but you can't pick your family.

>

> Ola. ;)

Guest guest

Chicago diner???

Ken???

Chicago has a decent vegan community from what I remember. I have a friend

Marshall

who is in Rockford, he's vegan if you'd like a new vegan friend...

The newest commercial that really gets me is the 'happy cows in California' what

a load of

poo

Reg

>

> No, all my friends are meat eaters. I have a complicated relationship with my

friends

but we respect each others choices and its been working well so far.

>

> I live on Earth. Out of all the planets its the nicest one, LOL. More

specifically I live in

Chicago.

>

>

> How about these companies make a commercial showing how they run their factory

farms.

>

> Ola ;)

Guest guest

Chicago diner???

Ken???

Chicago has a decent vegan community from what I remember. I have a friend

Marshall

who is in Rockford, he's vegan if you'd like a new vegan friend...

The newest commercial that really gets me is the 'happy cows in California' what

a load of

poo

Reg

>

> No, all my friends are meat eaters. I have a complicated relationship with my

friends

but we respect each others choices and its been working well so far.

>

> I live on Earth. Out of all the planets its the nicest one, LOL. More

specifically I live in

Chicago.

>

>

> How about these companies make a commercial showing how they run their factory

farms.

>

> Ola ;)

Guest guest

you can't leave me hanging, what happened????

2 broken fingers and cracked ribs? wow! details

Reggie

>

> I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what you said I guess

I'm a yin,

although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers and

cracked ribs.

He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

>

> I can't imagine what you went through with your family , clearly you have

a strong

spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your family.

Books can certainly

give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you got

that much

needed push.

>

> Ola. ;)

Guest guest

you can't leave me hanging, what happened????

2 broken fingers and cracked ribs? wow! details

Reggie

>

> I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what you said I guess

I'm a yin,

although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers and

cracked ribs.

He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

>

> I can't imagine what you went through with your family , clearly you have

a strong

spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your family.

Books can certainly

give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you got

that much

needed push.

>

> Ola. ;)

Guest guest

Reggie,

In the big picture you are right - but in our personal lives we must always take our own lives into account - now that I know it's "kosher" to bring in Jewish stuff, my favorite quote for balance is Hillel's if I'm not for myself, who will be? if I am only for myself, what am I, if not now, when? (found in the Ethics of the Fathers, chapter 1, verse 14) - the true wisdom (ah, my wisdom, ha ha) is to know when you have reached enough strength of your own that you can go out and struggle for others

otoh, as many of us know, sometimes that struggle is NOT called for - sometimes as I already posted when you try to battle with yang, you only attract yang (they fight back) and it's not useful. And as wrote, there are yin ways of also struggling, look at Gandhi, he refused to fight back and many were greatly attracted to his ways. otoh, when we in Israel try to be "peaceful" and give over stuff to the Palestinians, we end up paying a greater price (sorry for bringing in politics here) - so truly the way is individual in every case - there's another quote in Judaism, not sure where to find it, but something about not giving over chastisement if it won't be heard.

Ola, truly you need to be in a peaceful strong place - I don't see how battling at this point can help you - what I often advise people who feel they are struggling alone, is to look at bulletin boards in health food stores and find other like minded friends - or put up a notice that you'd like to meet others, perhaps have potlucks - it helps having friends near by who support you in your "odd" ways (I'm not saying it's odd, I'm saying that's how it feels if you don't have others who eat like you do)

Klara

From: purpleveg <purpleveg@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 6:54 AM

,I am sorry for your pain and suffering, your family hurt you indeed.While I understand what you say about violence and attacking I find it is very important for us to have a voice for the animals. What about all the women who fought for our right to vote? What about all those who fought to end slavery? They fought and won. I feel it is our job to spread the word, tell others that this injustice is happening by the billions.Just sitting back and not saying anything avoids arguments but it doesn't protect all of the creatures on the earth, all are G-d's creatures. They have just as much right to live as we do.Reggie>> Ola, When i talked about being low profile, in Michio Kushi's Book he> talks about courage.He

says, "After we discover justice we must have> the courage to live it. Courage, too, can be divided into yin and yang.> Yang courage is often violent and attacking.The leaders of the French> Revolution were full of this type of courage. What do you thinkof it?> Do not forget that everything that is yang has a very short life. We> cannot run for very long without becoming tired. Courage that> demonstrates your physical and material powers will soon exhaust your> resources.> > Another kind of courage, almost unknown in the West,> may be called yin courage.It does not express itself outwardly very> often, it keeps hidden and withdrawn.Instead of wavibng banners and> atrguing for change, the person with this ability deepens himself and> encourages others to change themselves.This kind of courage can last a> long time, and one who has it can

be long lived and healthy.> > So, Ola, use your time wisely to deepen> yourself. i know this may sound very strange, but i have realized that> my family's reaction to what i was doing was actually a blessing in> disguise. as heartbreaking as it wwas at the time. They went out of> their way to hurt and humiliate me. One thing they did was to have> various family get togethers and not invite me, and my mother made sure> i knew they were happening. In my sorrow, i studied one particular book> to comfort myself, and it did help me grow spiritually, and so the> loneliness, pain and isolation was actually an angel in disguise.i> would just like to say i am of no particular religion, and i respect> everyone's choice of faith. The book was The Gospel of Peace Jesus"s> Teachings of Eternal Truth. It describes Jesus's troubles with his

own> family and Michio's problems with his family's non acceptance of what> he was teaching. i am not sure how many times i have read this book and> how much it helped me. And it makes the case for what Jesus was> actually trying to teach was Macrobiotics, he wasn't asking anyone to> worship him personally. It also talks about people who don't fit in.> That we are actually the chosen ones, and so it is a blessing to not> fit into your family. i hope this helps you, Ola.

Guest guest

Reggie,

In the big picture you are right - but in our personal lives we must always take our own lives into account - now that I know it's "kosher" to bring in Jewish stuff, my favorite quote for balance is Hillel's if I'm not for myself, who will be? if I am only for myself, what am I, if not now, when? (found in the Ethics of the Fathers, chapter 1, verse 14) - the true wisdom (ah, my wisdom, ha ha) is to know when you have reached enough strength of your own that you can go out and struggle for others

otoh, as many of us know, sometimes that struggle is NOT called for - sometimes as I already posted when you try to battle with yang, you only attract yang (they fight back) and it's not useful. And as wrote, there are yin ways of also struggling, look at Gandhi, he refused to fight back and many were greatly attracted to his ways. otoh, when we in Israel try to be "peaceful" and give over stuff to the Palestinians, we end up paying a greater price (sorry for bringing in politics here) - so truly the way is individual in every case - there's another quote in Judaism, not sure where to find it, but something about not giving over chastisement if it won't be heard.

Ola, truly you need to be in a peaceful strong place - I don't see how battling at this point can help you - what I often advise people who feel they are struggling alone, is to look at bulletin boards in health food stores and find other like minded friends - or put up a notice that you'd like to meet others, perhaps have potlucks - it helps having friends near by who support you in your "odd" ways (I'm not saying it's odd, I'm saying that's how it feels if you don't have others who eat like you do)

Klara

From: purpleveg <purpleveg@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 6:54 AM

,I am sorry for your pain and suffering, your family hurt you indeed.While I understand what you say about violence and attacking I find it is very important for us to have a voice for the animals. What about all the women who fought for our right to vote? What about all those who fought to end slavery? They fought and won. I feel it is our job to spread the word, tell others that this injustice is happening by the billions.Just sitting back and not saying anything avoids arguments but it doesn't protect all of the creatures on the earth, all are G-d's creatures. They have just as much right to live as we do.Reggie>> Ola, When i talked about being low profile, in Michio Kushi's Book he> talks about courage.He

says, "After we discover justice we must have> the courage to live it. Courage, too, can be divided into yin and yang.> Yang courage is often violent and attacking.The leaders of the French> Revolution were full of this type of courage. What do you thinkof it?> Do not forget that everything that is yang has a very short life. We> cannot run for very long without becoming tired. Courage that> demonstrates your physical and material powers will soon exhaust your> resources.> > Another kind of courage, almost unknown in the West,> may be called yin courage.It does not express itself outwardly very> often, it keeps hidden and withdrawn.Instead of wavibng banners and> atrguing for change, the person with this ability deepens himself and> encourages others to change themselves.This kind of courage can last a> long time, and one who has it can

be long lived and healthy.> > So, Ola, use your time wisely to deepen> yourself. i know this may sound very strange, but i have realized that> my family's reaction to what i was doing was actually a blessing in> disguise. as heartbreaking as it wwas at the time. They went out of> their way to hurt and humiliate me. One thing they did was to have> various family get togethers and not invite me, and my mother made sure> i knew they were happening. In my sorrow, i studied one particular book> to comfort myself, and it did help me grow spiritually, and so the> loneliness, pain and isolation was actually an angel in disguise.i> would just like to say i am of no particular religion, and i respect> everyone's choice of faith. The book was The Gospel of Peace Jesus"s> Teachings of Eternal Truth. It describes Jesus's troubles with his

own> family and Michio's problems with his family's non acceptance of what> he was teaching. i am not sure how many times i have read this book and> how much it helped me. And it makes the case for what Jesus was> actually trying to teach was Macrobiotics, he wasn't asking anyone to> worship him personally. It also talks about people who don't fit in.> That we are actually the chosen ones, and so it is a blessing to not> fit into your family. i hope this helps you, Ola.

Guest guest

you might not care for the ad

but please don't knock poo

makes great compost :>)

Klara

From: purpleveg <purpleveg@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 7:03 AM

Chicago diner???Ken???Chicago has a decent vegan community from what I remember. I have a friend Marshall who is in Rockford, he's vegan if you'd like a new vegan friend...The newest commercial that really gets me is the 'happy cows in California' what a load of pooReg>> No, all my friends are meat eaters. I have a complicated relationship with my friends but we respect each others choices and its been working well so far. > > I live on Earth. Out of all the planets its the nicest one, LOL. More specifically I live in Chicago. > > > How about these companies make a commercial showing how they run their factory farms. > > Ola

;)

Guest guest

you might not care for the ad

but please don't knock poo

makes great compost :>)

Klara

From: purpleveg <purpleveg@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 7:03 AM

Chicago diner???Ken???Chicago has a decent vegan community from what I remember. I have a friend Marshall who is in Rockford, he's vegan if you'd like a new vegan friend...The newest commercial that really gets me is the 'happy cows in California' what a load of pooReg>> No, all my friends are meat eaters. I have a complicated relationship with my friends but we respect each others choices and its been working well so far. > > I live on Earth. Out of all the planets its the nicest one, LOL. More specifically I live in Chicago. > > > How about these companies make a commercial showing how they run their factory farms. > > Ola

;)

Guest guest

I've had problems with that also - I've been in situations where they ask, but not really - they don't really want to know -so I have categories of different kinds of answers, depending on what I feel their real interest is

Klara

From: Ola <akadamska@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 4:08 AM

Thanks Klara, I try to stay in a yin mode but sometimes its hard. I don't push my ideas onto others but once they ask the gloves are off, lol.Ola ;) > >> > Hi> > > > Welcome> > > > You are in good hands. As for the vitamins, starving etc, > remember. You have> > the opportunity to show all the folks around you how great you > feel, how> > much less you get sick. How regular you moods are, how much you > care about> > the environment. You are a pioneer (no pressure)> > > > Danny> > > > > > > > Danny's Warehouse> >

> > 5701 West Blvd> > > > Los Angeles, Ca 90016> > > > 323 954 8973> > > > www.dannyswarehouse .com> > > > _____ > > > > From: > > [mailto:VeganMacrob iotics] On Behalf Of Ola> > Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 8:07 AM> > > > Subject: OT: Much Needed Advice...> > > > > > > > Hi everyone, I'm so glad to be part of this group and ready to > throw > > out my first problem, lol.> > > > I have been a happy vegan for 11 months now. It was a natural > > transition my mom and others were happy to support, but other > family > > members.well, not so much. I am always feeling like I'm defending

> > myself, faced with a barrage of criticisms: "you're being stupid, > > you'll get sick, you're starving yourself, you need vitamins," > etc. > > > > Did any of you come across this problem? How did you deal with it? > > Do I just ignore it or do I casually spill out two words, one of > them > > being `off' and be done with it? > > > > Ola ;)> >>

Guest guest

I've had problems with that also - I've been in situations where they ask, but not really - they don't really want to know -so I have categories of different kinds of answers, depending on what I feel their real interest is

Klara

From: Ola <akadamska@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 4:08 AM

Thanks Klara, I try to stay in a yin mode but sometimes its hard. I don't push my ideas onto others but once they ask the gloves are off, lol.Ola ;) > >> > Hi> > > > Welcome> > > > You are in good hands. As for the vitamins, starving etc, > remember. You have> > the opportunity to show all the folks around you how great you > feel, how> > much less you get sick. How regular you moods are, how much you > care about> > the environment. You are a pioneer (no pressure)> > > > Danny> > > > > > > > Danny's Warehouse> >

> > 5701 West Blvd> > > > Los Angeles, Ca 90016> > > > 323 954 8973> > > > www.dannyswarehouse .com> > > > _____ > > > > From: > > [mailto:VeganMacrob iotics] On Behalf Of Ola> > Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 8:07 AM> > > > Subject: OT: Much Needed Advice...> > > > > > > > Hi everyone, I'm so glad to be part of this group and ready to > throw > > out my first problem, lol.> > > > I have been a happy vegan for 11 months now. It was a natural > > transition my mom and others were happy to support, but other > family > > members.well, not so much. I am always feeling like I'm defending

> > myself, faced with a barrage of criticisms: "you're being stupid, > > you'll get sick, you're starving yourself, you need vitamins," > etc. > > > > Did any of you come across this problem? How did you deal with it? > > Do I just ignore it or do I casually spill out two words, one of > them > > being `off' and be done with it? > > > > Ola ;)> >>

Guest guest

I've been told often that if I don't take the bait, my critics will stop because it's the rise they're interested in, and when no rise, no more fun for them

must be someone here on this list with clever one liners to give back

From: Ola <akadamska@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 2:53 AM

I have a sister as well and even though she's not a vegan she goes out of her way to accommodate me whenever I stay with her and her family, especially during the Holidays. Her hubby, even though I like him, is one of my critics. As they say, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.Ola. ;) > > > >> > > > Hi everyone, I'm so glad to be part of this group and ready to > > throw > > > > out my first problem, lol.> > > > > > > > I have been a happy vegan for 11 months now. It was a natural > > > > transition my mom and others were happy to support, but other > > family > > > > members…well, not so much. I am always feeling like I'm > > defending > > >

> myself, faced with a barrage of criticisms: "you're being > > stupid, > > > > you'll get sick, you're starving yourself, you need vitamins," > > etc. > > > > > > > > Did any of you come across this problem? How did you deal with > > it? > > > > Do I just ignore it or do I casually spill out two words, one of > > them > > > > being `off' and be done with it? > > > > > > > > Ola ;)> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

I've been told often that if I don't take the bait, my critics will stop because it's the rise they're interested in, and when no rise, no more fun for them

must be someone here on this list with clever one liners to give back

From: Ola <akadamska@...>Subject: Re: OT: Much Needed Advice... Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 2:53 AM

I have a sister as well and even though she's not a vegan she goes out of her way to accommodate me whenever I stay with her and her family, especially during the Holidays. Her hubby, even though I like him, is one of my critics. As they say, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.Ola. ;) > > > >> > > > Hi everyone, I'm so glad to be part of this group and ready to > > throw > > > > out my first problem, lol.> > > > > > > > I have been a happy vegan for 11 months now. It was a natural > > > > transition my mom and others were happy to support, but other > > family > > > > members…well, not so much. I am always feeling like I'm > > defending > > >

> myself, faced with a barrage of criticisms: "you're being > > stupid, > > > > you'll get sick, you're starving yourself, you need vitamins," > > etc. > > > > > > > > Did any of you come across this problem? How did you deal with > > it? > > > > Do I just ignore it or do I casually spill out two words, one of > > them > > > > being `off' and be done with it? > > > > > > > > Ola ;)> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

It's a bit of a long story. I was visiting my brother and his family. It was a

small get together of friends by a lake on a camping ground. At some point a

kitty wondered over, he had to belong to someone I don't think he lived in the

wild. One of the guys kept chasing him away but the kitty stole food from a

tray. It was the funniest thing, he was dragging this large piece of sausage

link into the woods.

Some time later I heard this awful sound I turned and that same guy was crushing

the kitties skull under his boot. He was stumping on this innocent animal as if

it was

a piece of garbage. He grabbed the kitty and tossed towards the woods.

At that moment my yin flew out the window. The fact that I studied martial arts

made it worse. The next thing I remember is me dropping on him like a grand

piano and crushing his chest with my knee. He screamed and swung at my head, I

grabbed his hand and broke two fingers. By then I was being pulled off of him.

At that point our weekend was over, they took the jerk to the hospital. I

looked for the kitty but no luck. I think it crawled in somewhere and died.

That's the story, not something to be proud of.

Ola ;)

> >

> > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what you said I

guess I'm a yin,

> although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers and

cracked ribs.

> He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

> >

> > I can't imagine what you went through with your family , clearly you

have a strong

> spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your family.

Books can certainly

> give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you got

that much

> needed push.

> >

> > Ola. ;)

>

Guest guest

It's a bit of a long story. I was visiting my brother and his family. It was a

small get together of friends by a lake on a camping ground. At some point a

kitty wondered over, he had to belong to someone I don't think he lived in the

wild. One of the guys kept chasing him away but the kitty stole food from a

tray. It was the funniest thing, he was dragging this large piece of sausage

link into the woods.

Some time later I heard this awful sound I turned and that same guy was crushing

the kitties skull under his boot. He was stumping on this innocent animal as if

it was

Ola ;)

> >

> > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what you said I

guess I'm a yin,

> although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers and

cracked ribs.

> >

> > I can't imagine what you went through with your family , clearly you

have a strong

> spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your family.

Books can certainly

> give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you got

that much

> needed push.

> >

> > Ola. ;)

>

Guest guest

What a story!

Poor kitty. (No sympathy for guy)

Danny

Danny's Warehouse

5701 West Blvd

Los Angeles, Ca 90016

323 954 8973

www.dannyswarehouse.com

Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008

7:04 AM

Subject: Re:

OT: Much Needed Advice...

It's a bit of a long story. I was visiting my brother

and his family. It was a small get together of friends by a lake on a camping

ground. At some point a kitty wondered over, he had to belong to someone I

don't think he lived in the wild. One of the guys kept chasing him away but the

kitty stole food from a tray. It was the funniest thing, he was dragging this

large piece of sausage link into the woods.

Some time later I heard this awful sound I turned and that same guy was

crushing the kitties skull under his boot. He was stumping on this innocent

animal as if it was

Ola ;)

> >

> > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what you said

I guess I'm a yin,

> although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers

and cracked ribs.

> >

> > I can't imagine what you went through with your family , clearly

you have a strong

> spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your

family. Books can certainly

> give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you

got that much

> needed push.

> >

> > Ola. ;)

>

Guest guest

What a story!

Poor kitty. (No sympathy for guy)

Danny

Danny's Warehouse

5701 West Blvd

Los Angeles, Ca 90016

323 954 8973

www.dannyswarehouse.com

Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008

7:04 AM

Subject: Re:

OT: Much Needed Advice...

It's a bit of a long story. I was visiting my brother

and his family. It was a small get together of friends by a lake on a camping

ground. At some point a kitty wondered over, he had to belong to someone I

don't think he lived in the wild. One of the guys kept chasing him away but the

kitty stole food from a tray. It was the funniest thing, he was dragging this

large piece of sausage link into the woods.

Some time later I heard this awful sound I turned and that same guy was

crushing the kitties skull under his boot. He was stumping on this innocent

animal as if it was

Ola ;)

> >

> > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what you said

I guess I'm a yin,

> although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers

and cracked ribs.

> >

> > I can't imagine what you went through with your family , clearly

you have a strong

> spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your

family. Books can certainly

> give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you

got that much

> needed push.

> >

> > Ola. ;)

>

Guest guest

Not exactly one of my proudest moments.

Ola :)

> > >

> > > I never read Kushi's book, sound interesting. Based on what you said I

> guess I'm a yin,

> > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers

> and cracked ribs.

> > He deserved it, he was torturing an animal.

> > >

> > > I can't imagine what you went through with your family , clearly you

> have a strong

> > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your

> family. Books can certainly

> > give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you

> got that much

> > needed push.

> > >

> > > Ola. ;)

> >

>

Guest guest

Not exactly one of my proudest moments.

Ola :)

> > >

> guess I'm a yin,

> > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers

> and cracked ribs.

> > >

> have a strong

> > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your

> family. Books can certainly

> > give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you

> got that much

> > needed push.

> > >

> > > Ola. ;)

> >

>

Guest guest

Hey Klara,

You're cute....

Yes, I totally agree we need to get ourselves in a right frame of mind to fight

for causes.

BUT.... sometimes a person who feels worthless can feel better about themselves

because

they are out helping others. Sometimes that's what a certain person needs.

Some may

call that co dependent which I think is a load of crap. JMHO

We do need to learn to choose our battles that's for sure

Hugs,

Reggie

>

> Reggie,

>  

> In the big picture you are right - but in our personal lives we must always

take our own

lives into account - now that I know it's " kosher " to bring in Jewish stuff, my

favorite quote

for balance is Hillel's if I'm not for myself, who will be? if I am only for

myself, what am I,

if not now, when? (found in the Ethics of the Fathers, chapter 1, verse 14) -

the true

wisdom (ah, my wisdom, ha ha) is to know when you have reached enough strength

of

your own that you can go out and struggle for others

>  

> otoh, as many of us know, sometimes that struggle is NOT called for -

sometimes as I

already posted when you try to battle with yang, you only attract yang (they

fight back)

and it's not useful. And as wrote, there are yin ways of also struggling,

look at Gandhi,

he refused to fight back and many were greatly attracted to his ways. otoh, when

we in

Israel try to be " peaceful " and give over stuff to the Palestinians, we end up

paying a

greater price (sorry for bringing in politics here) - so truly the way is

individual in every

case - there's another quote in Judaism, not sure where to find it, but

something about not

giving over chastisement if it won't be heard.

>  

> Ola, truly you need to be in a peaceful strong place - I don't see how

battling at this

point can help you - what I often advise people who feel they are struggling

alone, is to

look at bulletin boards in health food stores and find other like minded friends

- or put up

a notice that you'd like to meet others, perhaps have potlucks - it helps having

friends

near by who support you in your " odd " ways (I'm not saying it's odd, I'm saying

that's how

it feels if you don't have others who eat like you do)

>  

> Klara

Guest guest

Hey Klara,

You're cute....

Yes, I totally agree we need to get ourselves in a right frame of mind to fight

for causes.

BUT.... sometimes a person who feels worthless can feel better about themselves

because

they are out helping others. Sometimes that's what a certain person needs.

Some may

call that co dependent which I think is a load of crap. JMHO

We do need to learn to choose our battles that's for sure

Hugs,

Reggie

>

> Reggie,

>  

> In the big picture you are right - but in our personal lives we must always

take our own

lives into account - now that I know it's " kosher " to bring in Jewish stuff, my

favorite quote

for balance is Hillel's if I'm not for myself, who will be? if I am only for

myself, what am I,

if not now, when? (found in the Ethics of the Fathers, chapter 1, verse 14) -

the true

wisdom (ah, my wisdom, ha ha) is to know when you have reached enough strength

of

your own that you can go out and struggle for others

>  

> otoh, as many of us know, sometimes that struggle is NOT called for -

sometimes as I

already posted when you try to battle with yang, you only attract yang (they

fight back)

and it's not useful. And as wrote, there are yin ways of also struggling,

look at Gandhi,

he refused to fight back and many were greatly attracted to his ways. otoh, when

we in

Israel try to be " peaceful " and give over stuff to the Palestinians, we end up

paying a

greater price (sorry for bringing in politics here) - so truly the way is

individual in every

case - there's another quote in Judaism, not sure where to find it, but

something about not

giving over chastisement if it won't be heard.

>  

> Ola, truly you need to be in a peaceful strong place - I don't see how

battling at this

point can help you - what I often advise people who feel they are struggling

alone, is to

look at bulletin boards in health food stores and find other like minded friends

- or put up

a notice that you'd like to meet others, perhaps have potlucks - it helps having

friends

near by who support you in your " odd " ways (I'm not saying it's odd, I'm saying

that's how

it feels if you don't have others who eat like you do)

>  

> Klara

Guest guest

haha

I was just going to post about another commercial that drives me batty. Dcon

has this

new box that you shove in corners and it kills the mouse and you can't see it.

Yes,

another way to hide what we're doing. Disgusting.

R

> >

> > No, all my friends are meat eaters. I have a complicated relationship with

my friends

> but we respect each others choices and its been working well so far.

> >

> > I live on Earth. Out of all the planets its the nicest one, LOL. More

specifically I live in

> Chicago.

> >

> >

> > How about these companies make a commercial showing how they run their

factory

> farms.

> >

> > Ola ;)

>

Guest guest

haha

I was just going to post about another commercial that drives me batty. Dcon

has this

new box that you shove in corners and it kills the mouse and you can't see it.

Yes,

another way to hide what we're doing. Disgusting.

R

> >

> > No, all my friends are meat eaters. I have a complicated relationship with

my friends

> but we respect each others choices and its been working well so far.

> >

> > I live on Earth. Out of all the planets its the nicest one, LOL. More

specifically I live in

> Chicago.

> >

> >

> > How about these companies make a commercial showing how they run their

factory

> farms.

> >

> > Ola ;)

>

Guest guest

Oh dear, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that.

To be honest I don't condone violence either BUT I'm giving you a standing

ovation for

that one. What a jerk that guy is!!! It's unreal there are such sadistic

individuals in the

world. There was no way to prosecute this jerk?

Someone like that is insecure obviously and probably became emasculated b/c he

was

beaten by a chick. Good job!!!! Sorry to the dudes out there. tee hee

Reg

> > >

guess I'm a

yin,

> > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers and

cracked ribs.

> > >

have a

strong

> > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your family.

Books can

certainly

> > give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you got

that

much

> > needed push.

> > >

> > > Ola. ;)

> >

>

Guest guest

Oh dear, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that.

To be honest I don't condone violence either BUT I'm giving you a standing

ovation for

that one. What a jerk that guy is!!! It's unreal there are such sadistic

individuals in the

world. There was no way to prosecute this jerk?

Someone like that is insecure obviously and probably became emasculated b/c he

was

beaten by a chick. Good job!!!! Sorry to the dudes out there. tee hee

Reg

> > >

guess I'm a

yin,

> > although I had a yang moment and a guy ended up with two broken fingers and

cracked ribs.

> > >

have a

strong

> > spirit to find a positive outlook after what has happened with your family.

Books can

certainly

> > give you that one push to get through tough situations. Sounds like you got

that

much

> > needed push.

> > >

> > > Ola. ;)

> >

>