prednisone should be the resort of the last kind.

C-M

Guest guest

I've been working for the last 4 nights Jan. Come home in the morning, and maybe this is the effect of the Armour, but I get into the groups, then have been sitting here literally falling asleep at the computer. No, really guys, I am definitely not bored with ANYthing going on here! This has just been happening over and over. Of course, if you're awake all night, then that IS going to happen, it just wasn't happening to me before. I've been wading through my mail today, all afternoon. This is last night's mail, so you can see where I am now. We've been talking about the iron issues, and I questioned whether the transferrin is supposed to be high, when the ferritin is low, and the person is taking IN plenty of iron. I thought the opposite. Low transferrin, low ferrritin.

Re:

I'm sorry you are not getting much attention having arrived in the middle of a big event: roll call. . . . .I will try to get 's attention, too.

The only thing I can think of is to continue to take whatever iron you need and adjust your thyroid meds up to compensate for the binding.

Guest guest

I've been working for the last 4 nights Jan. Come home in the morning, and maybe this is the effect of the Armour, but I get into the groups, then have been sitting here literally falling asleep at the computer. No, really guys, I am definitely not bored with ANYthing going on here! This has just been happening over and over. Of course, if you're awake all night, then that IS going to happen, it just wasn't happening to me before. I've been wading through my mail today, all afternoon. This is last night's mail, so you can see where I am now. We've been talking about the iron issues, and I questioned whether the transferrin is supposed to be high, when the ferritin is low, and the person is taking IN plenty of iron. I thought the opposite. Low transferrin, low ferrritin.

Re:

I'm sorry you are not getting much attention having arrived in the middle of a big event: roll call. . . . .I will try to get 's attention, too.

The only thing I can think of is to continue to take whatever iron you need and adjust your thyroid meds up to compensate for the binding.

Guest guest

Making your own tile sounds like great fun to me. I don't do ceramics, but I do vitreous enameling on metal which has many similarities. I haven't done it in awhile. I need to get back to it. Roxanne wrote:

but I'm just wondering if the Nexium killing all your stomach acid is helping to do in the effects ___

Gosh my server must be messed up, I just received a ton of group emails.

; thanks for the info. on the stomach acid. It is something to talk to the doctor about! I actually think I will just quit the nex and take tums for a month or so, see how things feel!

Jan; I 'm sorry to hear this! Thank God you have the means and smarts to look up the back records and know what you are looking at! Now it is time to take care of yourself! We all will be thinking of you and let us know when your surgery will be!

I know what you mean about renovations on the house and your other things going on. I am making my own tile for the living room and it has taken me almost a year to finish it, I now have it 2/3rd grouted, then I have the rest of the rooms to finish, Then there is the business, I have not concentrated on it in a very long time, not giving it my all like I want it to go.,

Oh well this to shall pass and all things will get done!

Take Care All

I'm back on the phone to the doc.

If this does not get worked out today

I'm on the phone to ville

Roxanne

Lipan TX __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Making your own tile sounds like great fun to me. I don't do ceramics, but I do vitreous enameling on metal which has many similarities. I haven't done it in awhile. I need to get back to it. Roxanne wrote:

but I'm just wondering if the Nexium killing all your stomach acid is helping to do in the effects ___

; thanks for the info. on the stomach acid. It is something to talk to the doctor about! I actually think I will just quit the nex and take tums for a month or so, see how things feel!

Jan; I 'm sorry to hear this! Thank God you have the means and smarts to look up the back records and know what you are looking at! Now it is time to take care of yourself! We all will be thinking of you and let us know when your surgery will be!

I know what you mean about renovations on the house and your other things going on. I am making my own tile for the living room and it has taken me almost a year to finish it, I now have it 2/3rd grouted, then I have the rest of the rooms to finish, Then there is the business, I have not concentrated on it in a very long time, not giving it my all like I want it to go.,

Take Care All

Roxanne

Lipan TX __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I missed the info about Nexium, could you repeat it. I have been thinking of getting off Nexium, been on it three years

thanks,mary

Re:

Take Care All

Roxanne

Lipan TX

Guest guest

I missed the info about Nexium, could you repeat it. I have been thinking of getting off Nexium, been on it three years

thanks,mary

Re:

Take Care All

Roxanne

Lipan TX

Guest guest

Three years?! I will tell you that being on an acid pump reducer can even cause anemias, when on one that long. I'm not even so sure that this didn't contribute to mine. I was on a round of pepcid for 3 months, and that doesn't even have the power that the Nexium does. Killing SOME of the stomach acid is ok, but all of it, is another matter. You will not be able to absorb nutrients after awhile. This can contribute to the iron anemia, folic acid anemia, B12 anemia, and B5 and B6 anemias. Think how long a dose of this stuff lasts---all day long. When can you absorb nutrients? I have gird also, and I've tried to figure out other ways of handling it, but, I know, it's not always possible.

Re:

Guest guest

Three years?! I will tell you that being on an acid pump reducer can even cause anemias, when on one that long. I'm not even so sure that this didn't contribute to mine. I was on a round of pepcid for 3 months, and that doesn't even have the power that the Nexium does. Killing SOME of the stomach acid is ok, but all of it, is another matter. You will not be able to absorb nutrients after awhile. This can contribute to the iron anemia, folic acid anemia, B12 anemia, and B5 and B6 anemias. Think how long a dose of this stuff lasts---all day long. When can you absorb nutrients? I have gird also, and I've tried to figure out other ways of handling it, but, I know, it's not always possible.

Re:

Guest guest

Re:

Guest guest

thanks, maybe thats why I have had bouts of anemia the last year. Wonder why the Dr. didn"t mention this--I will when I see him again for blood work.

Re:

Guest guest

thanks, maybe thats why I have had bouts of anemia the last year. Wonder why the Dr. didn"t mention this--I will when I see him again for blood work.

Re:

Guest guest

Re:

Guest guest

He may not know it, sometimes I think the drug reps give them drugs to push without tell them ALL the side effects or minimizing them.

Janie Re:

Re:

Guest guest

He may not know it, sometimes I think the drug reps give them drugs to push without tell them ALL the side effects or minimizing them.

Janie Re:

Re:

Guest guest

Dear Sanjeev - Surekha (1984),

Thak gaye yaar thumhe khojthe khojthe !

Renuka must have asked me umpteen times " How come Kishore is not active in the

egroup ? "

So ....please join the egroup and remain in touch.

And please start with an update !

Ashok & Renuka ' 84

BCH-jbtdrc wrote:

Dr. Surekha Kishore

Rural Development Institute

Himalayan Inst. Of Hospital Trust

Jolly Grant, Dehradun

Uttaranchal – 248 140

Dear Sanjeev & Surekha,

We were very happy to see both of you doing very well. We enjoyed

the evening meeting with yours and of Sau. Murali’s families with active

children. We feel bad that Surekha did not find time to talk to us. She was busy

in kitchen, an excellent hostess. When Ashok & Renuka called on Sunday, we

informed them about your doing fine. My request is to Sanjeev to meet Dr.

Chandra Shekhar Sharma, Chief Medical Officer, nature Cure Centre, Parmartha

Niketan and spend some time there. It will help in a big way, to face stressful

situations in administration of big department like pathology. I wish he finds

time sooner, the better. I think HIMS has good potential to grow and you both

will have greater responsibilities in future.

With regards & all the best wishes,

Dr. & Mrs. B. C. Harinath

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.737 / Virus Database: 491 - Release Date: 8/11/2004

Guest guest

egroup ? "

Ashok & Renuka ' 84

BCH-jbtdrc wrote:

Dr. Surekha Kishore

Jolly Grant, Dehradun

Uttaranchal – 248 140

Dear Sanjeev & Surekha,

children. We feel bad that Surekha did not find time to talk to us. She was busy

---

Guest guest

egroup ? "

Ashok & Renuka ' 84

BCH-jbtdrc wrote:

Dr. Surekha Kishore

Jolly Grant, Dehradun

Uttaranchal – 248 140

Dear Sanjeev & Surekha,

---

Guest guest

Dear Daddy,

Its interesting that just by going to the mission my understanding of our faith

and faith in truth is getting clearer. Don't get a lot time to read though.

<<

Dear Ashok,

Two doctors Dr. R. Raja Raja Chozhan and Dr. Dr. Menaga

Krishnamoorthy in Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences have joined Nature Cure Centre

at Arogyadham. Recently the Principal of Llyods Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan School

visited Arogyadham and showed interest for having yoga and meditation classes

for school children. What sort of parameters (grade, concentration, regularity,

behaviour, IQ, EQ and mental status etc.) we can have for measuring the

beneficial effects of yoga and meditation? If you come across the same, do let

us know.>>

About your query about introduction of meditation techniques and yoga in

Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, a thumb rule would be earlier the better.

Young minds are more impressionable and responsive. Nowadays they say you should

start reading to a newborn infant because its all about myelination of nerves

and networking of the neurons. We all have the same brain. What makes us smarter

is the degree and onset of networking.

I would guess 7 or 8 would be a good age because you do need concentration and

committment.

I will also consult some experts on this.

I am sure Shankerji & Sujathaji will also be able to throw some light as they

design classes for age 4 onwards.

With love,

Ashok 1984

BCH-jbtdrc wrote:

Dear Ashok,

It looks, you are doing lot of reading and forwarding very useful

and interesting information. We are very pleased with your interaction with

Shri. Shanker Pillai and Chinmaya Mission. You are exploring Indian philosophy

earlier than we did.

Keep it up.

With Love,

Daddy & Mummy

---

Version: 6.0.744 / Virus Database: 496 - Release Date: 8/24/2004