RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

she takes zonegran and keppra for her seizures. If she takes 100mgs of zonegran twice a day, she will have more seizures and she becomes almost manic. So we lowered it to 50mgs twice a day and added 500mgs of keppra twice a day to that. She needs those two meds to control her seizues. Both alone for her don't. She also take tegretol but that is for moods. We just weaned her off of klonopin for anxieties and are going to put her on celexa in a week or so.

And if she does okay on that, we may take her off of tegretol.

she was on

Depakote-got extreme rage

dilantin-broke out in a rash

lamictal-screamed and became house bound because of anxieties.

Also didn't sleep

We had a neuro that didn't know that zonegran could cause manic stuff.

so we put her lithium..and her hands all at once swellled up huge. ER dr said she wasn't reacting because she wasn't toxic....on her blood work.yeah right. I stopped it.Her psych dr was out of town and he came back the next day. told me you could be allergic without be toxic.ugh.

Got a new neuro and he knew right away what the problem was. we lowered it and she sleep for the first time in weeks.

Seizure meds are very tricky. However, if you do your homework and have a good dr, it can be very good too.

since we got the right combination, my dd's language has just exploded. She is considered mr but she is learning more too. Puberty also has been good for her..she would be doing very well now if it wasn' for pms...LOL! she only gets it every other month thankfully but she is sure a pill for a week until her period shows up. the dr thought celexa might help with that too. I need to do some research on it. tends to react to the things that are in the minority. My husband does that too so we learnt thru him to read the weird side effects.LOL!

Elaine

(unknown)

my son had a eeg test done and it was not normal , We think he may have had a seizure . We have to wait until the 18th to see a neurologist .I'm very worried ! Does anyone have any advise on seizures ? I don't want to look at Web Md or Google because I am too scared to be bombarded with too much information and scare myself too death . Can he have one anytime and how do I sleep ?

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

Guest guest

They said was not having a seizure during the EEG bu it was abnormal

He is already on risperdal and celexa , I have heard of certain anti seizure meds

helping with behavior ,mood ,but I'm not sure which ones ........

I guess I'll find out ,I hate waiting

..Thanks for answering !

----- Original Messae ----To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Saturday, August 2, 2008 1:53:26 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

Thanks, e, I'm interested because Karac has begun appearing to have something that looks a little like seizures; it is just sort of eye squeezes and pause for a few seconds. I don't know if itis a tic or something that might need medication. Pat K

In a message dated 8/2/2008 7:40:22 A.M. Central Daylight Time, ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com writes:

Sweet Pat, Good morning to you ;) I do not, but can find out if you need the info. Again I know some of these meds can have two effects they make you crazy, and or they make it better (well I guess they can do nothing at all)....so, you know me, I'm not spouting any for sures....... ........I will email my friend and ask her.

Have a great Saturday!

e

(unknown)

my son had a eeg test done and it was not normal , We think he may have had a seizure . We have to wait until the 18th to see a neurologist .I'm very worried ! Does anyone have any advise on seizures ? I don't want to look at Web Md or Google because I am too scared to be bombarded with too much information and scare myself too death . Can he have one anytime and how do I sleep ?

Guest guest

I would check out the risperdal.

Risperdal can increase seizures if the child has them or it can cause seizures.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a694015.html

Elaine

They said was not having a seizure during the EEG bu it was abnormal

He is already on risperdal and celexa , I have heard of certain anti seizure meds

helping with behavior ,mood ,but I'm not sure which ones ........

I guess I'll find out ,I hate waiting

..Thanks for answering !

----- Original Messae ----From: "pkuenstleraol" <pkuenstleraol>To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Saturday, August 2, 2008 1:53:26 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

Thanks, e, I'm interested because Karac has begun appearing to have something that looks a little like seizures; it is just sort of eye squeezes and pause for a few seconds. I don't know if itis a tic or something that might need medication. Pat K

In a message dated 8/2/2008 7:40:22 A.M. Central Daylight Time, ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com writes:

Sweet Pat, Good morning to you ;) I do not, but can find out if you need the info. Again I know some of these meds can have two effects they make you crazy, and or they make it better (well I guess they can do nothing at all)....so, you know me, I'm not spouting any for sures....... ........I will email my friend and ask her.

Have a great Saturday!

e

(unknown)

Guest guest

Hi,

My son was constantly screaming and upset last year , he was just miserable and would

throw things and tantrum constantly ,

he started Celexa and he seems much happier now and smiles alot! He walks around

with a huge grin sometimes it's so cute ! He was

put on it to help with his obsessive behaviors but it also makes him happier too .

I read Celexa is a older form of Lexapro ? I used to take that and it worked

for me . I've been told what works for other family members has a better chance of

working . Thanks for all the information

(unknown)

Guest guest

thanks , his dose was increased a few months ago ,

I'll have to check this out ..

(unknown)

Guest guest

Blood, sweat, tears, and fired one dr.LOL!

I have found that I must read everything I can on her meds.

And her dr tried using smaller dosages than what is prescribed.

Elaine

(unknown)

Guest guest

Oh no! s neuro just perscribed him Risperdal and we have not started it yet! He is on Depekote now because he has a seizure disorder! I wonder why she would perscribe this for him if this is the case?Stacie BAurora ILSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 16:53:33 -0400To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: (unknown) I would check out the risperdal.Risperdal can increase seizures if the child has them or it can cause seizures. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a694015.html Elaine They said was not having a seizure during the EEG bu it was abnormal He is already on risperdal and celexa , I have heard of certain anti seizure meds helping with behavior ,mood ,but I'm not sure which ones ........ I guess I'll find out ,I hate waiting .Thanks for answering ! ----- Original Messae ----From: "pkuenstleraol" <pkuenstleraol>To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Saturday, August 2, 2008 1:53:26 PMSubject: Re: (unknown) Thanks, e, I'm interested because Karac has begun appearing to have something that looks a little like seizures; it is just sort of eye squeezes and pause for a few seconds. I don't know if itis a tic or something that might need medication. Pat K In a message dated 8/2/2008 7:40:22 A.M. Central Daylight Time, ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com writes: Sweet Pat, Good morning to you ;) I do not, but can find out if you need the info. Again I know some of these meds can have two effects they make you crazy, and or they make it better (well I guess they can do nothing at all)....so, you know me, I'm not spouting any for sures....... ........I will email my friend and ask her. Have a great Saturday! e (unknown) my son had a eeg test done and it was not normal , We think he may have had a seizure . We have to wait until the 18th to see a neurologist .I'm very worried ! Does anyone have any advise on seizures ? I don't want to look at Web Md or Google because I am too scared to be bombarded with too much information and scare myself too death . Can he have one anytime and how do I sleep ? Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos. Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

Guest guest

Depekote is suppose to be a mood stableizer but did do that for my son!Stacie BAurora ILSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 13:49:59 -0700 (PDT)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: (unknown) They said was not having a seizure during the EEG bu it was abnormal He is already on risperdal and celexa , I have heard of certain anti seizure meds helping with behavior ,mood ,but I'm not sure which ones ........I guess I'll find out ,I hate waiting .Thanks for answering !----- Original Messae ----From: "pkuenstleraol" <pkuenstleraol>To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Saturday, August 2, 2008 1:53:26 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)Thanks, e, I'm interested because Karac has begun appearing to have something that looks a little like seizures; it is just sort of eye squeezes and pause for a few seconds. I don't know if itis a tic or something that might need medication. Pat K In a message dated 8/2/2008 7:40:22 A.M. Central Daylight Time, ljdjd1234yahoo (DOT) com writes:Sweet Pat, Good morning to you ;) I do not, but can find out if you need the info. Again I know some of these meds can have two effects they make you crazy, and or they make it better (well I guess they can do nothing at all)....so, you know me, I'm not spouting any for sures....... ........I will email my friend and ask her. Have a great Saturday! e (unknown)my son had a eeg test done and it was not normal , We think he may have had a seizure . We have to wait until the 18th to see a neurologist .I'm very worried ! Does anyone have any advise on seizures ? I don't want to look at Web Md or Google because I am too scared to be bombarded with too much information and scare myself too death . Can he have one anytime and how do I sleep ? Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos. Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

Guest guest

When we started with 's psych dr(the one she has now) he didn't know it either. I think on that first visit he thought I was a nut case.LOL!

It used to be hidden in tiny print and I didn't see it for a long time. had been on risperdal for about 2 years and we just could not control her seizures. And one day I saw it. Anyway, I told her dr and to his credit, he looked it up. When I was leaving the room, he told me that he saw it and he had never realized that. He actually went thru all his patients with seizures and took them off it, he told me later, and it helped many of them get control. And that was the begining of a good relationship. He realized that I just didn't give my daughter meds, I did research them.And I wasn't kooky.LOL!

Elaine

(unknown)

Guest guest

Well, we won't try that!! Pat K

JJ can't take Depekote. it made him VERY mean within min. of taking it. he tore the whole living room up within 15 min. He never got it again. Lois

Guest guest

JJ can't take Depekote. it made him VERY mean within min. of taking it. he tore the whole living room up within 15 min. He never got it again. Lois

Guest guest

sure i be worry with son be on depakote could it make him mean after he has been on it a while and zonegran to and what about zoloft and abifity please help me help him.

Subject: Re: (unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Saturday, August 2, 2008, 8:40 PM

What med did he take? Lois

Guest guest

That happened to with Abilify , ritalin ,and adderal ! Ritalin made him more hyper , adderal made him sad and cry , and Abilify made him angry and miserable .He threw the tv and tore up his room . Everyone's different , Too bad about risperdal and seizures because he does good with it and has not had alot of weight gain like other people . Re: (unknown)

Guest guest

oh, thanks My son is 8 , (unknown)

Hi , sounds like it could be seizure activity. My son vomits,is

non responsive and very pale lips. His seizures were called

alternating hemiplegia,a complex seizure disorder. It was very hard

to diagnose. Not typical seizure symptoms. It took several EEG and

hospital trips and his neurologist reading results. I took him to

hospital or Dr. after the seizure,that made it harder to diagnose.

Eventually I got an EEG during his seizure. My sons began in his 2nd

year. Now at 16 he still has seizures, but less often. Keep a record

of your sons symptoms for your neurologist.

Tishanne

- In AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com, Huff

<severenwinter@ ...> wrote:

>

> hello,

> I took my son to the neurologist because he had a abnormal EEG and

a episode of being nonresponsive

> and vomiting that lasted several minutes .

>

> the neorologist said a large portion of people with autism will

have a abnormal

> EEG , so we did not get a diagnosis one way or the other . Has

anyone experienced

> something similar . ... How do seizures usually get diagnosed ? Is

it possible he may never

> have another one ? thanks !

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

I have an autistic son who is 8 years old so the behaviors sound very famaliar but there is not enough info given to say it sounds like autism. Are these behaviors new or have they been going on since he was very young. I would look at his language- is it age appropriate.

Does he make eye contact when you talk to him, does he do repetitive stimming behavior such as spinning things, touching things over and over etc. If these behaviors are new are they related to his grandad being gone? or maybe prepuberty hormone changes or a combination of both. Whatever the cause I would take him to a Psychologist for testing and if recommended a Psychiatrist to see what you could do to help him. I know it seems like the behaviors have taken over but we all know that underneat those behaviors is your wonderful child trying to deal with the world in the best way he can and with help and guidance you will be able to get through this with him whatever the cause. My prayers and my heart go out to you. Kellie

Subject: (unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 8:16 AM

son daniel 9 years old , defiant,nothing taken in , forgets what has just been told him, violent to me and sister if does not get his own way, thrughs things on the floor in tempor, does opposite to what he is told , no fear climbing all the time when does not want to come home , hates shopping, bedroom constantly untidy , does not want to spend time with the family . misses grandad alot , has he got autism

Guest guest

Does he have a behavioral therapist?

Subject: (unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 9:16 PM

son daniel 9 years old , defiant,nothing taken in , forgets what has just been told him, violent to me and sister if does not get his own way, thrughs things on the floor in tempor, does opposite to what he is told , no fear climbing all the time when does not want to come home , hates shopping, bedroom constantly untidy , does not want to spend time with the family . misses grandad alot , has he got autism

Guest guest

She is 9....She is potty trained!

In my opinion she is old enough to clean up the mess herself with consequences if she doesn't. Take away a privilege.

Subject: (unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:10 PM

HI EVERYONE,

IM HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER, SHES 9 AND HAS BEEN POTTY TRAINED SENCE SHE WAS 4NOW SHE POOPS OR PEES ANYWHERE/WE HAVE TO WATCH HER 24/7, IVE BEEN GETING HER UP AT LEAST 1 A NIGHT SO SHE DOSNT WET THE BED.I FEEL AS IF IM COSUMED BY THIS BEHAVIOR ALL I DO IS THINK ABOUT THIS ,IF AND WHEN IT WILL END.

Guest guest

hi , My son had some trouble with that this summer as well. We tried taking him to the bathroom every hour to try and go just like when he was little and that didn't work so we went and bought some adult size diapers and he hated them (we had to hide all his underwear) after a little while we tried underwear again and he was fine except for a few accidents. Finally I figured out it was actually in imitation of his sister who was almost potty trained but still had occasional accidents. She had an accident and peed on the kitchen floor he took off his clothes and peed as well. is 9 and he has been potty trained since he was 4 except for at night when he wears the good night underwear. His biggest delay is social, emotional and language so I try to ask myself if he was his emotional age would this be something he would do and

why? Since he is about 3 or 4 emotionallly I guess this regression is appropriate and he has been doing some imitation of his sister and I was thrilled so I need to learn to take the bad with the good. kellie

Subject: (unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 11:10 PM

HI EVERYONE,

IM HAVING A REALLY HARD TIME WITH MY DAUGHTER, SHES 9 AND HAS BEEN POTTY TRAINED SENCE SHE WAS 4NOW SHE POOPS OR PEES ANYWHERE/WE HAVE TO WATCH HER 24/7, IVE BEEN GETING HER UP AT LEAST 1 A NIGHT SO SHE DOSNT WET THE BED.I FEEL AS IF IM COSUMED BY THIS BEHAVIOR ALL I DO IS THINK ABOUT THIS ,IF AND WHEN IT WILL END.

Guest guest

> She is 9....She is potty trained!

In my opinion she is old enough to clean up the mess >herself with

consequences if she doesn't. Take away a privilege.

Consequences will only work if the issue is a real behavioral problem, ie.

something she does otu of anger, frustration, to imitate another child or

something. However, you would have to figure out wherhter there isn't a

medical cause behind this, like an urinary tract infection. Also some

autistic people do lose toilet-training at some point, so she may need to be

retrained. I do agree that, if she's able to help otu clean the mess, she

should be helping with that, but it shouldn't be treated as if it were

deliberate unless/until you know it is.

Astrid

astrid@...

http://www.astridvanwoerkom.com/

I'm protected by SpamBrave

http://www.spambrave.com/

Guest guest

Exactly...I thought that was without saying. Evaluate & Treat!

Subject: Re: (unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Saturday, September 6, 2008, 9:17 AM

> She is 9....She is potty trained!In my opinion she is old enough to clean up the mess >herself with consequences if she doesn't. Take away a privilege.Consequences will only work if the issue is a real behavioral problem, ie. something she does otu of anger, frustration, to imitate another child or something. However, you would have to figure out wherhter there isn't a medical cause behind this, like an urinary tract infection. Also some autistic people do lose toilet-training at some point, so she may need to be retrained. I do agree that, if she's able to help otu clean the mess, she should be helping with that, but it shouldn't be treated as if it were deliberate unless/until you know it is.Astridastrid@astridvanwoe rkom.comhttp://www.astridva nwoerkom. com/ I'm protected by SpamBravehttp://www.spambrav e.com/

Guest guest

THANKS SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING,SHE WAS AT ONE POINT CLEANING IT UP HERSELF AND STILL TRIES HELPS CLEAN UP BUT.THEN I WAS TOLD BY THE HOME PROGRAM ER TO STOP HAVING HER HELP THAT IT MAYBE ATTENTION SEEKING

> She is 9....She is potty trained!In my opinion she is old enough to clean up the mess >herself with consequences if she doesn't. Take away a privilege.Consequences will only work if the issue is a real behavioral problem, ie. something she does otu of anger, frustration, to imitate another child or something. However, you would have to figure out wherhter there isn't a medical cause behind this, like an urinary tract infection. Also some autistic people do lose toilet-training at some point, so she may need to be retrained. I do agree that, if she's able to help otu clean the mess, she should be helping with that, but it shouldn't be treated as if it were deliberate unless/until you know it is.Astridastrid@astridvanwoe rkom.comhttp://www.astridva nwoerkom. com/ I'm protected by SpamBravehttp://www.spambrav e.com/

Guest guest

MY GOD,THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT.

ITS FUNNY BUT IT GAVE ME SUCH COMFORT IN KNOWING THAT SOMEONE IN THIS CRAZY WORLD HAS GONE THOUGHT THE SAME (U KNOW I HAD THOUGHT SHE MAY HAVE BEEN MIMICKING HER YOUNGER BROTHER HOW IS ALSO ALMOST POTTY TRAINED

IS YOUR DAUGHTER POTTY TRAINED YET?

(unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 11:10 PM

HI EVERYONE,

Guest guest

YEA,IVE TAKEN EVERY THING AWAY

(unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:10 PM

HI EVERYONE,

Guest guest

Please take off your CAPS...it's perceived as yelling. Thank you.

My son took a long time to potty train. By the time kindergarten started (thank Goodness) he was potty trained. Somewhere between 2nd & 3rd grade he started soiling his pants. Don't know exactly when or why. We would just smell it that think it's one of the dogs or if we were outside we would be checking our shoes. He would make the biggest mess in the bathroom. Once we discovered what was going on we had to retrain, and since he was old enough to understand where & when & how to use the bathroom he needed to be included in the clean up process and he would be taken away from the TV, Video game or whatever...we also had to get the school to assist in continuing the training.

From: Mooney <hmoonbeamyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: (unknown)To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 12:10 PM

HI EVERYONE,