RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes my daughter Paige is almost completely potty trained now. She has a few accidents but has been great. No accidents for awhile so he just got tired of it. It is amazing how different all these children are and yet how alike. It seems like whenever I get completely fed up with a behavior and have tried everything I can think of to redirect or change it, when I finally bring it to the senior therapist for a behavior plan he stops. Its like he knows exactly how far to go before I start pulling out my hair and get his therapists involved. One thing is for sure is very smart and he can read me like a book. I really hope things have been going better with your daughter and if there is anything I can help with let me know. Kellie

From: Mooney <hmoonbeamyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: (unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 11:10 PM

HI EVERYONE,

IM HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER, SHES 9 AND HAS BEEN POTTY TRAINED SENCE SHE WAS 4NOW SHE POOPS OR PEES ANYWHERE/WE HAVE TO WATCH HER 24/7, IVE BEEN GETING HER UP AT LEAST 1 A NIGHT SO SHE DOSNT WET THE BED.I FEEL AS IF IM COSUMED BY THIS BEHAVIOR ALL I DO IS THINK ABOUT THIS ,IF AND WHEN IT WILL END.

Guest guest

I'M SO SORRY IF I CAME OFF THAT WAY! ITS JUST THAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND SHE DOESN'T RESPOND TO THINGS BEING TAKEN AWAY (SHE WILL JUST LIVE WITHOUT)ITS VERY FRUSTRATING BECAUSE I KNOW IF IT WORKED IT WOULD MAKE IT SO MUCH EASIER.

(unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:10 PM

HI EVERYONE,

IM HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER, SHES 9 AND HAS BEEN POTTY TRAINED SENCE SHE WAS 4NOW SHE POOPS OR PEES ANYWHERE/WE HAVE TO WATCH HER 24/7, IVE BEEN GETING HER UP AT LEAST 1 A NIGHT SO SHE DOSNT WET THE BED.I FEEL AS IF IM COSUMED BY THIS BEHAVIOR ALL I DO IS THINK ABOUT THIS ,IF AND WHEN IT WILL END.

Guest guest

YOUR MAIL MAKES ME SMILE HEATHER ALEX ARE 2 PEAS IN THE SAME POD.

JUST 3DAYS AGO SHE STATED GOING BACK TO USING THE BATHROOM I JUST HOPE THAT'S DONE AND OVER!!!

HAY, LET ME ASK U HOW DOSE ALEX RESPOND TO SMELLS?HEATHER HAS A STRANGE FIXATION WITH PUNGENT ODOR.

(unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 11:10 PM

HI EVERYONE,

Guest guest

Dearest ...it did not come off that way to me (I know it was between you an another person, but just my two cents...I took what you said with no offense) :) I can tell you like to write in caps :) I also know that on some days this is a frustrating "job" ...Take good care. And use your caps anytime you like...just don't add a million !!!!!!!!!! exclamation points --- Now that would be screaming. (smiles)

e

(unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:10 PM

HI EVERYONE,

Guest guest

My son is 5 and just started K and it is an Autism class! We have been trying to potty train him since he was 3 at home and in his special needs preschool and he is still not trained! It is so hard and it does concern me!Stacie BAurora ILSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 16:51:12 -0700 (PDT)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: (unknown) Please take off your CAPS...it's perceived as yelling. Thank you.My son took a long time to potty train. By the time kindergarten started (thank Goodness) he was potty trained. Somewhere between 2nd & 3rd grade he started soiling his pants. Don't know exactly when or why. We would just smell it that think it's one of the dogs or if we were outside we would be checking our shoes. He would make the biggest mess in the bathroom. Once we discovered what was going on we had to retrain, and since he was old enough to understand where & when & how to use the bathroom he needed to be included in the clean up process and he would be taken away from the TV, Video game or whatever...we also had to get the school to assist in continuing the training.From: Mooney <hmoonbeamyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: (unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:10 PMHI EVERYONE, IM HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER, SHES 9 AND HAS BEEN POTTY TRAINED SENCE SHE WAS 4NOW SHE POOPS OR PEES ANYWHERE/WE HAVE TO WATCH HER 24/7, IVE BEEN GETING HER UP AT LEAST 1 A NIGHT SO SHE DOSNT WET THE BED.I FEEL AS IF IM COSUMED BY THIS BEHAVIOR ALL I DO IS THINK ABOUT THIS ,IF AND WHEN IT WILL END.

Guest guest

Its nice to talk to you as well. doesn't seem to notice smell much- he is very into touch- touching everything seeing how it works. He is mostly into playdoh and he makes all the appliances with it. He loves elevators and vaccums even the noisy hand dryers- if we let him he would spend all day on you tube watching video of elevators and vacuums. Its all about motivation. He knows how to google and use the computer because he discovered you tube. If only the webkinz had a vacuum or elevator you could buy he would be in heaven. Is over or under sensative. seems to crave noise and rough texture even chews whatever he can for the stimulation. His Dr. says its pretty rare for autistic kids to be as undersensative as he is but hes always wanted hard hugs and rough tickles as well as he has trouble

grading pressure with his hands. hope things continue to go well with the bathroom! Kellie

From: Mooney <hmoonbeamyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: (unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 11:10 PM

HI EVERYONE,

Guest guest

We prepared a bathroom package that was kept in the bathroom to try to entice our son to use the bathroom. This package was a box with special things to keep him busy while he sat on the toilet and he could only use them while on the toilet. New special (small) toys, handheld video games, special interactive books, stickers, etc...He was not allowed to remove them from the bathroom. We had hospital gloves and baby wipes because our son was feces phobic. There was always a diaper genie to dispose of the wipes so the toilet didn't clog. Everything was "HIS" He decorated the box & diaper genie with his stickers. Sometimes I would sit with him and read him a story or play a game with him. He now uses the bathroom by himself...he just won't flush the toiled for fear of overflowing it.

From: Mooney <hmoonbeamyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: (unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:10 PM

HI EVERYONE,

Guest guest

It was not that way to me...I've been on the internet for almost 18 years so it just something I am familar with and it sticks out. I know some people like to see the text in all caps...it's just internet blog ediquet. That's all.

From: Mooney <hmoonbeamyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: (unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:10 PM

HI EVERYONE,

Guest guest

Sorry feels like a little OCD. Had to come back and spell check. LOL

HI EVERYONE,

Guest guest

My thought is that is may be a medical issue and not a behavioral

problem. I agree with the PP's but, if it were me I would address

the issue with her pediatrician first. She could have underlying

issues such as out of control yeast, bladder or spinal mis-alignment

issues that are causing her to go. If that is the case, it is out of

her control and she should not be punished for it.

HTH,

>

> From: Mooney <hmoonbeamyahoo (DOT) com>

> Subject: (unknown)

> To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com

> Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:10 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> HI EVERYONE,

>      IM HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER, SHES 9 AND HAS

BEEN POTTY TRAINED SENCE SHE WAS 4NOW SHE POOPS OR PEES ANYWHERE/WE

HAVE TO WATCH HER 24/7, IVE BEEN GETING HER UP AT LEAST 1 A NIGHT SO

SHE DOSNT WET THE BED.I FEEL AS IF IM COSUMED BY THIS BEHAVIOR ALL I

DO IS THINK ABOUT THIS ,IF AND   WHEN IT WILL END.  

>

Guest guest

He may be suffering from Encopresis. There are several reasons this happens. Sometimes the kids will hold in their feces and when they do go it's so hard it hurts. They remember the pain and will hold it in to avoid going. Also, some feces will leak past the hardened feces and these kids don't realize they have messed their pants. You will have to talk to your doctor about the condition. For starters have him drink lots and lots of water to soften the bowl movements.

HI EVERYONE,

Guest guest

thank u for your words,

we are now trying to take away her shampoos from the bathroom shelf(she loves to shower)

HI EVERYONE,

Guest guest

Thank u,

You are kind, we are in the process of getting a good team of doctors together.

(unknown)> To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com> Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:10 PM> > > > > > > HI EVERYONE,> IM HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER, SHES 9 AND HAS BEEN POTTY TRAINED SENCE SHE WAS 4NOW SHE POOPS OR PEES ANYWHERE/WE HAVE TO WATCH HER 24/7, IVE BEEN GETING HER UP AT LEAST 1 A NIGHT SO SHE DOSNT WET THE BED.I FEEL AS IF IM COSUMED BY THIS BEHAVIOR ALL I DO IS THINK ABOUT THIS ,IF AND WHEN IT WILL END. >

Guest guest

thank you

HI EVERYONE,

Guest guest

that's OK i just really couldn't get why some emails were about my writing and not about support i mean with everything we go thought this should not be an issue

I'm OK with staying, if everyone else is?

HI EVERYONE,

Guest guest

Oh good e! I am so happy to hear your daughter is doing much better! That is great news!Stacie BAurora ILSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:56:41 -0700 (PDT)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: (unknown) Thank you precious Stacie...moving on now ;) Take good care...by the way, my sweet girl is doing better in kindergarten this week...much less anxiety. Re: (unknown)e! I felt the same way you did in what you said but just did not say anything! Thanks for saying that!Stacie Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Guest guest

My 6 year old was severely aggressive to everyone...teachers, therapists, babysitters (when they were brave enough to come over), and our family members (including me). No one escaped his biting, scratching, pinching, and headbutting. The things that helped ease the aggression were using the computer, and showers. The water almost always snapped him out of his rage. The nice thing about the computer, is that all his programs are educational, and promote language acquisition (he is non-verbal). 's rage has been a product of his inability to communicate, and get his needs and wants known. He's been very frustrated. Another positive outcome from him using the computer, is that he taught himself how to read and do math. He's actually on grade level, even though he originally tested as severely impaired autistic.

Sara

(unknown)

What about aggressive behavior in young children with Autism? My son is only 41/2 but he has biting, head butting and other aggressive behaviors. I am concerned about him when he begins public school. Does anyone have any suggestions as in which directions one should go?

Guest guest

My son has all of what you said your son does and it is very hard! He is 5 and he just started in a diagnostic K for Autism class that is brand new!Stacie BAurora ILSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:19:24 -0700 (PDT)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: (unknown) What about aggressive behavior in young children with Autism? My son is only 41/2 but he has biting, head butting and other aggressive behaviors. I am concerned about him when he begins public school. Does anyone have any suggestions as in which directions one should go?

Guest guest

My son is very agrressive at times also, but he is only 2... I am trying to get him out of this while he is young. Any suggestions?

My son has all of what you said your son does and it is very hard! He is 5 and he just started in a diagnostic K for Autism class that is brand new!Stacie BAurora ILSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:19:24 -0700 (PDT)

To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: (unknown)

What about aggressive behavior in young children with Autism? My son is only 41/2 but he has biting, head butting and other aggressive behaviors. I am concerned about him when he begins public school. Does anyone have any suggestions as in which directions one should go?

Guest guest

I've read that it can be a way of " self stimulation " , or maybe it's

trying to communicate their needs, or sometimes light, noises, etc,

etc. actually HURT their eyes,painful to hearing, etc even touch can

be painful.. The SENSES can play mean tricks on Autistic children..

Who REALLY knows WHAT they go through? That is what is SAD to ME. :-(

DIANE

>

> > My son has all of what you said your son does and it is very

hard! He

> > is 5 and he just started in a diagnostic K for Autism class that

is brand

> > new!

> > Stacie B

> > Aurora IL

> >

> > Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

> >

> > ------------------------------

> > *From*: Phyllis

> > *Date*: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:19:24 -0700 (PDT)

> > *To*: <AutismBehaviorProblems >

> > *Subject*: (unknown)

> >

> > What about aggressive behavior in young children with Autism? My

son is

> > only 41/2 but he has biting, head butting and other aggressive

behaviors. I

> > am concerned about him when he begins public school. Does anyone

have any

> > suggestions as in which directions one should go?

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi,I just tried this with success! My son started being aggressive

and I knew he was at that hurt someone,break something stage. I

grabbed him by the arm and actually walked with him with my other

hand on his bare back I began scratching and lightly pinching like

massage type as we walked. He didnt attack any of us and I was able

to redirect him and I continued the vigirous back scratching pinching

for about 15min. He got through the tuff time and so did we un

harmed. I then did a head scratching massage,finger tapping. I see my

older autistic son finger tapping his head then calming so I tried it

on my younger son. He enjoyed it! My older autistic children never

have hurt a person when they became aggressive like my younger son. I

realized,remembered I gave my older children massages and then

redirection when ever they started being aggressive. Their

feet,backs,head and hands. I think it really helped. Its kind of the

last thing you would ever think of in an aggressive time.

Best wishes,

Tishanne

-- In AutismBehaviorProblems ,

" DIANE " wrote:

>

> I've read that it can be a way of " self stimulation " , or maybe it's

> trying to communicate their needs, or sometimes light, noises, etc,

> etc. actually HURT their eyes,painful to hearing, etc even touch can

> be painful.. The SENSES can play mean tricks on Autistic children..

> Who REALLY knows WHAT they go through? That is what is SAD to ME. :-

(

> DIANE

>

>

> >

> > > My son has all of what you said your son does and it is very

> hard! He

> > > is 5 and he just started in a diagnostic K for Autism class that

> is brand

> > > new!

> > > Stacie B

> > > Aurora IL

> > >

> > > Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

> > >

> > > ------------------------------

> > > *From*: Phyllis <garrettvsgrammy@>

> > > *Date*: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:19:24 -0700 (PDT)

> > > *To*: <AutismBehaviorProblems >

> > > *Subject*: (unknown)

> > >

> > > What about aggressive behavior in young children with Autism?

My

> son is

> > > only 41/2 but he has biting, head butting and other aggressive

> behaviors. I

> > > am concerned about him when he begins public school. Does anyone

> have any

> > > suggestions as in which directions one should go?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

That is WONDERFUL!! I'm glad you were able to think of something like

that at a stressful time. When my son gets angry and threatens to do

anything everybody just freezes up and can't think of anything except

RUN!!! But redirection is GREAT!! :-) DIANE

> > >

> > > > My son has all of what you said your son does and it is very

> > hard! He

> > > > is 5 and he just started in a diagnostic K for Autism class that

> > is brand

> > > > new!

> > > > Stacie B

> > > > Aurora IL

> > > >

> > > > Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

> > > >

> > > > ------------------------------

> > > > *From*: Phyllis <garrettvsgrammy@>

> > > > *Date*: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:19:24 -0700 (PDT)

> > > > *To*: <AutismBehaviorProblems >

> > > > *Subject*: (unknown)

> > > >

> > > > What about aggressive behavior in young children with Autism?

> My

> > son is

> > > > only 41/2 but he has biting, head butting and other aggressive

> > behaviors. I

> > > > am concerned about him when he begins public school. Does anyone

> > have any

> > > > suggestions as in which directions one should go?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Kellie..

I am so glad you wrote this post. I have an 8 yr old son who is

autistic. He was totally potty trained at the end of last school

year..We also have a 3 year old daughter. When my son started

regressing in toileting, it was when he saw our daughter peeing on

the floor. Then he started to do the same and pottying wherever he

was. And now, I have started putting him back in pullups (he doesn't

mind) At the same time, my daughter had recently taken to wanting to

wear diapers where she was wearing regular panties. He seems to be

mirroring her behaviours, except, she will go potty in the toilet and

now he won't except to pee sometimes.

I give him rewards for toileting, but I goofed up in the sense that

when she got a reward, he would see it and he would then go into the

bathroom and expect a treat. In reality, he was not using the toilet

and still being rewarded.

I think my step would be to really pay attention and reward her when

I see her go and expect the same from him. Your post made a light

come on in my head :)

>

>

> Subject: (unknown)

> To: AutismBehaviorProblems

> Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 11:10 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> HI EVERYONE,

>      IM HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER, SHES 9 AND HAS

BEEN POTTY TRAINED SENCE SHE WAS 4NOW SHE POOPS OR PEES ANYWHERE/WE

HAVE TO WATCH HER 24/7, IVE BEEN GETING HER UP AT LEAST 1 A NIGHT SO

SHE DOSNT WET THE BED.I FEEL AS IF IM COSUMED BY THIS BEHAVIOR ALL I

DO IS THINK ABOUT THIS ,IF AND   WHEN IT WILL END.  

>

Guest guest

Its amazing how alike these kids are and how different as well. I noticed I made a typo in the message I sent. is also 8. It is so hard to always try and figure out why something that doesn't make sense in happening. I'm so glad my post helped you and has been perfect with going to the bathroom since. Paige has also made great strides and has almost completed training so hopefully we won't see that again!!!

Subject: Re: (unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Monday, September 22, 2008, 4:37 PM

Kellie..I am so glad you wrote this post. I have an 8 yr old son who is autistic. He was totally potty trained at the end of last school year..We also have a 3 year old daughter. When my son started regressing in toileting, it was when he saw our daughter peeing on the floor. Then he started to do the same and pottying wherever he was. And now, I have started putting him back in pullups (he doesn't mind) At the same time, my daughter had recently taken to wanting to wear diapers where she was wearing regular panties. He seems to be mirroring her behaviours, except, she will go potty in the toilet and now he won't except to pee sometimes. I give him rewards for toileting, but I goofed up in the sense that when she got a reward, he would see it and he would then go into the bathroom and expect a treat. In reality, he was not using the toilet and still being rewarded.I think my step would be

to really pay attention and reward her when I see her go and expect the same from him. Your post made a light come on in my head :) > > From: Mooney <hmoonbeam@. ..>> Subject: (unknown)> To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com> Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 11:10

PM> > > > > > > > > HI EVERYONE,> IM HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER, SHES 9 AND HAS BEEN POTTY TRAINED SENCE SHE WAS 4NOW SHE POOPS OR PEES ANYWHERE/WE HAVE TO WATCH HER 24/7, IVE BEEN GETING HER UP AT LEAST 1 A NIGHT SO SHE DOSNT WET THE BED.I FEEL AS IF IM COSUMED BY THIS BEHAVIOR ALL I DO IS THINK ABOUT THIS ,IF AND WHEN IT WILL END. >

Guest guest

No problem! I can relate to that "it's just scoliosis" reaction..... That's very common, even from family members! But we understand here! Good luck! Steph

From: Patty Bowen <bowenpattyyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] (unknown)To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 1:03 AM

Hello, my name is Patty and I am new to all of this. My daughter was diagnosed with scoliosis in February and unfortunately I had the month from hell with everyone in my house getting the stomach bug twice and my daughter getting pneumonia. Anyway, the doctor's first step was to send her for an MRI which ended up not happening until early April b/c they won't put a child under until 6 weeks after having pneumonia so I lost precious weeks. Nothing else showed up on the MRI and the doctor sent me to have a brace made for her. I was hopeful but it ended up that the first place made it all wrong. So, off to get the next brace made & we just got it last Wednesday and had her x-rayed in it 5/22. More bad news, this brace, as well made as it was, wasn't going to do anything either. I think now that they knew that from what I've read online because she was at 47 degrees when this all started & is now (I think) at 55 degrees.

I was so upset I couldn't think straight. The doctor told me to give him until this Friday to see if anyone could even help her and where I should go. The thought that no one would be able to help her scared me to death. Isabella is now 21 months old and the thought of losing her to something like this is crushing esp, since I lost my first son almost 10 years ago (nothing to do with scoliosis). I am so glad that I found a place to speak with other people b/c you always feel like you're alone.