RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Strangers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks, ;

This is my last posting on this subject as I am growing tired of dominating the board on this subject. It is a valid debatable subject and the group's input is appreciated.

In the past and with Frito's suggestion, we agreed that in regards to transfering any of our bugs that the benefit outweigh the risk.

If I had someone offer me help and tell me that the person is a licensed professional Nurse, I myself would consider myself lucky. An RN is easily traceable with the State Board, these days Fingerprinting is required for renewal of license even. An RN is accountable by profession more so then ever as the regulatory agencies have tightened their rules and regulations and the scope of practice to infinitum. Does that spill over into the private sector, you bet. I am constantly in protecting my license mode .

When I first learned about Lynn's husband expressing that 'I am a stranger', my own past married life flashed before my eyes and recalled my social isolation when even a trip to the grocery store had to be explained over and over again. I could work for 16 hours and could have been in Timbuktoo *sp). that was just fine with him.

That is the past and now I have regained my powers of being an independent and strong woman which is more my nature. I have befriended likewise strong woman were they just tell their husband, bye, I am flying off to Paris on a shopping spree. Having been a worlwide traveler myself, I have a different perspective on life in many ways, to me, : Central California is just down the street for example.

I realize it is up to Lynn to work it out with her husband, as Rush pointed out so well, he is not the one communicating with the group on a day to day basis. Whatever his reasons of thinking of me as a stranger is valid because it is his belief regardless of logical deduction by others.

I just checked out alternate transporation for Lynn, willing to send her money via Western Union if that would help to aleviate concerns, but not even Greyhound goes from Ceres, Modesto yes, then I see no proximal location in the San , Palo Alto area as a destination, well I checked to make sure. I mean if her husband knows of a friend or family member with a car, i pay for the gas if that helps.

If not, Tuesday it is I am on my way. i want this over with now, I want Lynn's veins tapped for these important blood tests, she has such a past medical history and I just do not want her to miss out, period, No angel here, no self gratification motives, just me on a mission and think of it as another work assignment. I have to pass the Trust test every day over and over again, now for decades. I hook patients up to a machine and process lots of their blood etc, do they, these patients, family members, hospital staff have blind faith initially, you bet, nothing is more rewarding to gain their trust and confidence with subsequent treatments, establishing quite a bond. I truly like my job. It is all about the Human Psyche in any event. ( Oh, Yeah now the buggy life threw me a curve ball, Man oh Man what a life now. )

Ok, that is it, I am done. thanks ALL for your input, I have learned a lot.

marguerite

From: torpedolynn <no_reply >Subject: Re: CFS, study ..Will try againbird mitesDate: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 2:48 PM

Very cool Rose. Can they switch the date for the 6th?? Be nice if us gals could meet up. In Light Lynn>> Hi ,Just got in this morning...Jane called...I'm on july 8th at 11 am...Thank You so much Margerite,Marie and everyone for Your support!!!!! !!!!

Reply to sender | Reply to group |

Guest guest

So You have done your absolute best...and You are not dominating the board as We all care about each other....I appreciate you marguerite and lynn....people simply don't trust these days like maybe in a less difficult past....has nuthin to do with You....i appreciate when people trust me as nurse but sometimes hasn't been the case esp.pediatrics where the parents were so much the primary caregivers to the disabled child that i was given very little power in critical home care cases....only thing I learned is i had no control...i disliked it because often I found myself forced to go with a parents protocol that i simply didn't feel comfortable with..The best thing I could do is not take it personally and then realized I didn't want to be in a situation where i had to prove my

trustworthiness every day...so i went to long term care and my patients felt extremely trusting of me and that trust gave me a tremendous energy to be worthy of that trust...my experience and then i got this"gift"....and you know i haven't worked in nursing now for over a year...Anyway what i did learn from pediatrics was that i had no control....in a sense it was a valuable lesson but i would rather be where i am am trusted..maybe even a little revered because i was always willing to go the extra mile...no wonder I have CFS...duh...At this point in my life I feel i was always trying to prove myself or seek approval because well that was part of my nursing codependency....challlenge today is i am not too useful in terms of work and i have to except myself without the nurse identity....at least for awhile...There is no fault on this deal for anyone concerned....I have been sick lately maybe more depressive than anything and there is always an aspect of

kissing the behinds of others that i despise....In my opinion this is the worst aspect of being chronically ill is the beholden that just happens when You can't 100% take care of Yourself....nothing too fair about it....lots of control issues...and there isn't a patient I've ever taken care of that isn't a bit in fear of the family or institution...no it's not fair...I hate it and I'm out with that!!Love You all !!!RoseFrom: Marguerite <gentlebaybreeze2@...>bird mites Sent: Sat, July 3, 2010

8:03:50 PMSubject: Re: strangers

Thanks, ;

This is my last posting on this subject as I am growing tired of dominating the board on this subject. It is a valid debatable subject and the group's input is appreciated.

In the past and with Frito's suggestion, we agreed that in regards to transfering any of our bugs that the benefit outweigh the risk.

If I had someone offer me help and tell me that the person is a licensed professional Nurse, I myself would consider myself lucky. An RN is easily traceable with the State Board, these days Fingerprinting is required for renewal of license even. An RN is accountable by profession more so then ever as the regulatory agencies have tightened their rules and regulations and the scope of practice to infinitum. Does that spill over into the private sector, you bet. I am constantly in protecting my license mode .

When I first learned about Lynn's husband expressing that 'I am a stranger', my own past married life flashed before my eyes and recalled my social isolation when even a trip to the grocery store had to be explained over and over again. I could work for 16 hours and could have been in Timbuktoo *sp). that was just fine with him.

That is the past and now I have regained my powers of being an independent and strong woman which is more my nature. I have befriended likewise strong woman were they just tell their husband, bye, I am flying off to Paris on a shopping spree. Having been a worlwide traveler myself, I have a different perspective on life in many ways, to me, : Central California is just down the street for example.

I realize it is up to Lynn to work it out with her husband, as Rush pointed out so well, he is not the one communicating with the group on a day to day basis. Whatever his reasons of thinking of me as a stranger is valid because it is his belief regardless of logical deduction by others.

I just checked out alternate transporation for Lynn, willing to send her money via Western Union if that would help to aleviate concerns, but not even Greyhound goes from Ceres, Modesto yes, then I see no proximal location in the San , Palo Alto area as a destination, well I checked to make sure. I mean if her husband knows of a friend or family member with a car, i pay for the gas if that helps.

If not, Tuesday it is I am on my way. i want this over with now, I want Lynn's veins tapped for these important blood tests, she has such a past medical history and I just do not want her to miss out, period, No angel here, no self gratification motives, just me on a mission and think of it as another work assignment. I have to pass the Trust test every day over and over again, now for decades. I hook patients up to a machine and process lots of their blood etc, do they, these patients, family members, hospital staff have blind faith initially, you bet, nothing is more rewarding to gain their trust and confidence with subsequent treatments, establishing quite a bond. I truly like my job. It is all about the Human Psyche in any event. ( Oh, Yeah now the buggy life threw me a curve ball, Man oh Man what a life now. )

Ok, that is it, I am done. thanks ALL for your input, I have learned a lot.

marguerite

From: torpedolynn <no_reply >Subject: Re: CFS, study ..Will try againbird mitesDate: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 2:48 PM

Very cool Rose. Can they switch the date for the 6th?? Be nice if us gals could meet up. In Light Lynn>> Hi ,Just got in this morning...Jane called...I'm on july 8th at 11 am...Thank You so much Margerite,Marie and everyone for Your support!!!!! !!!!

Guest guest

A very very good explanation dear Marguerite. You are quite an intelligent and wonderful writer and I think people can know other people by their writing. I love to write too and used to do journaling for years. I know myself very well as a result, from recording dreams and doing years of psychotherapy and writing... and I mean years. So thank you for the insights into yourself and your past history. Ultimately we are all responsible for our thoughts and actions. Lynn is having trouble right now with , I don't know why, but I know she plans on going with you, so she will be ready for you. I shared with her last night late when I couldn't sleep, and she was up on the computer, that I made a dear friend with Morgellons -- she and I drove a very long distance to meet each other and we met on the internet. I think we will be friends for life and we still meet up when we can. We do appreciate each other and your willingness to go out a limb, and even for the rest of us who got into the study. I'm excited and grateful. My blood draw is Thursday.Love to all, Re: CFS, study ..Will try againbird mitesDate: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 2:48 PM

Guest guest

I so relate Rose. I think most of us are pretty co-dependent. I went to CoDa for a long time--much better than I used to be, but still have to work on it somewhat actively at times. A close friend of mine called the other day, another RN and used to be psychotherapist until she got severe CFS and MCS - there is a theory that CFS can be really helped by EFT; there is a new book written (don't have the name as yet) - using EFT to help heal past trauma. The author of that books claims that people with CFS have deep early childhood trauma... I don't know if this is uniformly true, but it has been in my case and hers, but anyway, she and I are going to work together on this... it can only help.Love to all, Re: CFS, study ..Will try againbird mitesDate: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 2:48 PM

Guest guest

In building friendships we can't run away from conflict! So love each other and enjoy the ride... it WILL be okay! Moving through any of these feelings makes friendship stronger. Re: strangers

Hi MargueriteI wished I had called you today. I am sorry if I somehow seem unapreciative. I thought we had cleared the one line statement privately in e-mails before comming back here and finding a whole slew of subject matter on the board. I don't mind others knowing, but get the impression I have not been successful at letting you know durring the e-mails that I really want to go with you. I am excited But crushed that you seem a bit upset. I had opened my big mouth and said my husband had asked about me going off with a perfect stranger. I was out of line sharing his concern. I guess I took it for granted it would be common knowledge that he does not know anyone here and you all are strangers to him. I am okay with going off on the road trip and feel beside myself for the help of getting there and finally getting to meet with one of my forum friends. If I have scared you off I am sorry and if you feel a need to back away I will do my best not to question that. Again sorry I failed durring the e-mails to let you know that I was wanting to go and had thought I thanked you and sorry I opened my mouth about my husband. My mouth is one of my biggest down falls. Please forgive me and sorry you felt compelled to go out and air this out. I feel a bit weepy about the outcome of our e-mails and will stop here. I kept the e-mails if you need to reread them to see that I truely am thankful and wished to go on this road trip. I can not do a bus trip. It would cripple me up. Even the car trip will cripple me up some. I have no one else to take me down that way. Thank you Marguerite for helping me get excepted into the study. Hope things can turn out okay for you.In Light Lynn>> Thanks, ;>  > This is my last posting on this subject as I am growing tired of dominating the board on this subject. It is a valid debatable subject and the group's input is appreciated.>  > In the past and with Frito's suggestion, we agreed that in regards to transfering any of our bugs that the benefit outweigh the risk.>  > If I had someone offer me help and tell me that the person is a licensed professional Nurse, I myself would consider myself lucky. An RN is easily traceable with the State Board, these days Fingerprinting is required for renewal of license even. An RN is accountable by profession more so then ever as the regulatory agencies have tightened their rules and regulations and the scope of practice to infinitum. Does that spill over into the private sector, you bet. I am constantly in protecting my license mode . >  > When I first learned about Lynn's husband expressing that 'I am a stranger', my own past married life flashed before my eyes and recalled my social isolation when even a trip to the grocery store had to be explained over and over again. I could work for 16 hours and could have been in Timbuktoo *sp). that was just fine with him. >  That is the past and now I have regained my powers of being an independent and strong woman which is more my nature. I have befriended likewise strong woman were they just tell their husband, bye, I am flying off to Paris on a shopping spree. Having been a worlwide traveler myself, I have a different perspective on life in many ways, to me, : Central California is just down the street for example. >  > I realize it is up to Lynn to work it out with her husband, as Rush pointed out so well, he is not the one communicating with the group on a day to day basis. Whatever his reasons of thinking of me as a stranger is valid because it is his belief regardless of logical deduction by others.>  > I just checked out alternate transporation for Lynn, willing to send her money via Western Union if that would help to aleviate concerns, but not even Greyhound goes from Ceres, Modesto yes, then I see no proximal location in the San , Palo Alto area as a destination, well I checked to make sure. I mean if her husband knows of a friend or family member with a car, i pay for the gas if that helps. >  > If not, Tuesday it is I am on my way. i want this over with now, I want Lynn's veins tapped for these important blood tests, she has such a past medical history and I just do not want her to miss out, period, No angel here, no self gratification motives, just me on a mission and think of it as another work assignment. I have to pass the Trust test every day over and over again, now for decades. I hook patients up to a machine and process lots of their blood etc, do they, these patients, family members, hospital staff have blind faith initially, you bet, nothing is more rewarding to gain their trust and confidence with subsequent treatments, establishing quite a bond.  I truly like my job. It is all about the Human Psyche in any event. ( Oh, Yeah now the buggy life threw me a curve ball, Man oh Man what a life now. )>  > Ok, that is it, I am done. thanks ALL for your input, I have learned a lot. >  > marguerite

Guest guest

It'll be fine Lynn. I think so much gets lost in email or text. I have no doubt had you two girls had the same conversation face to face there wouldn't have been a misunderstanding. I have had my feelings hurt by text messages that weren't at all intended the way I took them and I would have know that had it been in person. I hope yall have a Happy 4th!! I'm excited about your upcoming trip!Sent from my iPhoneOn Jul 4, 2010, at 1:42 AM, "Lynn" <torpedolynn@...> wrote:

Thank you

Yes I still want to do that. Meet Marguerite and go on the road trip. I really was looking forward to that part of it more than getting the blood drawn. I am just backing off a little in case she feels the situation calls for it. Hope not though. Tuesdays right around the corner and I can hardly wait.

In Light Lynn

>

>

> >

>

>

> > Thanks, ;

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > This is my last posting on this subject as I am growing tired of dominating the board on this subject. It is a valid debatable subject and the group's input is appreciated.

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > In the past and with Frito's suggestion, we agreed that in regards to transfering any of our bugs that the benefit outweigh the risk.

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > If I had someone offer me help and tell me that the person is a licensed professional Nurse, I myself would consider myself lucky. An RN is easily traceable with the State Board, these days Fingerprinting is required for renewal of license even. An RN is accountable by profession more so then ever as the regulatory agencies have tightened their rules and regulations and the scope of practice to infinitum. Does that spill over into the private sector, you bet. I am constantly in protecting my license mode .

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > When I first learned about Lynn's husband expressing that 'I am a stranger', my own past married life flashed before my eyes and recalled my social isolation when even a trip to the grocery store had to be explained over and over again. I could work for 16 hours and could have been in Timbuktoo *sp). that was just fine with him.

>

>

> >  That is the past and now I have regained my powers of being an independent and strong woman which is more my nature. I have befriended likewise strong woman were they just tell their husband, bye, I am flying off to Paris on a shopping spree. Having been a worlwide traveler myself, I have a different perspective on life in many ways, to me, : Central California is just down the street for example.

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > I realize it is up to Lynn to work it out with her husband, as Rush pointed out so well, he is not the one communicating with the group on a day to day basis. Whatever his reasons of thinking of me as a stranger is valid because it is his belief regardless of logical deduction by others.

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > I just checked out alternate transporation for Lynn, willing to send her money via Western Union if that would help to aleviate concerns, but not even Greyhound goes from Ceres, Modesto yes, then I see no proximal location in the San , Palo Alto area as a destination, well I checked to make sure. I mean if her husband knows of a friend or family member with a car, i pay for the gas if that helps.

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > If not, Tuesday it is I am on my way. i want this over with now, I want Lynn's veins tapped for these important blood tests, she has such a past medical history and I just do not want her to miss out, period, No angel here, no self gratification motives, just me on a mission and think of it as another work assignment. I have to pass the Trust test every day over and over again, now for decades. I hook patients up to a machine and process lots of their blood etc, do they, these patients, family members, hospital staff have blind faith initially, you bet, nothing is more rewarding to gain their trust and confidence with subsequent treatments, establishing quite a bond.  I truly like my job. It is all about the Human Psyche in any event. ( Oh, Yeah now the buggy life threw me a curve ball, Man oh Man what a life now. )

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > Ok, that is it, I am done. thanks ALL for your input, I have learned a lot.

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > marguerite

>

Reply to sender |

Reply to group |

Reply via web post |

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic

(159)

Recent Activity:

New Members

New Files

Visit Your Group

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Toolbar now.

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

Guest guest

That rings so true.I do have definite childhood trauma.I feel now a bit like a fish out of water without the ability to run around,exhaust myself and take care of everyone.I attract very needy people to me.(men not women)The other thing that kicks my fanny a tad is that I have Compassion leaking.I feel others pain too much.Somedays I think I need to write a list of 20 things I am going to do for myself to retrain myself toward self-care.I enjoy the intimacy We have had on this board.Love,RoseFrom: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...>bird mites Sent: Sat, July 3, 2010 11:33:58 PMSubject: Re: strangers

I so relate Rose. I think most of us are pretty co-dependent. I went to CoDa for a long time--much better than I used to be, but still have to work on it somewhat actively at times. A close friend of mine called the other day, another RN and used to be psychotherapist until she got severe CFS and MCS - there is a theory that CFS can be really helped by EFT; there is a new book written (don't have the name as yet) - using EFT to help heal past trauma. The author of that books claims that people with CFS have deep early childhood trauma... I don't know if this is uniformly true, but it has been in my case and hers, but anyway, she and I are going to work together on this... it can only help.Love to all, Re: CFS, study ..Will try againbird mitesDate: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 2:48 PM

Guest guest

I Love you Lynn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RoseFrom: Lynn <torpedolynn@...>bird mites Sent: Sat, July 3, 2010 11:42:43 PMSubject: Re: strangers

Thank you

Yes I still want to do that. Meet Marguerite and go on the road trip. I really was looking forward to that part of it more than getting the blood drawn. I am just backing off a little in case she feels the situation calls for it. Hope not though. Tuesdays right around the corner and I can hardly wait.

In Light Lynn

>

>

> >

>

>

> > Thanks, ;

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > This is my last posting on this subject as I am growing tired of dominating the board on this subject. It is a valid debatable subject and the group's input is appreciated.

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > In the past and with Frito's suggestion, we agreed that in regards to transfering any of our bugs that the benefit outweigh the risk.

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > If I had someone offer me help and tell me that the person is a licensed professional Nurse, I myself would consider myself lucky. An RN is easily traceable with the State Board, these days Fingerprinting is required for renewal of license even. An RN is accountable by profession more so then ever as the regulatory agencies have tightened their rules and regulations and the scope of practice to infinitum. Does that spill over into the private sector, you bet. I am constantly in protecting my license mode .

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > When I first learned about Lynn's husband expressing that 'I am a stranger', my own past married life flashed before my eyes and recalled my social isolation when even a trip to the grocery store had to be explained over and over again. I could work for 16 hours and could have been in Timbuktoo *sp). that was just fine with him.

>

>

> >  That is the past and now I have regained my powers of being an independent and strong woman which is more my nature. I have befriended likewise strong woman were they just tell their husband, bye, I am flying off to Paris on a shopping spree. Having been a worlwide traveler myself, I have a different perspective on life in many ways, to me, : Central California is just down the street for example.

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > I realize it is up to Lynn to work it out with her husband, as Rush pointed out so well, he is not the one communicating with the group on a day to day basis. Whatever his reasons of thinking of me as a stranger is valid because it is his belief regardless of logical deduction by others.

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > I just checked out alternate transporation for Lynn, willing to send her money via Western Union if that would help to aleviate concerns, but not even Greyhound goes from Ceres, Modesto yes, then I see no proximal location in the San , Palo Alto area as a destination, well I checked to make sure. I mean if her husband knows of a friend or family member with a car, i pay for the gas if that helps.

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > If not, Tuesday it is I am on my way. i want this over with now, I want Lynn's veins tapped for these important blood tests, she has such a past medical history and I just do not want her to miss out, period, No angel here, no self gratification motives, just me on a mission and think of it as another work assignment. I have to pass the Trust test every day over and over again, now for decades. I hook patients up to a machine and process lots of their blood etc, do they, these patients, family members, hospital staff have blind faith initially, you bet, nothing is more rewarding to gain their trust and confidence with subsequent treatments, establishing quite a bond.  I truly like my job. It is all about the Human Psyche in any event. ( Oh, Yeah now the buggy life threw me a curve ball, Man oh Man what a life now. )

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > Ok, that is it, I am done. thanks ALL for your input, I have learned a lot.

>

>

> > Â

>

>

> > marguerite

>

Guest guest

Dear Lynn,,, I chose the public forum on purpose. I want all to know about pre trip thoughts and concerns and any possible post trip consequences.

As more people know about this, less 'strange' I seem and to keep secrecy out.

I do not even consider myself that close to you in comparison to other group members, so just because of this fact I want 'them' to know' and value and need their input.

This blood test cost thousands of dollars and the list is so comprehenisve and I do not want you to miss out, period, I am done.

I will go to Whole Foods and pack a picnic/car basket, let me know what you like to snack on, if not I will surprise you. I got a cooler too. Got to get my own Cohiba though, sorry, youu are too sweet but I am picky about Cohiba. LOL.

Will get my car cleaned and detailed and get you special OR drapes for your car seat in addition to the plastic.

Tell you husband to take a picture of my lic plate when I pick you up. I can not send a picture ID over the internet to anyone, sorry. Thought about it. Make sure you carry your cell phone to update him of your safety during your car trip.

It will be fine......

Marguerite

From: Lynn <torpedolynn@...>Subject: Re: strangersbird mites Date: Saturday, July 3, 2010, 11:10 PM

Hi MargueriteI wished I had called you today. I am sorry if I somehow seem unapreciative. I thought we had cleared the one line statement privately in e-mails before comming back here and finding a whole slew of subject matter on the board. I don't mind others knowing, but get the impression I have not been successful at letting you know durring the e-mails that I really want to go with you. I am excited But crushed that you seem a bit upset. I had opened my big mouth and said my husband had asked about me going off with a perfect stranger. I was out of line sharing his concern. I guess I took it for granted it would be common knowledge that he does not know anyone here and you all are strangers to him. I am okay with going off on the road trip and feel beside myself for the help of getting there and finally getting to meet with one of my forum friends. If I have scared you off I am sorry and if you feel a need to back away I

will do my best not to question that. Again sorry I failed durring the e-mails to let you know that I was wanting to go and had thought I thanked you and sorry I opened my mouth about my husband. My mouth is one of my biggest down falls. Please forgive me and sorry you felt compelled to go out and air this out. I feel a bit weepy about the outcome of our e-mails and will stop here. I kept the e-mails if you need to reread them to see that I truely am thankful and wished to go on this road trip. I can not do a bus trip. It would cripple me up. Even the car trip will cripple me up some. I have no one else to take me down that way. Thank you Marguerite for helping me get excepted into the study. Hope things can turn out okay for you.In Light Lynn>> Thanks, ;> Â > This is my last posting on this subject as I am growing tired of dominating the board on this subject. It is a valid debatable subject and the group's input is appreciated.> Â > In the past and with Frito's suggestion, we agreed that in regards to transfering any of our bugs that the benefit outweigh the risk.> Â > If I had someone offer me help and tell me that the person is a licensed professional Nurse, I myself would consider myself lucky. An RN is easily traceable with the State Board, these days Fingerprinting is required for renewal of license even. An RN is accountable by profession more so then ever as the regulatory agencies have tightened their rules and regulations and the scope of practice to infinitum. Does that spill

over into the private sector, you bet. I am constantly in protecting my license mode . >  > When I first learned about Lynn's husband expressing that 'I am a stranger', my own past married life flashed before my eyes and recalled my social isolation when even a trip to the grocery store had to be explained over and over again. I could work for 16 hours and could have been in Timbuktoo *sp). that was just fine with him. >  That is the past and now I have regained my powers of being an independent and strong woman which is more my nature. I have befriended likewise strong woman were they just tell their husband, bye, I am flying off to Paris on a shopping spree. Having been a worlwide traveler myself, I have a different perspective on life in many ways, to me, : Central California is just down the street for example. >  > I realize it is up to Lynn to work it out with her

husband, as Rush pointed out so well, he is not the one communicating with the group on a day to day basis. Whatever his reasons of thinking of me as a stranger is valid because it is his belief regardless of logical deduction by others.>  > I just checked out alternate transporation for Lynn, willing to send her money via Western Union if that would help to aleviate concerns, but not even Greyhound goes from Ceres, Modesto yes, then I see no proximal location in the San , Palo Alto area as a destination, well I checked to make sure. I mean if her husband knows of a friend or family member with a car, i pay for the gas if that helps. >  > If not, Tuesday it is I am on my way. i want this over with now, I want Lynn's veins tapped for these important blood tests, she has such a past medical history and I just do not want her to miss out, period, No angel here, no self gratification motives, just me on

a mission and think of it as another work assignment. I have to pass the Trust test every day over and over again, now for decades. I hook patients up to a machine and process lots of their blood etc, do they, these patients, family members, hospital staff have blind faith initially, you bet, nothing is more rewarding to gain their trust and confidence with subsequent treatments, establishing quite a bond.  I truly like my job. It is all about the Human Psyche in any event. ( Oh, Yeah now the buggy life threw me a curve ball, Man oh Man what a life now. )>  > Ok, that is it, I am done. thanks ALL for your input, I have learned a lot. >  > marguerite

Guest guest

All good ideas Marguerite. I would use the large plastic garbage bags over your seat for Lynn. We used to do this for my old father-in-law when we had active stuff on our bodies. He never got a thing from our car. I'd cover the back separately and then one bag for the seat itself. Sprayed with ammonia water or Windex before he got in too on the rug. Just an idea. Re: strangersbird mites Date: Saturday, July 3, 2010, 11:10 PM

Hi MargueriteI wished I had called you today. I am sorry if I somehow seem unapreciative. I thought we had cleared the one line statement privately in e-mails before comming back here and finding a whole slew of subject matter on the board. I don't mind others knowing, but get the impression I have not been successful at letting you know durring the e-mails that I really want to go with you. I am excited But crushed that you seem a bit upset. I had opened my big mouth and said my husband had asked about me going off with a perfect stranger. I was out of line sharing his concern. I guess I took it for granted it would be common knowledge that he does not know anyone here and you all are strangers to him. I am okay with going off on the road trip and feel beside myself for the help of getting there and finally getting to meet with one of my forum friends. If I have scared you off I am sorry and if you feel a need to back away Iwill do my best not to question that. Again sorry I failed durring the e-mails to let you know that I was wanting to go and had thought I thanked you and sorry I opened my mouth about my husband. My mouth is one of my biggest down falls. Please forgive me and sorry you felt compelled to go out and air this out. I feel a bit weepy about the outcome of our e-mails and will stop here. I kept the e-mails if you need to reread them to see that I truely am thankful and wished to go on this road trip. I can not do a bus trip. It would cripple me up. Even the car trip will cripple me up some. I have no one else to take me down that way. Thank you Marguerite for helping me get excepted into the study. Hope things can turn out okay for you.In Light Lynn>> Thanks, ;>  > This is my last posting on this subject as I am growing tired of dominating the board on this subject. It is a valid debatable subject and the group's input is appreciated.>  > In the past and with Frito's suggestion, we agreed that in regards to transfering any of our bugs that the benefit outweigh the risk.>  > If I had someone offer me help and tell me that the person is a licensed professional Nurse, I myself would consider myself lucky. An RN is easily traceable with the State Board, these days Fingerprinting is required for renewal of license even. An RN is accountable by profession more so then ever as the regulatory agencies have tightened their rules and regulations and the scope of practice to infinitum. Does that spillover into the private sector, you bet. I am constantly in protecting my license mode . >  > When I first learned about Lynn's husband expressing that 'I am a stranger', my own past married life flashed before my eyes and recalled my social isolation when even a trip to the grocery store had to be explained over and over again. I could work for 16 hours and could have been in Timbuktoo *sp). that was just fine with him. >  That is the past and now I have regained my powers of being an independent and strong woman which is more my nature. I have befriended likewise strong woman were they just tell their husband, bye, I am flying off to Paris on a shopping spree. Having been a worlwide traveler myself, I have a different perspective on life in many ways, to me, : Central California is just down the street for example. >  > I realize it is up to Lynn to work it out with herhusband, as Rush pointed out so well, he is not the one communicating with the group on a day to day basis. Whatever his reasons of thinking of me as a stranger is valid because it is his belief regardless of logical deduction by others.>  > I just checked out alternate transporation for Lynn, willing to send her money via Western Union if that would help to aleviate concerns, but not even Greyhound goes from Ceres, Modesto yes, then I see no proximal location in the San , Palo Alto area as a destination, well I checked to make sure. I mean if her husband knows of a friend or family member with a car, i pay for the gas if that helps. >  > If not, Tuesday it is I am on my way. i want this over with now, I want Lynn's veins tapped for these important blood tests, she has such a past medical history and I just do not want her to miss out, period, No angel here, no self gratification motives, just me ona mission and think of it as another work assignment. I have to pass the Trust test every day over and over again, now for decades. I hook patients up to a machine and process lots of their blood etc, do they, these patients, family members, hospital staff have blind faith initially, you bet, nothing is more rewarding to gain their trust and confidence with subsequent treatments, establishing quite a bond.  I truly like my job. It is all about the Human Psyche in any event. ( Oh, Yeah now the buggy life threw me a curve ball, Man oh Man what a life now. )>  > Ok, that is it, I am done. thanks ALL for your input, I have learned a lot. >  > marguerite

Guest guest

Wow, you write a long email. Well said and note taken.

I have no more energy to debate any longer.

I thought your husband's remark was right on target, one should be careful and that made me rethink about the reality and I felt your friends here needed to be in on this for your own peace of mind. I am glad you have your own circle of friends on facebook.

No, the clinical research building is in a lovely country site far away from the University campus and it is only a few feet to the main door.

Bring all your assist devices you think you need. My car seat reclines and has a build in massager and warmer if you like. How much water are going to chug down, dear...........planning on a non-stop trip, LOL............less then two hour drive. I am going to take the /Manteca route and will call you about 30 minutes before my ETA.

I try to stay away from the slow high ways if I can. Did I tell you that I drive SF to LA all the time, my friends and my daughter are in LA.

We will have fun just communicate upfront with me, I can take it, I heard it all, seen it all and have my priorities these days. Your comfort and safety is important to me.

Marguerite

From: Lynn <torpedolynn@...>Subject: Re: strangersbird mites Date: Monday, July 5, 2010, 1:31 PM

Thank you MargueriteI am glad you did not back down out of the trip. My husband only said the one statement one time to me and not a word sense. It was my big mouth at repeating it to you that set this all off. He does not do online stuff so he had no idea of this whole mess till I was crying looking for another ride. Even then I did not tell him any details. Just that there was a difference in opinion and I might not had a ride. He never asked for proof of who you are and I did NOT ask for proof of who you are either. Sorry but I do not know whare you got that idea from. I like you very much but think you went way over board over a one line statement I made. So sorry you are having such a bad time with this. These dang bugs drive us batty. So calm down its not as bad as you think. If you really think about it. You are a stranger to my husband and he made a common statement anyone would make. It was my big mouth repeating it to you

and not realizing it would blow up into something that it is not. Really I am confused and flabbergasted that out of the one small statement you thought you had to prove who you are, go on about how someone should appreciate your status as a nurse and the help you are giving, and saying things like take a photo of the liscense plate. Personnally I don't care if you are a nurse. You could be a garbage collector. I excited over meeting you. A cigar smoker who shares info on this board. I think we could have great fun. Just wish I could understand why everything got blown out of porportion. I don't even care if you shared it with the board. Its just that you made it seem I was making you prove who you are when I never asked you too and that I was unapprecative which I really am. Crushed a little that it all got so bent into something it truely is not. So really I don't mind the board hearing you out. But they also need to know that I did NOT ever

once ask you to prove who you are nor did my husband. And that I truely AM greatful. What a shame you read the e-mail wrong and it all went in this direction. BUT we will overcome. Have a laugh or two about it in the near future. You wait and see. I will find a way for us to have a good laugh over it some day. If not than I will owe you for the lack of laugh. lol. One more thing. I did not even realize you were a nurse until you sent your personnal id stuff to me. I was so excited about the photo that I sent pics back. Marguerite you blew this all out of portion, but I still think you are a cool gal and one of the nicest people. If I thought you were being mean then I would not be comming across this way. I have no problem yelling peoples head off that I think are mean. So when you read this make sure you Pay extra attention to the nice things I am telling you and that its partly my fault for opening my big mouth about what dear hubby said one

time to me. Okay??Now on to more pleasent stuff. Im a fish. Water is all I need. lol but you can surprize me. I will bring a big thermo jug that holds a couple quarts of water. Purified from my brita filter. I think I will put all my herbs in zip locks and brown bag them in one of those small ice cream bags. Leave my purse behind. Less things to worry about that way. I will be bringing my handicap sign so we can park up close. Not sure how good I will walk after the drive. At the lab will I need to walk a ways? I am debating on bringing my walking cane. I have a walker and a wheel chair, but I have not needed to use those in a long time. Last time was May of last year when we went to a Celtic fair. We took my wheel chair so I could make it through a whole day. Mareurite we have some things in common and think we can get along famously. We both whare our hearts on our sleeves. We both like the road and cigars. With that under our belts we

will be just fine. I am all geared up and ready. Please let me know if I can try to provide anything. Music? What kind?In Light Lynn>> Dear Lynn,,, I chose the public forum on purpose. I want all to know about pre trip thoughts and concerns and any possible post trip consequences. > Â > As more people know about this, less 'strange' I seem and to keep secrecy out.> Â > I do not even consider myself that close to you in comparison to other group members, so just because of this fact I want 'them' to know' and value and need their input.> Â > This blood test cost thousands of dollars and the list is so comprehenisve and I

do not want you to miss out, period, I am done.>  > I will go to Whole Foods and pack a picnic/car basket, let me know what you like to snack on, if not I will surprise you. I got a cooler too. Got to get my own Cohiba though, sorry, youu are too sweet but I am picky about Cohiba. LOL.>  > Will get my car cleaned and detailed and get you special OR drapes for your car seat in addition to the plastic.>  > Tell you husband to take a picture of my lic plate when I pick you up. I can not send a picture ID over the internet to anyone, sorry. Thought about it. Make sure you carry your cell phone to update him of your safety during your car trip. >  > It will be fine......>  > Marguerite>

Guest guest

Oooooo how I wish I could go too. Hell, if there wasn't enough room in the car, you could tie on her wheelchair to the back bumper and I would ride in that. My day will come to. Enjoy the trip you guys!!!

Frito

From: Marguerite <gentlebaybreeze2@...>bird mites Sent: Mon, July 5, 2010 9:14:31 PMSubject: Re: Re: strangers

Wow, you write a long email. Well said and note taken.

I have no more energy to debate any longer.

I thought your husband's remark was right on target, one should be careful and that made me rethink about the reality and I felt your friends here needed to be in on this for your own peace of mind. I am glad you have your own circle of friends on facebook.

No, the clinical research building is in a lovely country site far away from the University campus and it is only a few feet to the main door.

Bring all your assist devices you think you need. My car seat reclines and has a build in massager and warmer if you like. How much water are going to chug down, dear........ ...planning on a non-stop trip, LOL......... ...less then two hour drive. I am going to take the /Manteca route and will call you about 30 minutes before my ETA.

I try to stay away from the slow high ways if I can. Did I tell you that I drive SF to LA all the time, my friends and my daughter are in LA.

We will have fun just communicate upfront with me, I can take it, I heard it all, seen it all and have my priorities these days. Your comfort and safety is important to me.

Marguerite

From: Lynn <torpedolynn>Subject: Re: strangersbird mitesDate: Monday, July 5, 2010, 1:31 PM

Thank you MargueriteI am glad you did not back down out of the trip. My husband only said the one statement one time to me and not a word sense. It was my big mouth at repeating it to you that set this all off. He does not do online stuff so he had no idea of this whole mess till I was crying looking for another ride. Even then I did not tell him any details. Just that there was a difference in opinion and I might not had a ride. He never asked for proof of who you are and I did NOT ask for proof of who you are either. Sorry but I do not know whare you got that idea from. I like you very much but think you went way over board over a one line statement I made. So sorry you are having such a bad time with this. These dang bugs drive us batty. So calm down its not as bad as you think. If you really think about it. You are a stranger to my husband and he made a common statement anyone would make. It was my big mouth repeating it to you

and not realizing it would blow up into something that it is not. Really I am confused and flabbergasted that out of the one small statement you thought you had to prove who you are, go on about how someone should appreciate your status as a nurse and the help you are giving, and saying things like take a photo of the liscense plate. Personnally I don't care if you are a nurse. You could be a garbage collector. I excited over meeting you. A cigar smoker who shares info on this board. I think we could have great fun. Just wish I could understand why everything got blown out of porportion. I don't even care if you shared it with the board. Its just that you made it seem I was making you prove who you are when I never asked you too and that I was unapprecative which I really am. Crushed a little that it all got so bent into something it truely is not. So really I don't mind the board hearing you out. But they also need to know that I did NOT ever

once ask you to prove who you are nor did my husband. And that I truely AM greatful. What a shame you read the e-mail wrong and it all went in this direction. BUT we will overcome. Have a laugh or two about it in the near future. You wait and see. I will find a way for us to have a good laugh over it some day. If not than I will owe you for the lack of laugh. lol. One more thing. I did not even realize you were a nurse until you sent your personnal id stuff to me. I was so excited about the photo that I sent pics back. Marguerite you blew this all out of portion, but I still think you are a cool gal and one of the nicest people. If I thought you were being mean then I would not be comming across this way. I have no problem yelling peoples head off that I think are mean. So when you read this make sure you Pay extra attention to the nice things I am telling you and that its partly my fault for opening my big mouth about what dear hubby said one

time to me. Okay??Now on to more pleasent stuff. Im a fish. Water is all I need. lol but you can surprize me. I will bring a big thermo jug that holds a couple quarts of water. Purified from my brita filter. I think I will put all my herbs in zip locks and brown bag them in one of those small ice cream bags. Leave my purse behind. Less things to worry about that way. I will be bringing my handicap sign so we can park up close. Not sure how good I will walk after the drive. At the lab will I need to walk a ways? I am debating on bringing my walking cane. I have a walker and a wheel chair, but I have not needed to use those in a long time. Last time was May of last year when we went to a Celtic fair. We took my wheel chair so I could make it through a whole day. Mareurite we have some things in common and think we can get along famously. We both whare our hearts on our sleeves. We both like the road and cigars. With that under our belts we

will be just fine. I am all geared up and ready. Please let me know if I can try to provide anything. Music? What kind?In Light Lynn>> Dear Lynn,,, I chose the public forum on purpose. I want all to know about pre trip thoughts and concerns and any possible post trip consequences. > Â > As more people know about this, less 'strange' I seem and to keep secrecy out.> Â > I do not even consider myself that close to you in comparison to other group members, so just because of this fact I want 'them' to know' and value and need their input.> Â > This blood test cost thousands of dollars and the list is so comprehenisve and I do not want you to miss out, period, I am

done.>  > I will go to Whole Foods and pack a picnic/car basket, let me know what you like to snack on, if not I will surprise you. I got a cooler too. Got to get my own Cohiba though, sorry, youu are too sweet but I am picky about Cohiba. LOL.>  > Will get my car cleaned and detailed and get you special OR drapes for your car seat in addition to the plastic.>  > Tell you husband to take a picture of my lic plate when I pick you up. I can not send a picture ID over the internet to anyone, sorry. Thought about it. Make sure you carry your cell phone to update him of your safety during your car trip. >  > It will be fine......>  > Marguerite>

Guest guest

Do you both (Marguerite and Lynn) smoke cigars regularly or just on special occasions? :) heehee -- I still think that it is funny... some pipe smokes smells good depending on the tobacco. Brother smokes a pipe - I love the smell, but then again, I like the smell of gasoline too. This has nothing to do with anything. Have fun tomorrow. Can't wait for Thursday. Rose and I have our appointment times on Thursday! Re: strangersbird mitesDate: Monday, July 5, 2010, 1:31 PM

Thank you MargueriteI am glad you did not back down out of the trip. My husband only said the one statement one time to me and not a word sense. It was my big mouth at repeating it to you that set this all off. He does not do online stuff so he had no idea of this whole mess till I was crying looking for another ride. Even then I did not tell him any details. Just that there was a difference in opinion and I might not had a ride. He never asked for proof of who you are and I did NOT ask for proof of who you are either. Sorry but I do not know whare you got that idea from. I like you very much but think you went way over board over a one line statement I made. So sorry you are having such a bad time with this. These dang bugs drive us batty. So calm down its not as bad as you think. If you really think about it. You are a stranger to my husband and he made a common statement anyone would make. It was my big mouth repeating it to youand not realizing it would blow up into something that it is not. Really I am confused and flabbergasted that out of the one small statement you thought you had to prove who you are, go on about how someone should appreciate your status as a nurse and the help you are giving, and saying things like take a photo of the liscense plate. Personnally I don't care if you are a nurse. You could be a garbage collector. I excited over meeting you. A cigar smoker who shares info on this board. I think we could have great fun. Just wish I could understand why everything got blown out of porportion. I don't even care if you shared it with the board. Its just that you made it seem I was making you prove who you are when I never asked you too and that I was unapprecative which I really am. Crushed a little that it all got so bent into something it truely is not. So really I don't mind the board hearing you out. But they also need to know that I did NOT everonce ask you to prove who you are nor did my husband. And that I truely AM greatful. What a shame you read the e-mail wrong and it all went in this direction. BUT we will overcome. Have a laugh or two about it in the near future. You wait and see. I will find a way for us to have a good laugh over it some day. If not than I will owe you for the lack of laugh. lol. One more thing. I did not even realize you were a nurse until you sent your personnal id stuff to me. I was so excited about the photo that I sent pics back. Marguerite you blew this all out of portion, but I still think you are a cool gal and one of the nicest people. If I thought you were being mean then I would not be comming across this way. I have no problem yelling peoples head off that I think are mean. So when you read this make sure you Pay extra attention to the nice things I am telling you and that its partly my fault for opening my big mouth about what dear hubby said onetime to me. Okay??Now on to more pleasent stuff. Im a fish. Water is all I need. lol but you can surprize me. I will bring a big thermo jug that holds a couple quarts of water. Purified from my brita filter. I think I will put all my herbs in zip locks and brown bag them in one of those small ice cream bags. Leave my purse behind. Less things to worry about that way. I will be bringing my handicap sign so we can park up close. Not sure how good I will walk after the drive. At the lab will I need to walk a ways? I am debating on bringing my walking cane. I have a walker and a wheel chair, but I have not needed to use those in a long time. Last time was May of last year when we went to a Celtic fair. We took my wheel chair so I could make it through a whole day. Mareurite we have some things in common and think we can get along famously. We both whare our hearts on our sleeves. We both like the road and cigars. With that under our belts wewill be just fine. I am all geared up and ready. Please let me know if I can try to provide anything. Music? What kind?In Light Lynn>> Dear Lynn,,, I chose the public forum on purpose. I want all to know about pre trip thoughts and concerns and any possible post trip consequences. >  > As more people know about this, less 'strange' I seem and to keep secrecy out.>  > I do not even consider myself that close to you in comparison to other group members, so just because of this fact I want 'them' to know' and value and need their input.>  > This blood test cost thousands of dollars and the list is so comprehenisve and I do not want you to miss out, period, I amdone.>  > I will go to Whole Foods and pack a picnic/car basket, let me know what you like to snack on, if not I will surprise you. I got a cooler too. Got to get my own Cohiba though, sorry, youu are too sweet but I am picky about Cohiba. LOL.>  > Will get my car cleaned and detailed and get you special OR drapes for your car seat in addition to the plastic.>  > Tell you husband to take a picture of my lic plate when I pick you up. I can not send a picture ID over the internet to anyone, sorry. Thought about it. Make sure you carry your cell phone to update him of your safety during your car trip. >  > It will be fine......>  > Marguerite>

Guest guest

that is funny, Frito and , heeeeh eeeee...

I can only speak for myself about the cigar/cohiba thing: (only cubans for me)

Only on weddings, funerals and taking someone to Stanford for blood tests.

All packed and ready to go..

M

From: Lynn <torpedolynn>Subject: Re: strangersbird mitesDate: Monday, July 5, 2010, 1:31 PM

Thank you MargueriteI am glad you did not back down out of the trip. My husband only said the one statement one time to me and not a word sense. It was my big mouth at repeating it to you that set this all off. He does not do online stuff so he had no idea of this whole mess till I was crying looking for another ride. Even then I did not tell him any details. Just that there was a difference in opinion and I might not had a ride. He never asked for proof of who you are and I did NOT ask for proof of who you are either. Sorry but I do not know whare you got that idea from. I like you very much but think you went way over board over a one line statement I made. So sorry you are having such a bad time with this. These dang bugs drive us batty. So calm down its not as bad as you think. If you really think about it. You are a stranger to my husband and he made a common statement anyone would make. It was my big mouth repeating it to

youand not realizing it would blow up into something that it is not. Really I am confused and flabbergasted that out of the one small statement you thought you had to prove who you are, go on about how someone should appreciate your status as a nurse and the help you are giving, and saying things like take a photo of the liscense plate. Personnally I don't care if you are a nurse. You could be a garbage collector. I excited over meeting you. A cigar smoker who shares info on this board. I think we could have great fun. Just wish I could understand why everything got blown out of porportion. I don't even care if you shared it with the board. Its just that you made it seem I was making you prove who you are when I never asked you too and that I was unapprecative which I really am. Crushed a little that it all got so bent into something it truely is not. So really I don't mind the board hearing you out. But they also need to know that I did

NOT everonce ask you to prove who you are nor did my husband. And that I truely AM greatful. What a shame you read the e-mail wrong and it all went in this direction. BUT we will overcome. Have a laugh or two about it in the near future. You wait and see. I will find a way for us to have a good laugh over it some day. If not than I will owe you for the lack of laugh. lol. One more thing. I did not even realize you were a nurse until you sent your personnal id stuff to me. I was so excited about the photo that I sent pics back. Marguerite you blew this all out of portion, but I still think you are a cool gal and one of the nicest people. If I thought you were being mean then I would not be comming across this way. I have no problem yelling peoples head off that I think are mean. So when you read this make sure you Pay extra attention to the nice things I am telling you and that its partly my fault for opening my big mouth about what dear

hubby said onetime to me. Okay??Now on to more pleasent stuff. Im a fish. Water is all I need. lol but you can surprize me. I will bring a big thermo jug that holds a couple quarts of water. Purified from my brita filter. I think I will put all my herbs in zip locks and brown bag them in one of those small ice cream bags. Leave my purse behind. Less things to worry about that way. I will be bringing my handicap sign so we can park up close. Not sure how good I will walk after the drive. At the lab will I need to walk a ways? I am debating on bringing my walking cane. I have a walker and a wheel chair, but I have not needed to use those in a long time. Last time was May of last year when we went to a Celtic fair. We took my wheel chair so I could make it through a whole day. Mareurite we have some things in common and think we can get along famously. We both whare our hearts on our sleeves. We both like the road and cigars. With

that under our belts wewill be just fine. I am all geared up and ready. Please let me know if I can try to provide anything. Music? What kind?In Light Lynn>> Dear Lynn,,, I chose the public forum on purpose. I want all to know about pre trip thoughts and concerns and any possible post trip consequences. > Â > As more people know about this, less 'strange' I seem and to keep secrecy out.> Â > I do not even consider myself that close to you in comparison to other group members, so just because of this fact I want 'them' to know' and value and need their input.> Â > This blood test cost thousands of dollars and the list is so comprehenisve and I do not want you

to miss out, period, I amdone.>  > I will go to Whole Foods and pack a picnic/car basket, let me know what you like to snack on, if not I will surprise you. I got a cooler too. Got to get my own Cohiba though, sorry, youu are too sweet but I am picky about Cohiba. LOL.>  > Will get my car cleaned and detailed and get you special OR drapes for your car seat in addition to the plastic.>  > Tell you husband to take a picture of my lic plate when I pick you up. I can not send a picture ID over the internet to anyone, sorry. Thought about it. Make sure you carry your cell phone to update him of your safety during your car trip. >  > It will be fine......>  > Marguerite>