RemedySpot.com

Good News

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

:

If your son were interested there are the study programs that are available to help people. They do all the testing, etc. that is needed including providing the medication that is needed for the treatment. But you probably already knew that, just thought I would mention it.

Later,

kbwaltke <kbwaltke@...> wrote: > Hi Gang ~~> > I had my appointment with the Specialty Hep C Clinic. Due to results from my lab work, they don't feel that I am in need of treatment at this time. The abdominal ultrasound and liver enzymes were normal and no other areas were out of balance. My viral load is at 3.9 million but without anything else outta whack they are not overly concerned at this point.> > They said that a liver biopsy is optional but not required. If my curiosity gets the better of me, I can do one. They only are recommending that I do a liver panel again in 6 months and then again 6 months after that. If they both come back within normal ranges, then they would only need to be checked every year thereafter. At this time, I think I'll hold up on the biopsy until such point that my liver enzymes become elevated unless ya'll can recommend otherwise.> > They also are not recommending any medication changes either. This was a great area of concern for me and has really put my mind at ease.> > So I guess I couldn't ask for anything better right now. It has taken a lot of pressure off my mind. I guess I just have to keep on eye on things and wait and see what happens. If everything progresses at a slow rate, then maybe there will be better treatments with less side effects when my turn for treatment comes around.> > Thanks for being here and being supportive. Regards, > > > > --------------------------------->

Guest guest

-dz-

Glad to hear that you can roll things over in a much less dangerous way now. I'm at 104,000 and got the van back today. Total damages are $1,300 after $1,600 in the past two months. That would have been a nice down payment on a new vehicle. But oh well, at least I have transportation to be worried about. For that I am grateful. Hopefully this will be the last of the repairs for a long while.

May your wheels keep rolling! Regards,

imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

My van is much the same. I would've had it payed off by now, but I just had to put $1100 into it and took another loan against it. It never ends, by the time the payments stop, the repairs start. I'm getting pretty close to rolling it over (to 100,000 miles in the old days I rolled 'em over in other ways :) -dz- M B wrote:

Hey There ~~ Best wishes to you and your son's family on the house. My van seems to be the same way...a money pit. It's back in the shop again today. Will see tomorrow just how much it is this time. About the time I get any money saved up toward something new it breaks down again and just eats up what I've saved. Thanks for the input on the biopsy. I'm getting closer to thinking it's the right thing to do. Later, WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

, our son and his wife just bought a house and its the money pit ........ I swear and we are helping them. We have been gone so very long weeks off and on now.....Hope this is it for awhile. Our son has the hep c not myself but if I were in your shoes I would want a liver biopsy.

Re: [ ] Good News

Hey folks....I posted this message out to the group on July 17 and may have had a post from Sharon in reponse but no other input. This was surprising after all your previous supportive efforts. It was also at a time when several mentioned they were experincing being bounced. So there's the chance that it didn't even reach some. So though I would just resend it and ask for some feedback from you guys on whether you would do the liver biopsy at this time. Thanks so much, M B <bestofmarys57@...> wrote:

Hi Gang ~~

I had my appointment with the Specialty Hep C Clinic. Due to results from my lab work, they don't feel that I am in need of treatment at this time. The abdominal ultrasound and liver enzymes were normal and no other areas were out of balance. My viral load is at 3.9 million but without anything else outta whack they are not overly concerned at this point.

They said that a liver biopsy is optional but not required. If my curiosity gets the better of me, I can do one. They only are recommending that I do a liver panel again in 6 months and then again 6 months after that. If they both come back within normal ranges, then they would only need to be checked every year thereafter. At this time, I think I'll hold up on the biopsy until such point that my liver enzymes become elevated unless ya'll can recommend otherwise.

They also are not recommending any medication changes either. This was a great area of concern for me and has really put my mind at ease.

So I guess I couldn't ask for anything better right now. It has taken a lot of pressure off my mind. I guess I just have to keep on eye on things and wait and see what happens. If everything progresses at a slow rate, then maybe there will be better treatments with less side effects when my turn for treatment comes around.

Thanks for being here and being supportive. Regards,

Guest guest

Hi

I was confused when the ultrasound and liver "enzymes" tested normal with a viral load at 3.5 M. This did not make sense to met. If the test truely was showing normal liver functionsl with a 3.5 M viral load, I would request a liver biopsy be done asap. The 3.5M viral load may be damaging the liver. I was told to put off my biopsy because I had and still have normal liver functions. After 2 yrs my primary physician requested a liver biopsy because my viral load kept increasing. It revealed my liver was completely swollen covered with fibrosis. My HCV Treatment was started within 3 weeks. Darlene

M B wrote:

-dz- Glad to hear that you can roll things over in a much less dangerous way now. I'm at 104,000 and got the van back today. Total damages are $1,300 after $1,600 in the past two months. That would have been a nice down payment on a new vehicle. But oh well, at least I have transportation to be worried about. For that I am grateful. Hopefully this will be the last of the repairs for a long while. May your wheels keep rolling! Regards, imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

My van is much the same. I would've had it payed off by now, but I just had to put $1100 into it and took another loan against it. It never ends, by the time the payments stop, the repairs start. I'm getting pretty close to rolling it over (to 100,000 miles in the old days I rolled 'em over in other ways :) -dz- M B wrote:

Hey There ~~ Best wishes to you and your son's family on the house. My van seems to be the same way...a money pit. It's back in the shop again today. Will see tomorrow just how much it is this time. About the time I get any money saved up toward something new it breaks down again and just eats up what I've saved. Thanks for the input on the biopsy. I'm getting closer to thinking it's the right thing to do. Later, WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

, our son and his wife just bought a house and its the money pit ........ I swear and we are helping them. We have been gone so very long weeks off and on now.....Hope this is it for awhile. Our son has the hep c not myself but if I were in your shoes I would want a liver biopsy.

Re: [ ] Good News

Hey folks....I posted this message out to the group on July 17 and may have had a post from Sharon in reponse but no other input. This was surprising after all your previous supportive efforts. It was also at a time when several mentioned they were experincing being bounced. So there's the chance that it didn't even reach some. So though I would just resend it and ask for some feedback from you guys on whether you would do the liver biopsy at this time. Thanks so much, M B <bestofmarys57@...> wrote:

Hi Gang ~~

I had my appointment with the Specialty Hep C Clinic. Due to results from my lab work, they don't feel that I am in need of treatment at this time. The abdominal ultrasound and liver enzymes were normal and no other areas were out of balance. My viral load is at 3.9 million but without anything else outta whack they are not overly concerned at this point.

They said that a liver biopsy is optional but not required. If my curiosity gets the better of me, I can do one. They only are recommending that I do a liver panel again in 6 months and then again 6 months after that. If they both come back within normal ranges, then they would only need to be checked every year thereafter. At this time, I think I'll hold up on the biopsy until such point that my liver enzymes become elevated unless ya'll can recommend otherwise.

They also are not recommending any medication changes either. This was a great area of concern for me and has really put my mind at ease.

So I guess I couldn't ask for anything better right now. It has taken a lot of pressure off my mind. I guess I just have to keep on eye on things and wait and see what happens. If everything progresses at a slow rate, then maybe there will be better treatments with less side effects when my turn for treatment comes around.

Thanks for being here and being supportive. Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know...that's true that cranial technologies is the only one allowed to make the DOC Band. Unless something new has come up...it might be like a DOC Band...

Let us know..

Mom to

In a message dated 8/15/2002 4:02:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time, taime@... writes:

Tina,

I don't mean to put a damper on your happiness, but as far as I know

the ONLY ppl that are allowed to make the DOCband is Cranial

Technologies. Hanger may make a band similar to the DOCband, but it's

not a DOCband. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

In a message dated 8/15/2002 4:05:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rmanias@... writes:

Perhaps it is FDA approved and he is using the name DOC band as a

reference for any band.

That might be..kind of like how everyone calls inline skates "rollerblades" when that is really only one company...

Tina,

I don't mean to put a damper on your happiness, but as far as I know

the ONLY ppl that are allowed to make the DOCband is Cranial

Technologies. Hanger may make a band similar to the DOCband, but it's

not a DOCband. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

> Hello Everyone, Last time I posted I had been denied by my

> insurance for my son, Chase, to see Cranial Technologies for

> the DOC band, after a 6 week ordeal, just to get denied. Well,

> the company the does the cranial banding through CIGNA is

> Hanger Prostetics & Orthodics. I contacted them myself to get

> information on their STAR band, so that I could compare it with

> the DOC band. Well, a dr. from Hanger called me back

> yesterday morning and I found out that they are authorized

> through the FDA to make the DOC band!!! I called my dr.'s office

> right away and told them this bit of information, they were just as

> happy and excited as I was! So the sent the paperwork via fax to

> Hanger that afternoon and I've already got the casting appt.

> schedule for Thursday, the 22nd at 11 a.m.!!

>

> I'm so happy, but still upset with CIGNA for wasting all that

> valuable time and for not knowing that Hanger could do the DOC

> band my dr. had requested on the referral! I'm thinking of writing

> another letter!

>

> Thanks to everyone for their advice and support from a couple

> weeks ago!

>

> Tina & Chase

> Casting date 8/22/02

Tina -

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Hanger doesn't make DOC Bands. You

can find a list of clinics that have DOC Bands at

http://www.cranialtech.com/clinic/index.html

I was under the assumption that Hanger has it's own band, it's not

even a STARBand, but someone will probably correct me on that.

Perhaps it is FDA approved and he is using the name DOC band as a

reference for any band.

Dane's mom DOC Grad

--- In Plagiocephaly@y..., " jadesmom85251 " <jadesmom85251@y...>

wrote:

> right away and told them this bit of information, they were just

as

>

> band my dr. had requested on the referral! I'm thinking of

writing

> another letter!

>

> weeks ago!

>

> Tina & Chase

> Casting date 8/22/02

> Tina,

> I don't mean to put a damper on your happiness, but as far as I

know

> the ONLY ppl that are allowed to make the DOCband is Cranial

> Technologies. Hanger may make a band similar to the DOCband, but

it's

> not a DOCband. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

& Tina

You read my mind......sorry Tina, but I agree with here; I

would suggest you call Cranial Technologies Corporate Headquarters to

ask about this, there # is 866-DOC-BAND - maybe ask for Carol

kson, the company President.

I haven't heard of any new clinics or locations opening. I also hate

to damper this and I'm not positive, but I don't think Hanger

provides the DOCband, I am quite sure it will be the STARband made by

Orthomerica. Again though, definitely give Cranial Tech a phone call

to clarify this. You definitely want to know exactly what product

you'll be receiving.

Let us know what you find out Tina, good luck.

Debbie Abby's mom DOCGrad

MI

Hi Tina:

I see Debbie and Stacey have already done a good job of clearing up

any confusion. They are right - Hanger does not make a DOC Band so

there was some miscommunication or misunderstanding in what they told

you. DOC Band is a registered trademark of Cranial Technologies and

provided only by Cranial Technologies and it's licensed providers.

You can find a complete list on our Website at www.cranialtech.com.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.

Carol kson

Cranial Technologies

866-362-2263 ext 231

> right away and told them this bit of information, they were just as

>

> band my dr. had requested on the referral! I'm thinking of writing

> another letter!

>

> weeks ago!

>

> Tina & Chase

> Casting date 8/22/02

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Sharon,

I hope that you get the chance to go back to being a dental

hygenist..... I will be praying for you!! Hang in there girl..... I just

know hat you will be posting positive results when the time comes. You

have a super day Sharon! ((( Hug )))

Angel Hugs,

Diane

May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Sharon ~~

It sure is nice that you have some hope of being able to continue your career. I'll keep you in my prayers that all will work out well for you. Here's hoping for the best.

Regards,

Sharon Zeis wrote:

I was at the dr's yesterday. We had a good talk about"after treatment" He has told me if I have a sustainedresponse for one year after the treatment, I shouldn'tbe contagious and probably won't have the virus. Thatwould mean I could go back to dental hygiene. I'm notgetting my hopes up, but there is a 50/50 chance. Ofcourse if I don't have a sustained response I'm out ofluck cuz they've hit me with all they've got. I hopeeveryone has a great day. Sharon__________________________________________________

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank all of you for your kind words. I appreciate

the great cheerleaders in this group who root us on to better

health. I also love that we can be sad for those who are hurting and

rejoice with those who are blessed, that is very special. I hope you

all have a great day today!! I do agree, Jerry that one of the

greatest antedepressants is reaching out of ourselves to others who

are hurting, is great medicine.

Ruth

• 1 month later...

Hi Al,

That is wonderful news about Randi, and I'm sure you are on the mend

too, especially knowing she is ok. We're about to leave (as soon as

the rain lets up) for Libertyville--staying at the Hitch Inn Post the

next 2 nights, then home again. We're packing up Aunt Rose for her

move to the Terrace nursing home. & TJ are coming with us, so

I don't have to worry about her being home alone.

Glad to be able to offer up some prayers for you and yours--any time!

Hugs & God bless,

Judi

Say, welcome back, Al! No apologies, please. We try to avoid guilt here.

Just post when and if you can. We understand.

Great news about Randi and your three pounds!

[ ] Good News

> Hi Everyone,

>

> I was out of town on business all week (San Diego, which was nice)

> but wanted to share some good news. As some of you know my 22 year

> old cousin Randi was diagnosed with cervical cancer and needed to

> have laser surgery. Well, it ended up being successful and she is

> cancer free!!! She needs to have paps every three months from now on

> but all subsequent tests have come back negative. Thank you for all

> the prayers and well wishes. It meant a lot to everyone.

>

> My health is still a puzzle to the medical community, (what else is

> new? LOL). I have had almost every type of test conceivable for

> weight loss and all are normal. On a good note, I have started to put

> on a little weight (3 pounds) in the past couple of weeks. I see my

> GI doc, Rheumy and PCP Monday to discuss next steps and to have some

> blood work done. I may suggest suspending more tests as long as my

> weight continues to increase. I'm curious as to what the response

> will be.

>

> I apologize for being so delinquent in responding to the many posts

> here, especially the ones for me specifically. I also feel guilty. I

> have been asking for so much from all of you and providing so little.

> I do care and love you all and think of your often. Things in my life

> have been so busy lately. Not a great excuse, but the truth.

>

> Anyway, thanks again for everything. It made a difference in my, and

> Randi's life.

>

> My love to all,

>

> Al

Praise God!!! I am so glad that things turned out well for Randi.

P

[ ] Good News

Hi Everyone,

I was out of town on business all week (San Diego, which was nice)

but wanted to share some good news. As some of you know my 22 year

old cousin Randi was diagnosed with cervical cancer and needed to

have laser surgery. Well, it ended up being successful and she is

cancer free!!! She needs to have paps every three months from now on

but all subsequent tests have come back negative. Thank you for all

the prayers and well wishes. It meant a lot to everyone.

My health is still a puzzle to the medical community, (what else is

new? LOL). I have had almost every type of test conceivable for

weight loss and all are normal. On a good note, I have started to put

on a little weight (3 pounds) in the past couple of weeks. I see my

GI doc, Rheumy and PCP Monday to discuss next steps and to have some

blood work done. I may suggest suspending more tests as long as my

weight continues to increase. I'm curious as to what the response

will be.

I apologize for being so delinquent in responding to the many posts

here, especially the ones for me specifically. I also feel guilty. I

have been asking for so much from all of you and providing so little.

I do care and love you all and think of your often. Things in my life

have been so busy lately. Not a great excuse, but the truth.

Anyway, thanks again for everything. It made a difference in my, and

Randi's life.

My love to all,

Al

Dear Al,

I am so happy for you both!!!!! The power of Prayer and positive thoughts

really does work! I will continue to offer both for you and Randi.

Now.....you were in San Diego and didn't even email me? This is my stomping

grounds and I could have made some recommendations to eat and to stay. Was it

business, vacation, or health? We have the world famous Scripps Clinic (and

Green Hospital) here and it would have been a good place to check things out.

Mother stayed there once for an extensive stay after having a heart

attack. Whatever your reason was for being here, I hope you had a wonderful

time. Our weather has been really wierd lately and hope you were not too cold

during your stay.

Again, great news for you and Randi. Hope this is a new beginning for you both

of healthier days ahead.

Love and prayers, Hugs and positive thoughts. Jan in CA +/:=)

Alan <kb9vrq@...> wrote:Hi Everyone,

I was out of town on business all week (San Diego, which was nice)

but wanted to share some good news. As some of you know my 22 year

old cousin Randi was diagnosed with cervical cancer and needed to

have laser surgery. Well, it ended up being successful and she is

cancer free!!! She needs to have paps every three months from now on

but all subsequent tests have come back negative. Thank you for all

the prayers and well wishes. It meant a lot to everyone.

My health is still a puzzle to the medical community, (what else is

new? LOL). I have had almost every type of test conceivable for

weight loss and all are normal. On a good note, I have started to put

on a little weight (3 pounds) in the past couple of weeks. I see my

GI doc, Rheumy and PCP Monday to discuss next steps and to have some

blood work done. I may suggest suspending more tests as long as my

weight continues to increase. I'm curious as to what the response

will be.

I apologize for being so delinquent in responding to the many posts

here, especially the ones for me specifically. I also feel guilty. I

have been asking for so much from all of you and providing so little.

I do care and love you all and think of your often. Things in my life

have been so busy lately. Not a great excuse, but the truth.

Anyway, thanks again for everything. It made a difference in my, and

Randi's life.

My love to all,

Al

Glad to hear the good news Alan. Now if they can figure YOU out. At least

the weight loss may have leveled out, and you gained some. Don¹t feel bad

about getting behind. Life frequently gets in the way of my responding as

quickly as I¹d like to.

a

> Hi Everyone,

>

> I was out of town on business all week (San Diego, which was nice)

> but wanted to share some good news. As some of you know my 22 year

> old cousin Randi was diagnosed with cervical cancer and needed to

> have laser surgery. Well, it ended up being successful and she is

> cancer free!!! She needs to have paps every three months from now on

> but all subsequent tests have come back negative. Thank you for all

> the prayers and well wishes. It meant a lot to everyone.

>

> My health is still a puzzle to the medical community, (what else is

> new? LOL). I have had almost every type of test conceivable for

> weight loss and all are normal. On a good note, I have started to put

> on a little weight (3 pounds) in the past couple of weeks. I see my

> GI doc, Rheumy and PCP Monday to discuss next steps and to have some

> blood work done. I may suggest suspending more tests as long as my

> weight continues to increase. I'm curious as to what the response

> will be.

>

> I apologize for being so delinquent in responding to the many posts

> here, especially the ones for me specifically. I also feel guilty. I

> have been asking for so much from all of you and providing so little.

> I do care and love you all and think of your often. Things in my life

> have been so busy lately. Not a great excuse, but the truth.

>

> Anyway, thanks again for everything. It made a difference in my, and

> Randi's life.

>

> My love to all,

>

> Al

>

>

>

>

>

WOW!!! You brought tears to my eyes!! I am so thrilled for you!! What

enzymes are you using? I see improvements w/o the use of enzymes in my son

lately (he did wonderful at our church fair today!!) but I want to try some

that may help develop his speech more. I would appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance!

Lori

esme!!!

your words just needed to read today.

thank you for sharing this GREAT news.

and your message " So i would like everyone, that has a connection

with autism, to cooperate and join together for the benefit of these

children. "

YES!

these are the words that needed to hear here.

thank you esme.

and please bring us more updates on how nicky is doing.

minna

> After 7 and a half years of strubeling with autism. Trying a lot of

> things to help her. Search for info all around the world. Looking

for

> therapist, doctors, treatments and what so ever. We found a few

> things that helped her a bit. But we believed that there was

> more....and then ...we started 10 days ago with enzyms.

>

> For the very first time in her life she gave me a big hugh and ment

> it. For the very first time she understood immediatly what I was

> saying. She is awake, alert en with us. She speaks in plain Dutch.

No

> baby talk anymore. No agression. No anger. No mood.

> She draws and writes. The girl I gave birth to, is back with us.

And

> she is a wonderfull girl, loving, funny en very social.

>

> And I think this is just the beginning of a road to heal, for her.

> I am so glad that we found a way to help her.

> I am so happy, I have my daugther Nicky back.

>

> I know that this is just another story. And I know that there are

> kids with autisme that didn't improve on enzyms. But I believe that

> if we(parants, doctors, therapist and any one else) will share our

> info, knowledge and insights, we can help our kids.

>

> So i would like everyone, that has a connection with autism, to

> cooperate and join together for the benefit of these children.

>

> Sincerly

>

> Esme

> (just a thankfull mother)

-What a wonderful post!!!! Yea for your daughter!!! I agree-enzymes

rule and we have to spread the word. Please continue to update us on

your daughter's progress!!!

--

In @y..., " esme080368 " <c.vtok@p...> wrote:

> things to help her. Search for info all around the world. Looking

for

>

> saying. She is awake, alert en with us. She speaks in plain Dutch.

No

> She draws and writes. The girl I gave birth to, is back with us.

And

>

>

>

>

> Sincerly

>

> Esme

Esme it may be just another story but it warms our hearts -I am very happy

for you and your daughter!

Mandi in UK

> things to help her. Search for info all around the world. Looking for

>

> saying. She is awake, alert en with us. She speaks in plain Dutch. No

> She draws and writes. The girl I gave birth to, is back with us. And

>

>

>

>

> Sincerly

>

> Esme

>

>

Esme,

What WONDERFUL news!!!! Yes, this is what it is all about...and what

makes all the other <ahem> 'stuff' tolerable. Oh, I hope your days

continue to be filled with brilliance and happiness.

Feel the Joy!!!

Hai, Lori

I juse Emzym-Complete with DPP-IV from Kirkman. Together with Complete

Spectrum and Ginko Biloba.

My order of No-Fenol is on his way, I hope that gives Nicky more

improvement. But it takes along time to get true customs in Holland.

This morning she is a bit moody, but she react as an 8 year old girl,

who is disagreeing with her mother.

Esme

Re: good news

WOW!!! You brought tears to my eyes!! I am so thrilled for you!! What

enzymes are you using? I see improvements w/o the use of enzymes in my

son

lately (he did wonderful at our church fair today!!) but I want to try

some

that may help develop his speech more. I would appreciate your

response.

Thanks in advance!