RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

hello!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I will have to find out what those other options are. I don't want her to be harassed any more.

Re: ( ) Re: Hello!

It sounds like she is in the wrong kind of classroom. My ds was put in a class of "behavior problems" in middle school. It was the worst experience we've gone through! First, we were told it was an LD class. It took me 3 months to figure out what it really was and to get him removed. But his behavior deteriorated a lot in that class because there were so many problems with all the kids in the class. Once we put him out of there, he suddenly "improved" behavior and did fine. On a funny note, my ds hated his teacher of this class too! Her name was "Mrs. Laneville" and he used to say ominously, "She even has 'evil' in her name!" Well, yep! She did! lol. And after a meeting with her, which went horribly, I agreed with him. lol.

Roxanna

Autism Happens

( ) Re: Hello!

Hi Deb & ,

Welcom to the group.

I have 14 yrs old boy girl twins. Last year in middle school my

aspie son was punched in the mouth by a boy, when he went to his

locker. I got a call at work from the nurse telling me about it. He

was shaken up, and has some miner cuts on his lips, mainly from the

braces. When I went home was OK. He couldn't remember the boys

name. The prinicpal had driven him home from school. The next day

the school called to tell me that that boy had been given a 2 day

suspension. I was happy with the way the school handled it.

My son is non-violent, sometimes likes to talk a lot when he is

around people but a great kid, with the aspie quirks.

His NT twins sister tells me all the silly things he does, but this

year he seems to have matured. I don't know.

Anyway, I just wanted to share our experience. I have been dreading

these years since they were young.

I hope things go better for your daughter. Again , welcome.

(in PA)

>

> I just joined your group!

>

> My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-

> years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School)

have

> been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she

> will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high

school,

> but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took

> her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking

> about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at

> them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that

> and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew

those

> boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by

> herself after school when someone threw something at our house.

She

> was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her

> Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I

called

> the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has

got

> to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I

> called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice.

He

> stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off

the

> bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that

she

> had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make

> sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and

> told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911.

>

> The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled

> out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who

> were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and

took

> him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and

I

> are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The

> kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving

> dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it

> now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should

> have saved the messages.

>

> was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior

> to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a

neurologist.

> The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the

kids

> picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class,

> which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no

> longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama

> theater class this year and she loves it!

>

> Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did

you

> do about it?

>

> Thanks!

> Deb &

> NJ

>

Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail!

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.

Answers - Check it out.

Debbie Salerno

Maine Coon Rescue

Board Member

Eastern Regional Director

DNA Manager

www.mainecoonrescue.net

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel and lay it on us.

Guest guest

Deb, Glad to hear things are starting to turn toward a better direction! debmetsfan@... wrote: Thank you, ! All the support from everyone really helps! I guess I am lucky that tells me everything. I told her to let me know everything that happens this week so I can call and complain! :-) She said today was pretty

good, except for Steve throwing paper at her and one boy calling her names. He's been talked to by the school counselor but she can't get him to stop. So now I come along. I'll see if the vice principal or the police officer will talk to him. She said no one bothered her in the cafeteria today. So maybe we are making progress! Deb In a message dated 10/9/2007 10:22:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, auburntiger87 writes: Deb, Keep the lines of communication open with . She's received quite a battering and I know from my own experience that it can take a toll. It is so important that she continues to open

up to you. My own daughter went through a serious depression 2 years ago and thankfully our family physician saw signs and she opened up to him. The depression was already there but unfortunately a combination of the wrong meds threw gasoline on it and she was on a downward spiral. We got her in counseling, straightened out the meds situation and now she is probably the most comfortable she has ever been in her life. It is more difficult to be a kid in today's world than it was years ago and when you have a special circumstance that complicates things even further. Hang tough! Continue doing whatever you have to do to protect your sweet girl. I will continue to pray for you both, debmetsfanaol wrote: Thank you, ! We're doing the best that we can! I just feel so bad for her. She used to be so happy and friendly and then, since 5th grade, she was so depressed and withdrawn. She has fun with her friend, Genna, though. I used to be picked on in elementary school because I was so quiet but all of that stopped in high school. I expected the same for and to see it continue is what is getting me mad. She has had enough already and so have I! Deb In a message dated 10/8/2007 2:35:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, auburntiger87 writes: Debbie and , I just read your post and my heart breaks for you both. My daughter, who is now a senior in high school, experienced quite a bit of harassment in middle school. The disciplinary dean took care of the situation when a fellow student was badgering my daughter. But in 8th grade a student said obscenities to my daughter everyday, in front of the teacher, and was never reprimanded. My daughter never told me until years later. She didn't tell me in 8th grade for fear that her teacher would hold it against her if I had come in and complained about the situation, (which she knows I would have). I could have died when she told me what she had dealt with for an entire school year in her History class. No one should be verbally abused like that and for the teacher to be a witness and not put an end to it is unexcusable! Thankfully, your daughter is communicating with you about the day to day

circumstances at her school, which is so important. Continue to hold the school accountable! They have an obigation to to provide her with a learning environment where she can feel safe and comfortable! It is tragic that parents have to become a screeching wheel before schools start doing the right thing for our children! I applaud you for what you are doing! Keep up the good work! in FLdebbie <debmetsfanaol> wrote: I just joined your group!My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high

school, but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell

me that she had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should have saved the messages. was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. The psychiatrist

suggested that we change schools because of the kids picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama theater class this year and she loves it!Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you do about it?Thanks!Deb & NJ Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell. Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.net See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage. Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel and lay it on us. Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.net See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel and lay it on us.

Guest guest

Hi. So, when you've suggested an aide, what has been their response? I think it would help a lot,,,,,just someone there. Just in case. Robindebmetsfan@... wrote: I keep suggesting that the last period class get an aid. There are 10 kids in the class (the max allowed for the resource room) and the teacher told me that they are all discipline problems! doesn't like her for some reason, and the teacher gave her

detention tomorrow for calling her a bitch. said a boy called her names and the teacher yelled at him but everyone was laughing and told them all to shut up. The teacher told to leave the class; refused. She finally did but then she called the teacher a bitch. The teacher said growls at her when she passes her in the hallway. is very difficult to deal with and I know that she has made at least one teacher cry in the past. It's really difficult because if it's not the other kids causing trouble, then is getting into her own trouble. Deb In a message dated 10/9/2007 9:14:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jrisjs writes: Man Deb. I really hurt for your daughter and you. This sounds like serious crap. Even if it's not physically harming her...........her having to call you and then her having to tell them that you'll have the cops go to his house is what's gonna make those bastards do it more. Why can't people teach their fricken kids to be nice? Do you have options as to somewhere else to send her? OR - since she probably has an IEP,,,,,,,,,,is there any way you can demand an aide be with her from now on? Not that she has to HELP her,,,,,but to be a presence? Whether your daughter wants it or not............it's just out of control. And the school SHOULDN'T say no to this. Especially if they know about lots of the stuff that's been going on. Legally,,,,you should be able to demand some support for her. Let us know how it's going. We're all sad for you both. Hugs. Robindebmetsfanaol wrote: Thanks, ! It's nice to be able to talk to other people who have the same issues! said there were no problems today except for one boy throwing paper balls at her on the bus. She told him to stop but he wouldn't. She called me from her cell phone. I told her to tell him that I would be sending the police to his house if he doesn't stop. He said, "For what? I didn't do anything!" I asked if anyone saw him throwing the paper balls at her, and she said her friend Genna did. I don't know how much of this is just kid stuff or what is harassment. Throwing something at my house is definitely

not right. Deb ( ) Re: Hello! Hi Deb & ,Welcom to the group.I have 14 yrs old boy girl twins. Last year in middle school my aspie son was punched in the mouth by a boy, when he went to his locker. I got a call at work from the nurse telling me about it. He was shaken up, and has some miner cuts on his lips, mainly from the braces. When I went home was OK. He couldn't remember the boys name. The prinicpal had driven him home from school. The next day the school called to tell me that that boy had been given a 2 day suspension. I

was happy with the way the school handled it. My son is non-violent, sometimes likes to talk a lot when he is around people but a great kid, with the aspie quirks.His NT twins sister tells me all the silly things he does, but this year he seems to have matured. I don't know.Anyway, I just wanted to share our experience. I have been dreading these years since they were young.I hope things go better for your daughter. Again , welcome. (in PA) >> I just joined your group!> > My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 > years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have > been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she

> will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, > but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took > her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking > about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at > them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that > and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those > boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by > herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She > was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her > Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called > the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got > to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I > called the police to file a report. The officer

was really nice. He > stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the > bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she > had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make > sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and > told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. > > The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled > out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who > were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took > him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I > are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The > kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving > dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it > now, not even her best

friend. But the officer said that I should > have saved the messages.> > was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior > to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. > The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids > picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, > which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no > longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama > theater class this year and she loves it!> > Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you > do about it?> > Thanks!> Deb & > NJ> Email and AIM finally together. You've

gotta check out free AOL Mail! Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out. Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.net See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Autos.

Guest guest

I had a teacher's meeting (IEP case manager's suggestion) on the third day of school. I suggested an aide because 's drama teacher was saying how had an outburst in class. They asked me what my idea of an aide was. I told them someone who monitors the classroom and . When they see getting upset, they can remove her from the situation. Nothing was done about it. They really need one on the bus. I usually fight with them over that every year and I usually win. Probably because starts getting in trouble, too, and they tell me that she will be suspended from the bus. I tell them not until they get an aide on there to alleviate the situation.

Deb

In a message dated 10/10/2007 10:38:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jrisjs@... writes:

Hi.

So, when you've suggested an aide, what has been their response?

I think it would help a lot,,,,,just someone there. Just in case.

Robindebmetsfanaol wrote:

I keep suggesting that the last period class get an aid. There are 10 kids in the class (the max allowed for the resource room) and the teacher told me that they are all discipline problems! doesn't like her for some reason, and the teacher gave her detention tomorrow for calling her a bitch. said a boy called her names and the teacher yelled at him but everyone was laughing and told them all to shut up. The teacher told to leave the class; refused. She finally did but then she called the teacher a bitch. The teacher said growls at her when she passes her in the hallway. is very difficult to deal with and I know that she has made at least one teacher cry in the past. It's really difficult because if it's not the other kids causing trouble, then is getting into her own trouble.

Deb

In a message dated 10/9/2007 9:14:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jrisjs writes:

Man Deb.

I really hurt for your daughter and you.

This sounds like serious crap. Even if it's not physically harming her...........her having to call you and then her having to tell them that you'll have the cops go to his house is what's gonna make those bastards do it more.

Why can't people teach their fricken kids to be nice?

Do you have options as to somewhere else to send her?

OR - since she probably has an IEP,,,,,,,,,,is there any way you can demand an aide be with her from now on? Not that she has to HELP her,,,,,but to be a presence?

Whether your daughter wants it or not............it's just out of control.

And the school SHOULDN'T say no to this. Especially if they know about lots of the stuff that's been going on.

Legally,,,,you should be able to demand some support for her.

Let us know how it's going.

We're all sad for you both.

Hugs.

Robindebmetsfanaol wrote:

Thanks, ! It's nice to be able to talk to other people who have the same issues!

said there were no problems today except for one boy throwing paper balls at her on the bus. She told him to stop but he wouldn't. She called me from her cell phone. I told her to tell him that I would be sending the police to his house if he doesn't stop. He said, "For what? I didn't do anything!" I asked if anyone saw him throwing the paper balls at her, and she said her friend Genna did.

I don't know how much of this is just kid stuff or what is harassment. Throwing something at my house is definitely not right.

Deb

Hi Deb & ,Welcom to the group.I have 14 yrs old boy girl twins. Last year in middle school my aspie son was punched in the mouth by a boy, when he went to his locker. I got a call at work from the nurse telling me about it. He was shaken up, and has some miner cuts on his lips, mainly from the braces. When I went home was OK. He couldn't remember the boys name. The prinicpal had driven him home from school. The next day the school called to tell me that that boy had been given a 2 day suspension. I was happy with the way the school handled it. My son is non-violent, sometimes likes to talk a lot when he is around people but a great kid, with the aspie quirks.His NT twins sister tells me all the silly things he does, but this year he seems to have matured. I don't know.Anyway, I just wanted to share our experience. I have been dreading these years since they were young.I hope things go better for your daughter. Again , welcome. (in PA) >> I just joined your group!> > My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 > years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have > been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she > will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, > but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took > her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking > about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at > them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that > and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those > boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by > herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She > was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her > Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called > the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got > to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I > called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He > stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the > bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she > had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make > sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and > told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. > > The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled > out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who > were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took > him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I > are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The > kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving > dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it > now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should > have saved the messages.> > was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior > to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. > The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids > picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, > which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no > longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama > theater class this year and she loves it!> > Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you > do about it?> > Thanks!> Deb & > NJ>

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.net

Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Autos.

Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.netSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Guest guest

I guess he doesn't listen! And another boy keeps calling her a b*tch. I don't think the school counselor is doing any good so from now on, it's the VP or the police officer.

Deb

In a message dated 10/10/2007 7:13:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, madideas@... writes:

Why can't the school counselor get him to stop?

RoxannaAutism Happens

Re: ( ) Hello!

Thank you, ! All the support from everyone really helps!

I guess I am lucky that tells me everything. I told her to let me know everything that happens this week so I can call and complain! :-) She said today was pretty good, except for Steve throwing paper at her and one boy calling her names. He's been talked to by the school counselor but she can't get him to stop. So now I come along. I'll see if the vice principal or the police officer will talk to him. She said no one bothered her in the cafeteria today. So maybe we are making progress!

Deb

In a message dated 10/9/2007 10:22:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, auburntiger87 writes:

Deb,

Keep the lines of communication open with . She's received quite a battering and I know from my own experience that it can take a toll. It is so important that she continues to open up to you. My own daughter went through a serious depression 2 years ago and thankfully our family physician saw signs and she opened up to him. The depression was already there but unfortunately a combination of the wrong meds threw gasoline on it and she was on a downward spiral. We got her in counseling, straightened out the meds situation and now she is probably the most comfortable she has ever been in her life. It is more difficult to be a kid in today's world than it was years ago and when you have a special circumstance that complicates things even further. Hang tough! Continue doing whatever you have to do to protect your sweet girl.

I will continue to pray for you both,

debmetsfanaol wrote:

Thank you, ! We're doing the best that we can! I just feel so bad for her. She used to be so happy and friendly and then, since 5th grade, she was so depressed and withdrawn. She has fun with her friend, Genna, though.

I used to be picked on in elementary school because I was so quiet but all of that stopped in high school. I expected the same for and to see it continue is what is getting me mad. She has had enough already and so have I!

Deb

In a message dated 10/8/2007 2:35:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, auburntiger87 writes:

Debbie and ,

I just read your post and my heart breaks for you both. My daughter, who is now a senior in high school, experienced quite a bit of harassment in middle school. The disciplinary dean took care of the situation when a fellow student was badgering my daughter. But in 8th grade a student said obscenities to my daughter everyday, in front of the teacher, and was never reprimanded. My daughter never told me until years later. She didn't tell me in 8th grade for fear that her teacher would hold it against her if I had come in and complained about the situation, (which she knows I would have). I could have died when she told me what she had dealt with for an entire school year in her History class. No one should be verbally abused like that and for the teacher to be a witness and not put an end to it is unexcusable!

Thankfully, your daughter is communicating with you about the day to day circumstances at her school, which is so important. Continue to hold the school accountable! They have an obigation to to provide her with a learning environment where she can feel safe and

comfortable!

It is tragic that parents have to become a screeching wheel before schools start doing the right thing for our children! I applaud you for what you are doing! Keep up the good work!

in FLdebbie <debmetsfanaol> wrote:

I just joined your group!My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should have saved the messages. was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama theater class this year and she loves it!Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you do about it?Thanks!Deb & NJ

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.net

Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.netSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Guest guest

Yes, I would definitely by pass her if she isn't helping. I just don't understand why she isn't taking it to the principal herself once the kids didn't listen to her?

RoxannaAutism Happens

Re: ( ) Hello!

Thank you, ! All the support from everyone really helps!

I guess I am lucky that tells me everything. I told her to let me know everything that happens this week so I can call and complain! :-) She said today was pretty good, except for Steve throwing paper at her and one boy calling her names. He's been talked to by the school counselor but she can't get him to stop. So now I come along. I'll see if the vice principal or the police officer will talk to him. She said no one bothered her in the cafeteria today. So maybe we are making progress!

Deb

In a message dated 10/9/2007 10:22:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, auburntiger87 writes:

Deb,

Keep the lines of communication open with . She's received quite a battering and I know from my own experience that it can take a toll. It is so important that she continues to open up to you. My own daughter went through a serious depression 2 years ago and thankfully our family physician saw signs and she opened up to him. The depression was already there but unfortunately a combination of the wrong meds threw gasoline on it and she was on a downward spiral. We got her in counseling, straightened out the meds situation and now she is probably the most comfortable she has ever been in her life. It is more difficult to be a kid in today's world than it was years ago and when you have a special circumstance that complicates things even further. Hang tough! Continue doing whatever you have to do to protect your sweet girl.

I will continue to pray for you both,

debmetsfanaol wrote:

Thank you, ! We're doing the best that we can! I just feel so bad for her. She used to be so happy and friendly and then, since 5th grade, she was so depressed and withdrawn. She has fun with her friend, Genna, though.

I used to be picked on in elementary school because I was so quiet but all of that stopped in high school. I expected the same for and to see it continue is what is getting me mad. She has had enough already and so have I!

Deb

In a message dated 10/8/2007 2:35:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, auburntiger87 writes:

Debbie and ,

I just read your post and my heart breaks for you both. My daughter, who is now a senior in high school, experienced quite a bit of harassment in middle school. The disciplinary dean took care of the situation when a fellow student was badgering my daughter. But in 8th grade a student said obscenities to my daughter everyday, in front of the teacher, and was never reprimanded. My daughter never told me until years later. She didn't tell me in 8th grade for fear that her teacher would hold it against her if I had come in and complained about the situation, (which she knows I would have). I could have died when she told me what she had dealt with for an entire school year in her History class. No one should be verbally abused like that and for the teacher to be a witness and not put an end to it is unexcusable!

Thankfully, your daughter is communicating with you about the day to day circumstances at her school, which is so important. Continue to hold the school accountable! They have an obigation to to provide her with a learning environment where she can feel safe and

comfortable!

It is tragic that parents have to become a screeching wheel before schools start doing the right thing for our children! I applaud you for what you are doing! Keep up the good work!

in FLdebbie <debmetsfanaol> wrote:

I just joined your group!My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should have saved the messages. was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama theater class this year and she loves it!Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you do about it?Thanks!Deb & NJ

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Guest guest

The school can provide more options than that. She can be put in a different kind of classroom and not in a class with the behavior disordered kids. They could give her an aide for regular classes. If they don't have another class that fits her needs, ask them to make a class to fit her needs. They could also tutor from home as well.

RoxannaAutism Happens

Hi Deb & ,Welcom to the group.I have 14 yrs old boy girl twins. Last year in middle school my aspie son was punched in the mouth by a boy, when he went to his locker. I got a call at work from the nurse telling me about it. He was shaken up, and has some miner cuts on his lips, mainly from the braces. When I went home was OK. He couldn't remember the boys name. The prinicpal had driven him home from school. The next day the school called to tell me that that boy had been given a 2 day suspension. I was happy with the way the school handled it. My son is non-violent, sometimes likes to talk a lot when he is around people but a great kid, with the aspie quirks.His NT twins sister tells me all the silly things he does, but this year he seems to have matured. I don't know.Anyway, I just wanted to share our experience. I have been dreading these years since they were young.I hope things go better for your daughter. Again , welcome. (in PA) >> I just joined your group!> > My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 > years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have > been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she > will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, > but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took > her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking > about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at > them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that > and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those > boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by > herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She > was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her > Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called > the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got > to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I > called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He > stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the > bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she > had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make > sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and > told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. > > The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled > out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who > were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took > him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I > are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The > kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving > dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it > now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should > have saved the messages.> > was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior > to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. > The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids > picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, > which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no > longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama > theater class this year and she loves it!> > Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you > do about it?> > Thanks!> Deb & > NJ>

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

Guest guest

> Hello again Louise. I thought I recognised you. I thought I was

doing

> well with the glandulars, had slowly got up to three a day. But a

> couple of weeks ago I had some sort of an " episode " which scared

me,

>

Hi

Oh dear, so sorry to hear about your frightening " episode " (I'll

have to look through the archives here) - it'll be interesting to

hear what Dr P makes of it. At least you're seeing him soon. Yes,

definitely let us know how it goes.

I am so frustrated to have had my excellent progress on T3 derailed

by this adrenal crash, but perhaps it was a sign I just wasn't on

sufficient adrenal support. It semms I've exhausted my adrenal

reserves. So I'm now on 25mg cortisol (yikes!)and I really do need it

cos I've been all shaky etc with plummeting BP for the last week. So -

I'll keep you posted.

But the thing is that my response to the T3 was so incredible, and

unequivocal, that I KNOW getting the T3 and adrenal suuport right is

the key. So, yes I am in a setback in a certain sense, but at least I

know WHAT the problem is and what I need to do to resolve it (somehow

get adrenal support right...). And that's quite something,

considering it's taken decades to reach this realisation! lol

Take care,

Louise

Guest guest

> I am so frustrated to have had my excellent progress on T3

derailed

> by this adrenal crash,

> But the thing is that my response to the T3 was so incredible, and

> unequivocal, that I KNOW getting the T3 and adrenal suuport right

is

> the key.

Hiya Louise

I can sense your excitement at the thought that at last you've found

an answer, once you've sorted and tweaked everything correctly. I'm

genuinely pleased for you.

These adrenals are something else though, arent they? To have to

consider them as past of the equation is truly exasperating on top

of everything else but obviously very essential. In fact they seem

to be a vital component of the puzzle for some of us.

I've read many times how Cytomel can be a absolute life saver for

some people, like switching a light on. So glad it seems to be that

way for you.

Best of luck with treating your adrenals. I know you have had lots

of issues to contend with but it really does sound as though, at

long last, you're on the right road.

It's always encouraging to read of other's successes.

Take care

Guest guest

Hi

Aw, thanks for that!

However, for the time being I'm pretty much incapacitated thanks to

my feeble adrenals! No life whatsoever. I am tolerating 35mcg T3 so

it could be worse. But have just had to cancel taking my car in for

an overdue MOT because I'm too weak and faint to even think about

driving today. I just went to the local shops (literally round the

corner) and have gone all weak and shaky again. Came home and BP was

dropping on standing, from 95/64 - to 89/59. As far as I understand

this is not a good sign - low aldosterone too, no doubt. This

postural hypotension had stopped after Dr P put me on adrenal support

in May, but it seems I'm now losing ground again. Sea salt isn't

helping,

either. I've only just raised to 25mg hydrocortisone from 20, but I

clearly need even more, at least 30 I reckon. Sigh. I still get very

nervous about upping the HC.

So, yes, I know the Cytomel works for me which is quite something and

I really do want to hold on that as a beacon of hope. However, it's

now clear that in terms of my adrenal function I'm at virtually

ian levels (which is what Dr Peatfield thought when I first

saw him this May...)

And until the adrenals are right, no more raises in the T3 for me...

But thank goodness I'm tackling this with Dr P (will ring him on Wed)

and not an endo.

Best wishes,

Louise

> Hiya Louise

>

> I can sense your excitement at the thought that at last you've

found

> an answer, once you've sorted and tweaked everything correctly. I'm

> genuinely pleased for you.

>

> These adrenals are something else though, arent they? To have to

> consider them as past of the equation is truly exasperating on top

> of everything else but obviously very essential. In fact they seem

> to be a vital component of the puzzle for some of us.

>

> I've read many times how Cytomel can be a absolute life saver for

> some people, like switching a light on. So glad it seems to be that

> way for you.

>

> Best of luck with treating your adrenals. I know you have had lots

> of issues to contend with but it really does sound as though, at

> long last, you're on the right road.

>

> It's always encouraging to read of other's successes.

>

> Take care

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi

What I can't understand is that in most Thyroxine has written in the Patient Leaflet inserted in the boxes information telling the patient to tell the doctor if they have an adrenal problem. Doctors don't pay any attention to this, and we need to ask them why. If the manufacturers say that patients should not take Thyroxine if they have an adrenal problem, there must be a reason. I asked my endocrinologist and he said, this only means if a patient has Cushing's syndrome or 's disease. I asked him where he saw that information, and he didn't respond. Hmmmm!

Luv - Sheila

Hiya LouiseI can sense your excitement at the thought that at last you've found an answer, once you've sorted and tweaked everything correctly. I'm genuinely pleased for you. These adrenals are something else though, arent they? To have to consider them as past of the equation is truly exasperating on top of everything else but obviously very essential. In fact they seem to be a vital component of the puzzle for some of us.I've read many times how Cytomel can be a absolute life saver for some people, like switching a light on. So glad it seems to be that way for you. Best of luck with treating your adrenals. I know you have had lots of issues to contend with but it really does sound as though, at long last, you're on the right road.It's always encouraging to read of other's successes.Take care

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.7/1151 - Release Date: 25/11/2007 16:24

Guest guest

Telephone him tonight - your health is too important and he would be the first to agree. You ened to get his recommendation about overcoming this problem

Luv - Sheila

But thank goodness I'm tackling this with Dr P (will ring him on Wed) and not an endo.Best wishes,Louise> Hiya Louise> > I can sense your excitement at the thought that at last you've found > an answer, once you've sorted and tweaked everything correctly. I'm > genuinely pleased for you. > > These adrenals are something else though, arent they? To have to > consider them as past of the equation is truly exasperating on top > of everything else but obviously very essential. In fact they seem > to be a vital component of the puzzle for some of us.> > I've read many times how Cytomel can be a absolute life saver for > some people, like switching a light on. So glad it seems to be that > way for you. > > Best of luck with treating your adrenals. I know you have had lots > of issues to contend with but it really does sound as though, at > long last, you're on the right road.> > It's always encouraging to read of other's successes.> > Take care> > >

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.7/1151 - Release Date: 25/11/2007 16:24

Guest guest

>>>What I can't understand is that in most Thyroxine has written in the Patient Leaflet inserted in the boxes information telling the patient to tell the doctor if they have an adrenal problem. <<<<<

Has this world gone mad - when the patient has to tell the doctor what they have.

Lilian

Guest guest

Sadly Lilian - patients do have to tell their doctor what's wrong with them because doctors don't know. Why are we all members of this forum - 'cos NHS doctors can't help us?

Luv - Sheila

Has this world gone mad - when the patient has to tell the doctor what they have.

Lilian

Guest guest

Hi Caroline!

I just want to say that I have been having ear issues which I thought were

Labs for over 5 months now. My naturopath suggested I go on this diet as he

thinks it’s sinus related.... sure enough, I think he’s right and I am

finally feeling (a bit) better.

So chances are, the Labs you think you have might indeed be Candida.

Good luck and keep in touch,

Behalf Of carolinerainbowblue

Sent: January-02-08 9:28 AM

candidiasis

Subject: Hello!

Hi everyone! I'm new here and just thought I would say that the stuff

I've been reading so far has been really interesting and helpful.

I've only recently started to tackle Candida. For the last few years

I've had wierd acne, which I didn't suffer from in my teens at all. I

was also diagnosed with IBS. Then a few months ago I started to get

recurring fungal skin infections and then finally I developed eczema.

I'd just about had enough and thought it was time i started

researching to see if i could find an explanation.

That's when I came across Candida as a possible culprit. I've since

started taking anti fungals and have pretty much cut out most sugars

(though at this time of the year it's very difficult to avoid some

wine :-) ) I have been extremely good with avoiding sweet biscuits,

and chocolates though.

Almost immediately I noticed huge improvements in my skin. The fungal

infection and eczema have pretty much gone now and I haven't used the

prescribed creams for ages. The huge red sore red bumps on my chin

have also completely gone. I am only left with a few normal sized

spots that I'm sure will go as I tackle the candida further. My

stomach issues have almost completely gone too. I am soooo happy.

Recently I stopped taking the anti-fungals for a few days as I was

getting very persistent headaches which I could only put down to a

die-off rection. I will probably start again today with them.

I also eat lots of bio yoghurt and take acidophilus.

after reading some people's stories on here I am also now wondering

whether my bouts of what the dr diagnosed as Labyrinthitis, could

have been down to the Candida too.

I just wanted to share my story as most people I talk to have no idea

what Candida is and therefore are not that helpful lol!

Good luck to everyone :-)

Caroline x

Guest guest

Hi Caroline:

You're doing all the right things. Labrynthitis is a bit of mystery to doctors

in general. I know a 74 year old lady that has had some severe bouts with this

for most of her life she says and can't seem to pinpoint the cause.

I looked online and found that (for some reason) smoking is a factor, sodium in

the diet as well. I had my first bout when I was 35 and found it was definitely

caused by sodium, VERY DIZZY and Sodium is AFFECTED GREATLY by the hormone

Aldosterone, so you might ask to have that checked.

Bonnie

Hello!

Hi everyone! I'm new here and just thought I would say that the stuff

I've been reading so far has been really interesting and helpful.

I've only recently started to tackle Candida. For the last few years

I've had wierd acne, which I didn't suffer from in my teens at all. I

was also diagnosed with IBS. Then a few months ago I started to get

recurring fungal skin infections and then finally I developed eczema.

I'd just about had enough and thought it was time i started

researching to see if i could find an explanation.

That's when I came across Candida as a possible culprit. I've since

started taking anti fungals and have pretty much cut out most sugars

(though at this time of the year it's very difficult to avoid some

wine :-) ) I have been extremely good with avoiding sweet biscuits,

and chocolates though.

Almost immediately I noticed huge improvements in my skin. The fungal

infection and eczema have pretty much gone now and I haven't used the

prescribed creams for ages. The huge red sore red bumps on my chin

have also completely gone. I am only left with a few normal sized

spots that I'm sure will go as I tackle the candida further. My

stomach issues have almost completely gone too. I am soooo happy.

Recently I stopped taking the anti-fungals for a few days as I was

getting very persistent headaches which I could only put down to a

die-off rection. I will probably start again today with them.

I also eat lots of bio yoghurt and take acidophilus.

after reading some people's stories on here I am also now wondering

whether my bouts of what the dr diagnosed as Labyrinthitis, could

have been down to the Candida too.

I just wanted to share my story as most people I talk to have no idea

what Candida is and therefore are not that helpful lol!

Good luck to everyone :-)

Caroline x

Guest guest

hi caroline

after 3 years on antibiotics fro my rheumatoid arthritis i came down

with horrible dizziness nausea and fatigue. at 1st i thought i had the

flu but it wouldn't go away. now i am pretty sure it was candida becasue

on anti-fungals a candida diet huge doses of probiotics and much lower

dose of antibs - they control my arthritis - i am feeling much better.

monique

Guest guest

Hi ,

We have a husband/wife team from our HLAA in Nashville who had their surgeries

on the same day. They were on TV and it showed a picture of them with me

standing between the beds right after they had surgery. You couldn't tell in the

picture that I was holding a processor in each hand as if offering the

processors so they could hear. Both love their new hearing.

Sharon Myers

Bilateral CI user

Posted by: " " cindy4baskets@... luvinmyhonda

Hi gang!

Have not been around this site for a while...my life has been a bit

busy these last couple months.

Anyway, I am wondering if there are any husband/wife CI teams here? My

husband was implanted in November 07 so now its the two of us.

Bilateral Freedoms

9/05

7/07

---------------------------------

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/31/2008 9:09:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, catherineflfl@... writes:

I've lost 14 pounds in 30 days so am happy. I've found I really need the structure of Lindora and hope to stay on it till I get rid of all this fat! I'm 246 right now and want to get to 140.

That's great - congrats on the lbs you have lost so far!!

in WAPlanning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.

Guest guest

What type of diet and or supplements do you feel helped you most ?

In , " " <niceismyforte@...> wrote:

>

> I have been in a situation with Chronic Pain for about 10 years and

> over 4 of which I was in bed for most of that time... I have

> Fybriomyalgia, Chronic Fatigue and some other conditions. I went to

the

> Dr. for injections, one in each hip of Toradol and Demerol. I

couldn't

> turn my head from side to side without it. I feel for you. I am

> getting better now... Eating Organic, Supplements, Vit. I am hoping

to

> be able to start lite work outs soon. Hang in there!

>

Guest guest

Welcome Debby,

Sorry to hear your dx of RA. Are you on any meds right now? This is

a great place, so hope you will stay awhile, Tawny

--- In , " debannprice " <debannprice@...>

wrote:

>

> I am new to group. I have RA dx for 3 years. I am good some days and

> not so good other. Thank You for having me in the group Debby

>

Guest guest

Debby and group;

Hi Debby and welcome to our humble group. WE are a caring and kind

group. Sorry to hear you have RA. I have gotton a lot of information

reading our post here. WE are glad to have you Debby. I hope you

enjoy the post as much as I do.

Don't be shy and feel free to ask any question you need to ask.

Everyone will do what ever they can to occomindate you. It's always a

pleasure to meet new people here. I am just so sorry its uder these

circumstances.

gentle hugs

Clora

>

>

Guest guest

Debby,

Welcome to the group. I hope you find it as enlightening and helpful

as I do. I love this group.

Shirley

--- In , " debannprice " <debannprice@...>

wrote:

>

>

Guest guest

Plagio Severity:

0-3 mm is normal

<6 mm is very mild

6-10 mm is mild

10-15 mm is moderate

15+ mm is severe

Molly

Novato, California

Nicolas, 3, tort & plagio, STARband (CIRS Oakland) 4/24/06-9/12/06,

Graduate!

, 5.5

, 9

Hello!

Hello all - I'm new to all this and I wanted to introduce myself. My

name is Aimee and my 4-month old son, Marcus, is getting his band on

Halloween. I first noticed that his head was flat when he was two

months old. His peds noticed too, but they didnt really explain what

to do about it, nor did they think it was all that serious. I started

aggressive repositioning, eventually having Marcus sleep all night and

during all naps on his belly, and avoiding as much as possible the car

seat, bouncers, and swings. His head got better, but not much. I

finally pushed my peds to refer me to someone. They sent me to a PT

who said he has tort (not sure if I agree, but that's another story)

and then I pushed harder for a referral to CT. We're happy that we're

getting him banded so young and hopeful that we'll have good results.

I'm also very thankful that I found this forum!!

Two questions, if I may: 1) Can anyone recommend a good artist in the

DC/NOVA area to decorate the band? My husband and I are both

artistically challenged. I emailed Ellie Doyle based on

recommendations from this forum but I got no response. 2) Does anyone

know the range of what constitutes mild, moderate, and severe plagio?

My son's cranial vault asymmetry is 8mm and I was curious what that

meant on a comparative scale.

Thanks!

Aimee

------------------------------------

For more plagio info

Guest guest

Hi le,

Just wanted to congradulate you on your decision to start Enbrel and it worked

it's miricle on your daughter.My son was diagnosed June of 2000 shortly before

his 3rd b-day.He was systemic and so very sick,it took alot of fighting but we

got a tentative diagnosis in 21 days.He was already on Motrin they put him on

30mg Prelone but we had to wait another 3 weeks before starting MTX,the official

6 weeks of symptoms.Months passed and eventualy at 3 he was maxed out on 25mg

subq.They then went ahead and just maxed him out on Plaquenil with some sucess

but not much.We were able however to get below 9mg Prelone with out the systemic

flare.He was left with a very resistant lft ankle so we had it drained and

injected.The steroid taper made it to 3mg and no systemic flare but that ankle

swelled up huge again after only 1 month.Georgina our moderator posted an e-mail

about Enbrel and a phase 3 safety study being done at Cincinnati

Children's.Dr.Lovell is the one

that did the original phase 1 and 2 parts of the study.I called him up and

qualified.We had to postpone the first visit because was in a

cast,left ankle,after 2nd drainage and injection and refusal to wear his boot.

Enbrel was aproved for JRA in late 99 early 2000 but the demand was higher then

the production so they had a waiting list.In Dec 2000 we sent in our prospective

patient form and just days later Enbrels web site  said that no one else would

be able to obtain Enbrel until the new RI plant was up and running.We sat on

that list for 9 long months before joing the 3 yr safety study.

was given a 50% chance of it working due to him being systemic,luckily for

us had gone 6 months with no systemic symptoms.The only way for us to get

Enbrel was due to entering the study,we had a special piece of paper with a

number on it that the pharmacy had to call in.Nine days after the first shot

woke up running into our room and jumping on our bed screaming it doesn't

hurt.As far as Cincinnati was concerned he was a miricle case.They tapered the

Motrin,took him off the Plaquenil,tapered the MTX and he didn't flare until our

local ped rheumy took him off his 2.5mg dose.A good 18 months had passed by.Just

a FYI 6 months with no pain,tenderness,swelling,lost range of motion and  no

morning stifness longer then 15 minutes  is called complete control, after 1 yr

of this it is then called full remission on medication.

Cincinnati Childrens has a page called Change the Outcome it is stories of some

of their miricle patients.They picked to be the first JRA story and to

this day still the only one.A local DJ who does their Children's Miricle

Network Radiothon read his story and wanted to know if it was possible for us to

do an interview,we live 307 miles a way.Luckily we had a month window before or

after the last study visit to come in so it was ok.

I am very happy to say that years later is back in full remission on

medication for another 18 months now.Even the time in between there wasn't

much,nothing we could see,just tiny things Dr.Lovell found on extensive exams.

is currantly on 12.5 mg MTX subq and 32.5 mg Enbrel 1x a week.He now

weighs 118lbs so he could be taking 42.5mg Enbrel.In April we see the rheumy and

they are going to start tapering his MTX again.

I hope your daughter has the same long term success as .Sorry,known for

rambeling.I just love a happy story!!!

Becki and 10 1/2 systemic onset and will always be labled that..

Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 12:02:51 PM

Subject: Hello!

Hello!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is le. I probably

won't be around often, but I will try to pop by whenever possible.

I have a 7 yr old, , that was diagnosed with RF positive, poly-

articular JRA with erythema nodosum and Raynaud's Phenomenon last

year. After going through a roller coaster of medicines she is now

taking mtx by pill once a week, and Enbrel injections twice weekly.

Enbrel is surely a gift from God. I also have an older daughter,

, who is 14, and a son, Zachary, who is almost 6. Zachy has

bad eczema. If it's autoimmune chances are we have it covered. I

work full-time, and I'm trying to get back to school. I have a lot

to do because I haven't been to school since 1992. My husband has

been ill and can't do that much physically, so I have a lot of

things that he once took care of to do as well. We are alive and

together! That's all that matters.

In trying to think of what I wish that I had known and had me

lost... for those of you thinking that you may have to move to

Enbrel, it is a crazy but worthwhile road. I was very worried about

the cost, for one thing. Enbrel isn't just a medicine- it's a

system. They know that they have an amazing medicine, and they can

afford to help you. They have the Enbrel Quick Assist program.

They fully cover your first 6 months of treatment. After that they

will pay half of your co-pay. The med without insurance is

something like $1300, but they won't make you pay any more than

$120. I was very emotional about moving to it despite wanting to

because the MTX just wasn't doing anything anymore. The first

couple of days were overwhelming. It's only available on my

insurance through a specialty pharmacy. However overwhelming, this

was definitely one of the best decisions we've ever made. Despite

being another immune suppressor, hasn't been sick since being

on it. Before it she was sick all the time. She's gaining weight

finally. It's been about 2 months, and she's been declared in

remission. The red in her fingers and the swelling is gone. Her

rheumy once took about 20 minutes looking at her fingers trying to

figure out why they were so bad, and now you'd never know. She's

running, jumping, tackling her brother!!! And this was a child that

screamed when she saw a dog while we were driving, or would panic

and cry for an hour whenever we went to a fun place with a lot of

rambunctious kids running around. She's right there with them now.

Please, if any of you have any questions leave me a message.. I have

learned so much, and I would love to share it. We're in a good

place now, but I remember a year ago when we were soooo lost... I

look forward to your friendship!