RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

you've been in my prayers, too, honey.Sheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: Hi All, I am so far behind, going to try to hit as much as I can in one post. First, thank you for your continued prayers for Josh, the young Marine who was shot in Iraq and lost his entire Platoon at that time. Josh is in the Naval Hospital in land now and by many prayers and miracles, still with us. His family and fiance are all there with him.. Please keep your prayers going, he still has a very, very long road.. Sharon, my heart about stopped when I read that they were going to deny your second month meds, I'm so happy to read now that you resolved that. My prayers are with your sister, how sad, I am sure praying for a good outcome..... Kerri, oh, MY, my prayers are with you, as well for a complete and speedy healing! Janet, Congratulations on your new job, that rocks! Lee, I have a Husky, as well! They are sure something else. Did you finally get to see the goats? I once had a baby goat named after me.. :) Mel and Lee, that is so weird on the different

colors and shapes of pills, I'm going to ask the "Be In Charge" nurse about that, it sure makes me wonder, as well.. I'm not sure what I'm in charge of, though, lol, have yet to start treatment..but I do try to keep up with everything.. Tim, Thanks for sharing "A Woman" with us all, that was so very touching.. anne, Thank you again for all of the special things you share to lighten things up.. :) Jax, I don't know how {we} grandparents live without warming blankets, they really help! le, Best of luck with your biopsy on Friday! , "Hi", I'm Sheena, and yes, indeed, I have found your posts to be quite fascinating reading.. I'm sure glad that you have

returned. I'm fairly new here, as of September.. My Rock..what a great bunch of folks.. Has anyone heard from ? I know she just started a new job in Arizona, I do hope all is going well for her.. You out there ? Sharon, , Jax, le, Nikki, Becky and all, no results on my biopsy, as yet, my GI hasn't even been in the office all last week or this. I have an appointment with him on February 6th. Generally, I will go and get a copy of my results, but have not been inclined to do so this time, especially since they were unable to biopsy the mass in my liver. They were able to get 2 nice chunks of my liver to biopsy and that will tell me where I'm at, otherwise.. The Radiologist wants to run another Cat Scan end of next month to determine if the

mass is still growing.. If it is, it needs to be removed, then biopsied.. That about covers it, I wish everyone well, you are all ever in my prayers.. Many Blessings, Sheena Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question on Answers.

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time with the Search movie showtime shortcut.

Guest guest

Thanks, Sharon, it's good to be back. At least I'm not waiting alone.. :) SheenaSHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: God be with you, SHeena. The waiting is hard, at least for me..... Good to see you back on line. Sharon

Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

Guest guest

Good to hear from you, Sheena. I have continued prayers for Josh and will keep

them

coming! What a strong young man he is.

Sounds like you have a little more waiting ahead of you. I'll be keeping you in

my prayers

as well.

A baby goat namesake! I love it! hugs to you, karen

>

> Hi All,

> I am so far behind, going to try to hit as much as I can in one post.

> First, thank you for your continued prayers for Josh, the young Marine

> who was shot in Iraq and lost his entire Platoon at that time.

> Josh is in the Naval Hospital in land now and by many prayers

> and miracles, still with us. His family and fiance are all there with him..

> Please keep your prayers going, he still has a very, very long road..

>

> Sharon, my heart about stopped when I read that they were going to

> deny your second month meds, I'm so happy to read now that you

> resolved that. My prayers are with your sister, how sad, I am sure

> praying for a good outcome.....

>

>

> Kerri, oh, MY, my prayers are with you, as well for a complete and

> speedy healing!

>

>

> Janet, Congratulations on your new job, that rocks!

>

>

> Lee, I have a Husky, as well! They are sure something else.

> Did you finally get to see the goats?

> I once had a baby goat named after me.. :)

>

>

> Mel and Lee, that is so weird on the different colors and shapes

> of pills, I'm going to ask the " Be In Charge " nurse about that, it

> sure makes me wonder, as well.. I'm not sure what I'm in

> charge of, though, lol, have yet to start treatment..but I do try to

> keep up with everything..

>

>

> Tim, Thanks for sharing " A Woman " with us all, that was

> so very touching..

>

> anne, Thank you again for all of the special things you share to

> lighten things up.. :)

>

> Jax, I don't know how {we} grandparents live without warming blankets,

> they really help!

>

> le, Best of luck with your biopsy on Friday!

>

> , " Hi " , I'm Sheena, and yes, indeed, I have found your posts

> to be quite fascinating reading.. I'm sure glad that you have returned.

> I'm fairly new here, as of September.. My Rock..what a great bunch of

folks..

>

> Has anyone heard from ? I know she just started a new job in

> Arizona, I do hope all is going well for her.. You out there ?

>

> Sharon, , Jax, le, Nikki, Becky and all, no results on my

> biopsy, as yet, my GI hasn't even been in the office all last week

> or this. I have an appointment with him on February 6th.

> Generally, I will go and get a copy of my results, but have not been

> inclined to do so this time, especially since they were unable to biopsy

> the mass in my liver. They were able to get 2 nice chunks of my liver to

> biopsy and that will tell me where I'm at, otherwise..

> The Radiologist wants to run another Cat Scan end of next month to

> determine if the mass is still growing.. If it is, it needs to be removed,

> then biopsied..

>

> That about covers it, I wish everyone well, you are all ever in my prayers..

>

> Many Blessings,

> Sheena

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your

question on

Answers.

>

Guest guest

glad your CT went alright! So you will be joining us in the treatment process soon?? MelSheena <mom4possums2002@...> wrote: Hi All, They really pushed my Cat Scan through, I had that today. I should have the report by tomorrow afternoon, Monday, at the latest..it will be the deciding

factor. Blood tests look GOOD, glucose at high max, but not over and I am already working on that. Liver enzymes were much better at 53/54. I am heading towards treatment.. I think I am going to have a whole lot of questions.. Hugs, Sheena Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at

the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.

The fish are biting.

Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing.

Guest guest

Thanks, Mel, yes, and for many months, as I am a "1". If the mass in my liver didn't grow, I should be starting treatment sometime next month.. If it did, there will be a delay as I fight the docs to get rid of it..Will start treatment as soon as possible after. I hope to be starting soon! Sheena mELODEE DESTEFANO <melodeedestefano@...> wrote: glad your CT went

alright! So you will be joining us in the treatment process soon?? MelSheena <mom4possums2002 > wrote: Hi All, They really pushed my Cat Scan through, I had that today. I should have the report by tomorrow afternoon, Monday, at the latest..it will be the deciding factor. Blood tests look GOOD, glucose at high max, but not over and I am already working on that. Liver enzymes

were much better at 53/54. I am heading towards treatment.. I think I am going to have a whole lot of questions.. Hugs, Sheena Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut. The fish are biting.Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing.

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Q&A for great tips from Answers users.

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/17/2007 4:27:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, csharonxoxo@... writes:

Too late to lay blame for HCV, NOW is the time to gather forces and FIGHT it. Many heppers regret something in the past, but one cannot change what was, just what is to be.

I was told many years ago it is not how you got it but that you have it. I still will not go to this Internal Medicine doctor and he said you will never get a transplant because you will get it again and you would be a waste of a liver. Well, I am on the transplant list and that doctor will never get a recommendation from me or another thought. It is a shame some people are still stupid about HCV I am advocate for HCV and it does not make a different how, there are so many ways before it was known. Don't let what he says bother you find someone and that understands and if you still feel like it tell someone, just to make you feel better if it helps great if not then it his problem. Hugs, GlendaSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

It sounds like you've got a good doctor working with you, congratulations. Some of them are not(good that is). Don't worry about the biopsy, mine was a horror story but that was a specific problem of mine - scarring around the liver made it impossible to get a biopsy in the normal way so it had to be done with a laproscope & me out cold but my doctor didn't believe me when I told him before my second biopsy (different doctor from the first biopsy, the first one died) & so it took over a year to finally get it done. When I did get the bx it was too late to treat, my HCV had decompensated & I was in ESLD. Most people can just go & get it done - easy. My story is the only one I've ever heard that happened to like that. Lots of us have tats, not me but quite a few of

us. You can't be sure that the tat is what you got HCV from. Look at Deb with her big ol' dragon tat - she got HCV from blood transfusions during surgery I think. I know De did even tho' she has a tat, she got that later. You take good care of you. Don't worry about venting - we have a special place for that, if you go to the Group home page & click files you'll find it there - vent, rant & rave to your heart's content. Hugs, SuZie & Sir SpYke the Wonder Cat a. k. a. Mr. Fluffy.n/a <burchnelldeanna@...> wrote: Hi group, Well I made it to my new liver doctor today. Seems to be a nice doctor. He is moving things pretty fast now. I will be scheduled for a egd (esophagogastroduodenoscopy)for this week. And scheduled for my biopsy for next week. (SCARES ME TO SHED TEARS).I also went for more blood work today to get my genotype, platelet count ect.. He seems to think i'm already in the early stages of cirrosis. I don't know what that will mean for me as treatment goes. But we should be discussing a treatment plan within a month he said. ( If i'm able to recieve it ) Well it just felt good to type this out instead of talking personally to

someone about it.I hope I can go back to work tomorrow and hold it together. Thanks hepper friends for letting me vent. I know I already snapped at my hubby today. Should have been a little nicer but he commented on my tattoo and how that was the cause of my hcv. My tattoo came from my wild early years of life. Oh well i'm venting again . I will give it a rest and focus on the important stuff. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT>>>> DEANNA ( AKA ) Dee

Next time I'm coming back as a cat

Guest guest

Hugs, Dee. I go for my biopsy tomorrow morning. To say that i'm nervous is an understatement. Getting ready to go online and look at liverbiopsy info. so, I'll know what to expect. Maybe it will calm my nerves. VickieGn/a <burchnelldeanna@...> wrote: Hi group, Well I made it to my new liver doctor today. Seems to be a nice doctor. He is moving things pretty fast now. I will be scheduled for a egd (esophagogastroduodenoscopy)for this week. And scheduled for my biopsy

for next week. (SCARES ME TO SHED TEARS).I also went for more blood work today to get my genotype, platelet count ect.. He seems to think i'm already in the early stages of cirrosis. I don't know what that will mean for me as treatment goes. But we should be discussing a treatment plan within a month he said. ( If i'm able to recieve it ) Well it just felt good to type this out instead of talking personally to someone about it.I hope I can go back to work tomorrow and hold it together. Thanks hepper friends for letting me vent. I know I already snapped at my hubby today. Should have been a little nicer but he commented on my tattoo and how that was the cause of my hcv. My tattoo came from my wild early years of life. Oh well i'm venting again . I will give it a rest and focus on the important stuff. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT>>>> DEANNA ( AKA ) Dee

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Too late to lay blame for HCV, NOW is the time to gather forces and FIGHT it. Many heppers regret something in the past, but one cannot change what was, just what is to be.

Sharon

update

Hi group, Well I made it to my new liver doctor today. Seems to be a nice doctor. He is moving things pretty fast now. I will be scheduled for a egd (esophagogastroduodenoscopy)for this week. And scheduled for my biopsy for next week. (SCARES ME TO SHED TEARS).I also went for more blood work today to get my genotype, platelet count ect.. He seems to think i'm already in the early stages of cirrosis. I don't know what that will mean for me as treatment goes. But we should be discussing a treatment plan within a month he said. ( If i'm able to recieve it ) Well it just felt good to type this out instead of talking personally to someone about it.I hope I can go back to work tomorrow and hold it together. Thanks hepper friends for letting me vent. I know I already snapped at my hubby today. Should have been a little nicer but he commented on my tattoo and how that was the cause of my hcv. My tattoo came from my wild early years of life. Oh well i'm venting again . I will give it a rest and focus on the important stuff. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT>>>> DEANNA ( AKA ) Dee

Guest guest

Hey VickieG... I was very frightened before they did my biopsy, especially when they put me into a surgery room. The doc kept talking to me and I thought he was prepping me. Then he was done, lol. All that fussing for nothing. Almost all the time they are no big deal. Good Luck!

Llinda

Hugs, Dee. I go for my biopsy tomorrow morning. To say that i'm nervous is an understatement. Getting ready to go online and look at liverbiopsy info. so, I'll know what to expect. Maybe it will calm my nerves. VickieGn/a <burchnelldeannasbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:

Hi group, Well I made it to my new liver doctor today. Seems to be a nice doctor. He is moving things pretty fast now. I will be scheduled for a egd (esophagogastroduodenoscopy)for this week. And scheduled for my biopsy for next week. (SCARES ME TO SHED TEARS).I also went for more blood work today to get my genotype, platelet count ect.. He seems to think i'm already in the early stages of cirrosis. I don't know what that will mean for me as treatment goes. But we should be discussing a treatment plan within a month he said. ( If i'm able to recieve it ) Well it just felt good to type this out instead of talking personally to someone about it.I hope I can go back to work tomorrow and hold it together. Thanks hepper friends for letting me vent. I know I already snapped at my hubby today. Should have been a little nicer but he commented on my tattoo and how that was the cause of my hcv. My tattoo came from my wild early years of life. Oh well i'm venting again . I will give it a rest and focus on the important stuff. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT>>>> DEANNA ( AKA ) Dee

Guest guest

Before I was dx with HCV, I had a doc tell me he didn't know what was wrong with me, that I PROBABLY had AIDS!!! That threw me for a loop, I can tell you. I went to another doc and was tested for aids, don't have it, but it wasn't for years more til someone tested for HCV. MANY dumb docs out there!!

Sharon

Re: update

In a message dated 4/17/2007 4:27:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, csharonxoxo@... writes:

I was told many years ago it is not how you got it but that you have it. I still will not go to this Internal Medicine doctor and he said you will never get a transplant because you will get it again and you would be a waste of a liver. Well, I am on the transplant list and that doctor will never get a recommendation from me or another thought. It is a shame some people are still stupid about HCV I am advocate for HCV and it does not make a different how, there are so many ways before it was known. Don't let what he says bother you find someone and that understands and if you still feel like it tell someone, just to make you feel better if it helps great if not then it his problem. Hugs, Glenda

Guest guest

I take my que from my puppy, "Live for the moment", It doesn't matter what happened two seconds ago. SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: Too late to lay blame for HCV, NOW is the time to gather forces and FIGHT it. Many heppers regret something in the past, but one cannot change what was, just what is to be. Sharon update Hi group, Well I made it to my new liver doctor today. Seems to be a nice doctor. He is moving things pretty fast now. I will be scheduled for a egd (esophagogastroduodenoscopy)for this week. And scheduled for my biopsy for next week. (SCARES ME TO SHED TEARS).I also went for more blood work today to get my

genotype, platelet count ect.. He seems to think i'm already in the early stages of cirrosis. I don't know what that will mean for me as treatment goes. But we should be discussing a treatment plan within a month he said. ( If i'm able to recieve it ) Well it just felt good to type this out instead of talking personally to someone about it.I hope I can go back to work tomorrow and hold it together. Thanks hepper friends for letting me vent. I know I already snapped at my hubby today. Should have been a little nicer but he commented on my tattoo and how that was the cause of my hcv. My tattoo came from my wild early years of life. Oh well i'm venting again . I will give it a rest and focus on the important stuff. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT>>>> DEANNA ( AKA ) Dee

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

, Thank you. I hope mine is that easy. Sounds like it could be compared to giving blood for tests. Some nurses can stick the needle into the vein and you never feel a thing. Some obviously don't know how to stick the needle in. I had one of those only one time. Most of the time, the professional has done the procedure so many times that it's a walk in the park for them and you. I think the hardest part for me will be getting up early enough to get ready and drive that hour to the hospital. 7 a m at the hospital means probably getting up at 4 a m for me. Hugs, VickieG Permann <2llama@...> wrote: Hey VickieG... I was very frightened before they did my biopsy, especially when they put me into a surgery room. The doc kept talking to me and I thought he was prepping me. Then he was done, lol. All that fussing for nothing. Almost all the time they are no big deal. Good Luck! Llinda Hugs, Dee. I go for my biopsy tomorrow morning. To say that i'm nervous is an understatement. Getting ready to go online and look at liverbiopsy info.

so, I'll know what to expect. Maybe it will calm my nerves. VickieGn/a <burchnelldeannasbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Hi group, Well I made it to my new liver doctor today. Seems to be a nice doctor. He is moving things pretty fast now. I will be scheduled for a egd (esophagogastroduodenoscopy)for this week. And scheduled for my biopsy for next week. (SCARES ME TO SHED TEARS).I also went for more blood work today to get my genotype, platelet count ect.. He seems to think i'm already in the early stages of cirrosis. I don't know what that will mean for me as treatment goes. But we should be discussing a treatment plan within a month he said. ( If i'm able to recieve it ) Well it just felt good to type this out instead of talking personally to someone about it.I hope I can

go back to work tomorrow and hold it together. Thanks hepper friends for letting me vent. I know I already snapped at my hubby today. Should have been a little nicer but he commented on my tattoo and how that was the cause of my hcv. My tattoo came from my wild early years of life. Oh well i'm venting again . I will give it a rest and focus on the important stuff. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE SUPPORT>>>> DEANNA ( AKA ) Dee .

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

My HCV came from a really bad car accident and needing many many pints of blood. I count myself luck that I got HCV instead of HIV. Hugs, VickieGSHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: Before I was dx with HCV, I had a doc tell me he didn't know what was wrong with me, that I PROBABLY had AIDS!!! That threw me for a loop, I can tell you. I went

to another doc and was tested for aids, don't have it, but it wasn't for years more til someone tested for HCV. MANY dumb docs out there!! Sharon Re: update In a

message dated 4/17/2007 4:27:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, csharonxoxomsn writes: Too late to lay blame for HCV, NOW is the time to gather forces and FIGHT it. Many heppers regret something in the past, but one cannot change what was, just what is to be. I was told many years ago it is not how you got it but that you have it. I still will not go to this Internal Medicine doctor and he said you will never get a transplant because you will get it again and you would be a waste of a liver. Well, I am on the transplant list and that doctor will never get a recommendation from

me or another thought. It is a shame some people are still stupid about HCV I am advocate for HCV and it does not make a different how, there are so many ways before it was known. Don't let what he says bother you find someone and that understands and if you still feel like it tell someone, just to make you feel better if it helps great if not then it his problem. Hugs, Glenda

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

I got mine from hemoraghing during a hysterectomy and having to have lots of blood transfused. It's the luck of the draw. I never used drugs, but did work in hospital isolation rooms for a while, but I think it was the transfusion.

Either way, here it is and has to be dealt with, however we got it.

Sharon

My HCV came from a really bad car accident and needing many many pints of blood. I count myself luck that I got HCV instead of HIV. Hugs, VickieGSHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote:

Before I was dx with HCV, I had a doc tell me he didn't know what was wrong with me, that I PROBABLY had AIDS!!! That threw me for a loop, I can tell you. I went to another doc and was tested for aids, don't have it, but it wasn't for years more til someone tested for HCV. MANY dumb docs out there!!

Sharon

Guest guest

Yes, I went through a lot in my life. I finally learned that what happened when I was unable to control my life (As a child), is over, in the past, finished. Hugs! VickieG SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: I got mine from hemoraghing during a hysterectomy and having to have lots of blood transfused. It's the luck of the draw. I never used drugs, but did work in hospital isolation

rooms for a while, but I think it was the transfusion. Either way, here it is and has to be dealt with, however we got it. Sharon Re: update My HCV came from a really bad car accident and needing many many pints of

blood. I count myself luck that I got HCV instead of HIV. Hugs, VickieGSHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote: Before I was dx with HCV, I had a doc tell me he didn't know what was wrong with me, that I PROBABLY had AIDS!!! That threw me for a loop, I can tell you. I went to another doc and was tested for aids, don't have it, but it wasn't for years more til someone tested for HCV. MANY dumb docs out there!! Sharon

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

That's a strong lesson to learn. I'm still working on it at age 64. The blame and shame just want to hang out. Good for you, "getting" it.

Sharon

Yes, I went through a lot in my life. I finally learned that what happened when I was unable to control my life (As a child), is over, in the past, finished. Hugs! VickieG SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote:

I got mine from hemoraghing during a hysterectomy and having to have lots of blood transfused. It's the luck of the draw. I never used drugs, but did work in hospital isolation rooms for a while, but I think it was the transfusion.

Either way, here it is and has to be dealt with, however we got it.

Guest guest

I know how I got mine - injection drugs in the late 60s, dxd then with "Serum Hepatitis" which was later called nonA/nonB & finally HCV. I don't apologize for it, it's a fact of my life & I wouldn't be the person I am now if I hadn't done that then. I like me now & wouldn't change it for anything (but a whole lot of $$$$$ that'd be nice) if that makes any sense - even if it doesn't. I'm kind of fond of the person I turned out to be & SpYke likes her too, that's all I need. Hugs All Round, SuZie & Sir SpYke the Sleepy - he just opened one eye & said clearly "Yes Mama I love you" he's mine.

Guest guest

I'm 56 until the end of July. It took me a long time to "get it". That self-therapy works everytime. Ha! Hugs, VickieGSHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: That's a strong lesson to learn. I'm still working on it at age 64. The blame and shame just want to hang out. Good for you, "getting" it. Sharon Re: update Yes, I went through a lot in my life. I finally learned that what happened when I was unable to control my life (As a child), is over, in the past, finished. Hugs! VickieG SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxomsn> wrote: I got mine from hemoraghing during a hysterectomy and having to have lots of blood transfused. It's the luck of the draw. I never used drugs, but did work in hospital isolation rooms for a while, but I think it was the transfusion. Either way, here it is and has to be dealt with, however we got it.

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Suzie, I think that is all that matters. All us souls have to be ourselves. And, if we learned some lessons getting there, all the better. We have learned how to help someone else with the same problems. We are all on a journey to the same place. We just don't all get there on the same path. Hugs, VickieGsuzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote: I know how I got mine - injection drugs in the late 60s, dxd then with "Serum

Hepatitis" which was later called nonA/nonB & finally HCV. I don't apologize for it, it's a fact of my life & I wouldn't be the person I am now if I hadn't done that then. I like me now & wouldn't change it for anything (but a whole lot of $$$$$ that'd be nice) if that makes any sense - even if it doesn't. I'm kind of fond of the person I turned out to be & SpYke likes her too, that's all I need. Hugs All Round, SuZie & Sir SpYke the Sleepy - he just opened one eye & said clearly "Yes Mama I love you" he's mine. Next time I'm coming back as a cat

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Some good, positive wisdom here, from the both of you. How can we teach the world not to judge?

Sharon

Suzie, I think that is all that matters. All us souls have to be ourselves. And, if we learned some lessons getting there, all the better. We have learned how to help someone else with the same problems. We are all on a journey to the same place. We just don't all get there on the same path. Hugs, VickieGsuzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote:

I know how I got mine - injection drugs in the late 60s, dxd then with "Serum Hepatitis" which was later called nonA/nonB & finally HCV. I don't apologize for it, it's a fact of my life & I wouldn't be the person I am now if I hadn't done that then. I like me now & wouldn't change it for anything (but a whole lot of $$$$$ that'd be nice) if that makes any sense - even if it doesn't.

I'm kind of fond of the person I turned out to be & SpYke likes her too, that's all I need.

Hugs All Round,

SuZie & Sir SpYke the Sleepy - he just opened one eye & said clearly "Yes Mama I love you" he's mine.

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Thank you, Sharon. I think we all have to learn our lessons on our own in ways that each of us can understand. Patience, I think is a good thing to remember. Our children eventually grow up inspite of us and themselves. We eventually mature as we get older. Some take longer than others, but I think we all get it eventually. And, our example hopefully will be followed by others. Hugs, VickieG SHARON CROSBY <csharonxoxo@...> wrote: Some good, positive wisdom here, from the both of you. How can we teach the world not to judge? Sharon Re: update Suzie, I think that is all that matters. All us

souls have to be ourselves. And, if we learned some lessons getting there, all the better. We have learned how to help someone else with the same problems. We are all on a journey to the same place. We just don't all get there on the same path. Hugs, VickieGsuzie <suzieandsandy > wrote: I know how I got mine - injection drugs in the late 60s, dxd then with "Serum Hepatitis" which was later called nonA/nonB & finally HCV. I don't apologize for it, it's a fact of my life & I wouldn't be the person I am now if I hadn't done that then. I like me now & wouldn't change it for anything (but a whole lot of $$$$$ that'd be

nice) if that makes any sense - even if it doesn't. I'm kind of fond of the person I turned out to be & SpYke likes her too, that's all I need. Hugs All Round, SuZie & Sir SpYke the Sleepy - he just opened one eye & said clearly "Yes Mama I love you" he's mine. Next time I'm coming back as a cat Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?Check out new cars at Autos.

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

I am glad that something was done and this doctor can help you with getting the procrit approved by filing an appeal on your behalf . The do is wrong about the ribaviron sweety . Here is the prescribing info from Schering , the riba is the culprit . Here is the link you may want to give this hematologist . http://www.spfiles.com/pirebetol.pdf

• REBETOL monotherapy is not effective for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus

infection and should not be used alone for this indication. (See WARNINGS.)

• The primary toxicity of ribavirin is hemolytic anemia. The anemia associated with

REBETOL therapy may result in worsening of cardiac disease that has led to fatal and

nonfatal myocardial infarctions. Patients with a history of significant or unstable cardiac

disease should not be treated with REBETOL. (See WARNINGS, ADVERSE REACTIONS,

and DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION.)

• Significant teratogenic and/or embryocidal effects have been demonstrated in all animal

species exposed to ribavirin. In addition, ribavirin has a multiple-dose half-life of

12 days, and so it may persist in nonplasma compartments for as long as 6 months.

Therefore, REBETOL therapy is contraindicated in women who are pregnant and in the

male partners of women who are pregnant. Extreme care must be taken to avoid pregnancy

during therapy and for 6 months after completion of treatment in both female

patients and in female partners ofmale patients who are taking REBETOL therapy. At least

two reliable forms of effective contraception must be utilized during treatment and during

the 6-month posttreatment follow-up period. (See CONTRAINDICATIONS, WARNINGS,

PRECAUTIONS–Information for Patients and Pregnancy Category X.)

DESCRIPTION

REBETOL®

REBETOL is Schering Corporation’s brand name for ribavirin, a nucleoside analog. The chemical

name of ribavirin is 1--D-ribofuranosyl-1H-1,2,4-triazole-3-carboxamide and has the following

structural formula:

Ribavirin is awhite, crystalline powder. It is freely soluble inwater and slightly soluble in anhydrous

alcohol. The empirical formula is C8H12N4O5 and the molecular weight is 244.21.

REBETOL Capsules consist of awhite powder in awhite, opaque, gelatin capsule. Each capsule contains

200 mg ribavirin and the inactive ingredients microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate,

croscarmellose sodium, and magnesium stearate. The capsule shell consists of gelatin, sodium lauryl

sulfate, silicon dioxide, and titanium dioxide. The capsule is printed with edible blue pharmaceutical

ink which is made of shellac, anhydrous ethyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, n-butyl alcohol, propylene

glycol, ammonium hydroxide, and FD & C Blue #2 aluminum lake.

REBETOL Oral Solution is a clear, colorless to pale or light yellow bubble gum-flavored liquid. Each

milliliter of the solution contains 40mg of ribavirin and the inactive ingredients sucrose, glycerin, sorbitol,

propylene glycol, sodium citrate, citric acid, sodium benzoate, natural and artificial flavor for

bubble gum #15864, and water.

Update

Hello, Jackie, Liz and all those who offered support and advice for my low blood count plight.I went to the hematologist and he suggested that I get transfused, so that very day, I received 2 units of blood and am feeling some better. Still not good, but at least not so breathless and anaerobic.He suggested this because Medicare is now fussing about having to pay for the procrit class and neupogen class of drugs. Each case has to be pre-approved and that takes a couple of weeks, so this was the next best alternative.I'e also gotten some misconceptions in my Norsky head. I thought that the ribaviran was the blood cell culprit - that it was killing the cells. I find from the doc that tit's the infergen that does it; suppresses the bone marrow and far less blood is produced.Each time I think I are smart, I get wacked. lol That's teach me not to think I are smart, huh? lolSharon

Guest guest

Thank you Liz, that makes me feel better!Sharon Re: UpdateI am glad that something was done and this doctor can help you with getting the procrit approved by filing an appeal on your behalf . The do is wrong about the ribaviron sweety . Here is the prescribing info from Schering , the riba is the culprit . Here is the link you may want to give this hematologist . http://www.spfiles.com/pirebetol.pdf. REBETOL monotherapy is not effective for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virusinfection and should not be used alone for this indication. (See WARNINGS.)

Guest guest

Your welcome Sharon . It is my job to educate and help people like you , especially when they get backwards doctors lol Back in 96 I went through 15 months of interferon treatments and never had my blood values change like when I was on the riba .

Re: Update

I am glad that something was done and this doctor can help you with getting the procrit approved by filing an appeal on your behalf . The do is wrong about the ribaviron sweety . Here is the prescribing info from Schering , the riba is the culprit . Here is the link you may want to give this hematologist . http://www.spfiles.com/pirebetol.pdf

.. REBETOL monotherapy is not effective for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus

infection and should not be used alone for this indication. (See WARNINGS.)