Rate this topic

Guest guest

Water is wonderful! My wife is using Weight Watchers, and

I’m sorta following that plan, though instead of points I’m

counting calories. I aim for 1500 like the doctor said, but my wife and

her nutritionist friend are afraid I might go into starvation mode, so I’m

not real strict. I might go a couple hundred calories over, but I too am

eating more fruits and vegetables. There are lots of 100 calorie snacks

on the market right now, so I can even get a taste of Hostess Ding Dongs!

" Running

is to dogs what dancing is to people.

It is

their way to get into the rhythm of the universe. "

~Stanley

Coren~

" I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did

better. "

~Maya Angelou~

Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Janet

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:44 PM

To: Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject: RE: New member

I lost over 100 lbs since last Oct I believe. My hepper mind

doesn't quite remember when I started my new lifestyle.

But I was tired of carrying around all that extra weight.

And needless to say it was hard to get cute clothes for a fat woman. I am a

Diva when it comes to clothes. LOL

I am nearly to my target weight and it feels delightful.

And I know I am doing my liver a big favor by taking off the

extra weight.

Here is how I do it. I eat anything I want. Sounds crazy

huh.

Well I do use Splenda because I am a diabetic also.

But I eat 6 small meals a day. Breakfast,mid morning

snack,Lunch afternoon snack, Supper and a before bedtime snack.

Yeah that is a lot of ea ting. But because they are small

meals you keep your glycemic levels, well level.

I added alot of fruit and veggies to my diet. And I drink a

lot of water!!!!!!! It is my drink of choice.

The weight just began to melt off of me. I was excited every

time I stepped on the scale.

I make sure I get all the vitamins and minerals through my

diet. And I feel so much better.

I don't need the 3 hour naps that I did before. I had severe

fatigue.

A glass of water will pep me right up. If you see me ever I

am the gal with a glass or bottle of water in my hand. LOL

I am about 30 or 40 lbs away from my weight goal and I

intend to make it.

Hope this helps.

Just to let you know that I am not blowing out steam.

I to ok 3 years of nutrition in college because I enjoyed it

so much. LOL

No, really I had a professor who was the professor of

nutrition at the OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine and he was great and

really interesting to take his courses.

Any who If I can be of help let me know. I can give you

suggestions for meal plans and I am not Craig, I will not charge you a

dime. LOL

Love

Janet

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM

Guest guest

Wow!

" Running

It is

~Stanley

Coren~

better. "

~Maya Angelou~

Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of smalk50@...

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:38 PM

Subject: Re: New member

I also have " fatty liver " described on my

ultrasound - and I'm 113.......?

Chris

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM

Guest guest

Dianna, We are here for you anytime you want to vent. Yeah, we heppers can be SOB's while on treatment. Me, I knew better than bite the hand that fed me on treatment. My husband was the best. He took great care of me, and encouraged me every step of the way. Even now he still knocks himself out. Like when he read the post from Liz about the grapefruit. Guess what that sweety did. He went out and bought me a bag of ruby red grapefruit. And a gallon of grapefruit juice. It helps when you have a supportive spouse. Those of us that do have one that understands then we are lucky. Dean is a member of this group. Although he hardly ever post. He does read the group. I am proud of you for being there for your husband. Love Janet Dianna Carlyle wrote: Thanks Sharon. At this time, he says that when this is over, he's not going to see me as someone who was there for him. He's been quite cruel about it. His brother also has Hep C (homemade tatoos years ago), and he adores his wife for hanging in there for him. My

husband says he won't be like that. I hope it's just the disease and treatment talking. I hope he sees that I have sacrificed something over these years just for him. One good thing is that I'm immune to Hep C. It's unusual, but I thank God. I don't know what I would've done if we both had been down with it at the same time. I hope to chat with you again soon. Thanks for listening. Dianna Re: New member , I am relating to your broken heart. My spouses and my son do not at this time have HepC, but I was the target for all their failings while drinking. I can sooo feel your pain. I do hope this treatment makes your husband see all the pain that has come from his illness and makes a go of sobriety. Alcoholism is a terrible waste of human dignity and happiness. I'm here also, if you need to vent or to cry on someone's shoulder. Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. , My husband is just finishing his 2nd treatment for Hep C. His genotype is 1A. During the first treatment, he didn't drink even one beer. But, once he got thru that 1st treatment and was non-detectible for 3 months, he started to drink beer again...not just one or two a night. It got to where he was drinking a 6-pk/night. When he went back for his checkup, the virus was back with a count of 60,000,000. (yes-60 million). We got

him started on the 2nd treatment, and within 3 months, I was laid off from work as a Sr. Software Analyst where our insurance was. There was no way we could afford the treatment then. So, I looked up Roche Pharmaceuticals on the web. They have grants available to those who qualify. It couldn't hurt to check them out because they gave him a 12mo grant, which covered his 15mo treatment. (The first 3mo was covered by my insurance.) It's been a rough road for us this last 3 years. He throws fits of rage that last a short time. He threatens to leave me constantly after he gets thru this treatment during these rages. So, needless to say, I need support as well as anyone. But, we're near the end now...6 weeks to go. He has told us that he isn't going to drink beer any longer. It just isn't worth the chance. I hope the rage episodes go away also. My heart has

been broken for the fact he's sick and then torn apart for the fact that I'm the target of his rage. Congratulations on your 19 years of soberity. That's a true accomplishment and shows you have a strong will. Maybe you can check out Roche for Pegasys treatment. It was a life-saver for him. Best Regards, Dianna Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

The weird thing is that it’s not that unusual. I

understand that as many as 50% of those who contract the virus are able to

fight it off with their own anti-bodies. Also, it’s not sexually

transmitted. My wife and I were surprised when the doctor did not

recommend condoms.

" Running

It is

~Stanley

Coren~

better. "

~Maya Angelou~

Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Dianna Carlyle

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:45 PM

One

good thing is that I'm immune to Hep C. It's unusual, but I thank

God. I don't know what I would've done if we both had been down with it

at the same time.

I

hope to chat with you again soon.

Thanks

for listening.

Dianna

Guest guest

I divorced my husband to meet poverty guidelines for the first round of tx. We married again a year later and that was fun, but I got the help I needed at the time...Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. I did look into some funding options, but unfortunately, we make too much money. Even though I am only working 3 hours a week, but wife is a long-term nurse. That helps but also complicates matters. She knows what can go wrong, though she works in pediatrics. I¢m finally looking at cheese burgers like they were whiskey. Both would be slow suicide for someone with liver disease. "Running is to dogs what dancing is to people. It is their way to get into the rhythm of the universe."~Stanley Coren~ "I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did better." ~Maya Angelou~

Guest guest

Yes, medical life seems to be all about waiting....Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. RE: New memberWaiting is the hard part, isn’t it? "Running is to dogs what dancing is to people. It is their way to get into the rhythm of the universe."~Stanley Coren~ "I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did better." ~Maya Angelou~ From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of SHARON CROSBYSent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:26 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: New member Hello , I am Sharon. 65 and recently finished my second round of tx. Haven't yet learned if I'm clear to stay, but will later this month. I'm happy to welcome you to a good group and wish you the very best in your battle. The 12 steps are great for us co-dependents too, I've learned soo much from the wisdom of the people who frequent the meetings.Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM

Guest guest

He's a victim of his own disease. The secret for the partners is to find something satisfying OUTSIDE of your home life. It will, in the end, save your sanity, friend.Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain.Subject: Re: New memberThanks Sharon. At this time, he says that when this is over, he's not going to see me as someone who was there for him. He's been quite cruel about it. His brother also has Hep C (homemade tatoos years ago), and he adores his wife for hanging in there for him. My husband says he won't be like that.I hope it's just the disease and treatment talking. I hope he sees that I have sacrificed something over these years just for him. One good thing is that I'm immune to Hep C. It's unusual, but I thank God. I don't know what I would've done if we both had been down with it at the same time.I hope to chat with you again soon.Thanks for listening.Dianna

Guest guest

Well 1500 calories is not what I would recommend. That is just a little too, little calories. I am a nurse not a doctor so take my advice with the knowledge that I don't have a medical degree like a doctor. 2000-2500 should be enough to keep you losing weight but not going into starvation mode. Yeah you will lose weight consuming 1500 calories but the bad thing is once your body hits a certain weight it goes into starvation mode and then it starts saving all the calories it can to maintain the body. That is why I eat what I want. I just limit it to the size of a salad plate. Or one of the Dixie paper plates. It is about the same size of a salad plate. You fool the mind by using a salad plate. You think you are eating a big old plate of food, instead you are eating about half of what you would eat

on a regular sized plate. It is like positive reinforcement. *giggle* Love Janet Matchinsky wrote: Water is wonderful! My wife is using Weight Watchers, and I’m sorta following that plan, though instead of points I’m counting calories. I aim for 1500

like the doctor said, but my wife and her nutritionist friend are afraid I might go into starvation mode, so I’m not real strict. I might go a couple hundred calories over, but I too am eating more fruits and vegetables. There are lots of 100 calorie snacks on the market right now, so I can even get a taste of Hostess Ding Dongs! "Running is to dogs what dancing is

to people. It is their way to get into the rhythm of the universe." ~Stanley Coren~ "I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did better." ~Maya Angelou~ From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of JanetSent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:44 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: New member , I lost over 100 lbs since last Oct I believe. My hepper mind doesn't quite remember when I started my new lifestyle. But I was tired of carrying around all that extra weight. And needless to say it was hard to get cute clothes for a fat woman. I am a Diva when it comes to clothes. LOL I am nearly to my

target weight and it feels delightful. And I know I am doing my liver a big favor by taking off the extra weight. Here is how I do it. I eat anything I want. Sounds crazy huh. Well I do use Splenda because I am a diabetic also. But I eat 6 small meals a day. Breakfast,mid morning snack,Lunch afternoon snack, Supper and a before bedtime snack. Yeah that is a lot of ea ting. But because they are small meals you keep your glycemic levels, well level. I added alot of fruit and veggies to my diet. And I drink a lot of water!!!!!!! It is my drink of choice. The weight just began to melt off of me. I was excited every time I stepped on the

scale. I make sure I get all the vitamins and minerals through my diet. And I feel so much better. I don't need the 3 hour naps that I did before. I had severe fatigue. A glass of water will pep me right up. If you see me ever I am the gal with a glass or bottle of water in my hand. LOL I am about 30 or 40 lbs away from my weight goal and I intend to make it. Hope this helps. Just to let you know that I am not blowing out steam. I to ok 3 years of nutrition in college because I enjoyed it so much. LOL No, really I had a professor who was the professor of nutrition at the OSU College of

Osteopathic Medicine and he was great and really interesting to take his courses. Any who If I can be of help let me know. I can give you suggestions for meal plans and I am not Craig, I will not charge you a dime. LOL Love Janet No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

, Studies show that much fewer infected clear the virus on their own,, its closer to 25%.. I wish it were higher but its not.. Nope, its not sexually transmitted altho some say it 'might' be.. I dont know ANYONE who got it sexually, and because of the forums, I know thousands of infected persons... I know its 'possible' if there is blood involved and there is blood to blood contact.. but in most monogamous relationships between men and women, its not easily passed... as my doc said,, any 'normal' straight male to female sex... altho I dont want to get into a political discussion regarding gays and Lesbians, I would think that transmission male to male is much higher in homosexuals as many gays who are HIV infected are also infected with HCV. Lesbian tranmission Im totally unsure of but I highly doubt that it would be easily spread from female to female,, again,, unless there is bleeding by both persons.. I wouldnt worry about

your wife being infected from you unless you have seriously 'rough' sex that includes bleeding from both partners... Matchinsky wrote: The weird thing is that it’s not that unusual. I understand that as many as 50% of those who contract the virus are able to fight it off with their own anti-bodies. Also, it’s not sexually transmitted. My wife and I were surprised when the

doctor did not recommend condoms. "Running is to dogs what dancing is to people. It is their way to get into the rhythm of the universe." ~Stanley

Coren~ "I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did better." ~Maya Angelou~ From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Dianna CarlyleSent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:45 PMTo:

Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: New member . One good thing is that I'm immune to Hep C. It's unusual, but I thank God. I don't know what I would've done if we both had been down with it at the same time. I hope to chat with you again soon. Thanks for listening. Dianna No

virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM Jackie

Guest guest

Insurance is covering the treatment, but 72 weeks is a long

time.

" Running

It is

~Stanley

Coren~

better. "

~Maya Angelou~

Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Dianna Carlyle

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:48 PM

I

understand. We made too much til I got laid off. And then I had to

write a change of circumstance document. I sure wish there was a way

to get funding for you.

Just

keep up the good work and keep your immune system as strong as you can.

And

drink lots of water. It couldn't hurt.

:o)

Guest guest

Excellent advice Sharon. Couldn't have said it better. Love JanetSHARON CROSBY wrote: He's a victim of his own disease. The secret for the partners is to find something satisfying OUTSIDE of your home life. It will, in the end, save your sanity, friend. Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. Subject: Re: New member Thanks Sharon. At this time, he says that when this is over, he's not going to see me as someone who was there for him. He's been quite cruel about it. His brother also has Hep C (homemade tatoos years ago), and he adores his wife for hanging in there for him. My husband says he won't be like that. I hope it's just the disease and treatment talking. I hope he sees that I have sacrificed something over these years just for him. One good thing is that I'm immune to Hep C. It's unusual, but I thank God. I don't know what I would've done if we both had been down with it at the same time. I hope to chat with you again soon. Thanks for listening. Dianna "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

2000 calories a day and I'd be 300 pounds! but Im not as active as some,, but even when I was,, I always had to go lower than 800 calories to lose anything and many times even lower than 500 calories to lose anything... I could go for years on 1000 cals per day and never lose anything... grrrrrrrr..Janet wrote: Well 1500 calories is not what I would recommend. That is just a little too, little calories. I am a nurse not a doctor so take my

advice with the knowledge that I don't have a medical degree like a doctor. 2000-2500 should be enough to keep you losing weight but not going into starvation mode. Yeah you will lose weight consuming 1500 calories but the bad thing is once your body hits a certain weight it goes into starvation mode and then it starts saving all the calories it can to maintain the body. That is why I eat what I want. I just limit it to the size of a salad plate. Or one of the Dixie paper plates. It is about the same size of a salad plate. You fool the mind by using a salad plate. You think you are eating a big old plate of food, instead you are eating about half of what you would eat on a regular sized plate. It is like positive reinforcement. *giggle* Love Janet Matchinsky <michaelboxernest (DOT) net> wrote: Water is wonderful! My wife is using Weight Watchers, and I’m sorta following that plan, though instead of points I’m counting calories. I aim for 1500 like the doctor said, but my wife and her nutritionist friend are afraid I might go into starvation mode, so I’m not real strict. I might go a couple hundred calories over, but I too am eating more fruits and vegetables. There are lots of 100 calorie snacks on the market right now, so I can even get a taste of Hostess Ding Dongs! "Running is to dogs what dancing is to people. It is their way to get into the rhythm of the universe." ~Stanley Coren~ "I did then what I

knew then and when I knew better, I did better." ~Maya Angelou~ From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of JanetSent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:44 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: New member , I lost over 100 lbs since last Oct I believe. My hepper mind doesn't quite remember when I started my new lifestyle. But I was tired of carrying around all that extra weight. And needless to say it was hard to get cute clothes for a fat woman. I am a Diva when it comes to clothes. LOL I am nearly to my target weight and it feels delightful. And I know I am doing my liver a big favor by taking off the extra weight. Here is how I do it. I eat anything I want. Sounds crazy huh. Well I do use Splenda because I am a diabetic also. But I eat 6 small meals a day. Breakfast,mid morning snack,Lunch afternoon snack,

Supper and a before bedtime snack. Yeah that is a lot of ea ting. But because they are small meals you keep your glycemic levels, well level. I added alot of fruit and veggies to my diet. And I drink a lot of water!!!!!!! It is my drink of choice. The weight just began to melt off of me. I was excited every time I stepped on the scale. I make sure I get all the vitamins and minerals through my diet. And I feel so much better. I don't need the 3 hour naps that I did before. I had severe fatigue. A glass of water will pep me right up. If you see me ever I am the gal with a glass or bottle of water in my hand. LOL I am about 30 or 40 lbs away

from my weight goal and I intend to make it. Hope this helps. Just to let you know that I am not blowing out steam. I to ok 3 years of nutrition in college because I enjoyed it so much. LOL No, really I had a professor who was the professor of nutrition at the OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine and he was great and really interesting to take his courses. Any who If I can be of help let me know. I can give you suggestions for meal plans and I am not Craig, I will not charge you a dime. LOL Love Janet No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free

Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber Jackie

Guest guest

It was a hard thing for me to do, took years, but I'm sooo much better off now than then.Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. Re: New memberThanks Sharon. At this time, he says that when this is over, he's not going to see me as someone who was there for him. He's been quite cruel about it. His brother also has Hep C (homemade tatoos years ago), and he adores his wife for hanging in there for him. My husband says he won't be like that.I hope it's just the disease and treatment talking. I hope he sees that I have sacrificed something over these years just for him. One good thing is that I'm immune to Hep C. It's unusual, but I thank God. I don't know what I would've done if we both had been down with it at the same time.I hope to chat with you again soon.Thanks for listening.Dianna "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"Frederick Faber

Guest guest

Sharon, IM SO GLAD you got the medical help you needed but it NEVER ceases to piss me off when I read that you had to divorce your husband to get medical care! THAT should NEVER happen in America... and IM NOT a pro-Socialized medicine person.... oh that upsets me to read it... SHARON CROSBY wrote: I divorced my husband to meet poverty guidelines for the first round of tx. We married again a year later and that was fun,

but I got the help I needed at the time... Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. I did look into some funding options, but unfortunately, we make too much money. Even though I am only working 3 hours a week, but wife is a long-term nurse. That helps but also complicates matters. She knows what can go wrong, though she works in pediatrics. I¢m finally looking at cheese burgers like they were whiskey. Both would be slow suicide for someone with liver disease. "Running is to dogs what dancing is to people. It is their way to get into the rhythm of the universe." ~Stanley Coren~ "I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did better." ~Maya Angelou~ Jackie

Guest guest

well I hope it works for both of you,, I GAINED 18 pounds in 6 weeks on WW,, drove me nuts,, too much food for me..lol Matchinsky wrote: Water is wonderful! My wife is using Weight Watchers, and I’m sorta following that plan, though instead of points I’m counting calories. I aim for 1500 like the doctor said, but my wife and her nutritionist friend are afraid I might go into starvation

mode, so I’m not real strict. I might go a couple hundred calories over, but I too am eating more fruits and vegetables. There are lots of 100 calorie snacks on the market right now, so I can even get a taste of Hostess Ding Dongs! "Running is to dogs what dancing is to people. It is their way to get into the rhythm of the universe." ~Stanley Coren~ "I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did better." ~Maya Angelou~ From:

Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of JanetSent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:44 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: New member , I lost over 100 lbs since last Oct I believe. My hepper mind doesn't quite remember when I started my new lifestyle. But I was tired of carrying around all that extra weight. And needless to say it was hard to get cute clothes for a fat woman. I am a Diva when it comes to clothes. LOL I am nearly to my target weight and it feels delightful. And I know I am doing my liver a big favor by taking off the extra weight. Here is how I do it. I eat anything I want. Sounds crazy huh. Well I do use Splenda because I am a diabetic also. But I eat 6 small meals a day. Breakfast,mid morning snack,Lunch afternoon snack, Supper and a before bedtime snack. Yeah that is a lot of ea ting. But because they are small meals you keep your glycemic levels, well level. I added alot of fruit and veggies to my diet. And I drink a lot of water!!!!!!! It is my drink of choice. The weight just began to melt off of me. I was excited every time I stepped on the scale. I make sure I get all the

vitamins and minerals through my diet. And I feel so much better. I don't need the 3 hour naps that I did before. I had severe fatigue. A glass of water will pep me right up. If you see me ever I am the gal with a glass or bottle of water in my hand. LOL I am about 30 or 40 lbs away from my weight goal and I intend to make it. Hope this helps. Just to let you know that I am not blowing out steam. I to ok 3 years of nutrition in college because I enjoyed it so much. LOL No, really I had a professor who was the professor of nutrition at the OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine and he was great and really interesting to take his

courses. Any who If I can be of help let me know. I can give you suggestions for meal plans and I am not Craig, I will not charge you a dime. LOL Love Janet No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM Jackie

Guest guest

Well, I'm a person who will do what it takes to get what I think I need. lol I NEEDED the treatment, even tho it created many home problems and I relapsed, I NEEDED it at the time, so I went after it. lol That's also part of the reason it took me so long to work through Roche's paperwork. It took a year to qualify for their drugs!! Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. Re: New memberSharon, IM SO GLAD you got the medical help you needed but it NEVER ceases to piss me off when I read that you had to divorce your husband to get medical care! THAT should NEVER happen in America... and IM NOT a pro-Socialized medicine person.... oh that upsets me to read it... SHARON CROSBY wrote: I divorced my husband to meet poverty guidelines for the first round of tx. We married again a year later and that was fun, but I got the help I needed at the time...Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain.

Guest guest

FILTERED WATER.... city water has arsnic and fluride in it, both are poisons for our systems and when we are drinking THAT MUCH water, we need filtered... Dianna Carlyle wrote: I understand. We made too much til I got laid off. And then I had to write a change of circumstance document. I sure wish there was a way to get funding for you.Just keep up the good work and keep your immune system as strong as you can.And drink lots of water. It couldn't hurt.:o) Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member,My husband is just finishing his 2nd treatment for Hep C. His genotype is 1A. During the first treatment, he didn't drink even one beer. But, once he got thru that 1st treatment and was

non-detectible for 3 months, he started to drink beer again...not just one or two a night. It got to where he was drinking a 6-pk/night. When he went back for his checkup, the virus was back with a count of 60,000,000. (yes-60 million).We got him started on the 2nd treatment, and within 3 months, I was laid off from work as a Sr. Software Analyst where our insurance was. There was no way we could afford the treatment then. So, I looked up Roche Pharmaceuticals on the web. They have grants available to those who qualify.It couldn't hurt to check them out because they gave him a 12mo grant, which covered his 15mo treatment. (The first 3mo was covered by my insurance.)It's been a rough road for us this last 3 years. He throws fits of rage that last a short time. He threatens to leave me constantly after he gets thru this treatment during these rages. So, needless to say, I need support as well as anyone. But, we're near the end now...6 weeks to go. He

has told us that he isn't going to drink beer any longer. It just isn't worth the chance.I hope the rage episodes go away also. My heart has been broken for the fact he's sick and then torn apart for the fact that I'm the target of his rage.Congratulations on your 19 years of soberity. That's a true accomplishment and shows you have a strong will. Maybe you can check out Roche for Pegasys treatment. It was a life-saver for him.Best Regards,DiannaNo virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ Jackie

Guest guest

Got it!

" Running

It is

~Stanley

Coren~

better. "

~Maya Angelou~

Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie

on

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 2:14 PM

FILTERED WATER.... city water has arsnic and fluride in it, both are poisons

for our systems and when we are drinking THAT MUCH water, we need filtered...

Guest guest

Dianna somehow I missed part ofyour post and just now read it,, oh honey,, you've been through the mill with his drinking and treatment.. You really do need to understand that its his riba rage, that the meds have caused this, especially if he wasnt like that before.. but I hope you will NOT accept this kind of treatment.. You should be worshiped for taking care of him while he was on this treatment.. I believe that treatment just makes you MORE of what you already are and it sounds like he has some 'issues' he should be dealing with... I hope he realizes his horrific behavior and stops it.. but if not,, then I hope you will consider getting some help for yourself and or removing yourself from his presence when he behaves like that... NO ONE deserves to be treated badly, even when on tx... I could not have done tx without my hubby, he was my rock and took such good care of both of us while I was on tx and he still does... I can't

imagine assaulting him verbally or any other way... Im sorry, I think your hubbys behavior is unexcusable... We;re here for you if you need us,, anytime honey,, dont you forget it.. anne has a group also that is for caregivers so you might want to investigate her forum as well... And perhaps you might try to get your hubby to come to our forum so he can vent to us and leave you alone! hugs jaxDianna Carlyle wrote: Thanks Sharon. At this time, he says that when this is over, he's not going to see me as someone who was there for him. He's been quite cruel about it. His brother also has Hep C (homemade tatoos years ago), and he adores his wife for hanging in there for him. My husband says he won't be like that. I hope it's just the disease and treatment talking. I hope he sees that I have sacrificed something over these years just for him. One good thing is that I'm immune to Hep C. It's unusual, but I thank God. I don't know what I would've done if we both had been down with it at the same time. I hope to chat with you

again soon. Thanks for listening. Dianna Re: New member , I am relating to your broken heart. My spouses and my son do not at this time have HepC, but I was the target for all their failings while drinking. I can sooo feel your pain. I do hope this treatment makes your husband see all the pain that has come from his

illness and makes a go of sobriety. Alcoholism is a terrible waste of human dignity and happiness. I'm here also, if you need to vent or to cry on someone's shoulder. Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. , My husband is just finishing his 2nd treatment for Hep C. His genotype is 1A. During the first

treatment, he didn't drink even one beer. But, once he got thru that 1st treatment and was non-detectible for 3 months, he started to drink beer again...not just one or two a night. It got to where he was drinking a 6-pk/night. When he went back for his checkup, the virus was back with a count of 60,000,000. (yes-60 million). We got him started on the 2nd treatment, and within 3 months, I was laid off from work as a Sr. Software Analyst where our insurance was. There was no way we could afford the treatment then. So, I looked up Roche Pharmaceuticals on the web. They have grants available to those who qualify. It couldn't hurt to check them out because they gave him a 12mo grant, which covered his 15mo treatment. (The first 3mo was covered by my insurance.) It's been a rough road for us this last 3 years. He throws fits of rage that last a short time. He

threatens to leave me constantly after he gets thru this treatment during these rages. So, needless to say, I need support as well as anyone. But, we're near the end now...6 weeks to go. He has told us that he isn't going to drink beer any longer. It just isn't worth the chance. I hope the rage episodes go away also. My heart has been broken for the fact he's sick and then torn apart for the fact that I'm the target of his rage. Congratulations on your 19 years of soberity. That's a true accomplishment and shows you have a strong will. Maybe you can check out Roche for Pegasys treatment. It was a life-saver for him. Best Regards, Dianna Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Jackie

Guest guest

Im so proud of you,, you DID what you had to do,, its the principal of the issue that gets to me tho,,, Im glad you went after it even tho you relapsed, it gave you more time and it looks like this time you just might make it!!! lol,, we're all keeping our fingers crossed for you honey!SHARON CROSBY wrote: Well, I'm a person who will do what it takes to get what I think I need. lol I NEEDED the treatment, even tho it

created many home problems and I relapsed, I NEEDED it at the time, so I went after it. lol That's also part of the reason it took me so long to work through Roche's paperwork. It took a year to qualify for their drugs!! Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. Re: New member Sharon, IM SO GLAD you got the medical help you needed but it NEVER ceases to piss me off when I read that you had to divorce your husband to get medical care! THAT should NEVER happen in America... and IM NOT a pro-Socialized medicine person.... oh that upsets me to read it... SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote: I divorced my husband to meet poverty guidelines for the first round of tx. We married again a year later and that was fun, but I got the help I needed at the time... Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't

about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. Jackie

Guest guest

some times it takes that long to keep it into remission,, its a tough little bugger,, Matchinsky wrote: Insurance is covering the treatment, but 72 weeks is a long time. "Running is to dogs what dancing is to people. It is their way to get into the rhythm of the universe." ~Stanley Coren~ "I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did

better." ~Maya Angelou~ From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Dianna CarlyleSent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:48 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: New member I understand. We

made too much til I got laid off. And then I had to write a change of circumstance document. I sure wish there was a way to get funding for you. Just keep up the good work and keep your immune system as strong as you can. And drink lots of water. It couldn't hurt. :o) No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM Jackie

Guest guest

You too sweetie,, and remember what I said,,, you take care of you!!!! there is no excuse for his behavior.. see if you can get him to come and read some of our posts,, you can delete mine if you think they might upset him too,, Dianna Carlyle wrote: Thanks Jackie. I'm going to tell him about this lady. He's been told by friends that if it's gone for one year

it won't come back. We all know that's not true. So, this is a great story for me to relay to him. Have a great weekend! Dianna [Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½.

My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental. " My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen .com/3-About_ Infergen/ . I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985,

andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/HCVAm Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Jackie Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Jackie

Guest guest

, We will be with you every step of the way. Try to think of it as 72 weeks to wellness!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Janet Matchinsky wrote: Insurance is covering the treatment, but 72 weeks is a long time. "Running is to dogs what dancing is to people. It is their way to get into the rhythm of the universe." ~Stanley Coren~ "I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did better." ~Maya Angelou~ From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Dianna CarlyleSent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:48 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re:

New member I understand. We made too much til I got laid off. And then I had to write a change of circumstance document. I sure wish there was a way to get funding for you. Just keep up the good work and keep your immune system as strong as you can. And drink lots of water. It couldn't hurt. :o) No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version:

7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Guest guest

RIGHT ON Janet!!!Janet wrote: , We will be with you every step of the way. Try to think of it as 72 weeks to wellness!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Janet Matchinsky <michaelboxernest (DOT) net> wrote: Insurance is covering the treatment, but 72 weeks is a long time. "Running is to dogs what dancing is to people. It is their way to get into the rhythm of the universe." ~Stanley Coren~ "I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did better." ~Maya Angelou~ From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On

Behalf Of Dianna CarlyleSent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:48 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: New member I understand. We made too much til I got laid off. And then I had to write a change of circumstance document. I sure wish there was a way to get funding for you. Just keep up the good work and keep your immune system as strong as you can. And drink lots of water. It couldn't hurt. :o) No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber Jackie

Guest guest

, this great bunch of women mean what they say about being there for you. P

Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member

I understand. We made too much til I got laid off. And then I had to write a change of circumstance document. I sure wish there was a way to get funding for you.

Just keep up the good work and keep your immune system as strong as you can.

And drink lots of water. It couldn't hurt.

:o)

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Jackie

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.