RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: New Member

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks ,, I'd like to think we are here for everyone,, I really do believe this is the best forum on the net.. we maybe smaller than some, but we have the most caring folks here.. Putman wrote: , this great bunch of women mean what they say about being there for you. P Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member I understand. We made too much til I got laid off. And then I had to write a change of circumstance document. I sure wish there was a way to get funding for you. Just keep up the good work and keep your immune system as strong as you can. And drink lots of water. It couldn't hurt. :o) No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free

Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber Jackie Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Jackie

Guest guest

And some really great guys, as well, Rick, Steve, Lee come to mind as just a few.. Putman wrote: , this great bunch of women mean what they say about being there for you. P Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member I understand. We made too much til I got laid off. And then I had to write a change of circumstance document. I sure wish there was a way to get funding for you. Just keep up the good work and keep your immune system as strong as you can. And drink lots of water. It couldn't hurt. :o) No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free

Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber Jackie Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Does Infergen have the same sides and is it taken with the Ribo?? I have an appointment next month with my liver docs at Cedars in Los Angeles and I am wondering if they will think that will be an option for me since I was a nonresponder and became very ill. Steph

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

hi dianne if there is such things as lucky then i guess thats me 2b. 24 weeks of treatment we pray tonight is 9th shot, what i wanted to say is i....was....in...denial for the longest time about my alcohol then my cocaine and pills, and many many years of not caring i finally did,,,there is no such thing is just a couple of a addict truly has a problem then a few is to many and 1 is to much. i have been clean and sober for a few years, and have come to tems with treating the hepc, stage 1 cirrohisis, i have experienced diff feelings, and rage or no patience or being mean to the one we love i am guilty of, it gets better. we tk suggestion, tk our meds, do what we are told , and be honest with health care provider, this is my experience and it certainly is scary, belive me the people here will tell you i ask lots of questions and i am allways getting good advise, and allways given the best suggestions,,,,good luck to you and yr hubby , pls just dont tk

abuse....Dianna Carlyle wrote: , My husband is just finishing his 2nd treatment for Hep C. His genotype is 1A. During the first treatment, he didn't drink even one beer. But, once he got thru that 1st treatment and was non-detectible for 3 months, he started to drink beer again...not just one or two a night. It got to where he was drinking a 6-pk/night. When he went back for his

checkup, the virus was back with a count of 60,000,000. (yes-60 million). We got him started on the 2nd treatment, and within 3 months, I was laid off from work as a Sr. Software Analyst where our insurance was. There was no way we could afford the treatment then. So, I looked up Roche Pharmaceuticals on the web. They have grants available to those who qualify. It couldn't hurt to check them out because they gave him a 12mo grant, which covered his 15mo treatment. (The first 3mo was covered by my insurance.) It's been a rough road for us this last 3 years. He throws fits of rage that last a short time. He threatens to leave me constantly after he gets thru this treatment during these rages. So, needless to say, I need support as well as anyone. But, we're near the end now...6 weeks to go. He has told us that he isn't going to drink beer any longer. It just

isn't worth the chance. I hope the rage episodes go away also. My heart has been broken for the fact he's sick and then torn apart for the fact that I'm the target of his rage. Congratulations on your 19 years of soberity. That's a true accomplishment and shows you have a strong will. Maybe you can check out Roche for Pegasys treatment. It was a life-saver for him. Best Regards, Dianna New member Hi. My name

is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental. " My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen .com/3-About_ Infergen/ . I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive

up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups. yahoo.com/

group/HCVAm Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Joyceanne, You are brave and strong to have faced all that you have. You are becoming stronger every day, even through this tough treatment. The purpose of this message is that denial applies to BOTH sides of addiction. Partners of addicted persons ALSO have great denial of the problem. We tend to accept the abnormal as normal and have a huge capacity for taking abuse. Diane, you are just as important a person as your afflicted partner is. That's very hard to accept, but it's true. What I said before about looking outside your home for satisfaction is sooo true. Join a group or volunteer to help less fortunate, you will get sooo much more out of it than you give. Perhaps your eyes will come open to what you are living with as well. In either case, put yourself at the head of the list, believe in your worth. As an addict, your husband needs to do whatever he does to make himself feel better. DON'T accept it as truth. If he continues to drink, he is choosing to destroy himself. Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain.hi dianne if there is such things as lucky then i guess thats me 2b. 24 weeks of treatment we pray tonight is 9th shot, what i wanted to say is i....was....in...denial for the longest time about my alcohol then my cocaine and pills, and many many years of not caring i finally did,,,there is no such thing is just a couple of a addict truly has a problem then a few is to many and 1 is to much. i have been clean and sober for a few years, and have come to tems with treating the hepc, stage 1 cirrohisis, i have experienced diff feelings, and rage or no patience or being mean to the one we love i am guilty of, it gets better. we tk suggestion, tk our meds, do what we are told , and be honest with health care provider, this is my experience and it certainly is scary, belive me the people here will tell you i ask lots of questions and i am allways getting good advise, and allways given the best suggestions,,,,good luck to you and yr hubby , pls just dont tk abuse....

Guest guest

sharon thats true what you say about the partner. going out and doing things for them, i tell scotty all the time, scotty go out with jim have a good time really enjoy yrself, im fine i just wanna stay home ,,,for exz all he is doing is metal detecting with his friend , he doesnt need to be around me when i am in 1 of moods ,,,,,,,you know since this change with in myself, i have really been looking at me as a person beside the hep c person on the meds etc...and i too need to do something for me once a week or whatever, you know god only knows about any ones future and we all need to for our selves do something good, that makes us happy,i feel well im taking care of my hep, doing what i need to get better, i dont drink any more i dont do drugs anymore, i dont party etc,so i wrent out the other day and cut my hair to shoulder length and had it colored i am 43 and i shouldnt be feeling like a hag, and i now feel good, inside and out,,,,,,,my sis has lung cancer remission 3

years and last week they found a spot on her right lung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!adn shes the one who taught me , joyceann tk care of you!!!!!!!!stop taking care of everyone else, do something good for you!!!!!!!sorry i went on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHARON CROSBY wrote: Joyceanne, You are brave and strong to have faced all that you have. You are becoming stronger every day, even through this tough treatment. The purpose of this message is that denial applies to BOTH sides of addiction. Partners of addicted persons ALSO have great denial of the problem. We tend to accept the abnormal as normal and have a huge capacity for taking abuse. Diane, you are just as important a person as your afflicted partner is. That's very hard to accept, but it's true. What I said before about looking outside your home for satisfaction is sooo true. Join a group or volunteer to help less fortunate, you will get sooo much more out of it than you give. Perhaps your eyes will come open to what you are living with as well. In either case, put yourself at the head of the list, believe in your worth. As an addict, your husband needs to do whatever he does to make himself feel better. DON'T accept it as truth. If he continues to drink, he is choosing to destroy

himself. Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. hi dianne if there is such things as lucky then i guess thats me 2b. 24 weeks of treatment we pray tonight is 9th shot, what i wanted to say is i....was....in...denial for the longest time about my alcohol then my cocaine and pills, and many many years of not caring i finally did,,,there is no such thing is just a couple of a addict truly has a problem then a few is to many and 1 is to much. i have been clean and sober for a few years, and have come to tems with treating the hepc, stage 1 cirrohisis, i have experienced diff feelings, and rage or no patience or being mean to the one we love i am guilty of, it gets better. we tk suggestion, tk our meds, do what we are told , and be honest with health

care provider, this is my experience and it certainly is scary, belive me the people here will tell you i ask lots of questions and i am allways getting good advise, and allways given the best suggestions,,,,good luck to you and yr hubby , pls just dont tk abuse....

Guest guest

I'm facing this dilemma right now. I've been such a homebody for the past year. It's hard to get past that, but I've gotta find somehting for myself or implode, one or the other. arrgghhSharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain.sharon thats true what you say about the partner. going out and doing things for them, i tell scotty all the time, scotty go out with jim have a good time really enjoy yrself, im fine i just wanna stay home ,,,for exz all he is doing is metal detecting with his friend , he doesnt need to be around me when i am in 1 of moods ,,,,,,,you know since this change with in myself, i have really been looking at me as a person beside the hep c person on the meds etc...and i too need to do something for me once a week or whatever, you know god only knows about any ones future and we all need to for our selves do something good, that makes us happy,i feel well im taking care of my hep, doing what i need to get better, i dont drink any more i dont do drugs anymore, i dont party etc,so i wrent out the other day and cut my hair to shoulder length and had it colored i am 43 and i shouldnt be feeling like a hag, and i now feel good, inside and out,,,,,,,my sis has lung cancer remission 3 years and last week they found a spot on her right lung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!adn shes the one who taught me , joyceann tk care of you!!!!!!!!stop taking care of everyone else, do something good for you!!!!!!!sorry i went on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHARON CROSBY wrote: Joyceanne, You are brave and strong to have faced all that you have. You are becoming stronger every day, even through this tough treatment. The purpose of this message is that denial applies to BOTH sides of addiction. Partners of addicted persons ALSO have great denial of the problem. We tend to accept the abnormal as normal and have a huge capacity for taking abuse. Diane, you are just as important a person as your afflicted partner is. That's very hard to accept, but it's true. What I said before about looking outside your home for satisfaction is sooo true. Join a group or volunteer to help less fortunate, you will get sooo much more out of it than you give. Perhaps your eyes will come open to what you are living with as well. In either case, put yourself at the head of the list, believe in your worth. As an addict, your husband needs to do whatever he does to make himself feel better. DON'T accept it as truth. If he continues to drink, he is choosing to destroy himself.

Guest guest

yes, i just got off the phone with my sis 55yrs old lives in vegas, she said it and said esp after her cancer she had to quit her job, what am i gonna do i need a friend i have no one to talk to etc,,,,,,she did it , am i so so prouid of her cause she is from mass and knows no one in vegas she made a couple of friends and looks up activities to go to she pinches her pennies also belive me, and she is looking into voulnteering 1 day a week at the libary to read to kids, thats a inspiration for me because my personlity is so cheery aznd bubble i shouldnt be locking myself in, im so glad we talk about all types of things relat4ed to the person and tx, love you allSHARON CROSBY wrote: I'm facing this dilemma right now. I've been such a homebody for the past year. It's hard to get past that, but I've gotta find somehting for myself or implode, one or the other. arrgghh Sharon in NW Washington Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain. sharon thats true what you say about the partner. going out and doing things for them, i tell scotty all the time, scotty go out with jim have a good time really enjoy yrself, im fine i just wanna stay home ,,,for exz all he is doing is metal detecting with his friend , he doesnt need to be around me

when i am in 1 of moods ,,,,,,,you know since this change with in myself, i have really been looking at me as a person beside the hep c person on the meds etc...and i too need to do something for me once a week or whatever, you know god only knows about any ones future and we all need to for our selves do something good, that makes us happy,i feel well im taking care of my hep, doing what i need to get better, i dont drink any more i dont do drugs anymore, i dont party etc,so i wrent out the other day and cut my hair to shoulder length and had it colored i am 43 and i shouldnt be feeling like a hag, and i now feel good, inside and out,,,,,,,my sis has lung cancer remission 3 years and last week they found a spot on her right lung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!adn shes the one who taught me , joyceann tk care of you!!!!!!!!stop taking care of everyone else, do something good for you!!!!!!!sorry i went on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHARON CROSBY

<csharonxoxomsn> wrote: Joyceanne, You are brave and strong to have faced all that you have. You are becoming stronger every day, even through this tough treatment. The purpose of this message is that denial applies to BOTH sides of addiction. Partners of addicted persons ALSO have great denial of the problem. We tend to accept the abnormal as normal and have a huge capacity for taking abuse. Diane, you are just as important a person as your afflicted partner is. That's very hard to accept, but it's true. What I said before about looking outside your home for satisfaction is sooo true. Join a group or volunteer to help less fortunate, you will get sooo much

more out of it than you give. Perhaps your eyes will come open to what you are living with as well. In either case, put yourself at the head of the list, believe in your worth. As an addict, your husband needs to do whatever he does to make himself feel better. DON'T accept it as truth. If he continues to drink, he is choosing to destroy himself.

Guest guest

I also live in Las Vegas and I know lots of things she can do to fill her time and make friends doing . Have her email me at elizabethnv1@... .

Re: New member

yes, i just got off the phone with my sis 55yrs old lives in vegas, she said it and said esp after her cancer she had to quit her job, what am i gonna do i need a friend i have no one to talk to etc,,,,,,she did it , am i so so prouid of her cause she is from mass and knows no one in vegas she made a couple of friends and looks up activities to go to she pinches her pennies also belive me, and she is looking into voulnteering 1 day a week at the libary to read to kids, thats a inspiration for me because my personlity is so cheery aznd bubble i shouldnt be locking myself in, im so glad we talk about all types of things relat4ed to the person and tx, love you allSHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote:

I'm facing this dilemma right now. I've been such a homebody for the past year. It's hard to get past that, but I've gotta find somehting for myself or implode, one or the other. arrgghh

Sharon in NW Washington

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain.

sharon thats true what you say about the partner. going out and doing things for them, i tell scotty all the time, scotty go out with jim have a good time really enjoy yrself, im fine i just wanna stay home ,,,for exz all he is doing is metal detecting with his friend , he doesnt need to be around me when i am in 1 of moods ,,,,,,,you know since this change with in myself, i have really been looking at me as a person beside the hep c person on the meds etc...and i too need to do something for me once a week or whatever, you know god only knows about any ones future and we all need to for our selves do something good, that makes us happy,i feel well im taking care of my hep, doing what i need to get better, i dont drink any more i dont do drugs anymore, i dont party etc,so i wrent out the other day and cut my hair to shoulder length and had it colored i am 43 and i shouldnt be feeling like a hag, and i now feel good, inside and out,,,,,,,my sis has lung cancer remission 3 years and last week they found a spot on her right lung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!adn shes the one who taught me , joyceann tk care of you!!!!!!!!stop taking care of everyone else, do something good for you!!!!!!!sorry i went on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote:

Joyceanne, You are brave and strong to have faced all that you have. You are becoming stronger every day, even through this tough treatment.

The purpose of this message is that denial applies to BOTH sides of addiction. Partners of addicted persons ALSO have great denial of the problem. We tend to accept the abnormal as normal and have a huge capacity for taking abuse.

Diane, you are just as important a person as your afflicted partner is. That's very hard to accept, but it's true. What I said before about looking outside your home for satisfaction is sooo true. Join a group or volunteer to help less fortunate, you will get sooo much more out of it than you give. Perhaps your eyes will come open to what you are living with as well.

In either case, put yourself at the head of the list, believe in your worth. As an addict, your husband needs to do whatever he does to make himself feel better. DON'T accept it as truth. If he continues to drink, he is choosing to destroy himself.

Guest guest

Thanks and Sheena for your responses. Steph

Guest guest

Thanks ...Sometimes a rough road leads you to good things...

Hang in there. And keep your sense of humor. I found out it's your best armour...

:o)

Dianna

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member

Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental. " My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen .com/3-About_ Infergen/ .. I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still,

I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups.

yahoo.com/ group/HCVAm

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

You guys rock to be here for me...I feel so much better since I got online with you all.

Thanks to all who've been giving me info, ideas and comfort.

d...

Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member

Thanks Sharon. At this time, he says that when this is over, he's not going to see me as someone who was there for him. He's been quite cruel about it. His brother also has Hep C (homemade tatoos years ago), and he adores his wife for hanging in there for him. My husband says he won't be like that.

I hope it's just the disease and treatment talking. I hope he sees that I have sacrificed something over these years just for him.

One good thing is that I'm immune to Hep C. It's unusual, but I thank God. I don't know what I would've done if we both had been down with it at the same time.

I hope to chat with you again soon.

Thanks for listening.

Dianna

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

Guest guest

YES...Filtered water...We live downstream from Tyson Chicken Farms...

We only drink Spring Water from the gallon jug. We keep a jug in the fridge and also use lemon slices for a little added taste...

Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member,My husband is just finishing his 2nd treatment for Hep C. His genotype is 1A. During the first treatment, he didn't drink even one beer. But, once he got thru that 1st treatment and was non-detectible for 3 months, he started to drink beer again...not just one or two a night. It got to where he was

drinking a 6-pk/night. When he went back for his checkup, the virus was back with a count of 60,000,000. (yes-60 million).We got him started on the 2nd treatment, and within 3 months, I was laid off from work as a Sr. Software Analyst where our insurance was. There was no way we could afford the treatment then. So, I looked up Roche Pharmaceuticals on the web. They have grants available to those who qualify.It couldn't hurt to check them out because they gave him a 12mo grant, which covered his 15mo treatment. (The first 3mo was covered by my insurance.)It's been a rough road for us this last 3 years. He throws fits of rage that last a short time. He threatens to leave me constantly after he gets thru this treatment during these rages. So, needless to say, I need support as well as anyone. But, we're near the end now...6 weeks to go. He has told us that he isn't going to drink beer any longer. It just isn't worth the chance.I

hope the rage episodes go away also. My heart has been broken for the fact he's sick and then torn apart for the fact that I'm the target of his rage.Congratulations on your 19 years of soberity. That's a true accomplishment and shows you have a strong will. Maybe you can check out Roche for Pegasys treatment. It was a life-saver for him.Best Regards,DiannaNo virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ Jackie

Guest guest

You are awesome Janet.

And you are right...The meds just augment the issues he already has. I am curious to see how things go once we get thru the rest of this tx. 5 more weeks!!! Hooty hoooooo.......

And I realize it takes a little while to get all the junk/meds/lifesavers out of your system. (aaarrrggghhh)

I did see the caregivers forum and I'm going to join. But, he won't accept any other support than from me and his brother. He's so very private and to himself. Maybe that's part of the problem and the reason he vents everything toward me.

Thanks for being here for me. It really really does help!!!

Hugs back,

d...

Re: [Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member

, I am relating to your broken heart. My spouses and my son do not at this time have HepC, but I was the target for all their failings while drinking. I can sooo feel your pain. I do hope this treatment makes your husband see all the pain that has come from his illness and makes a go of sobriety.

Alcoholism is a terrible waste of human dignity and happiness. I'm here also, if you need to vent or to cry on someone's shoulder.

Sharon in NW Washington

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but about how to dance in the rain.

My husband is just finishing his 2nd treatment for Hep C. His genotype is 1A. During the first treatment, he didn't drink even one beer. But, once he got thru that 1st treatment and was non-detectible for 3 months, he started to drink beer again...not just one or two a night. It got to where he was drinking a 6-pk/night.

When he went back for his checkup, the virus was back with a count of 60,000,000. (yes-60 million).

We got him started on the 2nd treatment, and within 3 months, I was laid off from work as a Sr. Software Analyst where our insurance was. There was no way we could afford the treatment then.

So, I looked up Roche Pharmaceuticals on the web. They have grants available to those who qualify.

It couldn't hurt to check them out because they gave him a 12mo grant, which covered his 15mo treatment. (The first 3mo was covered by my insurance.)

It's been a rough road for us this last 3 years. He throws fits of rage that last a short time. He threatens to leave me constantly after he gets thru this treatment during these rages. So, needless to say, I need support as well as anyone.

But, we're near the end now...6 weeks to go. He has told us that he isn't going to drink beer any longer. It just isn't worth the chance.

I hope the rage episodes go away also. My heart has been broken for the fact he's sick and then torn apart for the fact that I'm the target of his rage.

Congratulations on your 19 years of soberity. That's a true accomplishment and shows you have a strong will.

Maybe you can check out Roche for Pegasys treatment. It was a life-saver for him.

Best Regards,

Dianna

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Jackie

Guest guest

I sure appreciate you all...I kept the one about the 10 year remission just to show him.

Hopefully that'll impress his thinking.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

[Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member

Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental. " My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen .com/3-About_ Infergen/ . I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still,

I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups.

yahoo.com/ group/HCVAm

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Jackie

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Jackie

Guest guest

Well I hope he realized how serious drinking alcohol is to his recovery both from alcoholism as well as this virus,Dianna Carlyle wrote: I sure appreciate you all...I kept the one about the 10 year remission just to show him. Hopefully that'll impress his thinking. Thanks!!!!!!!! [Hepatitis_C_ Central] New member Hi. My name is Matchinsky. I have Hep C, and genotype 1A andhave gone through 2 treatments with PegIntron. Actually, call that 1and ½. My insurance company stopped the second treatment before itwas complete. Their argument has been that 72 weeks of treatment is"investigational and experimental. " My doctor's argument is that I'vealready relapsed after 48 weeks, twice, and anything less than 72weeks would be futile. I am a quick responder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen .com/3-About_ Infergen/ . I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read. The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle. It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a 12 Step based HCV

supportgroup, but it is very inactive. http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/HCVAm Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Jackie Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Jackie Never miss a thing.

Make Yahoo your homepage. Jackie

Guest guest

Sharon,

I just got to read the part to me and I know you are so right. I

find that when I'm helping someone else outside of our situation, it

not only takes my mind off our issues, but makes me feel good

inside. Hang in there with me. I'm gonna get better at taking care

of me first, so I can be there for him. But, I did make it clear

that if he starts drinking again after this tx, and the virus rears

its ugly head again, I'm out...

:o)

Stay tuned...5 weeks to go after this weekend...Hooty hoooooo....

Dianna

Joyceanne, You

are brave and strong to have faced all that you have. You are

becoming stronger every day, even through this tough treatment.

>

> The purpose of this message is that denial applies to BOTH sides

of addiction. Partners of addicted persons ALSO have great denial

of the problem. We tend to accept the abnormal as normal and have a

huge capacity for taking abuse.

>

> Diane, you are just as important a person as your afflicted

partner is. That's very hard to accept, but it's true. What I said

before about looking outside your home for satisfaction is sooo

true. Join a group or volunteer to help less fortunate, you will

get sooo much more out of it than you give. Perhaps your eyes will

come open to what you are living with as well.

>

> In either case, put yourself at the head of the list, believe in

your worth. As an addict, your husband needs to do whatever he does

to make himself feel better. DON'T accept it as truth. If he

continues to drink, he is choosing to destroy himself.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>