RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had a conversation with a Psychiatrist in WV in charge of a Suboxone clinic, he does not tolerate THC use.You need to individualize each case, why is the person using THC?Do they need motivation to get on with their life?

Is it affecting their existence?What do you do for alcohol abuse? Should you apply the same decisions?If a terminal cancer patient wants to use THC, I would not ask, nor tell anybody. If I knew where a cancer patient could obtain a safe source, I would inform a patient that would need it. (I just don't know what would be a safe source, maybe the NIH will explore medical applications and allow medical cultivation!)

If my patient was a productive member of society, and had to undergo screening I would direct him or her to information to escape detection if possible, all verbally, nothing that could be traced to a DEA investigation.

I agree with the approach of the Suboxone clinic Psychiatrist, if somebody has a problem with abuse of narcotics, they should remain as sober as possible, you would not try to adjust antidepressants in an active alcoholic, neither in a THC abuser.

I avoid even listing ED as some companies will deny payment if the diagnosis is present, knowing that THC is illegal in this country I would not list it in the claim forms at all-- Pedro Ballester, M.D.

Warren, OH

Guest guest

Hear, hear!!I agree!What is your personal opinion on cannabis? Is it safer than ETOH?-- Pedro Ballester, M.D.Warren, OH

Guest guest

Hear, hear!!I agree!What is your personal opinion on cannabis? Is it safer than ETOH?-- Pedro Ballester, M.D.Warren, OH

Guest guest

From Drain:

About Cannabis:

The only insight I have is from my patients: some say it works. Since limited amounts are legal in Oregon if the card is purchased from the state of Oregon and if the herb is never sold, I do not penalize patients that use it. I do have them use the local non-profit Cannabis Compassion Center to screen and get their cards signed rather than doing it myself in my office, since I think they will have better legal support from the non-profit's lawyers if anything comes up.

It clearly helps in weight gain for cachectic patients such as one 68 year old lady I know with a brain tumor who is on an enormous oral dosage. On pain: the most believable study I read said that it seemed to work well on chronic pain in those patients who were used to the side effects and did not find them unpleasant; however, there were patients who dropped out of the study because they hated the psychological effects. That left me having to say something like "I guess it works well for pain in stoners..." which is something I just don't want to say. I urge everyone to try not to smoke it, and if they use it to try other routes of use such as topical or oral routes. They can learn that at the compassion center.

It is also clear that one can not do a truly blind study using this drug because of the psychological effects. The purified material doesn't work apparently, meaning the tests have to be done on the herb. So I am not sure what that means.

The most interesting thing I found is that there have been THC receptors found on the synovial membranes of joint capsules...and that changes the whole game for me. Since joints don't get stoned, that means the receptor is there to get something done that is not neurological in effect, but we don't know what that something is.

For safety: I have never heard of someone getting stoned and going home to beat up his wife.

Not sure if that answers your question, Tim.

Joanne Holland DVM/MD Drain, Oregon

Subject: Re: (unknown)To: Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 12:39 PM

Guest guest

From Drain:

About Cannabis:

The only insight I have is from my patients: some say it works. Since limited amounts are legal in Oregon if the card is purchased from the state of Oregon and if the herb is never sold, I do not penalize patients that use it. I do have them use the local non-profit Cannabis Compassion Center to screen and get their cards signed rather than doing it myself in my office, since I think they will have better legal support from the non-profit's lawyers if anything comes up.

It clearly helps in weight gain for cachectic patients such as one 68 year old lady I know with a brain tumor who is on an enormous oral dosage. On pain: the most believable study I read said that it seemed to work well on chronic pain in those patients who were used to the side effects and did not find them unpleasant; however, there were patients who dropped out of the study because they hated the psychological effects. That left me having to say something like "I guess it works well for pain in stoners..." which is something I just don't want to say. I urge everyone to try not to smoke it, and if they use it to try other routes of use such as topical or oral routes. They can learn that at the compassion center.

It is also clear that one can not do a truly blind study using this drug because of the psychological effects. The purified material doesn't work apparently, meaning the tests have to be done on the herb. So I am not sure what that means.

The most interesting thing I found is that there have been THC receptors found on the synovial membranes of joint capsules...and that changes the whole game for me. Since joints don't get stoned, that means the receptor is there to get something done that is not neurological in effect, but we don't know what that something is.

For safety: I have never heard of someone getting stoned and going home to beat up his wife.

Guest guest

From Drain:

About Cannabis:

Guest guest

Marijuana is certainly in very common use I do not even know where to get it(anymore. I am out of college...) but patients doI do not make alot out of it s use unless and except if, there is mental illness (impairing the judgement about reasonable use just like with any substance) alcoholism or I am prescribing narcotics Even if I am prescribing narcotics you know I am a bit flexible

I tell people I cannot comfortably prescribe when they are using an illicit substance even if I " understand " the effect on painLook I had one guy with chronic pain who refused pain meds smoked a littel pot was a sweetheart actually just died last week very sad but managed on his own ,got through life in his own way... worked til the end.( cigarettes killed him Big MI)

the drug seekers rapidly show themselves by other stuff in the urine ,or argue and move on .The very few very rare chronic pain patient that have thc in t he urine are usually pretty good about understanding the issue and lay off it if I am doing a good job with pain control

ly a little pot a day seems less harmful than 20 camels.... or a suitcase of budweiserIf I buy gas on fridays on the way home man ,I am the only one in there without beer...

From Drain:

About Cannabis:

It clearly helps in weight gain for cachectic patients such as one 68 year old lady I know with a brain tumor who is on an enormous oral dosage. On pain: the most believable study I read said that it seemed to work well on chronic pain in those patients who were used to the side effects and did not find them unpleasant; however, there were patients who dropped out of the study because they hated the psychological effects. That left me having to say something like " I guess it works well for pain in stoners... " which is something I just don't want to say. I urge everyone to try not to smoke it, and if they use it to try other routes of use such as topical or oral routes. They can learn that at the compassion center.

Subject: Re: (unknown)

To: Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 12:39 PM

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD

ph fax

Guest guest

Marijuana is certainly in very common use I do not even know where to get it(anymore. I am out of college...) but patients doI do not make alot out of it s use unless and except if, there is mental illness (impairing the judgement about reasonable use just like with any substance) alcoholism or I am prescribing narcotics Even if I am prescribing narcotics you know I am a bit flexible

I tell people I cannot comfortably prescribe when they are using an illicit substance even if I " understand " the effect on painLook I had one guy with chronic pain who refused pain meds smoked a littel pot was a sweetheart actually just died last week very sad but managed on his own ,got through life in his own way... worked til the end.( cigarettes killed him Big MI)

the drug seekers rapidly show themselves by other stuff in the urine ,or argue and move on .The very few very rare chronic pain patient that have thc in t he urine are usually pretty good about understanding the issue and lay off it if I am doing a good job with pain control

ly a little pot a day seems less harmful than 20 camels.... or a suitcase of budweiserIf I buy gas on fridays on the way home man ,I am the only one in there without beer...

From Drain:

About Cannabis:

It clearly helps in weight gain for cachectic patients such as one 68 year old lady I know with a brain tumor who is on an enormous oral dosage. On pain: the most believable study I read said that it seemed to work well on chronic pain in those patients who were used to the side effects and did not find them unpleasant; however, there were patients who dropped out of the study because they hated the psychological effects. That left me having to say something like " I guess it works well for pain in stoners... " which is something I just don't want to say. I urge everyone to try not to smoke it, and if they use it to try other routes of use such as topical or oral routes. They can learn that at the compassion center.

-- If you are a patient please allow up to 24 hours for a reply by email/please note the new email address.Remember that e-mail may not be entirely secure/ MD

ph fax

Guest guest

From Drain:

About Cannabis:

ph fax

Guest guest

As always, great points Joanne.I simply have no experience with the formal

medical use of marijuana. So it's interesting to get your thoughts about

that. I had mostly been thinking about the recreational users/abusers in my

practice.Now, my opinion is not based on any scientific study that I

know of, but, I think if ten really drunk people and ten very high pot smokers were

all offered car keys, a much higher number of the drunk folks would try to drive and

argue they were fine to do so. While most of the pot smokers would say, " No

thank you. If we did get pulled over, talking to a cop would be a total bummer. I'll

just sit here and giggle at the wall. " ... thoughts? ;-)TimOn Thu, December 4,

2008 4:30 pm EST, joanne holland wrote:

From Drain:

About Cannabis:

The only insight I have is from my patients: some say it works.

Since limited amounts are legal in Oregon if the card is purchased

from the state of Oregon and if the herb is never sold, I do not

penalize patients that use it. I do have them use the local non-profit

Cannabis Compassion Center to screen and get their cards signed rather

than doing it myself in my office, since I think they will have better

legal support from the non-profit's lawyers if anything comes up.

It clearly helps in weight gain for cachectic patients such as

one 68 year old lady I know with a brain tumor who is on an enormous

oral dosage. On pain: the most believable study I read said that it

seemed to work well on chronic pain in those patients who were used to

the side effects and did not find them unpleasant; however, there were

patients who dropped out of the study because they hated the

psychological effects. That left me having to say something like " I

guess it works well for pain in

stoners... " which is something I just

don't want to say. I urge everyone to try not to smoke it, and if they

use it to try other routes of use such as topical or oral routes. They

can learn that at the compassion center.

It is also clear that one can not do a truly blind study

using this drug because of the psychological effects. The purified

material doesn't work apparently, meaning the tests have to be done on

the herb. So I am not sure what that means.

The most interesting thing I found is that there have been THC

receptors found on the synovial membranes of joint capsules...and that

changes the whole game for me. Since joints don't get stoned, that

means the receptor is there to get something done that is not

neurological in effect, but we don't know what that something is.

For safety: I have never heard of someone getting stoned and

going home to beat up his wife.

Joanne Holland DVM/MD Drain,

Oregon

Date: Thursday, December 4,

2008, 12:39 PM

Hear, hear!!I agree!What is your personal opinion

on cannabis? Is it safer than ETOH?-- Pedro Ballester,

M.D.Warren, OH

---------------------------------------- Malia, MDMalia

Family Medicine & Skin Sense Laser6720 Pittsford-Palmyra Rd.Perinton

Square MallFairport, NY 14450 (phone / fax)www.relayhealth.com/doc/DrMaliawww.SkinSenseLaser.com--

Confidentiality Notice --This email message, including all the attachments, is

for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential information.

Unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,

you may not use, disclose, copy or disseminate this information. If you are not the

intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and destroy

all copies of the original message, including attachments.----------------------------------------

Guest guest

As always, great points Joanne.I simply have no experience with the formal

medical use of marijuana. So it's interesting to get your thoughts about

that. I had mostly been thinking about the recreational users/abusers in my

practice.Now, my opinion is not based on any scientific study that I

know of, but, I think if ten really drunk people and ten very high pot smokers were

all offered car keys, a much higher number of the drunk folks would try to drive and

argue they were fine to do so. While most of the pot smokers would say, " No

thank you. If we did get pulled over, talking to a cop would be a total bummer. I'll

just sit here and giggle at the wall. " ... thoughts? ;-)TimOn Thu, December 4,

2008 4:30 pm EST, joanne holland wrote:

From Drain:

About Cannabis:

The only insight I have is from my patients: some say it works.

Since limited amounts are legal in Oregon if the card is purchased

from the state of Oregon and if the herb is never sold, I do not

penalize patients that use it. I do have them use the local non-profit

Cannabis Compassion Center to screen and get their cards signed rather

than doing it myself in my office, since I think they will have better

legal support from the non-profit's lawyers if anything comes up.

It clearly helps in weight gain for cachectic patients such as

one 68 year old lady I know with a brain tumor who is on an enormous

oral dosage. On pain: the most believable study I read said that it

seemed to work well on chronic pain in those patients who were used to

the side effects and did not find them unpleasant; however, there were

patients who dropped out of the study because they hated the

psychological effects. That left me having to say something like " I

guess it works well for pain in

stoners... " which is something I just

don't want to say. I urge everyone to try not to smoke it, and if they

use it to try other routes of use such as topical or oral routes. They

can learn that at the compassion center.

It is also clear that one can not do a truly blind study

using this drug because of the psychological effects. The purified

material doesn't work apparently, meaning the tests have to be done on

the herb. So I am not sure what that means.

The most interesting thing I found is that there have been THC

receptors found on the synovial membranes of joint capsules...and that

changes the whole game for me. Since joints don't get stoned, that

means the receptor is there to get something done that is not

neurological in effect, but we don't know what that something is.

For safety: I have never heard of someone getting stoned and

going home to beat up his wife.

Joanne Holland DVM/MD Drain,

Oregon

Date: Thursday, December 4,

2008, 12:39 PM

Hear, hear!!I agree!What is your personal opinion

on cannabis? Is it safer than ETOH?-- Pedro Ballester,

M.D.Warren, OH

---------------------------------------- Malia, MDMalia

Family Medicine & Skin Sense Laser6720 Pittsford-Palmyra Rd.Perinton

Square MallFairport, NY 14450 (phone / fax)www.relayhealth.com/doc/DrMaliawww.SkinSenseLaser.com--

Confidentiality Notice --This email message, including all the attachments, is

for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential information.

Unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,

you may not use, disclose, copy or disseminate this information. If you are not the

intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and destroy

all copies of the original message, including attachments.----------------------------------------

Guest guest

Sometime ago, some historian made a comment on a History Channel documentary to the effect that the prejudice against MJ was based on discrimination/prejudice against Mexicans. Whereas the Caucasians abused ETOH, the darker skinned Americans used " weed " .

When I was an Anesthesia resident, many CRNAs " relaxed " at home with THC, they were competent and motivated.The movie " Humboldt County " gave a different perspective on MJ and Medicine, it should be available in DVD, I watched it on the HDNET movie channel. Penn Gillette had one episode of the Showtime series on medical MJ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbI6HbOSTgEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leg3_gcE3p8Maybe reason and logic will allow the Scientific analysis...

-- Pedro Ballester, M.D.Warren, OH

Guest guest

Sometime ago, some historian made a comment on a History Channel documentary to the effect that the prejudice against MJ was based on discrimination/prejudice against Mexicans. Whereas the Caucasians abused ETOH, the darker skinned Americans used " weed " .

When I was an Anesthesia resident, many CRNAs " relaxed " at home with THC, they were competent and motivated.The movie " Humboldt County " gave a different perspective on MJ and Medicine, it should be available in DVD, I watched it on the HDNET movie channel. Penn Gillette had one episode of the Showtime series on medical MJ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbI6HbOSTgEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leg3_gcE3p8Maybe reason and logic will allow the Scientific analysis...

-- Pedro Ballester, M.D.Warren, OH

Guest guest

Funny you should mention that, Pedro. Just a couple of days ago I was told some history about the process of making cannibis illegal, during the period of time that alcohol become legal again. Some historian clamed that they selected cannibis as the new illegal drug because they didn't want to fire drug enforcement employees and it was primarily used by the non-caucasian groups..the comment was that "only Negro Jazz singers were using it." Apparently professionals called it Cannibis, but when it became illegal the feds decided to use the name the Mexicans used for it, marijuana, because they felt that would help garner support as it sounded foreign.

I find that as the stuff becomes more like a medication, I get more formal about my approach to it. I call it by the scientific name. I usually don't make a lot of jokes about it. My medical cannibis patients say they don't share their medication...if they are with another person with a card, each will use their own medicine separately, rather than the "pass it on" behavior that you see with recreational use. This drug is in transition...I think 14 states have laws allowing medical use of Cannibis. I suppose we can just choose to not know about it now, but sooner or later there will be more good information.

Watching my attitude and behavior change about this is an interesting study in "medicalizing" attitudes. The unexamined life is not worth living. And, no, I never use it myself.

Joanne Holland DVM/MD

Subject: Re: (unknown)To: Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 3:44 PM

Sometime ago, some historian made a comment on a History Channel documentary to the effect that the prejudice against MJ was based on discrimination/ prejudice against Mexicans. Whereas the Caucasians abused ETOH, the darker skinned Americans used "weed". When I was an Anesthesia resident, many CRNAs "relaxed" at home with THC, they were competent and motivated.The movie "Humboldt County" gave a different perspective on MJ and Medicine, it should be available in DVD, I watched it on the HDNET movie channel. Penn Gillette had one episode of the Showtime series on medical MJ:http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=gbI6HbOSTgEhttp://www.youtube. com/watch? v=leg3_gcE3p8Maybe reason and logic will allow the Scientific analysis...-- Pedro

Ballester, M.D.Warren, OH

Guest guest

Funny you should mention that, Pedro. Just a couple of days ago I was told some history about the process of making cannibis illegal, during the period of time that alcohol become legal again. Some historian clamed that they selected cannibis as the new illegal drug because they didn't want to fire drug enforcement employees and it was primarily used by the non-caucasian groups..the comment was that "only Negro Jazz singers were using it." Apparently professionals called it Cannibis, but when it became illegal the feds decided to use the name the Mexicans used for it, marijuana, because they felt that would help garner support as it sounded foreign.

I find that as the stuff becomes more like a medication, I get more formal about my approach to it. I call it by the scientific name. I usually don't make a lot of jokes about it. My medical cannibis patients say they don't share their medication...if they are with another person with a card, each will use their own medicine separately, rather than the "pass it on" behavior that you see with recreational use. This drug is in transition...I think 14 states have laws allowing medical use of Cannibis. I suppose we can just choose to not know about it now, but sooner or later there will be more good information.

Watching my attitude and behavior change about this is an interesting study in "medicalizing" attitudes. The unexamined life is not worth living. And, no, I never use it myself.

Joanne Holland DVM/MD

Sometime ago, some historian made a comment on a History Channel documentary to the effect that the prejudice against MJ was based on discrimination/ prejudice against Mexicans. Whereas the Caucasians abused ETOH, the darker skinned Americans used "weed". When I was an Anesthesia resident, many CRNAs "relaxed" at home with THC, they were competent and motivated.The movie "Humboldt County" gave a different perspective on MJ and Medicine, it should be available in DVD, I watched it on the HDNET movie channel. Penn Gillette had one episode of the Showtime series on medical MJ:http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=gbI6HbOSTgEhttp://www.youtube. com/watch? v=leg3_gcE3p8Maybe reason and logic will allow the Scientific analysis...-- Pedro

Guest guest

Joanne Holland DVM/MD

Guest guest

The Suboxone "rules" say no other drug use. But, with Suboxone we all individualize our program.

To: Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2008 8:40:48 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

I had a conversation with a Psychiatrist in WV in charge of a Suboxone clinic, he does not tolerate THC use.You need to individualize each case, why is the person using THC?Do they need motivation to get on with their life?Is it affecting their existence?What do you do for alcohol abuse? Should you apply the same decisions?If a terminal cancer patient wants to use THC, I would not ask, nor tell anybody. If I knew where a cancer patient could obtain a safe source, I would inform a patient that would need it. (I just don't know what would be a safe source, maybe the NIH will explore medical applications and allow medical cultivation! )If my patient was a productive member of society, and had to undergo screening I would direct him or her to information to escape detection if possible, all verbally, nothing that could be traced to a DEA investigation.I agree with the approach of the Suboxone clinic

Psychiatrist, if somebody has a problem with abuse of narcotics, they should remain as sober as possible, you would not try to adjust antidepressants in an active alcoholic, neither in a THC abuser.I avoid even listing ED as some companies will deny payment if the diagnosis is present, knowing that THC is illegal in this country I would not list it in the claim forms at all-- Pedro Ballester, M.D.Warren, OH

Guest guest

The Suboxone "rules" say no other drug use. But, with Suboxone we all individualize our program.

To: Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2008 8:40:48 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

I had a conversation with a Psychiatrist in WV in charge of a Suboxone clinic, he does not tolerate THC use.You need to individualize each case, why is the person using THC?Do they need motivation to get on with their life?Is it affecting their existence?What do you do for alcohol abuse? Should you apply the same decisions?If a terminal cancer patient wants to use THC, I would not ask, nor tell anybody. If I knew where a cancer patient could obtain a safe source, I would inform a patient that would need it. (I just don't know what would be a safe source, maybe the NIH will explore medical applications and allow medical cultivation! )If my patient was a productive member of society, and had to undergo screening I would direct him or her to information to escape detection if possible, all verbally, nothing that could be traced to a DEA investigation.I agree with the approach of the Suboxone clinic

Psychiatrist, if somebody has a problem with abuse of narcotics, they should remain as sober as possible, you would not try to adjust antidepressants in an active alcoholic, neither in a THC abuser.I avoid even listing ED as some companies will deny payment if the diagnosis is present, knowing that THC is illegal in this country I would not list it in the claim forms at all-- Pedro Ballester, M.D.Warren, OH

Guest guest

Folks,

Question: There are some people with certain mental health issues who we all know "self medicate" with things like pot and alcohol. The research seems to be pretty clear that drinking actually does damage axons and synaptic connections as well as reduces the levels of certain good brain hormones. So it is always a good idea for folks with depression both uni and bi-polar and many other problems like Anxiety to abstain from drinking so their brains can actually heal and re-establish and grow new connections and things. Also that drinking for such patient frequently can lead to a following depression days later.

Meanwhile docs frequently write Rx's for benzos and the like so these types of patients can calm down and reduce certain secondary symptoms of the problem. My question is are the benzos and other "legal" drugs that much safer than alcohol in terms of brain chemistry and structure? Also where does pot fit in here? Is there any good evidence that pot does or does not do such or similar harm? Where I'm going is that I'm sure we all know a few patients like this that use a few hits of joint to soothe or calm themselves (anxiety or to self treat the bad part of Mania) and that they probably prefer their pot to the legal Rx meds. Might this be another legitmate use for Medical Pot or does it do more harm than good? Or is the jury still out on this one? It just seems that everything I read on this issue seems to say that patients should avoid all street drugs including Pot, and I'm just wondering is this only because it is still illegal and

controversal or is there good evidence like for alcohol for recommending that they stay away for it? Thanks much...

To: Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 8:03:33 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

I find that as the stuff becomes more like a medication, I get more formal about my approach to it. I call it by the scientific name. I usually don't make a lot of jokes about it. My medical cannibis patients say they don't share their medication.. .if they are with another person with a card, each will use their own medicine separately, rather than the "pass it on" behavior that you see with recreational use. This drug is in transition.. .I think 14 states have laws allowing medical use of Cannibis. I suppose we can just choose to not know about it now, but sooner or later there will be more good information.

Joanne Holland DVM/MD

From: Pedro Ballester <DrBallester@ gmail.com>Subject: Re: [Practiceimprovemen t1] (unknown)To: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 3:44 PM

Guest guest

Folks,

Question: There are some people with certain mental health issues who we all know "self medicate" with things like pot and alcohol. The research seems to be pretty clear that drinking actually does damage axons and synaptic connections as well as reduces the levels of certain good brain hormones. So it is always a good idea for folks with depression both uni and bi-polar and many other problems like Anxiety to abstain from drinking so their brains can actually heal and re-establish and grow new connections and things. Also that drinking for such patient frequently can lead to a following depression days later.

Meanwhile docs frequently write Rx's for benzos and the like so these types of patients can calm down and reduce certain secondary symptoms of the problem. My question is are the benzos and other "legal" drugs that much safer than alcohol in terms of brain chemistry and structure? Also where does pot fit in here? Is there any good evidence that pot does or does not do such or similar harm? Where I'm going is that I'm sure we all know a few patients like this that use a few hits of joint to soothe or calm themselves (anxiety or to self treat the bad part of Mania) and that they probably prefer their pot to the legal Rx meds. Might this be another legitmate use for Medical Pot or does it do more harm than good? Or is the jury still out on this one? It just seems that everything I read on this issue seems to say that patients should avoid all street drugs including Pot, and I'm just wondering is this only because it is still illegal and

controversal or is there good evidence like for alcohol for recommending that they stay away for it? Thanks much...

I find that as the stuff becomes more like a medication, I get more formal about my approach to it. I call it by the scientific name. I usually don't make a lot of jokes about it. My medical cannibis patients say they don't share their medication.. .if they are with another person with a card, each will use their own medicine separately, rather than the "pass it on" behavior that you see with recreational use. This drug is in transition.. .I think 14 states have laws allowing medical use of Cannibis. I suppose we can just choose to not know about it now, but sooner or later there will be more good information.

Joanne Holland DVM/MD

From: Pedro Ballester <DrBallester@ gmail.com>Subject: Re: [Practiceimprovemen t1] (unknown)To: Practiceimprovement 1yahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 3:44 PM

Guest guest

Folks,

Joanne Holland DVM/MD

Guest guest

buprenorphine treatment can be forgiving of narcotic relapsebuprenorphine and benzodiazepines can be deadly-- Pedro Ballester, M.D.Warren, OH

Guest guest

Mine too Bill. That person violated the rules. They are getting booted.

Love

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

-- Bill Eastmanwww.ke5asu.com/links.html

Guest guest

Good luck with the treatment . I was not on that one. But I am wondering if they are similiar? Hmmm, treatment was about the same as far as the side effects?

Love,

Janet

"There are souls in this world that have the gift of finding joy everywhere and of leaving it behind them when they go"

Frederick Faber

To: hep c <Hepatitis_C_Central >Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:36 AMSubject: (unknown)

Hi everyone,

Most of you know my story. I have cirrhosis and 1-a. Treated in 2009 and was clear then it came back. Since then I have felt great, blood work fairly good, and somewhat low viral load. Went to the Liver doctor yesterday for my 3 month visit and he said it time! He wants me to start the new drug with the interferon and rib on October 20th. He said I am playing Russian roulette. I know I have about 25% liver function. I do take 5 medications a day and still have problems with retaining fluid. He has 10 people that are on the new drug....not Merek but the other one. It starts with a V........

He said he believes it will clear me. He said in June there was no information about relapsers so he wanted me to do the 11 months again but yesterday he said I could do just 6 months. Anyone on this treatment plan. I know the new drug can cause rashes but he said he is not having a problem with it with his other patients on it? I would love feedback.