RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Kombucha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If it tastes like sweet tea, it's probably not done yet . . .did it grow a new mushroom?

The taste should be pleasant, but not sweet.

Rogene Re: Kombucha

The Kombucha tea my Father has just tastes like sweet tea......... ....it is not bad at all......... .....

God Bless ~ D

See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

I bought some at the store once and it tasted like vinegar. Is that

typical? It was NASTY!

Kenda

> If it tastes like sweet tea, it's probably not done yet . . .did it grow a new

> mushroom?

>

> The taste should be pleasant, but not sweet.

>

> Rogene

>

> Re: Kombucha

>

> The Kombucha tea my Father has just tastes like sweet tea......... ....it is

> not bad at all......... .....

> God Bless ~ D

>

>

>

>

>

>

> See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

No Kombucha tea should have a pleasant taste. . . the vinegar taste occurs when it's matured too long.

Not sweet, not vinegar . . . with just a little zip - like carbonation.

It can be really good - but I suspect it still has a little sugar at that stage.

Rogene

Guest guest

Rogene ~

Ya know, I will have to ask my father. He doesnt have much taste these days, I will have him be more spacific. He may have just said it was sweet because the way you make it calls for sugar, or sweet tea.

How are you doing? I have missed everyone, my daughter kidnapped me for the weekend as a surprise. Love and hugs ~ DSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

It tasted like carbonated vinegar. :( Maybe I'll try it again sometime.

Although my pancreas doesn't tolerate carbonated things.

Kenda

> No Kombucha tea should have a pleasant taste. . . the vinegar taste occurs

> when it's matured too long.

>

> Not sweet, not vinegar . . . with just a little zip - like carbonation.

>

> It can be really good - but I suspect it still has a little sugar at that

> stage.

>

> Rogene

Guest guest

The "carbonation" is so light that I don't think you'd have a problem with it . . . I find the same bit of "zip" in Kefir at times.

Vinegar indicates Kombucha has aged too long.

Rogene

Guest guest

Ok, I'll try it again. Is there a brand you'd recommend?

Kenda

> The " carbonation " is so light that I don't think you'd have a problem with it

> . . . I find the same bit of " zip " in Kefir at times.

>

> Vinegar indicates Kombucha has aged too long.

>

> Rogene

Guest guest

I wouldn't recommend drinking a comercial brand . . .

Grow your own! It's easy!

Check online . . . there are plenty of people who will share them . . . sometimes just the cost of postage.

Rogene

Guest guest

My husband just got some of this from a friend who has been drinking this for 10 yrs. I tell you it smelled fermented like vinegar. I dont like vinegar much, only in salad, must mean I need it bad. Anyway, it's good for alot of aliments, and even can restore grey hair in some, and helps with candida. Our friend says that she hasnt had a cold in 10 yrs since she has been drinking this. Michele http://www.kombucha.org/ The Kombucha Culture, sometimes mistakenly referred to as a mushroom, is a symbiotic, probiotic colony of yeast and bacteria (the friendly type). Kombucha Tea is made by combining the culture, with a mixture of black tea, and sugar. The ingredients are allowed to "ferment", usually from 7-10 days. The resulting beverage contains dozens of elements, many of which are known to promote healing for a

variety of conditions.Traditionally, Kombucha use has spread (for over 2000 years) by the passing of Kombucha Cultures from family to family, and friend to friend. We give away Kombucha in our neighborhood. We provide mail order Kombucha Cultures, and/or ready made K-Tea, to those interested. If you already know that you want to obtain Kombucha Cultures, and/or K-Tea, please check our products page here.To inquire re: Quantity orders for wholesale/retail distributors, please contact us by e-mail.We are proud to be able to offer the finest Kombucha products available. We are working hard to make quality products available conveniently and economically to everyone. Please do not confuse any positive information provided regarding Kombucha, as some sort of commercial promotion, as that is not our intent. Our OpinionWe

have been making and using Kombucha products for several years. We have noted numerous improvements in our overall health including: increased energy, sharper eyesight, and better skin condition, to name a few. We firmly believe, that daily use of controlled amounts of Kombucha Tea, along with improved diet (particularly increased water intake), and a program of spiritual growth, can help to deal with a variety of ailments, and/or help to maintain good health. We conclude that Kombucha is a valuable supplement to health care, however, is not a substitute or replacement for established or required professional medical care. We recommend: Stay open to input, use methods that work for you, and avoid extremist positions regarding your health care. more reasons to use Kombucha.. There are many both commercial and noncommercial sources

available from which to obtain a variety of Kombucha products and/or publications. The World Wide Web is easily the most complete source of Kombucha information. It is quite difficult to determine the reliability, quality, or value associated with any given reference. Having researched the matter for several years, we have concluded that the overwhelming majority of information regarding Kombucha is positive. WE DO SUGGEST, that if you have a friend or family member that uses Kombucha, you may want to use them as a source for obtaining more information, and/or your 1st culture(s). even more reasons..In any event, if you have not already done so, please do yourself the favor of researching the matter to discover what you can. Typing "Kombucha" in any web search engine will result in 1000's of references to the topic.

We will attempt to supply links to the most reliable sources of information we have found. Some of the available references to Kombucha are a little mysterious. A noted author/authority on Kombucha, is Gunther , his Kombucha Journal site is located here.We will add links to reliable resources as they become available to us. Regardless of what you may read or hear, if you are making your own Kombucha Tea, we strongly recommend: Use of stainless steel (2nd choice glass) pots, (for brewing tea), large wide mouth glass jars (for fermenting), and wooden or plastic utensils. You must avoid contact with metal containers/objects, in regards to care/storage of fermented tea and the cultures themselves.Kombucha is strong stuff, so you should be careful regarding the amount you use initially. As a rule, most people would be best served by limiting intake to 2 oz., 2X daily (4 oz. total) to start.

We have found that with Kombucha, more is not necessarily better.When making K-Tea, You will need lots of tea, sugar, some fine cloth, and a heavy rubber band. Jars and pots should be kept extremely clean.Kombucha reproduces itself, so, if maintained appropriately, you could have/make a lifetime supply from a single Kombucha Culture.We will be adding pertinent information to this site as it becomes available to us. If you have anything you would like to share, or see posted here, regarding Kombucha, please contact us by email.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Very interesting Michele. Thanks, Honey, for sharing this. Lots of Love, Joy

[ ] Kombucha

My husband just got some of this from a friend who has been drinking this for 10 yrs. I tell you it smelled fermented like vinegar. I dont like vinegar much, only in salad, must mean I need it bad. Anyway, it's good for alot of aliments, and even can restore grey hair in some, and helps with candida. Our friend says that she hasnt had a cold in 10 yrs since she has been drinking this.

Michele

http://www.kombucha.org/

The Kombucha Culture, sometimes mistakenly referred to as a mushroom, is a symbiotic, probiotic colony of yeast and bacteria (the friendly type). Kombucha Tea is made by combining the culture, with a mixture of black tea, and sugar. The ingredients are allowed to "ferment", usually from 7-10 days. The resulting beverage contains dozens of elements, many of which are known to promote healing for a variety of conditions.Traditionally, Kombucha use has spread (for over 2000 years) by the passing of Kombucha Cultures from family to family, and friend to friend. We give away Kombucha in our neighborhood. We provide mail order Kombucha Cultures, and/or ready made K-Tea, to those interested. If you already know that you want to obtain Kombucha Cultures, and/or K-Tea, please check our products page here.To inquire re: Quantity orders for wholesale/retail distributors, please contact us by e-mail.We are proud to be able to offer the finest Kombucha products available. We are working hard to make quality products available conveniently and economically to everyone. Please do not confuse any positive information provided regarding Kombucha, as some sort of commercial promotion, as that is not our intent.

Our OpinionWe have been making and using Kombucha products for several years. We have noted numerous improvements in our overall health including: increased energy, sharper eyesight, and better skin condition, to name a few. We firmly believe, that daily use of controlled amounts of Kombucha Tea, along with improved diet (particularly increased water intake), and a program of spiritual growth, can help to deal with a variety of ailments, and/or help to maintain good health. We conclude that Kombucha is a valuable supplement to health care, however, is not a substitute or replacement for established or required professional medical care. We recommend: Stay open to input, use methods that work for you, and avoid extremist positions regarding your health care.

more reasons to use Kombucha..

There are many both commercial and noncommercial sources available from which to obtain a variety of Kombucha products and/or publications. The World Wide Web is easily the most complete source of Kombucha information. It is quite difficult to determine the reliability, quality, or value associated with any given reference. Having researched the matter for several years, we have concluded that the overwhelming majority of information regarding Kombucha is positive. WE DO SUGGEST, that if you have a friend or family member that uses Kombucha, you may want to use them as a source for obtaining more information, and/or your 1st culture(s).

even more reasons..In any event, if you have not already done so, please do yourself the favor of researching the matter to discover what you can. Typing "Kombucha" in any web search engine will result in 1000's of references to the topic. We will attempt to supply links to the most reliable sources of information we have found. Some of the available references to Kombucha are a little mysterious.

A noted author/authority on Kombucha, is Gunther , his Kombucha Journal site is located here.We will add links to reliable resources as they become available to us.

Regardless of what you may read or hear, if you are making your own Kombucha Tea, we strongly recommend: Use of stainless steel (2nd choice glass) pots, (for brewing tea), large wide mouth glass jars (for fermenting), and wooden or plastic utensils. You must avoid contact with metal containers/objects, in regards to care/storage of fermented tea and the cultures themselves.Kombucha is strong stuff, so you should be careful regarding the amount you use initially. As a rule, most people would be best served by limiting intake to 2 oz., 2X daily (4 oz. total) to start. We have found that with Kombucha, more is not necessarily better.When making K-Tea, You will need lots of tea, sugar, some fine cloth, and a heavy rubber band. Jars and pots should be kept extremely clean.Kombucha reproduces itself, so, if maintained appropriately, you could have/make a lifetime supply from a single Kombucha Culture.We will be adding pertinent information to this site as it becomes available to us. If you have anything you would like to share, or see posted here, regarding Kombucha, please contact us by email.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hi , thank you for the kind words, always appreciated.

Adding Ginger or other flavors after the primary ferment is our preferred

method. This maintains the pureness of the kombucha ferment and allows free

experimentation.

see our online article http://tinyurl.com/392jmp

Contrary to popular beliefs Ginger - which has some antibacterial properties

(as other herbs added for flavor also may have) are OK even in the active

primary ferment. Ginger is fermentable - as in making Ginger Beer. Adding

medicinal herbs to the primary ferment is popularly encouraged by kombucha

researcher and author Guenther and to a large extent by Harold Tietze,

who wrote a book precisely on adding herbs to kombucha.

http://tinyurl.com/yne5k5

Peace

Ed Kasper LAc. & family

www.HappyHerbalist.com

Re: kombucha

Posted by: " louisvillewapf " louisvillewapf@... louisvillewapf

Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:28 pm (PDT)

We do continuous brewing (yeah Happy Herbalist;). After the ferment of

24-48 hours, we pour the K into 16 ounce bottles (we have a bunch of

the Gorlsch which are great). At that point is a great time to flavor,

then seal so they become fizzy. We use freshly grated ginger root (you

can buy it in bulk and freeze the extra) that we grate with a

mircoplane handheld knife. You can also add berries and other things

at this point. Seal, let sit for a few days, and you will hopefully

have a delightful, fizzy, great tasting drink.