RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Larry!

I'm so proud of you!!! you are making lemonaide!!!!!

keep it up. When you are happy and settled, you never know what will happen

next!!!!

Also, I wanted to thank you again for the nudge in the right direction with

my hubby.

hugs,

Jo

In a message dated 11/6/2008 7:43:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

stillsman00@... writes:

she said that she thinks I may work out well as a volunteer in the

Horsenpitals Wellness Center (Rehab).....she said that she thinks I may work

out well

as a volunteer in the Horsenpitals Wellness Center (Rehab).....<WBR>.manshe

Well, that's pretty much it for now.....thank you ALL again

**************AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other

Holiday needs. Search Now.

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212792382x1200798498/aol?redir=http://\

searchblog.aol.com/2008/11/04/happy-holidays-from

-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)

Guest guest

are there any things that Dr. Licameli gave you that you can share with this

group?

Regards,

Nick Handrinos

Guest guest

His assistant e-mailed me a copy of his article, which is also on this

sight under files. It was published in February 2008. If I get

anything else, I'll let you know.

Janine Liegey

Guest guest

Dear Kitty,

Thank you for letting us know your updates. It would be so wonderful if they

could help your hand but the most important part is that they were able to

get you in to an RD sooner and hopefully on some medication regime to put

this nasty dragon at bay so it will quit the damage. I'm sorry the drive is

so grueling though. I know how long it can be because mine is so long as

well but your roads are much worse in winter and please just be careful when

on them. Hope to see you in chat and thank you for the work you do for us

and the lifeline of support. I know you've saved me more than a couple of

times and encourage anyone needing the best person to talk to, to call you.

Lots of love,

_____

Cat Triller

Subject: Update

, and she MIGHT be able to do something with my right hand am still working

with CMHA ( Canadian Mental Health Assoc) I visit the psych ward in the

hospital and residences too. I facilitate a Chronic pain/illness support

group that meets every second monday.So, if there's ANYONE who needs to just

talk, send me your phone number, and I'll be more than happy to call you.

Sometimes it helps just to have someone to whom you can speak without the

closeness of family members, who may not realize they are not understanding

you!

call and leave your number and I'll call you back SAP.

Smiles and regards

CAT

Click to consolidate your debt in minutes, stop late or over-limit fees, pay

less.

http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/PnY6rx9KZbMRRl3nRecdEEjA5l01UCoFP\

TMaYKmlHpCvelGLItlsq/

Guest guest

hi all

I am perhaps 'bettering' after a long 18 mos of less energy/cognitive/emotional I assume due primarily to MS Dx -- the rest of list seem to be holding ok

which is good (that I am better) as must downsize

which is NO FUN

ah well, needs to be done!

and have gotten help, unexpected, from several

a definite blessing

AND it has stayed unusually cool, as I require

another real blessing!

Jean

Guest guest

I'm new here so, really can't say a great deal yet, I hope that your

able to find some serenity in your life overall..

Adam

" Lex Luthor: You know that darkness you talked about ? I think it's in

everyone and people like my father just know how to bring it out. "

Guest guest

I feel for ya, Jen. I sure hope the shots give you some relief.  You're smart to keep swimming and doing that water exercise. That's excellent exercise.I can't take naproxen either. I took it for a short time almost 30 years ago, and it did a number on my stomach too.

Hang in there!On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:12 PM, from Michigan <volleyjen0416@...> wrote:

I went back to the podiatrist because my foot was still swollen and he gave me two more shots along the joint on top of my foot.  It's still swollen (only went down a little) and still hurts a lot.  I haven't tried to wear shoes yet because it's too sore right now.

The naproxen my Dr. prescribed to reduce the swelling caused bleeding in my stomach and/or intestines so he told me to stop using it and to get Prilosec to reduce the acid in my stomach so that it can heal.  WELL, I still have bleeding but now my stomach hurts from the prilosec and after I eat it gets upset.  GEEZ what else can go wrong!?

I'm getting really mad and frustrated because I wanted to start walking again but I can't yet.  The only good news is that at least I can go swimming and

water exercise.FRUSTRATED,                                     Jen

Guest guest

Hi Jen,

I'm so sorry to hear about your foot - being injured sucks! Bad news about the meds, too. My MIL took that and it messed up her stomach, too. Hopefully you wont have to be on the acid-reducer for too long - DH has reflux on and off, and usually a week or two of the acid reducer heals everything up.

Well, on the bright side, if it had to happen it at least happened at a time when you could swim and do water exercise at your pool!

Hope it heals fast!Donna

From: from Michigan <volleyjen0416@...>Subject: update"BeWellandFit--Group" <BeWellandFit >, "Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together" <Biggest-Losers-Losing-Weight-Together >, "Exercise-Accountability" <exercise_accountability >, "Exercise-Videos" < >, "FightingFatFeelingFit--Group" <Fighting-Fat-Feeling-Fit >, "Get-Fit-Stay-Fit--Group" <GetFitStayFitTheChallenge >, "GetHealthyFollowBobGreenesTIPS" <GetHealthyFollowBobGreenesTIPS >, "On-the-Lighter-Side-Group" <On_the_Lighter_Side >, selfchallenge02 , "The 20 60 Challenge group on " <The2060Challenge >,

TotalBodyMakeoverYourWay , volleyjenwlc2004@..., WalkingForExerciseAndWeightLoss , wlcmichigan Date: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 12:12 AM

I went back to the podiatrist because my foot was still swollen and he gave me two more shots along the joint on top of my foot. It's still swollen (only went down a little) and still hurts a lot. I haven't tried to wear shoes yet because it's too sore right now. The naproxen my Dr. prescribed to reduce the swelling caused bleeding in my stomach and/or intestines so he told me to stop using it and to get Prilosec to reduce the acid in my stomach so that it can heal. WELL, I still have bleeding but now my stomach hurts from the prilosec and after I eat it gets upset. GEEZ what else can go wrong!? I'm getting really mad and frustrated because I wanted to start walking again but I can't yet. The only good news is that at least I can go swimming and water

exercise.FRUSTRATED, Jen

Guest guest

Thanks . My foot still hurts but I'm wearing shoes to try and get it used to it again. The shots helped some but not enough...oh well, I will just have to live with it.

I think I took Naproxen before but it didn't bother me so maybe it was a higher dose or it bothers my stomach now...whatever the reason I'm not taking any more aspirin-based meds again when they bother my stomach that much.

Today I'm cleaning my computer room so that will be my exercise!

Run dust bunnies RUN!

Jen

I went back to the podiatrist because my foot was still swollen and he gave me two more shots along the joint on top of my foot. It's still swollen (only went down a little) and still hurts a lot. I haven't tried to wear shoes yet because it's too sore right now. The naproxen my Dr. prescribed to reduce the swelling caused bleeding in my stomach and/or intestines so he told me to stop using it and to get Prilosec to reduce the acid in my stomach so that it can heal. WELL, I still have bleeding but now my stomach hurts from the prilosec and after I eat it gets upset. GEEZ what else can go wrong!? I'm getting really mad and frustrated because I wanted to start walking again but I can't yet. The only good news is that at least I can go swimming and

water exercise.FRUSTRATED, Jen

Guest guest

Thanks Donna!

I'm trying to look on the bright side.

Jen

From: from Michigan <volleyjen0416>Subject: update"BeWellandFit- -Group" <BeWellandFit>, "Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together" <Biggest-Losers- Losing-Weight- Together>, "Exercise-Accountab ility" <exercise_accountabi lity@groups .com>, "Exercise-Videos" <>, "FightingFatFeeling Fit-- Group" <Fighting-Fat- Feeling-Fit>, "Get-Fit-Stay- Fit-- Group" <GetFitStayFitTheCha llenge@grou ps.com>, "GetHealthyFollowBo bGreenesTIPS" <GetHealthyFollowBob GreenesTIPS>, "On-the-Lighter- Side-Group" <On_the_Lighter_ Side@groups .com>, selfchallenge02, "The 20 60 Challenge group on " <The2060Challenge>,

TotalBodyMakeoverYo urWay@group s.com, volleyjenwlc2004, WalkingForExerciseA ndWeightLoss, wlcmichiganDate: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 12:12 AM

I went back to the podiatrist because my foot was still swollen and he gave me two more shots along the joint on top of my foot. It's still swollen (only went down a little) and still hurts a lot. I haven't tried to wear shoes yet because it's too sore right now. The naproxen my Dr. prescribed to reduce the swelling caused bleeding in my stomach and/or intestines so he told me to stop using it and to get Prilosec to reduce the acid in my stomach so that it can heal. WELL, I still have bleeding but now my stomach hurts from the prilosec and after I eat it gets upset. GEEZ what else can go wrong!? I'm getting really mad and frustrated because I wanted to start walking again but I can't yet. The only good news is that at least I can go swimming and water

exercise.FRUSTRATED, Jen

Guest guest

I hate naproxen soooooooo much. Icky, seriously bad icky. Just thinking about it makes my stomach hurt... ugh, hate that stuff.

I had to have some cortisone shots in my foot when I was training for the 3-Day... ahhhhh... it took a few rounds of shots but what blessed relief when it finally took. I hope whatever you're getting helps fast, Jen! good luck with all this nonsense!

Re: update

I feel for ya, Jen. I sure hope the shots give you some relief. You're smart to keep swimming and doing that water exercise. That's excellent exercise.I can't take naproxen either. I took it for a short time almost 30 years ago, and it did a number on my stomach too. Hang in there!

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:12 PM, from Michigan <volleyjen0416 > wrote:

I went back to the podiatrist because my foot was still swollen and he gave me two more shots along the joint on top of my foot. It's still swollen (only went down a little) and still hurts a lot. I haven't tried to wear shoes yet because it's too sore right now. The naproxen my Dr. prescribed to reduce the swelling caused bleeding in my stomach and/or intestines so he told me to stop using it and to get Prilosec to reduce the acid in my stomach so that it can heal. WELL, I still have bleeding but now my stomach hurts from the prilosec and after I eat it gets upset. GEEZ what else can go wrong!? I'm getting really mad and frustrated because I wanted to start walking again but I can't yet. The only good news is that at least I can go swimming and water exercise.FRUSTRATED, Jen

Guest guest

Hugs! Sorry to hear you’re having these problems Jen. Enjoy

the pool and heal quickly! Like my telling you to heal will help it, LOL.

What exactly do they think is wrong with your foot?

Tonya

[mailto: ] On

Behalf Of from Michigan

Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:12 AM

BeWellandFit--Group; Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together;

Exercise-Accountability; Exercise-Videos; FightingFatFeelingFit--Group;

Get-Fit-Stay-Fit--Group; GetHealthyFollowBobGreenesTIPS;

On-the-Lighter-Side-Group; selfchallenge02 ; The 20 60

Challenge group on ; TotalBodyMakeoverYourWay ;

volleyjenwlc2004@...; WalkingForExerciseAndWeightLoss ;

wlcmichigan

Subject: update

I went back to the podiatrist because

my foot was still swollen and he gave me two more shots along the joint on

top of my foot. It's still swollen (only went down a little) and still

hurts a lot. I haven't tried to wear shoes yet because it's too sore

right now.

The naproxen my Dr. prescribed to reduce the swelling

caused bleeding in my stomach and/or intestines so he told me to stop using

it and to get Prilosec to reduce the acid in my stomach so that it can

heal. WELL, I still have bleeding but now my stomach hurts from the

prilosec and after I eat it gets upset. GEEZ what else can go wrong!?

I'm getting really mad and frustrated because I wanted to

start walking again but I can't yet. The only good news is that at

least I can go swimming and water exercise.

FRUSTRATED,

Jen

Checked by

AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.375 / Virus Database: 270.13.6/2221 - Release Date: 07/10/09

17:57:00

Guest guest

I have a bunion on both of my feet and when they grow they hurt like heck! My foot where the bunion is and under my toes (on the top of my foot) is swollen and hurts. I got two shots of cortisone like medicine which usually helps but hasn't that much this time and it's still a little swollen. And now I have to heal up my stomach from the meds my Dr. had me take.WAH! I want new feet!!! JenFrom: Tonya - <tonya@...>Subject: RE:

update Date: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 9:53 PM

Hugs! Sorry to hear you’re having these problems Jen. Enjoy

the pool and heal quickly! Like my telling you to heal will help it, LOL.

What exactly do they think is wrong with your foot? Tonya

[mailto:exercisevid eosgroups (DOT) com] On

Behalf Of from Michigan

Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:12 AM

BeWellandFit- -Group; Biggest Losers - Losing Weight Together;

Exercise-Accountabi lity; Exercise-Videos; FightingFatFeelingF it-- Group;

Get-Fit-Stay- Fit-- Group; GetHealthyFollowBob GreenesTIPS;

On-the-Lighter- Side-Group; selfchallenge02; The 20 60

Challenge group on ; TotalBodyMakeoverYo urWay@group s.com;

volleyjenwlc2004; WalkingForExerciseA ndWeightLoss;

wlcmichigan

Subject: update

I went back to the podiatrist because

my foot was still swollen and he gave me two more shots along the joint on

top of my foot. It's still swollen (only went down a little) and still

hurts a lot. I haven't tried to wear shoes yet because it's too sore

right now.

The naproxen my Dr. prescribed to reduce the swelling

caused bleeding in my stomach and/or intestines so he told me to stop using

it and to get Prilosec to reduce the acid in my stomach so that it can

heal. WELL, I still have bleeding but now my stomach hurts from the

prilosec and after I eat it gets upset. GEEZ what else can go wrong!?

I'm getting really mad and frustrated because I wanted to

start walking again but I can't yet. The only good news is that at

least I can go swimming and water exercise.

FRUSTRATED,

Jen

Checked by

AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.375 / Virus Database: 270.13.6/2221 - Release Date: 07/10/09

17:57:00

Guest guest

Thanks , I don't want any more Naproxen or medicine like that, it's no fun having my stomach bleeding and it hurting/feeling upset! I hope that if my Dr. gives me another shot it will work better this time. I see him on July 16th. Jen

I went back to the podiatrist because my foot was still swollen and he gave me two more shots along the joint on top of my foot. It's still swollen (only went down a little) and still hurts a lot. I haven't tried to wear shoes yet because it's too sore right now. The naproxen my Dr. prescribed to reduce the swelling caused bleeding in my stomach and/or intestines so he told me to stop using it and to get Prilosec to reduce the acid in my stomach so that it can heal. WELL, I still have bleeding but now my stomach hurts from the prilosec and after I eat it gets upset. GEEZ what else can go wrong!? I'm getting really mad and frustrated because I wanted to start walking again but I can't yet. The only good news is that at least I can go swimming and water exercise.FRUSTRATED, Jen

Guest guest

One thing I thought about with the Naproxen is that I needed to eat a ton of food before I took it or I'd be really sick. I could never eat as much food as I needed to get past the feeling awful threshold either, not without stuffing myself and making myself nearly sick that way. ick, yuck, ick. That was 20 years ago I was on that darn med probably for about a year. Ugh.

Thanks . My foot still hurts but I'm wearing shoes to try and get it used to it again. The shots helped some but not enough...oh well, I will just have to live with it.

I think I took Naproxen before but it didn't bother me so maybe it was a higher dose or it bothers my stomach now...whatever the reason I'm not taking any more aspirin-based meds again when they bother my stomach that much.

Today I'm cleaning my computer room so that will be my exercise!

Run dust bunnies RUN!

Jen

Guest guest

Hi , I was on it for about a week when I noticed some blood in the toilet and since I don't have periods any more I figured it was from the medicine!' It's strange, I ate it with lunch and dinner and it never upset or hurt my stomach then it all of a sudden caused bleeding, WEIRD! My stomach isn't bleeding any more (that I can see) but will finish the 14 days of Prilosec, just to be sure my stomach has healed. I think my podiatrist may give me another shot since my poor foot STILL hurts and is swollen.... Oh well, I still lost weight this week!!YIPPEE! Jen

Guest guest

Wow, that would be really scary! Good thing you were able to pinpoint the medicine quickly. I hope the Prilosec does the job. I hated getting the shots for my foot but I loved how much better I felt when the shots finally worked. I hope this is it for you! Congrats on the weight loss!

Hi , I was on it for about a week when I noticed some blood in the toilet and since I don't have periods any more I figured it was from the medicine!' It's strange, I ate it with lunch and dinner and it never upset or hurt my stomach then it all of a sudden caused bleeding, WEIRD! My stomach isn't bleeding any more (that I can see) but will finish the 14 days of Prilosec, just to be sure my stomach has healed. I think my podiatrist may give me another shot since my poor foot STILL hurts and is swollen.... Oh well, I still lost weight this week!!YIPPEE! Jen

Guest guest

Thanks . I was surprised that I lost 4 lbs though.... but I'll take it Jen

Guest guest

Trish-

That sounds so fun, getting all the new little gadgets and things! Good for you for even braving a walk in that heat. Hope your later one was way more comfortable. Have fun with all your new stuff!!!!

Guest guest

Trish-

That sounds so fun, getting all the new little gadgets and things! Good for you for even braving a walk in that heat. Hope your later one was way more comfortable. Have fun with all your new stuff!!!!

Guest guest

Trish-

Guest guest

when it's hot i can only go about 15 min or i risk heat stroke. i have a history of heat strokes and i hate the hospital so i take water and never go longer then 15. once the sun is down and it's cooled off i'm good to go! i love to walk so i brave it. OOH i got these stainless steele reuseable eco friend water bottle things on sale at CVS 2\10$ and they are awesome they keep my water cold for the whole 1hr long walk so that's a big thumbs up from me!

Trisha

From: "snowlily1960@..." <snowlily1960@...> Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 3:22:28 PMSubject: Re: update

Trish-

Guest guest

when it's hot i can only go about 15 min or i risk heat stroke. i have a history of heat strokes and i hate the hospital so i take water and never go longer then 15. once the sun is down and it's cooled off i'm good to go! i love to walk so i brave it. OOH i got these stainless steele reuseable eco friend water bottle things on sale at CVS 2\10$ and they are awesome they keep my water cold for the whole 1hr long walk so that's a big thumbs up from me!

Trisha

From: "snowlily1960@..." <snowlily1960@...> Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 3:22:28 PMSubject: Re: update

Trish-

Guest guest

Trisha

Trish-

Guest guest

Sorry you are prone to heat stroke. That sounds scary. It sounds like you have found an effective way to work around it.

I have a stainless water bottle too and love it. It DOES keep the water cooler longer:-)