some great advice. You said she is high functioning? Is she scared of the

toilet or is it more of a sensory thing? As far as girls with disabilities

not having periods, I can assure most have periods. I dont know if I

personally would take hormones to stop it at this point? That can cause a

whole new set of problems. But like I stated earlier there are wonderful

women who are on the spectrum who can give you a inside look at what goes on

in your daughters mind. It is wonderful to have them here, I am so grateful

for their insight. I know some of the moms in the group are going through

this problem with their daughters and perhaps they can be of assistance to.

My daughter is Abby, she is high functioning, she has alot of sensory issues

but we get through them. Abby just turned 6 last month and is a big Disney

Princess fan and also is heavy into American Idol and Trading Spaces. LOL

Once again, welcome to the group, sorry I have a tendency to babble.:)

Pennie

Abby's Mom

Guest guest

reflections, I to not be to know where you to be to heared that girls with

disabilities do not have monthlies or maybe I to misunderstand. I to be

adult with HFA and have been to have monthlies for much years and have 4

children's. My jobs through the years were always working with people do

carious challenges and many , many of them had monthlies even the profoundly

mentally challenges who were non verbal had them it is a part of human

development for girls, but if one does not have them there are many reasons,

some parents use the forms of birth control to prevent monthly things, some

in past have had the children's medically altered or fixed inside so they

cannot have monthlies or children's. And some by freak of nature just simply

never have them or have them very infrequent. So as to you daughter this is

a common things for her and since you to share she is not of toilet trained

I to be to assume she is more challenged in autism and so yes a concern to

her , so you to be to seek out answers of options for her this is

understood. There are many here who to have different thinkings and ideas on

various approaches and ways to support the child who has begun the monthly

cycles here and I to be sure they will add to things. But natural

supplements are of good choice to minimize the discomfort of the cramps and

flow some what. I to be to use omega 3s and primrose, I to also make sure to

take calcium and magnesium , these minimize my cramping and bloating. And it

stabilizes my over all moods in many ways no more internal rages to me. Yet

have only been exploring this and so need more time to see if it is long

lasting or just a thing that happens occasionally. This is my second monthly

in which I to be started without warning , no cramping no bloating, no moods

just started. I to be happy it is less stressful for me now. Before I to be

to bloat two sizes and with much cramps, gas, and moods like a dr. Jekyll

and mr Hyde things going on and the husband to have much jokes on this to

me. I to tell him I to see no humor in hims jokes to me on the issue LOL.

Sondra

Guest guest

LOL Sondra, Dr.Jekle and Mr.Hyde, that is me to a T!!!!!! LOL

Pennie

Abby's Mom

Guest guest

I'm having the same problem with my Alli Kat. We go to panties and

she pees everywhere. I think God must be trying to give me more

patience, lol!

Debi

> Hi Debi

>

> I think her toilet problem is that she associates the Pull Up with

peeing. I've had her to the doctors and there is nothing wrong. She

has no problem going to sit on the toilet if I ask her too but she

just won't go until she puts her pull up back on.

>

> Someone suggested I try panties and put a pull up over them. She

did like the idea of the panties but it just didn't work. I hate to

just have her run around with just the panties because I have

carpeting and that would create a mess.

>

> Thank you for the warm welcome.

>

> Vicki

>

Guest guest

Colorado is beautiful. I mean the mountains and pinetrees. The

DMV here is much higher then NJ but easier to deal with then New Mexico.

I love the landscape of colorado but I hate everything else. Republicans

about 95% here. I am sick of the government not regulating things here.

I sometimes enjoy being next to family. why we havent moved yet this is

our first home owning and its on 35.62 acreas. We were in military

housing or apartments and the police were constantly breathing down my

throat from neighbor complaints of my children.

As for compensating for lack of services here....I had to fake

residency in neighboring Raton New Mexico with our RV 5th wheel to get my

son in school. We have high medical bills from speech therapy. I drive

90 miles one way weekly to Pueblo colorado so I can have scotish rites.

Our insurance only pays a certain percentage of 20 visits is all and scotish

rites then takes over. I tried to get a model 2000 medicaid waiver but

was denied because is so healthy and department of social services

were so abnoxious about the whole thing. Disabilities are ignored and low

income is the only way to get help here. If you give me your personal

addy I can give you more detail on how I cope with this crap!!!!

Charlene

-- Re: New Member

Hi Charlene

Yes the school district has been great. At first Jordane was placed in a

state school which didn't go well but finally the township I live in opened

two classrooms just for Autistic Kids. She's done a 360 since she's been

there the past two years. Once in awhile I have to straighten out the Child

Study Team (lol) but all in all it's been great. I had her IEP today. It

went very well. She met all her goals for the year. I live about an hour

from Ft. Dix. My ex was stationed there during basic.

How do you like Colorado? How do you compensate for not having services

there?

Fortunately her period hasn't been to heavy so that does help since it's

combined with her peeing. I think I'm the one not adjusting to this (lol)

more than her.

Vicki

Guest guest

I also have "fatty liver" described on my ultrasound - and I'm 113.......?

Chris

The only thing the doctor can do about the fatty liver disease is get me to lose weight. I think I’m motivated this time!

"Running is to dogs what dancing is to people.

It is their way to get into the rhythm of the universe."

~Stanley Coren~

"I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did better."

~Maya Angelou~

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Friday, March 07, 2008 12:40 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: New member

Hi

Welcome to the group.. I am jackie or jax, one of the co-owners of this group. I too am geno 1a, I treated 6 years ago ending 5 years ago Feb 23rd.. Im due for my 5 year post tx pcr, I just havent had time to go and have it drawn, but will soon..

I hope this time will be your last time to treat and that you reach SVR this time. What is your doc doing about the fatty liver? I sure hope you wont have to have transplant, but if you do need one, I hope you get it quickly!

Keep us updated. Dont forget to get copies of all your labs etc and keep em in a file at home..

jax <michaelboxernest (DOT) net> wrote:

Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental." My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen.com/3-About_Infergen/. I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using t he web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HCVAm

Jackie

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money Finance.

Guest guest

it is a pleasure to welcome you and im sorry of yr troubles, i will be checking out yr 12 step hcv grp as i am clean and sober also, i honestly which you the best, joyce wrote: Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental." My doctor's argument is

that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen.com/3-About_Infergen/. I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C.

(I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HCVAm

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Welcome to the Group, ! You will find a great bunch of caring folks here, glad you found your way here! Sheena wrote: Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the

second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental." My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen.com/3-About_Infergen/. I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I

try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HCVAm

Guest guest

Thanks!

" Running

is to dogs what dancing is to people.

It is

their way to get into the rhythm of the universe. "

~Stanley

Coren~

" I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did

better. "

~Maya Angelou~

Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Sheena

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 12:27 PM

To: Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject: Re: New member

Welcome to the Group, !

You will find a great bunch of

caring folks here,

glad you found your way here!

Sheena

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM

Guest guest

Hi Welcome to the group.. I am jackie or jax, one of the co-owners of this group. I too am geno 1a, I treated 6 years ago ending 5 years ago Feb 23rd.. Im due for my 5 year post tx pcr, I just havent had time to go and have it drawn, but will soon.. I hope this time will be your last time to treat and that you reach SVR this time. What is your doc doing about the fatty liver? I sure hope you wont have to have transplant, but if you do need one, I hope you get it quickly! Keep us updated. Dont forget to get copies of all your labs etc and keep em in a file at home.. jax wrote: Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental." My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen.com/3-About_Infergen/. I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for

support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HCVAmJackie

Guest guest

My husband is just finishing his 2nd treatment for Hep C. His genotype is 1A. During the first treatment, he didn't drink even one beer. But, once he got thru that 1st treatment and was non-detectible for 3 months, he started to drink beer again...not just one or two a night. It got to where he was drinking a 6-pk/night.

When he went back for his checkup, the virus was back with a count of 60,000,000. (yes-60 million).

We got him started on the 2nd treatment, and within 3 months, I was laid off from work as a Sr. Software Analyst where our insurance was. There was no way we could afford the treatment then.

So, I looked up Roche Pharmaceuticals on the web. They have grants available to those who qualify.

It couldn't hurt to check them out because they gave him a 12mo grant, which covered his 15mo treatment. (The first 3mo was covered by my insurance.)

It's been a rough road for us this last 3 years. He throws fits of rage that last a short time. He threatens to leave me constantly after he gets thru this treatment during these rages. So, needless to say, I need support as well as anyone.

But, we're near the end now...6 weeks to go. He has told us that he isn't going to drink beer any longer. It just isn't worth the chance.

I hope the rage episodes go away also. My heart has been broken for the fact he's sick and then torn apart for the fact that I'm the target of his rage.

Congratulations on your 19 years of soberity. That's a true accomplishment and shows you have a strong will.

Maybe you can check out Roche for Pegasys treatment. It was a life-saver for him.

Best Regards,

Dianna

Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental. " My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen .com/3-About_ Infergen/ . I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still,

I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups.

yahoo.com/ group/HCVAm

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Welcome to the group ! Infergen works real good on relapsers and nonresponders alike . While I was on it I got my viral load <50 which is the lowest it has ever been . I myself had to stop because of heart problems not related to the hep c . Good luck and congrats on the 19 yrs of sobriety , I know it's not an easy thing to accomplish in this day and age .

Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental." My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen.com/3-About_Infergen/. I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HCVAm

Guest guest

The only thing the doctor can do about the fatty liver disease is

get me to lose weight.  I think I’m motivated this time!

" Running

It is

~Stanley

Coren~

better. "

~Maya Angelou~

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie

on

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 12:40 PM

Hi

Welcome to the group.. I am jackie or jax, one of the

co-owners of this group. I too am geno 1a, I treated 6 years ago ending 5 years

ago Feb 23rd.. Im due for my 5 year post tx pcr, I just havent had time to go

and have it drawn, but will soon..

I hope this time will be your last time to treat and that

you reach SVR this time. What is your doc doing about the fatty

liver? I sure hope you wont have to have transplant, but if you do need

one, I hope you get it quickly!

Keep us updated. Dont forget to get copies of all your labs

etc and keep em in a file at home..

jax

wrote:

Hi. My name is

Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A and

have gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1

and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before it

was complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is

" investigational and experimental. " My doctor's argument is that I've

already relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72

weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.

My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actually

self-insured with an insurance company managing the program. They

have seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will be

starting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next week

http://www.infergen.com/3-About_Infergen/.

I'm not sure how good that

is; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready to

give up.

I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the local

community college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, and

like using t he web for information, though I try not to believe

everything I read.

The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with or

without successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liver

disease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It is

getting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle.

It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IV

cocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I still

work the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. I

continue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV support

group, but it is very inactive. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HCVA

m

Jackie

No virus found in this incoming message.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15

AM

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM

Guest guest

Hi Dianna Well this is a very good proof of what alcohol can do.. I know a gal who was in remission for 10 years, yes 10 years who started drinking again and she relapsed.. she's been SVR again now coming up on 3 years and she says she will never drink alcohol again... she was very lucky to reach SVR again.. I hope your husband remains SVR and alcohol free from here on out!Dianna Carlyle wrote: , My

husband is just finishing his 2nd treatment for Hep C. His genotype is 1A. During the first treatment, he didn't drink even one beer. But, once he got thru that 1st treatment and was non-detectible for 3 months, he started to drink beer again...not just one or two a night. It got to where he was drinking a 6-pk/night. When he went back for his checkup, the virus was back with a count of 60,000,000. (yes-60 million). We got him started on the 2nd treatment, and within 3 months, I was laid off from work as a Sr. Software Analyst where our insurance was. There was no way we could afford the treatment then. So, I looked up Roche Pharmaceuticals on the web. They have grants available to those who qualify. It couldn't hurt to check them out because they gave him a 12mo grant, which covered his 15mo treatment. (The first 3mo was covered by my insurance.) It's been a

rough road for us this last 3 years. He throws fits of rage that last a short time. He threatens to leave me constantly after he gets thru this treatment during these rages. So, needless to say, I need support as well as anyone. But, we're near the end now...6 weeks to go. He has told us that he isn't going to drink beer any longer. It just isn't worth the chance. I hope the rage episodes go away also. My heart has been broken for the fact he's sick and then torn apart for the fact that I'm the target of his rage. Congratulations on your 19 years of soberity. That's a true accomplishment and shows you have a strong will. Maybe you can check out Roche for Pegasys treatment. It was a life-saver for him. Best Regards, Dianna New member Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental. " My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing

the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen .com/3-About_ Infergen/ . I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine

user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/HCVAm Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Jackie

Guest guest

I did look into some funding options, but unfortunately, we make

too much money. Even though I am only working 3 hours a week, but wife is

a long-term nurse. That helps but also complicates matters. She knows

what can go wrong, though she works in pediatrics.

I’m finally looking at cheese burgers like they were

whiskey. Both would be slow suicide for someone with liver disease.

" Running

It is

~Stanley

Coren~

better. "

~Maya Angelou~

Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Dianna Carlyle

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 12:41 PM

My husband

is just finishing his 2nd treatment for Hep C. His genotype is 1A.

During the first treatment, he didn't drink even one beer. But, once he

got thru that 1st treatment and was non-detectible for 3 months, he started to

drink beer again...not just one or two a night. It got to where he was

drinking a 6-pk/night.

When he went

back for his checkup, the virus was back with a count of 60,000,000. (yes-60

million).

We got him

started on the 2nd treatment, and within 3 months, I was laid off from work as

a Sr. Software Analyst where our insurance was. There was no way we

could afford the treatment then.

So, I looked

up Roche Pharmaceuticals on the web. They have grants available to those

who qualify.

It couldn't

hurt to check them out because they gave him a 12mo grant, which covered his

15mo treatment. (The first 3mo was covered by my insurance.)

It's been a

rough road for us this last 3 years. He throws fits of rage that last a

short time. He threatens to leave me constantly after he gets thru this

treatment during these rages. So, needless to say, I need support as well

as anyone.

But, we're

near the end now...6 weeks to go. He has told us that he isn't going to

drink beer any longer. It just isn't worth the chance.

I hope the

rage episodes go away also. My heart has been broken for the fact he's

sick and then torn apart for the fact that I'm the target of his rage.

Congratulations

on your 19 years of soberity. That's a true accomplishment and shows you

have a strong will.

Maybe you

can check out Roche for Pegasys treatment. It was a life-saver for him.

Best

Regards,

Dianna

Guest guest

I have high hopes for Infergen, especially since I do respond to

treatment.

" Running

It is

~Stanley

Coren~

better. "

~Maya Angelou~

Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of elizabethnv1

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 12:49 PM

Welcome

to the group ! Infergen works real good on relapsers and nonresponders

alike . While I was on it I got my viral load <50 which is the lowest it has

ever been . I myself had to stop because of heart problems not related to the

hep c . Good luck and congrats on the 19 yrs of sobriety , I know it's not an

easy thing to accomplish in this day and age .

Guest guest

yep,, thats a good thing to do.. Matchinsky wrote: The only thing the doctor can do about the fatty liver disease is get me to lose weight. I think I’m motivated this time! "Running is to dogs what dancing is to people. It is their way to get into the rhythm of the universe." ~Stanley Coren~ "I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did

better." ~Maya Angelou~ From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Friday, March 07, 2008 12:40 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: New member Hi Welcome to the group.. I am jackie or jax, one of the co-owners of this group. I too am geno 1a, I treated 6 years ago ending 5 years ago Feb 23rd.. Im due for my 5 year post tx pcr, I just havent had time to go and have it drawn, but will soon.. I hope this time will be your last time to treat and that you reach SVR this time. What is your doc doing about the fatty liver? I sure hope you wont have to have transplant, but if you do need one, I hope you get it quickly! Keep us updated. Dont forget to get copies of all your labs etc and keep em in a file at home.. jax <michaelboxernest (DOT) net> wrote: Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental." My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen.com/3-About_Infergen/. I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive

up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using t he web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HCVAm Jackie No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM Jackie

Guest guest

Dianna, I put myself in rehab and learned I had hepc. Second time doing tx, but I had to wait a year before starting. Still have a long way to go. I'am new to this group too. They are great bunch of people. Help in anyway. P

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member

Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental. " My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen .com/3-About_ Infergen/ .. I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still,

I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups.

yahoo.com/ group/HCVAm

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

, I am relating to your broken heart. My spouses and my son do not at this time have HepC, but I was the target for all their failings while drinking. I can sooo feel your pain. I do hope this treatment makes your husband see all the pain that has come from his illness and makes a go of sobriety. Alcoholism is a terrible waste of human dignity and happiness. I'm here also, if you need to vent or to cry on someone's shoulder.Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. ,My husband is just finishing his 2nd treatment for Hep C. His genotype is 1A. During the first treatment, he didn't drink even one beer. But, once he got thru that 1st treatment and was non-detectible for 3 months, he started to drink beer again...not just one or two a night. It got to where he was drinking a 6-pk/night. When he went back for his checkup, the virus was back with a count of 60,000,000. (yes-60 million).We got him started on the 2nd treatment, and within 3 months, I was laid off from work as a Sr. Software Analyst where our insurance was. There was no way we could afford the treatment then. So, I looked up Roche Pharmaceuticals on the web. They have grants available to those who qualify.It couldn't hurt to check them out because they gave him a 12mo grant, which covered his 15mo treatment. (The first 3mo was covered by my insurance.)It's been a rough road for us this last 3 years. He throws fits of rage that last a short time. He threatens to leave me constantly after he gets thru this treatment during these rages. So, needless to say, I need support as well as anyone. But, we're near the end now...6 weeks to go. He has told us that he isn't going to drink beer any longer. It just isn't worth the chance.I hope the rage episodes go away also. My heart has been broken for the fact he's sick and then torn apart for the fact that I'm the target of his rage.Congratulations on your 19 years of soberity. That's a true accomplishment and shows you have a strong will. Maybe you can check out Roche for Pegasys treatment. It was a life-saver for him. Best Regards,Dianna

Guest guest

Hello , I am Sharon. 65 and recently finished my second round of tx. Haven't yet learned if I'm clear to stay, but will later this month. I'm happy to welcome you to a good group and wish you the very best in your battle. The 12 steps are great for us co-dependents too, I've learned soo much from the wisdom of the people who frequent the meetings.Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain.Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental." My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen.com/3-About_Infergen/. I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HCVAm

Guest guest

Thanks Jackie. I'm going to tell him about this lady. He's been told by friends that if it's gone for one year it won't come back. We all know that's not true. So, this is a great story for me to relay to him.

Have a great weekend!

Dianna

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member

Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental. " My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen .com/3-About_ Infergen/ . I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still,

yahoo.com/ group/HCVAm

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Jackie

Guest guest

Waiting is the hard part, isn’t it?

" Running

It is

~Stanley

Coren~

better. "

~Maya Angelou~

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of SHARON CROSBY

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 1:26 PM

Hello , I am Sharon. 65 and recently finished

my second round of tx. Haven't yet learned if I'm clear to stay, but will

later this month.

I'm happy to welcome you to a good group and wish you the

very best in your battle. The 12 steps are great for us co-dependents

too, I've learned soo much from the wisdom of the people who frequent the

meetings.

Sharon in NW Washington

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to

dance in the rain.

Guest guest

, I lost over 100 lbs since last Oct I believe. My hepper mind doesn't quite remember when I started my new lifestyle. But I was tired of carrying around all that extra weight. And needless to say it was hard to get cute clothes for a fat woman. I am a Diva when it comes to clothes. LOL I am nearly to my target weight and it feels delightful. And I know I am doing my liver a big favor by taking off the extra weight. Here is how I do it. I eat anything I want. Sounds crazy huh. Well I do use Splenda because I am a diabetic also. But I eat 6 small meals a day. Breakfast,mid morning snack,Lunch afternoon snack, Supper and a before bedtime snack. Yeah that is a lot of eating. But because they are

small meals you keep your glycemic levels, well level. I added alot of fruit and veggies to my diet. And I drink a lot of water!!!!!!! It is my drink of choice. The weight just began to melt off of me. I was excited every time I stepped on the scale. I make sure I get all the vitamins and minerals through my diet. And I feel so much better. I don't need the 3 hour naps that I did before. I had severe fatigue. A glass of water will pep me right up. If you see me ever I am the gal with a glass or bottle of water in my hand. LOL I am about 30 or 40 lbs away from my weight goal and I intend to make it. Hope this helps. Just to let you know that I am not blowing out steam. I took 3 years of

nutrition in college because I enjoyed it so much. LOL No, really I had a professor who was the professor of nutrition at the OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine and he was great and really interesting to take his courses. Any who If I can be of help let me know. I can give you suggestions for meal plans and I am not Craig, I will not charge you a dime. LOL Love Janet Matchinsky wrote: The only thing the doctor can do about the fatty liver disease is get me to lose weight. I think I’m motivated this time! "Running is to dogs what dancing is to people. It is their way to get into the rhythm of the universe." ~Stanley Coren~ "I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did better." ~Maya Angelou~ From:

Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Friday, March 07, 2008 12:40 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: New member Hi Welcome to the group.. I am jackie or jax, one of the co-owners of this group. I too am geno 1a, I treated 6 years ago ending 5 years ago Feb 23rd.. Im due for my 5 year post tx pcr, I just havent had time to go and have it drawn, but will soon.. I hope this time will be your last time to treat and that you reach SVR this time. What is your doc doing about the fatty liver? I sure hope you wont

have to have transplant, but if you do need one, I hope you get it quickly! Keep us updated. Dont forget to get copies of all your labs etc and keep em in a file at home.. jax <michaelboxernest (DOT) net> wrote: Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental." My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer

(where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen.com/3-About_Infergen/. I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using t he web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle.

It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HCVAm Jackie No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:

269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Guest guest

Thanks Sharon. At this time, he says that when this is over, he's not going to see me as someone who was there for him. He's been quite cruel about it. His brother also has Hep C (homemade tatoos years ago), and he adores his wife for hanging in there for him. My husband says he won't be like that.

I hope it's just the disease and treatment talking. I hope he sees that I have sacrificed something over these years just for him.

One good thing is that I'm immune to Hep C. It's unusual, but I thank God. I don't know what I would've done if we both had been down with it at the same time.

I hope to chat with you again soon.

Thanks for listening.

Dianna

Re: New member

, I am relating to your broken heart. My spouses and my son do not at this time have HepC, but I was the target for all their failings while drinking. I can sooo feel your pain. I do hope this treatment makes your husband see all the pain that has come from his illness and makes a go of sobriety.

Alcoholism is a terrible waste of human dignity and happiness. I'm here also, if you need to vent or to cry on someone's shoulder.

Sharon in NW Washington

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain.

My husband is just finishing his 2nd treatment for Hep C. His genotype is 1A. During the first treatment, he didn't drink even one beer. But, once he got thru that 1st treatment and was non-detectible for 3 months, he started to drink beer again...not just one or two a night. It got to where he was drinking a 6-pk/night.

When he went back for his checkup, the virus was back with a count of 60,000,000. (yes-60 million).

We got him started on the 2nd treatment, and within 3 months, I was laid off from work as a Sr. Software Analyst where our insurance was. There was no way we could afford the treatment then.

So, I looked up Roche Pharmaceuticals on the web. They have grants available to those who qualify.

It couldn't hurt to check them out because they gave him a 12mo grant, which covered his 15mo treatment. (The first 3mo was covered by my insurance.)

It's been a rough road for us this last 3 years. He throws fits of rage that last a short time. He threatens to leave me constantly after he gets thru this treatment during these rages. So, needless to say, I need support as well as anyone.

But, we're near the end now...6 weeks to go. He has told us that he isn't going to drink beer any longer. It just isn't worth the chance.

I hope the rage episodes go away also. My heart has been broken for the fact he's sick and then torn apart for the fact that I'm the target of his rage.

Congratulations on your 19 years of soberity. That's a true accomplishment and shows you have a strong will.

Maybe you can check out Roche for Pegasys treatment. It was a life-saver for him.

Best Regards,

Dianna

Guest guest

I understand. We made too much til I got laid off. And then I had to write a change of circumstance document. I sure wish there was a way to get funding for you.

Just keep up the good work and keep your immune system as strong as you can.

And drink lots of water. It couldn't hurt.

:o)

Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member

Best Regards,

Dianna

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.