RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: OT: Much Needed Advice...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

funny when I took Karate I never imagined having real use for it - maybe that's why I wasn't as good as I could have been :>)

and in the classes they tried to have us imagine an opponent, but never described such a kitty story

I am also duly impressed

Klara

From: Ola <akadamska@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 4:03 PM

It's a bit of a long story. I was visiting my brother and his family. It was a small get together of friends by a lake on a camping ground. At some point a kitty wondered over, he had to belong to someone I don't think he lived in the wild. One of the guys kept chasing him away but the kitty stole food from a tray. It was the funniest thing, he was dragging this large piece of sausage link into the woods. Some time later I heard this awful sound I turned and that same guy was crushing the kitties skull under his boot. He was stumping on this innocent animal as if it was a piece of garbage. He grabbed the kitty and tossed towards the woods.At that moment my yin flew out the window. The fact that I studied martial arts made it worse. The next thing I remember is me dropping on him like a grand piano and crushing his chest with my knee. He screamed and swung at my head, I grabbed his hand and broke two fingers. By then I was being

pulled off of him. At that point our weekend was over, they took the jerk to the hospital. I looked for the kitty but no luck. I think it crawled in somewhere and died.That's the story, not something to be proud of.Ola ;)> >> > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what you said I guess I'm a yin, > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers and cracked ribs. > He deserved it, he

was torturing an animal.> > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family , clearly you have a strong > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your family. Books can certainly > give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you got that much > needed push.> > > > Ola. ;)>

Guest guest

funny when I took Karate I never imagined having real use for it - maybe that's why I wasn't as good as I could have been :>)

and in the classes they tried to have us imagine an opponent, but never described such a kitty story

I am also duly impressed

Klara

From: Ola <akadamska@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 4:03 PM

It's a bit of a long story. I was visiting my brother and his family. It was a small get together of friends by a lake on a camping ground. At some point a kitty wondered over, he had to belong to someone I don't think he lived in the wild. One of the guys kept chasing him away but the kitty stole food from a tray. It was the funniest thing, he was dragging this large piece of sausage link into the woods. Some time later I heard this awful sound I turned and that same guy was crushing the kitties skull under his boot. He was stumping on this innocent animal as if it was a piece of garbage. He grabbed the kitty and tossed towards the woods.At that moment my yin flew out the window. The fact that I studied martial arts made it worse. The next thing I remember is me dropping on him like a grand piano and crushing his chest with my knee. He screamed and swung at my head, I grabbed his hand and broke two fingers. By then I was being

pulled off of him. At that point our weekend was over, they took the jerk to the hospital. I looked for the kitty but no luck. I think it crawled in somewhere and died.That's the story, not something to be proud of.Ola ;)> >> > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what you said I guess I'm a yin, > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers and cracked ribs. > He deserved it, he

was torturing an animal.> > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family , clearly you have a strong > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your family. Books can certainly > give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you got that much > needed push.> > > > Ola. ;)>

Guest guest

So when we have our vegan community farm we all know who our bodyguard will be.

Right? ;)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Klara, since you wanted me to share in the group.... It's 33 days till my man

gets here!!!

AND other wonderful news.... Ken, pay attention.... is in labour as I

type. She

phoned while I was washing Marlie's hair and I'm bumming I didn't pick up!

Well, I'll let everyone know when it's born if it's a boy or girl. We think

boy.

I just care that baby and mom are safe.

Peace out

Reggie

> > >

> > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what you said I

guess I'm a

yin,

> > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers and

cracked ribs.

> > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

> > >

> > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family , clearly you

have a

strong

> > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your family.

Books can

certainly

> > give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you got

that

much

> > needed push.

> > >

> > > Ola. ;)

> >

>

Guest guest

So when we have our vegan community farm we all know who our bodyguard will be.

Right? ;)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Klara, since you wanted me to share in the group.... It's 33 days till my man

gets here!!!

AND other wonderful news.... Ken, pay attention.... is in labour as I

type. She

phoned while I was washing Marlie's hair and I'm bumming I didn't pick up!

Well, I'll let everyone know when it's born if it's a boy or girl. We think

boy.

I just care that baby and mom are safe.

Peace out

Reggie

> > >

> > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what you said I

guess I'm a

yin,

> > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers and

cracked ribs.

> > >

> > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family , clearly you

have a

strong

> > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your family.

Books can

certainly

> > give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you got

that

much

> > needed push.

> > >

> > > Ola. ;)

> >

>

Guest guest

Has time gone by so fast?? Wasn't it who'd just had a baby when I first joined this group?? and asking zillions of questions

ok, went looking through memory lane, (didn't want to appear ridiculous by remembering wrong) and yup, one of the posts, July 2007, she wrote her baby was three months old - so , guess you love this Mothering stuff like I did - don't remember hearing how it's been going since, guess too busy actually experiencing it all.

Did you ever look up Glen Doman's Better Baby Institute??

It's so exciting bringing in new life - I guess now that 's well experienced, she'll have less worries - except the new situation, having to deal with baby and older sibling.

btw, , did I ever post here how my first wouldn't agree to give up nursing (despite that I was gone from her for several days, my second was c-section) and I ended up tandem nursing them both (2 years apart) - for another 2 years, til I was pregnant with #3, and I just couldn't keep that up!!!!

ENJOY - relax, and get others to do any drudgery work - you just sit and look lovingly into the baby's eyes

Reggie - isn't great we live in this modern technical world - so even apart, you can chat, watch each other on videos, email and even spend money on phone calls - but the 33 days will pass - and soon heaven (I hope) will be all yours and his

Klara

From: purpleveg <purpleveg@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 8:44 PM

So when we have our vegan community farm we all know who our bodyguard will be. Right? ;)Hope everyone is having a great weekend.Klara, since you wanted me to share in the group.... It's 33 days till my man gets here!!!AND other wonderful news.... Ken, pay attention... . is in labour as I type. She phoned while I was washing Marlie's hair and I'm bumming I didn't pick up!Well, I'll let everyone know when it's born if it's a boy or girl. We think boy.I just care that baby and mom are safe.Peace outReggie> > >> > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what you said I guess I'm a yin, > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers and cracked ribs. > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.> > > > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family , clearly you have a strong > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your family. Books can certainly > > give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you got that much > > needed push.> >

> > > > Ola. ;)> >>

Guest guest

Has time gone by so fast?? Wasn't it who'd just had a baby when I first joined this group?? and asking zillions of questions

ok, went looking through memory lane, (didn't want to appear ridiculous by remembering wrong) and yup, one of the posts, July 2007, she wrote her baby was three months old - so , guess you love this Mothering stuff like I did - don't remember hearing how it's been going since, guess too busy actually experiencing it all.

Did you ever look up Glen Doman's Better Baby Institute??

It's so exciting bringing in new life - I guess now that 's well experienced, she'll have less worries - except the new situation, having to deal with baby and older sibling.

btw, , did I ever post here how my first wouldn't agree to give up nursing (despite that I was gone from her for several days, my second was c-section) and I ended up tandem nursing them both (2 years apart) - for another 2 years, til I was pregnant with #3, and I just couldn't keep that up!!!!

ENJOY - relax, and get others to do any drudgery work - you just sit and look lovingly into the baby's eyes

Reggie - isn't great we live in this modern technical world - so even apart, you can chat, watch each other on videos, email and even spend money on phone calls - but the 33 days will pass - and soon heaven (I hope) will be all yours and his

Klara

From: purpleveg <purpleveg@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Saturday, October 11, 2008, 8:44 PM

So when we have our vegan community farm we all know who our bodyguard will be. Right? ;)Hope everyone is having a great weekend.Klara, since you wanted me to share in the group.... It's 33 days till my man gets here!!!AND other wonderful news.... Ken, pay attention... . is in labour as I type. She phoned while I was washing Marlie's hair and I'm bumming I didn't pick up!Well, I'll let everyone know when it's born if it's a boy or girl. We think boy.I just care that baby and mom are safe.Peace outReggie> > >> > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what you said I guess I'm a yin, > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers and cracked ribs. > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.> > > > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family , clearly you have a strong > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your family. Books can certainly > > give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you got that much > > needed push.> >

> > > > Ola. ;)> >>

Guest guest

Hey Klara,

I am going to assume if will ever answer these questions you should post

them

again in a month. :)

I doubt she'll go back and read all that she's missed.

But I will post when I know what she's had, etc.

Thanks Klara, you always know something sweet to say don't you?

Actually I don't pay for calls to him and when he phones I either don't answer

or tell him

I'll phone him back. I signed up for Skype about 5 months ago on their

international plan

and have unlimited (so they say but it's really *only* 10,000 mins a month) to

many

countries in the world. Instead of using the computer to phone him they gave me

a skype

to go number free so I can access skype thru that with any landline or my

mobile. My cel

phone has unlimited use too. Actually Israel is on the list too so if you ever

want to chat,

let me know. I would do a commercial for Skype if they asked me. Really cool

thing.

Reg

>

> Has time gone by so fast?? Wasn't it who'd just had a baby when I first

joined this

group?? and asking zillions of questions

>  

> ok, went looking through memory lane, (didn't want to appear ridiculous by

remembering wrong) and yup, one of the posts, July 2007, she wrote her baby was

three

months old - so , guess you love this Mothering stuff like I did - don't

remember

hearing how it's been going since, guess too busy actually experiencing it all.

>  

> Did you ever look up Glen Doman's Better Baby Institute??

>  

> It's so exciting bringing in new life - I guess now that 's well

experienced, she'll

have less worries -  except the new situation, having to deal with baby and

older sibling.

>  

> btw, , did I ever post here how my first wouldn't agree to give up

nursing (despite

that I was gone from her for several days, my second was c-section) and I ended

up

tandem nursing them both (2 years apart) - for another 2 years, til I was

pregnant with

#3, and I just couldn't keep that up!!!!

>  

> ENJOY - relax, and get others to do any drudgery work - you just sit and look

lovingly

into the baby's eyes

>  

> Reggie - isn't great we live in this modern technical world - so even apart,

you can chat,

watch each other on videos, email and even spend money on phone calls - but the

33 days

will pass - and soon heaven (I hope) will be all yours and his

>  

> Klara

Guest guest

's also told me how great skype is but must be some catch because my husband doesn't seem to go for it

so that means you can call any number in Israel for free or just those who also have skype? ah, but I'll wait, I'm sure you need all 10,000 minutes for Australia -

Klara

From: purpleveg <purpleveg@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 1:37 AM

Hey Klara,I am going to assume if will ever answer these questions you should post them again in a month. :)I doubt she'll go back and read all that she's missed. But I will post when I know what she's had, etc.Thanks Klara, you always know something sweet to say don't you?Actually I don't pay for calls to him and when he phones I either don't answer or tell him I'll phone him back. I signed up for Skype about 5 months ago on their international plan and have unlimited (so they say but it's really *only* 10,000 mins a month) to many countries in the world. Instead of using the computer to phone him they gave me a skype to go number free so I can access skype thru that with any landline or my mobile. My cel phone has unlimited use too. Actually Israel is on the list too so if you ever want to chat, let me know. I would do a commercial for Skype if they asked me. Really cool

thing.Reg>> Has time gone by so fast?? Wasn't it who'd just had a baby when I first joined this group?? and asking zillions of questions> > ok, went looking through memory lane, (didn't want to appear ridiculous by remembering wrong) and yup, one of the posts, July 2007, she wrote her baby was three months old - so , guess you love this Mothering stuff like I did - don't remember hearing how it's been going since, guess too busy actually experiencing it all.> > Did you ever look up Glen Doman's Better Baby Institute?? > > It's so exciting bringing in new life - I guess now that 's well experienced, she'll have less worries - except the new situation,

having to deal with baby and older sibling.> > btw, , did I ever post here how my first wouldn't agree to give up nursing (despite that I was gone from her for several days, my second was c-section) and I ended up tandem nursing them both (2 years apart) - for another 2 years, til I was pregnant with #3, and I just couldn't keep that up!!!!> > ENJOY - relax, and get others to do any drudgery work - you just sit and look lovingly into the baby's eyes> > Reggie - isn't great we live in this modern technical world - so even apart, you can chat, watch each other on videos, email and even spend money on phone calls - but the 33 days will pass - and soon heaven (I hope) will be all yours and his> > Klara

Guest guest

no catch, tell your husband to research it, great stuff.

any number in Israel as long as it's not a mobile.

No, don't need 10,000 to Aus silly

Reg

> >

> > Has time gone by so fast?? Wasn't it who'd just had a baby when I

first joined

this

> group?? and asking zillions of questions

> >  

> > ok, went looking through memory lane, (didn't want to appear ridiculous by

> remembering wrong) and yup, one of the posts, July 2007, she wrote her baby

was three

> months old - so , guess you love this Mothering stuff like I did - don't

remember

> hearing how it's been going since, guess too busy actually experiencing it

all.

> >  

> > Did you ever look up Glen Doman's Better Baby Institute??

> >  

> > It's so exciting bringing in new life - I guess now that 's well

experienced, she'll

> have less worries -  except the new situation, having to deal with baby and

older sibling.

> >  

> > btw, , did I ever post here how my first wouldn't agree to give up

nursing

(despite

> that I was gone from her for several days, my second was c-section) and I

ended up

> tandem nursing them both (2 years apart) - for another 2 years, til I was

pregnant with

> #3, and I just couldn't keep that up!!!!

> >  

> > ENJOY - relax, and get others to do any drudgery work - you just sit and

look lovingly

> into the baby's eyes

> >  

> > Reggie - isn't great we live in this modern technical world - so even apart,

you can

chat,

> watch each other on videos, email and even spend money on phone calls - but

the 33

days

> will pass - and soon heaven (I hope) will be all yours and his

> >  

> > Klara

>

Guest guest

Persecuting the jerk would be a great idea but no such luck, though

I was lucky not to get arrested for assault myself.

Ola ;)

> > > >

> > > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what

you said I guess I'm a

> yin,

> > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two

broken fingers and

> cracked ribs.

> > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

> > > >

> > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family ,

clearly you have a

> strong

> > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with

your family. Books can

> certainly

> > > give you that one push to get through tough situations.

Sounds like you got that

> much

> > > needed push.

> > > >

> > > > Ola. ;)

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

You did a great thing. Now it’s time

to let go, and move on I think. Still a great story.

Danny's Warehouse

5701 West Blvd

Los Angeles, Ca 90016

323 954 8973

www.dannyswarehouse.com

Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008

9:20 AM

Subject: Re:

OT: Much Needed Advice...

Persecuting the jerk would be a great idea but no such

luck, though

I was lucky not to get arrested for assault myself.

Ola ;)

> > > >

> > > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what

you said I guess I'm a

> yin,

> > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two

broken fingers and

> cracked ribs.

> > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

> > > >

> > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family

clearly you have a

> strong

> > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with

your family. Books can

> certainly

> > > give you that one push to get through tough situations.

Sounds like you got that

> much

> > > needed push.

> > > >

> > > > Ola. ;)

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I certainly didn't imagine taking what I've learned and using it

against some sadistic punk, but there I was. Life can be full of

surprises; that's true for me because I didn't think I had it in me

to do what I did. It was an out of body experience.

Ola ;)

> > >

> > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what

you said I guess I'm a yin,

> > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken

fingers and cracked ribs.

> > >

> > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family ,

clearly you have a strong

> > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with

your family. Books can certainly

> > give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds

like you got that much

> > needed push.

> > >

> > > Ola. ;)

> >

>

Guest guest

I did move on but there's one thing I left out of my story…I was

responsible for what happened and that stuck with me.

Ola :)

> > > > >

> > > > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on

what

> you said I guess I'm a

> > yin,

> > > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two

> broken fingers and

> > cracked ribs.

> > > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

> > > > >

> > > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family

> clearly you have a

> > strong

> > > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened

with

> your family. Books can

> > certainly

> > > > give you that one push to get through tough situations.

> Sounds like you got that

> > much

> > > > needed push.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ola. ;)

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

that totally stinks

> > > > >

> > > > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what

> you said I guess I'm a

> > yin,

> > > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two

> broken fingers and

> > cracked ribs.

> > > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

> > > > >

> > > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family ,

> clearly you have a

> > strong

> > > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with

> your family. Books can

> > certainly

> > > > give you that one push to get through tough situations.

> Sounds like you got that

> > much

> > > > needed push.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ola. ;)

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

-what do you mean?

-- In , " Ola " <akadamska@...> wrote:

>

> I did move on but there's one thing I left out of my story…I was

> responsible for what happened and that stuck with me.

>

> Ola :)

>

>

>

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on

> what

> > you said I guess I'm a

> > > yin,

> > > > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two

> > broken fingers and

> > > cracked ribs.

> > > > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family

> ,

> > clearly you have a

> > > strong

> > > > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened

> with

> > your family. Books can

> > > certainly

> > > > > give you that one push to get through tough situations.

> > Sounds like you got that

> > > much

> > > > > needed push.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ola. ;)

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Initially when the kitty came around I gave it food, a piece here a

piece there. The jerk kept telling me not to feed it, but I did it

anyway and he got ticked off. He kept chasing the kitty away but it

came back again and snagged the sausage link. That's when the

incident happened. I think he did what he did, in part anyway, to

punish me.

Ola

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on

> > what

> > > you said I guess I'm a

> > > > yin,

> > > > > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two

> > > broken fingers and

> > > > cracked ribs.

> > > > > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family

> > ,

> > > clearly you have a

> > > > strong

> > > > > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has

happened

> > with

> > > your family. Books can

> > > > certainly

> > > > > > give you that one push to get through tough situations.

> > > Sounds like you got that

> > > > much

> > > > > > needed push.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ola. ;)

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

So sorry to hear you feel you're still carrying the burden of all this. Not

like it's good to

wish bad things on others but be assured Karma has a play in this, he will be

punished at

some point for his actions to the kitty and for causing you to react as you did.

You followed instinctual actions to protect an innocent being. Try to remember

this while

perhaps feeling pain from your reactions.

Group hug???

Reggie

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on

> > > what

> > > > you said I guess I'm a

> > > > > yin,

> > > > > > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two

> > > > broken fingers and

> > > > > cracked ribs.

> > > > > > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family

> > > ,

> > > > clearly you have a

> > > > > strong

> > > > > > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has

> happened

> > > with

> > > > your family. Books can

> > > > > certainly

> > > > > > > give you that one push to get through tough situations.

> > > > Sounds like you got that

> > > > > much

> > > > > > > needed push.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ola. ;)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

i do think Ola nailed some key concepts in family reactions. My mother

etas meat everyday, beginning with microwaved bacon in the morning, and

for me to become veg. she took as a direct criticism of her and a

personal insult and attack, and she has gone out of her way to destroy

me. Of course, with a diet like hers, she is not well phsically or

mentally. And jealousy. That is my brother, sibling rivalry can last a

lifetime, and i endured blistering attacks and verbal abuse from him.

Of course, karma is a very funny thing. Recently he began dating

a vegetarian massage therapist. i had tried in the past also giving

them books and making refences to the facts, but it did no good. At

this point quite a few of my family that harshly criticized me

have passed on, but i don't even go the the family funerals. i feel

like if i had no contact when they were living, they weren't really my

family.From: purpleveg <purpleveg@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 12:29 AM

So sorry to hear you feel you're still carrying the burden of all this. Not like it's good to

wish bad things on others but be assured Karma has a play in this, he will be punished at

some point for his actions to the kitty and for causing you to react as you did.

You followed instinctual actions to protect an innocent being. Try to remember this while

perhaps feeling pain from your reactions.

Group hug???

Reggie

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on

> > > what

> > > > you said I guess I'm a

> > > > > yin,

> > > > > > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two

> > > > broken fingers and

> > > > > cracked ribs.

> > > > > > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family

> > > ,

> > > > clearly you have a

> > > > > strong

> > > > > > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has

> happened

> > > with

> > > > your family. Books can

> > > > > certainly

> > > > > > > give you that one push to get through tough situations.

> > > > Sounds like you got that

> > > > > much

> > > > > > > needed push.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ola. ;)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I too am in a "mixed" family, but now realize how very fortunate I am - not that the way I eat isn't without it's challenges, but hearing how extreme some people can react, I can count my blessings, one for being free to eat this way, two for not having such great animosity because of it.

I also changed my ways in becomng more religious and that too had its challenges with my parents - because of them I came up with a definition of what is a fanatic (they told me I didn't have to be so fanatic) - a fanatic is anybody that does things differently than you do!!!

We are all individuals and we all do have to be true to our own beliefs - shame there isn't more respect in that way.

Klara

From: purpleveg <purpleveg (DOT) com>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice...Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 12:29 AM

So sorry to hear you feel you're still carrying the burden of all this. Not like it's good to wish bad things on others but be assured Karma has a play in this, he will be punished at some point for his actions to the kitty and for causing you to react as you did.You followed instinctual actions to protect an innocent being. Try to remember this while perhaps feeling pain from your reactions.Group hug???Reggie> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on > > > what > > > > you said I guess I'm a > > > > > yin, > > > > > > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two > > > > broken fingers and > > > > > cracked ribs. > > > > > > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family > > > , > > > > clearly you have a > > > > > strong >

> > > > > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has > happened > > > with > > > > your family. Books can > > > > > certainly > > > > > > > give you that one push to get through tough situations. > > > > Sounds like you got that > > > > > much > > > > > > > needed push.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Ola. ;)> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

You need part of the group hug too. How difficult it must be. Funny about your

brother.

Soooooo is his new girlfriend switching him to a veg diet? That would be

cool!!!

Reg

>

> > > > > > > > >

>

> > > > > > > > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on

>

> > > > what

>

> > > > > you said I guess I'm a

>

> > > > > > yin,

>

> > > > > > > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two

>

> > > > > broken fingers and

>

> > > > > > cracked ribs.

>

> > > > > > > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

>

> > > > > > > > >

>

> > > > > > > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family

>

> > > > ,

>

> > > > > clearly you have a

>

> > > > > > strong

>

> > > > > > > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has

>

> > happened

>

> > > > with

>

> > > > > your family. Books can

>

> > > > > > certainly

>

> > > > > > > > give you that one push to get through tough situations.

>

> > > > > Sounds like you got that

>

> > > > > > much

>

> > > > > > > > needed push.

>

> > > > > > > > >

>

> > > > > > > > > Ola. ;)

>

> > > > > > > >

>

> > > > > > >

>

> > > > > >

>

> > > > >

>

> > > >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

Guest guest

I love it Klara!!!

By the way group, Klara and I had a lovely convo the other day. Again Klara,

I'm sorry I

put you on hold for my sister as long as I did, she is a yapper. :) Actually

in her defense,

I did say it was on my dime and tell me what she needed to. I just didn't

realize it was

important, I thought it was " I'll be at moms place at such and such time " once

she started

talking about something serious it was difficult to say yea whatever, that's

mean...

Hope you forgive me...

Reg

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > what

> > > > > > yin,

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > ,

> > > > > > strong

> > happened

> > > > with

> > > > > > certainly

> > > > > > much

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

hopefully she will. i'm not supposed to know about the relationship,

because she is married, but if he does convert, i'm sure he won't tell

me. someday i would like to go into a little more about my life

and my family, to demonstate the incredible power of practicing

macrobiotics, because my story is nothing nice, and since i survived, i

hope it would be inspirational to others. Just to give one highlight,

as i was growing up, my father was taking money from our family

business, and spening it on other women, leaving us on a shoestring

budget.From: purpleveg <purpleveg@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 1:38 PM

You need part of the group hug too. How difficult it must be. Funny about your brother.

Soooooo is his new girlfriend switching him to a veg diet? That would be cool!!!

Reg

>

> > > > > > > > >

>

>

> > > > what

>

>

> > > > > > yin,

>

>

>

>

>

> > > > > > > > >

>

>

> > > > ,

>

>

> > > > > > strong

>

>

> > happened

>

> > > > with

>

>

> > > > > > certainly

>

>

>

> > > > > > much

>

>

> > > > > > > > >

>

>

> > > > > > > >

>

> > > > > > >

>

> > > > > >

>

> > > > >

>

> > > >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

Guest guest

If only that were the biggest problem in my life :>) truly not a biggy

yup, it was a shock to hear, it's Reggie, what, Reggie from America??!!!

that was fun - I told my husband (again) and he said ok, you go do all the preparation (?? not sure if that's the word he used) for skype, so I keep thinking there must be something more to it if he's reluctant to do it -

Klara

From: purpleveg <purpleveg@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 7:41 PM

I love it Klara!!!By the way group, Klara and I had a lovely convo the other day. Again Klara, I'm sorry I put you on hold for my sister as long as I did, she is a yapper. :) Actually in her defense, I did say it was on my dime and tell me what she needed to. I just didn't realize it was important, I thought it was "I'll be at moms place at such and such time" once she started talking about something serious it was difficult to say yea whatever, that's mean...Hope you forgive me...Reg> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on > >

> > what > > > > > you said I guess I'm a > > > > > > yin, > > > > > > > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two > > > > > broken fingers and > > > > > > cracked ribs. > > > > > > > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family > > > > , > > > > > clearly you have a > > > > > > strong > > > > > > > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has > > happened > > > > with > > > > > your family. Books can > > > > > > certainly > > > > > > > > give you that one

push to get through tough situations. > > > > > Sounds like you got that > > > > > > much > > > > > > > > needed push.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Ola. ;)> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Skype is sooooooo easy!!!

Sheesh what's up with your husband?

I'll tell him next time I phone you k?

Reg

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on

> > > > > what

> > > > > > you said I guess I'm a

> > > > > > > yin,

> > > > > > > > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two

> > > > > > broken fingers and

> > > > > > > cracked ribs.

> > > > > > > > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family

> > > > > ,

> > > > > > clearly you have a

> > > > > > > strong

> > > > > > > > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has

> > > happened

> > > > > with

> > > > > > your family. Books can

> > > > > > > certainly

> > > > > > > > > give you that one push to get through tough situations.

> > > > > > Sounds like you got that

> > > > > > > much

> > > > > > > > > needed push.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Ola. ;)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

i would just like to say that due to my family's reaction, i was

almost a vegetarian Girl Interrupted. When i became depressed

they tried to have me committed. Of course along with me, quite a

few family secrets would have been locked away. i started to

watch that movie once but had to stop, it was too upsetting to me.

From: purpleveg <purpleveg (DOT) com>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice...Date: Tuesday, October 14, 2008, 12:29 AM

So sorry to hear you feel you're still carrying the burden of all this. Not like it's good to wish bad things on others but be assured Karma has a play in this, he will be punished at some point for his actions to the kitty and for causing you to react as you did.You followed instinctual actions to protect an innocent being. Try to remember this while perhaps feeling pain from your reactions.Group hug???Reggie> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on > > > what > > > > you said I guess I'm a > > > > > yin, > > > > > > > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two > > > > broken fingers and > > > > > cracked ribs. > > > > > > > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family > > > , > > > > clearly you have a > > > > > strong >

> > > > > > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has > happened > > > with > > > > your family. Books can > > > > > certainly > > > > > > > give you that one push to get through tough situations. > > > > Sounds like you got that > > > > > much > > > > > > > needed push.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Ola. ;)> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>