RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Palin/McCain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Heck at least Lewinsky isn't her daughter! Now that's ONE girl who knew better!

(not to mention the leader of our country who should have known better!)

, Mom to 14, DS, Southern CaliforniaTo succeed in life,you need three things:a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.~ Reba McIntyre

Diagnosis Down Syndrome: A Site of Hope for New Parents or Parents with a Prenatal Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/What to Say to Parents of a Child with a Diagnosishttp://www.leeworks.net/DDS/speech.html

RE: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Re: Palin/McCain

Yeah, he said that when he told the press to back off. I am hoping that everyone can take time to remember that most families have ‘histories’, and deal with this news accordingly. Teen pregnancies are not something that most parents hope will happen to their kids, but I really do think that the Palin family (and for that matter, Obama’s mother) are dealing/have dealt with this the best way that they can…continue the pregnancy and move forward.

I have family members who got pregnant before they got married. One continued her pregnancy, and the other didn’t. And the one who didn’t regrets it to this day (and it was over 35 yrs ago)

So far, none of my kids have gotten pregnant or gotten anyone pregnant…and they were raised to know that premarital sex was not right…but there are no guarantees…that could very well be me walking in Palin’s shoes right now,,,so I appreciate the way she and her family are reacting to this.

KathyR

From: DownSyndromeInfoExchange [mailto:DownSyndromeInfoExchange ] On Behalf Of Dinkins-BorkowskiSent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 12:26 AMTo: DownSyndromeInfoExchange Subject: RE: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Re: Palin/McCain

One interesting thing to note…

About 42 years ago, a young 17 year old mother found herself unwed and pregnant.

She named the child Obama.

Dinkins-Borkowski; Nolan(5) nocf, Phoebe(3) Ds & cf

Phoebe Updates CLICK HERE

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."– Eleanor Roosevelt

Guest guest

I just saw an incredible site.  McCain on the tarmac greeting Palin.  He stops in front of Bristol (with fiancée

Levi in tow) and gives her several hugs and kind of grabs both shoulders as if

to say “You are strong like your mother and you will go far”  It brought me to tears.

Dinkins-Borkowski; Nolan(5) nocf, Phoebe(3) Ds

& cf

Phoebe Updates CLICK HERE

" The

future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. "

– Eleanor Roosevelt

Guest guest

So far, none of my kids have gotten pregnant or gotten anyone pregnant…and they were raised to know that premarital sex was not right…but there are no guarantees…

At least mine waited till she was out of the house and over 18 by a few days : ) I can not say I never thought it would happen.. cause there are no guarantees... But with the training My Tiff had... It was a surprise. To be honest I was more hurt that she did not tell me right away. She did not tell me till she was 7 months.. WITH EITHER baby. : (

She says it was cause she did not have any answers ( boy or girl - due date etc) So she just did not tell anyone. I could see her being afraid to tell us about the first.. but not the second. I am not a " told you so" kind of person. We rallied around her and got her prenatal care etc.

LOL

Steph