RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: Ready to quit

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks, Joyce. You know, when I

wrote about quitting, I thought of you. That’s why I said I didn’t

want to discourage anyone just starting out.

I think we all know basically what may be

ahead of us when we start tx. The reward of a healthier life should be

all the incentive we need to fight back.

And just expressing my pain, fears, & anxieties

helps ease them. And that’s why we’re all here to help one

another. You don’t need to say any more than what you did and I

thank you.

Dorothy

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of joyceann silva

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008

5:23 PM

To: Hepatitis_C_Central

Subject: RE:

Ready to quit

dorothy,

hang in there!!!!you have been vey good to me and i wish there was something

more i could say....i will keep you in my thoughts.......

Guest guest

Good to see a bit of your sense of humor seeking back through.. Hugs, Sheena Dorothy wrote: I know all of this, ladies. But as we are ALL well aware, it’s a tough nut to crack! I bow to each of you who have done/are doing tx

for a year and particularly to those of you who willingly signed on to do it a SECOND time around!! God bless you. I took my next dose of pain meds and managed to have a little dinner. My other complaint is taste. Man, nothing tastes right at all. I’ve thrown out more food lately! And I am one of those people who eat MORE when they have a cold or are sick. I believe that since I am never satisfied with the food, I continue to look for that satisfaction by eating something else, etc. etc. I think that may be why I tend to go for the sweets now more than ever. I can usually count on pizza and Good Humor Toasted Almond Bars – now, that’s a diet to live for! Dorothy From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:19 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: Ready to quit thats right honey , you wont know until you are done with tx, but since you are so close, it wont

make it stop now if you were to quit.. What Im trying to say is that, you have done tx long enough NOW that it is what it is... so you may as well finish so that you will have a good chance to remain SVR!

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

I haven't started treatment as of yet but it's sure good to see all the support here for Dorothy. I hope you can hang in there Dorothy, as everyone is saying, and complete your course of treatment. MikeDorothy wrote: I know. The rheumatologist comes in at 2 today so I’ll talk to him about remaining on the prednisone. I live alone

& it’s very hard when I have trouble just getting to the bathroom. From:

Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of JanetSent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:03 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: Ready to quit You must finish the whole treatment to get that virus under submisson. It will come back (believe me I know this) if you don't do the whole treatment. I know the RA is bad, I have RA also. But I found that if I got up started moving slowly and kept my joints warm it helped alot. Warm baths,heating blankets,heating pads all helped. Hon, we are with you through this, and full of suggestions for you. Love JanetDorothy <dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: You know, I keep thinking that since I was undetectable at 4 weeks and ever since, maybe I could quit now……… From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of SheenaSent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:01 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: Ready to quit Dorothy, You are so close,, hope you can and will do whatever it takes to see you through, prayers will be steady with you. Many Hugs, Sheena Dorothy <dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: My RA has flared again bad as I reduced the prednisone dose. I could hardly get out of bed this morning. I don’t know how I’ll make it another 6 weeks. My neuropathy is horrendous, I have low back pain, I can’t raise my arms over my head & couldn’t get the cap off the milk container this morning. I know I have to go on, but I don’t know how. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

May I ask why are u on predisone?

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Guest guest

thank you Mike, this is what we do and we WILL be here for you as well! m human wrote: I haven't started treatment as of yet but it's sure good to see all the support here for Dorothy. I hope you can hang in there Dorothy, as everyone is saying, and complete your course of treatment. MikeDorothy <dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: I know. The rheumatologist comes in at 2 today so I’ll talk to him about remaining on the prednisone. I live alone & it’s very hard when I have trouble just getting to the bathroom. From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of JanetSent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:03 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: Ready to quit You must finish the whole treatment to get that virus under submisson. It will come back (believe me I know this) if you don't do the whole treatment. I

know the RA is bad, I have RA also. But I found that if I got up started moving slowly and kept my joints warm it helped alot. Warm baths,heating blankets,heating pads all helped. Hon, we are with you through this, and full of suggestions for you. Love JanetDorothy <dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: You know, I keep thinking that since I was undetectable at 4 weeks and ever since, maybe I could quit now……… From: Hepatitis_C_Central

[mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of SheenaSent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:01 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: Ready to quit Dorothy, You are so close,, hope you can and will do whatever it

takes to see you through, prayers will be steady with you. Many Hugs, Sheena Dorothy <dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: My RA has flared again bad as I reduced the prednisone dose. I could hardly get out of bed this morning. I don’t know how I’ll make it another 6 weeks. My neuropathy is horrendous, I have low back pain, I can’t raise my arms over my head & couldn’t get the cap off the milk container this morning. I know I have to go on, but I don’t know how. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy

everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Jackie

Guest guest

Dorothy, Hon, if you can get a warming pad to go under your sheets in bed, it can help alot, I have one and I know,, it really helps to keep the muscles and joints warm, and in the morning, if you could upon waking up the first time, take your pain meds and warm up the bed, it can help you get going,, this is the very thing I MUST do each morning in order to get out of bed,, I take my meds before 8 am and it usually takes me until noon to be able to get up,, but the warming pad really helps,, I got a twin size and cut all the elastic off of it because we have a calif king bed and my husband is a very warm sleeper so he doesnt want the heat on his side.. so after cutting off

the elastic edges, I lay it out under my sheet on my side of the bed,, it helps,, really! Dorothy wrote: I know. The rheumatologist comes in at 2 today so I’ll talk to him about remaining on the

prednisone. I live alone & it’s very hard when I have trouble just getting to the bathroom. From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of JanetSent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:03 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: Ready to quit You must finish the whole treatment to get that virus under submisson. It will come back (believe me I know this) if you don't do the whole treatment. I know the RA is bad, I have RA also. But I found that if I got up started moving slowly and kept my joints warm it helped alot. Warm baths,heating blankets,heating pads all helped. Hon, we are with you through this, and full of suggestions for you. Love JanetDorothy <dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: You know, I keep thinking that since I was undetectable at 4 weeks and ever since, maybe I could quit now……… From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of SheenaSent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:01 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: Ready to quit Dorothy, You are so close,, hope you can and will do whatever it takes to see you through, prayers will be steady with you. Many Hugs, Sheena Dorothy <dorvoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: My RA has flared again bad as I reduced the prednisone dose. I could hardly get out of bed this morning. I don’t know how I’ll make it another 6 weeks. My neuropathy is horrendous, I have low back pain, I can’t raise my arms over my head & couldn’t get the cap off the milk container this morning. I know I have to go on, but I don’t know how. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. "There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go" Frederick Faber Jackie

Guest guest

I’ve thought about this too, but

honestly, the hot flashes are also killing me. Sometimes, I can’t even

keep the covers on. Or the covers are on, then off, then on, then off. That’s

assuming my hands don’t hurt and I can even lift them! I figured it

would be a waste of $$$ when I have no income.

I’ve also made sure I wake earlier

than needed to take my meds so that I could get out of bed when needed. I did

that this morning and was able to get up without much trouble. My hands,

wrists and elbows hurt. Of course, the right leg always hurts….

I’m going to take a hot shower now

while I think I can manage washing my hair and then being able to hold the

dryer. I need to go out today for blood work so I’ve got to “clean

myself up” a bit!

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie on

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008

1:13 AM

Ready to quit

Guest guest

I’ve thought about this too, but

honestly, the hot flashes are also killing me. Sometimes, I can’t even

keep the covers on. Or the covers are on, then off, then on, then off. That’s

assuming my hands don’t hurt and I can even lift them! I figured it

would be a waste of $$$ when I have no income.

I’ve also made sure I wake earlier

than needed to take my meds so that I could get out of bed when needed. I did

that this morning and was able to get up without much trouble. My hands,

wrists and elbows hurt. Of course, the right leg always hurts….

I’m going to take a hot shower now

while I think I can manage washing my hair and then being able to hold the

dryer. I need to go out today for blood work so I’ve got to “clean

myself up” a bit!

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie on

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008

1:13 AM

Ready to quit

Guest guest

Rheumatoid arthritis flared so bad that I

could hardly open my hands and needed a walker to get to the bathroom. It was

amazing and within a day or 2, I was up and about. When they decreased the

dose, it started coming back.

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of STEPHANIE COFFEE

11:24 PM

Subject: Re:

Ready to quit

May I ask

why are u on predisone?

Guest guest

From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of STEPHANIE COFFEE

Ready to quit

May I ask

why are u on predisone?

Guest guest

Ready to quit

May I ask

why are u on predisone?

Guest guest

haha,, no Im not laughing AT you, cuz I fight the flashes too, and one min, I have the blankets on and the next, Im throwing them over my husband... but in the morning before I need to get up, THATS when it really helps,, I turn it on low, so its just minimally warm but it does make the difference.. When we were down in Ventura staying in the motel, the bed was very comfy but I DID have more trouble getting out of bed without my warming pad... but now I notice my old dog sleeps across the bottom of the bed below my feet when I have the pad on low,, if I turn it up at all, he moves to the floor, but I think it helps him too, he will be 12 this may.. so he is getting older and slower and the

anti-inflammatories and heat seem to make him feel better... but the flashes,, OH YEAH baby!!! I know what you mean... Dorothy wrote: I’ve thought about this too, but honestly, the hot flashes are also

killing me. Sometimes, I can’t even keep the covers on. Or the covers are on, then off, then on, then off. That’s assuming my hands don’t hurt and I can even lift them! I figured it would be a waste of $$$ when I have no income. I’ve also made sure I wake earlier than needed to take my meds so that I could get out of bed when needed. I did that this morning and was able to get up without much trouble. My hands, wrists and elbows hurt. Of course, the right leg always hurts…. I’m going to take a hot shower now while I think I can manage washing my hair and then being able to hold the dryer. I need to go out today for blood work so I’ve got to “clean myself up” a bit! From:

Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Friday, January 18, 2008 1:13 AMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: RE: Ready to quit Jackie

Guest guest

I found out that i have hep c in 2001 and have been on the treatments once for like 3 months. I have moved to Cincinnati and found me a liver clinic out here. I statrted going there in 2004 and ever since I have been going thee doctor has been talking about putting me on the treatments. This is going on the 4th year since i have seen this doctor and no tx yet. I want to be on the tx as soon as possible so I can get it over with. I found out a few months ago I will be seeing a different liver doctor so when I go back in March to meet this doctor I am hoping he will speed up the process. I do have a question before i start the treatments should I ask the doctor to put me on pain meds?

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I found out that i have hep c in 2001 and have been on the treatments once for like 3 months. I have moved to Cincinnati and found me a liver clinic out here. I statrted going there in 2004 and ever since I have been going thee doctor has been talking about putting me on the treatments. This is going on the 4th year since i have seen this doctor and no tx yet. I want to be on the tx as soon as possible so I can get it over with. I found out a few months ago I will be seeing a different liver doctor so when I go back in March to meet this doctor I am hoping he will speed up the process. I do have a question before i start the treatments should I ask the doctor to put me on pain meds?

Guest guest

I'm supposed to start treatment next Friday ( I'm going to the pharmacy to pick up the meds tomorrow) and I'm wondering what kind of pain meds anyone has had good results with. I have to be careful in this respect as narcotic addiction is sort of what got me into this mess. Thanks, MikeJackie on wrote: No, no pain meds before you start tx.. why would you do that? You will most definately need something for shot day but most dont need more than tylenol for most of the time,, but maybe something stronger on shot day... but that should be it,, STEPHANIE COFFEE <srcoffee142001> wrote: I found out that i have hep c in 2001 and have been on the treatments once for like 3 months. I have moved to Cincinnati and found me a liver clinic out here. I statrted going there in 2004 and ever since I have been

going thee doctor has been talking about putting me on the treatments. This is going on the 4th year since i have seen this doctor and no tx yet. I want to be on the tx as soon as possible so I can get it over with. I found out a few months ago I will be seeing a different liver doctor so when I go back in March to meet this doctor I am hoping he will speed up the process. I do have a question before i start the treatments should I ask the doctor to put me on pain meds? Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Jackie

Guest guest

I'm supposed to start treatment next Friday ( I'm going to the pharmacy to pick up the meds tomorrow) and I'm wondering what kind of pain meds anyone has had good results with. I have to be careful in this respect as narcotic addiction is sort of what got me into this mess. Thanks, MikeJackie on wrote: No, no pain meds before you start tx.. why would you do that? You will most definately need something for shot day but most dont need more than tylenol for most of the time,, but maybe something stronger on shot day... but that should be it,, STEPHANIE COFFEE <srcoffee142001> wrote: I found out that i have hep c in 2001 and have been on the treatments once for like 3 months. I have moved to Cincinnati and found me a liver clinic out here. I statrted going there in 2004 and ever since I have been

going thee doctor has been talking about putting me on the treatments. This is going on the 4th year since i have seen this doctor and no tx yet. I want to be on the tx as soon as possible so I can get it over with. I found out a few months ago I will be seeing a different liver doctor so when I go back in March to meet this doctor I am hoping he will speed up the process. I do have a question before i start the treatments should I ask the doctor to put me on pain meds? Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Jackie

Guest guest

tylenol and advil are still ok for us even with a sick liver unless you have other reasons not to take them.. you can take up to 2000 mg of tylenol per day AND 1600 mg of Advil per day,, you can take them both as they work differently just as long as you dont exceed those totals.. m human wrote: I'm supposed to start treatment next Friday ( I'm going to the pharmacy to pick up the meds tomorrow) and I'm wondering what kind of pain meds anyone has had good results with. I have to be careful in this respect as narcotic addiction is sort of what got me into this mess. Thanks, MikeJackie on <redjaxjm> wrote: No, no pain meds before you start tx.. why would you do that? You will most definately need something for shot day but most dont need more than tylenol for most of the time,, but maybe something stronger on shot day... but that should be it,, STEPHANIE COFFEE <srcoffee142001> wrote: I found out that i have hep c in 2001 and have been on the treatments once for like 3 months. I have moved to Cincinnati and found me a liver clinic out here. I statrted going there in 2004 and ever since I have been going thee doctor has been talking about putting me on the

treatments. This is going on the 4th year since i have seen this doctor and no tx yet. I want to be on the tx as soon as possible so I can get it over with. I found out a few months ago I will be seeing a different liver doctor so when I go back in March to meet this doctor I am hoping he will speed up the process. I do have a question before i start the treatments should I ask the doctor to put me on pain meds? Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Jackie Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it

now. Jackie

Guest guest

wow, glad yr gonna start treatment , if i rember correctly we both have the same type 2,,,anyways i thought that also about paine meds, from all ive read etc,,,,but its not like that at all, i just started also week 2, and needed tylenol the first time and nothing last night...so im amazed and happy, ive all ready been responding to treatment , labs have been gd, m human wrote: I'm supposed to start treatment next Friday ( I'm going to the pharmacy to pick up the meds tomorrow) and I'm wondering what kind of

pain meds anyone has had good results with. I have to be careful in this respect as narcotic addiction is sort of what got me into this mess. Thanks, MikeJackie on <redjaxjm> wrote: No, no pain meds before you start tx.. why would you do that? You will most definately need something for shot day but most dont need more than tylenol for most of the time,, but maybe something stronger on shot day... but that should be it,, STEPHANIE COFFEE <srcoffee142001> wrote: I found out that i have hep c in 2001 and have been on the treatments once for like 3 months. I have moved to Cincinnati and found me a liver clinic out here. I statrted going there in 2004 and ever since I have been going thee doctor has been talking about putting me on the treatments. This is going on the 4th year since i have seen this doctor and no tx yet. I want to be on the tx as soon as possible so I can get it over with. I found out a few months ago I will be seeing a different liver doctor so when I go back in March to meet this doctor I am hoping he will speed up the process. I do have a question before i start the treatments should I ask the doctor to put

me on pain meds? Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Jackie Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

He was waiting on a letter from my therapist stating that I will continue seeing them while i am on the tx. But no matter what she wrote it was not good enough. I suffer from depression so that is why they are waiting for the letter.

Guest guest

I did not mean pain meds before the tx I meant while on the tx. I notice as I am reading some of the peoples inquiry and they talk about being on pain meds.

Guest guest

I wouldn’t assume you will have pain

unless you have some pre-existing condition to cause it. Most people might

have some nausea, flu-like symptoms, etc. Skin problems are common. Insomnia

can also be a problem and that can be treated by a sleep aid such as Ambien. I

was prescribed that about 2 months ago, but have only taken it twice.

Take my advice, take as few prescription

meds as you possibly can.

Dorothy

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008

5:20 PM

Ready to quit

I did not

mean pain meds before the tx I meant while on the tx. I notice as I am reading

some of the peoples inquiry and they talk about being on pain meds.

Guest guest

I didnt know if you did, certainly didnt think so but wanted to make sure,, Almost nearly everyone needs to take some sort of pain med while on tx to reduce the fevers and body aches but most can handle it with tylenol and or advil,, Most ppl when they have those flu like symptoms, they DO include fever, and body aches that are caused by the interferon,, STEPHANIE COFFEE wrote: I did not mean pain meds before the tx I meant while on the tx. I notice as I am reading some of the peoples inquiry and they talk about being on pain meds. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Jackie

Guest guest

Interferon Tx depletes the Seretonin in our brains so you 'may' need to take an antidepressant or up the dose if you are already on one,, I was and we upped my dose and it worked great for me,, my depression did not get worse from tx.. STEPHANIE COFFEE wrote: He was waiting on a letter from my therapist stating that I will continue seeing them while i am on the tx. But no matter what she wrote it was not good enough. I suffer from depression so that is why they are waiting for the letter. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Jackie