RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re:

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks for your input! I wish the items you've been mentioning were easily attainble here. <sigh>

"...become the change you envision" Hinds ----Original Message Follows---- Reply-To: VeganMacrobiotics To: VeganMacrobiotics Subject: Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 05:51:44 -0000 , I hear about soy too but I think fermented is healthier and in Macrobiotics they say to not eat unfermented soy. Tofu shouldn't be eaten too often (once a week maybe) it is supposed to cool you down and you should only have organic I think you are hearing bad stuff about non organic soy that is genetically modified. I don't have suggestions for your friend with transition except don't try to find replacements like fake cheese, etc as it will only frustrate them as it doesn't taste the same. About lowers levels, that will have to come with time and will happen naturally once the animal products are eliminated. Reg Hello! Nice to see so many new members! What type of tofu do most of you use? Medium-Firm, Firm, extra firm? I've been hearing a lot of bad stuff about tofu and soy lately (mostly the mass producing of it and introduction of lots of chemicals) has anyone else heard this? I also have another question. I have a friend who is considering becoming vegan because of tryglicerides and high cholesterol. What steps would you suggest they take to ease into the transistion and to lower their levels?

Guest guest

which items did I mention you wish you could get? I have to rely on

internet ordering for a bunch of things, why don't you check out

some of the sites I have listed to order? It's worth it to get the

stuff don't you think?

I'm off to rollerblade on a roll, going everyday.........

Guest guest

Reggie,

who was it on the site that was vegan and wanting to get pregnant? I had some filles I was going to post for her.

"...become the change you envision" Hinds ----Original Message Follows---- Reply-To: VeganMacrobiotics To: VeganMacrobiotics Subject: Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 05:58:05 -0000 Sin, What have you been reading about climates? So are you saying that what I told you over a year ago about salt is something you're finally believing?????????? ;) I, as you know, live in the tropics sort of. There are some in Canada. Interesting about the breaking down of starch cells, where did you read that? I just used it tonight to blend up brocolli to put in my lentil soup. Do you want one recipe that has chick peas, kidney beans and green beans all together? Why do you want them all together? I'll have to look, really busy lately listing on ebay for not only myself, a friend and I got an account to sell clothes for someone. I've spent over 5 hours working so far (on the account,not to mention the one for a friend), have tons more to do and really hope I make some cash from this!!! What's up with you and work? 25 days till the cruise, any chance you can come?????????? Sandy said there are 515 ppl registered already! I am so psyched! Reggie, I"ve been looking at climates and the foods we should eat based on where we live. I agree with it to a point I'm curious... how many members are in a tropial climat vs. polar? ...I'm guessing most are in between of course. Is anyone else in a bunch of snow like me? Or are most of the group members from the states? I also was told that we shouldn't mash food in a food processor because the blades thoroughly break down starch cells (if anyone cares). Finally can anyone suggest a wonderful recipe for a cold bean salad with chick peas, kidney beans and green beans?

Guest guest

Cool! I'll really have to try and catch up this week-end but I have to learn a new class (t'ai chi, yoga, pilates combo) by Tuesday and my days and nights are so full. ...I'll try!

"...become the change you envision" Hinds

----Original Message Follows---- Reply-To: VeganMacrobiotics To: VeganMacrobiotics Subject: Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:45:47 -0000 Good Sin b/c I've missed you, so much to catch up on. I hope all is going well with you. My new counselor is in Toronto but said if you're interested he'll do a consult but he does phone and internet stuff like Lino. But this guy is really good, I think you'll like him. Love, Reg

Guest guest

No apology necessary.

Thank you for the wishes.

It was wonderful. Craig got me the sweetest card and inside were tickets to see "michael buble" ...I'm very excited about that. Then he took me out for dinner to my favourite vegetarian restaurant!

It was good day, no, a great day! Thanks for asking!

"...become the change you envision" Hinds

----Original Message Follows---- Reply-To: VeganMacrobiotics To: VeganMacrobiotics Subject: Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 15:05:33 -0000 I owe a HUGE apology to , it was her birthday on the 5th. Ok, I was away but I got so wrapped up in exhaustion and the emotions of coming back to my personal hell that I simply forgot. , please forgive me, I hope your birthday was wonderful and that you were filled with only happy thoughts. What did you do for your birthday????????? I love you, Reggie

Guest guest

who is Buble? I'm jealous you have so many choices of veg

restaurants!

Glad you had a great time of it. What about your favorite mother in

law????????????????

>

Guest guest

just curious, what is a sahm?

>

> Hey ,

> how old are your kids? I've a sahm with a nearly 3 y/o who I'm

> homeschooling but obviously now nothing formal or whatever. What

> model do you follow if any?

> You must read old posts about macro and what is and what isn't.

> Yes, you're right about the whole philosophy thing. What books

have

> you been reading about the philosphy? I want some!

> What's nourishing traditions?

> How's your family with the fully macro thing? What are their

diets

> like?

> I can't believe I keep hearing everyone fasting and cleansing. I

> was tempted but still nursing and can't afford to lose anymore

> weight. As it is today I got weighed in at the dr and lost even

> more weight!!! I'm 114 and was 120 a few weeks ago. I'm 5'6 "

> What kind of healing did you see? I love to hear about the gross

> stuff. :)

> What made you go from veggie to fish? I always wonder and ask but

> most of the time ppl get so defensive and I never get a real

> answer. I wonder b/c for me veganism started for ethical reasons

> and I couldn't see not eating animals and then going back to

them.

> My most recent consultation was with Verne Varona and he said any

> chance you'll eat fish and I said NOPE so he was like ok then you

> need to up your seaweeds. But that's me, I'm anal too :) I gave

> up red meat 19 years ago and then chicken 14 and then coffee and

> then dairy and then cigarettes and then sugar and then microwaves

> and then most refined foods and electric cooking, etc. Sheesh no

> wonder I'm a rail, lololololol But I had to give up each thing

cold

> turkey, the only way I can do things.

> , where do you live?

> Sheesh, I am really on a roll tonight, wonder if it's the sleep

> deprivation or what.

> I didn't study tonight I think I need to do something............

> Buonanotte,

> Reggie

>

> >

> > I'm , 35 yo sahm who homeschools 2 of my three children. I

> also run a

> > tutoring business from our home and do fiber arts on the side.

> >

> > I've been practicing macrobiotics on and off for about 15 years

> (introduced

> > to me when my dh ran a health food store), but never going

> completely macro.

> > Even when I incorporated macrobiotics into our life previously,

it

> was all

> > about the food, not the philosophy. Recently, I've been reading

> more about

> > the philosophy of macrobiotics not only the recipes and it

really

> resonates

> > with me.

> >

> > I was vegetarian for 11 years and even followed Nourishing

> Traditions

> > philosophy for while. At the moment, I still incorporate some

NT

> ideas as

> > well as macrobiotics...primarily the fermented foods.

> >

> > I find myself drawn to macrobiotics again and again and would

> to go

> > completely macro. I feel it's being presented to me over and

over

> as a life

> > lesson.

> >

> > I'm currently fasting for a spring cleaning, which will make the

> switch to

> > complete macro a bit easier, I feel (though that is not my

reason

> for

> > fasting). I fasted 5 days last week, took a break over the

> weekend and am

> > now going for 10 days unless my body tells me to stop earlier.

I

> saw a lot

> > of healing during those 5 days and feel there is more work to be

> done.

> >

> > I'm not vegan yet, hope that's okay...please tell me if it's not

> and I will

> > unsub. Though I have cut out all dairy (sob, no coffee with

> cream. Heck,

> > no coffee!) I am currently sporting a horrible addiction to

> homemade fish

> > tacos.

> >

> > Thanks for having me,

> >

> >

Guest guest

> how old are your kids? I've a sahm with a nearly 3 y/o who I'm > homeschooling but obviously now nothing formal or whatever. What > model do you follow if any?

Hey Reggie :-)

I have three children...Conrad (10), Noah (8), and nursling girl Finn (almost 3). I'm pretty informal, but like lots of books and a classical approach. I've usually done my own curriculum in the past, but started with Sonlight right before Finn was born. I love it! It doesn't take much to secularize it and I adore the heavy emphasis on reading and good books.

My 10 yo is testing the public school waters this year and loves it.

If I had to choose a 'model' to follow, I would say it would be classical with a hearty dose of unschooling thrown in for good measure and quite a bit of Waldorf to round out the day in rhythms ;-) I'm quite eclectic, really.

When my boys were smaller, say Kindergarten age, my focus was on reading. From there, it just progressed naturally, mostly child led learning.

I could go on for pages, but for appreciation of our non-homeschooling members, I'll stop here.

> You must read old posts about macro and what is and what isn't.> Yes, you're right about the whole philosophy thing. What books have > you been reading about the philosphy? I want some!

Well, to be quite honest, what drew me back into macrobiotics this time was Porter. I was browsing the bookstore with my tea, just enjoying some time without "mommy" being sung every several minutes, and I happened upon her book. I was shocked. Now, I love macrobiotics as much as everyone here, so don't take this the wrong way, but almost all of the macrobiotic books I have (or any out there) are a bit...um...dated.

I saw the fresh looking book, looked at the publish date and about jumped for joy! I bought it immediately without even paging through it. It's just so dang refreshing to see that people are currently into macrobiotics, writing books, creating new recipes, incorporating the principles in their lives.

I picked up Kushi's tome again (the book of macrobiotics) and am inspired.

It's based on the teachings of Weston A. Price, but really, I can't see how any vegan would get much out of it. www.westonaprice.org

I can talk about it more if anyone is interested. Given that this is a vegan group, I won't go further.

> How's your family with the fully macro thing? What are their diets > like?

My dh was veggie with me those 11 years, but is now a devoted meat eater. My boys were raised veggie from birth to 4 years (roughly). They have no problems either way.

Given that we eat veggie quite often and macro some of that, I think everyone will go with the flow of the all powerful mom ;-)

> I can't believe I keep hearing everyone fasting and cleansing. I > was tempted but still nursing and can't afford to lose anymore > weight. As it is today I got weighed in at the dr and lost even > more weight!!! I'm 114 and was 120 a few weeks ago. I'm 5'6"> What kind of healing did you see? I love to hear about the gross > stuff. :)

I'm nursing still, too.

Not a lot of gross stuff (yet...haven't done the 10 day yet this spring). Simple, joyous stuff like the ganglion cyst on my wrist going away, my running injury healing, my skin looking radiant and my focus being more...focused, lol. I have more clarity of thought.

> What made you go from veggie to fish? I always wonder and ask but > most of the time ppl get so defensive and I never get a real > answer.

I don't think I'm defensive at all. I could not be an ethical veggie. I did it for a while when I first started being vegetarian (due to friends at the time), and it consumed my life and made me depressed. We all must do what we must do. I had to stop thinking of the animals. I was/am a vegetarian for health reasons. Likewise, some of the ideas in NT made sense to me, so I incorporated them. It's all a growing experience.

I do what I can in other ways now...fostering greyhounds, supporting CSAs, putting my money and consumer purchases where it can support my beliefs.

At one point, after 11 years being a vegetarian, I wanted to eat meat. I evaluated the situation, decided I could eat meat and be healthy, and did just that. We eat mostly organic beef and buffalo or venison when we can. I have no problem with it at all.

Guest guest

i am so out of date with all these terms. thank you. dh must be

divorced husband?

> > just curious, what is a sahm?

>

> Stay at Home Mom

>

> :-)

>

>

Guest guest

Yes, I am interested. What part of the Nourishing Traditions info is useful for you? I think we can learn things from Weston A. Price and his followers. I have learned a lot about lipids from them, and about diets in other cultures.

Nina

It's based on the teachings of Weston A. Price, but really, I can't see how any vegan would get much out of it. www.westonaprice.org

I can talk about it more if anyone is interested. Given that this is a vegan group, I won't go further.

Guest guest

Yes, I am interested. What part of the Nourishing Traditions info is useful for you? I think we can learn things from Weston A. Price and his followers. I have learned a lot about lipids from them, and about diets in other cultures.

I firmly believe that consuming excessive vegetable oils, hydrogenated fats and refined foods contribute to heart disease more than consuming animal products.

Nourishing Traditions/Weston A Price philosophy is, at it's heart, a whole foods diet. No refined flours or sugars, no additives or artificial ingredients, big emphasis on fermented foods for enzymes. Those ideas mesh well with macro. NT also touts the healthy aspects of animal foods, meat broths, quality dairy, etc. Those, obviously, don't mesh at all with macro, lol.

I've changed my views on oils and fats after reading NT and researching. I don't feel saturated fats are unhealthy...I use cultured butter, coconut oil, high quality olive oil and some sesame oil in moderation.

Macro would suggest corn oil, but I shy away from it because of the high Omega-6 content (Omega 6 / Omega 3 imbalance) and rancidity factor.

Following macro, I shouldn't use coconut oil since coconuts do not grow naturally here and are extremely yin...though I feel at times like I'm in a tropical environment here in south Texas.

We do not have 4 seasons here at all. Most winters we only see a few days of freezing temps (barely freezing), spring is brief and summers long and intensely hot (up to 110). I found eating with the seasons a bit difficult at first and quite a learning process. I've actually had to research and find out when things are in season. Other than the obvious summer/winter vegetables, the only thing that I could easily discern "in season" was asparagus since it *only* shows up in the grocery in the spring. (one of my favorites and sadly extremely yin)

I'm blessed now to have a farmer's market right up the street from me once a week from May to November. I purchase almost all my veggies from one gentleman there and enjoy seeing his produce and flowers change with the months.

Guest guest

Wow thanks for all that info. I'm really looking forward to

having your around. One thing tho that has been brought up to me is

that several ppl (emailed me not about you but in the past) is they

are bothered or upset about discussing flesh consumption here. I'm

torn b/c I like this group to be one where there aren't limitations

(as Adam and I have discussed several times) but since there have

been some who really are upset by it and they are dear friends and

here for a long time I would like to respect their wishes. I'm not

saying it's not a reality that most of the world does so just that

here we have a little haven from it..............

I'd love to hear more about your involvement with homeschooling but

this isn't the group for it and I'm sure most would be bored. I may

email you sometime for more info if you don't mind. But since

Marlie's nearly 3 and I really don't know much about it, do you have

any small suggestions for me?

I really think Porter's book thrilled lots of ppl. I got a

copy on ebay and it doesn't have the index section which is pretty

frustrating and sometimes difficult to use.

I have found that often times we crave what we are discharging even

if years later. I know when I was pregnant I was discharging

cigarettes and it had been YEARS since I smoked. As a matter of

fact when I had a consultation by Verne on the cruise he asked me if

I was on birth control pills about 8 years ago or something which

blew me away a bit (now I understand more) but it goes to show that

stuff we do that damages our body stays with us much much longer

than we think. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Peace,

Reggie

> > how old are your kids? I've a sahm with a nearly 3 y/o who I'm

> > homeschooling but obviously now nothing formal or whatever.

What

> > model do you follow if any?

>

> Hey Reggie :-)

>

> I have three children...Conrad (10), Noah (8), and nursling girl

Finn (almost 3). I'm pretty informal, but like lots of books and a

classical approach. I've usually done my own curriculum in the

past, but started with Sonlight right before Finn was born. I love

it! It doesn't take much to secularize it and I adore the heavy

emphasis on reading and good books.

>

> My 10 yo is testing the public school waters this year and loves

it.

>

> If I had to choose a 'model' to follow, I would say it would be

classical with a hearty dose of unschooling thrown in for good

measure and quite a bit of Waldorf to round out the day in rhythms ;-

) I'm quite eclectic, really.

>

> When my boys were smaller, say Kindergarten age, my focus was on

reading. From there, it just progressed naturally, mostly child led

learning.

>

> I could go on for pages, but for appreciation of our non-

homeschooling members, I'll stop here.

>

> > You must read old posts about macro and what is and what isn't.

> > Yes, you're right about the whole philosophy thing. What books

have

> > you been reading about the philosphy? I want some!

>

> Well, to be quite honest, what drew me back into macrobiotics this

time was Porter. I was browsing the bookstore with my tea,

just enjoying some time without " mommy " being sung every several

minutes, and I happened upon her book. I was shocked. Now, I love

macrobiotics as much as everyone here, so don't take this the wrong

way, but almost all of the macrobiotic books I have (or any out

there) are a bit...um...dated.

>

> I saw the fresh looking book, looked at the publish date and about

jumped for joy! I bought it immediately without even paging through

it. It's just so dang refreshing to see that people are currently

into macrobiotics, writing books, creating new recipes,

incorporating the principles in their lives.

>

> I picked up Kushi's tome again (the book of macrobiotics) and am

inspired.

>

> > What's nourishing traditions?

>

> It's based on the teachings of Weston A. Price, but really, I

can't see how any vegan would get much out of it.

www.westonaprice.org

>

> I can talk about it more if anyone is interested. Given that this

is a vegan group, I won't go further.

>

> > How's your family with the fully macro thing? What are their

diets

> > like?

>

> My dh was veggie with me those 11 years, but is now a devoted meat

eater. My boys were raised veggie from birth to 4 years (roughly).

They have no problems either way.

>

> Given that we eat veggie quite often and macro some of that, I

think everyone will go with the flow of the all powerful mom ;-)

>

> > I can't believe I keep hearing everyone fasting and cleansing.

I

> > was tempted but still nursing and can't afford to lose anymore

> > weight. As it is today I got weighed in at the dr and lost even

> > more weight!!! I'm 114 and was 120 a few weeks ago. I'm 5'6 "

> > What kind of healing did you see? I love to hear about the

gross

> > stuff. :)

>

> I'm nursing still, too.

>

> Not a lot of gross stuff (yet...haven't done the 10 day yet this

spring). Simple, joyous stuff like the ganglion cyst on my wrist

going away, my running injury healing, my skin looking radiant and

my focus being more...focused, lol. I have more clarity of thought.

>

> > What made you go from veggie to fish? I always wonder and ask

but

> > most of the time ppl get so defensive and I never get a real

> > answer.

>

> I don't think I'm defensive at all. I could not be an ethical

veggie. I did it for a while when I first started being vegetarian

(due to friends at the time), and it consumed my life and made me

depressed. We all must do what we must do. I had to stop thinking

of the animals. I was/am a vegetarian for health reasons.

Likewise, some of the ideas in NT made sense to me, so I

incorporated them. It's all a growing experience.

>

> I do what I can in other ways now...fostering greyhounds,

supporting CSAs, putting my money and consumer purchases where it

can support my beliefs.

>

> At one point, after 11 years being a vegetarian, I wanted to eat

meat. I evaluated the situation, decided I could eat meat and be

healthy, and did just that. We eat mostly organic beef and buffalo

or venison when we can. I have no problem with it at all.

>

>

Guest guest

Please do not feel the need to apologize, you are very sweet. I am

trying to have this a really free group and do not want to tell ppl

what they can and can't say. There is NO possible way you could have

known that others emailed me with their concern. I do thank you for

your considerate attitude though. You are most kind.

Peace,

Reggie

> >One thing tho that has been brought up to me is

> > that several ppl (emailed me not about you but in the past) is they

> > are bothered or upset about discussing flesh consumption here.

>

> I respect that completely. I refrained from further NT talk on my

initial

> email. Nina did express interest and I wrote a bit more this

morning...I

> apologise that I did mentioned meat in that subsequent email.

>

> Considering that I am going completely macro, you have nothing to

worry

> about. I won't mention any animals or animal products again.

>

>

Guest guest

<<I firmly believe that consuming excessive vegetable oils, hydrogenated fats and refined foods contribute to heart disease more than consuming animal products.>>

I think this statement may be true. What holds me back is T. Colin 's work, "The China Study", where he proved beyond doubt with lab animals that tumors are triggered in the presence of animal protein, but not without it, no matter how toxic the carcinogen. He also cites many epidemiological studies to support this idea - related to many diseases, not just cancer. There is also the issue that animal flesh today is much more toxic than it used to be, and people don't eat it properly - for example, they eat dairy protein unfermented, when it should be fermented (i.e., pre-digested).

I am on another list where many people have had excellent results by quitting refined products and sticking to raw milk, grass-fed beef, and so forth.

<<Nourishing Traditions/Weston A Price philosophy is, at it's heart, a whole foods diet. No refined flours or sugars, no additives or artificial ingredients, big emphasis on fermented foods for enzymes. Those ideas mesh well with macro. NT also touts the healthy aspects of animal foods, meat broths, quality dairy, etc. Those, obviously, don't mesh at all with macro, lol. I've changed my views on oils and fats after reading NT and researching. I don't feel saturated fats are unhealthy...I use cultured butter, coconut oil, high quality olive oil and some sesame oil in moderation. Macro would suggest corn oil, but I shy away from it because of the high Omega-6 content (Omega 6 / Omega 3 imbalance) and rancidity factor. >>

You are right that the two philosophies overlap in omitting junky, processed food. I think you are also right about the lipids - an issue that I have been reading a lot about lately, and have learned a lot about from the Weston Price people. In fact, their understanding of lipids solves two key macro puzzles for me:

(1) why people manage to stay healthy on those animal-based diets, eliminating processed oils and refined foods, and claiming to do better than with grains; and

(2) why macro and several other vegan diets (McDougall, Dean Ornish et al.) insist you must eat very low fat, and they get excellent results that way. Macrobiotics counsels people to eat very little oil, and no oil for seriously ill cancer patients. This is extremely difficult for many people to stick with, and often they drop the diet for that reason. It's a big reason why macro has a bad rap ("what a stern diet, I could never ...")

What the low-fat diet accomplishes is that it eliminates polyunsaturated oils from the diet, and that is why it creates such healing. What it misses is that various saturated fats do NOT need to be eliminated, and in fact can be eaten generously. If people knew this, they would probably be much more attracted to macrobiotics.

Because of the toxicity of animal foods today, and the high risk posed by animal proteins generally, the issue of saturated fat gets mixed up with the issue of being vegan. What people don't know is that there are some fabulous plant-source saturated fats - coconut oil especially, but also palm, avocado, cashews, brazil nuts - that build health. Thus, the diet need not be low in fat - it just should be low in extracted polyunsaturated oils, with lots of antioxidants to balance the polyunsaturates contained within whole foods.

Because macrobiotics has tended to equate cutting back on polyunsaturated oils with eating a very low-fat diet, macrobiotic people suffer from a major epidemic of osteoporosis and other ailments stemming from an insufficient fat intake. Macro children often have insufficient bone and tooth formation - I have noticed this for many years. Dr. Ted Kaptchuk told me that he was "really down on macrobiotics" because he saw "dozens and dozens of cases of rickets" in macrobiotic children. I was losing bone at a rate of 6-8% per year, and I have read many stories of others in macro who were stunned to find that their bones were crumbling underneath them. I think that this is not because of an insufficient calcium, magnesium, etc. intake. I think that it is because they aren't eating enough saturated fat. It was my bone loss that led me on this lipid journey. It took me 10 years to figure out that the problem with my bones was a lack of fat. I discovered it by accident (as I discover most things). Nobody told me!

Saturated fat is necessary for bone remodeling and repair. I learned this first from Anne-Marie Colbin. This also goes along with healthy skin, hair and nails. Apart from the epidemic of osteoporosis, I have noticed lots of dry, shriveled skin among macrobiotic people past about 45 years old. That, too, is a sign of insufficient saturated fat, which is needed to make collagen. It's not a lack of calcium that will make your bones break, it is a drying up of the collagen. If you remove all the calcium from a bone, it will bend but it won't break. If you dry it out, it will snap easily.

Traditional peoples always ate animal products. They weren't vegan. They got their saturated fats from animal products. We are attracted to veganism today because the meat is so toxic and we need more vegetables to detoxify the pollution in everything around us. Well and good, but somewhere, somehow, we have to make up the deficiency of saturated fat that is brought about by this choice. We can get these foods from plants. We just need to drop the delusion that we can live just like our ancestors of 500 years ago. Those options are gone. Our environment is unique - crowded, polluted and toxic. Animal foods are full of heavy metals, and dangerous. To the rescue, we have airplanes that can airlift some foods from the tropics that can fill in what we can't get anymore.

I think that the benefits of plant saturates, in particular coconut oil, far outweigh the fact of its tropical origins. I can tell when I've eaten something too yin; I never have that reaction with coconut oil. It fits. It has many factors similar to human breast milk.

<<Following macro, I shouldn't use coconut oil since coconuts do not grow naturally here and are extremely yin...though I feel at times like I'm in a tropical environment here in south Texas. >>

, your environment is almost tropical. Eat that creamy VCO and enjoy it. I eat lots of it all winter, and I live in Boston. The planet is heating up a whole lot; we need to balance that with more yin. That's another reason I think we are attracted to veganism.

Nina

Guest guest

Nina,

Very interesting. I enjoyed reading the background to better

understand why you choose to eat coconut oil. Thanks for taking the

time to explain to all of us.

>

Guest guest

Hey, Reggie,

We moved here 2 years ago from Seattle to be near daughter and granddaughter here. (My research reveals the strong Macro community in the PNW. Too bad I wasn't aware and awake then to have taken advantage of it. But I guess that's saying too bad I didn't know I had breast cancer then, which means I probably wouldn't have moved and......the wheel turns.)

New Orleans is an interesting place. "Carbonated decay" are the words closest to how it seems to me. 50% functional illiteracy here. 50%! With it comes all kinds of violence, usually drug related. Small town feel. But good and nice people. Freedom to explore if you don't mind everyone knowing your business. Networking is a big thing, because if you are not local, there's a problem. It seems that even if you are local, if you don't know the right person, you could be stuck in whatever you are trying to get out of or to. But it's also crazy, nutty, intense, and, well, excessive! Laissez les bon temps rouiller! (I think...) Vacationers here generally really enjoy it.

What brought me to Macro was the cancer Do. I have been vegetarian in the past, as well as high protein, Craig, eat-it-all, etc. Cancer gets one's attention, (8/29/04) and now that I am past the western-medicine gauntlet and down to weekly Herception infusions, it occurred to me that this is something I should look into, because I really do want to be around, if I can assist it. The thing I liked about Atkins was, I never got hungry. I mean I DID, but it seemed an appropriate hunger. When I did Craig, or eating "regularly", it seemed like my body was on radar alert for food. My mouth was as big as Texas, and it needed/wanted to be fed! High protein released me from that. So I was nervous when I started eating Macro, because it's all carbs! Imagine my surprise to experience the same hunger relief as provided by Atkins. WoW! The whole grains are satisfying and slow burning. Even when I ate vegetarian before, I consumed too much fat, sugar and processed foods. Could only find 1 person local that is Macro- Phyllis Parun, no group classes. Have picked up some library books tonight, but I just didn't want to do this alone. So I went to Yahoo groups just to see if anyone was out there. I picked this group because it had a fair number of postings, but not overwhelming. I hoped that meant good information flow at least, good person flow at best.

Finally (Gosh, I'm blathering on!) by saying I might leave being male, I was thinking this-

I studied with a Native American woman for 10-15 years. She used to talk about being male, being female, but that the goal was to be a human being rather than just one or the other, to embrace the energetics of each within and recognize the beauty and freedom of being whole person. (Please don't think you hear me talking sexual because it's bigger than that. But on the other hand, a person's sexual being is beautiful, and far be it from me to say who should be what in their sexual body.) Anyway, this woman would talk sometimes about "flipping the switch", moving from a hoop of female energy or male energy alone and manifesting both, like a circle becomes a figure eight.

And then there is also the yin/yang thing- not letting go of female, just inviting male.

Oh my gosh! You must be asking, "Who is this nutcake???!!" So will end there. Found the bit of discussion interesting re: pressure cooker. Have been thinking about getting one, but have been leaning toward getting a nice heavy pot, like Le Cruet.

Almost 10 and things still to do before light's out.

May you walk in love and laughter,

Guest guest

Ditto as well! Uncalled for.........

Kathy

RE:

Ditto here. I am very offended and shocked.

s

From: nfpprofessionals [mailto:nfpprofessionals ] On Behalf Of Paige lySent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:15 PMTo: nfpprofessionals Subject:

That comment about Dr. Hilgers violating human rights was uncalled for. I mean, really. What is especially frustrating is that we should all be working together no matter what our backgrounds, and you have undermined that. I do appreciate your apology, however, remarks like these are truly damaging because they chip away at the trust and respect we should have for one another.

Paige ly

Guest guest

The article by Professor Anscombe may be found at:

http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles/AnscombeChastity.shtml

Bower

-----Original Message-----From: nfpprofessionals [mailto:nfpprofessionals ] On Behalf Of E. Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 8:00 PMTo: nfpprofessionals Subject: RE:

I’m pretty sure I once saw it as a free-standing (relatively short) book. Don’t know where else it might have been published. I remember thinking it was pretty good, by the way, despite the fact that I’m not generally a huge fan of hers (I don’t go in much for analytical philosophy).

-----Original Message-----From: nfpprofessionals [mailto:nfpprofessionals ] On Behalf Of Terry MaesSent: Monday, January 30, 2006 6:57 PMTo: nfpprofessionals Subject:

Hi, everyone! I am looking for an article called "Contraception and Chastity" published in 1974 by the British philosopher, Gertrude Margaret Anscombe (G.E.M. Anscombe). Miss Anscombe died in January of 2001 and the article is mentioned in her obit published in First Things in May of that year. No mention of the journal, magazine or the like is cited. So... any of you scholars out there know where I can get a copy? Many thanks, Terry Maes

Guest guest

Thanks Reggie for your support. There has been a lot going on, now

one year since returning to the US. Some quiet reflective time would

be great to delve into the issue some. Yoga helps, but making enough

time for that now is harder. Was thinking about a counselor... or

some form of meditation.... Not sure yet.

> > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ilanit- you asked how they knew it was infected. Several

> people

> > (2

> > > > nurses and 1 doctor) just looked at it and that is what they

> said.

> > > >

> > >

> > > of course they could be right but you have to be careful with

> > jumping to

> > > conclusions - sometimes something is inflammed nut not infected

> i

> > am

> > > finding and sometimes just ittitated which i would class as

> > inflammation too

> > >

> > > > I'm reflecting on all the discussion about kidneys and

spleen,

> and

> > > > what too much " sweet " flavor creates in the body. Wondering

if

> > that

> > > > is what has been going on with me? Sometimes lately I have

> been

> > > > feeling sooo tired and wonder if there is still something low

> > grade

> > > > going on in my body?

> > > >

> > > could be. any other symptoms? could just be something else

> too...I

> > know

> > > that doesn't sound very helpful but I am finding often the most

> > obvious

> > > things is grapsed at meeically and sometimes it is not

correect -

>

> > there

> > > are many explainations to most things.

> > > Dr yuen says many diagnosis and results are quite wrong

> > >

> > > www.yuenmethod.com

> > >

> > > Ilanit

> > >

> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------

-

> ---

> > ----

> > >

> > > Little Tree Pty Limited, Melbourne, Australia (Little Tree). ®

> > > registered trademark, © copyright 2003. All rights reserved.

> This

> > email

> > > message and attachments may contain information that is

> > confidential to

> > > Little Tree. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot

> use,

> > > distribute, forward or copy the message or attachments. In such

> a

> > case,

> > > please notify the sender by return email and erase all copies

of

> > the

> > > message and attachments. The sender of this email message does

> not

> > allow

> > > the recipient to forward this email message or attachments in

> whole

> > or

> > > in part by means of the internet. Opinions, conclusions and

> other

> > > information in this message and attachments that do not relate

> to

> > the

> > > official business of Little Ttree are neither given nor

endorsed

> by

> > it.

> > > This email message and any attachments are subject to copyright.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Ms Ilanit Tof

> > > B.A. (Psychophysiology/Psychology)

> > > Advanced Diploma Healing with Wholefoods

> > > PhD Holistic Nutrition (candidate)

> > >

> > > Little Tree Oriental Healing Arts

> > > Helping you grow to new heights of wellbeing

> > > with Oriental Traditions and Modern Nutrition

> > >

> > > ilanit@ <mailto:ilanit@>

> > > <mailto:ilanit@>www.littletree.com.au

> > > <http://www.littletree.com.au>

> > > <http://www.littletree.com.au> <http://www.littletree.com.au>

> > > <http://www.littletree.com.au>

> > >

> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------

-

> ---

> > ----

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

We know from Dr. Odeblad's research that it only takes

5 mgs for a woman to sense its presence but it takes 40 mgs

to her to actually see it. So have her rely much more on

sensation. If it's an unchanging pattern we know it's an

infertile pattern and if it's changing, it's potentially fertile.

Temp will likely add more abstinence and won't help during

the pre-ovulatory phase.

Feel free to e-mail me off-line.

Sue Ek

BOMA-USA

boma-usa@...

Question for the instructors and/or physicians out there:My pastor asked me to correspond with a woman who is taking various meds (Ditropan, Percocet and Xanex). She claims to have no mucous with which to gauge her fertility (I can see how Ditropan, an anticholinergic, might have a drying effect). Would her best bet be to include temperature in her assessment? (I think she is currently an Ovulation Method user...though I plan to discuss the situation with her. I was hoping to get some ideas before engaging conversation).Thanks,Mike

Guest guest

Mark

Thanks for your suggestions. I did have her using the estrogen cream externally when using the Vagifem internally for about 5 months then I switched her to the Estring for 3 months with little difference. The problem seems to be at the introitus with decreased diameter. There is no evidence of lichen sclerosus and I checked for infections and did a vulvar colposcopy to make sure there were no lesions or vestibulitis. Thanks again. Les

-----Original Message-----From: nfpprofessionals [mailto:nfpprofessionals ] On Behalf Of Mark Stegman MDSent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 1:41 PMTo: nfpprofessionals Subject: Re:

Lester,

Several questions/suggestions:

I have found that estrogen cream often has a better effect on the vulva and introitus, where it would seem that your patient has some if not most of her problem. Have you tried this? 1 or 2 gm Estrace cream nightly or every other night for 2 weeks, then 1 gm 2 or 3 nights per week. Is the problem primarily at penetration, or after? Is the introitus decreased in diameter? Have you considered lichen sclerosus? If biopsy suggests or confirms this, either testosterone ointment (compounded, refer to the text by Friedrich, Vulvar Disease) or clobetasol 0.05 % cream or ointment bid can be quite helpful.

Hope this helps.

Mark Stegman MD

OT: Dear All

Anyone who can answer may help. I have an unusual case of a 61 yr old pt who has severe vaginal atrophy and has used estrogens (both tablets and ring) and cannot achieve vaginal intercourse. Her 62 yr old husband has always had a problem with premature ejaculation but they have worked around it till now. They still desire to engage in marital intimacy but without vaginal intercourse , it is my understanding and theirs that they cannot separate the procreative from the unitive (even though they cannot procreate) and therefore without vaginal intercourse cannot fully enjoy the physical pleasures of the marital embrace. They even feel that it may be tantamount to masturbation even though they do not desire it as such, nor look at it as such. Any comments or suggestions? Their next step is to consult a priest. Any references would be greatly appreciated.

Les Ruppersberger, D.O. FACOOG NFP only Gyn