RemedySpot.com

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dr. Grim generally doesn't recommend surgery unless meds and DASH doesn't work.

Are you still in western MA. You might think about doing one of the studies at

the NIH in Bethesda, land. Do you use the VA system?

> >

> > , which adrenal would you have removed? Oftentimes, an adrenal tumor

> > can be non-producing and a producing one can be the size of a grain of sand.

> > If you are contemplating surgery, you need an accurate AVS.

> >

> > Val

>

I recommend surgery if 1. BP and K are not controllled with MCBs and DASHing2. localization studies document unilateral source of aldo.Please put yr thumbnail at the start of each note to us.Say 40 WF M 5 child Maine, L adenoma failure of AVS on R.I was told to get my left adrenal removed, but since they couldn't sample the right I was scared to have one taken out. I was in western MA and there was only one radiologist in that part of the state who could do AVS so it was not worth having it redone.Had problem getting digest of messages to my email so just saw this message. Thank you to all who replied. I am so thankful to have found this group. I see the endocrinologist on the 14th and will update you at that time.Just a quick question. While I was reading either here or NORD i saw a comment that Dr. Grim generally doesn't recommend surgery. I haven't been able to find it again. I have not read everything in the files yet, but am working my way through.Just for the record I am 40 yo female home educating 5 children from 10 years down to 14 months while moving all over as a military wife.Thanks,>> , which adrenal would you have removed? Oftentimes, an adrenal tumor> can be non-producing and a producing one can be the size of a grain of sand.> If you are contemplating surgery, you need an accurate AVS.> > Val

Thanks for the info. I am in Tampa now on a six month assignment with hubby. Will be moving from SC to ? this summer. I am currently on no meds. When the nephrologist recommended surgery and I got a second opinion they never mentioned meds. I have used diet including juice fasting and a vegan diet (for a few months) to control my BP. I think I need meds. BP is 140-150/90's though it has been higher. I liked Val's idea of taking it several times a day. I do use military medicine, but often especially if a large facility is not around we are referred out in town. I am seeing an endocrinologist at Moffet Cancer Center next week.Subject: Re: New memberTo: hyperaldosteronism Date: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 5:44 AM

Dr. Grim generally doesn't recommend surgery unless meds and DASH doesn't work.

Are you still in western MA. You might think about doing one of the studies at the NIH in Bethesda, land. Do you use the VA system?

> >

> > , which adrenal would you have removed? Oftentimes, an adrenal tumor

> > can be non-producing and a producing one can be the size of a grain of sand.

> > If you are contemplating surgery, you need an accurate AVS.

> >

> > Val

>

Tell them you want to see the Endo who is the Conn's expert. CE Grim MDThanks for the info. I am in Tampa now on a six month assignment with hubby. Will be moving from SC to ? this summer. I am currently on no meds. When the nephrologist recommended surgery and I got a second opinion they never mentioned meds. I have used diet including juice fasting and a vegan diet (for a few months) to control my BP. I think I need meds. BP is 140-150/90's though it has been higher. I liked Val's idea of taking it several times a day. I do use military medicine, but often especially if a large facility is not around we are referred out in town. I am seeing an endocrinologist at Moffet Cancer Center next week.Subject: Re: New memberTo: hyperaldosteronism Date: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 5:44 AM Dr. Grim generally doesn't recommend surgery unless meds and DASH doesn't work.Are you still in western MA. You might think about doing one of the studies at the NIH in Bethesda, land. Do you use the VA system?> >> > , which adrenal would you have removed? Oftentimes, an adrenal tumor> > can be non-producing and a producing one can be the size of a grain of sand.> > If you are contemplating surgery, you need an accurate AVS.> > > > Val>

Not an unusual story. Some go four hours trying to get the right.I have been present in studies in which our radiologist got the left vein in 20 seconds after the cath was in and then took 3 hours to get a right sample.Most will not spend this much time. CE Grim MDThanks for this info. They wanted to remove the left side, but the dr. debating back and forth in my presence about whether or not to do surgery scared me. I was told by the radiologist that did my AVS that in 15% of cases it is anatomically impossible to get a sample from the right side. Any body else hear this? I was awake for the procedure as I was still nursing my daughter and didn't want any more drugs than necessary. They got the L side in ten minutes and they dug around for over an hour and couldn't get the other one. If I ever do it again I will choose sleep!Subject: Re: New memberTo: hyperaldosteronism Date: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 5:08 AM I was told to get my left adrenal removed, but since they couldn't sample the right I was scared to have one taken out. I was in western MA and there was only one radiologist in that part of the state who could do AVS so it was not worth having it redone.Had problem getting digest of messages to my email so just saw this message. Thank you to all who replied. I am so thankful to have found this group. I see the endocrinologist on the 14th and will update you at that time.Just a quick question. While I was reading either here or NORD i saw a comment that Dr. Grim generally doesn't recommend surgery. I haven't been able to find it again. I have not read everything in the files yet, but am working my way through.Just for the record I am 40 yo female home educating 5 children from 10 years down to 14 months while moving all over as a military wife.Thanks,>> , which adrenal would you have removed? Oftentimes, an adrenal tumor> can be non-producing and a producing one can be the size of a grain of sand.> If you are contemplating surgery, you need an accurate AVS.> > ValNever miss an email again!Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

Hello Lucious,

I had the similar concerns and I have learnt a lot about chemicals in cosmetics

and great home recipes in Green Beauty Guide from .

Regarding Natural perfumery, I believe the Mandy Aftel´s book Essence and

Alchemy is one of the bibles. I have her Scents and Sensibilities for creating

solid perfumes, too.

Regarding aromatherapy, I use books from Lawless, Ann Worwood and

Tisserand obviously.

Nevertheless, when you enter Groups section, here are the Files, and there are

lists of Books recommendation.

Good luck!

Katka

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Sherry, welcome. It sounds like you have your hands full.

Sue

>

> Hi,

>

> Thanks for letting me join your group. This sounds like a nice support group

and support is what has been so lacking in my life, though it's much needed.

>

> My name is Sherry. I am 42 years old. I'm married to (Big) Kenny, who is 57

years old and we have several really sweet cats and a 19-month-old miracle baby,

(Little) Kenny. I lost my first baby when I was 23 years old. was born

way too soon and died shortly after birth. I was told I'd never be able to get

pregnant again and then all these years later it happened. I have diabetes type

2, so had to be very careful while pregnant. I was worried the whole time but am

so glad everything worked out.

>

> My baby was born healthy but unfortunately he inherited bilateral congenital

cataracts from me and went blind soon after birth. His condition has been worse

than mine because he's already had 5 eye surgeries. He can see but is legally

blind. I am legally blind too and this makes keeping a close eye on my very

active baby a challenge. Both of us have glaucoma. I've had it since I was 16

but the glaucoma is under good control. Little Kenny developed glaucoma at 7

months old and it's been very difficult finding the right medicines to control

his eye pressure, as well as get the medicines in his eyes. He hates the eye

medicine and cries so much, as well as fights it. He's on 2 different medicines,

twice a day each and it's sad, frustrating and overwhelming fighting to get

drops into his eyes 4 times each day. I hate putting him through that and it

breaks my heart. With being legally blind, it's especially difficult for me to

get the drops in his eyes. Big Kenny does the drops most of the time though. I

have to do them mornings Mon-Fri while Big Kenny is working.

>

> Big Kenny has had his own health issues to deal with. He had a stroke in

January, which he's still trying to recover from. There was some damage to the

cerebral cortex part of his brain, so there have been personality changes, most

of which are really hard to take. I keep hoping his brain will heal but chances

are I'll never have back the kind, thoughtful person I married. That's hard

trying to get used to and fills me with sadness much of the time (I've suffered

with depression for years). Also work is slow and we're barely getting by

financially and so worried about the future.

>

> My family haven't been supportive. Since I'm not able to drive, me and the

baby really don't get to go anywhere, except for walks whenever the weather is

decent, and Big Kenny will take us to the store on Saturdays. I do have some

friends on line but some that I had " known " for years that I thought were my

friends walked out on me when things got really bad.

>

> Anyway, I hope my intro was OK and not too depressing. I look forward to

meeting other members here. Oh, by the way, I have a web site for my son and

always have the link in my signature line, in case any of you want to look at it

and see pictures of my gorgeous little guy.

>

> Sherry

> http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/babykenny

>

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Hi List!

I have returned to the list after a haitus of the " stuff of life " kept me from

active involvement. I am sooooo excited to jump into the online community of

soap makers again. What a wonderful group.

Years ago I remember a library associated with this group - is that still

inexistence? It saved me a ton of posts when needing some great recipes. And,

in particular, I remember a recipe for flubber --- can anyone help me out with

this?

Thanks, in advance, for any input on this!

Rita