RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Doctor on Long Island

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I can't remember if my memory loss is short term, long term, or both... both what? Oh yeah... yeah what? I've got both I'm sure. I've been divorced for 8 years, my daughter divorced me too. At the time I was so angry I didn't even keep any photos of them. It's been years since I could remember what they look like. I've got a photo of Mom and Dad here, but without it I'm sure I would also forget what they look like. And I've advised my doctor to please call me and remind me when I have an appointment. Other things like daily meds are usually not a problem... things that are habits. But at the same time, my routine in the bathrooom never seems to go well. I know I need to brush teeth, shower, wash hair, rinse, shave, dry myself, and clean up the bathroom. But at least once per week I'm dry and on the way to get dressed when realize I didn't shave or rinse the shampoo out, or sometimes even

wash my hair. This is frustrating, but I try to just laugh it off. Forgetting what family look like is much harder to accept. My rambling posts probably give you all a real good idea how muddled is my mind. Some things are best forgotten. So why is it they are the things we hold on to longest? I need to go play with some children... forget about the things I can't remember, and the things I can't forget. Sleep well America! And especially you ! Eat something, sleep ?????, be uhhhh... well!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: The only aftereffects that I can complain of have been fatigue and some bone loss . But the

hep c can cause that to happen anyway . I have some short term memory problems but nothing that I cant live with . Re: Doctor on Long Island >> This was my 4th attempt at treatment , and this is the first time I gave up . I feel bad because I wanted to try again but I just cant do it anymore .> Something better will come along. It sounds like you have a healthy acceptance about it in the meantime.Please know that I will keep you in my prayers, and if this crazy sounding UK potion works, I'll share! :)What has been your experience with post-Intereferon symptoms, if you don't mind me asking? I'm less afraid of failure and going back to square 1 than increased and further damage.God blessGinny

What are the most popular cars? Find out at Autos

Guest guest

! Please read all the posts I've sent about AVI's Neugene. Read about the trials. I really think this is miles above anything with Interferon. Someday someone may find a good use for protease inhibtors, but they have been around for years and no one's found a suitable fit yet. Neugene attacks the virus and makes it unable to replicate. Your body's own defenses can kill HCV. The problem is that HCV replicates very rapidly, and is constantly throwing out slightly mutated versions. The body just can't keep up. The tests they did with the US military with Ebola, perhaps the world's nastiest virus, showed that simply by slowing the virus replication rate, the body is given time to defeat Ebola. The bonus is, once your body has beaten any virus, it is naturally immunized against getting it ever again. Neugene targets a portion of the virus' DNA/RNA that is refered to as preserved.

That just means that as the virus mutates, this part of it's DNA/RNA chain stays the same. On top of that, the portion of the virus that Neugene attacks is common across more than one genotype, so it should work on all genotypes equally well. Thier flu drug will not only treat H5N1 (bird flu) , but all Influenza A virus. Neugene Antisense is remarkable, and in a very short time it will have FDA approval. At that time, you can trust the FDA, not just my opinion. I hope you wait until results from AVI's HCV trials are reported before making another attempt. When the world knows about Neugene, I believe it will be the only treatment any doctor will reccommend. With the possible exception of herbalist like my doctor. Just think about it. No Interferon. No Ribavirin. No Side Effects! I believe it will be ready very soon. elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...>

wrote: I have gone through treatment 3 times before this last time , and I managed to survive but the new infergen shots are real nasty . Dont let my whimping out scare ya ,lol treatment is doable for almost everyone . I just had every imaginable side effect known this last time . I am going to treat again eventually , and hopefully with a protease inhibitor . Re: Doctor on Long Island >> I was to sick to my stomach all day , so I tried to sleep . I have officially stopped tx , this time I am quitting . So hopefully within the next few days I will be back to normal .. But I am going to email her tonight> ,I am new and not sure what's going on, but it sounds frustrating. Hope you are OK. Thank you so much for that hopeful article on the new drugs, in any case. Maybe it'll be important to you soon

too. God blessGinny

Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

Guest guest

>

> I can't remember if my memory loss is short term, long term, or

both... both what? Oh yeah... yeah what?

LOL I'm not saying this just to be contrary but you seem perfectly

intelligent and rational to me. You posts are quite organized. On

the Internet, it's normal to slip up a lot, since most are written

without much forethought and at a more rapid rate than ususal.

God bless

Ginny

Guest guest

Haha you sound like me the last time I treated . I couldnt tell if I was coming or going ,lol I still find myself searching for little words that come naturally in most sentances , or I drift off in the middle of the sentance and forget what I was going to say . I remember everything I learned in college (medicine wise ) but I forget what I ate or did the day before . These symptoms are not as bad now days as they were before , and I dont know if I will ever have the brain power I used to . Treatment can cause cerebral atrophy , and then again high amonia levels will kill the brain off too . And dont feel bad about not remembering what family looks like , my brothers face faded from my memories long ago . I keep him alive in my heart , and hope someone in my family still has pictures to share with me

Re: Doctor on Long Island

>> This was my 4th attempt at treatment , and this is the first time I gave up . I feel bad because I wanted to try again but I just cant do it anymore .> Something better will come along. It sounds like you have a healthy acceptance about it in the meantime.Please know that I will keep you in my prayers, and if this crazy sounding UK potion works, I'll share! :)What has been your experience with post-Intereferon symptoms, if you don't mind me asking? I'm less afraid of failure and going back to square 1 than increased and further damage.God blessGinny

Guest guest

For now I am not even going to think about treating for awhile . I am going to read what you posted though cause I am always in the market for good research data for future uses.

>> I was to sick to my stomach all day , so I tried to sleep . I have officially stopped tx , this time I am quitting . So hopefully within the next few days I will be back to normal .. But I am going to email her tonight> ,I am new and not sure what's going on, but it sounds frustrating. Hope you are OK. Thank you so much for that hopeful article on the new drugs, in any case. Maybe it'll be important to you soon too. God blessGinny

Guest guest

For now I am not even going to think about treating for awhile . I am going to read what you posted though cause I am always in the market for good research data for future uses.

>> I was to sick to my stomach all day , so I tried to sleep . I have officially stopped tx , this time I am quitting . So hopefully within the next few days I will be back to normal .. But I am going to email her tonight> ,I am new and not sure what's going on, but it sounds frustrating. Hope you are OK. Thank you so much for that hopeful article on the new drugs, in any case. Maybe it'll be important to you soon too. God blessGinny

Guest guest

>

> Haha you sound like me the last time I treated . I couldnt tell if

I was coming or going ,lol I still find myself searching for little

words that come naturally in most sentances , or I drift off in the

middle of the sentance and forget what I was going to say . I

remember everything I learned in college (medicine wise ) but I

forget what I ate or did the day before . These symptoms are not as

bad now days as they were before , and I dont know if I will ever

have the brain power I used to . Treatment can cause cerebral

atrophy , and then again high amonia levels will kill the brain off

too . And dont feel bad about not remembering what family looks

like , my brothers face faded from my memories long ago . I keep

him alive in my heart , and hope someone in my family still has

pictures to share with me

>

*klunk* It causes cerebral atrophy? Gosh, we're all between a rock

and a hard place then, until that other p-inhibitor comes out (IF)

Acceptance isn't always easy; it's harder at some times than

others (like when you are looking into the face of your children --

no forgetting there)

Somewhere there's a very interesting (and hopeful)article on

Alzheimers studies that I am now wondering if it could relate to

those with HCV. I'll try to find it.

God bless

Ginny <~ totally freaked at the idea of being so sick that I could

forget my family. THAT I never thought of

Guest guest

I do love myself , I think that is why I stopped treatment this time . I knew it would kill me to continue . I am not alone , I have a wonderful supportive husband and 7 children who care about me enough to make sure I am ok . God has been very good to us , so out of this failed attempt I will use my experiences to keep helping others fight the battle . There will be new stuff in the next few years of that I am certain , and then I will fight the battle again . lol

RE: Doctor on Long Island

Thank you for the listing of doctors; however, I was really interested in personal recommendations. I have a listing of doctors covered under my plan, but was hoping for more information from patients treated by specific doctors rather than a listing of all doctors in the metro NY area.

I am planning on contacting Dr. Bernstein's office today to set up an appointment. I am hoping that I am making a good choice.

Thank you so much for your effort. Be well.Jackie

Guest guest

LOL I have so many kids that I have to go down the list of names till I call the right one , its not that you forget its just little things like names seem to slip the mind , rofl . I only forget my brothers face because he died of liver failure at the age of 27 back in 1981 , I think forgetting his face has bothered me because I have missed his presense in my life since the day he passed .

>> Haha you sound like me the last time I treated . I couldnt tell if I was coming or going ,lol I still find myself searching for little words that come naturally in most sentances , or I drift off in the middle of the sentance and forget what I was going to say . I remember everything I learned in college (medicine wise ) but I forget what I ate or did the day before . These symptoms are not as bad now days as they were before , and I dont know if I will ever have the brain power I used to . Treatment can cause cerebral atrophy , and then again high amonia levels will kill the brain off too . And dont feel bad about not remembering what family looks like , my brothers face faded from my memories long ago . I keep him alive in my heart , and hope someone in my family still has pictures to share with me > *klunk* It causes cerebral atrophy? Gosh, we're all between a rock and a hard place then, until that other p-inhibitor comes out (IF) Acceptance isn't always easy; it's harder at some times than others (like when you are looking into the face of your children -- no forgetting there)Somewhere there's a very interesting (and hopeful)article on Alzheimers studies that I am now wondering if it could relate to those with HCV. I'll try to find it.God blessGinny <~ totally freaked at the idea of being so sick that I could forget my family. THAT I never thought of

Guest guest

>

> I do love myself , I think that is why I stopped treatment this

time . I knew it would kill me to continue . I am not alone , I have

a wonderful supportive husband and 7 children who care about me

enough to make sure I am ok . God has been very good to us , so out

of this failed attempt I will use my experiences to keep helping

others fight the battle . There will be new stuff in the next few

years of that I am certain , and then I will fight the battle

again . lol >>

>

!

That's the kind of spirit I love! There's true acceptance and a

wonderful sense of sufficiency; you're an inspiration. THAT is what

I want to work towards strengthening in myself because there are

days I feel brave and others not so brave. I don't want to be

spiritually dependent on these meds or man OR the bug, only God,

even if my body has to be. That would be ideal but sort of misses

the point if it's worse than the disease itself (sounds like it was.

You are a sport for trying to many times, in my opinion)

You have seven children, too???? That's pretty unusual these

days. Congrats. Ages? Mine are 4- 25.

I was just thinking, maybe it wouldn't so bad to forget SOME of my

extended family :) Acceptance again...

God bless

Ginny

Guest guest

>

> LOL I have so many kids that I have to go down the list of names

till I call the right one , its not that you forget its just little

things like names seem to slip the mind , rofl . I only forget my

brothers face because he died of liver failure at the age of 27 back

in 1981 , I think forgetting his face has bothered me because I have

missed his presense in my life since the day he passed .

> ----- Original Message -----

>

Ah, whew, 25 years is a long time. I'm so sorry to hear that. Was

it Hep C? I miss my brother and he's alive but just too busy to

bother.

I forget little things but always have (we are artists...my kids are

the same way) and wondered if it was the Hep C but then my healthy

friends do the same thing, which always makes me happy, NOT because

they mess up but because I feel so normal :)

God bless

Ginny

Guest guest

Lets just say that when he came home from Viet Nam he was already sick and at that time they didnt know about hep c . All I know is that 5 days before Christmas he started throwin up blood and by Christmas morning he died . So we are pretty sure he got the virus from the airgun they used to vaccinate the boys when they were shipping out .

>> LOL I have so many kids that I have to go down the list of names till I call the right one , its not that you forget its just little things like names seem to slip the mind , rofl . I only forget my brothers face because he died of liver failure at the age of 27 back in 1981 , I think forgetting his face has bothered me because I have missed his presense in my life since the day he passed . > ----- Original Message ----- > Ah, whew, 25 years is a long time. I'm so sorry to hear that. Was it Hep C? I miss my brother and he's alive but just too busy to bother.I forget little things but always have (we are artists...my kids are the same way) and wondered if it was the Hep C but then my healthy friends do the same thing, which always makes me happy, NOT because they mess up but because I feel so normal :)God blessGinny

Guest guest

I have a 28 yr daughter , a 23yr step son, and 22 yr son , a 16, 15, and 13 yr daughters and I am raising a 9 yr old neice . For years raising these children kept my mind off of being sick , and they are all a blessing . I found strength in helping others , that is why I spend my time doing medical research on hep c and I am a host of a delphiforum for hep support . Keeping busy means alot to me , that way I have no time to think about my own sorry state ,lol

>> I do love myself , I think that is why I stopped treatment this time . I knew it would kill me to continue . I am not alone , I have a wonderful supportive husband and 7 children who care about me enough to make sure I am ok . God has been very good to us , so out of this failed attempt I will use my experiences to keep helping others fight the battle . There will be new stuff in the next few years of that I am certain , and then I will fight the battle again . lol >>> !That's the kind of spirit I love! There's true acceptance and a wonderful sense of sufficiency; you're an inspiration. THAT is what I want to work towards strengthening in myself because there are days I feel brave and others not so brave. I don't want to be spiritually dependent on these meds or man OR the bug, only God, even if my body has to be. That would be ideal but sort of misses the point if it's worse than the disease itself (sounds like it was. You are a sport for trying to many times, in my opinion)You have seven children, too???? That's pretty unusual these days. Congrats. Ages? Mine are 4- 25.I was just thinking, maybe it wouldn't so bad to forget SOME of my extended family :) Acceptance again...God blessGinny

Guest guest

You know, forgetting words or names etc may be a side effect of Hep C but I think it's also having kids! It has nothing whatsoever to do with getting older! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! *wink*

anne

(moderator, mum to 3 teenagers and HepC negative)

>> LOL I have so many kids that I have to go down the list of names till I call the right one , its not that you forget its just little things like names seem to slip the mind , rofl . I only forget my brothers face because he died of liver failure at the age of 27 back in 1981 , I think forgetting his face has bothered me because I have missed his presense in my life since the day he passed . > ----- Original Message ----- > Ah, whew, 25 years is a long time. I'm so sorry to hear that. Was it Hep C? I miss my brother and he's alive but just too busy to bother.I forget little things but always have (we are artists...my kids are the same way) and wondered if it was the Hep C but then my healthy friends do the same thing, which always makes me happy, NOT because they mess up but because I feel so normal :)God blessGinny

Guest guest

Ahhhh <blushing> Thanks Ginny, I try my best!Ginny <htucker178@...> wrote: >> I can't remember if my memory loss is short term, long term, or both... both what? Oh yeah... yeah what? LOL I'm not saying this just to be contrary but you seem perfectly intelligent and rational to me. You posts are quite organized. On the Internet, it's normal to slip up a lot, since most are written without much forethought and at a more rapid rate than ususal. God blessGinnyIt's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope you have found the support you need with us. If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our group, just click the link--

Hepatitis C/Happy Posting

Guest guest

Amonia is bad for your brain??? I better stop gargling with that stuff then. I thought if Listerine works, amonia would work better. ;) Understand that I am living in a country that puts "family" first. Grown children fight over who gets Mom and Dad to live with them. Everyone I meet asks about family, and talks about how often they get together with theirs. Being somewhat stuck here, even though I love it here, I'm always missing my family. <snif>elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: Haha you sound like me the last time I treated . I couldnt tell if I was coming or going ,lol I still find myself searching for little words that come naturally in most sentances , or I drift off in

the middle of the sentance and forget what I was going to say . I remember everything I learned in college (medicine wise ) but I forget what I ate or did the day before . These symptoms are not as bad now days as they were before , and I dont know if I will ever have the brain power I used to . Treatment can cause cerebral atrophy , and then again high amonia levels will kill the brain off too . And dont feel bad about not remembering what family looks like , my brothers face faded from my memories long ago . I keep him alive in my heart , and hope someone in my family still has pictures to share with me Re: Doctor on Long Island >> This was my 4th attempt at treatment , and this is the first time I gave up . I feel bad because I wanted to try again but I just cant do it anymore .> Something better will come along. It sounds like you have a healthy acceptance about it in the meantime.Please know that I will keep you in my prayers, and if this crazy sounding UK potion works, I'll share! :)What has been your experience with post-Intereferon symptoms, if you don't mind me

asking? I'm less afraid of failure and going back to square 1 than increased and further damage.God blessGinny What are the most popular cars? Find out at Autos

Guest guest

:) Good attitude!elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: I do love myself , I think that is why I stopped treatment this time . I knew it would kill me to continue . I am not alone , I have a wonderful supportive husband and 7 children who care about me enough to make sure I am ok . God has been very good to us , so out of this failed attempt I will use my experiences to keep helping others fight the battle . There will be new stuff in the next few years of that I am certain , and then I will fight the battle again . lol RE: Doctor on Long Island Thank you for the listing of doctors; however, I was really interested in personal recommendations. I have a listing of doctors covered under my plan, but was hoping for more information from patients treated by specific doctors rather than a listing of all doctors in the metro NY area. I am planning on contacting Dr. Bernstein's office today to set up an appointment. I am hoping that I am making a good choice.

Thank you so much for your effort. Be well.Jackie Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments. Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.

Guest guest

Since I originally posted asking about recommendations on doctors on Long Island, I've seen quite a number of posts with this subject. Unfortunately, none of them have anything to do with a doctor on Long Island.

I'm still interested in hearing recommendations. And I'd appreciate it if the rest of the posts would please change the subject.

Yes, maybe I'm being b*tchy this morning............and I apologize, but I had a crappy night and I'm about at my wits end trying to sort out all the health problems I've been experiencing.

Thanks for your understanding.

Guest guest

>

> You know, forgetting words or names etc may be a side effect of Hep

C but I think it's also having kids! It has nothing whatsoever to do

with getting older! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! *wink*

>

> anne

> (moderator, mum to 3 teenagers and HepC negative)

>

LOL I'm with you, anne. Three teenagers will do even the hardiest

and healthiest person in.

Are you HCV neg because of treatment or you never had it? Congrats,

either way :)

God bless

Ginny

Guest guest

>

> Lets just say that when he came home from Viet Nam he was already

sick and at that time they didnt know about hep c . All I know is

that 5 days before Christmas he started throwin up blood and by

Christmas morning he died . So we are pretty sure he got the virus

from the airgun they used to vaccinate the boys when they were

shipping out .

>

Oh how sad! Some of the things our boys go through in the military

is quite upsetting. Some of the vaccination reactions and other

syndromes are quite concerning.

A friend of my daughter's went to Iraq a robust healthy young man

but returned home a shrunken, sickly person who was slurring his

words, and he wasn't drunk or on drugs. He never saw any action,

either.

Scary stuff, if you ask me

God bless

Ginny

Guest guest

i understand and i apologize for us all. i think we get to typing and dont even pay attention to the sublject. kind of a type and send thing. i will start paying more attention to that. i hope you find what youre looking for.Dorothy <dorv@...> wrote: Since I originally posted asking about recommendations on doctors on Long Island, I've seen quite a number of posts with this subject. Unfortunately, none of them have anything to do with a doctor on Long Island. I'm still interested in hearing recommendations. And I'd appreciate it if the rest of the posts would please change the subject. Yes, maybe I'm being b*tchy this morning............and I apologize, but I had a crappy night and I'm about at my wits end trying to sort out all the health problems I've been experiencing. Thanks for your understanding.Thanks,

Relax. virus scanning helps detect nasty viruses!

Guest guest

You have a point there anne ,LOL

Guest guest

LOL if the hepatitis progresses to cirrhosis , then you start having a problem digesting proteins . So the proteins turn into blood amonia levels which can become fatal . I moved away from my family also , so I can relate to missing them . But then again I have no family worth being around . There are times though when I miss my momma then I fly her down for a visit and within a day I remember why I moved away , LOL

>> This was my 4th attempt at treatment , and this is the first time I gave up . I feel bad because I wanted to try again but I just cant do it anymore .> Something better will come along. It sounds like you have a healthy acceptance about it in the meantime.Please know that I will keep you in my prayers, and if this crazy sounding UK potion works, I'll share! :)What has been your experience with post-Intereferon symptoms, if you don't mind me asking? I'm less afraid of failure and going back to square 1 than increased and further damage.God blessGinny

Guest guest

Well there is no sense in being negative about it ,lol besides with this full house I dont have time to wallow in pity , rofl

RE: Doctor on Long Island

Thank you for the listing of doctors; however, I was really interested in personal recommendations. I have a listing of doctors covered under my plan, but was hoping for more information from patients treated by specific doctors rather than a listing of all doctors in the metro NY area.

I am planning on contacting Dr. Bernstein's office today to set up an appointment. I am hoping that I am making a good choice.

Thank you so much for your effort. Be well.Jackie

Guest guest

Wow , now that is scarey . I hope the boy is going to get well ?

>> Lets just say that when he came home from Viet Nam he was already sick and at that time they didnt know about hep c . All I know is that 5 days before Christmas he started throwin up blood and by Christmas morning he died . So we are pretty sure he got the virus from the airgun they used to vaccinate the boys when they were shipping out .> Oh how sad! Some of the things our boys go through in the military is quite upsetting. Some of the vaccination reactions and other syndromes are quite concerning. A friend of my daughter's went to Iraq a robust healthy young man but returned home a shrunken, sickly person who was slurring his words, and he wasn't drunk or on drugs. He never saw any action, either.Scary stuff, if you ask meGod blessGinny