RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sorry you are prone to heat stroke. That sounds scary. It sounds like you have found an effective way to work around it.

I have a stainless water bottle too and love it. It DOES keep the water cooler longer:-)

Guest guest

Sorry you are prone to heat stroke. That sounds scary. It sounds like you have found an effective way to work around it.

I have a stainless water bottle too and love it. It DOES keep the water cooler longer:-)

Guest guest

Jenni,

I am sorry you got this news. Please know that we understand how much you love your kids and saying that it is horrible news really only underlines how much you do care about them. If you didn't love them it wouldn't feel so horrible. You can do this and I will be praying for you and your boys. God will give you the strength you need doubly now. Kellie

From: jennibabe31 <jennibabe31@...>autism Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 12:26:53 PMSubject: update

I haven't posted in awhile. I have an 8 yr old autistic son and have been going through testing with my 5 yr old. This morning I got the news that he is also autistic. I suspected this,but the news has been a blow all the same (he has epilepsy and I was hoping that all the developmental problems stemmed from that). I am feeling a little confused at the moment. I don't want to say that this is horrible (I feel blessed with my kids), but I also don't know how I am going to handle 2 autistic kids. Just wanted to post an update.Jenni

Guest guest

Hi,I am sorry to hear your news. As much as we love our children it is definitely a challenge to have one child with asd but two will really keep you busy. The one bright spot is that you already know a lot more than you did when your first child was diagnosed so you can get past that learning curve and start right in with recovering him too. Since both children are on the spectrum what is good for one should be beneficial to the other. Hopefully any dietary changes can be useful for both boys as well as vits and minerals. Good luck, remember we are running this race with you. J. TACA, Santa From: jennibabe31 <jennibabe31@...>autism Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 10:26:53 AMSubject: update

I haven't posted in awhile. I have an 8 yr old autistic son and have been going through testing with my 5 yr old. This morning I got the news that he is also autistic. I suspected this,but the news has been a blow all the same (he has epilepsy and I was hoping that all the developmental problems stemmed from that). I am feeling a little confused at the moment. I don't want to say that this is horrible (I feel blessed with my kids), but I also don't know how I am going to handle 2 autistic kids. Just wanted to post an update.

Jenni

Guest guest

they are very different. My older son is more verbal and violent. My younger son speaks at about a 2 yr old level and is more withdrawn. The younger one will avoid people rather than get into any confrontation where the older one will try to fight his way out of a paper bag when around anyone.

Jenni

From: lois noland <jlois@...>Subject: Re: updateautism Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 1:23 AM

Jenni,

I am sorry. Are they on different behaviour levels? Lois

update

Guest guest

No 2 autism people are alike. J was the sweetest little boy ever. When he hit pubeirty he started getting angry and throwing things and hitting out..........(at me) but yet he loves me to death. Lois

Re: update

Guest guest

Jenni...God love you, I know this news, even though you do love your kiddos, is very hard to hear. I remember sort of being prepared to hear it as it relates to my ...but when I heard the words, my heart sank...I will pray that you have a peace that passes understanding tonight...

e

From: jennibabe31 <jennibabe31@...>autism Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 12:26:53 PMSubject: update

I haven't posted in awhile. I have an 8 yr old autistic son and have been going through testing with my 5 yr old. This morning I got the news that he is also autistic. I suspected this,but the news has been a blow all the same (he has epilepsy and I was hoping that all the developmental problems stemmed from that). I am feeling a little confused at the moment. I don't want to say that this is horrible (I feel blessed with my kids), but I also don't know how I am going to handle 2 autistic kids. Just wanted to post an update.Jenni

Guest guest

Jenni, I'm so sorry for your news, but I know that God will give you

the strength that you need for the challenge.

I remember after my second daughter praying to God and asking for strength to

take care of two little girls; do you know how he answered my prayer? He gave

me a third little girl. LOL, LOL, Pat K

update

I haven't posted in awhile. I have an 8 yr old autistic son and have been going through testing with my 5 yr old. This morning I got the news that he is also autistic. I suspected this,but the news has been a blow all the same (he has epilepsy and I was hoping that all the developmental problems stemmed from that). I am feeling a little confused at the moment. I don't want to say that this is horrible (I feel blessed with my kids), but I also don't know how I am going to handle 2 autistic kids. Just wanted to post an update.

Jenni

Guest guest

Judy, you'll be in my prayers. You are blessed to have so much help. Thank God for family. Love and blessings, Pat K

Update

We saw the second surgeon yesterday (the gyn oncologist) and surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday the 15th at 12:30 at St. 's Hospital. As most of you know by now, what I thought was a hernia all this time and planned to finally see a doctor to take care of once I got the boys situated in school this fall turned out instead to be a large "mass" in my pelvis. It's a fibroid, ovarian. About the size of a cantaloupe. We assume it's on the right ovary since that's where the pain originated and has been isolated up until the past couple of weeks but from what I understand, it's so large that it's blocking both ovaries on the films from the CT scan so he can't 100% guarantee the location. He doesn't think it's malignant but won't know for sure until he gets in there.

The plan is to remove the fibroid and leave everything else if possible. Of course, if there's any cancer they'll remove whatever is necessary. If the mass has infiltrated (my word, not theirs...I don't know the medical terminology here!) either ovary or the uterus, any or all may have to be removed. We're hoping that doesn't happen though. There's an off chance that there's some involvement of the bladder and/or bowel but that's not likely or we would have seen symptoms of that by now. Likewise with the uterus and ovaries. Since I've remained relatively symptom-free, the odds are that this is simply a very large but still encapsulated fibroid that can be removed without having to take anything else.

Due to it's size though, I will have to be cut from stem to stern to remove it, meaning 3-4 days in the hospital and a recovery of several weeks. Not what I had on my agenda for this month. With both boys only a few days into the school year, Jon at a brand new school and Jake with a brand new teacher, I'm so worried about not being here to manage the day-to-day stuff...even for a few days. Joe is just clueless about all of the minutia and details that moms seem to manage without even thinking about, ya know? Jake doesn't handle change in routine well anyway.

Needless to say, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Joe and my mom both have vacation time that they'll be using and my sister will also be helping out so we should be able to manage things with minimal disruption to the boys' routines though! I would appreciate prayers, positive thoughts, small animal or virgin sacrifices, whatever works for you. Thanks and we'll keep you posted!

Love,

Judy (mom to , age 12, NT, and Jake, age 10.5, ASD)

Guest guest

I just prayed for you...Please keep us posted! God love you...

e

From: J Acciarito <jacyone@...>autism Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 8:32:35 PMSubject: Update

We saw the second surgeon yesterday (the gyn oncologist) and surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday the 15th at 12:30 at St. 's Hospital. As most of you know by now, what I thought was a hernia all this time and planned to finally see a doctor to take care of once I got the boys situated in school this fall turned out instead to be a large "mass" in my pelvis. It's a fibroid, ovarian. About the size of a cantaloupe. We assume it's on the right ovary since that's where the pain originated and has been isolated up until the past couple of weeks but from what I understand, it's so large that it's blocking both ovaries on the films from the CT scan so he can't 100% guarantee the location. He doesn't think it's malignant but won't know for sure until he gets in there.

The plan is to remove the fibroid and leave everything else if possible. Of course, if there's any cancer they'll remove whatever is necessary. If the mass has infiltrated (my word, not theirs...I don't know the medical terminology here!) either ovary or the uterus, any or all may have to be removed. We're hoping that doesn't happen though. There's an off chance that there's some involvement of the bladder and/or bowel but that's not likely or we would have seen symptoms of that by now. Likewise with the uterus and ovaries. Since I've remained relatively symptom-free, the odds are that this is simply a very large but still encapsulated fibroid that can be removed without having to take anything else.

Due to it's size though, I will have to be cut from stem to stern to remove it, meaning 3-4 days in the hospital and a recovery of several weeks. Not what I had on my agenda for this month. With both boys only a few days into the school year, Jon at a brand new school and Jake with a brand new teacher, I'm so worried about not being here to manage the day-to-day stuff...even for a few days. Joe is just clueless about all of the minutia and details that moms seem to manage without even thinking about, ya know? Jake doesn't handle change in routine well anyway.

Needless to say, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Joe and my mom both have vacation time that they'll be using and my sister will also be helping out so we should be able to manage things with minimal disruption to the boys' routines though! I would appreciate prayers, positive thoughts, small animal or virgin sacrifices, whatever works for you. Thanks and we'll keep you posted!

Love,

Guest guest

Judy,

You continue to be on my heart and in my prayers. Please keep us updated. I've missed reading your wonderful posts and just wanted to let you know you I will be praying for you everyday and I will say a special prayer for you and your Dr.s on the 15th during your surgery. Love, Kellie

From: J Acciarito <jacyone@...>autism Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 8:32:35 PMSubject: Update

Love,

Guest guest

Judy,

I will definitely say a prayer for you first that the surgery will be minimum. Second for your family during the surgery and recooperation. I totally understand the routine thing and it is awesome that the rest of your family is willing and able to help with the boys. Let us know how you are doing after the surgery...hope they have the internet in the hospital.... : ) joking ..they probably only have dial up anyway...lol *hugs*

Update

Love,

Guest guest

Thank you everyone for the good wishes and prayers! It's comforting to know that there are people out there sending positive thoughts my way!

, I'm hoping they have wi-fi but if not, hubby is a telecom engineer and can get me online via dialup too. I'll be online in a day or two either way, count on it! ;o)

Love,

Judy

Update

Love,

Guest guest

Judy: You are very lucky to have people willing to help you. Don't worry about your kids they will be well taken care of. I know easier said than done.

Oh and by the way you can get online at the hospital. A co-worker called me from ICU after having a heart attack he had his laptop set up and he had his cell phone with him too. lol

I will be praying for you and your family. Take advantage of the extra help you will be getting and take care of yourself.

Gwen

autism From: jacyone@...Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:35:15 -0400Subject: Re: Update

Thank you everyone for the good wishes and prayers! It's comforting to know that there are people out there sending positive thoughts my way!

, I'm hoping they have wi-fi but if not, hubby is a telecom engineer and can get me online via dialup too. I'll be online in a day or two either way, count on it! ;o)

Love,

Judy

Update

Love,

Guest guest

Hi ...have you heard/considered using " structured water " . The frequency is very

high and healthy and unhealthy mod etc can not match the vibration and can't

adhere to anything containing structured water...Dee :)

Update

Well ive attempted over 30 batches of komucha and so far all of them have

ended up with mold. After trying several Thai brand vinegars and having no luck

i gave in and went the only imported distilled vinegar, heinz vinegar. Using

this things looked brighter with a thin white layer growing on the top of new

batches. I have one batch thats 10 days old but it looks as though its about

ready to develop mold. Click on my profile to see the picture. Right now i have

10 batches going. I check them daily and as soon as i spot mold in one i throw

it out and start a new one. Im trying different combinations with different

proportions using these ingredients: black tea, green tea, white sugar, brown

sugar, and vinegars. Mold develops faster when using brown sugar so im ready to

stop using it. I heard if green tea is used then brown sugar must be used with

it or else it will take a long time to ferment, so im ready to give up on green

tea. Whenever i make a batch without vinegar using

Leif

Guest guest

Hmm. I would like to knaow more.. Jahjet

kombucha tea

Sent: Wed, November 4, 2009 6:17:18 PM

Subject: Re: Update

Hi ...have you heard/considered using " structured water " . The frequency is very

Update

Well ive attempted over 30 batches of komucha and so far all of them have ended

up with mold. After trying several Thai brand vinegars and having no luck i gave

in and went the only imported distilled vinegar, heinz vinegar. Using this

things looked brighter with a thin white layer growing on the top of new

tea. Whenever i make a batch

without vinegar using

Leif

Guest guest

Sorry for late night spelling, I ment if you could tell more, about the water??

Peace  Jahjet

kombucha tea

Sent: Wed, November 4, 2009 10:31:22 PM

Hmm. I would like to knaow more.. Jahjet

____________ _________ _________ __

kombucha tea

Sent: Wed, November 4, 2009 6:17:18 PM

Update

Well ive attempted over 30 batches of komucha and so far all of them have ended

up with mold. After trying several Thai brand vinegars and having no luck i gave

in and went the only imported distilled vinegar, heinz vinegar. Using this

things looked brighter with a thin white layer growing on the top of new

tea. Whenever i make a batch

without vinegar using

Leif

Guest guest

Hi Leif,

I sincerely doubt that your culture has had the mold!

Have you looked carefully at the discoloured bits and established

whether they are fuzzy?

The natural oogly phenomenon is very often confused with mold attack.

Ooglies are bits of tea and yeast strands dangling from or interlayered

with the Kombucha culture, often even floating about in the jar itself.

If you are not used to them, they strike you as YUK and gross, when they

are actually a completely normal and even welcome phenomenon of the

brewing process! My oogliest brews tend to be the nicest tasting ones.

As Kombucha brewer it is important to lay aside the constraints of our

over-hygienicised culture and enter a world in which oogliness is

goodliness.

http://www.therpc.f9.co.uk/family/scobygrow/home.html

I saw the picture of your brew, and it looks lovely and perfectly normal.

The best acidic starter liquid to use with every new batch is just

acidic Kombucha tea, which you will get after leaving your brew very long,

when most of the sugars have been digested. (see Scoby hotel)

I have been a successful brewer for almost 30 years, use normal filtered

or boiled tap water, which is good enough to drink even straight from the

tap. Ordinary white sugar (sucrose) has always served the Kombucha culture

well as food. They digest it and produce great Kombucha Tea.

Reading your account, I sense a lot of fear and paranoia, which is a shame,

because brewing Kombucha ought to be relaxing and fun. The Kombucha

works best with less interference - it is a sturdy beast which can look after

itself very well and IS NOT FUSSY!

Wishing you all the best, especially a happy Kombucha-future,

Margret, unfussy brewer from the UK ;-)

In message <hct0n4+g9vueGroups> you wrote:

> Well ive attempted over 30 batches of komucha and so far all of them

> have ended up with mold............................................

--

+------------------ Minstrel@... --------------------+

http://www.newlifederby.org.uk

http://bavarianminstrel.wordpress.com

creation.com

<:))))<>< To learn, READ. To know, WRITE. To master, TEACH.

Guest guest

Hi Margret and Leif,

I agree with Margret.  When I restarted making KT I used loose tea and I kept

getting little bits in my KT.  That would not have been a problem except I

thought I had some kind of contamination and I threw out some very good KT

because I was concerned unnecessarily.

Most if not all of my scoby have bits of tea stuck in them.  That is not a

problem.  I don't strain my tea.  I drink whatever is in it.  I plan to have

KT for the rest of my life.  It's truly amazing health food and tastes terrific

too.

ann 

> Well ive attempted over 30 batches of komucha and so far all of them

> have ended up with mold........ ......... ......... ......... .........

--

+----------- ------- Minstreltherpc (DOT) f9.co.uk ------------ --------+

http://www.newlifed erby.org. uk

http://bavarianmins trel.wordpress. com

creation.com

<:))))<>< To learn, READ. To know, WRITE. To master, TEACH.

Guest guest

Hi Leif,

More than likely, you're simply seeing a new kombucha SCOBY forming. Rather than

throwing the batch out immediately, leave it alone. If it really is mold, it

will be incredibly obvious in a few more days.

Try to wait a week before checking, looking at it daily is not a good idea.

>

> Well ive attempted over 30 batches of komucha and so far all of them have

ended up with mold.

>Right now i have 10 batches going. I check them daily and as soon as i spot

mold in one i throw it out and start a new one.

Guest guest

Hi, Margret. I could not see the photo on Leif's profile for

some reason, but am glad you are reassuring him. I almost always

encourage folks to determine whether the spots have fuzz, and thus

might truly be mold, rather than " weird " looking spots that

Westerners interpret as being mold.

HOWEVER...

Remember that Leif lives in Thailand, and I'm betting the weather

is quite muggy there, so could be a great place for mold to live.

Also, I wonder whether he has access to kombucha to use as starter?

(either commercially produced, or locally made)

Note to Leif: Have you checked the Kombucha Exchange Worldwide for

a SCOBY in your area?

http://www.kombu.de/suche2.htm#uk

I did not see Thailand on the list, but if you do any traveling,

you might be able to make contact with someone who has a SCOBY.

If you get a SCOBY and some mature kombucha to use as starter,

that can make a *huge* difference in your ability to ferment

without mold, and you don't have to resort to using vinegear.

Best of luck,

Vicki in Orlando

where the weather *finally* is not hot and muggy!

>

> > Well ive attempted over 30 batches of komucha and so far all of them

> > have ended up with mold............................................

> --

> +------------------ Minstrel@... --------------------+

> http://www.newlifederby.org.uk

> http://bavarianminstrel.wordpress.com

> creation.com

> <:))))<>< To learn, READ. To know, WRITE. To master, TEACH.

>

Guest guest

Its definitely mold. The liquid smells bad and tastes horribly when sampling.

I have no starter available (kombucha or SCOBY) so im starting from scratch. The

humidity is fairly high here although it may go down now that the rainy season

is over. The temperature is always above 80 degrees my room where i make

kombucha.

Leif

> >

> > > Well ive attempted over 30 batches of komucha and so far all of them

> > > have ended up with mold............................................

> > --

> > +------------------ Minstrel@ --------------------+

> > http://www.newlifederby.org.uk

> > http://bavarianminstrel.wordpress.com

> > creation.com

> > <:))))<>< To learn, READ. To know, WRITE. To master, TEACH.

> >

>