RemedySpot.com

Statins linked to diabetes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Statins linked to diabetesWorcester Telegram... of the Journal of the American Medical Association, found that women older than 50 who use statin drugs such as Lipitor, Zocor, Pravachol, Crestor and Mevacor to reduce cholesterol are at a significantly higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes. ...See all stories on this topic » A study by the University of Massachusetts Medical School published online Monday in the Archives of Internal Medicine, a publication of the Journal of the American Medical Association, found that women older than 50 who use statin drugs such as Lipitor, Zocor, Pravachol, Crestor and Mevacor to reduce cholesterol are at a significantly higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes.

Thanks Max, a very timely message for my wife. Her Card just insisted she be on

statins and I asked her if he did a family HX. He didn't but if he had he would

have found her Dad died at 84, her Mom at 93 and her Grandmother at 97. She is

the youngest of 8 and 7 are still living, one brother died of colon cancer. Of

course maybe he just wants to make sure she doesn't die from heart attack,

it'll be listed as complications due to DM! I printed it and suggested she

discuss it with him!

>

>

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X & q=http://www.telegram.com/article/20120110/NEWS/\

101109845/-1/NEWS04 & ct=ga & cad=CAcQARgAIAAoATAAOABAh5-w-ARIAVAAWABiBWVuLUNB & cd=X0\

LJcVJmv8s & usg=AFQjCNFz9g4kxIXLDeurQeOHHb1yu6ivVg> Statins linked to diabetes

> Worcester Telegram

> ... of the Journal of the American Medical Association, found that women older

than 50 who use statin drugs such as Lipitor, Zocor, Pravachol, Crestor and

Mevacor to reduce cholesterol are at a significantly higher risk of developing

type 2 diabetes. ...

>

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X & q=http://news.google.ca/news/story%3Fncl%3Dhttp:\

//www.telegram.com/article/20120110/NEWS/101109845/-1/NEWS04%26hl%3Den%26geo%3Dc\

a & ct=ga & cad=CAcQARgAIAAoBjAAOABAh5-w-ARIAVAAWABiBWVuLUNB & cd=X0LJcVJmv8s & usg=AFQj\

CNGT2Y8CNYivasnYf3qmfyoS59SJXg> See all stories on this topic »

>

>

>

> A study by the University of Massachusetts Medical School published online

Monday in the Archives of Internal Medicine, a publication of the Journal of the

American Medical Association, found that women older than 50 who use statin

drugs such as Lipitor, Zocor, Pravachol, Crestor and Mevacor to reduce

cholesterol are at a significantly higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes.

>

Hi ,

I am not sure about the details on this research but I suspect definition of

diabetic these days is GLUCF>7.0 mmol/L = 126 mg/dL . Assuming that she starts

statins now she perhaps get to 16 in some 5 years and 126 is not so bad because

with some Metformin it can be overcome and another 5 years to level that she

might need insulin...something like this...so it's good idea to see what level

of diabetics disorder and in how many years one get to such level.

Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after

about 10 years on HTN medication...of course my GLUCF was always marginally high

but I was not taking Metformin...and I suspect Metformin reduced my appetite

considerably because I am finding myself unable to finish a half plate of food

that until last year I could easily finish ! not bad...

So basically I assume becoming diabetic is gradual and not as bad as HTN if it

is taken care medically, i.e., not allowing glaucoma or cataract ...etc.

Max.

|Thanks Max, a very timely message for my wife. Her Card just insisted she be

|on statins and I asked her if he did a family HX. He didn't but if he had he

|would have found her Dad died at 84, her Mom at 93 and her Grandmother at

|97. She is the youngest of 8 and 7 are still living, one brother died of colon

|cancer. Of course maybe he just wants to make sure she doesn't die from

|heart attack, it'll be listed as complications due to DM! I printed it and

|suggested she discuss it with him!

|

|

Diabetes is almost always caused by over feeding one's genome. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jan 10, 2012, at 16:08, StudyCircle <studycircle@...> wrote:

Hi ,

I am not sure about the details on this research but I suspect definition of diabetic these days is GLUCF>7.0 mmol/L = 126 mg/dL . Assuming that she starts statins now she perhaps get to 16 in some 5 years and 126 is not so bad because with some Metformin it can be overcome and another 5 years to level that she might need insulin...something like this...so it's good idea to see what level of diabetics disorder and in how many years one get to such level.

Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medication...of course my GLUCF was always marginally high but I was not taking Metformin...and I suspect Metformin reduced my appetite considerably because I am finding myself unable to finish a half plate of food that until last year I could easily finish ! not bad...

So basically I assume becoming diabetic is gradual and not as bad as HTN if it is taken care medically, i.e., not allowing glaucoma or cataract ...etc.

Max.

|

|

>Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medicationDid you see any studies on that or it's just your experience and intuition, Max?I am very curious because I always suspected that the large dosage different HTN medications caused my diabetes. I like you started Metformin about 10 years being on HTN medications. No family history of diabetes, and I even didn't have marginally numbers. My experience with Metformin is different. Even if I take 2000 mg, my appetite is the same :-) Natalia From: StudyCircle <studycircle@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:08 PM Subject: RE: Re: Statins linked to diabetes

Hi ,

I am not sure about the details on this research but I suspect definition of diabetic these days is GLUCF>7.0 mmol/L = 126 mg/dL . Assuming that she starts statins now she perhaps get to 16 in some 5 years and 126 is not so bad because with some Metformin it can be overcome and another 5 years to level that she might need insulin...something like this...so it's good idea to see what level of diabetics disorder and in how many years one get to such level.

Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medication...of course my GLUCF was always marginally high but I was not taking Metformin...and I suspect Metformin reduced my appetite considerably because I am finding myself unable to finish a half plate of food that until last year I could easily finish ! not bad...

So basically I assume becoming diabetic is gradual and not as bad as HTN if it is taken care medically, i.e., not allowing glaucoma or cataract ...etc.

Max.

|

|

Unless your BMI is ≤25 they your DM is mostly caused by eating too much.What was your HbA1c. I forgot.CE Grim MDOn Jan 12, 2012, at 1:08 PM, Natalia Kamneva wrote: >Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medicationDid you see any studies on that or it's just your experience and intuition, Max?I am very curious because I always suspected that the large dosage different HTN medications caused my diabetes. I like you started Metformin about 10 years being on HTN medications. No family history of diabetes, and I even didn't have marginally numbers. My experience with Metformin is different. Even if I take 2000 mg, my appetite is the same :-) Natalia From: StudyCircle <studycircle@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:08 PM Subject: RE: Re: Statins linked to diabetes Hi , I am not sure about the details on this research but I suspect definition of diabetic these days is GLUCF>7.0 mmol/L = 126 mg/dL . Assuming that she starts statins now she perhaps get to 16 in some 5 years and 126 is not so bad because with some Metformin it can be overcome and another 5 years to level that she might need insulin...something like this...so it's good idea to see what level of diabetics disorder and in how many years one get to such level. Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medication...of course my GLUCF was always marginally high but I was not taking Metformin...and I suspect Metformin reduced my appetite considerably because I am finding myself unable to finish a half plate of food that until last year I could easily finish ! not bad... So basically I assume becoming diabetic is gradual and not as bad as HTN if it is taken care medically, i.e., not allowing glaucoma or cataract ...etc. Max. |Thanks Max, a very timely message for my wife. Her Card just insisted she be |on statins and I asked her if he did a family HX. He didn't but if he had he |would have found her Dad died at 84, her Mom at 93 and her Grandmother at |97. She is the youngest of 8 and 7 are still living, one brother died of colon |cancer. Of course maybe he just wants to make sure she doesn't die from |heart attack, it'll be listed as complications due to DM! I printed it and |suggested she discuss it with him! | |.... |

Yes, I have several studies showing that HTN drugs cause DM and the worse one is BB that has a prevalence of 28%, i.e., 28% of patients taking BB develop DM…other HTN drugs came less prevalent I remember CCB was next highest < 28%...and so on. These medical studies make sure that studies separate effects of many other variables like patient bmi, food, age, history,…..etc. For this reason I was hoping my doc does not prescribe BB for me and he never even mentioned BB as an alternative. Max. >Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medication Did you see any studies on that or it's just your experience and intuition, Max? I am very curious because I always suspected that the large dosage different HTN medications caused my diabetes. I like you started Metformin about 10 years being on HTN medications. No family history of diabetes, and I even didn't have marginally numbers. My experience with Metformin is different. Even if I take 2000 mg, my appetite is the same :-) Natalia

BMI is 26.5; Last Hb1C is 6.4. Thank you, Natalia From: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> hyperaldosteronism Cc: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:06 AM Subject: Re:

Re: Statins linked to diabetes

Unless your BMI is ≤25 they your DM is mostly caused by eating too much.What was your HbA1c. I forgot.CE Grim MDOn Jan 12, 2012, at 1:08 PM, Natalia Kamneva wrote: >Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medicationDid you see any studies on that or it's just your experience and intuition, Max?I am very curious because I always suspected that the large dosage different HTN medications caused my

diabetes. I like you started Metformin about 10 years being on HTN medications. No family history of diabetes, and I even didn't have marginally numbers. My experience with Metformin is different. Even if I take 2000 mg, my appetite is the same :-) Natalia From: StudyCircle <studycircle@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:08 PM Subject: RE: Re: Statins linked to diabetes Hi , I am not sure about the details on this research but I suspect definition of diabetic these days is GLUCF>7.0 mmol/L = 126 mg/dL . Assuming that she starts statins now she perhaps get to 16 in some 5 years and 126 is not so bad because with some Metformin it can be overcome and another 5 years to level that she might need insulin...something like this...so it's good idea to see what level of diabetics disorder and in how many years one get to such level. Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medication...of course my GLUCF was always marginally

high but I was not taking Metformin...and I suspect Metformin reduced my appetite considerably because I am finding myself unable to finish a half plate of food that until last year I could easily finish ! not bad... So basically I assume becoming diabetic is gradual and not as bad as HTN if it is taken care medically, i.e., not allowing glaucoma or cataract ...etc. Max. |Thanks Max, a very timely message for my wife. Her Card just insisted she be |on statins and I asked her if he did a family HX. He didn't but if he had he |would have found her Dad died at 84, her Mom at 93 and her Grandmother at |97. She is the youngest of 8 and 7 are still living, one brother died of colon |cancer. Of course maybe he just wants to make sure she doesn't die from |heart attack, it'll be listed as complications due to DM! I printed it and |suggested she discuss it with him! | |.... |

So no diabetes now? Consider stepping down DM MEDS if any. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jan 16, 2012, at 11:54, Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> wrote:

BMI is 26.5; Last Hb1C is 6.4. Thank you, Natalia From: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> hyperaldosteronism Cc: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:06 AM Subject: Re:

Unless your BMI is ≤25 they your DM is mostly caused by eating too much.What was your HbA1c. I forgot.CE Grim MDOn Jan 12, 2012, at 1:08 PM, Natalia Kamneva wrote: >Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medicationDid you see any studies on that or it's just your experience and intuition, Max?I am very curious because I always suspected that the large dosage different HTN medications caused my

diabetes. I like you started Metformin about 10 years being on HTN medications. No family history of diabetes, and I even didn't have marginally numbers. My experience with Metformin is different. Even if I take 2000 mg, my appetite is the same :-) Natalia From: StudyCircle <studycircle@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:08 PM Subject: RE: Re: Statins linked to diabetes Hi , I am not sure about the details on this research but I suspect definition of diabetic these days is GLUCF>7.0 mmol/L = 126 mg/dL . Assuming that she starts statins now she perhaps get to 16 in some 5 years and 126 is not so bad because with some Metformin it can be overcome and another 5 years to level that she might need insulin...something like this...so it's good idea to see what level of diabetics disorder and in how many years one get to such level. Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medication...of course my GLUCF was always marginally

high but I was not taking Metformin...and I suspect Metformin reduced my appetite considerably because I am finding myself unable to finish a half plate of food that until last year I could easily finish ! not bad... So basically I assume becoming diabetic is gradual and not as bad as HTN if it is taken care medically, i.e., not allowing glaucoma or cataract ...etc. Max. |Thanks Max, a very timely message for my wife. Her Card just insisted she be |on statins and I asked her if he did a family HX. He didn't but if he had he |would have found her Dad died at 84, her Mom at 93 and her Grandmother at |97. She is the youngest of 8 and 7 are still living, one brother died of colon |cancer. Of course maybe he just wants to make sure she doesn't die from |heart attack, it'll be listed as complications due to DM! I printed it and |suggested she discuss it with him! | |.... |

I am surprised with this recommendation. With HbA1C=6.4 and on 2000mg of

Metformin my doctor would not consider DM cured! She looks for it to be between

6.0 and 6.5.

Natalia reported 3 readings last year so she has just recently got down to the

high end of acceptable!

HEMOGLOBIN A1C 6.8% 6.4% 6.4%

REFERENCE RANGE 0.0-5.6 0.0-5.6 0.0-5.6

- 65 yo super ob., fastidious male - 12mm X 13mm rt. a.adnoma with

previous rt. flank pain. Treating with DASH. Stats w/o meds = BP 175/90 HR 59

BS 125. D/C Spironolactone 12/20/2011 due to adverse SX.

Other Issues/Opportunities: OSA w Bi-Pap settings 13/19, DM2, Gynecomastia, MDD

and PTSD.

Meds: Duloxetine hcl 80 MG, Metoprolol Tartrate 200 MG, 81mg aspirin and

Metformin 2000MG. Started washing Spironolactone 12/20/11 to prepare for AVS.

> >

> >>

> >>

> >> >Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin

after about 10 years on HTN medication

> >>

> >> Did you see any studies on that or it's just your experience and intuition,

Max?

> >>

> >> I am very curious because I always suspected that the large dosage

different HTN medications caused my diabetes. I like you started Metformin about

10 years being on HTN medications. No family history of diabetes, and I even

didn't have marginally numbers. My experience with Metformin is different. Even

if I take 2000 mg, my appetite is the same :-)

> >>

> >> Natalia

> >> From: StudyCircle <studycircle@...>

> >> hyperaldosteronism

> >> Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:08 PM

> >> Subject: RE: Re: Statins linked to diabetes

> >>

> >>

> >> Hi ,

> >>

> >> I am not sure about the details on this research but I suspect definition

of diabetic these days is GLUCF>7.0 mmol/L = 126 mg/dL . Assuming that she

starts statins now she perhaps get to 16 in some 5 years and 126 is not so bad

because with some Metformin it can be overcome and another 5 years to level that

she might need insulin...something like this...so it's good idea to see what

level of diabetics disorder and in how many years one get to such level.

> >>

> >> Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin

after about 10 years on HTN medication...of course my GLUCF was always

marginally high but I was not taking Metformin...and I suspect Metformin

reduced my appetite considerably because I am finding myself unable to finish a

half plate of food that until last year I could easily finish ! not bad...

> >>

> >> So basically I assume becoming diabetic is gradual and not as bad as HTN if

it is taken care medically, i.e., not allowing glaucoma or cataract ...etc.

> >>

> >> Max.

> >>

> >> |Thanks Max, a very timely message for my wife. Her Card just insisted she

be

> >> |on statins and I asked her if he did a family HX. He didn't but if he had

he

> >> |would have found her Dad died at 84, her Mom at 93 and her Grandmother at

> >> |97. She is the youngest of 8 and 7 are still living, one brother died of

colon

> >> |cancer. Of course maybe he just wants to make sure she doesn't die from

> >> |heart attack, it'll be listed as complications due to DM! I printed it and

> >> |suggested she discuss it with him!

> >> |

> >> |....

> >> |

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Oh, oh, oh! I was on all of them. I am still taking Micardis. Can we expect that DM normalizes after awhile when we are off all BP medications or the process is irreversible? What do you think? Many thanks, Natalia From: StudyCircle <studycircle@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:45 PM Subject: RE: Re: Statins linked to diabetes

Yes, I have several studies showing that HTN drugs cause DM and the worse one is BB that has a prevalence of 28%, i.e., 28% of patients taking BB develop DM…other HTN drugs came less prevalent I remember CCB was next highest < 28%...and so on. These medical studies make sure that studies separate effects of many other variables like patient bmi, food, age, history,…..etc. For this reason I was hoping my doc does not prescribe BB for me and he never even mentioned BB as an

alternative. Max. >Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN

medication Did you see any studies on that or it's just your experience and intuition, Max? I am very curious because I always suspected that the large dosage different HTN medications caused my

diabetes. I like you started Metformin about 10 years being on HTN medications. No family history of diabetes, and I even didn't have marginally numbers. My experience with Metformin is different. Even if I take 2000 mg, my appetite is the same :-) Natalia

You look too much worried about future. I only have 15 years to live and who cares if I need to add insulin to my daily dose or not. J Max. Oh, oh, oh! I was on all of them. I am still taking Micardis. Can we expect that DM normalizes after awhile when we are off all BP medications or the process is irreversible? What do you think? Many thanks, Natalia

Ah but the second u have an MI YOU want to be on a BB fromthe. On they say.May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jan 17, 2012, at 13:18, Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> wrote:

Oh, oh, oh! I was on all of them. I am still taking Micardis. Can we expect that DM normalizes after awhile when we are off all BP medications or the process is irreversible? What do you think? Many thanks, Natalia From: StudyCircle <studycircle@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:45 PM Subject: RE: Re: Statins linked to diabetes

Yes, I have several studies showing that HTN drugs cause DM and the worse one is BB that has a prevalence of 28%, i.e., 28% of patients taking BB develop DM…other HTN drugs came less prevalent I remember CCB was next highest < 28%...and so on. These medical studies make sure that studies separate effects of many other variables like patient bmi, food, age, history,…..etc. For this reason I was hoping my doc does not prescribe BB for me and he never even mentioned BB as an

alternative. Max. >Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN

medication Did you see any studies on that or it's just your experience and intuition, Max? I am very curious because I always suspected that the large dosage different HTN medications caused my

diabetes. I like you started Metformin about 10 years being on HTN medications. No family history of diabetes, and I even didn't have marginally numbers. My experience with Metformin is different. Even if I take 2000 mg, my appetite is the same :-) Natalia

Cause would mean that the DM went away when drugs were stopped. Tricky part is that even those on placebo develop DM over time. Best way to prevent this is BMI < 25. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jan 17, 2012, at 13:18, Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> wrote:

Ask him to look at the new guidelines for mature people and the harm done when one tries to get too strick control.Do a NIH PUBMED on diabetes tight control.CE Grim MDOn Jan 16, 2012, at 5:35 PM, wrote: I am surprised with this recommendation. With HbA1C=6.4 and on 2000mg of Metformin my doctor would not consider DM cured! She looks for it to be between 6.0 and 6.5. Natalia reported 3 readings last year so she has just recently got down to the high end of acceptable! HEMOGLOBIN A1C 6.8% 6.4% 6.4% REFERENCE RANGE 0.0-5.6 0.0-5.6 0.0-5.6 - 65 yo super ob., fastidious male - 12mm X 13mm rt. a.adnoma with previous rt. flank pain. Treating with DASH. Stats w/o meds = BP 175/90 HR 59 BS 125. D/C Spironolactone 12/20/2011 due to adverse SX. Other Issues/Opportunities: OSA w Bi-Pap settings 13/19, DM2, Gynecomastia, MDD and PTSD. Meds: Duloxetine hcl 80 MG, Metoprolol Tartrate 200 MG, 81mg aspirin and Metformin 2000MG. Started washing Spironolactone 12/20/11 to prepare for AVS. > > > >> > >> > >> >Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medication > >> > >> Did you see any studies on that or it's just your experience and intuition, Max? > >> > >> I am very curious because I always suspected that the large dosage different HTN medications caused my diabetes. I like you started Metformin about 10 years being on HTN medications. No family history of diabetes, and I even didn't have marginally numbers. My experience with Metformin is different. Even if I take 2000 mg, my appetite is the same :-) > >> > >> Natalia > >> From: StudyCircle <studycircle@...> > >> hyperaldosteronism > >> Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:08 PM > >> Subject: RE: Re: Statins linked to diabetes > >> > >> > >> Hi , > >> > >> I am not sure about the details on this research but I suspect definition of diabetic these days is GLUCF>7.0 mmol/L = 126 mg/dL . Assuming that she starts statins now she perhaps get to 16 in some 5 years and 126 is not so bad because with some Metformin it can be overcome and another 5 years to level that she might need insulin...something like this...so it's good idea to see what level of diabetics disorder and in how many years one get to such level. > >> > >> Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medication...of course my GLUCF was always marginally high but I was not taking Metformin...and I suspect Metformin reduced my appetite considerably because I am finding myself unable to finish a half plate of food that until last year I could easily finish ! not bad... > >> > >> So basically I assume becoming diabetic is gradual and not as bad as HTN if it is taken care medically, i.e., not allowing glaucoma or cataract ...etc. > >> > >> Max. > >> > >> |Thanks Max, a very timely message for my wife. Her Card just insisted she be > >> |on statins and I asked her if he did a family HX. He didn't but if he had he > >> |would have found her Dad died at 84, her Mom at 93 and her Grandmother at > >> |97. She is the youngest of 8 and 7 are still living, one brother died of colon > >> |cancer. Of course maybe he just wants to make sure she doesn't die from > >> |heart attack, it'll be listed as complications due to DM! I printed it and > >> |suggested she discuss it with him! > >> | > >> |.... > >> | > >> > >> > >> > >> > > > > > > > > >

But 6.4 is with 2000 mg metformin. If I stepped down metformin, would my diabetes became worse? Natalia From: Clarence Grim <lowerbp2@...> "hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism > Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 3:43 PM Subject: Re: Re: Statins linked to diabetes

So no diabetes now? Consider stepping down DM MEDS if any. May your pressure be low!CE Grim MS, MDSpecializing in DifficultHypertensionOn Jan 16, 2012, at 11:54, Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> wrote:

I agree. Natalia From: <jclark24p@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 7:35 PM Subject: Re: Statins linked to diabetes

I am surprised with this recommendation. With HbA1C=6.4 and on 2000mg of Metformin my doctor would not consider DM cured! She looks for it to be between 6.0 and 6.5.

Natalia reported 3 readings last year so she has just recently got down to the high end of acceptable!

- 65 yo super ob., fastidious male - 12mm X 13mm rt. a.adnoma with previous rt. flank pain. Treating with DASH. Stats w/o meds = BP 175/90 HR 59 BS 125. D/C Spironolactone 12/20/2011 due to adverse SX.

Other Issues/Opportunities: OSA w Bi-Pap settings 13/19, DM2, Gynecomastia, MDD and PTSD.

Meds: Duloxetine hcl 80 MG, Metoprolol Tartrate 200 MG, 81mg aspirin and Metformin 2000MG. Started washing Spironolactone 12/20/11 to prepare for AVS.

> >

> >>

> >>

> >> >Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medication

> >>

> >> Did you see any studies on that or it's just your experience and intuition, Max?

> >>

> >> I am very curious because I always suspected that the large dosage different HTN medications caused my diabetes. I like you started Metformin about 10 years being on HTN medications. No family history of diabetes, and I even didn't have marginally numbers. My experience with Metformin is different. Even if I take 2000 mg, my appetite is the same :-)

> >>

> >> Natalia

> >> hyperaldosteronism

> >>

> >>

> >> Hi ,

> >>

> >> I am not sure about the details on this research but I suspect definition of diabetic these days is GLUCF>7.0 mmol/L = 126 mg/dL . Assuming that she starts statins now she perhaps get to 16 in some 5 years and 126 is not so bad because with some Metformin it can be overcome and another 5 years to level that she might need insulin...something like this...so it's good idea to see what level of diabetics disorder and in how many years one get to such level.

> >>

> >> Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medication...of course my GLUCF was always marginally high but I was not taking Metformin...and I suspect Metformin reduced my appetite considerably because I am finding myself unable to finish a half plate of food that until last year I could easily finish ! not bad...

> >>

> >> So basically I assume becoming diabetic is gradual and not as bad as HTN if it is taken care medically, i.e., not allowing glaucoma or cataract ...etc.

> >>

> >> Max.

> >>

> >> |Thanks Max, a very timely message for my wife. Her Card just insisted she be

> >> |on statins and I asked her if he did a family HX. He didn't but if he had he

> >> |97. She is the youngest of 8 and 7 are still living, one brother died of colon

> >> |heart attack, it'll be listed as complications due to DM! I printed it and

> >> |

> >> |....

> >> |

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Ah but they must not be aware of the recent reports of increased risk of heart attack and stroke when too strick control is pushed.I would be happy at her age with a value of <7.0The issue is what would it be if she DASHed and stopped metformin but that is for her and her Dr. to work out. Over 80 the goal is even higher. Say up to 8.Clarence E. Grim, BS, MS, MD

Specializing in Primary Aldosteronism, Difficult High Blood Pressure and recent evolutionary forces on high blood pressure in populations today.On Jan 23, 2012, at 02:33 PM, Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...> wrote:

I agree. Natalia From: <jclark24p@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 7:35 PM Subject: Re: Statins linked to diabetes

I am surprised with this recommendation. With HbA1C=6.4 and on 2000mg of Metformin my doctor would not consider DM cured! She looks for it to be between 6.0 and 6.5.

Natalia reported 3 readings last year so she has just recently got down to the high end of acceptable!

- 65 yo super ob., fastidious male - 12mm X 13mm rt. a.adnoma with previous rt. flank pain. Treating with DASH. Stats w/o meds = BP 175/90 HR 59 BS 125. D/C Spironolactone 12/20/2011 due to adverse SX.

Other Issues/Opportunities: OSA w Bi-Pap settings 13/19, DM2, Gynecomastia, MDD and PTSD.

Meds: Duloxetine hcl 80 MG, Metoprolol Tartrate 200 MG, 81mg aspirin and Metformin 2000MG. Started washing Spironolactone 12/20/11 to prepare for AVS.

> >

> >>

> >>

> >> >Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medication

> >>

> >> Did you see any studies on that or it's just your experience and intuition, Max?

> >>

> >> I am very curious because I always suspected that the large dosage different HTN medications caused my diabetes. I like you started Metformin about 10 years being on HTN medications. No family history of diabetes, and I even didn't have marginally numbers. My experience with Metformin is different. Even if I take 2000 mg, my appetite is the same :-)

> >>

> >> Natalia

> >> hyperaldosteronism

> >>

> >>

> >> Hi ,

> >>

> >> I am not sure about the details on this research but I suspect definition of diabetic these days is GLUCF>7.0 mmol/L = 126 mg/dL . Assuming that she starts statins now she perhaps get to 16 in some 5 years and 126 is not so bad because with some Metformin it can be overcome and another 5 years to level that she might need insulin...something like this...so it's good idea to see what level of diabetics disorder and in how many years one get to such level.

> >>

> >> Using HTN medication also is causing diabetes and I had to start Metformin after about 10 years on HTN medication...of course my GLUCF was always marginally high but I was not taking Metformin...and I suspect Metformin reduced my appetite considerably because I am finding myself unable to finish a half plate of food that until last year I could easily finish ! not bad...

> >>

> >> So basically I assume becoming diabetic is gradual and not as bad as HTN if it is taken care medically, i.e., not allowing glaucoma or cataract ...etc.

> >>

> >> Max.

> >>

> >> |Thanks Max, a very timely message for my wife. Her Card just insisted she be

> >> |on statins and I asked her if he did a family HX. He didn't but if he had he

> >> |97. She is the youngest of 8 and 7 are still living, one brother died of colon

> >> |

> >> |....

> >> |

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Maybe I worry too much, it's true. But who knows how many years? Hawking was told he had a fewer than 15 and it was 50 years ago :-) Natalia From: StudyCircle <studycircle@...> hyperaldosteronism Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:47 PM Subject: RE: Re: Statins linked to diabetes

You look too much worried about future. I only have 15 years to live and who cares if I need to add insulin to my daily dose or not. J Max. Oh, oh, oh! I was on all of them. I am still taking Micardis. Can we expect that DM normalizes after awhile when we are off all BP medications or the process is irreversible? What do you think? Many thanks, Natalia

Yeah but he determined there's no heaven so he's in now hurry to get anywhere.

From: Natalia Kamneva <natalia_kamneva@...>Subject: Re: Re: Statins linked to diabetes"hyperaldosteronism " <hyperaldosteronism >Date: Monday, January 23, 2012, 6:33 PM

Maybe I worry too much, it's true. But who knows how many years? Hawking was told he had a fewer than 15 and it was 50 years ago :-)

Natalia

From: StudyCircle <studycircle@...>hyperaldosteronism Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:47 PMSubject: RE: Re: Statins linked to diabetes

You look too much worried about future. I only have 15 years to live and who cares if I need to add insulin to my daily dose or not. J

Max.

Oh, oh, oh! I was on all of them. I am still taking Micardis.

Can we expect that DM normalizes after awhile when we are off all BP medications or the process is irreversible? What do you think?

Many thanks,

Natalia

That most likely had been an exception case to make him happy J Max. Maybe I worry too much, it's true. But who knows how many years? Hawking was told he had a fewer than 15 and it was 50 years ago :-) Natalia

That most likely had been an exception case to make him happy J Max. Maybe I worry too much, it's true. But who knows how many years? Hawking was told he had a fewer than 15 and it was 50 years ago :-) Natalia

He is now claiming that heaven can be created by his string theory in no time J Max. Yeah but he determined there's no heaven so he's in now hurry to get anywhere. Maybe I worry too much, it's true. But who knows how many years? Hawking was told he had a fewer than 15 and it was 50 years ago :-) Natalia

He is now claiming that heaven can be created by his string theory in no time J Max. Yeah but he determined there's no heaven so he's in now hurry to get anywhere. Maybe I worry too much, it's true. But who knows how many years? Hawking was told he had a fewer than 15 and it was 50 years ago :-) Natalia

He says alot of vague stuff...things that anyone could theroize, but don't and that can't be proven or disproven. Reminds me sometimes of the palm reader or "psychic" who uses vagues things to make one believe they are talking about some big thing.

Maybe I worry too much, it's true. But who knows how many years? Hawking was told he had a fewer than 15 and it was 50 years ago :-)

Natalia