RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Jenn,

I've been staying in the background a lot lately, but your letters have really moved me. It is so hard to deal with this disease and all of the stress at the same time...and you are really getting it from all directions. I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this and I hope you will find your way through it all clearly. Please reach out to us for any help, support, to vent, etc. as you have been doing.

Hang tight and remember you will be okay in the end...though it may be a difficult path. Lots of love,

Guest guest

Oh I am so sorry to hear of your pain. I do understand the feeling

of wanting everything to stop. Maybe if you can you could take a couple day

break. When you are so very sick everything makes it worse, like these huge

life situations and it becomes a circle of life verses illness. A big hug

for you dear, try to make everyone leave you alone for a bit so that you may

find some peace. Much love, Melt

----- Original Message -----

> HOWEVER, my wedding is more then likely going to be postponed or off,

> as my fiance' doesn't think that we can get married in my current

> condition,

Guest guest

Just think of the increase as only temporary , and that the darned

steroids do help to keep the dragon under control. Sorry to hear you have

to increase, but it will only be temporary. Feeling better is worth it..take

care now. Thanks for letting us know. :o)

~~tricia~~

Wisconsin

***************************************************************************************

-- update

Talked with rhumy just little while ago he want me book appointment for april or may.In meantime he wants me to increase my prednisone to 15mgs damn i was down to 5 and doin so good at 6 lol.I dont care tho cause last nite was terrible my fever hit 39celcius and 1 those headaches from hell and acually drenching sweat which was quite enjoyable lol cooled me right off.Today has been ok just hope Dragon doesnt decide to come around tonite he seems to like the dark.Take care hopin every1 a good day. d.Canada

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Guest guest

Just think of the increase as only temporary , and that the darned

steroids do help to keep the dragon under control. Sorry to hear you have

to increase, but it will only be temporary. Feeling better is worth it..take

care now. Thanks for letting us know. :o)

~~tricia~~

Wisconsin

***************************************************************************************

-- update

Talked with rhumy just little while ago he want me book appointment for april or may.In meantime he wants me to increase my prednisone to 15mgs damn i was down to 5 and doin so good at 6 lol.I dont care tho cause last nite was terrible my fever hit 39celcius and 1 those headaches from hell and acually drenching sweat which was quite enjoyable lol cooled me right off.Today has been ok just hope Dragon doesnt decide to come around tonite he seems to like the dark.Take care hopin every1 a good day. d.Canada

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Guest guest

, I am soooo sorry:(. I can't believe your doc didn't want to see you ASAP.! I hope the pred. works soon. Take it real easy and feel better soon-keep us posted please!

update

Guest guest

Hi , so sorry you are not up to par...I wish your rhemi would

see instead of you having to wait..try to rest and I hope your H/A

goes away ..they are the worst, maybe once your fever goes down so

will your H/A go away

my prayers are with you,

Love Pat from MA

> Talked with rhumy just little while ago he want me book

appointment for april or may.

terrible my fever hit 39celcius and 1 those headaches from hell and

acually drenching sweat

Guest guest

ya i kinda thought same way but days been goin pretty good havent had take any of the codein today.His secretary was real snippty called early in morn and was late afternoon so thought id call back see well she said have u seen ur family doc like real snippty im sorry but my family doctor knows nothin about STILLS and doent pretend too either but is very freindy doctor.Didnt feel like arguing with her soo i said i did go to ER and again this doctor doesnt know STILLS but at least he knows quite a bit about Auto immune diseases.Take care and thnx again nice to come here vent lol feels good. d.Canada

update

Guest guest

Thnx pat ive only had mild headache today and also mild fever so hopefully the pred increase is helping.Funny thing was feeling ok last nite and we have bowling playoffs,so being fool decided i was goin.Well halfway through first game the headache and dizziness came full force so told teamates i was goin home after 1rst game as we had already wrapped up first place,and damned if i didnt STRIKE OUT THE 10 frame lol.Take care wish ya the best. d.Canada

Re: update

Hi , so sorry you are not up to par...I wish your rhemi would see instead of you having to wait..try to rest and I hope your H/A goes away ..they are the worst, maybe once your fever goes down so will your H/A go awaymy prayers are with you,Love Pat from MA> Talked with rhumy just little while ago he want me book appointment for april or may.terrible my fever hit 39celcius and 1 those headaches from hell and acually drenching sweat

Guest guest

Hi there ,

You need a break from this dragon and I hope the increased prednisone

does just the trick. You sound so good natured, I am looking forward

to getting to know you better. I wish the doc's nurse had not been so

irritable toward you, I think many of them need refresher courses in

manners and compassion. I wonder if you feel comfortable enough to

speak to her or the doc about her attitude. We need every consideration

we can get to manage this dragon. You take extra care, Louise.

Docken wrote:

> ya i kinda thought same way but days been goin pretty good

> havent had take any of the codein today.His secretary was real snippty

> called early in morn and was late afternoon so thought id call back

> see well she said have u seen ur family doc like real snippty im sorry

> but my family doctor knows nothin about STILLS and doent pretend too

> either but is very freindy doctor.Didnt feel like arguing with her soo

> i said i did go to ER and again this doctor doesnt know STILLS but at

> least he knows quite a bit about Auto immune diseases.Take care and

> thnx again nice to come here vent lol feels good. d.Canada

Guest guest

I hate to hear about a receptionist treating people like that. If she

hates her job that much she should quit. I hope you feel OK, and don't let

Mr or Mrs 6 dollars an hour get you down. Fight the good fight.

kmg

>From: Darlingtons <darlington@...>

>Reply-Stillsdisease

>Stillsdisease

>Subject: Re: update

>Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:12:34 -0600

>

>Hi there ,

>You need a break from this dragon and I hope the increased prednisone

>does just the trick. You sound so good natured, I am looking forward

>to getting to know you better. I wish the doc's nurse had not been so

>irritable toward you, I think many of them need refresher courses in

>manners and compassion. I wonder if you feel comfortable enough to

>speak to her or the doc about her attitude. We need every consideration

>we can get to manage this dragon. You take extra care, Louise.

>

> Docken wrote:

>

> > ya i kinda thought same way but days been goin pretty good

> > havent had take any of the codein today.His secretary was real snippty

> > called early in morn and was late afternoon so thought id call back

> > see well she said have u seen ur family doc like real snippty im sorry

> > but my family doctor knows nothin about STILLS and doent pretend too

> > either but is very freindy doctor.Didnt feel like arguing with her soo

> > i said i did go to ER and again this doctor doesnt know STILLS but at

> > least he knows quite a bit about Auto immune diseases.Take care and

> > thnx again nice to come here vent lol feels good. d.Canada

>

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

Guest guest

yeah thought might just try one of your fighting moves on her lol maybe submissive hold or sumthing.Well all kidding aside she sounded like a darling this afternoon when i phoned to book my appointment,so maybe she had bad day or even it was me who knows.Hope your still kickin butt bro your comrades sure are take care,and oh i feel much better still little sweaty and sore but very barable considering how i was. d.Canada Re: update>Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:12:34 -0600>>Hi there ,>You need a break from this dragon and I hope the increased prednisone>does just the trick. You sound so good natured, I am looking forward>to getting to know you better. I wish the doc's nurse had not been so>irritable toward you, I think many of them need refresher courses in>manners and compassion. I wonder if you feel comfortable enough to>speak to her or the doc about her attitude. We need every consideration>we can get to manage this dragon. You take extra care, Louise.>> Docken wrote:>> > ya i kinda thought same way but days been goin pretty good> > havent had take any of the codein today.His secretary was real snippty> > called early in morn and was late afternoon so thought id call back> > see well she said have u seen ur family doc like real snippty im sorry> > but my family doctor knows nothin about STILLS and doent pretend too> > either but is very freindy doctor.Didnt feel like arguing with her soo> > i said i did go to ER and again this doctor doesnt know STILLS but at> > least he knows quite a bit about Auto immune diseases.Take care and> > thnx again nice to come here vent lol feels good. d.Canada>_________________________________________________________________The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

Guest guest

Louise i used to be one of those people who would be really into getting into aguements especially with superintendants on the jobsite,beleive me some of them are a little off there rockers ill tell ya.But now i try to avoid anything that i know will get my blood boiling,bout 2 weeks ago a pump operator lost his cool and was ranting at me cause of a safety issue i was concerned about.Well it really made him look and probally feel like a total fool when i just wouldnt even let him get to me lol,i know before i would have been the 1 to lose my cool.I now wonder what i musta looked like when i was like this not being able to take any criticism.Your definitly right tho i should at least mention the way she handled me on the phone to my rhumy and my concerns of being able to see him since hes supposed to be the so called expert on STILLS.The increased prednisone has done trick and im pretty much better now take care. d.Canada

Hi there ,You need a break from this dragon and I hope the increased prednisone does just the trick. You sound so good natured, I am looking forward to getting to know you better. I wish the doc's nurse had not been so irritable toward you, I think many of them need refresher courses in manners and compassion. I wonder if you feel comfortable enough to speak to her or the doc about her attitude. We need every consideration we can get to manage this dragon. You take extra care, Louise. Docken wrote:> ya i kinda thought same way but days been goin pretty good > havent had take any of the codein today.His secretary was real snippty > called early in morn and was late afternoon so thought id call back > see well she said have u seen ur family doc like real snippty im sorry > but my family doctor knows nothin about STILLS and doent pretend too > either but is very freindy doctor.Didnt feel like arguing with her soo > i said i did go to ER and again this doctor doesnt know STILLS but at > least he knows quite a bit about Auto immune diseases.Take care and > thnx again nice to come here vent lol feels good. d.Canada

Guest guest

Hi , So glad your feeling better. I'm sure you'll get another chance at decreasing the Pred. Take care and rest up!

PS I'd mention that 'charming' receptionist to your MD when I see him!

Hi there ,You need a break from this dragon and I hope the increased prednisone does just the trick. You sound so good natured, I am looking forward to getting to know you better. I wish the doc's nurse had not been so irritable toward you, I think many of them need refresher courses in manners and compassion. I wonder if you feel comfortable enough to speak to her or the doc about her attitude. We need every consideration we can get to manage this dragon. You take extra care, Louise. Docken wrote:> ya i kinda thought same way but days been goin pretty good > havent had take any of the codein today.His secretary was real snippty > called early in morn and was late afternoon so thought id call back > see well she said have u seen ur family doc like real snippty im sorry > but my family doctor knows nothin about STILLS and doent pretend too > either but is very freindy doctor.Didnt feel like arguing with her soo > i said i did go to ER and again this doctor doesnt know STILLS but at > least he knows quite a bit about Auto immune diseases.Take care and > thnx again nice to come here vent lol feels good. d.Canada

Guest guest

Yeah me too lol,his first goal he promised was reached i did get to 5mgs lol i might have flared and had to increase but i did get to 5 take care. d.Canada

Re: Update

> I like his goal !

Guest guest

Hi . My Rheumy told me to take the 1mg of Folic acid every day and it seems to help cut back on the side effects of the MXT. Just thought I would pass that on if you experience any. I notice that I get the mouth sores towards the next dosage time, he told me that I could increase if this happens until they are gone. Hope that helps. Good luck. Kelley in Colorado

Kelley Knight

1400 E Boulder St

Colo Spgs, CO 80909

719-365-1154

719-365-6834 fax

The mission of Memorial Hospital is to optimize the health and comfort of our patients, their families and the community we serve by providing the best and most sensitive professional care and service.

www.memorialhospital.com

The information contained in or attached to this electronic message is privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please inform the sender immediately and remove any record of this message.

Docken <nickelme@...>

Docken <nickelme@...>

04/23/2003 04:45 PM

Please respond to Stillsdisease

Stillsdisease

cc:

Subject: Update

Ok seen rhumy and i geuss when i went to ER at start of my flare on april 6 and had blood test done my ESR was up to 39.He has now put me on MTX 10mgs week and folic acid geuss this is to be taken twice weekly a few days after the MTX.Interesting to note he brought up Enbrel said its a very good drug problem being my Blue Cross wont cover it unless i fail 3 or more other drugs and presently the MTX wouldnt count cause it would havta be 20mgs a week apparently if i had RA instead of Stills i could get approved weird oh well cross that bridge when i get there lol.Made me feel really good too he said my goal is to put you in remission.Take care i bettter run promised nephews id take them swimmin. d.Canada PS oh yeah go for bone scan of the left hip on friday.

Guest guest

Hi Beth; so good to hear from you. I have a suggestion for your mom a gift.

A spa day might be enjoyed. I bought that for a dear friends birthday a

couple of years ago and she still says it is the best present ever received.

Just a thought. If you could use any help for articles in the Still's

newsletter as in how the give away's are going and donations please let me

know as I have the time to help. I hope your Dad waiting in between helps

him feel better and your friends have a resolution and happiness once their

situations are better. You must be one very good friend and a very special

person to help and be dedicated to so many. You know teachers are the

best!! in my book.

Hope your weekend is nice, melt

----- Original Message -----

<Stillsdisease >

> Hi Everyone,

>

> Things have been pretty hectic around me- from My Mom - my

> wonderul Mom that has helped with all of our illnesses ever since Dad

first

> got cancer 24 years ago is doing well, although I am trying to think of a

> special treat for her and all of her dedication to the family.

> I hope to have (on a constant basis) the Still's Newsletter up and running

> very very soon, >

> Beth

Guest guest

Beth,

I would love to volunter to assist with a newsletter! You can reach me at

cynthia@.... I was an English Communications major in College,

started my own high school newspaper {+ which is still going! yea kids!}

Have been rejected by some popular magazines { Alfred Hitchcock and Ellery

Queen included.} was entertainment reporter for the now defunct College

Monthly Magazine { it wasn't my fault!!!} and was a stringer for the

Blackstone Valley Weekly Tribune oh ya, and am basically , um..wordy.

Let me know what I can do!!

, G.otF.M.

MA

Guest guest

Hey Kelley,

I have lost significant strenght in both my arms due to this disease. This

was verified by a physical therepist. I had to get a special thing in my

kitchen to help me open bottles etc.

Lynn Renae Dudenhoefer

lynndude@...

-On any path that you may stroll,

-keep your angel in your soul!

-- Update

Hi all. I wanted to let everyone know that I got a computer at home this

weekend. Yeah... lol my new address at home is

Kelleyak32@.... Had a pretty bad weekend with pain. Still trying to

hang in there though. I feel that I am loosing a lot of strenght in my

right arm and shoulder. Has anyone else felt this? It felts kind of

tight, almost numb but it's not numb, does this make any sense. I had a

hard time drying my hair this morning. I wanted to be able to come to

work to see my emails from the group, sad huh, lol.. Kelley in Colorado

Kelley Knight

1400 E Boulder St

Colo Spgs, CO 80909

719-365-1154

719-365-6834 fax

The mission of Memorial Hospital is to optimize the health and comfort of

our patients, their families and the community we serve by providing the

best and most sensitive professional care and service.

www.memorialhospital.com

The information contained in or attached to this electronic message is

privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the

individual(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the

intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to

the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,

distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If

you have received this communication in error, please inform the sender

immediately and remove any record of this message.

Guest guest

Thank you Lynn. That helps me so much. I feel as though I am going to go

crazy. I get used to one thing hurting or not working right, then

something else starts acting up. This morning I was kind of at wits end,

lol. I had someone in my life who helped me while I was going through all

of this for the past few years, but he passed away 5 months ago. This

morning I guess with everything with my arm and shoulder it just made me

miss him that much more. I'm sorry I'm just rambling. Is there anything

to help with the strength or stop it from loosing more? Thanks for

listening. Kelley in colorado

Kelley Knight

1400 E Boulder St

Colo Spgs, CO 80909

719-365-1154

719-365-6834 fax

www.memorialhospital.com

" Lynn Dudenhoefer " <lynndude@...>

" Lynn Dudenhoefer " <lynndude@...>

04/29/2003 11:33 AM

Please respond to Stillsdisease

<Stillsdisease >

cc:

Subject: Re: Update

Hey Kelley,

I have lost significant strenght in both my arms due to this disease. This

was verified by a physical therepist. I had to get a special thing in my

kitchen to help me open bottles etc.

Lynn Renae Dudenhoefer

lynndude@...

-- Update

Kelley Knight

1400 E Boulder St

Colo Spgs, CO 80909

719-365-1154

719-365-6834 fax

www.memorialhospital.com

Guest guest

Thanks Lynn. I will give you a call tonight when I get home from work. My

number is also 719-391-0017 at home. I'll talk to you then. Thank you

again. Kelley in Colorado

Kelley Knight

1400 E Boulder St

Colo Spgs, CO 80909

719-365-1154

719-365-6834 fax

www.memorialhospital.com

Guest guest

I go to physical therapy and they can give you range of motion exercises to

do with thera bands or I also do these exercises in the pool. You just have

to be careful of heavy weights when it comes to the joints. At least that

is what they tell me. If you can have your doctor set you up with a

physical therapist they will evaluate you to see what you need. I had to

pay 20 bucks a visit so my therapist designed a program I can do on my own

at home or in the pool.

If you want to chat I am home outside of an apt later today. My number is

763-559-1032. I just ended a 5 year relationship and it has been very hard

for me to. Also, i have found that many people just can't deal with those

of us that are sick all the time. I lost my best friend of 20 yrs recently

too. I think she thought I was a hypochondriac.

Lynn Renae Dudenhoefer

lynndude@...

-- Update

Kelley Knight

1400 E Boulder St

Colo Spgs, CO 80909

719-365-1154

719-365-6834 fax

www.memorialhospital.com

Guest guest

Think i know what your talkin bout my shoulders have this too feels more

like muscle pain tightness than joint pain.My knees too feel weak sumtimes like

they are heavy or sumthin,and they also just dont seem to work rite really weird

least there not completly locking up like they were on me before.Take care.

d.Canada

Update

Kelley Knight

1400 E Boulder St

Colo Spgs, CO 80909

719-365-1154

719-365-6834 fax

www.memorialhospital.com

Guest guest

Dear Kelley; I used to have that pain and it was inflammation of the nerve

linings my doctor told me. What they told me many years ago was this is not

just a disease of the joints. Still's can affect linings of the nerves,

heart, lungs etc. and muscles can also become painful too.

Lynn is correct in that physical therapy can help a lot by keeping our

supportive tissues healthy and strong to support weekend joints and also

full range of motion to reduce the loss of motion in joints that are

affected. I was always told to make water my best friend.

I am sorry to hear of you loss of your partner and hope that thru the group

we can help support you during your times of pain and sadness.

We will be here and do all we can, I hope your day is brighter than the

weekend, Sending biggest hugs, Melt

Update

>

>

>

> Hi all. I wanted to let everyone know that I got a computer at home this

>

> weekend. Yeah... lol my new address at home is

>

> Kelleyak32@.... Had a pretty bad weekend with pain. Still trying to

>

>

> hang in there though. I feel that I am loosing a lot of strenght in my

>

> right arm and shoulder. Has anyone else felt this? It felts kind of

>

> tight, almost numb but it's not numb, does this make any sense. I had a

>

> hard time drying my hair this morning. I wanted to be able to come to

>

> work to see my emails from the group, sad huh, lol.. Kelley in Colorado

>

>

>

>

>

> Kelley Knight

>

> 1400 E Boulder St

>

> Colo Spgs, CO 80909

>

> 719-365-1154

>

> 719-365-6834 fax

>

>

>

> The mission of Memorial Hospital is to optimize the health and comfort of

>

> our patients, their families and the community we serve by providing the

>

> best and most sensitive professional care and service.

>

>

>

> www.memorialhospital.com

>

>

>

> The information contained in or attached to this electronic message is

>

> privileged and confidential, intended only for the use of the

>

> individual(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the

>

> intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to

>

> the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,

>

> distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If

>

> you have received this communication in error, please inform the sender

>

> immediately and remove any record of this message.

>

>

>

>

>

>