RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

pcr

Rate this topic

Guest guest

PCR ( polymerase chain reaction) is merely a technology or a method of measuring

infective particles

in the body.

Total HCV-RNA by PCR tells us that there are that many virus particles

circulating.

By and large there is no quantitative correlation between viral load and extent

or severity of the

liver disease.

For example in acute HCV infection the viral load may be very high but liver

damage may be minimal.

I hope this helps.

Guest guest

>Hi Debbie,

Are you from Minn. or Missouri? (sad, I don't know what MI is). My

name is Deborah and I'm originally from Minn.

Anyway, docs. against lyme like to say pcr testing is fraught with

contamination. Well, not so if the lab. is certified as the rigors

are huge to be in those people's good graces.

At Medical Diagnostic Lab. in Mt. Laurel, N.J. (856-608-1696) they do

pcr testing for lyme and all the coinfections, including, I think,

Bartonella. And, they can differentiate DNA and RNA at least on some

things (active vrs. past infection---I " think " , but others should

clarify if I'm wrong).

The thing is, pcr testing is often not covered by insurances and, not

all labs doing pcr testing and I think very few dna/rna diliniation,

even on an experimental basis.

Deborah

Hello folks,

> I'm fairly new to the group. I tested equivocal for

> ehrlichosis with the western blot about a year

> ago. The luat and eliza were both negative. I

> have never had a PCR test. My question is can

> anyone tell me anything about the PCR test? About it's accuracy and

does

> it test for all three tick born diseases or just for lyme? Any

input

> would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

> Debbie in MI

Guest guest

Absolutely!! I have prayed for this for sometime now knowing this was coming up. Please keep me on the prayer list too. Tomorrow is the big day for surgery. This knee is going to go get worked over. I sure hope it helps. Hugs Fluffy - [ ] pcr Well, I could use a little help praying. I just went in and had my 6 month PCR test. For those who are newer, I finished treatment last December and was found undetectable. I just went in to see if the devil had returned. -dz-

Guest guest

Dave, I will be praying that dragon has not returned. Maybe he will remember the butt kicking you gave him.

Terry

imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote: Well, I could use a little help praying. I just went in and had my 6 month PCR test. For those who are newer, I finished treatment last December and was found undetectable. I just went in to see if the devil had returned. -dz-

Guest guest

The waiting is the hardest part. When do you get the

results? I'll be thinking about you.

Sharon

--- imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

> Well, I could use a little help praying. I just

> went in and had my 6 month PCR test. For those who

> are newer, I finished treatment last December and

> was found undetectable. I just went in to see if the

> devil had returned. -dz-

>

>

> ---------------------------------

>

Guest guest

Thank you. I kicked his ass good, but walked away with a few lumps and bruises myself. But he hasn't taken the fight out of me yet! Now that he knows how much help I have, he'll think twice before a return match! -dz-

Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Dave, I will be praying that dragon has not returned. Maybe he will remember the butt kicking you gave him. Terry . imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote: Well, I could use a little help praying. I just went in and had my 6 month PCR test. For those who are newer, I finished treatment last December and was found undetectable. I just went in to see if the devil had returned. -dz-

Guest guest

They said at least 7 to 10 days. I'll start my harrassment routine on Monday after the 7 days are up. -dz-

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: The waiting is the hardest part. When do you get theresults? I'll be thinking about you. Sharon--- imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:> Well, I could use a little help praying. I just> went in and had my 6 month PCR test. For those who> are newer, I finished treatment last December and> was found undetectable. I just went in to see if the> devil had returned. -dz-> > > --------------------------------->

Guest guest

I feel so selfish for not keeping in touch more by dealing with my own problems but I didn't forget yall..I have had so much to deal with but I remembered yor knee Fluffy..You'll be hoping around again in no time ok?? Love ya..

Guest guest

My grandpa always told me, when I got a little banged up with a black eye or cut lip or whatever to just tell them they should see the other guy! Well there's one sorry looking dragon limping around behind me. I had a lot of support all the way. My wife, this group, my church, and especially the fellowship group within the church. You can't overestimate the power of prayer. Hang in there. Forgive me if I'm being obnoxious over my good news, but I have shared every pain and fear and trouble along the way and you guys have all been there for me, now I want to share in my happiness too. You were (and still are) a big part of it. -dz-

Dave, I know what you mean about the lump's & bruies, The last 5 & 1/2 monthes I have got my share. My doctor say's that I am kicking the dragons butt good. So I can live with a few lumps & bruies. I have a lot of help here, home & our church. Terry imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

Thank you. I kicked his ass good, but walked away with a few lumps and bruises myself. But he hasn't taken the fight out of me yet! Now that he knows how much help I have, he'll think twice before a return match! -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Dave, I will be praying that dragon has not returned. Maybe he will remember the butt kicking you gave him. Terry . imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote: Well, I could use a little help praying. I just went in and had my 6 month PCR test. For those who are newer, I finished treatment last December and was found undetectable. I just went in to see if the devil had returned. -dz-

Guest guest

Terry why are you experiencing lumps and bruises? does the treatment do that? giglebut

Dave, I know what you mean about the lump's & bruies, The last 5 & 1/2 monthes I have got my share. My doctor say's that I am kicking the dragons butt good. So I can live with a few lumps & bruies. I have a lot of help here, home & our church. Terry imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

Thank you. I kicked his ass good, but walked away with a few lumps and bruises myself. But he hasn't taken the fight out of me yet! Now that he knows how much help I have, he'll think twice before a return match! -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Guest guest

Jan you know I've been as close with you as anybody, your prayers helped and I got a good result, now I want to be here to help you do the same. How is your treatment coming along? -dz-

Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dave you are in my prayers the results come out in your favor!!!

Guest guest

Dave you are such a sweetie..I am so happy about your news!! That's great!! I hoep I can stick out tx this time too...I miss you..

Guest guest

I don't think you can be obnoxious with good news.

It's what keeps those of us on treatment from

quitting. We all want to be dragonslayers.

Sharon

--- imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

>

> My grandpa always told me, when I got a little

> banged up with a black eye or cut lip or whatever to

> just tell them they should see the other guy! Well

> there's one sorry looking dragon limping around

> behind me. I had a lot of support all the way. My

> wife, this group, my church, and especially the

> fellowship group within the church. You can't

> overestimate the power of prayer. Hang in there.

> Forgive me if I'm being obnoxious over my good news,

> but I have shared every pain and fear and trouble

> along the way and you guys have all been there for

> me, now I want to share in my happiness too. You

> were (and still are) a big part of it. -dz-

Guest guest

Not real lumps & bruies. But it just drains you. About all I have been up to is holding down my job & some times not even that. ce starting the treatment almost 6 monthes ago I have missed work 4 times & left early several times. It is a good thing that I am salary.

Terry

debb ie henning <giglebutt2002@...> wrote:

Terry why are you experiencing lumps and bruises? does the treatment do that? giglebut Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Guest guest

Share all you want. It's good hearing good news, it gives us all hope during our battle with the dragon. I know what you mean about support. My loving wife, this group, our church & 2 of our family's churches back in Mo.

Terry

imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

My grandpa always told me, when I got a little banged up with a black eye or cut lip or whatever to just tell them they should see the other guy! Well there's one sorry looking dragon limping around behind me. I had a lot of support all the way. My wife, this group, my church, and especially the fellowship group within the church. You can't overestimate the power of prayer. Hang in there. Forgive me if I'm being obnoxious over my good news, but I have shared every pain and fear and trouble along the way and you guys have all been there for me, now I want to share in my happiness too. You were (and still are) a big part of it. -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Guest guest

I did much the same. Some days after a bad night it was just too much to come in to work. My sleeping habits are still not quite back to normal, though they're getting there. -dz-

Not real lumps & bruies. But it just drains you. About all I have been up to is holding down my job & some times not even that. ce starting the treatment almost 6 monthes ago I have missed work 4 times & left early several times. It is a good thing that I am salary. Terry debb ie henning <giglebutt2002@...> wrote:

Terry why are you experiencing lumps and bruises? does the treatment do that? giglebut Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Guest guest

I know it always helped me to know that people were having success. I am so happy to have a long term response, yet I remember that there are many of us still suffering and many more that don't even know they are infected with this virus. I wait to hear more good news from others in the group. -dz-

Share all you want. It's good hearing good news, it gives us all hope during our battle with the dragon. I know what you mean about support. My loving wife, this group, our church & 2 of our family's churches back in Mo. Terry imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

My grandpa always told me, when I got a little banged up with a black eye or cut lip or whatever to just tell them they should see the other guy! Well there's one sorry looking dragon limping around behind me. I had a lot of support all the way. My wife, this group, my church, and especially the fellowship group within the church. You can't overestimate the power of prayer. Hang in there. Forgive me if I'm being obnoxious over my good news, but I have shared every pain and fear and trouble along the way and you guys have all been there for me, now I want to share in my happiness too. You were (and still are) a big part of it. -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Guest guest

I know what you mean about sleeping haibits. I just can't seam to get comfortable, I spend part of the night in bed the rest in my Lazy-Boy.

Terry

I did much the same. Some days after a bad night it was just too much to come in to work. My sleeping habits are still not quite back to normal, though they're getting there. -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

Not real lumps & bruies. But it just drains you. About all I have been up to is holding down my job & some times not even that. ce starting the treatment almost 6 monthes ago I have missed work 4 times & left early several times. It is a good thing that I am salary. Terry debb ie henning <giglebutt2002@...> wrote:

Guest guest

I know what you mean about sleeping habits. I just can't seam to get comfortable, I spend part of the night in bed the rest in my Lazy-Boy.

Boy, does that sound familiar! I've got an old Lazy Boy, too, and even that is getting uncomfortable. The hot weather doesn't help much.

Regards,

Guest guest

DZ ~~

I'm so grateful that you are sharing your joy with the group. It is part of what the journey can be like and gives me hope that I can fight against this disease. Thanks for offering the hope ~~ it is a priceless gift. By sharing all the stages of the journey you will help many of us.

Looking forward to getting to know you better,

Guest guest

It cost us $$$$ "around $300 to $450 a month in the sumer", but the house is nice & cool.

Terry

Sizer <ssizer@...> wrote:

I know what you mean about sleeping habits. I just can't seam to get comfortable, I spend part of the night in bed the rest in my Lazy-Boy.

Boy, does that sound familiar! I've got an old Lazy Boy, too, and even that is getting uncomfortable. The hot weather doesn't help much.

Regards,

Guest guest

Hi

I see that you are now getting your posts. I hope that you and everyone else in the group have a good fourth of July.

I'm getting ready to smoke a brisket in a little while.

Re: [ ] pcr

DZ ~~ I'm so grateful that you are sharing your joy with the group. It is part of what the journey can be like and gives me hope that I can fight against this disease. Thanks for offering the hope ~~ it is a priceless gift. By sharing all the stages of the journey you will help many of us. Looking forward to getting to know you better, imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

Guest guest

My trouble is that I'd start nodding off in my lazy boy, then go to bed and an hour or so later I was back up in my lazy boy, reading, because I couldn't sleep. It seemed like I had that small window of opportunity to fall asleep and if I missed it, I was in for a long night. -dz-

Sizer <ssizer@...> wrote:

Regards,