RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Movie Tommy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 12/29/2005 9:30:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, inglori@... writes:

There is no end to the number of films based on the erroneous assumption that everything, including autism, is caused by some dramatic childhood trauma and can be resolved in a jiffy if you just retrieve it from memory. Very clever way of making money off of unsuspecting help-seekers, but no true for more than a few.

The main problem with the movies is that they tend to focus on full autism rather than AS. That is why I don't tell many people that I have AS because when they hear autism they automatically think Rain Man. Because I don't act like Rain Man, they don't believe there is anything "wrong" with me.

Guest guest

In a message dated 12/29/2005 9:34:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, kajira_2001@... writes:

-His Mom brought him out of it.i had to pee and missed how lol.Kajira

I used to keep an empty soft drink bottle on hand for that kind of emergency. If you check sporting goods catalogs, you might find a specially designed bottle for that purpose. Some smart person even designed an attachment so the ladies can use it too.

The only time I have done that recently is on the Sunset Limited train that runs between Mobile Alabama and ville Florida. That is because unless you have a deluxe or family compartment, you have to use community toilets and they are usually nasty. There's nothing like walking into one of those little closet sized toilets into stink so thick you can feel it. Most people also seem to be animals who don't clean up after themselves very well either. So, I usually take a strong dose of anti-diarrhea medicine to prevent having to go to the bathroom for that reason and "recycle" the water bottles provided on the train. Of course I always travel first class on that train so I at least have a private room. Most of the time I'll also pay the extra for a bedroom with a toilet.

The Viewliners that run from ville to here are newer. All first class compartments have a toilet and sink, which is very nice.

Guest guest

In a message dated 12/29/2005 9:40:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, kajira_2001@... writes:

--i think the movies like full Autism rather than ASP because it is so dramatic.Here is this person who can't take proper care of themselves but they can do amazing math problems,play pinball blind,decode secret spy messages,etc. Kajira

You have a point there. Full autism is more "dramatic" than AS.

Guest guest

There is no end to the number of films based on the erroneous assumption

that everything, including autism, is caused by some dramatic childhood

trauma and can be resolved in a jiffy if you just retrieve it from memory.

Very clever way of making money off of unsuspecting help-seekers, but no

true for more than a few.

For many of us it is the discrepancy between the way we function and our

environment that is causing the problem. Change the environment and the

problem is solved.

Never saw Tommy so I don't know if or how they solved HIS problem. :-) But I

must have a recording of Pinball Wizard still in my head because it started

playing now that you wrote about it. :-(

Inger

Movie " Tommy "

i just saw " Tommy " on TV last week,the first time i have seen it since

i was a teenager.While watching the scene with the Doctor,played by

Jack Nicholson,i realized that Tommy has a type of Autism,but not

genetic.His is caused by trauma.The Doctor says that Tommy CAN

hear,see,and talk,but has a mental block.i think that used to be called

Hysterical Blindness.And of course,his skill at pinball is a savant

skill. Kajira

FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship, support and

acceptance. Everyone is valued.

Don't forget, there are links to other FAM sites on the Links page in the

folder marked " Other FAM Sites. "

Guest guest

-- In , " Inger Lorelei "

<inglori@s...> wrote:

>

> There is no end to the number of films based on the erroneous

assumption

> that everything, including autism, is caused by some dramatic

childhood

> trauma and can be resolved in a jiffy if you just retrieve it from

memory.

> Very clever way of making money off of unsuspecting help-seekers,

but no

> true for more than a few.

>

> For many of us it is the discrepancy between the way we function

and our

> environment that is causing the problem. Change the environment and

the

> problem is solved.

>

> Never saw Tommy so I don't know if or how they solved HIS

problem. :-) But I

> must have a recording of Pinball Wizard still in my head because it

started

> playing now that you wrote about it. :-(

>

> Inger

>

>

> Movie " Tommy "

>

>

> i just saw " Tommy " on TV last week,the first time i have seen it

since

> i was a teenager.While watching the scene with the Doctor,played by

> Jack Nicholson,i realized that Tommy has a type of Autism,but not

> genetic.His is caused by trauma.The Doctor says that Tommy CAN

> hear,see,and talk,but has a mental block.i think that used to be

called

> Hysterical Blindness.And of course,his skill at pinball is a savant

> skill. Kajira

>

>

>

>

>

>

> FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship,

support and

> acceptance. Everyone is valued.

>

> Don't forget, there are links to other FAM sites on the Links page

in the

> folder marked " Other FAM Sites. "

>

Guest guest

-Oh God yes i hear those Rain Man jokes all the time.Then i have to

explain about Temple Grandin and maybe Bill Gates,etc. Kajira

-- In , VISIGOTH@A... wrote:

>

>

> In a message dated 12/29/2005 9:30:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> inglori@s... writes:

>

assumption

childhood

memory.

but no

>

>

>

> The main problem with the movies is that they tend to focus on full

autism

> rather than AS. That is why I don't tell many people that I have AS

because

> when they hear autism they automatically think Rain Man. Because I

don't act

> like Rain Man, they don't believe there is anything " wrong " with

me.

>

>

>

Guest guest

LOL!! Don't you hate it when that happens? :-D

Inger

Movie " Tommy "

>

>

since

called

> skill. Kajira

>

>

>

>

>

>

support and

>

in the

>

Guest guest

: > The main problem with the movies is that they tend to focus on full autism rather than AS. That is why I don't tell many people that I have AS because when they hear autism they automatically think Rain Man. Because I don't act like Rain Man, they don't believe there is anything "wrong" with me.

Right! Very annoying logic.

Inger

Guest guest

--i think the movies like full Autism rather than ASP because it is

so dramatic.Here is this person who can't take proper care of

themselves but they can do amazing math problems,play pinball

blind,decode secret spy messages,etc. Kajira

- In , " kajira_2001 "

<kajira_2001@y...> wrote:

>

> -Oh God yes i hear those Rain Man jokes all the time.Then i have to

> explain about Temple Grandin and maybe Bill Gates,etc. Kajira

>

>

> -- In , VISIGOTH@A... wrote:

> >

> >

> > In a message dated 12/29/2005 9:30:08 P.M. Eastern Standard

Time,

> > inglori@s... writes:

> >

> > There is no end to the number of films based on the erroneous

> assumption

> > that everything, including autism, is caused by some dramatic

> childhood

> > trauma and can be resolved in a jiffy if you just retrieve it

from

> memory.

> > Very clever way of making money off of unsuspecting help-

seekers,

> but no

> > true for more than a few.

> >

> >

> >

> > The main problem with the movies is that they tend to focus on

full

> autism

> > rather than AS. That is why I don't tell many people that I have

AS

> because

> > when they hear autism they automatically think Rain Man. Because

I

> don't act

> > like Rain Man, they don't believe there is anything " wrong " with

> me.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

OK, one last reply before I go....

My new DVD with hard-drive has this function where you can record the film, go to the loo, and get back to watch where you left off while it still keeps recording the rest of the film. How cool is that? (Answer: a lot cooler - and dryer - than peeing in a cup, lol!) :-D

Inger

Re: Re: Movie "Tommy"

In a message dated 12/29/2005 9:34:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, kajira_2001@... writes:

I used to keep an empty soft drink bottle on hand for that kind of emergency. If you check sporting goods catalogs, you might find a specially designed bottle for that purpose. Some smart person even designed an attachment so the ladies can use it too.

The only time I have done that recently is on the Sunset Limited train that runs between Mobile Alabama and ville Florida. That is because unless you have a deluxe or family compartment, you have to use community toilets and they are usually nasty. There's nothing like walking into one of those little closet sized toilets into stink so thick you can feel it. Most people also seem to be animals who don't clean up after themselves very well either. So, I usually take a strong dose of anti-diarrhea medicine to prevent having to go to the bathroom for that reason and "recycle" the water bottles provided on the train. Of course I always travel first class on that train so I at least have a private room. Most of the time I'll also pay the extra for a bedroom with a toilet.

The Viewliners that run from ville to here are newer. All first class compartments have a toilet and sink, which is very nice.

Guest guest

P.S. But thanks for the tip, anyway. :-)

Inger

Re: Re: Movie "Tommy"

Guest guest

I have seen Tommy, which is based on the rock opera by The Who ( also one of my obsessions), Tommy is not autistic, he is traumatized into blindness, deafness and dumbness by his parents, and isn't cured until his mother beats it out of him. The entire opera is about following a false g-d figure, and how people can be lead astray over foolish things. Pete Townsend was actually writing about how people foolishly follow rock stars to the end of the earth and do all kinds of crazy things to get their g-ds to look upon the kindly. Eventually in the end the facade is seen through the false g-d falls and all goes back to normal. BethInger Lorelei <inglori@...> wrote: There is no end to the number of films based on the erroneous assumption that everything, including

autism, is caused by some dramatic childhood trauma and can be resolved in a jiffy if you just retrieve it from memory. Very clever way of making money off of unsuspecting help-seekers, but no true for more than a few.For many of us it is the discrepancy between the way we function and our environment that is causing the problem. Change the environment and the problem is solved.Never saw Tommy so I don't know if or how they solved HIS problem. :-) But I must have a recording of Pinball Wizard still in my head because it started playing now that you wrote about it. :-(Inger Movie "Tommy"i just saw "Tommy" on TV last week,the first time i have seen it sincei was a teenager.While watching the scene with the

Doctor,played byJack Nicholson,i realized that Tommy has a type of Autism,but notgenetic.His is caused by trauma.The Doctor says that Tommy CANhear,see,and talk,but has a mental block.i think that used to be calledHysterical Blindness.And of course,his skill at pinball is a savantskill. KajiraFAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship, support and acceptance. Everyone is valued.Don't forget, there are links to other FAM sites on the Links page in the folder marked "Other FAM Sites."

Guest guest

In a message dated 12/30/2005 11:06:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, mikecarrie01@... writes:

, my husband loves trains and wants to take a trip on one. It sounds appealing to me. Do you know any to recommend or have any tips about taking a train trip?

Probably the easiest way to work that out is to start at www.Amtrak.com . On that site you can see train routes, schedules and fares. You can then use other websites to check out local attractions at different places along the way.

Coach is the cheapest way to go, but I have never taken it. Business class isn't bad if it is offered on the route you are interested in. Usually business class trains only have a lounge car with a snack bar rather than a full dining car. First class is rather more expensive, but you do get your own little compartment, for which there are dimensions and details on the Amtrak site. First class trains also have a coach section as well as a lounge car and dining car which serves three full meals per day.

I am only really familiar with the east coast lines and the line between ville, Florida and New Orleans, Louisiana. Unfortunately that section is out of service thanks to Katrina and Rita. I don't know why it is still down though since freight is running and much of the other service has been restored. Must be that some of the stations got knocked out.

One last thing. You can expect the trains to be running late. Because Amtrak owns only portions of the rails, it mostly runs on freight line track. This means they tend to run late.

Guest guest

In a message dated 12/30/2005 11:06:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, mikecarrie01@... writes:

, my husband loves trains and wants to take a trip on one. It sounds appealing to me. Do you know any to recommend or have any tips about taking a train trip?

Probably the easiest way to work that out is to start at www.Amtrak.com . On that site you can see train routes, schedules and fares. You can then use other websites to check out local attractions at different places along the way.

Coach is the cheapest way to go, but I have never taken it. Business class isn't bad if it is offered on the route you are interested in. Usually business class trains only have a lounge car with a snack bar rather than a full dining car. First class is rather more expensive, but you do get your own little compartment, for which there are dimensions and details on the Amtrak site. First class trains also have a coach section as well as a lounge car and dining car which serves three full meals per day.

I am only really familiar with the east coast lines and the line between ville, Florida and New Orleans, Louisiana. Unfortunately that section is out of service thanks to Katrina and Rita. I don't know why it is still down though since freight is running and much of the other service has been restored. Must be that some of the stations got knocked out.

One last thing. You can expect the trains to be running late. Because Amtrak owns only portions of the rails, it mostly runs on freight line track. This means they tend to run late.

Guest guest

, my husband loves trains and wants to take a trip on one. It

sounds appealing to me. Do you know any to recommend or have any tips

about taking a train trip?

>

>

> In a message dated 12/29/2005 9:34:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> kajira_2001@y... writes:

>

> -His Mom brought him out of it.i had to pee and missed how

lol.Kajira

>

>

>

> I used to keep an empty soft drink bottle on hand for that kind of

> emergency. If you check sporting goods catalogs, you might find a

specially designed

> bottle for that purpose. Some smart person even designed an

attachment so the

> ladies can use it too.

>

> The only time I have done that recently is on the Sunset Limited

train that

> runs between Mobile Alabama and ville Florida. That is

because unless

> you have a deluxe or family compartment, you have to use community

toilets and

> they are usually nasty. There's nothing like walking into one of

those

> little closet sized toilets into stink so thick you can feel it.

Most people also

> seem to be animals who don't clean up after themselves very well

either. So,

> I usually take a strong dose of anti-diarrhea medicine to prevent

having to

> go to the bathroom for that reason and " recycle " the water bottles

provided on

> the train. Of course I always travel first class on that train so

I at

> least have a private room. Most of the time I'll also pay the extra

for a bedroom

> with a toilet.

>

> The Viewliners that run from ville to here are newer. All

first class

> compartments have a toilet and sink, which is very nice.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hey, that's the best synopsis of the movie (rock opera) I've heard! I

love the Who, too. (Did that on purpose, could have used 'also'!)

assumption

childhood

memory.

but no

>

> For many of us it is the discrepancy between the way we function

and our

> environment that is causing the problem. Change the environment and

the

> problem is solved.

>

> Never saw Tommy so I don't know if or how they solved HIS

problem. :-) But I

> must have a recording of Pinball Wizard still in my head because it

started

> playing now that you wrote about it. :-(

>

> Inger

>

>

> Movie " Tommy "

>

>

since

called

> skill. Kajira

>

>

>

>

>

>

support and

>

in the

>

Guest guest

Thanks , I fell in love with as a kid, and had to learn everything about the Who that was possible to learn, couldn't let them go on with the misconseptions. Bethmikecarrie01 <mikecarrie01@...> wrote: Hey, that's the best synopsis of the movie (rock opera) I've heard! I love the Who, too. (Did that on purpose, could have used 'also'!)> There is no end to the number of films based on the erroneous assumption > that everything, including autism, is caused by some dramatic childhood > trauma and can be resolved in a jiffy if you just retrieve it from memory. > Very clever way of making money off of unsuspecting help-seekers, but no > true for more than a few.> > For many of us it is the discrepancy between the way we function and our > environment that is causing the problem.

Change the environment and the > problem is solved.> > Never saw Tommy so I don't know if or how they solved HIS problem. :-) But I > must have a recording of Pinball Wizard still in my head because it started > playing now that you wrote about it. :-(> > Inger> > > Movie "Tommy"> > > i just saw "Tommy" on TV last week,the first time i have seen it since> i was a teenager.While watching the scene with the Doctor,played by> Jack Nicholson,i realized that Tommy has a type of Autism,but not> genetic.His is caused by trauma.The Doctor says that Tommy CAN> hear,see,and talk,but has a mental block.i think that used to be called>

Hysterical Blindness.And of course,his skill at pinball is a savant> skill. Kajira> > > > > > > FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship, support and > acceptance. Everyone is valued.> > Don't forget, there are links to other FAM sites on the Links page in the > folder marked "Other FAM Sites.">

Guest guest

:) I had a crush on him when I was a teenager! I don't know much

about them, though, so I'm glad you do! I used to play Boris the

Spider then Ziggy Stardust by Bowie back to back over and over

again! I love I'm Free from Tommy,Love Reign O'er Me, The Song is

Over, Getting In Tune, maybe Bargain is my favorite song, I don't

know!

> > There is no end to the number of films based on the erroneous

> assumption

> > that everything, including autism, is caused by some dramatic

> childhood

> > trauma and can be resolved in a jiffy if you just retrieve it

from

> memory.

> > Very clever way of making money off of unsuspecting help-seekers,

> but no

> > true for more than a few.

> >

> > For many of us it is the discrepancy between the way we function

> and our

> > environment that is causing the problem. Change the environment

and

> the

> > problem is solved.

> >

> > Never saw Tommy so I don't know if or how they solved HIS

> problem. :-) But I

> > must have a recording of Pinball Wizard still in my head because

it

> started

> > playing now that you wrote about it. :-(

> >

> > Inger

> >

> >

> > Movie " Tommy "

> >

> >

> > i just saw " Tommy " on TV last week,the first time i have seen it

> since

> > i was a teenager.While watching the scene with the Doctor,played

by

> > Jack Nicholson,i realized that Tommy has a type of Autism,but not

> > genetic.His is caused by trauma.The Doctor says that Tommy CAN

> > hear,see,and talk,but has a mental block.i think that used to be

> called

> > Hysterical Blindness.And of course,his skill at pinball is a

savant

> > skill. Kajira

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship,

> support and

> > acceptance. Everyone is valued.

> >

> > Don't forget, there are links to other FAM sites on the Links

page

> in the

> > folder marked " Other FAM Sites. "

> >

Guest guest

Don't tell me were gonna be fighting over lol, my favorite song is Pure and Easy, I love the album Odds and Sods. I always have to go for something different. I wish Pete would get that life house project done, You know thats where the band Lifehouse got there name from. Beth mikecarrie01 <mikecarrie01@...> wrote: :) I had a crush on him when I was a teenager! I don't know much about them, though, so I'm glad you do! I used to play Boris the Spider then Ziggy Stardust by Bowie back to back over and over again! I love I'm Free from Tommy,Love Reign O'er Me, The Song is Over, Getting In Tune, maybe Bargain is my favorite song, I don't know!> > There is no end to the number of films based on the erroneous > assumption > > that everything, including autism, is caused by some dramatic > childhood > > trauma and can be resolved in a jiffy if you just retrieve it from > memory. > > Very clever way of making money off of unsuspecting help-seekers, > but no > > true for more than a few.> > > >

For many of us it is the discrepancy between the way we function > and our > > environment that is causing the problem. Change the environment and > the > > problem is solved.> > > > Never saw Tommy so I don't know if or how they solved HIS > problem. :-) But I > > must have a recording of Pinball Wizard still in my head because it > started > > playing now that you wrote about it. :-(> > > > Inger> > > > > > Movie "Tommy"> > > > > > i just saw "Tommy" on TV last week,the first time i have seen it > since> > i was a teenager.While watching the scene with the

Doctor,played by> > Jack Nicholson,i realized that Tommy has a type of Autism,but not> > genetic.His is caused by trauma.The Doctor says that Tommy CAN> > hear,see,and talk,but has a mental block.i think that used to be > called> > Hysterical Blindness.And of course,his skill at pinball is a savant> > skill. Kajira> > > > > > > > > > > > > > FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship, > support and > > acceptance. Everyone is valued.> > > > Don't forget, there are links to other FAM sites on the Links page > in the > > folder marked "Other FAM Sites."> >

Guest guest

Don't tell me were gonna be fighting over lol, my favorite song is Pure and Easy, I love the album Odds and Sods. I always have to go for something different. I wish Pete would get that life house project done, You know thats where the band Lifehouse got there name from. Beth mikecarrie01 <mikecarrie01@...> wrote: :) I had a crush on him when I was a teenager! I don't know much about them, though, so I'm glad you do! I used to play Boris the Spider then Ziggy Stardust by Bowie back to back over and over again! I love I'm Free from Tommy,Love Reign O'er Me, The Song is Over, Getting In Tune, maybe Bargain is my favorite song, I don't know!> > There is no end to the number of films based on the erroneous > assumption > > that everything, including autism, is caused by some dramatic > childhood > > trauma and can be resolved in a jiffy if you just retrieve it from > memory. > > Very clever way of making money off of unsuspecting help-seekers, > but no > > true for more than a few.> > > >

For many of us it is the discrepancy between the way we function > and our > > environment that is causing the problem. Change the environment and > the > > problem is solved.> > > > Never saw Tommy so I don't know if or how they solved HIS > problem. :-) But I > > must have a recording of Pinball Wizard still in my head because it > started > > playing now that you wrote about it. :-(> > > > Inger> > > > > > Movie "Tommy"> > > > > > i just saw "Tommy" on TV last week,the first time i have seen it > since> > i was a teenager.While watching the scene with the

Doctor,played by> > Jack Nicholson,i realized that Tommy has a type of Autism,but not> > genetic.His is caused by trauma.The Doctor says that Tommy CAN> > hear,see,and talk,but has a mental block.i think that used to be > called> > Hysterical Blindness.And of course,his skill at pinball is a savant> > skill. Kajira> > > > > > > > > > > > > > FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship, > support and > > acceptance. Everyone is valued.> > > > Don't forget, there are links to other FAM sites on the Links page > in the > > folder marked "Other FAM Sites."> >

Guest guest

Well I have noticed there seems to be more of an awarness of AS

around and people tend to notice I am even before I knew I was!

Since I have more awarness I try to compensate for my lacking areas

somewhat - like eye contact - as much as I dislike it I try to make

the effort after been told that my eye contact was not good. I know

the other person generally wants, prefers eye contact - but I still

hate it unless it is with someone whom I am intimate with or my son.

Strangely enough I have no problems with eye contact with babies or

cats.

>

>

> In a message dated 12/29/2005 9:30:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> inglori@s... writes:

>

assumption

childhood

memory.

but no

>

>

>

> The main problem with the movies is that they tend to focus on full

autism

> rather than AS. That is why I don't tell many people that I have AS

because

> when they hear autism they automatically think Rain Man. Because I

don't act

> like Rain Man, they don't believe there is anything " wrong " with

me.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Oh, no, you can have him! I began to feel that Pete Townsend was

treating him like just a pretty face and that persona kind of wore on

me. Besides, you are a truly devoted fan and you deserve him. (I must

say, though, I thought he was exceptionally handsome in the Eminence

Front video!) I don't know Odds and Sods, I'll have to give it a

listen. It must consist of some non-popular gems that are lovely to

discover.

> > > There is no end to the number of films based on the erroneous

> > assumption

> > > that everything, including autism, is caused by some dramatic

> > childhood

> > > trauma and can be resolved in a jiffy if you just retrieve it

> from

> > memory.

> > > Very clever way of making money off of unsuspecting help-

seekers,

> > but no

> > > true for more than a few.

> > >

> > > For many of us it is the discrepancy between the way we

function

> > and our

> > > environment that is causing the problem. Change the environment

> and

> > the

> > > problem is solved.

> > >

> > > Never saw Tommy so I don't know if or how they solved HIS

> > problem. :-) But I

> > > must have a recording of Pinball Wizard still in my head

because

> it

> > started

> > > playing now that you wrote about it. :-(

> > >

> > > Inger

> > >

> > >

> > > Movie " Tommy "

> > >

> > >

> > > i just saw " Tommy " on TV last week,the first time i have seen

it

> > since

> > > i was a teenager.While watching the scene with the

Doctor,played

> by

> > > Jack Nicholson,i realized that Tommy has a type of Autism,but

not

> > > genetic.His is caused by trauma.The Doctor says that Tommy CAN

> > > hear,see,and talk,but has a mental block.i think that used to

be

> > called

> > > Hysterical Blindness.And of course,his skill at pinball is a

> savant

> > > skill. Kajira

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship,

> > support and

> > > acceptance. Everyone is valued.

> > >

> > > Don't forget, there are links to other FAM sites on the Links

> page

> > in the

> > > folder marked " Other FAM Sites. "

> > >

Guest guest

Oh, no, you can have him! I began to feel that Pete Townsend was

treating him like just a pretty face and that persona kind of wore on

me. Besides, you are a truly devoted fan and you deserve him. (I must

say, though, I thought he was exceptionally handsome in the Eminence

Front video!) I don't know Odds and Sods, I'll have to give it a

listen. It must consist of some non-popular gems that are lovely to

discover.

> > > There is no end to the number of films based on the erroneous

> > assumption

> > > that everything, including autism, is caused by some dramatic

> > childhood

> > > trauma and can be resolved in a jiffy if you just retrieve it

> from

> > memory.

> > > Very clever way of making money off of unsuspecting help-

seekers,

> > but no

> > > true for more than a few.

> > >

> > > For many of us it is the discrepancy between the way we

function

> > and our

> > > environment that is causing the problem. Change the environment

> and

> > the

> > > problem is solved.

> > >

> > > Never saw Tommy so I don't know if or how they solved HIS

> > problem. :-) But I

> > > must have a recording of Pinball Wizard still in my head

because

> it

> > started

> > > playing now that you wrote about it. :-(

> > >

> > > Inger

> > >

> > >

> > > Movie " Tommy "

> > >

> > >

> > > i just saw " Tommy " on TV last week,the first time i have seen

it

> > since

> > > i was a teenager.While watching the scene with the

Doctor,played

> by

> > > Jack Nicholson,i realized that Tommy has a type of Autism,but

not

> > > genetic.His is caused by trauma.The Doctor says that Tommy CAN

> > > hear,see,and talk,but has a mental block.i think that used to

be

> > called

> > > Hysterical Blindness.And of course,his skill at pinball is a

> savant

> > > skill. Kajira

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > FAM Secret Society is a community based on respect, friendship,

> > support and

> > > acceptance. Everyone is valued.

> > >

> > > Don't forget, there are links to other FAM sites on the Links

> page

> > in the

> > > folder marked " Other FAM Sites. "

> > >

Guest guest

Thanks!

>

>

> In a message dated 12/30/2005 11:06:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> mikecarrie01@y... writes:

>

> , my husband loves trains and wants to take a trip on one.

It

> sounds appealing to me. Do you know any to recommend or have any

tips

> about taking a train trip?

>

>

>

> Probably the easiest way to work that out is to start at

_www.Amtrak.com_

> (http://www.Amtrak.com) . On that site you can see train routes,

schedules and

> fares. You can then use other websites to check out local

attractions at

> different places along the way.

>

> Coach is the cheapest way to go, but I have never taken it.

Business class

> isn't bad if it is offered on the route you are interested in.

Usually business

> class trains only have a lounge car with a snack bar rather than a

full

> dining car. First class is rather more expensive, but you do get

your own little

> compartment, for which there are dimensions and details on the

Amtrak site.

> First class trains also have a coach section as well as a lounge

car and

> dining car which serves three full meals per day.

>

> I am only really familiar with the east coast lines and the line

between

> ville, Florida and New Orleans, Louisiana. Unfortunately

that section is

> out of service thanks to Katrina and Rita. I don't know why it is

still down

> though since freight is running and much of the other service has

been

> restored. Must be that some of the stations got knocked out.

>

> One last thing. You can expect the trains to be running late.

Because Amtrak

> owns only portions of the rails, it mostly runs on freight line

track. This

> means they tend to run late.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks!

>

>

> In a message dated 12/30/2005 11:06:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> mikecarrie01@y... writes:

>

> , my husband loves trains and wants to take a trip on one.

It

> sounds appealing to me. Do you know any to recommend or have any

tips

> about taking a train trip?

>

>

>

> Probably the easiest way to work that out is to start at

_www.Amtrak.com_

> (http://www.Amtrak.com) . On that site you can see train routes,

schedules and

> fares. You can then use other websites to check out local

attractions at

> different places along the way.

>

> Coach is the cheapest way to go, but I have never taken it.

Business class

> isn't bad if it is offered on the route you are interested in.

Usually business

> class trains only have a lounge car with a snack bar rather than a

full

> dining car. First class is rather more expensive, but you do get

your own little

> compartment, for which there are dimensions and details on the

Amtrak site.

> First class trains also have a coach section as well as a lounge

car and

> dining car which serves three full meals per day.

>

> I am only really familiar with the east coast lines and the line

between

> ville, Florida and New Orleans, Louisiana. Unfortunately

that section is

> out of service thanks to Katrina and Rita. I don't know why it is

still down

> though since freight is running and much of the other service has

been

> restored. Must be that some of the stations got knocked out.

>

> One last thing. You can expect the trains to be running late.

Because Amtrak

> owns only portions of the rails, it mostly runs on freight line

track. This

> means they tend to run late.

>

>

>