RemedySpot.com

hello!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I will have to check that out! Thanks, Ruthie!

Yes, Genna is 's only real friend. But Genna's parents have their house up for sale and they said they will be moving to Maine. So I don't know how this will turn out.

Deb

In a message dated 10/8/2007 9:34:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, DOLEZAL123@... writes:

Actually, I agree with and not changing schools!! Please see CAROL GRAY's website; and when these children have a friend, changing may take the only friend they EVER HAVE, so that NEEDS to be considered. I listened to Carol Gray during a conference this summer, and wept several times due to stories about how she (Carol Gray) 'fixed' these kinds of problems in the school BEFORE that happened / that, 12 years later, that is still stated child's best friend; six years later, those two kids still his best friend, etc. So, hang in there! Ruthie

Re: ( ) Hello!

Hi, Tea!

Thanks for the advice! I spoke to about changing schools - the school district would have to pay for her to go somewhere else. She doesn't want to change because her only real friend goes to this school. She said if she changes schools, then it's like they won, and she won't let them win.

Deb

In a message dated 10/8/2007 8:41:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, teawilmstumour writes:

Hi Debbie!

Welcome!

I don't have a lot of advice to give you on your situation, just some compassion and some big hugs. My niece has been going through almost an identical situation to what you've described with your daughter. Her parents switched schools for her just this year and so far, touch wood, things are MUCH better. She too was being bullied and harassed [police ended up being involved at some points]. It would wane and then come back again. Her parents really had no other options other than to remove her from that toxic environment. I'm so sorry that you and your family are going through this.

Big hugs,

Tea

Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.net

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.netSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Actually, I agree with and not changing schools!! Please see CAROL GRAY's website; and when these children have a friend, changing may take the only friend they EVER HAVE, so that NEEDS to be considered. I listened to Carol Gray during a conference this summer, and wept several times due to stories about how she (Carol Gray) 'fixed' these kinds of problems in the school BEFORE that happened / that, 12 years later, that is still stated child's best friend; six years later, those two kids still his best friend, etc. So, hang in there! Ruthie

Hi, Tea!

Thanks for the advice! I spoke to about changing schools - the school district would have to pay for her to go somewhere else. She doesn't want to change because her only real friend goes to this school. She said if she changes schools, then it's like they won, and she won't let them win.

Deb

In a message dated 10/8/2007 8:41:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, teawilmstumour writes:

Hi Debbie!

Welcome!

I don't have a lot of advice to give you on your situation, just some compassion and some big hugs. My niece has been going through almost an identical situation to what you've described with your daughter. Her parents switched schools for her just this year and so far, touch wood, things are MUCH better. She too was being bullied and harassed [police ended up being involved at some points]. It would wane and then come back again. Her parents really had no other options other than to remove her from that toxic environment. I'm so sorry that you and your family are going through this.

Big hugs,

Tea

Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.net

Debbie and , I just read your post and my heart breaks for you both. My daughter, who is now a senior in high school, experienced quite a bit of harassment in middle school. The disciplinary dean took care of the situation when a fellow student was badgering my daughter. But in 8th grade a student said obscenities to my daughter everyday, in front of the teacher, and was never reprimanded. My daughter never told me until years later. She didn't tell me in 8th grade for fear that her teacher would hold it against her if I had come in and complained about the situation, (which she knows I would have). I could have died when she told me what she had dealt with for an entire school year in her History class. No one should be verbally abused like that and for the teacher to be a witness and not put an end to it is unexcusable! Thankfully, your daughter

is communicating with you about the day to day circumstances at her school, which is so important. Continue to hold the school accountable! They have an obigation to to provide her with a learning environment where she can feel safe and comfortable! It is tragic that parents have to become a screeching wheel before schools start doing the right thing for our children! I applaud you for what you are doing! Keep up the good work! in FLdebbie <debmetsfan@...> wrote: I just joined your group!My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her Penelope! She called me at work to

tell me what happened. I called the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The kids were also calling her cell

phone a few months ago and leaving dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should have saved the messages. was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama theater class this year and she loves it!Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you do about it?Thanks!Deb & NJ

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Oh, that puts a 'new' spin on it; how devistating that she is moving! Our son does not have ANY friends anymore; but he loves to tell people he has 1-3 (he used to but our guidance counselor at school did SOMETHING with an issue they had together, and they have not talked to him since that day----they were like OUR kids too, so we sure miss them---they used to be here every single day)....so, it is important. Also, I am NOT selling Carol Gray or anything; I just think she is amazing, and a HUGE advocate for our kids; she does have a bullying prevention program, too. Just ANOTHER resource; personally, we can go our area education association, and BORROW most of Carol Gray's resources FOR FREE, so that is an option I would look in to as well, especially if you are interested in seeing or viewing any of her materials (then you do not have to BUY them anyway).

Ruthie

Hi, Tea!

Deb

Hi Debbie!

Welcome!

Big hugs,

Tea

I would like to say since my son experienced being beat up last year, I started to volunteer and became known by all the staff and kids. if my son has any problems now they always know I will come up to the school at a moments notice, there for, I will just show up out of the blue.... I think they know it's a promise, not a threat. Kathy " C." <auburntiger87@...> wrote: Debbie and , I just read your post

and my heart breaks for you both. My daughter, who is now a senior in high school, experienced quite a bit of harassment in middle school. The disciplinary dean took care of the situation when a fellow student was badgering my daughter. But in 8th grade a student said obscenities to my daughter everyday, in front of the teacher, and was never reprimanded. My daughter never told me until years later. She didn't tell me in 8th grade for fear that her teacher would hold it against her if I had come in and complained about the situation, (which she knows I would have). I could have died when she told me what she had dealt with for an entire school year in her History class. No one should be verbally abused like that and for the teacher to be a witness and not put an end to it is unexcusable! Thankfully, your daughter is communicating with you about the day to day circumstances at her school,

which is so important. Continue to hold the school accountable! They have an obigation to to provide her with a learning environment where she can feel safe and comfortable! It is tragic that parents have to become a screeching wheel before schools start doing the right thing for our children! I applaud you for what you are doing! Keep up the good work! in FLdebbie <debmetsfanaol> wrote: I just joined your group!My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, but same old

story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she had

gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should have saved the messages. was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. The psychiatrist suggested that we change

schools because of the kids picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama theater class this year and she loves it!Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you do about it?Thanks!Deb & NJ Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Deb, I would explain to her that sometime winning means walking away...(changing schools) is ok. Your friend will still be your friend no matter where you go. that's what a friend is. Hugs Rosedebmetsfan@... wrote: Hi, Tea! Thanks for the advice! I spoke to about changing schools - the school district would have to pay for her to go somewhere else. She doesn't want to

change because her only real friend goes to this school. She said if she changes schools, then it's like they won, and she won't let them win. Deb In a message dated 10/8/2007 8:41:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, teawilmstumour writes: Hi Debbie! Welcome! I don't have a lot of advice to give you on your situation, just some compassion and some big hugs. My niece has been going through almost an identical situation to what you've described with your daughter. Her parents switched schools for her just this year

and so far, touch wood, things are MUCH better. She too was being bullied and harassed [police ended up being involved at some points]. It would wane and then come back again. Her parents really had no other options other than to remove her from that toxic environment. I'm so sorry that you and your family are going through this. Big hugs, Tea Debbie SalernoMaine Coon

RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.net See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Catch up on fall's hot new shows on TV. Watch previews, get listings, and more!

That sounds nice, Rose! And true, too!

Deb

In a message dated 10/8/2007 7:55:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, beachbodytan2002@... writes:

Deb,

I would explain to her that sometime winning means walking away...(changing schools) is ok. Your friend will still be your friend no matter where you go. that's what a friend is.

Hugs

Rosedebmetsfanaol wrote:

Hi, Tea!

Deb

Hi Debbie!

Welcome!

Big hugs,

Tea

Catch up on fall's hot new shows on TV. Watch previews, get listings, and more!

Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.netSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

That's for sure! They do need a life! They need to pay attention to themselves.

Deb

In a message dated 10/8/2007 7:52:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, beachbodytan2002@... writes:

Debbie,

I'm so sorry you and your daughter have to go through this. I hope things get better for you both real soon. glad to hear the police dept. are supportive and helping. Sorry it took all that, and so long for the school to respond. sending you & your daughter a Hugh hug. Please keep us posted on how things go. gosh!!! I wonder what the dx is with those students that need to cause such stress for you daughter. They don't seem to have any life, (lots of time on their hands) if they need to continue this behavior in the stores too, Her cell phone? ugh!!!. and worse yet, to continue this for how long???? they do need to "get a life".

HUGS

Rosedebbie <debmetsfanaol> wrote:

I just joined your group!My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should have saved the messages. was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama theater class this year and she loves it!Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you do about it?Thanks!Deb & NJ

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.Play Sims Stories at Games.

I was trying to explain that to - she would have a fresh start. But I think the stress of going to a new school would be too much for her. Her school counselor thinks so, too. but if things don't improve, I may change her anyway. we changed schools once and it was a great move. We may need to do so again. We'll see if things get better or worse from here.

Your poor son! These kids are terrible.

Deb

In a message dated 10/8/2007 7:04:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, nekochan1816@... writes:

>Hi Debbie.My son has suffered so much of the humiliation, harrassment and nastiness you shared about in Middle School. He's also 14 and a freshman and I put him in a different high school. What a difference so far, knock on wood. He got a fresh start and started to socialize in school with some of the kids. It was a scary move, to leave everything he knew behind, but right now he feels it's a good move. The kids in his middle school were awful, he even suffered a concussion by another boy. So for now, he's actually happy to go to school again. No one knows him and he blends in without any of that baggage!Good luck !debbie <debmetsfan@...> wrote:> I just joined your group!> > My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 > years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have > been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she > will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, > but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took > her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking > about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at > them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that > and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those > boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by > herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She > was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her > Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called > the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got > to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I > called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He > stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the > bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she > had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make > sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and > told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. > > The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled > out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who > were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took > him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I > are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The > kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving > dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it > now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should > have saved the messages.> > was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior > to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. > The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids > picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, > which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no > longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama > theater class this year and she loves it!> > Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you > do about it?> > Thanks!> Deb & > NJ

I would volunteer at the school dances so that could go. I wouldn't let her go if I wasn't there. I didn't chaperone - I would sell the refreshments. But I could keep an eye on her. And when she was over stimulated, we were able to leave and go home. Things went alright while I was there.

The school usually just sees me when I'm dropping 's medicine off. But I call every week to have a phone conference with someone. Her IEP case manager is out on maternity leave. So I started calling her school counselor. And when things got bad last week, I called the assistant principal and the police officer who is stationed there.

Deb

In a message dated 10/8/2007 2:56:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, katherin_carter@... writes:

I would like to say since my son experienced being beat up last year, I started to volunteer and became known by all the staff and kids. if my son has any problems now they always know I will come up to the school at a moments notice, there for, I will just show up out of the blue.... I think they know it's a promise, not a threat. Kathy " C." <auburntiger87 > wrote:

Debbie and ,

I just read your post and my heart breaks for you both. My daughter, who is now a senior in high school, experienced quite a bit of harassment in middle school. The disciplinary dean took care of the situation when a fellow student was badgering my daughter. But in 8th grade a student said obscenities to my daughter everyday, in front of the teacher, and was never reprimanded. My daughter never told me until years later. She didn't tell me in 8th grade for fear that her teacher would hold it against her if I had come in and complained about the situation, (which she knows I would have). I could have died when she told me what she had dealt with for an entire school year in her History class. No one should be verbally abused like that and for the teacher to be a witness and not put an end to it is unexcusable!

Thankfully, your daughter is communicating with you about the day to day circumstances at her school, which is so important. Continue to hold the school accountable! They have an obigation to to provide her with a learning environment where she can feel safe and

comfortable!

It is tragic that parents have to become a screeching wheel before schools start doing the right thing for our children! I applaud you for what you are doing! Keep up the good work!

in FLdebbie <debmetsfanaol> wrote:

I just joined your group!My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should have saved the messages. was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama theater class this year and she loves it!Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you do about it?Thanks!Deb & NJ

Thank you, ! We're doing the best that we can! I just feel so bad for her. She used to be so happy and friendly and then, since 5th grade, she was so depressed and withdrawn. She has fun with her friend, Genna, though.

I used to be picked on in elementary school because I was so quiet but all of that stopped in high school. I expected the same for and to see it continue is what is getting me mad. She has had enough already and so have I!

Deb

In a message dated 10/8/2007 2:35:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, auburntiger87@... writes:

Debbie and ,

I just read your post and my heart breaks for you both. My daughter, who is now a senior in high school, experienced quite a bit of harassment in middle school. The disciplinary dean took care of the situation when a fellow student was badgering my daughter. But in 8th grade a student said obscenities to my daughter everyday, in front of the teacher, and was never reprimanded. My daughter never told me until years later. She didn't tell me in 8th grade for fear that her teacher would hold it against her if I had come in and complained about the situation, (which she knows I would have). I could have died when she told me what she had dealt with for an entire school year in her History class. No one should be verbally abused like that and for the teacher to be a witness and not put an end to it is unexcusable!

Thankfully, your daughter is communicating with you about the day to day circumstances at her school, which is so important. Continue to hold the school accountable! They have an obigation to to provide her with a learning environment where she can feel safe and

comfortable!

It is tragic that parents have to become a screeching wheel before schools start doing the right thing for our children! I applaud you for what you are doing! Keep up the good work!

I don't know what will do without Genna. she will be so lost and lonely. Their house has been on the market for quite a while. So who knows when it will be sold. Hopefully she'll be around for a while longer!

I know Freshman year is tough; I was told that this is a transition year and would be very difficult. That's for sure!

Deb

In a message dated 10/8/2007 1:53:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, DOLEZAL123@... writes:

Oh, that puts a 'new' spin on it; how devistating that she is moving! Our son does not have ANY friends anymore; but he loves to tell people he has 1-3 (he used to but our guidance counselor at school did SOMETHING with an issue they had together, and they have not talked to him since that day----they were like OUR kids too, so we sure miss them---they used to be here every single day)....so, it is important. Also, I am NOT selling Carol Gray or anything; I just think she is amazing, and a HUGE advocate for our kids; she does have a bullying prevention program, too. Just ANOTHER resource; personally, we can go our area education association, and BORROW most of Carol Gray's resources FOR FREE, so that is an option I would look in to as well, especially if you are interested in seeing or viewing any of her materials (then you do not have to BUY them anyway).

Ruthie

Hi, Tea!

Deb

Hi Debbie!

Welcome!

Big hugs,

Tea

Hi Deb & ,

Welcom to the group.

I have 14 yrs old boy girl twins. Last year in middle school my

aspie son was punched in the mouth by a boy, when he went to his

locker. I got a call at work from the nurse telling me about it. He

was shaken up, and has some miner cuts on his lips, mainly from the

braces. When I went home was OK. He couldn't remember the boys

name. The prinicpal had driven him home from school. The next day

the school called to tell me that that boy had been given a 2 day

suspension. I was happy with the way the school handled it.

My son is non-violent, sometimes likes to talk a lot when he is

around people but a great kid, with the aspie quirks.

His NT twins sister tells me all the silly things he does, but this

year he seems to have matured. I don't know.

Anyway, I just wanted to share our experience. I have been dreading

these years since they were young.

I hope things go better for your daughter. Again , welcome.

(in PA)

>

> I just joined your group!

>

> My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-

> years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School)

have

> been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she

> will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high

school,

> but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took

> her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking

> about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at

> them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that

> and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew

those

> boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by

> herself after school when someone threw something at our house.

She

> was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her

> Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I

called

> the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has

got

> to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I

> called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice.

He

> stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off

the

> bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that

she

> had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make

> sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and

> told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911.

>

> The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled

> out, " Penelope! " to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who

> were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and

took

> him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and

I

> are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The

> kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving

> dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it

> now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should

> have saved the messages.

>

> was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior

> to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a

neurologist.

> The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the

kids

> picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class,

> which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no

> longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama

> theater class this year and she loves it!

>

> Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did

you

> do about it?

>

> Thanks!

> Deb &

> NJ

>

Thanks, ! It's nice to be able to talk to other people who have the same issues!

said there were no problems today except for one boy throwing paper balls at her on the bus. She told him to stop but he wouldn't. She called me from her cell phone. I told her to tell him that I would be sending the police to his house if he doesn't stop. He said, "For what? I didn't do anything!" I asked if anyone saw him throwing the paper balls at her, and she said her friend Genna did.

I don't know how much of this is just kid stuff or what is harassment. Throwing something at my house is definitely not right.

Deb

( ) Re: Hello!

Hi Deb & ,

Welcom to the group.

(in PA)

>

>

have

school,

those

She

called

got

He

the

she

>

> out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who

took

I

>

neurologist.

kids

>

you

> do about it?

>

> Thanks!

> Deb &

> NJ

>

Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail!

Thank you, ! All the support from everyone really helps!

I guess I am lucky that tells me everything. I told her to let me know everything that happens this week so I can call and complain! :-) She said today was pretty good, except for Steve throwing paper at her and one boy calling her names. He's been talked to by the school counselor but she can't get him to stop. So now I come along. I'll see if the vice principal or the police officer will talk to him. She said no one bothered her in the cafeteria today. So maybe we are making progress!

Deb

In a message dated 10/9/2007 10:22:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, auburntiger87@... writes:

Deb,

Keep the lines of communication open with . She's received quite a battering and I know from my own experience that it can take a toll. It is so important that she continues to open up to you. My own daughter went through a serious depression 2 years ago and thankfully our family physician saw signs and she opened up to him. The depression was already there but unfortunately a combination of the wrong meds threw gasoline on it and she was on a downward spiral. We got her in counseling, straightened out the meds situation and now she is probably the most comfortable she has ever been in her life. It is more difficult to be a kid in today's world than it was years ago and when you have a special circumstance that complicates things even further. Hang tough! Continue doing whatever you have to do to protect your sweet girl.

I will continue to pray for you both,

debmetsfanaol wrote:

Thank you, ! We're doing the best that we can! I just feel so bad for her. She used to be so happy and friendly and then, since 5th grade, she was so depressed and withdrawn. She has fun with her friend, Genna, though.

I used to be picked on in elementary school because I was so quiet but all of that stopped in high school. I expected the same for and to see it continue is what is getting me mad. She has had enough already and so have I!

Deb

In a message dated 10/8/2007 2:35:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, auburntiger87 writes:

Debbie and ,

comfortable!

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel and lay it on us.

I keep suggesting that the last period class get an aid. There are 10 kids in the class (the max allowed for the resource room) and the teacher told me that they are all discipline problems! doesn't like her for some reason, and the teacher gave her detention tomorrow for calling her a bitch. said a boy called her names and the teacher yelled at him but everyone was laughing and told them all to shut up. The teacher told to leave the class; refused. She finally did but then she called the teacher a bitch. The teacher said growls at her when she passes her in the hallway. is very difficult to deal with and I know that she has made at least one teacher cry in the past. It's really difficult because if it's not the other kids causing trouble, then is getting into her own trouble.

Deb

In a message dated 10/9/2007 9:14:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jrisjs@... writes:

Man Deb.

I really hurt for your daughter and you.

This sounds like serious crap. Even if it's not physically harming her...........her having to call you and then her having to tell them that you'll have the cops go to his house is what's gonna make those bastards do it more.

Why can't people teach their fricken kids to be nice?

Do you have options as to somewhere else to send her?

OR - since she probably has an IEP,,,,,,,,,,is there any way you can demand an aide be with her from now on? Not that she has to HELP her,,,,,but to be a presence?

Whether your daughter wants it or not............it's just out of control.

And the school SHOULDN'T say no to this. Especially if they know about lots of the stuff that's been going on.

Legally,,,,you should be able to demand some support for her.

Let us know how it's going.

We're all sad for you both.

Hugs.

Robindebmetsfanaol wrote:

Thanks, ! It's nice to be able to talk to other people who have the same issues!

said there were no problems today except for one boy throwing paper balls at her on the bus. She told him to stop but he wouldn't. She called me from her cell phone. I told her to tell him that I would be sending the police to his house if he doesn't stop. He said, "For what? I didn't do anything!" I asked if anyone saw him throwing the paper balls at her, and she said her friend Genna did.

I don't know how much of this is just kid stuff or what is harassment. Throwing something at my house is definitely not right.

Deb

Hi Deb & ,Welcom to the group.I have 14 yrs old boy girl twins. Last year in middle school my aspie son was punched in the mouth by a boy, when he went to his locker. I got a call at work from the nurse telling me about it. He was shaken up, and has some miner cuts on his lips, mainly from the braces. When I went home was OK. He couldn't remember the boys name. The prinicpal had driven him home from school. The next day the school called to tell me that that boy had been given a 2 day suspension. I was happy with the way the school handled it. My son is non-violent, sometimes likes to talk a lot when he is around people but a great kid, with the aspie quirks.His NT twins sister tells me all the silly things he does, but this year he seems to have matured. I don't know.Anyway, I just wanted to share our experience. I have been dreading these years since they were young.I hope things go better for your daughter. Again , welcome. (in PA) >> I just joined your group!> > My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 > years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have > been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she > will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, > but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took > her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking > about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at > them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that > and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those > boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by > herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She > was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her > Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called > the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got > to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I > called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He > stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the > bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she > had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make > sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and > told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. > > The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled > out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who > were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took > him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I > are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The > kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving > dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it > now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should > have saved the messages.> > was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior > to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. > The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids > picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, > which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no > longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama > theater class this year and she loves it!> > Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you > do about it?> > Thanks!> Deb & > NJ>

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

Man Deb. I really hurt for your daughter and you. This sounds like serious crap. Even if it's not physically harming her...........her having to call you and then her having to tell them that you'll have the cops go to his house is what's gonna make those bastards do it more. Why can't people teach their fricken kids to be nice? Do you have options as to somewhere else to send her? OR - since she probably has an IEP,,,,,,,,,,is there any way you can demand an aide be with her from now on? Not that she has to HELP her,,,,,but to be a presence? Whether your daughter wants it or not............it's just out of control. And the school SHOULDN'T say no to this. Especially if they know about lots of the stuff that's been going on. Legally,,,,you should be able to demand some support for her. Let us know how it's going. We're all sad

for you both. Hugs. Robindebmetsfan@... wrote: Thanks, ! It's nice to be able to talk to other people who have the same issues! said there were no problems today except for one boy throwing paper balls at her on the bus. She told him to stop but he wouldn't. She called me from her cell phone. I told her to tell him that I would be sending the police to his house if he doesn't stop. He said, "For what? I didn't do anything!" I asked

if anyone saw him throwing the paper balls at her, and she said her friend Genna did. I don't know how much of this is just kid stuff or what is harassment. Throwing something at my house is definitely not right. Deb ( ) Re: Hello! Hi Deb & ,Welcom to the group.I have 14 yrs old boy girl twins. Last year in middle school my aspie son was punched in the mouth by a boy, when he went to his locker. I got a call at work from the nurse telling me about it. He was shaken up, and has some miner cuts on his lips,

mainly from the braces. When I went home was OK. He couldn't remember the boys name. The prinicpal had driven him home from school. The next day the school called to tell me that that boy had been given a 2 day suspension. I was happy with the way the school handled it. My son is non-violent, sometimes likes to talk a lot when he is around people but a great kid, with the aspie quirks.His NT twins sister tells me all the silly things he does, but this year he seems to have matured. I don't know.Anyway, I just wanted to share our experience. I have been dreading these years since they were young.I hope things go better for your daughter. Again , welcome. (in PA) >> I just joined your group!> > My daughter is 14 and is a freshman

in high school. For the past 4-5 > years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have > been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she > will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, > but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took > her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking > about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at > them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that > and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those > boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by > herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She > was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her > Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called > the

Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got > to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I > called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He > stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the > bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she > had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make > sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and > told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. > > The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled > out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who > were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took > him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I > are just so tired of this and we put up with this long

enough. The > kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving > dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it > now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should > have saved the messages.> > was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior > to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. > The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids > picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, > which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no > longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama > theater class this year and she loves it!> > Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you > do about it?> > Thanks!> Deb & >

NJ> Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail!

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out.

Deb, Keep the lines of communication open with . She's received quite a battering and I know from my own experience that it can take a toll. It is so important that she continues to open up to you. My own daughter went through a serious depression 2 years ago and thankfully our family physician saw signs and she opened up to him. The depression was already there but unfortunately a combination of the wrong meds threw gasoline on it and she was on a downward spiral. We got her in counseling, straightened out the meds situation and now she is probably the most comfortable she has ever been in her life. It is more difficult to be a kid in today's world than it was years ago and when you have a special circumstance that complicates things even further. Hang tough! Continue doing whatever you have to do to protect your sweet girl. I will continue to pray for

you both, debmetsfan@... wrote: Thank you, ! We're doing the best that we can! I just feel so bad for her. She used to be so happy and friendly and then, since 5th grade, she was so depressed and withdrawn. She has fun with her friend, Genna, though. I used to be picked on in elementary school because I was so quiet but all of that stopped in high school. I expected the same

for and to see it continue is what is getting me mad. She has had enough already and so have I! Deb In a message dated 10/8/2007 2:35:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, auburntiger87 writes: Debbie and , I just read your post and my heart breaks for you both. My daughter, who is now a senior in high school, experienced quite a bit of harassment in middle school. The disciplinary dean took care of the situation when a fellow student was badgering my daughter. But in 8th grade a student said obscenities to my daughter everyday, in front of the teacher, and was never reprimanded. My daughter never

told me until years later. She didn't tell me in 8th grade for fear that her teacher would hold it against her if I had come in and complained about the situation, (which she knows I would have). I could have died when she told me what she had dealt with for an entire school year in her History class. No one should be verbally abused like that and for the teacher to be a witness and not put an end to it is unexcusable! Thankfully, your daughter is communicating with you about the day to day circumstances at her school, which is so important. Continue to hold the school accountable! They have an obigation to to provide her with a learning environment where she can feel safe and comfortable! It is tragic that parents have to become a screeching wheel before schools start doing the right thing for our children! I applaud you for what you are

doing! Keep up the good work! in FLdebbie <debmetsfanaol> wrote: I just joined your group!My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was

home by herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy

and took him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should have saved the messages. was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama theater class this year and she loves it!Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you do about it?Thanks!Deb &

NJ Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell. Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.net See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel and lay it on us.

Why can't the school counselor get him to stop?

RoxannaAutism Happens

Thank you, ! All the support from everyone really helps!

I guess I am lucky that tells me everything. I told her to let me know everything that happens this week so I can call and complain! :-) She said today was pretty good, except for Steve throwing paper at her and one boy calling her names. He's been talked to by the school counselor but she can't get him to stop. So now I come along. I'll see if the vice principal or the police officer will talk to him. She said no one bothered her in the cafeteria today. So maybe we are making progress!

Deb

In a message dated 10/9/2007 10:22:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, auburntiger87 writes:

Deb,

Keep the lines of communication open with . She's received quite a battering and I know from my own experience that it can take a toll. It is so important that she continues to open up to you. My own daughter went through a serious depression 2 years ago and thankfully our family physician saw signs and she opened up to him. The depression was already there but unfortunately a combination of the wrong meds threw gasoline on it and she was on a downward spiral. We got her in counseling, straightened out the meds situation and now she is probably the most comfortable she has ever been in her life. It is more difficult to be a kid in today's world than it was years ago and when you have a special circumstance that complicates things even further. Hang tough! Continue doing whatever you have to do to protect your sweet girl.

I will continue to pray for you both,

debmetsfanaol wrote:

Deb

In a message dated 10/8/2007 2:35:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, auburntiger87 writes:

Debbie and ,

comfortable!

He sure did do something - harassing someone can get you in trouble. You can contact the principal and keep complaining until someone teaches this kid that he is doing something.

RoxannaAutism Happens

Hi Deb & ,Welcom to the group.I have 14 yrs old boy girl twins. Last year in middle school my aspie son was punched in the mouth by a boy, when he went to his locker. I got a call at work from the nurse telling me about it. He was shaken up, and has some miner cuts on his lips, mainly from the braces. When I went home was OK. He couldn't remember the boys name. The prinicpal had driven him home from school. The next day the school called to tell me that that boy had been given a 2 day suspension. I was happy with the way the school handled it. My son is non-violent, sometimes likes to talk a lot when he is around people but a great kid, with the aspie quirks.His NT twins sister tells me all the silly things he does, but this year he seems to have matured. I don't know.Anyway, I just wanted to share our experience. I have been dreading these years since they were young.I hope things go better for your daughter. Again , welcome. (in PA) >> I just joined your group!> > My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 > years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have > been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she > will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, > but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took > her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking > about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at > them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that > and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those > boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by > herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She > was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her > Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called > the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got > to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I > called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He > stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the > bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she > had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make > sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and > told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. > > The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled > out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who > were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took > him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I > are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The > kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving > dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it > now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should > have saved the messages.> > was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior > to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. > The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids > picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, > which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no > longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama > theater class this year and she loves it!> > Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you > do about it?> > Thanks!> Deb & > NJ>

It sounds like she is in the wrong kind of classroom. My ds was put in a class of "behavior problems" in middle school. It was the worst experience we've gone through! First, we were told it was an LD class. It took me 3 months to figure out what it really was and to get him removed. But his behavior deteriorated a lot in that class because there were so many problems with all the kids in the class. Once we put him out of there, he suddenly "improved" behavior and did fine. On a funny note, my ds hated his teacher of this class too! Her name was "Mrs. Laneville" and he used to say ominously, "She even has 'evil' in her name!" Well, yep! She did! lol. And after a meeting with her, which went horribly, I agreed with him. lol.

RoxannaAutism Happens

There's not much choice here in Hazlet. It's either Raritan High School or the school districut will have to pay to send to a special needs school, and I heard that they are not all that great, either. They are mostly for kids with behavioral problems. Or there is home schooling, but I don't know how that would work out for us. I work full time and I'm on the Board of Directors of an organization. Does anyone else home school?

Before was diagnosed with AS, I remember her 4th grade teacher telling me that there was nothing wrong with ; she was just a brat! I hated that woman! I switched 's pediatrician, she sent me to a psychiatrist, and we moved to another school and put her in a self-contained classroom. She was so happy!

Deb

Re: ( ) Re: Hello!

It sounds like she is in the wrong kind of classroom. My ds was put in a class of "behavior problems" in middle school. It was the worst experience we've gone through! First, we were told it was an LD class. It took me 3 months to figure out what it really was and to get him removed. But his behavior deteriorated a lot in that class because there were so many problems with all the kids in the class. Once we put him out of there, he suddenly "improved" behavior and did fine. On a funny note, my ds hated his teacher of this class too! Her name was "Mrs. Laneville" and he used to say ominously, "She even has 'evil' in her name!" Well, yep! She did! lol. And after a meeting with her, which went horribly, I agreed with him. lol.

Roxanna

Autism Happens

Hi Deb & ,

Welcom to the group.

(in PA)

>

>

have

school,

those

She

called

got

He

the

she

>

took

I

>

neurologist.

kids

>

you

> do about it?

>

> Thanks!

> Deb &

> NJ

>

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.

Answers - Check it out.

Debbie Salerno

Maine Coon Rescue

Board Member

Eastern Regional Director

DNA Manager

www.mainecoonrescue.net

I guess I will be the one to teach him!

Re: ( ) Re: Hello!

He sure did do something - harassing someone can get you in trouble. You can contact the principal and keep complaining until someone teaches this kid that he is doing something.

Roxanna

Autism Happens

Hi Deb & ,

Welcom to the group.

(in PA)

>

>

have

school,

those

She

called

got

He

the

she

>

took

I

>

neurologist.

kids

>

you

> do about it?

>

> Thanks!

> Deb &

> NJ

>

I would be careful with that, you wrote: (I guess I will be the one to teach him!) you don't want to look like the one harassing? *smile*. I would keep giving it back to the school. Make the school responsible. document everything debmetsfan@... wrote: I guess I will be the one to teach him! Re: ( )

Re: Hello!  He sure did do something - harassing someone can get you in trouble. You can contact the principal and keep complaining until someone teaches this kid that he is doing something. RoxannaAutism Happens ( ) Re: Hello! Hi Deb & ,Welcom to the group.I have 14 yrs old boy girl twins. Last year in middle school my aspie son was punched in the mouth by a boy, when he went to his locker. I got a call at work from the nurse telling me about it. He was shaken up, and has some miner cuts on his lips, mainly from the braces. When I went home was OK. He couldn't remember the boys name. The prinicpal had driven him home from school. The next day the school called to tell me that that boy had been given a 2 day suspension. I was happy with the way the school handled it. My son is

non-violent, sometimes likes to talk a lot when he is around people but a great kid, with the aspie quirks.His NT twins sister tells me all the silly things he does, but this year he seems to have matured. I don't know.Anyway, I just wanted to share our experience. I have been dreading these years since they were young.I hope things go better for your daughter. Again , welcome. (in PA) >> I just joined your group!> > My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5 > years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have > been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she > will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, > but same old story!

Things have really gotten out of hand. I took > her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking > about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at > them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that > and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those > boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by > herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She > was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her > Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called > the Principal and started at yelling at him, I told him this has got > to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I > called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He > stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the

> bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she > had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make > sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and > told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. > > The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled > out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who > were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took > him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I > are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The > kids were also calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving > dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it > now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should > have saved the messages.> > was

diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior > to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. > The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids > picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, > which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no > longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama > theater class this year and she loves it!> > Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you > do about it?> > Thanks!> Deb & > NJ> Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL

Mail!

Deb, I don't think you are limited to a school close to your house. If you fight the school and win, that the school can't protect her from all this harassment. They would have to pay for the bus to take her to a school that is appropriate for her. I've heard of children in NYC on a bus for a hour for the best school that meets their child's needs.debmetsfan@... wrote: There's not much choice here in Hazlet. It's either Raritan High School or the school districut will have to pay to send to a special

needs school, and I heard that they are not all that great, either. They are mostly for kids with behavioral problems. Or there is home schooling, but I don't know how that would work out for us. I work full time and I'm on the Board of Directors of an organization. Does anyone else home school?Before was diagnosed with AS, I remember her 4th grade teacher telling me that there was nothing wrong with ; she was just a brat! I hated that woman! I switched 's pediatrician, she sent me to a psychiatrist, and we moved to another school and put her in a self-contained classroom. She was so happy! Deb Re: ( ) Re: Hello! It sounds like she is in the wrong kind of classroom. My ds was put in a class of "behavior problems" in middle school. It was the worst experience we've gone through! First, we were told it was an LD class. It took me 3 months to figure out what it really was and to get him removed. But his behavior deteriorated a lot in that class because there were so many problems with all the kids in the class. Once we put him out of there, he suddenly "improved" behavior and did fine. On a funny note, my ds hated his teacher of this class too! Her name was "Mrs. Laneville" and he used to say ominously, "She even has 'evil' in her name!" Well, yep! She did! lol. And after a meeting with her, which went horribly, I agreed with him. lol. RoxannaAutism Happens ( ) Re: Hello! Hi Deb & ,Welcom to the group.I have 14 yrs old boy girl twins. Last year in middle school my aspie son was punched in the mouth by a boy, when he went to his locker. I got a call at work from the nurse telling me about it. He was shaken up, and has some miner cuts on his lips, mainly from the braces. When I went home was OK. He couldn't remember the boys

name. The prinicpal had driven him home from school. The next day the school called to tell me that that boy had been given a 2 day suspension. I was happy with the way the school handled it. My son is non-violent, sometimes likes to talk a lot when he is around people but a great kid, with the aspie quirks.His NT twins sister tells me all the silly things he does, but this year he seems to have matured. I don't know.Anyway, I just wanted to share our experience. I have been dreading these years since they were young.I hope things go better for your daughter. Again , welcome. (in PA) >> I just joined your group!> > My daughter is 14 and is a freshman in high school. For the past 4-5

> years, the kids in her school (Elementary School, Middle School) have > been calling her by her dead guinea pig's name. They know that she > will be upset by it. I thought it would be different in high school, > but same old story! Things have really gotten out of hand. I took > her to K-mart the other night, and two boys were in there talking > about her and Penelope (the dead guinea pig's name). I yelled at > them - one boy took off, the other boy said he didn't call her that > and he told the other kids not to. I asked if she knew those > boys, and she said no. A couple of days later, was home by > herself after school when someone threw something at our house. She > was scared to death! Then she heard the boys outside calling her > Penelope! She called me at work to tell me what happened. I called > the Principal and started at yelling at him,

I told him this has got > to stop or I will be suing the school and the kids involved. I > called the police to file a report. The officer was really nice. He > stayed outside my house the next day and watched come off the > bus and go into the house. He called me at work to tell me that she > had gotten home safely and he would be staying for a while to make > sure that no one bothers her. said he came to the house and > told her that if she had any problems at all, to call 911. > > The next day, was in the cafeteria and a boy yelled > out, "Penelope!" to her! She turned and looked at two teachers who > were standing near her, and they immediately went to the boy and took > him to the office. So it is now being cracked down on. and I > are just so tired of this and we put up with this long enough. The > kids were also

calling her cell phone a few months ago and leaving > dirty messages on it. I had her number changed and no one knows it > now, not even her best friend. But the officer said that I should > have saved the messages.> > was diagnosed with AS in 4th grade by a psychiatrist. Prior > to that, she was diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and ODD by a neurologist. > The psychiatrist suggested that we change schools because of the kids > picking on her and put her in a self-contained special-ed class, > which we did. It seemed to be the right move for her. She is no > longer in special ed except for the resource room. She has drama > theater class this year and she loves it!> > Has anyone else experienced this sort of harassment and what did you > do about it?> > Thanks!> Deb & > NJ> Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail! Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.

Answers - Check it out. Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberEastern Regional DirectorDNA Managerwww.mainecoonrescue.net See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.